PDA

View Full Version : Neutral Site Games

North Side
06-01-2015, 03:53 AM
I know we get our every 5 year out of the country trip this year. That got me thinking why doesn't NDSU play a one time neutral site game away from Fargo in another location in North Dakota. I wouldn't mind doing a game like SDSU. Play a game at the Bismarck Civic Center or at Well at Williston State. Give people a chance in Bismarck to see Big Dex play or get some interest from the new oil workers in Williston that might not have ever seen in person what NDSU basketball is all about.

Hammersmith
06-01-2015, 04:15 AM
I know we get our every 5 year out of the country trip this year. That got me thinking why doesn't NDSU play a one time neutral site game away from Fargo in another location in North Dakota. I wouldn't mind doing a game like SDSU. Play a game at the Bismarck Civic Center or at Well at Williston State. Give people a chance in Bismarck to see Big Dex play or get some interest from the new oil workers in Williston that might not have ever seen in person what NDSU basketball is all about.

1. Every 4 years, not 5.
2. We can do tourneys in Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, and US territories every year(just can't do the same tourney within 4 years)
3. Home games are precious for us; they are extremely difficult to get. Giving one up to play in Bismarck or Williston would be a really hard sell.

ndsubison1
06-01-2015, 04:54 AM
id love a game at the bismarck civic center

Tatanka
06-01-2015, 12:12 PM
1. Every 4 years, not 5.
2. We can do tourneys in Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, and US territories every year(just can't do the same tourney within 4 years)
3. Home games are precious for us; they are extremely difficult to get. Giving one up to play in Bismarck or Williston would be a really hard sell.

I'd give up the Mayville State or similar exhibition game for this. I think it is a great idea. Don't disagree though that home games in general are at a premium.

tjbison
06-01-2015, 03:17 PM
meh...keep them playing in their home venue, it's not a traveling show like the globetrotters, they travel enough in the regular season, plus the expense is more as those places are nuts in cost to get to

just my opinion

Bison03
06-01-2015, 04:43 PM
I don't see this ever happening. I know there are a lot of home games, but giving one up would be losing a lot of money. Especially 2016 and beyond with the new arena. Does any other DI school do this?

Mr Meaty
06-01-2015, 04:49 PM
We need to worry more about good non conference games. Let's team up with horizon and rotate a home and home each year with their teams and the summit . That will help build a brand more than having a game in Williston. Sorry just my two cents. Plus I know I am right.

BYZEN
06-01-2015, 04:59 PM
I don't see this ever happening. I know there are a lot of home games, but giving one up would be losing a lot of money. Especially 2016 and beyond with the new arena. Does any other DI school do this?

I could have seen this happening in 14 and 15 when we are already having to pay for an off site facility. I wouldn't have minded the Mayville State pre season game.
How about we have this year's game with the Grand Forks Vocational Training School in Jamestown??? I would much rather drive 100 miles West than 70 North!