PDA

View Full Version : What lies ahead....?

HimOleChief
06-24-2015, 04:18 PM
Bringing in Walseth did absolutely nothing last year to move things forward. She was an awful 11-18, anyone can go 11 and 18. If she was even close to .500 I'd give her forgiveness. When Walseth allows/encourages Brooke LeMar to shoot 20-25 times a game at the expense of not understanding and not including how to make the other four girls on the court to be scorers/ shooters/threats/contributors to help the team win I was confused by her basketball logic to let LeMar make or break the team alone by putting all the eggs in one basket of a single player alone-This isn't the NBA, Brooke LeMar doesn't have the middle name of Steph, LeBron, or Kobe in it; I was pretty disappointed in our new coach's lack of understanding of basketball x's and o's at the mid major d1 level here. Hopefully Walseth can get at least close to .500 this year. Forget about recruiting in the next juco college superstar or chasing the next out of state player from god knows where. Any coach who understands basketball 101 should at least go .500 in this average mid major conference and can win with just the local talent in the Dakotas, MN, WI, IA..........it's not like we are playing in the Big Ten, or have I even seen a non conference heavyweight on the schedule yet..............Good luck this year girls and enjoy the fun-

1998braves64
06-24-2015, 04:44 PM
Can I present the DeHoff years as a counter argument?? If you watched the team at all last year and compared to the previous 6 it was a very good step forward, Walseth has a ways to go though by all means. I liked her team's style of play better than DeHoff's. Plus she beat SDSU for first time in Fargo since like 10 years ago. In her first year. Like seeing a few promising recruits too!
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

gotts
06-24-2015, 04:49 PM
There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Bisonguy
06-24-2015, 04:53 PM
Nearly doubled the previous years win total, and made a huge improvement in conference wins. (+5 IIRC). I'd say that's fairly significant for a first year head coach.

bri-dog
06-24-2015, 04:54 PM
HimOleChief throwum Maren under bus. :duel:

Living in Colorado, I didn't see any games, so I can't comment specifically on that. But I do think you have to give a new coach at least a couple years. I'm hoping to see improvement every year, though...

Mr Meaty
The girls played hard last year and had fun. Under DeHoff they quick on her because she quit on them a couple years ago. Walserh is heading in the right direction. I am not willing to throw her under the bus for first year 11-18 record. Beat sdsu went to overtime with und.

Bison bison
Bringing in Walseth did absolutely nothing last year to move things forward. She was an awful 11-18, anyone can go 11 and 18. If she was even close to .500 I'd give her forgiveness. When Walseth allows/encourages Brooke LeMar to shoot 20-25 times a game at the expense of not understanding and not including how to make the other four girls on the court to be scorers/ shooters/threats/contributors to help the team win I was confused by her basketball logic to let LeMar make or break the team alone by putting all the eggs in one basket of a single player alone-This isn't the NBA, Brooke LeMar doesn't have the middle name of Steph, LeBron, or Kobe in it; I was pretty disappointed in our new coach's lack of understanding of basketball x's and o's at the mid major d1 level here. Hopefully Walseth can get at least close to .500 this year. Forget about recruiting in the next juco college superstar or chasing the next out of state player from god knows where. Any coach who understands basketball 101 should at least go .500 in this average mid major conference and can win with just the local talent in the Dakotas, MN, WI, IA..........it's not like we are playing in the Big Ten, or have I even seen a non conference heavyweight on the schedule yet..............Good luck this year girls and enjoy the fun-

With all due respect, I can't help thinking that you might be an idiot.

The state of disrepair of the women's basketball program under DeHoff cannot be understated. It was BAD. Really, really bad.

I watched the ORU and SDSU games in Fargo last year and for the first time in a long time had fun. The team looked like a team. The coaches looked like coaches.

BisonTeacher
06-24-2015, 04:56 PM

Great First post. Good luck with that.

Welcome to Bisonville. :)

Mr Meaty
06-24-2015, 04:57 PM
Nice first post Mr DeHoff.

1998braves64
06-24-2015, 05:08 PM
Nice first post Mr DeHoff.

Wouldn't it be Mrs? Not there is anything wrong with that.

Bison Loaf
06-24-2015, 05:11 PM
Explodes onto the Bisonville scene with a bang!!! I love it!!! ........................Don't agree with it one bit, but I love it!

Of course, with your chosen screen name, you're going to need to convince everyone on here that you are not a troll from the "land of the sinking suns"............................but if you can do that, I applaud your hutzpah and your willingness to put out your views for discussion. :)

Bisonionette
06-24-2015, 05:53 PM

Gone fishing... #wuttadouchebag

HerdBot
06-24-2015, 08:58 PM
Wow just after reading the first ridiculous statement criticizing Walseth, I won't waste my time reading the rest of it

Check neg rep

56BISON73
06-24-2015, 11:41 PM

With all of that supposed knowledge did you by some chance apply for the job? No---yeah didnt think so.

StL Bison Fan
06-25-2015, 02:20 AM
:facepalm: that is all...

Mr Meaty
06-25-2015, 01:04 PM
Did HOC get scared and stop trolling already? If you come out with a statement like that I guess you should be prepared to defend yourself. After all in his world he is correct so please enlighten us to why we are all wrong for giving the coach time to turn this ship around. I look forward to HOC response.

Bisonionette
06-25-2015, 03:18 PM
Fishing is all for the #wuttadouchebag...

... Brooke was one of the top pg in program history, for sure in D1 history... She had little supporting help, TT shows good signs for the furture, Whittle and Johnson seniors this season... Could be a struggle this season, but the rebuilding is here. I trust Walseth.

ndsubison1
06-26-2015, 04:15 AM

It was her first year. She had a lot work to do with what the previous staff left. Give it time.

Mr Meaty
07-15-2015, 06:39 PM
What lies ahead???? Looks like we only have 10 players on the roster for the coming season. Does anybody have an idea if it is tooooooooooo late to find one or more to round out the team? Or are we better to just wait and address it next year? I will hang up and listen.

BlueKeyAlum
07-16-2015, 02:36 PM
What lies ahead???? Looks like we only have 10 players on the roster for the coming season. Does anybody have an idea if it is tooooooooooo late to find one or more to round out the team? Or are we better to just wait and address it next year? I will hang up and listen.

Roster updates and no Happke.

http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball&tab=roster2

At this juncture, any addition to the team will probably come through tryouts once the academic year starts.

Mr Meaty
07-16-2015, 03:18 PM

At this juncture, any addition to the team will probably come through tryouts once the academic year starts.

I believe she is going to St Cloud to play.
Tryouts we are talking about tryouts, man tryouts.
Well either way I am still excited about the coming year for both men and women basketball at NDSU.

Bisonator98
07-16-2015, 03:21 PM
This team needs some height!

Hammersmith
07-17-2015, 01:24 AM

Workouts are underway for the basketball teams, the men’s team in preparation for its trip to the Bahamas in early August, they’ll get ten practices before that in July. The women are down another player as the Bison Media Blog has learned that McKenna Happke has left the team. Happke posted on her Instagram account that she’s leaving NDSU and enrolling at St. Cloud State and will play basketball there. Happke played in just two games in her true freshman year for a total of six minutes and no points. She’s the second member of the Class of 2014 no longer with the team as Olivia Baker signed but never played for the Bison. NDSU now is down to ten players on the roster counting the three incoming players (Kennedy Childers, Brianna Jones and Megan Gamble). With the departure of Kayla Becken from concussions, this leaves Maren Walseth in a tough spot for players.
http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/the-new-guy-and-some-hoops/