PDA

View Full Version : Plea to NDSU Students....

lakesbison
08-23-2006, 02:56 AM
I would really like to see some NDSU students on this message board.. maybe we all can spread the word at CSP game.. or around campus.

My plea to NDSU students is GET CRAZY (or DRUNK 21+) AND MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!

NDSU being division 1 should bring 5,000 students to every game regardless of who we are playing in my opinion..

You goto Lincoln, Ames, Iowa City, Madison.... every student goes to the football games...

So.. please students.. GET out.. be loud and party in tailgate!!!!!!!

TheBisonator
08-23-2006, 02:26 PM
The student section only holds around 3,500, but I agree that we need to fill it up!!

Also, rumour has it that there are very little tickets remaining for the Northeastern game on 9/16... ;)

sambini
08-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Lets rock and roll students. Great post Lakes see ya at our tailgate party powered by BUDWEISER+++++++++++

lakesbison
08-23-2006, 11:02 PM
My bro is a senior for st johns football.. so ill miss a lot of games..

ill make concordia, northeastern and Minnesota games for sure.

if anyone needs Bison tickets. let me know

IL_Bison
08-24-2006, 04:09 AM
The student section only holds around 3,500, but I agree that we need to fill it up!!

Also, rumour has it that there are very little tickets remaining for the Northeastern game on 9/16... ;)

Crap...is that true? I need to get on the ball and get some tickets. It will be my first weekend back in Fargo for my new job. What a way to spend it!

Bisonguy
08-24-2006, 04:20 AM

Crap...is that true? *I need to get on the ball and get some tickets. *It will be my first weekend back in Fargo for my new job. *What a way to spend it!

Bison Tickets Online (https://www.nmnathletics.com/tickets/TicketHome.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&_MODE_=PERFORMEREVE NTS&SALE_TKT_PERFORMER_ID=20)

Get tickets now!!!

WYOBISONMAN
08-24-2006, 05:10 AM
Lakes is right.....when I have been at the Dome there isn't near the student fire we had back in the Bentrim days......

Tatanka
08-25-2006, 01:19 AM
I agree that the student section "isn't what it once was" but if you think they're the problem, you're fooling yourself. The student section is generally 25% of the crowd and about 85% of the noise. Put it this way: an opposing team has never chosen to be holed up in the south end to begin a game. If NDSU chooses directions, they almost always pin the other team right in front of the student section. Why do you suppose that is? :o

Bisonfan1
08-25-2006, 01:32 AM
I agree that the student section "isn't what it once was" but if you think they're the problem, you're fooling yourself. *The student section is generally 25% of the crowd and about 85% of the noise. *Put it this way: an opposing team has never chosen to be holed up in the south end to begin a game. *If NDSU chooses directions, they almost always pin the other team right in front of the student section. *Why do you suppose that is? :o

Very good point Tatanka ! That is why we need to get the older but not the "dead sit down and shut up knitting book reading crowd " in the north end in sections 20, 21 etc. to rival the student section so the opposing team has nowhere to hide. At least until the rest of the "I dont wear school colors socialites" get the hint from Coach Bohl himself in the new commercial to make some noise. At least some of the training has started to get everyone up on at least 3rd down defensive stands. So any students reading this, your efforts are very much appreciated. :)

lakesbison
08-25-2006, 03:30 AM
should we all pitch in $10 and get a www.bisonville.com banner in the memorial union for a few weeks starting Sept 1st??

What you think guys..

get 15 of us to pony up $10.. for $150 for 2 months in the union for www.BISONVILLE.com ??

cmon TONY!!!

IABZN
08-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Remember how loud it was at dakota field? It wasn't that there was more students, it was how we were seated along the length of the field. Plus the THUNDER from the bleachers. The dome wasn't built to be loud, it was built to enjoy not only football, but concerts. I agree Games in the dome suck from a stant up and watch the game and cheer stand point. That is why I only attend Road games, so we can have fun and cheer on the team with out someone telling me and my kids to shut up because they can't concentrate on their novel. The plea should be to build a fricken outdoor 25,000 seat stadium for football only, and bring back the home field advantage we had in the 80's and early 90's.

BisonBacker
08-25-2006, 02:44 PM
I don't see any reason why we can't fill the dome and fill it with noisy fans. The gameday atmosphere can be anything we want it to be, just have to have some folks show others the way. The point IABZN made about Dakota field and the bleachers is well taken, we lost the bleacher noise effect, no way you can kick concrete to make that kind of noise but people can stand up and cheer, if enough people continually fill the dome and those same people make some noise the dome can be an intimidating place to play football. It's all what you make it. As far as building an outdoor stadium lets fill the dome first and continually sellout before we start talking larger venue.

Bisondad
08-25-2006, 03:07 PM
I remember a couple of times during last year's SDSU game where the Dome was awesome. No way that can't be duplicated. As the games get bigger and the rivalries build, I think the noise will follow. I can't imagine it was quite in the dome for the NDSU/UND games.

mebison
08-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Does anyone know where the band will be this year, or where it was last year? At the end of my last year, they experimented with putting the band in the end-zone closest to the student section. Two noise-related advantages to that:

1. Close to the student section so more interaction on cheers (put the band in! put the band in!) and songs (in heaven there is no beer....)

2. 100+ kids (many of whom probably qualify as ADD types ;D) who dedicate their afternoons and saturdays to making noise standing on ALUMINUM bleachers!!

Scooter
08-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Here's an idea....

We have those stinking dome police, lets put them to good use. *They are all standing at every section entrance, give a bunus to the security guard who can get his section to yell the loudest throughout the game. *The dome authority seams to think that they need 1000 security guards to control the crowd, give me a frickin' break!!!

PS. * There is nothing funnier than watching a security guard who is posted at the GENERAL ADMISSION section checking every ticket to see if they are allowed in the section. *I walked up to one of them last year and asked them "So, have you caught anyone trying to over pay to sit in this section yet?" *Obviously, the humor of the situation was lost on him. :D

bisonreader
08-25-2006, 03:28 PM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DIGRAPPLER
08-25-2006, 04:04 PM
The Fraternity Council (the 10 campus frat houses) are having a RUSH event with free food and prizes for student starting at 5:30 on game day. That's what I am talking about! Student groups getting involved! Students join the Bison brigade. We are selling our new green and gold camo shirts in the union today!

SDbison
08-25-2006, 04:12 PM
The Fraternity Council (the 10 campus frat houses) are having *a RUSH event with free food and prizes for student starting at 5:30 on game day. *That's what I am talking about! *Student groups getting involved! *Students join the Bison brigade. We are selling our new green and gold camo shirts in the union today!
So are the students going from this rush event straight to the game? *Hopefully this event will not divert students from the game. *The campus should be dead at about 6PM on game day since all the students should be at the dome. *

Scooter
08-25-2006, 04:17 PM
The Fraternity Council (the 10 campus frat houses) are having *a RUSH event with free food and prizes for student starting at 5:30 on game day. *That's what I am talking about! *Student groups getting involved! *Students join the Bison brigade. We are selling our new green and gold camo shirts in the union today!
So are the students going from this rush event straight to the game? *Hopefully this event will not divert students from the game. *The campus should be dead at about 6PM on game day since all the students should be at the dome. *

That's the ticket, Mobilize these Frat boys!!!

But, start it at 3:00 until 6:00 and then everyone walk over to the game as a group of rabid student fans!

DIGRAPPLER
08-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Should have clarified, the RUSH event is at the Fargodome right outside the student entrance.

Scooter
08-25-2006, 04:23 PM
O....I....C.... that makes more sense. :)

IowaBison
08-26-2006, 03:09 PM
As a former rep on IFC, the rush event is a great idea iff they manage the alcohol situation.

lakesbison
08-27-2006, 04:48 AM
what are you talking about??

let em drink..... most 19-22 yr old college students do anyways.. get them loud!! LOUD!!! LOUD!!!!

Dam... its 2006, not 1926 !!!

Their peers are in IRAQ/AFGHAN dying... and you are worried about a few bers before a COLLEGE football tailgate rush party??!?!?!?

CMON!!!! GO BISON!!

Scooter
08-27-2006, 04:59 AM
Yeah, that's what we want....kids getting cited BEFORE they get to the game. And to top it all off, let's hold the function planners responsible as well. Until the laws change we are stuck abiding by them.

I hope to God you were kidding, Lakesbison. If not, were you dropped on your head recently?

02Bison
08-27-2006, 05:47 AM
Yeah, that's what we want....kids getting cited BEFORE they get to the game. *And to top it all off, let's hold the function planners responsible as well. *Until the laws change we are stuck abiding by them.

I hope to God you were kidding, Lakesbison. *If not, were you dropped on your head recently?

++++

The sad thing is I don't think lakes is kidding. He's under the false pretense that one must get liquored up to cheer. You don't need booze and a lack of inhibitions to cheer. You need school spirit and a love of Bison football. I hope that the Bison are able to get fans willing to cheer without the aid of alcohol. And no, I am not against alcohol. I'm against the attitude that alcohol is necessary for a good time.

Scooter
08-27-2006, 08:19 AM
Yeah, that's what we want....kids getting cited BEFORE they get to the game. *And to top it all off, let's hold the function planners responsible as well. *Until the laws change we are stuck abiding by them.

I hope to God you were kidding, Lakesbison. *If not, were you dropped on your head recently?

++++

The sad thing is I don't think lakes is kidding. He's under the false pretense that one must get liquored up to cheer. You don't need booze and a lack of inhibitions to cheer. *You need school spirit and a love of Bison football. *I hope that the Bison are able to get fans willing to cheer without the aid of alcohol. And no, I am not against alcohol. I'm against the attitude that alcohol is necessary for a good time.

There is one way to see if you are on the level, Lakes. *Why don't you buy the beer for this function? *Hell, put your name and address on every can of beer so when the police cite the under aged students, they'll know where to go next. *Then, when you are in court, you can use this logic on the judge. *I'm sure he'll get just as big a kick out of it as I did and let you go. :D

Don't want to do that? Yeah, I wouldn't think so. ;)

Dakota
08-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Edited by Admin(tony): Personal attack.

SDbison
08-27-2006, 03:28 PM
I posted this on another topic but thought it applies here as well:
I think the underage students who drink are more of a reflection of those who are over 21. A small percentage drink to excess, most have a few drinks to feel good, relax and enjoy a social outing, and some choose not to drink. What amazes me is how much focus society puts on penalizing young adults who have done nothing else but place a liquor bottle in hand. Those who act up and do juvenile things such as fighting, destroying property and driving intoxicated deserve their punishment. Coming down on students in one small area of town with swat team like organization to write tickets for underage consumption is misuse of taxpayer resources. The police should be focusing on catching real criminals like robbers, drug dealers, etc. Just because a realtively small portion of society has a problem with drinking doesn't justify the over emphasis on underage drinking. Many people on this board were college students at one time and I am sure most of them drank on occasion while they were underage. I have no problem with monitoring the students to keep things in check, but to outright screen most every one of them is abuse. Funny thing, all the focus on policing will do little to curb underage drinking. If there are going to be changes parental involvement at an earlier age to discuss drinking responsibly will make the biggest difference.

SDbison
08-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Hope as many students as possible get to Bison football games this year. Some will have a few drinks, some won't. All I care is they get their butts in the seats and make some noise. Also, unless they are going back to the dorm or apartment to study, please stay for the entire game (going to a party is a poor excuse). There should be banners all over campus (game day signs) and all week most every student, professor, and organization should be telling the student body to get to the game. Let's make each home game a major event! Pack the dome! Go Bison!