PDA

View Full Version : New Senior Director of Engagement for the Development Foundation/Alumni Association

THEsocalledfan
06-23-2015, 04:38 PM
I can't find an official NDSU link on this, but here is part of an e-mail I received:

I am very happy to announce that we have successfully hired our Senior Director of Engagement for the Development Foundation/Alumni Association. Sara Wald, who has served the College of Health Professions for the past seven years, most recently as the Director of Development, will assume her new role with us beginning July 6.

Sara worked for the Development Foundation/Alumni Association prior to her employment with the College of Health Professions, and we are very fortunate to have her on our team once more. Her connections on campus and with the alumni she serves, along with her experience in events and fundraising, make her the perfect addition to our staff. We look forward to the contributions Sara will make to our organization as we continue to grow and change for the betterment of NDSU.

I can tell you that I've had a close relationship with Sara for years due to her soon to be former role, and can't say enough good things about her. The Alumni Association is very lucky to have another excellent leader, and I am so proud of Sara for being chosen. Congrats Sara!

Bison bison
06-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Very cool.

She'll do a great job.

tony
06-23-2015, 05:37 PM
Wait, where is this position in the development foundation org chart?

The guy they got rid of was called the President/CEO so this isn't his replacement, is it?

I trust that she will do a great job, but seeing "senior" and "director" in a job title sets my teeth on edge. Are their junior directors? Deputy directors? And who are they directing and how many levels deep does it go?

THEsocalledfan
06-23-2015, 07:50 PM
Wait, where is this position in the development foundation org chart?

The guy they got rid of was called the President/CEO so this isn't his replacement, is it?

I trust that she will do a great job, but seeing "senior" and "director" in a job title sets my teeth on edge. Are their junior directors? Deputy directors? And who are they directing and how many levels deep does it go?

I don't know anything about the org chart, but this is the replacement for Sherri.

Gully
06-23-2015, 11:54 PM
I've known Sara since college and think she will do a great job representing the university. She is a big fan of our athletic teams just as many of us on this board. Congratulations Sara!

bri-dog
06-24-2015, 12:44 AM
As long as she's a Fargo native, everybody will be fine with it. God forbid she's a native of one of our rival's cities or something like that. :hide:

Bison bison
06-24-2015, 12:53 AM
I hope somebody checked that first.

Gully
06-24-2015, 12:56 AM
As long as she's a Fargo native, everybody will be fine with it. God forbid she's a native of one of our rival's cities or something like that. :hide:

I see what you did there!

DORMIE
07-09-2015, 06:29 PM
Sara is from Brookings, SD and an NDSU graduate. I did a lot of printing with her when she just started with the Association. A really neat person with tons of energy. Bleeds green and yellow.