PDA

View Full Version : The Sports Network Great West Preview

kchats
08-19-2006, 02:22 AM
Good article on the Great West posted on the Sports Network today. A little writeup on each of the schools. Good information.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4036500.htm

broke_back_mnt
08-19-2006, 03:11 AM
Good work Mat. Thanks Kchats for the link.

His prognosis for the GWFC is kind of bleak, but real. Its biggest and possibly its only hope is spelled out clearly.

His placement of the BISON in third is realistic too. One thing you have to remember though, it doesn't matter how we do in the many out of conference games. To win the conference we have to win the conference games. That means beating UCD on the road and winning the home games. We could lose 2 and hope for a tie. Lose 1 and we probably control our own destiny.

sambini
08-19-2006, 05:09 AM
Great job and thanks KC+++++++++

Mr._Bill
08-19-2006, 03:56 PM
While it would nice to have an autobid, it is certainly not a requirement for the Great West to make the playoff (see 2005). *The Great West winner will consistently be ranked in the top 10 and will make the playoffs. *I am not in despair about being in a good conference without an autobid. *After last year and going forward, the GW will be consistently ranked as a top 1-4 Playoff Div. conferences and will have a team in the playoff. *Mark it down.

Winning the conference, however, will be extremely important in 2008 if the Bison want a playoff berth. *2nd Place in a small conference like the GW, even with a top 15 ranking (most likely) will not get the job done. *The A10, BSC, Gateway, etc . . . with more teams will get the 2nd teams in the playoffs. *You will have to win the GW to get in.

SDbison
08-20-2006, 02:34 AM
Cal Poly and UC Davis...........overrated. Cal Poly definitely loses to the Bison this year in the dome. If the Bison bring their A game on the road Davis will also get an L. Bison go 4-0 in the Great West. You heard it here first.

SloStang
08-20-2006, 05:52 AM
Cal Poly and UC Davis...........overrated. *Cal Poly definitely loses to the Bison this year in the dome. *If the Bison bring their A game on the road Davis will also get an L. *Bison go 4-0 in the Great West. *You heard it here first. *
Why do you think that Poly and Davis are overrated? Do you think they are overrated or NDSU is underrated?

mebison
08-21-2006, 12:44 PM
The Bison can beat anyone on their schedule with the possible exception of Minnesota

That's a pretty nice comment...sounds like he's even leaving an outside chance that we take Minnesota.

SDbison
08-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Cal Poly and UC Davis...........overrated. *Cal Poly definitely loses to the Bison this year in the dome. *If the Bison bring their A game on the road Davis will also get an L. *Bison go 4-0 in the Great West. *You heard it here first. *
Why do you think that Poly and Davis are overrated? *Do you think they are overrated or NDSU is underrated?
Both.
Not saying Poly is not a good team, but I think the blow out against NDSU last year was a fluke. If Poly decidedly beats NDSU in the dome this year then I was wrong. Actually I think the Davis game will be the tougher game since NDSU is on the road. Looking at all three teams pluses and minuses I think they are all closer in comparison overall than most think. How the football bounces (penalties, injuries, critical plays, etc.) and how these teams respond will be the deciding factor. Should be an exciting season. Good luck and may the best team win. Go Bison!

SloStang
08-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Why do you think that Poly and Davis are overrated? *Do you think they are overrated or NDSU is underrated?
Both. *
Not saying Poly is not a good team, but I think the blow out against NDSU last year was a fluke. *If Poly decidedly beats NDSU in the dome this year then I was wrong. *Actually I think the Davis game will be the tougher game since NDSU is on the road. *Looking at all three teams pluses and minuses I think *they are all closer in comparison overall than most think. *How the football bounces (penalties, injuries, critical plays, etc.) and how these teams respond will be the deciding factor. *Should be an exciting season. *Good luck and may the best team win. *Go Bison!
I think the Mustangs will have a tough time in the dome this year. Both Poly and NDSU are hard to beat at home and Cal Poly will be coming off two weeks on the road against San Diego State and Montana. If they are not physically beat, they will probably be mentally beat. I predicted over on AGS that NDSU beats Poly in the Dome and loses to Davis on the road. I also predicted Poly beats Davis at home and shares the championship with NDSU. I can not wait for the season to start. Good luck this season.

TransAmBison
08-22-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm glad we don't have to face Gocong this year. It should open up a few more things offensively.

mikelsch
08-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Sports Network Conference Rankings and Post-Season Predictions
http://netsports.footballworld.com/default.asp?c=footballworld&page=cfoot2/news/AGN4037868.htm

Great West is the #3 conference behind the Gateway and Atlantic 10
Appalachian State defeats Cal Poly in the championship game

rabidrabbit
08-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Both. *
Not saying Poly is not a good team, but I think the blow out against NDSU last year was a fluke. *If Poly decidedly beats NDSU in the dome this year then I was wrong. *Actually I think the Davis game will be the tougher game since NDSU is on the road. *Looking at all three teams pluses and minuses I think *they are all closer in comparison overall than most think. *How the football bounces (penalties, injuries, critical plays, etc.) and how these teams respond will be the deciding factor. *Should be an exciting season. *Good luck and may the best team win. *Go Bison!
I think the Mustangs will have a tough time in the dome this year. *Both Poly and NDSU are hard to beat at home and Cal Poly will be coming off two weeks on the road against San Diego State and Montana. *If they are not physically beat, they will probably be mentally beat. *I predicted over on AGS that NDSU beats Poly in the Dome and loses to Davis on the road. *I also predicted Poly beats Davis at home and shares the championship with NDSU. *I can not wait for the season to start. *Good luck this season.

This should be a fabulous year in the GWFC. I foresee NDSU @ 3-1, losing to UC-Davis. Cal Poly 3-1, losing to Bison in Fargo. UC-Davis, 2-2, losing to Poly & SDSU away both games. SDSU 2-2, losing to Poly, NDSU away. SUU 0-4, I don't see the T-Birds as being competitive in the GWFC this year.

NDSU, UCD, Poly hopefully will suffer no losses to I-AA OOC teams, and catch a soft I-A team for a win by Poly and NDSU on 9/23. Then into the major trenches battles that GWFC games generally are. Best of luck to the GWFC teams!!!

Scooter
08-28-2006, 09:34 PM
I think the Mustangs will have a tough time in the dome this year. *Both Poly and NDSU are hard to beat at home and Cal Poly will be coming off two weeks on the road against San Diego State and Montana. *If they are not physically beat, they will probably be mentally beat. *I predicted over on AGS that NDSU beats Poly in the Dome and loses to Davis on the road. *I also predicted Poly beats Davis at home and shares the championship with NDSU. *I can not wait for the season to start. *Good luck this season.

You have a point when you say that Cal Poly is going to have a tough time coming into this game. NDSU catches CP at the best possible time schedule wise. However, if CP comes into this game with wins against San Diego State and Montana, I may have to rethink my position on this game (a little NDSU payback at the expense of CP). Winning big games on the road can do wonders for the expectations of a football team. When you expect to win.... well, good things happen.