PDA

View Full Version : Griz vs Bison

Pages : [1] 2 3

Grizaddict
05-13-2015, 06:58 PM
Wanted to post as a rational Griz fan (okay stop laughing, we do exist) about the big upcoming game. Should hopefully be a great game and I know it will be a great environment. The majority of Griz fans (meaning the ones not on here talking smack) have a ton of respect for your program and are really looking forward to hosting the Bison and their fans in August. These same fans will treat Bison fans much like you guys treated us in Fargo, welcoming you to their tailgates and offering you beer and food.

Please don't let the few Griz clowns on your site talking smack represent our awesome fan base, just as I have been ignoring the few Bison fans on our board doing the same (you guys have some doozies as well). I had an awesome experience in Fargo last year and you will as well in Missoula.

First, you'll really like the game day experience, beginning with tailgating. The stadium is near a beautiful river with lost of green grass and trees. The tailgating spreads across all of this as you make your way to the stadium. You can stop at a number of tailgates just to meet other fans and grab drinks and food. If you're not comfortable jumping into one of those, there is a public tailgating area with beer and food available to purchase. You just get in line for beer tickets and then turn them in for the drink of your choice. It's a great, non threatening place to hang out. They do some of the live radio interviews there and there's usually a band, DJ, or live music.

You'll want to be in your seat about 20 mins before the start as they usually do something cool (flyover, sky divers, etc). Monte our mascot comes out and gets the place rocking too. Should be a loud, fun environment for sure. Knowledgeable fans just like you guys who know when to get loud and when to stay quiet.

As far as stuff around Missoula.....great rivers for fishing and floating, great outdoor activities, great golf courses. Glacier National Park worth the drive for sure. If you have kids along there is a cool outdoor water park in Missoula now that's popular. Best golf courses are on way in Anaconda (Old Works) or past Missoula up in Polson or Kalispell area (Eagle Bend or Buffalo Hills).

Sounds like it should be a good one. A new coach and up tempo offense for the Griz that will either click or take some time to work out some kinks vs a potent Bison offense with your Oline in tact and good stable of QB, RB, and receivers. Sounds like your defense took a bit of a hit and may take a game or two to get rolling. I think that will be the same for Griz O. So whoever gets going first should come out victorious. But win or lose, gonna be a great day and a great experience.

Come on out and enjoy the game, stadium, and Griz Nation!!!

Bisonator98
05-13-2015, 07:09 PM
Wanted to post as a rational Griz fan (okay stop laughing, we do exist) about the big upcoming game. Should hopefully be a great game and I know it will be a great environment. The majority of Griz fans (meaning the ones not on here talking smack) have a ton of respect for your program and are really looking forward to hosting the Bison and their fans in August. These same fans will treat Bison fans much like you guys treated us in Fargo, welcoming you to their tailgates and offering you beer and food.

Please don't let the few Griz clowns on your site talking smack represent our awesome fan base, just as I have been ignoring the few Bison fans on our board doing the same (you guys have some doozies as well). I had an awesome experience in Fargo last year and you will as well in Missoula.

First, you'll really like the game day experience, beginning with tailgating. The stadium is near a beautiful river with lost of green grass and trees. The tailgating spreads across all of this as you make your way to the stadium. You can stop at a number of tailgates just to meet other fans and grab drinks and food. If you're not comfortable jumping into one of those, there is a public tailgating area with beer and food available to purchase. You just get in line for beer tickets and then turn them in for the drink of your choice. It's a great, non threatening place to hang out. They do some of the live radio interviews there and there's usually a band, DJ, or live music.

You'll want to be in your seat about 20 mins before the start as they usually do something cool (flyover, sky divers, etc). Monte our mascot comes out and gets the place rocking too. Should be a loud, fun environment for sure. Knowledgeable fans just like you guys who know when to get loud and when to stay quiet.

As far as stuff around Missoula.....great rivers for fishing and floating, great outdoor activities, great golf courses. Glacier National Park worth the drive for sure. If you have kids along there is a cool outdoor water park in Missoula now that's popular. Best golf courses are on way in Anaconda (Old Works) or past Missoula up in Polson or Kalispell area (Eagle Bend or Buffalo Hills).

Sounds like it should be a good one. A new coach and up tempo offense for the Griz that will either click or take some time to work out some kinks vs a potent Bison offense with your Oline in tact and good stable of QB, RB, and receivers. Sounds like your defense took a bit of a hit and may take a game or two to get rolling. I think that will be the same for Griz O. So whoever gets going first should come out victorious. But win or lose, gonna be a great day and a great experience.

Thanks for stopping by and the info! Really looking forward to the game and the new season! Like you said it should be a good one and a great time.

What are your impressions of your new Coach? Did your defense change any from last year? Key players to watch for?

tony
05-13-2015, 07:11 PM

Griz fans have mostly been great visitors, and the one who wasn't had the "I'm batshit crazy" excuse. He* did provide us with two entries in the Bisonville Dictionary though:

Pointed remarks, evisceration by (http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/dictionary/def000041.html)
Protoplasm, waste of (http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/dictionary/def000042.html)

* You may know him as griz1952.

Bison Loaf
05-13-2015, 07:15 PM
Griz fans have mostly been great visitors, and the one who wasn't had the "I'm batshit crazy" excuse. He did provide us with two entries in the Bisonville Dictionary though:

Pointed remarks, evisceration by (http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/dictionary/def000041.html)
Protoplasm, waste of (http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/dictionary/def000042.html)

We had a bunch of Griz fans stop into our tailgate last year. They were really top-shelf people!

MNLonghorn10
05-13-2015, 07:42 PM
Except for alpha. He was full of himself, tripped an old man who was wearing a bison hat, and stole a tshirt from thundars tshirt cannon away from a kid. Laughed while doing so

Tatanka
05-13-2015, 08:49 PM
Except for alpha. He was full of himself, tripped an old man who was wearing a bison hat, and stole a tshirt from thundars tshirt cannon away from a kid. Laughed while doing so

I thought I saw him kick a puppy on the way into the dome.

Grizaddict
05-13-2015, 09:06 PM
Thanks for stopping by and the info! Really looking forward to the game and the new season! Like you said it should be a good one and a great time.

What are your impressions of your new Coach? Did your defense change any from last year? Key players to watch for?

The majority of Griz fans, including myself, are pretty excited about Coach Stitt. He has an energetic, confident, no-nonsense attitude that I think we been lacking for a while. Griz went through a tough few years after all the sexual assaultt stuff, did a pretty good job of righting the ship with Coach Delaney, but now need to take it to the next level. Stitt cut 15 players after spring ball which ruffled a few feathers's but I am all for it. I think in order to win you have to have the best talent so he seems to get that as well. I think most folks are excited about his fast-paced, up-tempo, nonconventional offense. He averages about 90 plays per game compared to our 60 last year, so should be quite a bit different.

I'm all for a pro style run it down your throat offense when you have the hogs upfront to do that much like the Bison have had. Last year was like putting a square peg in a round hole as we just didn't have that offensive line personnel in my opinion. We are breaking in a new quarterback who's never really played much college football so that may be interesting. Came out of Billings with all the accolades and awards in high school but that doesn't always progress to the next level. He's a big guy much like Carson Wentz. Stands at 6'7and weighs 250 I want to say. Has a rocket of an arm but doesn't really run well. As for big threat receivers, we have two in Ellis Henderson and Jamal Jones. Both of these guys are all big sky players and have had 1000 yard seasons and have potential to be all American. We lost a couple good running backs in Canada and Van, so we need to replace those guys. There are some good potential backs but we will have to wait and see. Offenseive line should be better with a year of experience under their belt but still relatively young. We do get a starter back who was in eligible last year for academic reasons named Schmaing.

Defensive side should be pretty strong again. We have all three starting linebackers back and they are all solid. We lost the Buck Buchanan runner-up in Wagemann at D-end. We also lost a strong presence in the middle, Tonga Takai. We do have a defensive end named Tyrone Holmes who will be solid. We have some folks returning in the secondary and some younger guys who looked really solid in spring.

It's one of those seasons where there are a lot of unknowns but a lot of excitement. Seems the talent is there to win the big sky but at the same time a person wouldn't be shocked if the Griz finished third or fourth, mainly because of a new coach and a new scheme and a learning curve. I truly think if the offense clicks right away and Coach Stitt gets them doing what he wants, the Griz will be heading toward very good things.

I know the bison will be tough as always. Like I said, we have a lot of respect for them and I'm just pumped for an awesome match up. I hope many of you can get out to Missoula for an awesome experience!

GetEmGriz
05-13-2015, 10:14 PM
The majority of Griz fans, including myself, are pretty excited about Coach Stitt. He has an energetic, confident, no-nonsense attitude that I think we been lacking for a while. Griz went through a tough few years after all the sexual assaultt stuff, did a pretty good job of righting the ship with Coach Delaney, but now need to take it to the next level. Stitt cut 15 players after spring ball which ruffled a few feathers's but I am all for it. I think in order to win you have to have the best talent so he seems to get that as well. I think most folks are excited about his fast-paced, up-tempo, nonconventional offense. He averages about 90 plays per game compared to our 60 last year, so should be quite a bit different.

I'm all for a pro style run it down your throat offense when you have the hogs upfront to do that much like the Bison have had. Last year was like putting a square peg in a round hole as we just didn't have that offensive line personnel in my opinion. We are breaking in a new quarterback who's never really played much college football so that may be interesting. Came out of Billings with all the accolades and awards in high school but that doesn't always progress to the next level. He's a big guy much like Carson Wentz. Stands at 6'7and weighs 250 I want to say. Has a rocket of an arm but doesn't really run well. As for big threat receivers, we have two in Ellis Henderson and Jamal Jones. Both of these guys are all big sky players and have had 1000 yard seasons and have potential to be all American. We lost a couple good running backs in Canada and Van, so we need to replace those guys. There are some good potential backs but we will have to wait and see. Offenseive line should be better with a year of experience under their belt but still relatively young. We do get a starter back who was in eligible last year for academic reasons named Schmaing.

Defensive side should be pretty strong again. We have all three starting linebackers back and they are all solid. We lost the Buck Buchanan runner-up in Wagemann at D-end. We also lost a strong presence in the middle, Tonga Takai. We do have a defensive end named Tyrone Holmes who will be solid. We have some folks returning in the secondary and some younger guys who looked really solid in spring.

It's one of those seasons where there are a lot of unknowns but a lot of excitement. Seems the talent is there to win the big sky but at the same time a person wouldn't be shocked if the Griz finished third or fourth, mainly because of a new coach and a new scheme and a learning curve. I truly think if the offense clicks right away and Coach Stitt gets them doing what he wants, the Griz will be heading toward very good things.

I know the bison will be tough as always. Like I said, we have a lot of respect for them and I'm just pumped for an awesome match up. I hope many of you can get out to Missoula for an awesome experience!

Excellent post, Grizaddict! Montana will hopefully be back at the top again in no time. It's going to be a great game against NDSU on the 29th. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Montana and NDSU have a home and home every year.

BYZEN
05-13-2015, 10:19 PM
Excellent post, Grizaddict! Montana will hopefully be back at the top again in no time. It's going to be a great game against NDSU on the 29th. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Montana and NDSU have a home and home every year.

I would mind, you guy's are cutting into our FBS schedule! :biggrin:

17>1
05-13-2015, 10:24 PM

For not having an FBS game this year, I'm pretty pleased with this game as a replacement. Should make for a great game and a great mini vacation in a beautiful part of the country.

Bison Loaf
05-13-2015, 10:26 PM
Sorry, but we've already set a precedent for Big Sky opponents to sign away/away agreements with us. :hide:

westnodak93bison
05-13-2015, 10:36 PM
While drinking coffee?

BisonHorns
05-14-2015, 02:01 AM
I used to read egriz quite often because of the actual intelligent football talk which can be hard to find sometimes. Lately I stay away because this game has made for some ugly stuff over there in the Can we beat NDSU thread. It is good to have you bring the goods ovèr here. Can't wait to watch this game and see what the new year brings.

CentennialBison
05-14-2015, 02:14 AM

What is word on the street? No FBS team wants to play us anymore? Not even a top SEC, PAC 12?

tjbison
05-14-2015, 02:16 AM
I used to read egriz quite often because of the actual intelligent football talk which can be hard to find sometimes. Lately I stay away because this game has made for some ugly stuff over there in the Can we beat NDSU thread. It is good to have you bring the goods ovèr here. Can't wait to watch this game and see what the new year brings.

I doubt NDSU fans are innocent over there......sure we have plenty holding up the asshole flag for us

MNLonghorn10
05-14-2015, 02:27 AM
While drinking coffee?

Believe it was a starbucks

Grizaddict
05-14-2015, 03:33 AM
Griz fans have mostly been great visitors, and the one who wasn't had the "I'm batshit crazy" excuse. He* did provide us with two entries in the Bisonville Dictionary though:

* You may know him as griz1952.

Ohhhhh yes! Sorry about that one. We don't really claim him as he seems a bit off his rocker :)

tjbison
05-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Ohhhhh yes! Sorry about that one. We don't really claim him as he seems a bit off his rocker :)

seems???

I believe several here can confirm this as they were there first hand for his interview to the nut house

Herd80
05-14-2015, 01:52 PM

Not sure that you need to apologize. I've been over to Egriz and it appears that our former-resident-member asshat has invaded your site too. I hope your folks don't take his spewings as representative of our fan base, although it appears too late to avoid.

tjbison
05-14-2015, 02:06 PM
Not sure that you need to apologize. I've been over to Egriz and it appears that our former-resident-member asshat has invaded your site too. I hope your folks don't take his spewings as representative of our fan base, although it appears too late to avoid.

:facepalm2:

really?? i figured so...

GetEmGriz
05-14-2015, 02:07 PM

Would that be "bisonation" by chance?

BisonNation11
05-14-2015, 02:08 PM
:facepalm2:

really?? i figured so...

I bet if you checked the Iowa board, he's probably already there as well...

Grizaddict
05-14-2015, 09:05 PM

Someone over there warned us of an infamous "LakesBison". I'm guessing this is who you are referring to? Yes he doesn't help your fan base, just as many Griz fans hurt ours. Gotta take em with a grain of salt. I think our fan bases are similar.....large, passionate, invested, knowledgable, all in....95% of our fan bases are this type, it's the 5% of ass hats who give us all a bad name. Every board has them. I will not judge Bison fans from my experience with him or a few others. I'll go off my own experience in Fargo last year. A great time.

tjbison
05-15-2015, 12:37 AM
Someone over there warned us of an infamous "LakesBison". I'm guessing this is who you are referring to? Yes he doesn't help your fan base, just as many Griz fans hurt ours. Gotta take em with a grain of salt. I think our fan bases are similar.....large, passionate, invested, knowledgable, all in....95% of our fan bases are this type, it's the 5% of ass hats who give us all a bad name. Every board has them. I will not judge Bison fans from my experience with him or a few others. I'll go off my own experience in Fargo last year. A great time.

Invested.....not all just some, want to clarify that

And some of the most opinionated are not invested just fans

Grizaddict
05-19-2015, 03:37 AM
How many bison fans are planning on heading to Missoula that weekend? Are you only going if you get a ticket? Gonna be a tough ticket to get no doubt. Sometimes you can risk it and count on a few people selling them outside the stadium but this one may not have that luxury. If worse comes to worse, come out and tailgate and then grab a radio, bring some binoculars, climb the Big M (mount sentinel) trail overlooking the stadium and set up shop there. Not the worse place to be. That way you can still experience the game atmosphere and party before, after, or all weekend.

tjbison
05-19-2015, 04:14 AM
How many bison fans are planning on heading to Missoula that weekend? Are you only going if you get a ticket? Gonna be a tough ticket to get no doubt. Sometimes you can risk it and count on a few people selling them outside the stadium but this one may not have that luxury. If worse comes to worse, come out and tailgate and then grab a radio, bring some binoculars, climb the Big M (mount sentinel) trail overlooking the stadium and set up shop there. Not the worse place to be. That way you can still experience the game atmosphere and party before, after, or all weekend.

I not going, not even trying...it's on TV going to have a party at the lake with 50+ other bison fans and call it good...If it was a normal fobs or fax team we could get tickets to I would be there...pretty much the same scenario for us as griz fans last year

ndsubison1
05-19-2015, 05:29 AM

Theyre just resorting to fat jokes. That's all teams have left since nobody in FCS can dethrone us.

Hammersmith
05-19-2015, 12:32 PM
Theyre just resorting to fat jokes. That's all teams have left since nobody in FCS can dethrone us.

Yeah, CDA's shtick was a lot funnier last year. The fat jokes are just sad by comparison.

westnodak93bison
05-31-2015, 02:53 AM
When was the last time we lost to the Griz if ever? Probably had to be before the 1969/Camelia Bowl?

Bisonguy
05-31-2015, 03:00 AM
When was the last time we lost to the Griz if ever? Probably had to be before the 1969/Camelia Bowl?

1941 was the last Griz victory in the series. NDSU leads 4-3.

westnodak93bison
05-31-2015, 03:02 AM
Yeah and our studs were probably fighting in ww2

Bisonator98
05-31-2015, 03:20 AM

Seems weird that we've only played 7 times. Why weren't there more games between us back in the college division years?

Bisonguy
05-31-2015, 02:01 PM
Seems weird that we've only played 7 times. Why weren't there more games between us back in the college division years?

NDSU played Montana State much more frequently(34 games).

And remember, just because Montana borders North Dakota doesn't make it close. Indianapolis is closer to Fargo than Missoula.

Tatanka
05-31-2015, 02:48 PM

And remember, just because Montana borders North Dakota doesn't make it close. Indianapolis is closer to Fargo than Missoula.

Yyyyep. Just ask our island-dwelling neighbors to the north...

Bisonator98
05-31-2015, 03:14 PM

I realize that but considering how few schools there are in their region you would have thought we would have played more then a handful of games over all those years.

KilldeerBison
05-31-2015, 03:22 PM
Yyyyep. Just ask our island-dwelling neighbors to the north...

But, that island has one distinct advantage, the monkeys have wings. However, once airborne, they tend to crash/burn upon landing. They are badlanders.

Tatanka
05-31-2015, 05:48 PM
But, that island has one distinct advantage, the monkeys have wings. However, once airborne, they tend to crash/burn upon landing. They are badlanders.

Quoted for truth.

HerdBot
05-31-2015, 07:47 PM
As always I'm looking forward to the game. WheN we moved up to D1, Montana was the measuring stick. Lots of respect for the team and program. Outside of a few delusional posters, pretty respectful fan base too. I expect a close game and a 3 point Bison win

TbonZach
05-31-2015, 08:59 PM

Boooo!!! Terrible pun!

I like it!

CentennialBison
05-31-2015, 11:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/user/orediggersfootball/videos

CO school of mines you tube channel. If someone wants to see what O he is running.

td577
06-01-2015, 01:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/user/orediggersfootball/videos

CO school of mines you tube channel. If someone wants to see what O he is running.

I know the videos are only filled with successful plays, but the CO school of mimes seemed pretty good. Tackled well, good QB who could throw and run, and receivers who could catch. The receivers all seemed lankiy with good hands that went down as soon as they were touched, but they were capable of fighting for the ball. They looked like they would be an interesting team to follow.

If Montana is going to go with those quick hit slants and back shoulder fade routes, they better have receivers willing to be physical. We might lose a little edge quickness with graduation but I do think we bring in some heavy hitters and corners who don't mind fighting for the ball. When we get anyone in a game where they have to make absolutely perfect passes or have a receiver worrying about footsteps, the game is half over.

CAS4127
06-01-2015, 03:45 AM
I know the videos are only filled with successful plays, but the CO school of mimes seemed pretty good. Tackled well, good QB who could throw and run, and receivers who could catch. The receivers all seemed lankiy with good hands that went down as soon as they were touched, but they were capable of fighting for the ball. They looked like they would be an interesting team to follow.

If Montana is going to go with those quick hit slants and back shoulder fade routes, they better have receivers willing to be physical. We might lose a little edge quickness with graduation but I do think we bring in some heavy hitters and corners who don't mind fighting for the ball. When we get anyone in a game where they have to make absolutely perfect passes or have a receiver worrying about footsteps, the game is half over.

The game is already over. CSOM looks better than MT. MT won't be able to run that offense against us--more so that they won't have it down than us defending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueHawkAlumni
06-01-2015, 04:13 AM
Without having the recruits he wants this offense means nothing. When it is filled with the athlete desired at each position it still means little. Disciplined defenses do well regardless the flavor of the opposing offense.

ALPHAGRIZ1
06-02-2015, 05:17 PM
You nailed it.

It doesnt matter what offense or defense you run, if you are disciplined and have the players to make plays you can be incredibly hard to beat. Its all about consistency and execution. If you execute plays you are going to win more often than not.

Way to many people get caught up in gimmicky BS, making plays wins games.

tjbison
06-02-2015, 05:28 PM
You nailed it.

It doesnt matter what offense or defense you run, if you are disciplined and have the players to make plays you can be incredibly hard to beat. Its all about consistency and execution. If you execute plays you are going to win more often than not.

Way to many people get caught up in gimmicky BS, making plays wins games.

NDSU has a motto

"Win the next Play"

words to live by on the field

ALPHAGRIZ1
06-05-2015, 03:40 AM
Dont tell that to most Griz fans, they are too busy making up excuses for the field conditions back in the 2004 NC game.................................

CentennialBison
06-05-2015, 04:19 PM
Stitt really doesn't have a "style" of play. I would compare what he runs to Indiana State, Illinois State and WIU in the valley. If there are a few quick 3 and outs Montana might lose badly, if they can move the ball then the game could be closer.

tony
06-05-2015, 04:39 PM
Dont tell that to most Griz fans, they are too busy making up excuses for the field conditions back in the 2004 NC game.................................

Well, that *was* an incredibly crappy field. It was like Frisco in 2013 Championship except wet, iirc.

BTW, when it comes to bitching about playoff field conditions, we're no slouch either. Delta State. 2000. Kitty Litter. :) (although I prefer to bitch about D2 giving them the home field in the semifinal game - the field was just an insult added to an injustice.)

Tatanka
06-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Well, that *was* an incredibly crappy field. It was like Frisco in 2013 Championship except wet, iirc.

BTW, when it comes to bitching about playoff field conditions, we're no slouch either. Delta State. 2000. Kitty Litter. :) (although I prefer to bitch about D2 giving them the home field in the semifinal game - the field was just an insult added to an injustice.)

TMWTFN sure didn't help on that one.

17>1
06-05-2015, 11:07 PM
85 days! Can't wait!!

tjbison
06-19-2015, 04:14 PM
Took a cruise to egriz to read the thread about the game........wow

What a shit show........last time I'll check that again

tony
06-19-2015, 04:47 PM

Bisonation and 2011BisonAlumni... there are no words for how weak their sauce is. :smh:

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69230&start=300

BisonNation11
06-19-2015, 04:59 PM
Why? Why did I click the link? :facepalm:

tjbison
06-19-2015, 05:04 PM
Yeah embarrassing

BISONBRI
06-19-2015, 05:07 PM
Really used a picture from the One Herd on line shopping? Scheels adds with chicks in Bison Shirts were down? WOW!!! :facepalm:

GOB1SON
06-19-2015, 05:33 PM
https://afeatheradrift.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/montana.jpg

GOB1SON
06-19-2015, 05:35 PM
http://www.blackdogdualsport.com/jokes/resized/montanasatnightResized.jpg

ALPHAGRIZ1
06-19-2015, 09:01 PM

Agreed, circus freaks wouldnt touch that place. Which explains why Lakes is over there...........................

runtheoption
06-19-2015, 09:13 PM
Agreed, circus freaks wouldnt touch that place. Which explains why Lakes is over there...........................So, you are saying Lakes is not a circus freak. I agree...I think he is just a normal, run-of-the-mill freak like the rest of us.

ALPHAGRIZ1
06-19-2015, 09:14 PM
He's more carney-ish........small hands smells like cabbage

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tjbison
06-21-2015, 12:19 AM
Agreed, circus freaks wouldnt touch that place. Which explains why Lakes is over there...........................

Where would one go to discuss with rationale griz fans?

El_Chapo
06-21-2015, 12:51 AM
Why what's the problem tony? Griz fans call ndsu fat every post so we posted some cute girls and miss usa runner up and they still can't even beat us. Stupid goat herders

ALPHAGRIZ1
06-21-2015, 12:56 AM
www.maroonblood.com. not a lot of traffic right now but when others start threads the guys that talk football come out and contribute.

Give it a whirl it's nothing like the other place

tjbison
06-21-2015, 01:00 AM
www.maroonblood.com. not a lot of traffic right now but when others start threads the guys that talk football come out and contribute.

I'll take a look

scottietohottie
06-21-2015, 03:34 AM
Where would one go to discuss with rationale griz fans?

You've obviously never been to Montana.

southcliffbison
06-21-2015, 04:12 AM

I'm in. Tired off egriz. CDA is just soooooo clever.

MNLonghorn10
06-21-2015, 03:47 PM

FYI I charge by the day for using me on the top of your page. PM me and we can work out a payment plan.

ALPHAGRIZ1
06-21-2015, 05:19 PM
Doing shots with me should even it out.............I am not cheap

NDSUSR
06-22-2015, 03:38 AM
Doing shots with me should even it out.............I am not cheap

But you are easy.

17>1
06-23-2015, 11:38 PM
Most of the chatter leading up to this game has centered around the actual game or if anyone will even be getting tickets to the game. But what are people planning around the game as far as things to see and do out there? I know my Dad and I will be meeting up with some distant relatives in I believe Kalispell, and then making our way up to Glacier Nat Park. The only time I've been thru Glacier was on the train en route to Spokane for the EDub game. Probably going to camp for a few nights so if anyone knows some can't miss campgrounds in the area of Missoula and north of there, would appreciate any suggestions. Not into fly fishing at all, but maybe a canoe ride or something could be fun. Dad and I are usually up for tailgating as well (meaning we probably wont have a grill with so we might need some help with that) and chatting with fellow Bison fans that have also made the trek.

Gully
06-23-2015, 11:47 PM
microbrew Thursday, fly fishing Friday, bison party friday night, tailgating sat, game sat, victory party sat night!

17>1
06-23-2015, 11:56 PM
microbrew Thursday, fly fishing Friday, bison party friday night, tailgating sat, game sat, victory party sat night!

Is the Bison party on Friday an alumni event?

Gully
06-23-2015, 11:59 PM
Is the Bison party on Friday an alumni event?

An alumni association event, yes. Do you need to be a graduate of NDSU to attend....no.

17>1
06-24-2015, 12:00 AM
An alumni association event, yes. Do you need to be an alum of the school to attend....no.

Thanks, and sounds good to me.

HerdBoy
06-26-2015, 01:54 AM
http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/football/griz-expecting-record-crowd-for-ndsu-opener/article_7e0d0c7b-39d7-53de-aafc-deb6220239a1.html

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/tickets-for-griz-opener-vs-ndsu-likely-scarce/article_df58d40c-2669-55a2-9b1d-ce9d82c07f08.html

Tickets hard to find and record crowds expected at the game.

17>1
06-26-2015, 02:05 AM
http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/football/griz-expecting-record-crowd-for-ndsu-opener/article_7e0d0c7b-39d7-53de-aafc-deb6220239a1.html

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/tickets-for-griz-opener-vs-ndsu-likely-scarce/article_df58d40c-2669-55a2-9b1d-ce9d82c07f08.html

Tickets hard to find and record crowds expected at the game.

700 tickets to NDSU with only 500 allocated for fans. Think we'll see 1,000 Bison fans there?

BisonTeacher
06-26-2015, 02:50 AM
700 tickets to NDSU with only 500 allocated for fans. Think we'll see 1,000 Bison fans there?

If my math is correct..With a 4 ticket limit if your pp rank is higher than 125ish chances are you prob aint getting any tix from the allotment.

GFBison
06-26-2015, 03:06 AM
I thought I saw him kick a puppy on the way into the dome.

NO, NO! You are close he actually poisoned a blind man's dog and stoled his cane.

Tatanka
06-26-2015, 03:17 AM
NO, NO! You are close he actually poisoned a blind man's dog and stoled his cane.

What is a dog doing with a cane?

GFBison
06-26-2015, 03:22 AM
Good question. I wanted to ask that very question but I was to busy assisting the diabetic that Alpha force fed a candy cane.

Tatanka
06-26-2015, 04:02 AM
Bravo Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Sent from my online-only virtual dorm room.

bri-dog
06-26-2015, 01:52 PM
What is a dog doing with a cane?

It was a German Shepherd. They're cane eins.

Tatanka
06-26-2015, 02:08 PM

http://i.imgur.com/0UBgW.gif

tony
06-26-2015, 03:18 PM

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/524/18557186243_963d4312b7_o.gif

ALPHAGRIZ1
06-27-2015, 05:06 AM
Good question. I wanted to ask that very question but I was to busy assisting the diabetic that Alpha force fed a candy cane.
She wanted it

IzzyFlexion
06-30-2015, 04:11 AM

https://i.warosu.org/data/g/img/0458/62/1420005038994.jpg

westnodak93bison
07-01-2015, 02:20 AM
About 60 days to go time

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BisoninNWMN
07-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Bison cover the spread!!

Mr Meaty
07-01-2015, 02:20 PM
Bison cover the spread!!

:judges::judges::judges:

runtheoption
07-02-2015, 03:17 PM
It was a German Shepherd. They're cane eins.Jokes about Germans are the wurst.

ZHerd
07-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Jokes about Germans are the wurst.

Only a sauer kraut would think that

2011BisonAlumni
07-04-2015, 03:19 PM

You might want to rethink fly fishing around Missoula. Hoot owl restrictions are in place on the Bitterroot, Clark Fork, and Blackfoot. I called the Grizzly Hackle yesterday and they said the game and fish had told them unless they start receiving significant rain, this could continue for the rest of the summer and 24 hour restrictions would kick in next week.

If you have your heart set on fly fishing, I would start my trek to Missoula a few days early and take a detour south and fish the Big horn river by Fort Smith.

56BISON73
07-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Heres a little love note I received from our # 1 fan from Griz nation via another venue PM.

griz1952, on 02 Jul 2015 - 12:52 AM, said:

typical fan of your progam
gutless, arrogant,can only resort to name calling, real brave sitting in Arkansas. Big and brave on the internet, unlike me who will meet with your fans one on one, none of them ever will. You are all the same cowardly fucks; nothing more nothing less.

Must be off his meds again.

HerdBot
07-04-2015, 07:08 PM
Heres a little love note I received from our # 1 fan from Griz nation via another venue PM.

griz1952, on 02 Jul 2015 - 12:52 AM, said:

typical fan of your progam
gutless, arrogant,can only resort to name calling, real brave sitting in Arkansas. Big and brave on the internet, unlike me who will meet with your fans one on one, none of them ever will. You are all the same cowardly fucks; nothing more nothing less.

Must be off his meds again.

Isn't he the guy who called you a waste of protoplasm?

56BISON73
07-04-2015, 07:41 PM

One and the same.

HerdBot
07-04-2015, 08:04 PM
One and the same.
*for new Bisonville readers, there is a thread called PL is a waste of protoplasm if you don't know what this is about *

So he called YOU out when you had a direct confrontation with him? What a douche bag.

MNLonghorn10
07-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Who hasn't called him a waste of protoplasm?

56BISON73
07-04-2015, 08:35 PM
*for new Bisonville readers, there is a thread called PL is a waste of protoplasm if you don't know what this is about *

So he called YOU out when you had a direct confrontation with him? What a douche bag.

I was at another message board when he posted he usual anti NDSU rant. I simply asked if he had escaped. That was it. He then extrapolated that reply in to his PM. The guy is waaaaaay out there.

56BISON73
07-04-2015, 08:36 PM
Who hasn't called him a waste of protoplasm?

Yeah---hey wait---what?

Tatanka
07-04-2015, 08:58 PM
I was at another message board when he posted he usual anti NDSU rant. I simply asked if he had escaped. That was it. He then extrapolated that reply in to his PM. The guy is waaaaaay out there.

Should see if he's read this book: http://www.amazon.com/Missoula-Rape-Justice-System-College/dp/0385538731#productDescription_secondary_view_div_1 436043382317

I mean, has he had the book read to him. There but for...

westnodak93bison
07-04-2015, 11:29 PM
The guy wonders why nobody meets up with him? Sounds like a Unabomber type nut

BisonCardinal
07-05-2015, 02:16 PM
Keep thinking this guy is SiouxVolley's father.

El_Chapo
07-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Keep thinking this guy is SiouxVolley's father.

It's Hayduke. Sounds just like that crazy coot

BYZEN
07-05-2015, 04:20 PM
Every body just stop with these pointed remarks before someone looses an eye, (or gets eviscerated).

PURPLE!!!
Sent from my Windows phone using Tapatalk

Tatanka
07-05-2015, 05:05 PM
I have my iPad with, and I'm not afraid to use it.

BisonTeacher
07-05-2015, 06:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMo_HcRBnUY

KilldeerBison
07-05-2015, 07:24 PM
I recall, there is a gang of thugs, dressed in urban food court camouflage. They have a very unscrupulous reputation and can appear out of nowhere, whenever needed, to bring the smack. Anybody know how you can become a member of this elite unit?

bruinbison
07-09-2015, 07:53 PM
Only noticed one Griz on the pre-season AA team from STATS

On the 3rd team is
Kendrick Van Ackeren Montana LB Sr. 6-1 220
He was listed with 5 solo tackles and 8 assists against NDSU.

As a conference, the Big Fluffy has 15 players named, 2nd total behind the Missouri Valley's 17.
EWU and Idaho State with 3 each. Perhaps the Pre-Season Big Sky All-Conference picks will include lots more Griz.

Bisonator98
07-13-2015, 03:11 AM
Brent Mussberger will be doing the play by play?

gumby013
07-13-2015, 03:51 AM

That's what the Griz board is saying. He's from Montana.

BisonTeacher
07-13-2015, 03:54 AM

Lets hope they keep the cameras off players girlfriends. :rofl:

MNLonghorn10
07-13-2015, 04:36 AM
Im a fan of Mussberger and it'd be cool as shit if it happened.

Just dont let him get too sloshed in Missoula the night before and the morning of.

Christopher Moen
07-13-2015, 05:50 AM

This will only works if our own Izzy does color commentating with Brent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pj2zV5FdYU

ALPHAGRIZ1
07-13-2015, 09:23 PM

For what its worth you are my favorite protoplasm...............I think.

BlueBisonRock
07-14-2015, 01:46 AM
For what its worth you are my favorite protoplasm...............I think.

More evisceration?

HerdBoy
07-20-2015, 05:02 PM

40 days...

bruinbison
07-20-2015, 07:24 PM
Only noticed one Griz on the pre-season AA team from STATS

On the 3rd team is
Kendrick Van Ackeren Montana LB Sr. 6-1 220
He was listed with 5 solo tackles and 8 assists against NDSU.

As a conference, the Big Fluffy has 15 players named, 2nd total behind the Missouri Valley's 17.
EWU and Idaho State with 3 each. Perhaps the Pre-Season Big Sky All-Conference picks will include lots more Griz.

The Big Sky Preseason All-Conference Team was kinder to the Griz than the AA team.
4 players listed (only a 1st-team selected by the Big Sky)

- WR Jamaal Jones - 6' 1" 191 lbs - SR - Spanaway, Wash.
- Returns Ellis Henderson Jr. - 6' 0" 185 lbs - JR - Vancouver, Wash.
- OLB Kendrick Van Ackeren - 6' 1" 220 lbs - SR - Bellevue, Wash.
- ILB Jeremiah Kose - 6' 2" 230 lbs - SR - Oceanside, Calif.

Two All-Conference LB's to send after the Bison running game.....
Two All-Conference playmakers to challenge the Bison D

http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2015/7/17/FB_0717150714.aspx

westnodak93bison
07-21-2015, 02:30 AM
The Big Sky Preseason All-Conference Team was kinder to the Griz than the AA team.
4 players listed (only a 1st-team selected by the Big Sky)

- WR Jamaal Jones - 6' 1" 191 lbs - SR - Spanaway, Wash.
- Returns Ellis Henderson Jr. - 6' 0" 185 lbs - JR - Vancouver, Wash.
- OLB Kendrick Van Ackeren - 6' 1" 220 lbs - SR - Bellevue, Wash.
- ILB Jeremiah Kose - 6' 2" 230 lbs - SR - Oceanside, Calif.

Two All-Conference LB's to send after the Bison running game.....
Two All-Conference playmakers to challenge the Bison D

http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2015/7/17/FB_0717150714.aspx
They are from CA and WA. Remember upper Midwest tough > west coast/big sky fluff

bruinbison
07-21-2015, 05:13 PM
Montana State Dodgecats #1 in Big Sky Preseason football poll, edging Eastern Washington by 1 point.
Montana Griz tie Cal Poly for 3rd place in the poll.

Speaking of preseason football polls, with Terry V no longer covering the Jackrabbits, his replacement Matty Z,
has picked Illinois State as the preseason favorite on his Missouri Valley Football ballot.....:hide:

well, not that I agree with him, but the Bison do have 7 starters to replace on D, right?

Tatanka
07-21-2015, 05:41 PM
Montana State Dodgecats #1 in Big Sky Preseason football poll, edging Eastern Washington by 1 point.
Montana Griz tie Cal Poly for 3rd place in the poll.

Speaking of preseason football polls, with Terry V no longer covering the Jackrabbits, his replacement Matty Z,
has picked Illinois State as the preseason favorite on his Missouri Valley Football ballot.....:hide:

well, not that I agree with him, but the Bison do have 7 starters to replace on D, right?

Well he has one thing right.... Ain't gonna be the jacks.

MankatoBison
07-21-2015, 05:53 PM

Thanks for posting my friend! Can't wait to see the Montana gameday scene and to finally experience your beautiful stadium. LITERALLY a bucket list experience for me haha. Hopefully will be welcomed at a tailgate or two before the game! This is going to be so awesome haha

SDbison
07-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Thanks for posting my friend! Can't wait to see the Montana gameday scene and to finally experience your beautiful stadium. LITERALLY a bucket list experience for me haha. Hopefully will be welcomed at a tailgate or two before the game! This is going to be so awesome haha Have to agree, attending a football game in Missoula is a bucket list item for me. Over the past 30 years I have driven by, flown over and watched games on TV there.

GetEmGriz
07-21-2015, 08:12 PM
Thanks for posting my friend! Can't wait to see the Montana gameday scene and to finally experience your beautiful stadium. LITERALLY a bucket list experience for me haha. Hopefully will be welcomed at a tailgate or two before the game! This is going to be so awesome haha

You will be treated very well and will have a blast at the game. It'll be interesting to hear from those of you who are going to the game about what you think of the atmosphere. This game will probably be the craziest atmosphere we've ever had, most likely topping the 2009 playoff atmosphere against App State. There have been many people who are fans of FBS programs who've never attended a Griz game and then are blown away by the gameday atmosphere at Wa-Griz, saying they're surprised that Montana isn't an FBS program. Being that NDSU has a great atmosphere in the dome, it'll be cool to show y'all what we do in Missoula. Griz Nation and Bison Nation are by far the top fan bases in the FCS.

Bison03
07-21-2015, 08:26 PM
Griz Nation and Bison Nation are by far the top fan bases in the FCS.

This is a fact that we all can agree on. Wash Griz Stadium and the Dome are by far the loudest FCS stadiums. No other 2 fanbases follow their teams better, travel to see their team in the numbers they do, or have and respect their storied successfull football programs like Bison fans and Griz fans.

Bison 4 Life
07-21-2015, 08:37 PM
It better be a bucket list experience, I just shelled out $555 for a plane ticket. Whew!

MrSnuffleupagus
07-21-2015, 09:00 PM
This is a fact that we all can agree on. Wash Griz Stadium and the Dome are by far the loudest FCS stadiums. No other 2 fanbases follow their teams better, travel to see their team in the numbers they do, or have and respect their storied successfull football programs like Bison fans and Griz fans.

I can agree with that. However, If I remember correctly...not too many Grizzly fans at the Dome last year...

Bison03
07-21-2015, 09:20 PM
I can agree with that. However, If I remember correctly...not too many Grizzly fans at the Dome last year...
I think they used up all their allotment. With the few tickets hard to get as it is, you can't blame the fact that their weren't many more. If their was ever a Griz/Bison national championship game, that would be insane!! Almost happened in 2011.

THEsocalledfan
07-21-2015, 09:22 PM
It better be a bucket list experience, I just shelled out $555 for a plane ticket. Whew!

Plane tickets have been nuts. Thankfully for me, I think this flew under Delta's revenue based moves radar with their skypesos as I was able to get 12.5 K miles each way (Well over 2 cpm). Not sure how much longer I can pull off these kinds of stellar Delta redemptions which how they keep gutting the program.

SDbison
07-21-2015, 09:23 PM
I can agree with that. However, If I remember correctly...not too many Grizzly fans at the Dome last year... Not very many tickets were allotted to them either (only 500) and I think even fewer single game tickets were available to purchase thru ticket office or on secondary market.

SDbison
07-21-2015, 09:26 PM
Plane tickets have been nuts. Thankfully for me, I think this flew under Delta's revenue based moves radar with their skypesos as I was able to get 12.5 K miles each way (Well over 2 cpm). Not sure how much longer I can pull off these kinds of stellar Delta redemptions which how they keep gutting the program. Question is TSCF, will you be wearing Jackrabbit clothing or Bison clothing when you board the plane?

Bison 4 Life
07-21-2015, 09:26 PM
Plane tickets have been nuts. Thankfully for me, I think this flew under Delta's revenue based moves radar with their skypesos as I was able to get 12.5 K miles each way (Well over 2 cpm). Not sure how much longer I can pull off these kinds of stellar Delta redemptions which how they keep gutting the program.

I figured that would ring a bell for you. I never travel. I drove to a few Bison games since I'm in the middle of the country and it's easy but that's it. In fact, the last plane ride I was on was for the 2012 national championship game. My wife flies for work but she always goes Southwest because it's cheap and the university reimburses her. I can't tell you the next time I'll be on a plane.

I'll bet I tried 100 permutations with different airlines and travel sites trying to get one that worked for me price-wise. I finally gave up and bit the bullet on the fare.

MNLonghorn10
07-21-2015, 09:33 PM
Question is TSCF, will you be wearing Jackrabbit clothing or Bison clothing when you board the plane?

ha. score one for big SD

Tatanka
07-21-2015, 10:36 PM
Question is TSCF, will you be wearing Jackrabbit clothing or Bison clothing when you board the plane?

Bison clothing, zenner underoos

ZHerd
07-21-2015, 11:00 PM

Wouldn't Zenner sized undies be a bit tight and painful?

Bison"FANatic"
07-21-2015, 11:14 PM
Wouldn't Zenner sized undies be a bit tight and painful?

Size 4 is a bit tight.

ZHerd
07-21-2015, 11:24 PM
Size 4 is a bit tight.

That is Fruit of the Loom. Hanes labels in Furlongs

Rock
07-22-2015, 12:02 PM

Speaking of Bison clothing, could not find the thread with the Facebook pic of the green helmets NDSU may be wearing for this game but appears Dom Izzo may have further confirmed it with a tweet and NDSU equipment responded with a Corso meme "Not so fast my friend!"

https://twitter.com/domizzowday/status/623684740260888577

Then in the next tweet Dom takes it back stating no green helmets...

"Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right." -Ricky Gervais

westnodak93bison
07-22-2015, 01:39 PM
The more I think about this game the less excited I get. I may have a couple tickets for sale. I'll probably decide around mid August.

Mr Meaty
07-22-2015, 01:42 PM
The more I think about this game the less excited I get. I may have a couple tickets for sale. I'll probably decide around mid August.

I have a wedding reception in Fargo that night. I will be at BWW watching the game and then stumble over to the hotel where the reception is at.

Bison 4 Life
07-22-2015, 01:55 PM
I passed on a trip to Vegas for this. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Professor Chaos
07-22-2015, 01:58 PM

Why? Honestly, this game has me more excited than a G5 FBS team like Colorado St would. The opposing team and fan base will actually be geared up to play this game instead of the indifferent like Iowa St or Kansas St was. I'd assume there will be more friendly comradery in the tailgate areas before the game instead of snobbishness from the upper division fans. On top of that it's a beautiful stadium that is nicer and has a better atmosphere than most every G5 team in a beautiful area of the country.

The downside is travel, it's a hell of a drive and flying is at least one connection and expensive. I enjoy the FBS games too but to play a road game at a premier OOC FCS opponent is something new for NDSU football (whereas playing FBS games isn't) so I have a different kind of excitement for this game that easily trumps the excitement I'd have for a bottom feeding FBS team.

GetEmGriz
07-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Why? Honestly, this game has me more excited than a G5 FBS team like Colorado St would. The opposing team and fan base will actually be geared up to play this game instead of the indifferent like Iowa St or Kansas St was. I'd assume there will be more friendly comradery in the tailgate areas before the game instead of snobbishness from the upper division fans. On top of that it's a beautiful stadium that is nicer and has a better atmosphere than most every G5 team in a beautiful area of the country.

The downside is travel, it's a hell of a drive and flying is at least one connection and expensive. I enjoy the FBS games too but to play a road game at a premier OOC FCS opponent is something new for NDSU football (whereas playing FBS games isn't) so I have a different kind of excitement for this game that easily trumps the excitement I'd have for a bottom feeding FBS team.

Don't tell bisonation, a.k.a "LakesBison" this... All he thinks is that this game is a cupcake game equivalent to a D-II game and that Bison Nation is upset that they have to resort to playing Montana instead of playing an FBS team. I know that the guy is a troll and only represents 1% of the fanbase and that Bison fans are actually looking forward to this one as are Griz fans.

THEsocalledfan
07-22-2015, 03:17 PM
The downside is travel, it's a hell of a drive and flying is at least one connection and expensive.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?27290-Travel-Hacking

Problem solved.

westnodak93bison
07-22-2015, 07:31 PM
Don't tell bisonation, a.k.a "LakesBison" this... All he thinks is that this game is a cupcake game equivalent to a D-II game and that Bison Nation is upset that they have to resort to playing Montana instead of playing an FBS team. I know that the guy is a troll and only represents 1% of the fanbase and that Bison fans are actually looking forward to this one as are Griz fans.
Of course they are excited. We are helping them get exposure

GetEmGriz
07-22-2015, 07:51 PM
Of course they are excited. We are helping them get exposure

:bowdown: Oh thank you!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :rolleyes:

We've been on ESPN before, but keep thinking that if it makes you feel better.

56BISON73
07-22-2015, 08:27 PM

He says that on EVERY opposing teams message board.

Bison 4 Life
07-22-2015, 08:48 PM
I haven't looked as forward to a game outside of the Natty in years. I always liked the FBS games but this is going to be way better in terms of total experience.

MNLonghorn10
07-22-2015, 08:54 PM
He says that on EVERY opposing teams message board.

when has he been wrong? UNI Last year probably? before then?

56BISON73
07-22-2015, 10:47 PM
when has he been wrong? UNI Last year probably? before then?

"All he thinks is that this game is a cupcake game equivalent to a D-II game and that Bison Nation is upset that they have to resort to playing Montana instead of playing an FBS team.""

I don't see where he predicted the score. All he is doing is trolling and he says this on every opposing fan message board. So you are wrong as he is.

EC8CH
07-22-2015, 10:52 PM
What about the FCS teams that were supposed to be legitimate cupcakes that the Bison struggled to defeat? Weber State and Western Illinois just last year for instance.

ZHerd
07-22-2015, 11:05 PM
"All he thinks is that this game is a cupcake game equivalent to a D-II game and that Bison Nation is upset that they have to resort to playing Montana instead of playing an FBS team.""

I don't see where he predicted the score. All he is doing is trolling and he says this on every opposing fan message board. So you are wrong as he is.

Agreed, I wish, if he insists on trolling, that he would at least find a worthy cause. Montana is one of the best games on our schedule and the FBS replacement is UN_ which is an atrocious exchange.

loudsilverado
07-22-2015, 11:37 PM
I'm looking forward to the game, Lakes is acting pretty dumb on egriz.

bisonaudit
07-22-2015, 11:42 PM
I'm looking forward to the game, Lakes is acting pretty dumb on egriz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbPi00k_ME

westnodak93bison
07-22-2015, 11:50 PM
:bowdown: Oh thank you!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :rolleyes:

We've been on ESPN before, but keep thinking that if it makes you feel better.
Listen. I'm sorry to say beating the reigning big12 champs in Manhattan then bitch slapping Iowa State after losing one of the winningest senior classes in fbs history makes going to Missoula to face a middle of the fcs road team for the opener is not exactly an adrenaline rush. It is what it is. If you were in our shoes as a fan you would feel the same.

56BISON73
07-23-2015, 12:04 AM
Listen. I'm sorry to say beating the reigning big12 champs in Manhattan then bitch slapping Iowa State after losing one of the winningest senior classes in fbs history makes going to Missoula to face a middle of the fcs road team for the opener is not exactly an adrenaline rush. It is what it is. If you were in our shoes as a fan you would feel the same.

For such a supposed boring game there sure are a bunch of NDSU fans trying to find tickets.

westnodak93bison
07-23-2015, 12:05 AM
For such a supposed boring game there sure are a bunch of NDSU fans trying to find tickets.
Boring is relative to the schedule put before us by the football gods.

Bison 4 Life
07-23-2015, 12:06 AM

Hopefully he decides to not go soon. 12>1 needs tickets still.

Bisonator98
07-23-2015, 12:12 AM

Wow some of you sure are spoiled.:facepalm:

westnodak93bison
07-23-2015, 12:14 AM
Wow some of you sure are spoiled.:facepalm:
You don't agree? This ain't the Griz from 20yrs ago.

Bisonator98
07-23-2015, 12:16 AM
You don't agree? This ain't the Griz from 20yrs ago.

How do you know how good they are going to be?

I'm just excited for football to get started again!

westnodak93bison
07-23-2015, 12:20 AM
How do you know how good they are going to be?

I'm just excited for football to get started again!
Really? When is the last time a new coaching staff with a radically different approach on one side of the ball had immediate success?

MNLonghorn10
07-23-2015, 12:40 AM
Agreed with west nodaker.

This schedule is one of the worst since joining the mvfc

westnodak93bison
07-23-2015, 01:13 AM

Probably no fault of the ad or former ad. More so fbs scaredy-cats. Why no emoticon for scaredy-cats? That could be useful on bisonville.

ZHerd
07-23-2015, 01:32 AM

The MVC is what saves this schedule. Not having an FBS game (preferably P5) flat out stinks. I'm not sure how hard our AD attempted to schedule one thus I don't feel the right to rip into him, but I hope he is trying really hard to get something together for future seasons even if it means a west or east coast game. Ideally it will be someone we can compete with (Gene Taylor was a genius in that regard), but I'll happily take a ranked team over no one...UN_...baaarf

MNLonghorn10
07-23-2015, 01:33 AM
The MVC is what saves this schedule. Not having an FBS game (preferably P5) flat out stinks. I'm not sure how hard our AD attempted to schedule one thus I don't feel the right to rip into him, but I hope he is trying really hard to get something together for future seasons even if it means a west or east coast game. Ideally it will be someone we can compete with (Gene Taylor was a genius in that regard), but I'll happily take a ranked team over no one...UN_...baaarf

same. Guess we'll see what happens.

td577
07-23-2015, 01:54 AM

I have to think part of the issue was having the Montana game the first week. I am not sure when the game got moved to 8/29 but it was probably after the schedule was pretty much lined up. Then getting a FBS school in the second week would be fairly difficult as there are only a handful of FCS schools anywhere that the FBS is scheduling beyond their first game. On top of that, having the Montana game on the road, you want the two OOC games at home. We owed Montana there, so without a 12 game season, it was impossible to have a 6th home game. Then the last scenario is if you can schedule a FBS opponent, which would have been after you know the Montana games was moved to 8/29 so you could find someone willing to play on the 5th, you either buy out Weber or didn't schedule un_ and you are face with either the un_ game straddled with bye weeks on each side or two bye weeks straight going into un_ or three weeks off before the conference schedule. We don't need three weeks of practice for anyone on the schedule, let alone the 10th ranked team in the country. I mean the 10th ranked team from the bottom. (I am just guessing there, I didn't look it up.) Lastly, what schools are willing to schedule us anymore? The FBS schools that are desperate for games are willing to be fodder for other FBS schools and the ones who want a FCS warm up already have their FCS fodder picked out. We are only attractive to schools who know they aren't bowl bound, are close enough for us to boost attendance, and don't need the money going on the road to a better FBS program. No one wants to admit they are in that category, so they don't really want to talk to NDSU.

ZHerd
07-23-2015, 02:15 AM
I have to think part of the issue was having the Montana game the first week. I am not sure when the game got moved to 8/29 but it was probably after the schedule was pretty much lined up. Then getting a FBS school in the second week would be fairly difficult as there are only a handful of FCS schools anywhere that the FBS is scheduling beyond their first game. On top of that, having the Montana game on the road, you want the two OOC games at home. We owed Montana there, so without a 12 game season, it was impossible to have a 6th home game. Then the last scenario is if you can schedule a FBS opponent, which would have been after you know the Montana games was moved to 8/29 so you could find someone willing to play on the 5th, you either buy out Weber or didn't schedule un_ and you are face with either the un_ game straddled with bye weeks on each side or two bye weeks straight going into un_ or three weeks off before the conference schedule. We don't need three weeks of practice for anyone on the schedule, let alone the 10th ranked team in the country. I mean the 10th ranked team from the bottom. (I am just guessing there, I didn't look it up.) Lastly, what schools are willing to schedule us anymore? The FBS schools that are desperate for games are willing to be fodder for other FBS schools and the ones who want a FCS warm up already have their FCS fodder picked out. We are only attractive to schools who know they aren't bowl bound, are close enough for us to boost attendance, and don't need the money going on the road to a better FBS program. No one wants to admit they are in that category, so they don't really want to talk to NDSU.

Just give me a name, I can't vent on circumstances. In seriousness though, it's just hard to believe that there aren't ranked bowl bound teams that are not afraid to schedule us. I mean it's pretty cool if we are seriously that good to where we are untouchable...just hard to believe

tjbison
07-23-2015, 02:28 AM
Just give me a name, I can't vent on circumstances. In seriousness though, it's just hard to believe that there aren't ranked bowl bound teams that are not afraid to schedule us. I mean it's pretty cool if we are seriously that good to where we are untouchable...just hard to believe
The afraid argument is fan talk only...imo

Let's see Mr. Larson reach out to some SEC schools, guessing we could pick up a game. No the Akron, bowling greens, idaho, new mexico, Wyoming type schools don't want to play us or better yet pay us to beat them but top 10 schools in P5 are not afraid

All my opinion

td577
07-23-2015, 02:38 AM

I don't think everyone is afraid to schedule us, I just think the FBS schools that do schedule FCS schools already have their traditional opponents lined up. I think the other circumstances about it being an 11 game season and all that made the decision to not push a FBS team this year happened. There are other factors, as well. You take the top half of FBS, they have the latitude and money to schedule all OOC home games. They can either afford a cellar dwelling FBS school to come visit, which would generally draw more interest, or get a more local FCS school for probably a lot cheaper. A bottom half FBS program is in the same boat FCS schools are in. They are looking to get paid. They are taking road games against the top schools. They are the ones who are our competition when it comes to scheduling, not other FCS schools. Then when they do want home games, they are also looking for the cheapest opponent. Regional FCS opponents that won't cost them as much as NDSU. NDSU will want their travel covered and still cover the difference of scheduling un_ at home. So then you have the regional schools who could be scheduling NDSU. The goofers think they are on the rise. They probably are a little bit gun shy to schedule us (forget about the B10 mandate) as a loss could kill their bowl hopes right out of the chute. Iowa and Iowa State are getting pressure from other regional FCS programs to schedule. Then there are just FBS programs who think they are above all of this. Lastly, the MAC and MW probably are scared.

It would be nice if there was just a set rotation with regional FBS and FCS schools. Iowa, Minnesota, Iowa State, Kansas, and Kansas State and having them rotate with NDSU, SDSU, UNI, USD, and whatever other FCS schools you want to put in there. It would be great for our program to not only play FBS schools but to have a set five year rotation to plan ahead. It would be great for their programs because they are supposed to have that 1st game warm up with a bowl eligible opponent who should be a lesser foe. Then you go with what your program has for those given years and live with it.

Bisonator98
07-23-2015, 02:48 AM
I'm guessing the only FBS programs willing to play us would be the Alabama's, Oklahoma's, etc but they have plenty of regional FCS teams to choose from already. The B1G boys unwillingness is a real problem for us. We kind of wore out our welcome against the regional B12 teams.

MNLonghorn10
07-23-2015, 02:48 AM

Let's see Mr. Larson reach out to some SEC schools, guessing we could pick up a game. No the Akron, bowling greens, idaho, new mexico, Wyoming type schools don't want to play us or better yet pay us to beat them but top 10 schools in P5 are not afraid

All my opinion

agreed. they just dont know how good NDSU would be after beating them, so it could be a top 50, top 40 win if NDSU turns out to be good...or a sore spot in their SoS and it hurts their playoff shot.

El_Chapo
07-23-2015, 03:13 AM

Worst schedule since going d1. EMBARASSING

ZHerd
07-23-2015, 03:37 AM

All my opinion

Yes it would be fun to play a Pac-12 or SEC school. There are a few teams I would still prefer to avoid (one I'm thinking of where I think their style of play etc. would make for a bad matchup) because the Bison have a serious mojo going and I don't want to see anyone blow us out. That would be really hard for me to watch. How sweet would it be to take down an SEC team though?

ZHerd
07-23-2015, 04:00 AM
I don't think everyone is afraid to schedule us, I just think the FBS schools that do schedule FCS schools already have their traditional opponents lined up. I think the other circumstances about it being an 11 game season and all that made the decision to not push a FBS team this year happened. There are other factors, as well. You take the top half of FBS, they have the latitude and money to schedule all OOC home games. They can either afford a cellar dwelling FBS school to come visit, which would generally draw more interest, or get a more local FCS school for probably a lot cheaper. A bottom half FBS program is in the same boat FCS schools are in. They are looking to get paid. They are taking road games against the top schools. They are the ones who are our competition when it comes to scheduling, not other FCS schools. Then when they do want home games, they are also looking for the cheapest opponent. Regional FCS opponents that won't cost them as much as NDSU. NDSU will want their travel covered and still cover the difference of scheduling un_ at home. So then you have the regional schools who could be scheduling NDSU. The goofers think they are on the rise. They probably are a little bit gun shy to schedule us (forget about the B10 mandate) as a loss could kill their bowl hopes right out of the chute. Iowa and Iowa State are getting pressure from other regional FCS programs to schedule. Then there are just FBS programs who think they are above all of this. Lastly, the MAC and MW probably are scared.

It would be nice if there was just a set rotation with regional FBS and FCS schools. Iowa, Minnesota, Iowa State, Kansas, and Kansas State and having them rotate with NDSU, SDSU, UNI, USD, and whatever other FCS schools you want to put in there. It would be great for our program to not only play FBS schools but to have a set five year rotation to plan ahead. It would be great for their programs because they are supposed to have that 1st game warm up with a bowl eligible opponent who should be a lesser foe. Then you go with what your program has for those given years and live with it.

I wouldn't mind a rotational deal like that. I do think it would be neat to break some new ground though as well and venture out of the Midwest. Right now though anything will be great news.

BisonTru
07-23-2015, 04:24 AM
Yes it would be fun to play a Pac-12 or SEC school. There are a few teams I would still prefer to avoid (one I'm thinking of where I think their style of play etc. would make for a bad matchup) because the Bison have a serious mojo going and I don't want to see anyone blow us out. That would be really hard for me to watch. How sweet would it be to take down an SEC team though?

Arizona still has an open date for '17.

td577
07-23-2015, 04:35 AM
I did forget the main reason the mac and mw don't want to play us. If we hurt their strength of schedule at all, it effects their bcs playoff payout as a conference.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

ZHerd
07-23-2015, 11:53 AM

Hope it happens. Incidentally, I love AZ's field. Imo they have the sharpest looking field in college football.

Mr Meaty
07-23-2015, 12:54 PM

Road Trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tatanka
07-23-2015, 01:05 PM
Road trip? Yes. That will work nicely.

Mr Meaty
07-23-2015, 01:09 PM
Road trip? Yes. That will work nicely.

Just don't move it to University of Phoenix Stadium, we have discussed playing in a NFL stadium already. :hide:

bisonaudit
07-23-2015, 01:21 PM
I did forget the main reason the mac and mw don't want to play us. If we hurt their strength of schedule at all, it effects their bcs playoff payout as a conference.

80% of the money is split evenly among the G5 conferences. The last 20% is divided based on conference strength from the computer rankings so playing us shouldn't be an issue.

http://businessofcollegesports.com/2014/12/01/college-football-playoff-payoutsrevenue-distribution-for-2014-15/

http://www.herdzone.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112314aaa.html

Tatanka
07-23-2015, 01:44 PM
Just don't move it to University of Phoenix Stadium, we have discussed playing in a NFL stadium already. :hide:

I thought the agreement was for two games in the Fargodome. oh, wait, you mean THAT university of phoenix. My bad.

td577
07-23-2015, 02:49 PM
80% of the money is split evenly among the G5 conferences. The last 20% is divided based on conference strength from the computer rankings so playing us shouldn't be an issue.

http://businessofcollegesports.com/2014/12/01/college-football-playoff-payoutsrevenue-distribution-for-2014-15/

http://www.herdzone.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112314aaa.html

I meant conference strength rating, not strength of schedule, but you got what I meant there. I agree, it shouldn't be a problem but it comes down to perception rather than reality and NDSU still has FCS after its name. While we are an exceptional FCS program and the top 5 to 10 FCS schools will not effect the end conference strength rating of the MW, for example, any more or less than just about any of the G5 OOC games scheduled, it is the perception FCS schools will effect their rating as a conference.

The way the money gets divided in the end has stacked the deck against the willingness for FBS schools to schedule FCS schools. There isn't any one factor that carries a significant amount of weight but collectively it becomes an issue. The range of schools which would be perfect for NDSU to compete against are the same ones who absolutely need every advantage on the computer side of the equation. It becomes a perception of how anyone in the FCS effects their season. While we all know NDSU and a couple of other schools effect computer rankings positively for most of those programs, the Bison still get considered the same as all FCS programs. Then you include the giant killer factor and on an individual basis there are some added risks. If we want future FBS programs on the schedule, our targets are starting to become those top rated programs who are more dependent on the human side of the playoff equation at the end of the season.

GrizAlum'10
07-23-2015, 03:09 PM

For most normal people (obviously this doesn't include you), college football is about much more than the just game itself.

I guarantee you Bison fans who make the trek will have a better time than they did in Manhattan or Ames.

El_Chapo
07-23-2015, 03:16 PM
For most normal people (obviously this doesn't include you), college football is about much more than the just game itself.

I guarantee you Bison fans who make the trek will have a better time than they did in Manhattan or Ames.

HAHAHA MANHATTAN WAS AWESOME zero chance buddy.

SDbison
07-23-2015, 03:18 PM

I guarantee you Bison fans who make the trek will have a better time than they did in Manhattan or Ames. I fully expect this........Montana is a great state and so are its people. Add to that the awesome tradition in football they have like NDSU and this will be an epic road trip, tailgate and game!

THEsocalledfan
07-23-2015, 03:55 PM

Ames, yes, Manhattan, no. College football is about more than the game itself, but when you beat the reigning Big 12 champs on there home field, who do end up winning a bowl game that year, it is pretty sweet.

Bison Loaf
07-23-2015, 04:16 PM

Wasn't in Manhatten, but I must say, I had a pretty damn good time at Ames! :biggrin:

Bison 4 Life
07-23-2015, 04:18 PM
Wasn't in Manhatten, but I must say, I had a pretty damn good time at Ames! :biggrin:

I loved both but I'm looking way more forward to this trip. I can't wait.

Bison Loaf
07-23-2015, 04:21 PM
I loved both but I'm looking way more forward to this trip. I can't wait.

A lot about having a good time is how you approach things in life and who you are with. That said, I have a great time at EVERY Bison game I'm at!!

MNLonghorn10
07-23-2015, 04:26 PM
I got my ass kicked the thursday night before @ Aggieville

the walk to KSU student tailgate was a hot, miserable one

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t1.0-9/1237035_10151837211172376_1847197746_n.jpg?oh=7c7f 707ec33f23807a086f1537ea8695&oe=5644AEA5

all of their coeds wore mom jean shorts as a fashion statement which sucked.

and I dont think a gameday experience in Missoula has any shot as being topping the one we had in Manhattan. Ames is what it is. weak drinks, and an ass kicking, closer drive back to Fargo than Manhattan at least

Professor Chaos
07-23-2015, 06:02 PM
Ames, yes, Manhattan, no. College football is about more than the game itself, but when you beat the reigning Big 12 champs on there home field, who do end up winning a bowl game that year, it is pretty sweet.
Don't forget about the freshly christened stadium remodel they were celebrating after that game with a firework show.

MNLonghorn10
07-23-2015, 06:59 PM
Don't forget about the freshly christened stadium remodel they were celebrating after that game with a firework show.
True. Very nice of them to throw in a fireworks display after the ndsu win. Hopefully Montana does the same

Tatanka
07-23-2015, 07:04 PM
True. Very nice of them to throw in a fireworks display after the ndsu win. Hopefully Montana does the same

We could pass a hat at the tailgate to defray costs.

GrizAlum'10
07-23-2015, 07:08 PM
We could pass a hat at the tailgate to defray costs.

Eh, I think we'll be alright.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/um-athletics-makes-record-million-in-revenue/article_e7e9fa52-eda6-5d09-a927-4a7db943b9ff.html

56BISON73
07-23-2015, 07:25 PM

When we played K-state a women after the game told a Bison fan that the fire works werent for us. :frog:
But I know she was lying.

tjbison
07-23-2015, 07:45 PM

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/um-athletics-makes-record-million-in-revenue/article_e7e9fa52-eda6-5d09-a927-4a7db943b9ff.html

you just linked an article where NDSU was above UM.....awesome thanks for the info

NDSU was the 122nd most profitable athletic department, and und with the figure skating revenue was 107

Tatanka
07-23-2015, 08:12 PM
you just linked an article where NDSU was above UM.....awesome thanks for the info

NDSU was the 122nd most profitable athletic department, and und with the figure skating revenue was 107

Please note the % that is subsidized from general funds for all three schools. NDSU < Montana <<< UND

Also, I wouldn't say "most profitable". I'd say NDSU was 122nd in revenue generated.

Tatanka
07-23-2015, 08:13 PM

Excellent. We will expect a post-game Bison victory celebration fireworks show befitting the venue and the event.

Christopher Moen
07-23-2015, 11:28 PM
When we played K-state a women after the game told a Bison fan that the fire works werent for us. :frog:
But I know she was lying.

I agree, she was lying. No way I make an arse out of myself for their fireworks show.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1482813_10152068214039469_331644290_n.jpg?oh=83f49 0b131839cf0705734b1768a46fa&oe=564425A3

Ndsu84
07-24-2015, 04:22 AM

I believe this is possibly true. However we will very likely wake up in jail if it is. Kansas State was as much fun as I'm allowed by law.

westnodak93bison
07-24-2015, 12:38 PM
Not sure how any game can eclipse K-state. Maybe beating a SEC team.

THEsocalledfan
07-24-2015, 12:40 PM
Not sure how any game can eclipse K-state. Maybe beating a SEC team.

Yet, according to Jeff and Dom, it was not the #1 moment of the year..... :facepalm:*

(*for the record, I LOVE Jeff and Dom, but that was an epic fail.....)

tjbison
07-24-2015, 02:28 PM
My games for overall excitement 1 thru 5 in the past 15 years would be...

1. Kansas St
2. Minnesota (first win)
3. 2011 SHSU
4. Central Michigan just because the complete beat down we gave them, and If I recall their fans were pretty sure we were a worthless team
5. Georgia Southern 2012

Bison 4 Life
07-24-2015, 02:46 PM
The one thing that all of these games that we're talking about?

They are all over.

Are we going to get Alabama every year? No.

Are we going to get a worthy opponent? Probably

Is it going to be a fun time? Definitely.

17>1
07-28-2015, 11:19 PM
Anyone ever done any rafting or canoeing down the Flathead River? We're staying in Polson for a night and would consider doing something like this if my Dad is up for it.

SDbison
07-29-2015, 12:52 AM
Anyone ever done any rafting or canoeing down the Flathead River? We're staying in Polson for a night and would consider doing something like this if my Dad is up for it. I have rafted on the Flathead River a few times, but much further north from where you are talking about, in the area of West Glacier. Some class 3 rapids, but mostly easy stuff especially in late summer.

17>1
07-29-2015, 01:09 AM
I have rafted on the Flathead River a few times, but much further north from where you are talking about, in the area of West Glacier. Some class 3 rapids, but mostly easy stuff especially in late summer.

From everything I'm reading online, it appears West Glacier, MT is kind of the central hub spot to be for all things Glacier Nat'l Park. We can always hit up the rafting later in the week after we leave the Polson area and head more north and east. Just found out there's an all you can eat pancake feed every Sunday morning at the KOA we'll be at. Nice!!

tjbison
07-29-2015, 01:24 AM
From everything I'm reading online, it appears West Glacier, MT is kind of the central hub spot to be for all things Glacier Nat'l Park. We can always hit up the rafting later in the week after we leave the Polson area and head more north and west. Just found out there's an all you can eat pancake feed every Sunday morning at the KOA we'll be at. Nice!!

West glacier, Columbia falls, whitefish are awesome areas

There used to be some tours around Hungry Horse also

gumby013
07-29-2015, 12:43 PM
one month to go!!!

Mr Meaty
07-29-2015, 09:21 PM
In full tailgate training for the next 30 days to get ready.

Green1
07-30-2015, 02:08 AM
In full tailgate training for the next 30 days to get ready.

(Gulp, Munch, Munch, Munch, Gulp) You and me, brother...

BlueHawkAlumni
07-30-2015, 05:07 PM
(Gulp, Munch, Munch, Munch, Gulp) You and me, brother...

P.S More drinks less food;)

Green1
07-30-2015, 07:31 PM

P.S More drinks less food;)

A lot of wisdom in this post.

onbison09
07-31-2015, 03:38 AM
My games for overall excitement 1 thru 5 in the past 15 years would be...

1. Kansas St
2. Minnesota (first win)
3. 2011 SHSU
4. Central Michigan just because the complete beat down we gave them, and If I recall their fans were pretty sure we were a worthless team
5. Georgia Southern 2012
How is last year's championship game not in there? Also, damn we have quite the list! Most schools would kill for one of those.

stpaulbison
07-31-2015, 06:33 PM
From gogriz.com yesterday - top 20 most intriguing storylines

http://gogriz.com/news/2015/7/30/GEN_0730151708.aspx

1. What else could possibly be in the No. 1 spot for the most intriguing anything for 2015-16 but the Montana-North Dakota State matchup on Aug. 29? Given the amount of lead time the game has been granted, it might be the most talked about and highly anticipated home sporting event in Grizzy Athletics history. It's the perfect storm of football storylines. North Dakota State has won the last four FCS national championships, going 58-3 during that stretch. ESPN will be on hand to broadcast the game -- the first college football game of the season -- to a football-starved nation. Montana will be making its debut under first-year coach Bob Stitt (who is a top-five entry on this list all by himself). It will be an early statement game for one of the two teams, the Bison the current alpha dog of the FCS world, the Grizzlies a proud program wanting that title back. It just doesn't get any bigger or better than that

Bison 4 Life
07-31-2015, 06:39 PM
How is last year's championship game not in there? Also, damn we have quite the list! Most schools would kill for one of those.

almost 7 months later and I struggle to accurately describe my feelings about that game. I saw with BisoninNWMN and his family and he and I talked the whole game and I was feeling kind of like 2012. When ISU came back I started to get physically ill and when they scored, I kept trying to figure out how I was going to be gracious while leaving the stadium.

After NDSU scored the go ahead, I literally almost threw up on the people in front of me, I was so emotional. That may have been exciting but I was too "glass case of emotion" to recognize it.

Bisonwinagn
07-31-2015, 06:59 PM

I dont' have it listed either. It was a game we almost choked away which is not something I consider exciting. I have the first Gopher win, SAM first championship, then probably KState.

FrozenTech
07-31-2015, 07:11 PM
almost 7 months later and I struggle to accurately describe my feelings about that game. I saw with BisoninNWMN and his family and he and I talked the whole game and I was feeling kind of like 2012. When ISU came back I started to get physically ill and when they scored, I kept trying to figure out how I was going to be gracious while leaving the stadium.

After NDSU scored the go ahead, I literally almost threw up on the people in front of me, I was so emotional. That may have been exciting but I was too "glass case of emotion" to recognize it.

On the flip side, I often get stress headaches - usually at FD games from the noise, but super close games can exacerbate it rather badly. (This has not yet stopped me from going to Bison games and short of a stroke or something probably never will). I should have been super stressed in the last two minutes or so of that National Championship game. My group was super stressed. I remember looking at the guys next to me and shrugging, "Nah. They got this. No big deal."

I was right - obviously. I still don't know *why* I wasn't stressed all the hell out. But I wasn't. It'll probably never happen that way again though.

TransAmBison
07-31-2015, 09:27 PM

After NDSU scored the go ahead, I literally almost threw up on the people in front of me, I was so emotional. That may have been exciting but I was too "glass case of emotion" to recognize it.I wasn't getting ill...but I was an absolute wreck. After the game, I was mentally and physically exhausted...

westnodak93bison
07-31-2015, 09:36 PM
K-State is the pinnacle period. Carry on.

EC8CH
07-31-2015, 09:38 PM
Championship against ISU was a rollercoaster. Huge ups and huge downs... Some people don't like rollercoasters.

K State was a march of determination.

Bison 4 Life
07-31-2015, 09:50 PM
I wasn't getting ill...but I was an absolute wreck. After the game, I was mentally and physically exhausted...

Championship against ISU was a rollercoaster. Huge ups and huge downs... Some people don't like rollercoasters.

K State was a march of determination.

This was exactly how I felt. Like a roller coaster.

GFBison
08-01-2015, 02:56 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/31/8ec0eda8390f2f1fcca3eed27c6fe56f.jpg

I knew the Bison won when I look in my viewfinder and see RJ with the word Championship in the background.

Christopher Moen
08-01-2015, 03:13 AM
I wasn't getting ill...but I was an absolute wreck. After the game, I was mentally and physically exhausted...

I was in the same boat. I was so emotionally exhausted, that I couldn't give a rat's rear-end about the Broncos' crap-show that I had to witness the next day at Mile High.

tjbison
08-02-2015, 04:05 AM
http://missoulian.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/two-griz-linebackers-arrested-in-separate-incidents/article_d660ac1c-0070-56b4-b8d5-0156564da288.html

not huge deal but interesting

gumby013
08-02-2015, 04:43 AM
http://missoulian.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/two-griz-linebackers-arrested-in-separate-incidents/article_d660ac1c-0070-56b4-b8d5-0156564da288.html

Two incidents. Fulmer Cup qualified.

EC8CH
08-02-2015, 02:07 PM

Think Montana's coach will give a Stitt about his players getting arrested, or will he be like ISUr's coach and let them off with a Spack on the wrist?

ZHerd
08-02-2015, 03:03 PM
Think Montana's coach will give a Stitt about his players getting arrested, or will he be like ISUr's coach and let them off with a Spack on the wrist?

Are they freshman or Grizzled veterans? It's a Bear of a problem for a new coach

Da Bison
08-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Gentlemen there you have it...........

Perfect excuse for the Griz.

They only put up 600 yds and 45 pts because of that f____ING cop.

Green1
08-02-2015, 03:14 PM

I nominate "a Spack on the wrist" for the Bisonville Dictionary!!!! :rofl:

BisonHorns
08-02-2015, 04:17 PM
Both are starting seniors.

Tatanka
08-02-2015, 06:09 PM

Seconded...

mtjack
08-02-2015, 08:55 PM

I will gladly drive down to Tucson for this. The U of A and ASU consistently schedule FCS opponents. I have a feeling the Pac 12 will have a harder time refusing FCS opponents like the Big 10 has done due to geography. There are fewer FBS opponents in the west to choose from and few east coast teams (regardless of what level they play at) seem willing to fly west for non-conference games.

HerdBot
08-03-2015, 07:36 AM

I third nominate... good stuff

HerdBot
08-03-2015, 07:45 AM

Sweetest win ever. Emotional roller coaster. On3 minute Im crushed. Then Goose bumps. Emotionally drained. Seeing the Illinois State fans after the game I almost felt bad for them but witnessing their swing of emotions was nuts. Given the stakes... it was by far the best game I have ever witnessed

Bison 4 Life
08-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Sweetest win ever. Emotional roller coaster. On3 minute Im crushed. Then Goose bumps. Emotionally drained. Seeing the Illinois State fans after the game I almost felt bad for them but witnessing their swing of emotions was nuts. Given the stakes... it was by far the best game I have ever witnessed

I was pretty jaded being over by the ISU student section. I felt pretty good that those kids were bummed.

td577
08-03-2015, 02:35 PM
I was on the "isu" side thanks to the three year pack. I felt beat up after the game. It was great.

StL Bison Fan
08-03-2015, 03:33 PM
I was on the "isu" side thanks to the three year pack. I felt beat up after the game. It was great.

We had isu fans behind us. They were an older couple. They were nice.
They were not smug when they thought they had it. And were nice at the end- i would have prefered the opposite as I dont care much for feeling sorry for the other fans. But one look at the isu sideline and the walk to the tailgate lot made it better!

gumby013
08-03-2015, 03:36 PM

Those seats were the best.

EC8CH
08-03-2015, 04:53 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/31/8ec0eda8390f2f1fcca3eed27c6fe56f.jpg

I knew the Bison won when I look in my viewfinder and see RJ with the word Championship in the background.

I'd just like to point out, this picture is awesome.

thunderingherd
08-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Brent Musburger and Jesse Palmer calling this game

gumby013
08-03-2015, 05:44 PM

Who is confirming that?

thunderingherd
08-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Griz head coach Bob Stitt....... twitter

GrizAlum'10
08-03-2015, 05:53 PM

Any discipline they face will be decided by a committee, not solely by Stitt.

MNLonghorn10
08-03-2015, 06:41 PM
Griz head coach Bob Stitt....... twitter
[Mussberger ]YOU ARE LOOKING LIIIIIVE AT THE FAMOUS STONED STUDENT SECTION AT HISTORICAL WA GRIZZ STADIUM IN BEAUTIFUL MISSOULA MONTANA... [/drunk mussberger]

For real tho. I'm a muss fan. This is way cool. He's a college football media icon.

GrizAlum'10
08-03-2015, 07:02 PM
[Mussberger ]YOU ARE LOOKING LIIIIIVE AT THE FAMOUS STONED STUDENT SECTION AT HISTORICAL WA GRIZZ STADIUM IN BEAUTIFUL MISSOULA MONTANA... [/drunk mussberger]

For real tho. I'm a muss fan. This is way cool. He's a college football media icon.

Funny because it's true. It can feel like a Phish concert in there sometimes.

Bookem
08-03-2015, 08:55 PM

Does this mean fans not going to the game get to play Theeeee Drinking Game? I think I'll have to practice and watch some game film.

ALPHAGRIZ1
08-04-2015, 03:34 AM
I officially pre-apologize for the plethora of excuses that Griz fans will be slathering the interweb with after this game. Just remember most of them are bandwagon douchebags that never travel to away games, bitch about the new jerseys not having names on the back (they never learn the numbers) and make up excuses as to why we lose big games.......the field, the refs, cold weather, not making halftime adjustments.....etc.

My sincerest apologies for our fan base.

DIBISON
08-04-2015, 04:22 PM
Chicago Tribune: Brent Musberger to call North Dakota State-Montana season-opener

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-brent-musburger-north-dakota-state-20150804-story.html

Great picture of the Bison celebration!