PDA

View Full Version : ROADWARRIOR'S LEGENDARY ATTENDANCE STREAK

Dakota
08-27-2006, 02:08 AM
HOW MANY IS IT ANYWAY???????????????????????????????????????????? ?

roadwarrior
08-27-2006, 02:45 AM

sambini
08-27-2006, 02:56 AM
YEARS++++++++++++

roadwarrior
08-27-2006, 03:02 AM
Thanks for adding that sambini ++++++
<=== the answer in games is right there.

Dakota
08-27-2006, 12:19 PM
A MAN AMONG MEN, A FORTRESS DEEP AND MIGHTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WYOBISONMAN
08-28-2006, 02:42 AM

I'll second that motion!

MinotBison
08-28-2006, 02:48 AM

I'll second that motion!

All in favor, signify by saying aye!!!!!!

coloradobison
08-28-2006, 04:02 AM
Aye! Which game are you making it to this year Minot?? I will be back for Homecoming!

BisonMav
08-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Aye!

MinotBison
08-28-2006, 03:03 PM
Aye! * Which game are you making it to this year Minot?? *I will be back for Homecoming!

Motion carried.

I'm not sure which game I'll be making it to. It would be fun to spend some time once again in the west parking lot having milk and cookies and meeting some of the posters on this board.

coloradobison
08-28-2006, 04:37 PM
I am bringing a minimum of 10 friends who dont make many games to game #290 for ROAD. We will be plenty rowdy and having a great time. 3 days until kickoff!

SirHinn
08-28-2006, 06:42 PM
I am bringing a minimum of 10 friends who dont make many games to game #290 for ROAD. We will be plenty rowdy and having a great time. 3 days until kickoff!

I'll take a free ticket anytime Mr. B!

coloradobison
08-28-2006, 06:49 PM

I'll take a free ticket anytime Mr. B!

Make that 11+

DORMIE
08-28-2006, 08:01 PM
There was a group of Bison fans who did a lot of traveling together in the early 80's. We only had one rule. Each person had to bring a case of beer. One game we brought along John Stark, Chad's dad. We were just outside Glyndon and he opend up my cooler, grabbed a beer and said " We'll it's got to be 11:00 somewhere.We always had enough beer for the fans. One year we took care of a couple of St. Cloud basketball players. In 1989 they gave the NDSU BISON BOOSTER OF THE YEAR award to 7 fans. The plaque lists the seven menbers of THE ROAD WARRIORS. That was the last time they gave out the award Go figure! It was a lot of fun getting Roadwarrior started on his run.

IowaBison
08-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Kudos, to Road for his streak.

But as of 7:01 pm Thursday, my six month old daughter will have not missed a Bison Football game in her entire life!

(That streak will be broken 24 days later as she sure as heck isn't going to Indiana, if I have any say in the matter!)

skypilot
08-28-2006, 08:24 PM
YOU DA MAN ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cadillac
08-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Kudos to you Road and we salute you ++++++++++++++++

MinotBison
08-28-2006, 10:56 PM
There was a group of Bison fans who did a lot of traveling together in the early 80's. *We only had one rule. *Each person had to bring a case of beer. *One game we brought along John Stark, Chad's dad. *We were just outside Glyndon and he opend up my cooler, grabbed a beer and said " We'll it's got to be 11:00 somewhere.We always had enough beer for the fans. *One year we took care of a couple of St. Cloud basketball players. *In 1989 they gave the NDSU BISON BOOSTER OF THE YEAR award to 7 fans. *The plaque lists the seven menbers of THE ROAD WARRIORS. *That was the last time they gave out the award Go figure! *It was a lot of fun getting Roadwarrior started on his run.

I thought the rule was that when you left on a road trip and cleared the Fargo city limits, you could start drinking when someone saw a tree.

Also, someone should ask Road to tell them about the rest stop north of Brookings.

Gamehunter
08-28-2006, 11:27 PM
Well, I'm just hoping to make all 11 games this fall. I can't imagine going 284+ in a row....wow...

roadwarrior
08-29-2006, 01:19 AM
DORMIE, i clearly remember that first time we picked you up for the trip to Marquette, MI for the opener in 83. What a great time we had back in the days....

broke_back_mnt
08-29-2006, 02:56 AM
My personal best was 8 or 9 a season in the old NCC. *Never got to UNC but heard every game on the radio I wasnt at. *Only missed 4 games at the FFD so far, but will miss Thursdays game and homecoming. *Been around a little and have seen a lot. *

NWMSU went down hard. *Best D2 win ever that wasnt a national championship. *

Montana, wasnt there. *Best radio game ever though. *Every year I pay homage at the hill where I heard it. * 8-)

TonkaBison
08-29-2006, 04:12 AM
I remember the Road Warriors from when I was in college back in the early 80's. How many miles are on that van anyhow? And for a second question how many speeding tickets? :P

DORMIE
08-29-2006, 01:03 PM
We almost got a speeding ticket once. We'd just won the conference in St. Cloud, had made many stops along the way, and even had 2 grad assistants with us. We were coming through Fergus Falls and were trying to make last call at Sports Bar and we got stopped. Highway Patrol officer asked " You guys been to a football game? How did you do?" Answer: We just won the conference and are trying to make last call! Officer was a Bison fan, didn't give us a ticket and told us to slow down and forget about last call. As Roadwarrior said "Those were some really fun times."

roadwarrior
08-29-2006, 09:51 PM
I remember the Road Warriors from when I was in college back in the early 80's. *How many miles are on that van anyhow? *And for a second question how many speeding tickets? * :P

Well there were three vans over the years. First the maroon one, then the silver one, and finally the custom "Thundering Herd" version. That van is still alive and kicking (way over 100,000) and I am sure the current owner will have it in the tailgating lot on thursday.

One speeding ticket in nebraska I believe, on the way back from greeley.

broke_back_mnt
08-29-2006, 10:09 PM
The Roadwarriors are a legend.

Who were the Zurahs, do I have that right? *They were kind of a secret organization that NDSU forced to disband because of hell raising I think.

somebison
08-29-2006, 10:48 PM
The Roadwarriors are a legend.

Who were the Zurahs, do I have that right? *They were kind of a secret organization that NDSU forced to disband because of hell raising I think.

Isn't it Rah-Jahs?

tony
08-29-2006, 11:31 PM
Hehe, I don't think the Rah Jahs (sp?) were a secret organization because I saw photos of them in an old NDSU yearbook. It looked like they were wearing lettermen-type jackets and fezzes (at least that's what I remember - it's been more than 15 years).

My mom and dad were at NDSU when the Rah Jahs were around - asked Ma about them right after finding them in the yearbook and I think she said they were forced to shut down or maybe even expelled. She may have used the word "obscene" to describe their actions and, quite frankly, the mind boggles at what kind of acts of wanton depravity would cause Ma to use that word as she's no shrinking violet. She didn't go into any details.

rocko
08-30-2006, 05:44 AM
Bring back the Rahjahs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!