PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Season Tickets

56BISON73
06-14-2015, 10:50 PM
What are the costs of MBB and WBB season tickets?

roadwarrior
06-14-2015, 11:30 PM
Last season it was $178 for the men's games and $75 for the women's games. There were two women's games held at Scheels Arena as double headers with the men's games.

tjbison
06-14-2015, 11:59 PM
I filled out a form on go bison they had for anyone interested in season tickets, they said they would mail a packet out sometime in July I believe

I see it's still up, fill it out they will mail you information

Tatanka
06-15-2015, 12:02 AM
Last season it was $178 for the men's games and $75 for the women's games. There were two women's games held at Scheels Arena as double headers with the men's games.

Absolute steals by the way.

roadwarrior
06-15-2015, 12:25 AM

And if Scheels Arena didn't have a per head cost in each ticket, it would be even less expensive.

Tatanka
06-15-2015, 01:19 AM
And if Scheels Arena didn't have a per head cost in each ticket, it would be even less expensive.

I suspect ticket prices will remain the same (or go a bit higher) when they return to the SHAC... either way will be a nice boost to NDSUs coffers...

56BISON73
06-15-2015, 01:24 AM

Since it looks like we may be moving closer to the Fargo area I figured now would be a good time to buy them.

Tatanka
06-15-2015, 01:25 AM
Since it looks like we may be moving closer to the Fargo area I figured now would be a good time to buy them.

May be, hell. Better be.

56BISON73
06-15-2015, 01:28 AM
May be, hell. Better be.

Just have to get through the home inspection and appraisal. If all goes well we close July 31.

thundarsdaddy
06-15-2015, 03:44 PM

Agreed!!!!

BisonNation11
06-15-2015, 04:23 PM
Get them now before it's too late (Plus I believe previous season ticket holders will get first dibs on seats at the SHAC when that opens. That's how it should be anyway). The extra priority points are a nice bonus. Don't want anybody coming back in 5 years wishing they could get in the building after some great basketball seasons and not being able to. :biggrin: This applies to TSCF as well :biggrin:

Mr Meaty
06-15-2015, 05:44 PM
Get them now before it's too late (Plus I believe previous season ticket holders will get first dibs on seats at the SHAC when that opens. That's how it should be anyway). The extra priority points are a nice bonus. Don't want anybody coming back in 5 years wishing they could get in the building after some great basketball seasons and not being able to. :biggrin: This applies to TSCF as well :biggrin:

I see what you did there. :biggrin:

NDSUFan_Sav
06-15-2015, 05:48 PM
Just have to get through the home inspection and appraisal. If all goes well we close July 31.
Finally sold er?

56BISON73
06-15-2015, 06:26 PM
Finally sold er?

The house is now under contract. Had the termite inspection today. All is good there. Now all that is left is the house inspection and appraisal. July 31st is the closing date.

Talked to Josh about season tickets today and the information should be out sometime this month.

El_Chapo
06-15-2015, 06:46 PM
56bison73. You bandwagoner. Some of us have had basketball season tickets for year s lemme guess you think you should get better seats then us ?

bisonfanette
06-15-2015, 08:13 PM
Get them now before it's too late (Plus I believe previous season ticket holders will get first dibs on seats at the SHAC when that opens. That's how it should be anyway). The extra priority points are a nice bonus.

As you know, previous season ticket holders had first dibs on seating in the Scheels Arena... and then they went by priority points. Idk if it will go that way when the SHAC opens... or if they will strictly go by priority points. (?)

BisonNation11
06-15-2015, 08:38 PM
As you know, previous season ticket holders had first dibs on seating in the Scheels Arena... and then they went by priority points. Idk if it will go that way when the SHAC opens... or if they will strictly go by priority points. (?)

Not that I have been a season ticket holder for long (a whole year) but I certainly hope they give out seating dibs to those who have been there the longest and on down, then by priority points. I would be passed up quite easily if it went by a point system where a newcomer could come in with more points but never had season tickets. If anything, break into groups with season tickets and never previously had season tickets. Then use priority points within those groups starting with previous season ticket holders.

bisonaudit
06-15-2015, 08:46 PM
How'ed they do it when they moved to Scheels?

Hopefully there were lessons learned from both the FargoDome move back in the day and the temporary relocation to South Fargo.

Tatanka
06-15-2015, 08:50 PM
Not that I have been a season ticket holder for long (a whole year) but I certainly hope they give out seating dibs to those who have been there the longest and on down, then by priority points. I would be passed up quite easily if it went by a point system where a newcomer could come in with more points but never had season tickets. If anything, break into groups with season tickets and never previously had season tickets. Then use priority points within those groups starting with previous season ticket holders.

I'd bet that it's almost all done by points. It's teh next growth opportunity for TeamMakers.

bisonfanette
06-15-2015, 08:55 PM
I'd bet that it's almost all done by points. It's teh next growth opportunity for TeamMakers.

I tend to agree with you, and a year ago this is what I was told by the ticket office, but someone would have to ask again.

56BISON73
06-15-2015, 08:58 PM

Yes it will be by points. But people who have been season tickets holders cannot be bumped unless they dont want to pay the new fees and give up their seats. That was my understanding from a conversation with Josh.

Tatanka
06-15-2015, 09:00 PM
Yes it will be by points. But people who have been season tickets holders cannot be bumped unless they dont want to pay the new fees and give up their seats. That was my understanding from a conversation with Josh.

Why I said "almost". :D

Gully
06-15-2015, 09:16 PM
Yep, they would be crazy to not do it by priority points. If you're not going to use priority points for stuff like this, then why have them. I wish they would re-seat the dome by priority points but I know that would be unpopular with some. It's just such a mess right now.

1998braves64
06-15-2015, 09:17 PM
Wonder what new fees will be for the "premium" seats? I'm hoping I can add on 2 tickets this year. Then in move in year I'll take my 4 wherever just to be in the building as likely over the next 15+ years I'll be to busy with my kids activities and school stuff to make many games.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

BisonNation11
06-15-2015, 09:24 PM

I forgot about this stipulation. Eases my mind a little more knowing this. Still need to find a way to sneak some cash away from the wife and donate a lump sum to bump myself up. I wonder what I can find of hers to sell... :biggrin:

bisonfanette
06-15-2015, 09:50 PM
I forgot about this stipulation. Eases my mind a little more knowing this. Still need to find a way to sneak some cash away from the wife and donate a lump sum to bump myself up. I wonder what I can find of hers to sell... :biggrin:

You said that you were going to do this a few months ago!

56 ~ How do you propose to reseat me? :) I have points, but I'm a "railer!"

BisonNation11
06-15-2015, 09:59 PM

I spent the money on a house... :biggrin:

56BISON73
06-15-2015, 10:34 PM

You can keep those seats. :biggrin:

StL Bison Fan
06-16-2015, 12:04 AM
[/B]

You can keep those seats. :biggrin:

They are quite convenient for yor drinks, nachos, etc,etc,etc.

bisonfanette
06-16-2015, 02:21 AM
I spent the money on a house... :biggrin:

Imagine that! $$$ on a house rather than p.pts!!!
So then, hmm......... you can host a Bisonville house-warming party! PEOPLE WILL COME!
ALOT OF PEOPLE WILL COME!
Serve refreshments, (charge a bit over cost, & have a tip jar) give your profit to TM/Scholarship Fund...
and THERE YOU GO! If I were you, I'd do it a wk or two before ppl head out to Missoula!!!
I'll bring decorations... pom poms of course!

IBleedYellow
07-10-2015, 01:06 PM
We're in July and I've yet to get my season ticket information mailed to me.

Mr Meaty
07-10-2015, 01:34 PM
We're in July and I've yet to get my season ticket information mailed to me.

me either. hoping it comes soon.

tjbison
07-10-2015, 01:50 PM
me either. hoping it comes soon.

DITTO.......i filled out the request form again Monday

roadwarrior
07-10-2015, 02:11 PM
The renewals for 2015-16 haven't been mailed yet either. Not unusually late though.

IBleedYellow
07-10-2015, 02:25 PM
All I know is that if I can't get basketball season tickets the soon-to-be-wife will kill me...and she doesn't even like basketball that much!

BYZEN
07-10-2015, 02:46 PM
I just ran across last year's renewal form yesterday and got me thinking they were due. I'm going to guess that when the new ticket system goes online that we will get the order/renewal forms.
Sent from my Windows phone using Tapatalk

Bison"FANatic"
07-10-2015, 03:00 PM
I just ran across last year's renewal form yesterday and got me thinking they were due. I'm going to guess that when the new ticket system goes online that we will get the order/renewal forms.

They were due earlier than normal last year though as they had to reseat the Scheels arena. This year they may go back to them being due a few months later.

1998braves64
07-10-2015, 05:12 PM
They were due earlier than normal last year though as they had to reseat the Scheels arena. This year they may go back to them being due a few months later.

IIRC seems August mail out was normal in prior years was pretty typical, due at the end of September for payment. Last year was July with Sept 1st payment due. Which was for the reason stated above. This year might slip back to August again since will not be as much work involved.

BlueBisonRock
07-10-2015, 06:23 PM
All I know is that if I can't get basketball season tickets the soon-to-be-wife will kill me...and she doesn't even like basketball that much!

And to think... She is already looking for a reason.

Just sayin'.

:)

imabison
07-13-2015, 07:46 PM
I received my new ticket site email today, signed in and was able to renew men and Women's, no combo pack again, but probably since different sites for a year.

1998braves64
07-13-2015, 08:32 PM
I received my new ticket site email today, signed in and was able to renew men and Women's, no combo pack again, but probably since different sites for a year.

They had it last year. Not sure they label it as so... Just cheaper together than both individually cost face value. At least last year it was still that way. I didn't renew women's last year as we likely hardly ever make it to any.

Gully
08-01-2015, 12:30 PM
Does anyone know how many men's bb season tickets were sold last year? I think I'm going to buy two even though I'll get to two games a year (at most).

Gully
08-01-2015, 12:38 PM
I wonder how many season tickets they'll sell in the shac vs. student seats vs. single game?

NDSUFan_Sav
08-01-2015, 03:03 PM
When do they go on sale

Tatanka
08-01-2015, 03:17 PM
Mine are in my account and can be purchased now.
Sent from my online-only virtual dorm room.

BYZEN
08-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Mine are in my account and can be purchased now.

Sent from my online-only virtual dorm room.

Ditto...but want to add a couple more.

Tatanka
08-13-2015, 02:47 AM
Anyone else note the concerted effort to advertise basketball season tickets by the athletic department. Even going so far as to imply that the SHAC is going to sell out so getcherass to gobison.com and get you some season tickets.

It's got to be really nice to not have to burn budget on advertising for football :) The awesome part is they're finally starting to parlay that success into pumping up other sports.

HerdBot
08-13-2015, 03:33 AM
Anyone else note the concerted effort to advertise basketball season tickets by the athletic department. Even going so far as to imply that the SHAC is going to sell out so getcherass to gobison.com and get you some season tickets.

It's got to be really nice to not have to burn budget on advertising for football :) The awesome part is they're finally starting to parlay that success into pumping up other sports.

I've noticed. I remember a few years ago when someone on Bisonville questioned wasting huge bucks on permanent tickets go on sale billboards when it was obvious to everyone that we would sell out within a day. Now they do branding stuff and spend money in the Twin Cities and spend more on other sports. Props to ndsu for adjusting.

Mr Meaty
08-13-2015, 03:51 AM
I requested men's season tickets this year. My account has not been charged yet, I can assume they have not completed seat assignments yet? Any other new season ticket requests waiting?

NDSUFan_Sav
08-13-2015, 03:52 AM
I requested men's season tickets this year. My account has not been charged yet, I can assume they have not completed seat assignments yet? Any other new season ticket requests waiting?
They will contact in September with seat options

56BISON73
08-13-2015, 03:53 AM

According to Josh you have until the end of Aug to get requests in. I would assume it will be after that.

Mr Meaty
08-13-2015, 03:54 AM
They will contact in September with seat options

Ok so I just need to chill. Thank you

Kujava23
09-17-2015, 08:15 PM
Ok so I just need to chill. Thank you

Has anyone been contacted YET about Bison Basketball Season Tickets?

It's mid September and haven't received anything yet

EC8CH
09-17-2015, 08:47 PM

Nope, I've requested season tickets but have not been contacted yet.

Ferd
09-17-2015, 08:51 PM
Nope, I've requested season tickets but have not been contacted yet.

I received an invoice sometime ago with a September deadline to renew. I have not received the tickets yet.

Mr Meaty
09-17-2015, 08:59 PM
I have not been contacted yet either for being a new season ticket holder.

56BISON73
09-17-2015, 09:22 PM
I have not been contacted yet either for being a new season ticket holder.

You wont until all current season ticket holders are taken care of. Then they are supposed to call you with your options for seating according to priority points.

1998braves64
09-18-2015, 02:32 AM

Previous season ticket holder I haven't received my tickets yet, usually get them very late Sept/early Oct my guess is around that time they'll contact new requestees.

Trim
09-22-2015, 07:08 PM
I was called today about my seats. I moved two seats closer to roadwarrior, thank you very much.

Mr Meaty
09-22-2015, 07:12 PM
I was called today about my seats. I moved two seats closer to roadwarrior, thank you very much.

I hope I get the call as well.

Trim
09-22-2015, 07:32 PM
I hope I get the call as well.

Pretty sure I was called today due to someone else's request, our row was kind of screwed up last year. But hey, they're working on it.

THEsocalledfan
09-22-2015, 07:48 PM
Can I just make a quick comment here:

If you like NDSU basketball, buy season tickets now. I know it if a pain in the but to sell tickets you can't use, but trust me, it is a much better way to go as opposed to not getting tickets you want. I am speaking from experience......

If I lived in Fargo, I'd be all over this.

Bison"FANatic"
09-22-2015, 08:09 PM
If I lived in Fargo.

Is that not the same thing you said about not buying football as you were not in Fargo. Why not buy basketball tickets now so you don't have to complain in 3 years.

StL Bison Fan
09-22-2015, 08:53 PM
Pretty sure I was called today due to someone else's request, our row was kind of screwed up last year. But hey, they're working on it.
Who did you offend that they wanted to move?

BYZEN
09-22-2015, 09:13 PM

And so where did Road move to??? :biggrin:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01408/21JackNicholson_1408448i.jpg

THEsocalledfan
09-22-2015, 09:25 PM
Is that not the same thing you said about not buying football as you were not in Fargo. Why not buy basketball tickets now so you don't have to complain in 3 years.

No worry about basketball as I'd never come intentionally to Fargo just to see a game even though I love watching. I have only been to games in SD in the D1 era. Big difference for me.

I dropped the ball on football; feel free to keep putting salt in my wounds.

Bison"FANatic"
09-22-2015, 10:05 PM
No worry about basketball as I'd never come intentionally to Fargo just to see a game even though I love watching. I have only been to games in SD in the D1 era. Big difference for me.

I dropped the ball on football; feel free to keep putting salt in my wounds.
That makes sense. I can see a men's basketball ticket being hard to get but mid week games and tv will keep it accessible.

Kujava23
09-23-2015, 07:46 PM

I guess i have to "IM" patiently wait for a phone call

1998braves64
09-23-2015, 08:26 PM
I guess i have to "IM" patiently wait for a phone call

Another week?? Probably takes awhile to get all those situated who had season tickets and those higher on the priority point list...

56BISON73
09-29-2015, 12:23 AM
NDSU called us Friday the 25th with seat options. Season tix now ordered.

Mr Meaty
09-29-2015, 01:23 AM

Nothing for me yet

tjbison
09-29-2015, 01:26 AM
Nothing for me yet

must mean your not in the "cool" people section

:biggrin:

StL Bison Fan
09-29-2015, 01:37 AM

You sitting by that guy you sat with last year? What is the time on the big screen percentage of your seats?

56BISON73
09-29-2015, 01:42 AM
You sitting by that guy you sat with last year? What is the time on the big screen percentage of your seats?

I tried to get seats next to him but hes a pretty popular guy-family. There were no seats to be had. I had to take seats one section over.

Mr Meaty
09-29-2015, 02:15 AM
must mean your not in the "cool" people section

:biggrin:

Story of my life.

grizlandbisonfan
09-29-2015, 05:07 PM
I got the call this morning. Booked my 4 tix in one of the corner sections (best available to me). Can't wait for Bball season to start.

MAKBison
09-29-2015, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=grizlandbisonfan;1043951]I got the call this morning. Booked my 4 tix in one of the corner sections (best available to me). Can't wait for Bball season to start.[/QUOTE

Got mine this morning as well.

Mr Meaty
09-29-2015, 05:33 PM
I finally got my call as well. I am on the rail. Everybody gets reseated next year anyways based on PP points.

Bison Gal
09-29-2015, 05:39 PM
We got our call as well. Looking forward to bball season.....Go Bison!

StL Bison Fan
09-29-2015, 09:32 PM
I finally got my call as well. I am on the rail. Everybody gets reseated next year anyways based on PP points.

Best place to be. Love the rail!

MAKBison
09-29-2015, 09:49 PM

The key was just getting in this year so your guaranteed a seat next year.

THE SHAC holds about 1500 more than Scheels so even you have the lowest priority points you should be able to pick a good seat.

BTW is there any truth to the rumor NDSU will be capping the number of seats one can transfer over at 4????

Mr Meaty
09-29-2015, 10:39 PM
The key was just getting in this year so your guaranteed a seat next year.

THE SHAC holds about 1500 more than Scheels so even you have the lowest priority points you should be able to pick a good seat.

BTW is there any truth to the rumor NDSU will be capping the number of seats one can transfer over at 4????
Glad to be in the door. Not heard about the transfer deal.

GRAFTONBISON
09-30-2015, 02:20 AM
Got the call today as well. 4 in section 114. ��

MAKBison
09-30-2015, 03:49 AM
Glad to be in the door. Not heard about the transfer deal.

In a nut shell...............When the SHAC is complete, this years BB season ticket holders will get assigned seats first (in order of priority points). Then, after those folks have picked their seats, the remaining seats will be opened up to those who did not have season tickets this year. I assume priority points will be a factor for that as well. So yes, the good thing is getting in the door this year to guarantee that you have a spot in the SHAC next year. The SHAC will hold about 1,500 more than the SSA

Kujava23
09-30-2015, 07:37 PM
Got my TICKETS today---Section 115

BattleBorn
10-02-2015, 03:32 PM
Got mine in section 114! I know nothing about basketball, but I figure now is a great time to learn.

StL Bison Fan
10-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Got mine in section 114! I know nothing about basketball, but I figure now is a great time to learn.

Tall, quick guys. Put ball in basket for 2, big boy shots outside circle is 3, free throw is 1 point.
Beer and burgers in bar.
Now you know.

BattleBorn
10-02-2015, 04:19 PM
Tall, quick guys. Put ball in basket for 2, big boy shots outside circle is 3, free throw is 1 point.
Beer and burgers in bar.
Now you know.

There's BEER?!?

BisonNation11
10-02-2015, 04:23 PM
There's BEER?!?

In the bar only. Before games is mandatory, during games and halftime is your choice. Afterwards is nice sometimes as well.

StL Bison Fan
10-02-2015, 04:32 PM
There's BEER?!?

See. You now know everything you need to know.

CAS4127
10-02-2015, 05:01 PM
Can I still buy season tickets?

Sent from my iPhone.

BisonNation11
10-02-2015, 05:12 PM
Can I still buy season tickets?

Sent from my iPhone.

I wouldn't see why not. I highly doubt the place is sold out with season tickets.

CAS4127
10-02-2015, 05:36 PM
I wouldn't see why not. I highly doubt the place is sold out with season tickets.

I went to GoBison account and only option was single game tickets on 10/15 when they go on sale. I sent an email to "contact us" address. We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone.

Professor Chaos
10-16-2015, 05:44 PM
Season tickets arrived in the mail today for me.

EC8CH
10-16-2015, 05:59 PM

Same for me!

BYZEN
10-16-2015, 06:58 PM

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s31/Weever19/woo-hoo.jpg

roadwarrior
10-16-2015, 07:36 PM
I heard that there are over 800 new season tickets this year! That is huge.

56BISON73
10-16-2015, 07:38 PM
They were mailed on Wednesday.

56BISON73
10-16-2015, 07:40 PM

Nice chunk of change also.

EC8CH
10-16-2015, 08:11 PM

After the gutty performance by last years team making it back to the dance I basically felt it was my duty as a fan to support them by becoming a new season ticket holder.

Professor Chaos
10-16-2015, 08:27 PM
Getting priority for seats in the new BSA next year probably contributed quite a bit to new season ticket sales this year as well.

HerdBoy
10-16-2015, 08:33 PM

Newbie season ticket holder here. I went to a few games last year and had a blast. I got my tickets today too.

BYZEN
10-16-2015, 09:01 PM
Getting priority for seats in the new BSA next year probably contributed quite a bit to new season ticket sales this year as well.

Added two seats here.

Mr Meaty
10-16-2015, 09:19 PM
First timer here with two new seats. Had fun at last years games.

BisonNation11
10-16-2015, 09:41 PM

That's awesome! Did you happen to hear a total number of season tickets?

roadwarrior
10-16-2015, 09:43 PM
That's awesome! Did you happen to hear a total number of season tickets?

No. But my guess is the total was way below 3,000 last season.

CAS4127
10-17-2015, 12:27 AM
After the gutty performance by last years team making it back to the dance I basically felt it was my duty as a fan to support them by becoming a new season ticket holder.

Same here, and was able to secure two even after the fact. $360 and change or something. Pfft!! Cheap at twice the price compared to entertainment value!!

Sent from my iPhone.

IBleedYellow
10-24-2015, 09:53 PM
Got my season tickets in hand!

Second year being a Team Maker and first season of having season tickets! Hopefully a lifetime to go!

GRAFTONBISON
10-27-2015, 03:33 PM
First time season ticket holder for basketball with 4 as well. Really looking forward to it although the Wednesday games will be tough most of the time.

This program deserved the investment though!!