PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Verbal #1, OL Karson Schoening Rolla ND

HerdBot
06-21-2015, 08:46 PM
Karson Schoening Rolla ND

6-5, 300 and looks to have room to grow. Seems like your proto typical hard working ND tough small town kid. He was an elite camper winner. Congrats

HerdBot
06-21-2015, 09:02 PM
Like many RAMS, he's also a pretty good basketball player too

scottietohottie
06-21-2015, 09:03 PM
Like many RAMS, he's also a pretty good basketball player too

Plays baseball too.

perthbison
06-21-2015, 10:31 PM
Thrilled to hear this

NorthernBison
06-21-2015, 10:53 PM
Good kid. I've watched him play 3 sports and it appears he does things right.

A kid his size could be lazy on fundamentals and still get by. I've never seen that from him and, believe me, I've looked for it.

GOBISON123
06-22-2015, 04:36 AM
Karson Schoening Rolla ND

6-5, 300 and looks to have room to grow. Seems like your proto typical hard working ND tough small town kid. He was an elite camper winner. Congrats

I see few places , wday sports and other sites where he is listed as 6.4", nonetheless he is part of the Bison family, welcome to Bison Nation Karson

HerdBot
06-22-2015, 10:59 AM
I see few places , wday sports and other sites where he is listed as 6.4", nonetheless he is part of the Bison family, welcome to Bison Nation Karson

A year ago the football roster listed him at 6-4. The more recent basketball roster lists him at 6-5. WDAY probably just Googled his name and pulled the first numbers they saw. Either way 6-4, 6-5 is proto typical for a guard and possibly big enough for tackle.

scottietohottie
06-22-2015, 11:44 AM
Maybe he's not done growing. Has a big frame that should excite coach Kramer. I know he and his family went to quite a few Bison games last year stayed at the same hotel as them for one playoff game. I'll be watching him on Friday nights this fall. Glad to see north prairie (Rolla and Rolette) back at the nine man level where they belong. They were the smallest eleven man school the last couple years and held their own there. Haven't seen high school schedule yet but am guessing the away games will be closer this year too hopefully make them as well. Congratulations Karson and Bison football.

BisonHorns
06-22-2015, 12:22 PM
Between waiting for the season to start, red shirt freshman to get to playing level, and now verbals like this I am having a bit of a hard time waiting. It is like kids waiting for Christmas to open gifts but my wait is lasting all year.

tjbison
06-22-2015, 01:01 PM
What's his 40 time? Any film on him to break down

:biggrin:

THEsocalledfan
06-22-2015, 01:38 PM
Great signing, but I still do not approve of Rolette and Rolla playing football together; just does not seem right...... Like Wild Bills bullet train U idea.....

NorthernBison
06-22-2015, 03:56 PM
Great signing, but I still do not approve of Rolette and Rolla playing football together; just does not seem right...... Like Wild Bills bullet train U idea.....They play baseball together too. I think they go by Northern Lights for baseball. They used the name North Prairie for football. Should be an interesting football team this year. They lost a ton of speed from last year. Excellent QB coming back and, of course, nobody will be able to handle Karson.

THEsocalledfan
06-22-2015, 07:01 PM
They play baseball together too. I think they go by Northern Lights for baseball. They used the name North Prairie for football. Should be an interesting football team this year. They lost a ton of speed from last year. Excellent QB coming back and, of course, nobody will be able to handle Karson.

In the old day, baseball was a weird deal as Rolla had dropped baseball, but Rolette, Cando/BE, and Munich always had good teams. Rolette did not have track due to this, and Rolla had kept track. Have to admit, that is a good thing, now. I think they are also together for Legion ball.

Thing I can't figure out is how they can agree on how many games to play in Rolla vs. Rolette as that must get contentious.....

NorthernBison
06-22-2015, 09:26 PM
In the old day, baseball was a weird deal as Rolla had dropped baseball, but Rolette, Cando/BE, and Munich always had good teams. Rolette did not have track due to this, and Rolla had kept track. Have to admit, that is a good thing, now. I think they are also together for Legion ball.

Thing I can't figure out is how they can agree on how many games to play in Rolla vs. Rolette as that must get contentious.....
Cando has a Legion team. Munich is with Langdon(No kids on the team this season but Baberuth players coming up next year). Rolette HAD a Legion team but they ticked of their Legion Post by dropping out of the Region Tourney last year because they didn't have enough players so they wouldn't sponsor a team this season. Too bad because Pfeifer is a very good pitcher and all around super duper athlete. Heard he might play Legion ball for Bottineau but they didn't have enough numbers. Not sure why he didn't play in Cando. They could use some more talent. Back on topic, Karson and Pfeifer will be the nucleus of their football team this Fall. Edit: I just saw a Bottineau score 6-4 over Cando so they must have got something going.

THEsocalledfan
06-23-2015, 02:00 AM
Cando has a Legion team. Munich is with Langdon(No kids on the team this season but Baberuth players coming up next year). Rolette HAD a Legion team but they ticked of their Legion Post by dropping out of the Region Tourney last year because they didn't have enough players so they wouldn't sponsor a team this season. Too bad because Pfeifer is a very good pitcher and all around super duper athlete. Heard he might play Legion ball for Bottineau but they didn't have enough numbers. Not sure why he didn't play in Cando. They could use some more talent. Back on topic, Karson and Pfeifer will be the nucleus of their football team this Fall. Edit: I just saw a Bottineau score 6-4 over Cando so they must have got something going.

I played for Pfeifer's dad. Phenomenal coach; shame he is no longer coaching. Wish he would have moved up the ranks in coaching; he had real talent for it.

perthbison
06-23-2015, 02:28 AM
Thing I can't figure out is how they can agree on how many games to play in Rolla vs. Rolette .What makes you think they agree on this?:biggrin:

tolnabison
06-23-2015, 02:42 AM
I played for Pfeifer's dad. Phenomenal coach; shame he is no longer coaching. Wish he would have moved up the ranks in coaching; he had real talent for it.

Tim's the head coach at Dakota College in Bottineau.

Also Schoening and Pfeifer play legion baseball for Bottineau.

perthbison
06-23-2015, 02:53 AM
Also Schoening and Pfeifer play legion baseball for Bottineau.Karson is actually a pitcher. He has always outgrown and out eaten his classmates and when he was in the 6th grade he was pitching against a velva team and his dad said the parents from velva were convinced that He was'nt a 6th grader no way. He was though.

bri-dog
06-23-2015, 03:23 AM

He's originally from Cooperstown, right? If that's him, 75Nova and I used to play softball a couple years ago. Okay, more like 32 years ago... :)

tolnabison
06-23-2015, 03:24 AM
He's originally from Cooperstown, right? If that's him, 75Nova and I used to play softball a couple years ago. Okay, more like 32 years ago... :)

Your correct Bri-dog

THEsocalledfan
06-23-2015, 01:29 PM

They have a college football team in Bottineau? Pretty sure the Jacks did not have a team when I was growing up.

Great to see Tim is still coaching. 2 time high school coach of the year for folks who don't know him.

A1pigskin
06-24-2015, 02:09 AM
Glad to see a ND kid staying in ND to play D1 Football.

Rock
06-24-2015, 12:11 PM
Glad to see a ND kid staying in ND to play D1 Football.

Yeah but can NDSU compete with ND kids at a D1 level? (Purple).

http://youtu.be/Gi2A5apBHC8

Been a fun 11 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kujava23
06-24-2015, 07:18 PM
Between waiting for the season to start, red shirt freshman to get to playing level, and now verbals like this I am having a bit of a hard time waiting. It is like kids waiting for Christmas to open gifts but my wait is lasting all year.

I heard a rumor that you have a killer BISON yard sign...any chance a picture of it?

A1pigskin
06-24-2015, 11:20 PM

Been a fun 11 years.

I think so. So far so good.

Bison Loaf
06-24-2015, 11:47 PM

Been a fun 11 years.

I think so. So far so good.

Beck's great effort speaks tons for what this program is all about. He certainly disrupted the play for his teammates to cleanup seconds later, but can you imagine if he had actually reached the QB and made the tackle himself! :eek:

As it is, I think that play is right up there with all the memorable ones in Bison history (and there are ALOT of memorable ones!), but if Beck somehow super-humanly makes the play himself, it'd be right up there with "The Pitch" for me!:bowdown:

Now back to the thread!!
Welcome to the Herd, Karson! I know you'll represent your home state well!

IzzyFlexion
06-25-2015, 02:22 AM
Beck's great effort speaks tons for what this program is all about. He certainly disrupted the play for his teammates to cleanup seconds later, but can you imagine if he had actually reached the QB and made the tackle himself! :eek:

As it is, I think that play is right up there with all the memorable ones in Bison history (and there are ALOT of memorable ones!), but if Beck somehow super-humanly makes the play himself, it'd be right up there with "The Pitch" for me!:bowdown:

Now back to the thread!!
Welcome to the Herd, Karson! I know you'll represent your home state well!

Fabulous vid..........
T-Beck not only recognized out of the corner of his eye that the TB was going low to make the block.................he flew what appears to be at least 16 feet in complete horizontal layout. Blocker didn't even touch him.

scottietohottie
08-28-2015, 11:56 AM
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? I'll report back tonight.

NorthernBison
08-28-2015, 12:32 PM
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? I'll report back tonight.
Last week would indicate they have a long way to go. Although, Karson and Jalen can't do it all themselves for NP.

scottietohottie
08-28-2015, 12:40 PM
Last week would indicate they have a long way to go. Although, Karson and Jalen can't do it all themselves for NP.

Didn't make it last weekend. It's going to take the coach a little time to get the 9 man thing figured out. It's more of a race to the side line in 9 man not really a big lineman's cup of tea. I was actually kind of impressed last year with some of the younger kids laying some big hits on defense. They are all back this year I'll go see for myself tonight.

NorthernBison
08-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Didn't make it last weekend. It's going to take the coach a little time to get the 9 man thing figured out. It's more of a race to the side line in 9 man not really a big lineman's cup of tea. I was actually kind of impressed last year with some of the younger kids laying some big hits on defense. They are all back this year I'll go see for myself tonight.
Just so we're clear, I was surprised at SJ losing to NB last week. They did lose their QB early in camp and moved Poitra to QB. Great athlete and was All-State WR last season. NP will be tough this year. They lost several players who had excellent speed but, I think they will handle SJ tonight.

El_Chapo
08-28-2015, 01:31 PM
so how did these guys do?

scottietohottie
10-08-2015, 02:33 PM
Looking forward to tomorrow night. Perfect regular season on the line. Last couple games have been blow outs not much action for Karson. He did block a punt and return it for a TD against tgu one of the better teams in region. And guess what socalled at the dunseith game I even stood amongst Rolette people!

jarhead
10-08-2015, 02:35 PM
Rolette Rocks!

THEsocalledfan
10-08-2015, 02:36 PM
Looking forward to tomorrow night. Perfect regular season on the line. Last couple games have been blow outs not much action for Karson. He did block a punt and return it for a TD against tgu one of the better teams in region. And guess what socalled at the dunseith game I even stood amongst Rolette people!

Rolette people are a heck of lot better than those darn Rolla people.......if you ever meet Jason Heinz; good friend of mine from high school with family in the Rolla area, too.

BisonFan02
10-08-2015, 02:54 PM
Rolette people are a heck of lot better than those darn Rolla people.......if you ever meet Jason Heinz; good friend of mine from high school with family in the Rolla area, too.

Rugby is where it is at....used to run train on Rolette and Rolla in baseball...they were not a threat. :D

NorthernBison
10-08-2015, 04:48 PM
I expected them to own that 9 man region after seeing the results early in the season. The playoff run should test them at some point. Thompson is pretty solid and Cavalier isn't too shabby either.

Civil06
10-08-2015, 04:53 PM
I expected them to own that 9 man region after seeing the results early in the season. The playoff run should test them at some point. Thompson is pretty solid and Cavalier isn't too shabby either.

I was at the Thompson vs. Cavalier game a few weeks back when Cavalier lost for the first time in forever. Great game with really good athleticism on both teams. I heard Cavalier's QB is hurt, so my money's on Thompson to win state.

tjamz
10-11-2015, 12:15 AM
Rugby is where it is at....used to run train on Rolette and Rolla in baseball...they were not a threat. :D

Wrong. Balta is better than all three of those towns!

;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
10-31-2015, 08:59 PM
Karson played some football today. Dominated the defensive line. North Prairie wins 14-6

IzzyFlexion
11-01-2015, 01:16 AM
Heard some good stuff about this kid last weekend from a guy that has a legit football mind. Says Karson has great footwork and agility for his size and is the real deal.
Can't wait to see him in Fargo.

LifeLongBison
11-06-2015, 02:01 PM
I read that Karson had 12 tackles in last weekends playoff game.
That's a lot of tackles for a defensive lineman --- especially considering how wide-open 9-man footaball is.

Your guy must be correct in stating Karson has good agility.

THEsocalledfan
11-06-2015, 03:01 PM
I read that Karson had 12 tackles in last weekends playoff game.
That's a lot of tackles for a defensive lineman --- especially considering how wide-open 9-man footaball is.

Your guy must be correct in stating Karson has good agility.

9 tackles? Good grief. Best I ever did as a D end was like 4.

missingnumber7
11-06-2015, 07:14 PM

It was a 14-6 game.

TateMosersneighbor
11-06-2015, 07:27 PM
When are we going to wake up and realize that these Class B small town ND kids can't play at this level? I think we need to be sticking to the larger towns. Do we really think that kids from Watford, Cando, Velva, Hillsboro, Cairo and last but not least Mobridge can get on the field?

I think it's short sighted.

I'd rather stick to the well established kids from big towns like San Diego or Wayzata.

perthbison
11-06-2015, 07:33 PM

I didn't watch the game but they must have foolishly ran at him a fair amount. One of the LBs loaded up on tackles too. Couldn't have been many tackles left to divide among the rest.

perthbison
11-06-2015, 07:36 PM
When are we going to wake up and realize that these Class B small town ND kids can't play at this level? I think we need to be sticking to the larger towns. Do we really think that kids from Watford, Cando, Velva, Hillsboro, Cairo and last but not least Mobridge can get on the field?

I'd rather stick to the well established kids from big towns like San Diego or Wayzata.

Shut up, Roger!:biggrin:

MAKBison
11-06-2015, 07:38 PM

I get this is sarcastic, but talent comes from wherever the talent comes form. you will not find many here that are suggesting we overlook the home state kids or any states kids. Just recruit Bison!

missingnumber7
11-06-2015, 07:39 PM

The kid is 6'5" 300 there aren't any kids like that on any of the Bismarck teams this year.

perthbison
11-06-2015, 07:42 PM
The kid is 6'5" 300 there aren't any kids like that on any of the Bismarck teams this year.

I'm thinking 6'4" and 290 but his pa said last year that he's still growing

CalBison97
11-06-2015, 07:44 PM

You forgot to mention the metropolis of Munich, home of one Travis Beck. :facepalm:

IzzyFlexion
11-06-2015, 07:49 PM

Poor bastard............quadrupled team all game......every game............ so the legend goes.
No wonder yer a world traveler.
I bet you go to France 4 times a year just to mow down some of those beret wearin' Nancys on dark Parisian sidewalks.

perthbison
11-06-2015, 07:55 PM
You forgot to mention the metropolis of Munich, home of one Travis Beck. :facepalm:

Uh, that'd be Calio, pop 15 or so

runtheoption
11-06-2015, 08:21 PM
The kid is 6'5" 300 there aren't any kids like that on any of the Bismarck teams this year.I suppose we brought 40,000 to the Metrodome in 2007, too. Everyone knows that those Bismarck boys are the bread and butter of NDSU's long-sustained success, sprinkled in with a couple of Minot'ians. The only reason we end up with small-town guys is because all the studs from the big-towns are going FBS, so we are left with small-town scraps.

I'm thinking 6'4" and 290. There, truth. That is WAY different than 6'5" 300.

Bison4ever56
11-06-2015, 10:23 PM

I'm not sure how to give negative rep. so I am going to encourage others to

BadlandsBison
11-06-2015, 10:27 PM

Can't tell if serious

runtheoption
11-07-2015, 01:09 AM
Neg rep for not detecting blatantly obvious sarcasm.

scottietohottie
11-07-2015, 01:41 AM
I've typed a couple of responses then deleted them. I'll just put it this way. I've watched Karson play 4 games this year and last week was by far the best. So good that I'm going to drive south west for 6 hours tomorrow to watch him play one more time instead of going to the western Illinois game.

perthbison
11-07-2015, 03:01 AM
I've typed a couple of responses then deleted them. I'll just put it this way. I've watched Karson play 4 games this year and last week was by far the best. So good that I'm going to drive south west for 6 hours tomorrow to watch him play one more time instead of going to the western Illinois game.

We know the real swing vote that started your pickup headed to Hettinger instead of Fargo. I talked to a trio of cougar fans this morning as they were gassing up to head SW for tomorrows game. They all had a shot gun along too.

BisoninNWMN
11-07-2015, 11:10 AM

Long drive to my hometown of Hettinger!

Hettinger has 3 backs over 1000 yards this year. Should be a good game.

THEsocalledfan
11-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Long drive to my hometown of Hettinger!

Hettinger has 3 backs over 1000 yards this year. Should be a good game.

Poor devils have no idea how hard kids from Rolette hit. Rolla kids are pretty soft, though.....

scottietohottie
11-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Poor devils have no idea how hard kids from Rolette hit. Rolla kids are pretty soft, though.....

Best time I ever had playing football was in the eight grade on the Rolette infield while the varsities played on the football field. No helmets no pads just the eight grade Rolla kids vs the eight grade Rolette kids. What a blast.

scottietohottie
11-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Karson blocked a punt. North prairie wins 20-8. Richland in the dome 9am Friday.

missingnumber7
11-08-2015, 04:21 AM
Karson blocked a punt. North prairie wins 20-8. Richland in the dome 9am Friday.

Played like a beast today. The guys I was with were impressed.

We were also impressed that announced attendance was 995.

TateMosersneighbor
11-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Uh, that'd be Calio, pop 15 or so

Whoops...thought it was Cairo, meant Calio...to lazy to look it up. Of course I'm kidding everyone. I was hoping to hit some small towns of studs of past...and then I through in Tappen too. Great to see these guys making it to the big stage of NDSU Football.

NorthernBison
11-11-2015, 02:35 PM
I have no idea what to expect. Richland is a typical big play type of 9 man team and they beat BOTH Cavalier and Thompson in the playoffs. North Prairie looks like a physical power team but the skill players are excellent athletes. I'm expecting a real battle.

runtheoption
11-11-2015, 07:37 PM
Whoops...thought it was Cairo, meant Calio...to lazy to look it up. Of course I'm kidding everyone. I was hoping to hit some small towns of studs of past...and then I through in Tappen too. Great to see these guys making it to the big stage of NDSU Football.

Tappen > Sawyer.

perthbison
11-11-2015, 09:23 PM
Whoops...thought it was Cairo, meant Calio...to lazy to look it up. Of course I'm kidding everyone. I was hoping to hit some small towns of studs of past...and then I through in Tappen too. Great to see these guys making it to the big stage of NDSU Football.I have a friend-relative who is originally from Cairo, pop 3 million at least. No NDSU recruits from there though. It'd be a sorry coach who drew that recruiting visit.

scottietohottie
11-11-2015, 09:38 PM
What time do the tailgate lots open Friday? I'm going to be in line Thursday night.

scottietohottie
11-13-2015, 12:22 PM
Bump. 9am wday check out Karson for yourself. I'll be there. No matter what happens today it's been one hell of a season for his entire team.

BisManBison
11-13-2015, 12:41 PM
Bump. 9am wday check out Karson for yourself. I'll be there. No matter what happens today it's been one hell of a season for his entire team.

Will today's games be streamed anywhere?

BisonFan02
11-13-2015, 01:06 PM

wday.com should have the stream.

bri-dog
11-13-2015, 02:01 PM

Here:

http://www.inforum.com/live-video/3880736

natstar1
11-13-2015, 03:52 PM
He is a physical beast playing 9 man football, but he's kind of frustrating to watch. He blocks for 2 seconds and then turns to see what is going on every play.

tjbison
11-13-2015, 04:18 PM
He is a physical beast playing 9 man football, but he's kind of frustrating to watch. He blocks for 2 seconds and then turns to see what is going on every play.

Has some work to do for sure

KilldeerBison
11-13-2015, 04:34 PM
First time I've seen him play. I'm impressed with his physical play, he seems to play with an attitude. I think he will fit right in the Bison OL.

IzzyFlexion
11-14-2015, 12:29 PM
I couldn't believe they have/had him at center........

They certainly must have had someone else who could snap the ball.

His talent is not even close to being maximized nor could much development occur without him at guard.

Without trying to sound critical, (but I guess I am), I didn't see him block to the whistle much if at all.

natstar1
11-14-2015, 12:56 PM
They have a college football team in Bottineau? Pretty sure the Jacks did not have a team when I was growing up.

They've maybe only had a team the last ~5 years or so.

bruinbison
11-24-2015, 07:26 PM
Karson Schoening named as an OL to 1st team ND All-State (9 man)

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3889049-nd-9-man-football-all-state-team

NorthernBison
02-17-2016, 05:20 PM
Karson is back playing basketball after getting cleared to play. He had 9 points in a loss last night to Benson County (Go figure). They play Thursday at Midkota and District Tournament play starts next Friday (26th) in Dunseith.

THEsocalledfan
02-17-2016, 09:38 PM
Karson is back playing basketball after getting cleared to play. He had 9 points in a loss last night to Benson County (Go figure). They play Thursday at Midkota and District Tournament play starts next Friday (26th) in Dunseith.

Districts in Dunseith? Please tell me it has been redone as even our gym in Rolette was better which is an insult.

NorthernBison
02-17-2016, 10:02 PM
Districts in Dunseith? Please tell me it has been redone as even our gym in Rolette was better which is an insult.

Not sure how old it is. Their gym is huge. Probably seats 2,000 or more. It's very nice.

District 8 has 3 facilities capable of hosting. Dunseith, Langdon, and Rolla. Langdon has the best overall mix when you consider the court plus fan amenities.

The drive to Dunseith sucks balls. Heavy traffic and 55mph between Rolla and past the Casino. Nobody speeds either which tells you something.

thundarsdaddy
05-25-2016, 01:18 AM
Got to watch Karson Schoening pitch last night for the baseball coop of Rolla-Rolette-Rock Lake? Karson showed a lot of athletic ability moving off the mound to make plays. He has very quick feet and moves well, moreso than I thought he would for a guy his size...watching these future Bison just gets more fun every year!