PDA

View Full Version : The Official Sept 19th 2015 Playoff Game Preview Scrimmage in the FargoLoaf

Pages : [1] 2

thebigund
05-12-2015, 05:42 PM
I guess all the rain in Fargo got me in the mood for this. Chapinho can't stop it, nor can he handle it. UND is coming.... Bubba wanted this game for obvious reasons and the timing could probably not be any better. NDSU, as you all know, is coming off of a 4 peat in a year when most people who didn't actually look at the roster thought NDSU lost "all those players that Brewster gave NDSU" aka three players. The perception of NDSU as invincible is about as strong as ever. They didn't dominate Ill St in the championship but they appeared to be some form of the undead that cannot be killed and will keep getting up until your team pisses themselves and looses, with the exception of UNI, they whooped you guys good. Basically this is Rocky IV, you must "break" us blah blah blah, we have no chance, blah blah blah, we're just a short Italian dude with a speech impediment on steroids, blah blah blah. But one thing is certain, your collection of Dragos haven't faced UND. They probably believe all of what they hear since they know nothing else. Going into this game they will not be ready because they will underestimate UND big time and UND will be out for blood, it's a dangerous situation for NDSU. That said, we probably get our asses handed to us.

Anyway, Coaching: Bubba transformed the culture at UND and took one of the worst defenses of all time and had them in the top 5 in the country in run defense and tackles for loss. He also re-established a run first offense that tries to control the clock and limit the opponents opportunities which cranks up the pressure on them to score every time they get the ball since they don't know if they'll be getting the ball back. Sound familiar?

Kleiman won it all with Bohls players in the least impressive fashion since your first title. But due to Kleiman winning a championship last season I can no longer give Bubba the nod, although it's close because of Bubba's team improving while Kleimens did not...

Advantage Kleimin.

QB: Ginger Jesus and Friends vs One Legged Joe Mollberg and ..... Studsrud and Bartels....

Brock Je.... Carson Wentz tore it up last year and looks to be the first Bison player to be a first round draft pick since Marcuth Williamth. Easton Stick will now enjoy the role of being viewed as the best QB on campus until he takes over the reins and passes that title on to his most talented backup.

Joe Mollberg is still rehabbing after undergoing gastric bypass surgery, he should be 100% by fall camp. He actually looked to be having a breakthrough last year before suffering awful injury luck in consecutive games with a concussion and then achilles injury. Studsrud wasn't ready to play last year since he was on the scout team all year before being thrown in their with four days to prepare. He wasn't all that great but showed flashes of why he could end up being a very good QB. Hopefully he redshirts this year.

Advantage teh bisons

RB: NDSU, like most years, lost a very good RB who will try and make it in pro ball. This year could be the first year in..... a really really long time, I'll need help on this one but I'll say 15 years that NDSU doesn't come into the season knowing for sure that they have a stud RB. Gordon Steffes Roehl Paschall McNorton Ojuri Crockett. It's a nice list where I probably missed a few and didn't go back far enough for some of you, so make your own list to make your dick feel bigger, each name will add a half inch. Point is, that it's impressive, incredible even, the lineage of NDSU RBs. This year seems like the first time that I can think of where it's not a consensus that the RB will feature at least one undeniable stud. Frasier Morlock and Dunn. To me Dunn is the stud of this group, he's only a rsfr though, and it's yet to be seen if he can handle the grind of the season. He's the next stud if he can. Frasier and Morlock are very solid though and Morlock has better speed than anyone outside of Fargo will give him credit for. Both north/south runners that won't do a lot of shake n bake like Crockett could/would at times. That's what made him special. At the end of the day it's not as if NDSU will struggle to run the ball, it will just more than likely be a collection of guys instead of the two headed monster days of years past or the Crockett show from last year.

UND is in a tough spot, they loose diminutive RB Garmin who exploded at the end of the year last season averaging over 150yards/game in his last 5 games. He had the shake and quickness to make people miss but lacked size. UND returns some big backs that haven't proven much. Norberg is a big(235lb) converted LB who has 0 shake, your basic white boy RB. Jawon Arrington 5'11" 225b transferred in from UAB where he backed up an absolute stud RB who transferred to Indiana but could have gone to any SEC or B1G school. Arrington showed decent speed and strength in spring ball but who knows what that means for real games. UND is still looking at getting an FBS transfer at RB so that tells you all you need to know.

Advantage NDSU, I can't even joke about this shit.

TE: I'm pleased to announce that UND brought the TE position back from the dead last season and they make a big impact on the offense. Zach Adler has always been a great blocker but added another dimension to his game last year with 25 rec for 265 yrds and 1TD. RSFR Kyle Ruhe was adding a big time receiving threat to the offense before an awkward tackle tore his cal and ended his promising fr campaign, he was averaging 27 yds/rec. Look for fr Luke Fiedler to add the same dimension to the offense next season. Both youngsters are 6'5" with big wingspans and great quickness.

Luke Albers and Jeff Illes should anchor this position for NDSU in the absense of 46 year old TE Kevin Vaadeland. Albers is a more classic TE with 6'5" size and strong hands. Illes is more of a highbred slow WR type. Both provide a nice mismatch on LBs. Albers onlly had 13 catches last year but 4 TDs so he's the sneaky redzone threat that defense hate.

Advantage: UND, I'm going out on a limb here with this pick. Adler is a proven threat and great blocker so that cancels out Albers. Fiedler and Ruhe will combine to produce more than Illes in my opinion, plus I already voted for a ginger today and can't again in good faith.

OL: Jermey Kelly a Zack Johnson Zack Ziemer Joe Heag Landon Lechler and Jack Plankers.... but you can only start 5. So you guys will have a good OL, big deal. They're big, really ugly, hairy, and mean. On top of that Heag is turning heads and may be drafted higher than Turner, I know i know, it's hard to imagine anyone being higher than Billy Turner. Trust me, this kid could go high, real high.

Brandon Anderson Brandon Miller Grant Aplin Dan Bell Sean Meehan AJ Stockwell Matt Cox Demon Taylor and Jacob Camy.... but we can only start 5..... So we have an ok OL, big deal. They're big, not quite as ugly as yours, Meehan is hairy as fuck, and Anderson is mean. Outside of those two nobody else is proven. Miller and Stockwell are NDSU level OL recruits and now need to show it on the field for a whole season. Miller mauled some guys in backup duty last year but needs to be a starter now. Stockwell started some games but had injury issues. These two will make or break UNDs OL next year. Who will play center? Jacob Fancis almost started as a tfr last season but apparently his knees are in shambles and he will have to most likely give up football or switch to TE. Matt Cox is an intriguing option, converted DL with a great frame, he could play center or LT if Stockwell can't stay healthy. Aplin was a steal of a walk on. If he was taller he would have been an FBS player. He may end up locking down center or one of the guard position for the next 3-4 years. Demon Taylor is a chunky youngster that is light on his feet and has proven hard to move, his time will come. Jacob Camy is a JUCO transfer who could play LT but by all accounts isn't strong enough right now despite his 6'6" frame. He needs a monster summer to make it happen. Our OL improved by leaps and bounds from beginning to end last year and should be much improved next year, but they still have a ways to go to become that classic brick wall UND OL. Meanwhile NDSU has perhaps the best unit in the country, again.

Advantage: NDSU

thebigund
05-12-2015, 05:43 PM
WR: Finally UND's strength.... from 3 years ago, fuck. At least Dee Grey didn't work out and Golladay did... kind of, at least for him he did. Shit. So Kenny took his considerable talents to NIU where his 6'4" frame will be their best WR for the next two years before he plays in the NFL. That leaves us with one very unproven group. We lack teh crazy speeds that we once had in spades... Brandon Walker played right away last year and wasn't all that bad for a tfr before injuries made him a non factor late in the year. He has serious potential but we've all heard and said that about guys before, time for him to show what he's got for more than 5 games. Miguel Cerrintino, imagine a slower Zach Vraa with bones that aren't made of glass, he was a nice possession receiver for a while last year until he caught a case of the drops. He got some contact lenses over the winter and that has cured his illness and he is back to catching everything that comes his way. Srsly. Josh Seible was a great story last year. He made the team as a walk on DB out of Bismarck when we only had 3 CBs in spring ball. He then converted to WR here he was our go to option. He led the team in receptions and was our go to guy to move the chains. I'm excited to see what this typical ND kid does after a year dedicated to WR full time. He's got that toughness and a knack for football that you can't teach. Luke Stanley will be an interesting player to watch, at 6'4" with great hands he could be a redzone threat an a good size mismatch on the outside. Clive Georges transferred from the Arizona Wildcats and man is he fast. He's also 6'1" tall so he should provide the deep threat that the team was missing last season. This group was awful last year outside of Seible and literally can't get worse so expect to see them actually make some plays this year.

For NDSU Urzenbrownski Vraa and Moody should be the dudes. Vraa is a proven commodity as a deep threat and reliable pass catcher. Moody is a below the radar glue guy as we all know and will continue to not get a whole lot of credit for his contributions, but look for him to move the chains a lot this year. Urzenbraunski should have a huge year, he was about as good as a tfr not named Kenny Golladay can be. By the end of the year Urzenbrewski was a serious playmaker and was my MVP of the national title game. Urzenblobski is just a baller. He will be a household name, as much so as an FCS player can be, by the end of this year. Will little Crockett add anything this year? Probably an end around or two. How about Wrice? He's "so talented", will he finally put it together on the field?

Advantage: NDSU... it's a nice group at the top for teh bisons. UND did next to nothing last year at WR so it was an unfair fight.

Overall Offensive Advantage: NDSU too much proven on this side of the ball, even I can't bend this shit far enough to make it close. UND will have an ugly offense more than likely but hopefully and probably more effective than last year. NDSU will have a special offense this year, but will it come at the expense of the defense? They will throw the ball more, that is a fact.

And yes bisonteacher, the defensive comparison will come later, and I actually want to do it this year, so keep your dick in your pants.

Bison 4 Life
05-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Cool story bro,

Where was your analysis last year of Incarnate Word, our other cupcake game?

MNLonghorn10
05-12-2015, 05:53 PM
Even when ndsu wins by 35, it'll be a loss. That's where we stand between the two programs.

Just stupid to give in and sign the game off.

If und somehow pulls off the impossible, you can erase the last 5 years of success

RedRiver
05-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Not this shit already, this is only one OCC game on the Bison's 15 game schedule!

EC8CH
05-12-2015, 06:03 PM
Siouxper Bowl pregame already?!

Bison Loaf
05-12-2015, 06:07 PM
Yawn.

Remember when someone from Incarnate Word came on here and gave a big analysis about how, yes, NDSU was most certainly gonna kick their ass, but Incarnate was going to be better than we thought and and will surprise a few people? Oh wait..........I guess that NEVER HAPPENED because some fans of bottom-feeders have class and know how to shut-up until they actually DO something, ANYTHING, against ANYONE.......let alone NDSU. :facepalm:

I do like the new name for the Dome, however.

But overall.............just a big yawn. That is all.

cbline
05-12-2015, 06:14 PM
Wow, talk about a premature ejaculation (From Webster's, "a sudden expression of emotion")!! The un_ crowd will be hard to contain come September, and yes I mean "crowd" in a relative sense based on their football attendance.

TransAmBison
05-12-2015, 06:35 PM
I thought it was funny. I applaud the post...

NDSUBowler
05-12-2015, 06:41 PM
I enjoyed it!

I still am neg repping him but only out of love. Or something like that.

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/2dc7a8cfc0a8a2e18db5c1be6765445f6c.png

runtheoption
05-12-2015, 06:54 PM
thebigund...good post. My favorite line: "NDSU too much proven on this side of the ball, even I can't bend this shit far enough to make it close."

Bisonwinagn
05-12-2015, 06:55 PM

I agree good analysis mixed with some humor which we all need.

Bison Loaf
05-12-2015, 07:24 PM
I agree good analysis mixed with some humor which we all need.

Let's wait to see how "good" his analysis will be when he gets to the vaunted UND defense! ;) I'm guessing he won't be able to modulate his meds as well on that side of the ball.

TransAmBison
05-12-2015, 07:38 PM
Let's wait to see how "good" his analysis will be when he gets to the vaunted UND defense! ;) I'm guessing he won't be able to modulate his meds as well on that side of the ball.And that will be the real humor...

Herd80
05-12-2015, 08:10 PM

Yep. Gotta love someone who takes a shot at some humor in the offseason. Nicely done

Mr Meaty
05-12-2015, 08:33 PM
When we start next season with 3 wins vs Big Fluffy that could end up to be more wins than UND has in the conference. They were only 3-5 in the conference last year.

CentennialBison
05-12-2015, 08:40 PM
I don't even understand why you would compare NDSU and the nobodies. They don't even belong in the same sentence.

Vet70
05-12-2015, 08:43 PM
http://www.resizemypicture.com/pictures//7735552657f29a851431463295.jpg

ndsubison1
05-12-2015, 08:43 PM
I guess all the rain in Fargo got me in the mood for this. Chapinho can't stop it, nor can he handle it. UND is coming.... Bubba wanted this game for obvious reasons and the timing could probably not be any better. NDSU, as you all know, is coming off of a 4 peat in a year when most people who didn't actually look at the roster thought NDSU lost "all those players that Brewster gave NDSU" aka three players. The perception of NDSU as invincible is about as strong as ever. They didn't dominate Ill St in the championship but they appeared to be some form of the undead that cannot be killed and will keep getting up until your team pisses themselves and looses, with the exception of UNI, they whooped you guys good. Basically this is Rocky IV, you must "break" us blah blah blah, we have no chance, blah blah blah, we're just a short Italian dude with a speech impediment on steroids, blah blah blah. But one thing is certain, your collection of Dragos haven't faced UND. They probably believe all of what they hear since they know nothing else. Going into this game they will not be ready because they will underestimate UND big time and UND will be out for blood, it's a dangerous situation for NDSU. That said, we probably get our asses handed to us.

Anyway, Coaching: Bubba transformed the culture at UND and took one of the worst defenses of all time and had them in the top 5 in the country in run defense and tackles for loss. He also re-established a run first offense that tries to control the clock and limit the opponents opportunities which cranks up the pressure on them to score every time they get the ball since they don't know if they'll be getting the ball back. Sound familiar?

Kleiman won it all with Bohls players in the least impressive fashion since your first title. But due to Kleiman winning a championship last season I can no longer give Bubba the nod, although it's close because of Bubba's team improving while Kleimens did not...

Advantage Kleimin.

QB: Ginger Jesus and Friends vs One Legged Joe Mollberg and ..... Studsrud and Bartels....

Brock Je.... Carson Wentz tore it up last year and looks to be the first Bison player to be a first round draft pick since Marcuth Williamth. Easton Stick will bow enjoy the role of being viewed as the best QB on campus until he takes over the reins and passes that title on to his most talented backup.

Joe Mollberg is still rehabbing after undergoing gastric bypass surgery, he should be 100% by fall camp. He actually looked to be having a breakthrough last year before suffering awful injury luck in consecutive games with a concussion and then achilles injury. Studsrud wasn't ready to play last year since he was on the scout team all year before being thrown in their with four days to prepare. He wasn't all that great but showed flashes of why he could end up being a very good QB. Hopefully he redshirts this year.

Advantage teh bisons

RB: NDSU, like most years, lost a very good RB who will try and make it in pro ball. This year could be the first year in..... a really really long time, I'll need help on this one but I'll say 15 years that NDSU doesn't come into the season knowing for sure that they have a stud RB. Gordon Steffes Roehl Paschall McNorton Ojuri Crockett. It's a nice list where I probably missed a few and didn't go back far enough for some of you, so make your own list to make your dick feel bigger, each name will add a half inch. Point is, that it's impressive, incredible even, the lineage of NDSU RBs. This year seems like the first time that I can think of where it's not a consensus that the RB will feature at least one undeniable stud. Frasier Morlock and Dunn. To me Dunn is the stud of this group, he's only a rsfr though, and it's yet to be seen if he can handle the grind of the season. He's the next stud if he can. Frasier and Morlock are very solid though and Morlock has better speed than anyone outside of Fargo will give him credit for. Both north/south runners that won't do a lot of shake n bake like Crockett could/would at times. That's what made him special. At the end of the day it's not as if NDSU will struggle to run the ball, it will just more than likely be a collection of guys instead of the two headed monster days of years past or the Crockett show from last year.

UND is in a tough spot, they loose diminutive RB Garmin who exploded at the end of the year last season averaging over 150yards/game in his last 5 games. He had the shake and quickness to make people miss but lacked size. UND returns some big backs that haven't proven much. Norberg is a big(235lb) converted LB who has 0 shake, your basic white boy RB. Jawon Arrington 5'11" 225b transferred in from UAB where he backed up an absolute stud RB who transferred to Indiana but could have gone to any SEC or B1G school. Arrington showed decent speed and strength in spring ball but who knows what that means for real games. UND is still looking at getting an FBS transfer at RB so that tells you all you need to know.

TE: I'm pleased to announce that UND brought the TE position back from the dead last season and they make a big impact on the offense. Zach Adler has always been a great blocker but added another dimension to his game last year with 25 rec for 265 yrds and 1TD. RSFR Kyle Ruhe was adding a big time receiving threat to the offense before an awkward tackle tore his cal and ended his promising fr campaign, he was averaging 27 yds/rec. Look for fr Luke Fiedler to add the same dimension to the offense next season. Both youngsters are 6'5" with big wingspans and great quickness.

Luke Albers and Jeff Illes should anchor this position for NDSU in the absense of 46 year old TE Kevin Vaadeland. Albers is a more classic TE with 6'5" size and strong hands. Illes is more of a highbred slow WR type. Both provide a nice mismatch on LBs. Albers onlly had 13 catches last year but 4 TDs so he's the sneaky redzone threat that defense hate.

Advantage: UND, I'm going out on a limb here with this pick. Adler is a proven threat and great blocker so that cancels out Albers. Fiedler and Ruhe will combine to produce more than Illes in my opinion, plus I already voted for a ginger today and can't again in good faith.

OL: Jermey Kelly a Zack Johnson Zack Ziemer Joe Heag Landon Lechler and Jack Plankers.... but you can only start 5. So you guys will have a good OL, big deal. They're big, really ugly, hairy, and mean. On top of that Heag is turning heads and may be drafted higher than Turner, I know i know, it's hard to imagine anyone being higher than Billy Turner. Trust me, this kid could go high, real high.

Brandon Anderson Brandon Miller Grant Aplin Dan Bell Sean Meehan AJ Stockwell Matt Cox Demon Taylor and Jacob Camy.... but we can only start 5..... So we have an ok OL, big deal. They're big, not quite as ugly as yours, Meehan is hairy as fuck, and Anderson is mean. Outside of those two nobody else is proven. Miller and Stockwell are NDSU level OL recruits and now need to show it on the field for a whole season. Miller mauled some guys in backup duty last year but needs to be a starter now. Stockwell started some games but had injury issues. These two will make or break UNDs OL next year. Who will play center? Jacob Fancis almost started as a tfr last season but apparently his knees are in shambles and he will have to most likely give up football or switch to TE. Matt Cox is an intriguing option, converted DL with a great frame, he could play center or LT if Stockwell can't stay healthy. Aplin was a steal of a walk on. If he was taller he would have been an FBS player. He may end up locking down center or one of the guard position for the next 3-4 years. Demon Taylor is a chunky youngster that is light on his feet and has proven hard to move, his time will come. Jacob Camy is a JUCO transfer who could play LT but by all accounts isn't strong enough right now despite his 6'6" frame. He needs a monster summer to make it happen. Our OL improved by leaps and bounds from beginning to end last year and should be much improved next year, but they still have a ways to go to become that classic brick wall UND OL. Meanwhile NDSU has perhaps the best unit in the country, again.

NDSU has TEs advantage. The depth we have there is P5 quality.

Kujava23
05-12-2015, 08:51 PM

Advantage Kleimin.

Brock Je.... Carson Wentz tore it up last year and looks to be the first Bison player to be a first round draft pick since Marcuth Williamth. Easton Stick will bow enjoy the role of being viewed as the best QB on campus until he takes over the reins and passes that title on to his most talented backup.

Advantage teh bisons

I feel I got dumber reading your post---can't we just block this guy

TransAmBison
05-12-2015, 09:00 PM
I feel I got dumber reading your post---can't we just block this guyIt is funny how differently posters view each other...much like the restaurant thread. For example...I love Giant Panda and hate teh Cork. Bisonguy hates teh Panda, and likes teh Cork (even though he hasn't been there for something like 12 years). Plenty of posters here hate tehbigun_, but if I were to assemble an allstar group of posters...he just might make teh roster.

BisonNation11
05-12-2015, 09:13 PM
Tehbigun_ies has some of the more logical and hysterical posts I see on here. Today's post was an instant classic. Offseason humor at its best. Not bad for a closet Bison fan. I've gotten over his rough start on the board.

gumby013
05-12-2015, 09:20 PM
It is funny how differently posters view each other...much like the restaurant thread. For example...I love Giant Panda and hate teh Cork. Bisonguy hates teh Panda, and likes teh Cork (even though he hasn't been there for something like 12 years). Plenty of posters here hate tehbigun_, but if I were to assemble an allstar group of posters...he just might make teh roster.

We can all agree the Speak Easy sucks.

ZHerd
05-12-2015, 09:23 PM
It is funny how differently posters view each other...much like the restaurant thread. For example...I love Giant Panda and hate teh Cork. Bisonguy hates teh Panda, and likes teh Cork (even though he hasn't been there for something like 12 years). Plenty of posters here hate tehbigun_, but if I were to assemble an allstar group of posters...he just might make teh roster.

Ya but he spelt Legendousceei rong

Bison03
05-12-2015, 09:24 PM
OK; based on his analysis so far.....he is proving the point for a Bison blowout. Unless the defensive analysis has UN_ players comparable to Dick Butkis, Lawrence Taylor, and Ray Lewis.

BisoninNWMN
05-12-2015, 09:26 PM
The only thing _ND is better at than NDSU as pertains to football is.....let me see.....FRICKIN NOTHING!!

tjbison
05-12-2015, 09:49 PM

You were serious about that?

BisonHorns
05-12-2015, 10:30 PM
Loved reading the whole thing. Funny and meducational. Looking forward to the defensive version.

westnodak93bison
05-12-2015, 11:25 PM
This is what you get with an interim ad. Thanks Prakash.

MNLonghorn10
05-12-2015, 11:43 PM

i get the bit, and I like the UND guy more than some actual NDSU fans on this board.

the game itself, is an abortion

thebigund
05-13-2015, 12:24 AM
NDSU has TEs advantage. The depth we have there is P5 quality.
Right... You don't have any P5 quality TEs. I saw one in person, former FSU player for Stoney Brook, last season and I can assure you none of UNDs or NDSUs TE's are P5 quality.

Vet70
05-13-2015, 01:15 AM
I have to admit the I enjoy reading thebigund's posts, but unless it was intended as humor this part deserves to be part of the Preposterous Statements thread:

"But due to Kleiman winning a championship last season I can no longer give Bubba the nod, although it's close because of Bubba's team improving while Kleimens did not..."

How far do you have to go to improve when you are at rock bottom? And although the Bison may not have steamrolled everyone last year, I don't think that winning another National Championship is exactly taking a step back. Expecting improvement over the 2013 team is like expecting Bubba to win a Natty this year. :facepalm: P.S.---Coach's name is spelled "Klieman."

BisonFan02
05-13-2015, 01:20 AM
Right... You don't have any P5 quality TEs. I saw one in person, former FSU player for Stoney Brook, last season and I can assure you none of UNDs or NDSUs TE's are P5 quality.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2853282/ben-ellefson

http://bisonation.info/te-ben-ellefson-hawley-mn-2015-offer/

This guy should work out pretty good too.

NDSU1980
05-13-2015, 01:33 AM
Right... You don't have any P5 quality TEs. I saw one in person, former FSU player for Stoney Brook, last season and I can assure you none of UNDs or NDSUs TE's are P5 quality.Hey geaux sioux, don't you have a goalie loss to mourn? I see even he's smart enough to get the hell out of UN_ when he can. Oh, and check negative rep.

StL Bison Fan
05-13-2015, 01:38 AM
I will enjoy this thread.

The live game and the sh**show that will go with it, Not So Much

thebigund
05-13-2015, 02:32 AM
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2853282/ben-ellefson

http://bisonation.info/te-ben-ellefson-hawley-mn-2015-offer/

This guy should work out pretty good too.

He isn't on the team yet. Plus I hear he's a little overrated, that story will tell itself though

HerdBot
05-13-2015, 02:36 AM
Ivan Drago is a terrible analogy since that would make the Undies Rocky. Rocky of course was the former Champion and UN_'s biggest Championship at the D1 football level is in moral victories.

Tatanka
05-13-2015, 02:39 AM
I will enjoy this thread.

The live game and the sh**show that will go with it, Not So Much

Truth right here.

Bisonator98
05-13-2015, 02:58 AM
Can't wait for the defensive analysis. It'll be interesting to see if the big undies can stop jacking off to his poster of Will Ratelle long enough to finish it.

unbison
05-13-2015, 03:06 AM
Are people really trying to argue with his posts ... For real they wer awesome thank you sir needed some humor tonight

HerdBot
05-13-2015, 03:44 AM
Are people really trying to argue with his posts ... For real they wer awesome thank you sir needed some humor tonight

Unbison. Bigundies. Living in perfect harmony.

gotts
05-13-2015, 03:46 AM
This is what you get with an interim ad. Thanks Prakash.

Is this still a thing? Honestly people, if you don't think Gene Taylor did 99% of the work on getting these games, then I've got some ocean-front property in North Dakota to sell you.

thebigund
05-13-2015, 03:56 AM
Can't wait for the defensive analysis. It'll be interesting to see if the big undies can stop jacking off to his poster of Will Ratelle long enough to finish it.

I have more than one thank you very little.

NDSU92
05-13-2015, 04:04 AM
Looks like ya got some fish on the line there Undies. Bravo

southcliffbison
05-13-2015, 04:19 AM
yo, undies, please stop now; forget the defensive analysis; defense is not allowed in the Pig Sty Conference.

thebigund
05-13-2015, 05:12 AM
yo, undies, please stop now; forget the defensive analysis; defense is not allowed in the Pig Sty Conference.

I would advise you to stand down private, this is out of your league. Sit back and take notes.

thebigund
05-13-2015, 06:07 AM
Everyone knows that NDSUs offense will be stronger than UNDs this season, it's no surprise to anyone. On the defensive side of the ball however, UND has put together probably the most improved defense in the country. NDSU, on the other hand, has lost basically the entire core of the stout defense that led them to 4 consecutive titles. Last year wasn't the year you guys lost too much, that is this year. You replace a ton of proven tough smart winners with a lot of unproven but athletic players. I realize that at one point Olson and Beck and everyone else that anchored your team for years were all unproven at first but it's rare for lightning to strike twice in a row but you never know I guess.

Anyway, DE: Let's just start by saying NDSU lost the best defensive player in the nation. He was drafted, he was a monster, I'm happy he graduated, good riddance. Also the loss of the unheralded Mike Hardie will hurt as he was very solid. Filling the rather large shoes of Emanuel, or at least trying to will be a collection of talented but mostly unproven players. Greg Menard was a guy that I really wanted at UND, he would have made a very nice OLB in our 3-4. He's a little undersized but has an elite burst off the ball. If he gets strong enough he could put up some big sack numbers. Brad Ambrosius is another talented guy, apparently he's a JR but it seems as if he just got to NDSU. He's got prototypical size but has pretty underwhelming number so far. I'm sure they'll get a big bump this year though since Emmanuel won't be hogging all the sacks and tfls. There are some other names that are vaguely familiar from recruiting but I know nothing about them so many Burgundie can fill us in on how they declined B1G offers to be a winner at NDSU.

Meanwhile at UND, two tfr DEs made major contributions. Brandon Dranka is a stud. He had a really good tfr year with 10.5 tfl and 3.5 sacks despite only starting the final 3 games. Pretty good number in a 3-4 scheme for a tfr. His tfr counterpart Drew Greeley also turned some heads last season with 3 sacks and good gap control. Dranka in particular looks to be a special player. He's got a very good burst and most importantly has a really good ability to turn the corner which is key. Both guys have beefed up and will be the cornerstones of the UND defense for the next 3 years. Throw in tough as nails Alec Carrothers and some youngsters and the DL should be pretty solid. UND won't be able to replace the size of mammoth 290 lb DE/DT Spencer Cummings, but they replace him with quicker players which I always prefer. ND kid Austin Cieslak seems to have found a home at DE this spring and may add the size needed against the run at 6'4" 280lbs. He's a bit raw still and may not quite be ready.

UND's DEs are not quite there. They will be solid but not great, perhaps that will come eventually. I also wouldn't be surprised to see more tfr playing next year. NDSU on the other hand is replacing a ton of production and toughness with very good talent that is a little more proven.

Advantage: NDSU but not by a whole lot, both groups of DEs have a lot to prove.

DT: Jordan Hinojosa transfered to UND from teh Gophers and made an immediate impact. He's got the best hair on the team and plays as if it's on fire. He's not the biggest DT for a 3-4 at 6'3" 280 lbs but he is strong as an ox and supremely explosive off the ball. He also has the speed to move outside to DE to beef up the DL. Tank Harris is a rfr to watch, he should be in the rotation next year and brings some serious beef at 6'3" and over 300lbs. It's yet to be seen how he handles his first season of D1 football but he's got a nice set of physical tools and was pushing for playing time last year as a tfr. Also look for a tfr to be in the mix here, Steve Greer is built like a horse and looks like he might not need a rs year in the weight room to be ready.

Brian Shaetz is a human wrecking ball. He could consider a career as a human jaws of life if being a dairy farmer falls through. If his knees hold up he will continue to be one of the most underrated defensive players in the nation. He is a stud, no doubt and probably smells like yogurt which would make him tough to block all game long. Now that Nathan Tanguay is something special, he's going places. Seriously he's damn good and built like a horse. He had similar numbers to Dranka as a fr and even though he had a rs year on Dranka it's still doubly impressive coming from the DT spot. He might end up being your best DT since that one dude with the sideburns a while back. Now that guy was a tank. Is Austin Farnlof ever going to make good on his hype that he came in with? He was highly touted and has had bad knees and not much in the way of production. Those are all the names I actually know, feel free to add names as before.

Anyway DT will probably be the strength of the NDSU defense and is probably where they lost the least and only gain another year of experience. UND is a year away at this spot.

Advantage NDSU, for now.... and probably next year.

LB: I've been licking my chops for this one fasten your seat belts pussies. NDSU lost two all time greats and one very solid player. There is no replacing Travis Beck. He had a knack for making plays and instincts that you can't teach. He also has a level of toughness that is beyond mere mortals. His athleticism is also something that can't be replaced. He was so good in coverage it was stupid. You also can't replace Carlton Littlejohn. He was unreal in coverage just like Beck. He also could lower the boom on people and stop the run. These two were a real pleasure to watch. Thorton wasn't too bad either. So how does a team replace all its LBs? For starters having Nick The Terminator DeLuca on your team is a nice help. He's big as hell, he's fast, he's an athlete. I wanted him at UND bad. Im not sure how he ended up in the FCS but he's going to murder everything he sees over the next two seasons. He'll be over 100 tackles for sure and I wouldn't be surprised if he was drafted. I'm a fan of his. So 1/3 of your LB corps is going to be great, what about the other two spots? So much talent and so little production. I think this is going to be the first spot where you guys notice the "drop off" that everyone wanted to think would happen last season. I don't care how talented you thought PGT Plank Stumph and Liekus were but they are not on the level that you've become accustomed to at LB. They just aren't as good. They're not bums by any means but they just don't seem to have it or they would have shown it already. Two of these guys need to step up and be the guy along side DeLuca, or he could just play all three spots and you could throw two extra safeties on the field, HE'S THAT GOOD BURGUNDIES!

thebigund
05-13-2015, 06:08 AM
Now UND has a different situation on hand, they return everyone. Everyone from a unit that led a top 5 rushing attack and was top 5 in tfl, which is impressive since they don't run the ball in the Big Sky giving them fewer cracks at tfls. Or does that not make sense because it's UN_ after all? Well Bubba and Schmidt brought the D back to UND and it's John Holmes like, for the record Mussmans D was like a clams nose, it may be short but it sure is skinny. Anyway, I'm already nursing a semi, lets get on with it. At OLB Brian Labatt had himself a nice little coming out party, he had 12 tfl and 2.5 sacks along with 49 tackles in his SO year. Not bad for his first year of actual playing time. He was a nightmare to block on outside rushing plays and knifed into the backfield on 3rd downs to disrupt the timing of passing plays. He's got great size too at 6'3" 235 lbs to go along with his athleticism. On the other side we have Dayo Idowu (pronounced E-Do) who is a converted safety and a bit of a tweener. He's got good coverage skills at LB and also is very good at rushing around the end and getting to the QB, he also had a nice year with 61 tackles 9 tfl 3.5 sacks and some ff pbu int stuff on the side. Jake Disterhaupt is also a converted safety and has been pushing Dayo this spring to the point that he may start. He came on strong late last year finishing his rfr year with 34 tackles 7 tfl and 3 sacks. He's our best OLB in coverage and will be a huge asset on third downs next year. MLB Taj Rich really turned his career around this past season, he was almost off the team at one point before recommitting himself and making good on his talent. He responded with a really good SO season where he totaled 82 tackles and 11 tfl. He is a stout young LB at 6'1" 240 lbs and will only get better. And then there was Will Rattelle who carved himself out of a block of granite. He's not the tallest LB but he is literally built like a He-Man action figure. He's 5'11" and a mere 258 lbs. Oh by the way he also ran a laser timed 4.51 40. He also did this in the weight room...
https://youtu.be/csCLEWM7Wb0 and this....
https://youtu.be/kUFD7SJeEVU He also led the team with 105 tackles along with 5 tfl. He's also very good in coverage and freakishly quick for his size. If there is one player on UNDs team to watch on Sept 19th it is this guy. He's a freak. He'll probably rack up around 290 tackles next year and get drafted by the Raiders in the second round.

Basically UND is stacked as fuck at LB this year and you guys aren't anymore. I only wish we could see a Rattle vs DeLuca battle but they play on the same side of the ball.... maybe they'll find each other at midfield during one of the many bench clearing brawls.

Advantage: Rattelle

CB:UND has been searching for CBs for years. Up until last year they acted more like end zone valets than anything. Then Bubs brought in some good young players and they weren't great by any means but they were a massive upgrade. He also took one of Mussmans worthless CBs and turned him into a solid one. Chris Brown used to be a hapless tiny CB until Bubba coached him up, he transformed into a decent player and had a huge pick 6 against Montana last season. I don't have the highest expectations for him next year but he'll do about as good as an athletic Garry Coleman. We also have a young JUCO cb Charles Flowers with decent size who redshirted last season and will only be a soph. He had a good winter but still doesn't seem to be ready which is obviously not a great sign for his future. Chris Carter is a well built young corner, 5'10" 195 and was pretty decent as a true fr in a league with elite skill players. He should develop into a solid player. Now Deion Harris is the one guy that we currently have at CB that could end up being great. He's a lanky 6'3" and has elite ball skills. As he develops he will be a stud.

NDSU returns stud CB CJ Smith who has had two very good seasons so far at NDSU. He is the dude for NDSU in the secondary and has cat like quickness. Jordan Champion really stepped up last year. He had really good stats and was beyond solid in coverage. For a smaller guy he really plays big. These two give NDSU a really really good duo. I'm not sure who the other guys are on the roster but I'm sure they're future all americans.

UND is headed in the right direction at this position but still has a lot of work to do. They're probably 1 and maybe 2 years away from being strong here. NDSU has been great at this position for a few years now. They have proven experience and there is no greater commodity on a football team.

Advantage: NDSU, once again I can't even joke about this position at this point.

Safety: NDSU has lost a legendary duo at safety. The combination of Dudzik and Heagle will go down in Byson lore as one of the best of all time. Neither guy had crazy measurable but they were both incredibly instinctual players and both tough as nails. Both of these guys were integral parts of those all time great NDSU defenses, and now they're gone. Well I've been hearing you guys drool over Chris Board and his size, "Oh Chris you're soooo big!" - NDSU1980. He really does have good size but does he have "it"? Eagle had "it" and could lay the wood. It's unrealistic to expect Board to be him. He hasn't been relied upon enough to know how good he is yet so the jury is still out, but not on his size. Tre Dempsey seems like a pretty good option for you guys at FS. He's a little small but possesses great quickness and good ball skills. I liked his film out of HS and he had a decent year last season to back it up. Hopefully he's beefed up to be able to handle the full season as a starter. I'm not sure about the other schmucks on your roster listed at safety feel free to fill me in.

UND has one very bright spot in the secondary, and it's caused by SS Cole Reyes. He was a beast as a rfr last season and had a great winter. He's now 6'2" and 225 lbs. He's got a knack for making plays and can really hit. He had 59 tackles and 5 tfl as a fr, thats damn good considering he missed two games with an injury. He is the future of the UND defense and is the safety we've been looking for for years. Ironically he's a Mussman recruit, must have offered him on accident. One of my personal favorites on the team is "The Swedish Missile" William "Vanilla Thunder" James. Hey NDSU1980, he's from Sweden. He's a physical run stopping safety who quietly compiled 44 tackles last year. At the very least he's a solid depth guy and special teamer extortioner. We apparently are counting on one of a few JUCO guys to step up at FS, I don't like the sound of it and can say that none of them won the job in the spring which is never a good thing. I just hope that whoever wins the job isn't a liability. As a side note, we had our free safety spot locked down by a tr fr two seasons ago and he was the best player on the defense that year. Unfortunately he had to retire due to a freak neck injury he suffered, kind of a Any Given Sunday Situation. Still looking for that next guy.

This one may be the hardest one to call, UND has Reyes who is a stud and NDSU has Dempsy who was pretty good and Board who is "so big".

Advantage: UND, Reyes wins

It will be very interesting to see how each defense develops over the season. There are a lot of guys who need to step up for each team. There are also a lot of guys who need to build on their success from last year.

ndsubison1
05-13-2015, 07:27 AM

i have no idea how he gets under ppl skins. hes better than chapo and pl :cool:

ndsubison1
05-13-2015, 07:29 AM
The only thing _ND is better at than NDSU as pertains to football is.....let me see.....FRICKIN NOTHING!!

making social media posters. expect another one if they keep it within 30 #MoralVictories

ndsubison1
05-13-2015, 07:32 AM

Jeff Illies. Ginger to Ginger connection. You heard it here first.

BisonCardinal
05-13-2015, 12:17 PM
Even when ndsu wins by 35, it'll be a loss. That's where we stand between the two programs.

Just stupid to give in and sign the game off.

If und somehow pulls off the impossible, you can erase the last 5 years of success

MN, have to disagree with you here. If UND somehow pulls off a win, it will sting til about Sun night, than come Mon morning, everything will be okay. Much like the Indiana State game in 2012, life will move on. The last 5 years will NOT be erased if we lose.

tjbison
05-13-2015, 12:22 PM
MN, have to disagree with you here. If UND somehow pulls off a win, it will sting til about Sun night, than come Mon morning, everything will be okay. Much like the Indiana State game in 2012, life will move on. The last 5 years will NOT be erased if we lose.

if we were to lose, you bet your ass the last 5 yrs image would be tarnished, all those UND fans that only care about hockey will all of a sudden be FB fans, the Forum after they clean the walls and floor will run front page stories for 2 weeks, and UND will pimp the we are back crap all over

it won't happen but if you think it would not affect the state I believe you are wrong, now it can never erase what NDSU has accomplished but it wouldn't help

scottietohottie
05-13-2015, 12:28 PM
You forget that winning to a Bison fan means scoring more points then the other team. Winning to bubba and the boys will be just pulling off a couple cheap shot late hit dirty plays for a moral victory. It's called toe to toe in gf.

BYZEN
05-13-2015, 12:38 PM
if we were to lose, you bet your ass the last 5 yrs image would be tarnished, all those UND fans that only care about hockey will all of a sudden be FB fans, the Forum after they clean the walls and floor will run front page stories for 2 weeks, and UND will pimp the we are back crap all over

it won't happen but if you think it would not affect the state I believe you are wrong, now it can never erase what NDSU has accomplished but it wouldn't help

I believe that the Forum, one of the biggest supporters of bringing back this game, would keep bringing up a UN_ win for years, (think nickel stories still coming up).

tjbison
05-13-2015, 01:05 PM
I believe that the Forum, one of the biggest supporters of bringing back this game, would keep bringing up a UN_ win for years, (think nickel stories still coming up).

it's going to be unbearable enough the week leading up to the game on local radio and print media.....might have to just go into seclusion and radio silence that week

MNLonghorn10
05-13-2015, 01:10 PM
Sunday night/Monday morning? Of September 2016?

NDSUBowler
05-13-2015, 01:26 PM
Now UND has a different situation on hand, they return everyone. Everyone from a unit that led a top 5 rushing attack and was top 5 in tfl, which is impressive since they don't run the ball in the Big Sky giving them fewer cracks at tfls. Or does that not make sense because it's UN_ after all? Well Bubba and Schmidt brought the D back to UND and it's John Holmes like, for the record Mussmans D was like a clams nose, it may be short but it sure is skinny. Anyway, I'm already nursing a semi, lets get on with it. At OLB Brian Labatt had himself a nice little coming out party, he had 12 tfl and 2.5 sacks along with 49 tackles in his SO year. Not bad for his first year of actual playing time. He was a nightmare to block on outside rushing plays and knifed into the backfield on 3rd downs to disrupt the timing of passing plays. He's got great size too at 6'3" 235 lbs to go along with his athleticism. On the other side we have Dayo Idowu (pronounced E-Do) who is a converted safety and a bit of a tweener. He's got good coverage skills at LB and also is very good at rushing around the end and getting to the QB, he also had a nice year with 61 tackles 9 tfl 3.5 sacks and some ff pbu int stuff on the side. Jake Disterhaupt is also a converted safety and has been pushing Dayo this spring to the point that he may start. He came on strong late last year finishing his rfr year with 34 tackles 7 tfl and 3 sacks. He's our best OLB in coverage and will be a huge asset on third downs next year. MLB Taj Rich really turned his career around this past season, he was almost off the team at one point before recommitting himself and making good on his talent. He responded with a really good SO season where he totaled 82 tackles and 11 tfl. He is a stout young LB at 6'1" 240 lbs and will only get better. And then there was Will Rattelle who carved himself out of a block of granite. He's not the tallest LB but he is literally built like a He-Man action figure. He's 5'11" and a mere 258 lbs. Oh by the way he also ran a laser timed 4.51 40. He also did this in the weight room...
https://youtu.be/csCLEWM7Wb0 and this....
https://youtu.be/kUFD7SJeEVU He also led the team with 105 tackles along with 5 tfl. He's also very good in coverage and freakishly quick for his size. If there is one player on UNDs team to watch on Sept 19th it is this guy. He's a freak. He'll probably rack up around 290 tackles next year and get drafted by the Raiders in the second round.

Basically UND is stacked as fuck at LB this year and you guys aren't anymore. I only wish we could see a Rattle vs DeLuca battle but they play on the same side of the ball.... maybe they'll find each other at midfield during one of the many bench clearing brawls.

Advantage: Rattelle

CB:UND has been searching for CBs for years. Up until last year they acted more like end zone valets than anything. Then Bubs brought in some good young players and they weren't great by any means but they were a massive upgrade. He also took one of Mussmans worthless CBs and turned him into a solid one. Chris Brown used to be a hapless tiny CB until Bubba coached him up, he transformed into a decent player and had a huge pick 6 against Montana last season. I don't have the highest expectations for him next year but he'll do about as good as an athletic Garry Coleman. We also have a young JUCO cb Charles Flowers with decent size who redshirted last season and will only be a soph. He had a good winter but still doesn't seem to be ready which is obviously not a great sign for his future. Chris Carter is a well built young corner, 5'10" 195 and was pretty decent as a true fr in a league with elite skill players. He should develop into a solid player. Now Deion Harris is the one guy that we currently have at CB that could end up being great. He's a lanky 6'3" and has elite ball skills. As he develops he will be a stud.

NDSU returns stud CB CJ Smith who has had two very good seasons so far at NDSU. He is the dude for NDSU in the secondary and has cat like quickness. Jordan Champion really stepped up last year. He had really good stats and was beyond solid in coverage. For a smaller guy he really plays big. These two give NDSU a really really good duo. I'm not sure who the other guys are on the roster but I'm sure they're future all americans.

UND is headed in the right direction at this position but still has a lot of work to do. They're probably 1 and maybe 2 years away from being strong here. NDSU has been great at this position for a few years now. They have proven experience and there is no greater commodity on a football team.

Advantage: NDSU, once again I can't even joke about this position at this point.

Safety: NDSU has lost a legendary duo at safety. The combination of Dudzik and Heagle will go down in Byson lore as one of the best of all time. Neither guy had crazy measurable but they were both incredibly instinctual players and both tough as nails. Both of these guys were integral parts of those all time great NDSU defenses, and now they're gone. Well I've been hearing you guys drool over Chris Board and his size, "Oh Chris you're soooo big!" - NDSU1980. He really does have good size but does he have "it"? Eagle had "it" and could lay the wood. It's unrealistic to expect Board to be him. He hasn't been relied upon enough to know how good he is yet so the jury is still out, but not on his size. Tre Dempsey seems like a pretty good option for you guys at FS. He's a little small but possesses great quickness and good ball skills. I liked his film out of HS and he had a decent year last season to back it up. Hopefully he's beefed up to be able to handle the full season as a starter. I'm not sure about the other schmucks on your roster listed at safety feel free to fill me in.

UND has one very bright spot in the secondary, and it's caused by SS Cole Reyes. He was a beast as a rfr last season and had a great winter. He's now 6'2" and 225 lbs. He's got a knack for making plays and can really hit. He had 59 tackles and 5 tfl as a fr, thats damn good considering he missed two games with an injury. He is the future of the UND defense and is the safety we've been looking for for years. Ironically he's a Mussman recruit, must have offered him on accident. One of my personal favorites on the team is "The Swedish Missile" William "Vanilla Thunder" James. Hey NDSU1980, he's from Sweden. He's a physical run stopping safety who quietly compiled 44 tackles last year. At the very least he's a solid depth guy and special teamer extortioner. We apparently are counting on one of a few JUCO guys to step up at FS, I don't like the sound of it and can say that none of them won the job in the spring which is never a good thing. I just hope that whoever wins the job isn't a liability. As a side note, we had our free safety spot locked down by a tr fr two seasons ago and he was the best player on the defense that year. Unfortunately he had to retire due to a freak neck injury he suffered, kind of a Any Given Sunday Situation. Still looking for that next guy.

This one may be the hardest one to call, UND has Reyes who is a stud and NDSU has Dempsy who was pretty good and Board who is "so big".

Advantage: UND, Reyes wins

It will be very interesting to see how each defense develops over the season. There are a lot of guys who need to step up for each team. There are also a lot of guys who need to build on their success from last year.
http://media3.giphy.com/media/MRLc0oJPeTcIw/giphy.gif

https://media2.giphy.com/media/vysUmffUa9o4g/200.gif

cbline
05-13-2015, 01:54 PM
My biggest laugh (out of many) was the conclusion that Bubba is a better coach than Kleiman because un_ showed improvement over the 2013 season while NDSU supposedly did not. It's called "Regression to the Mean", my friend. un_ sucked so bad that they had nowhere to go but up. NDSU had an unbelievable/historic/dominant 2013 season, and it was impossible to improve on that.

TransAmBison
05-13-2015, 02:02 PM
I fear there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth this season as the fans on here fret over what has happened to our defense. This will most likely be the poorest defense we have had in a fair number of years. This doesn't mean they will be bad, but I don't believe they will be near as good as last year...and last year's defense wasn't near as good as the previous year.

Bigundies had some good humor...but laced in those jokes were threads of truth...which is what made it so good.

BYZEN
05-13-2015, 02:59 PM
I fear there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth this season as the fans on here fret over what has happened to our defense. This will most likely be the poorest defense we have had in a fair number of years. This doesn't mean they will be bad, but I don't believe they will be near as good as last year...and last year's defense wasn't near as good as the previous year.

Bigundies had some good humor...but laced in those jokes were threads of truth...which is what made it so good.

Laced, as in what was laced in with the weed he was smoking when he came up with the title to this thread? :biggrin:

TransAmBison
05-13-2015, 03:10 PM
Laced, as in what was laced in with the weed he was smoking when he came up with the title to this thread? :biggrin:Yes laced...I did not say full of truths. But I do agree...anybody who is a fan of teh flagshi# must be on something.

ZHerd
05-13-2015, 04:01 PM

No way. If that were to happen it wouldn't go away all year...maybe longer. It would be like walking around with dried cat crap plastered on your shoes stenching things up wherever you went.

ZHerd
05-13-2015, 04:06 PM

As for our defense, people better just brace themselves and get ready. As much as we struggled in the playoffs with some stud players we could flat suck this next year. I hope our guys prove this fear wrong. Also, twice this past year, both at the beginning of the season and afterwards, our D coordinator mentioned how much he learned from the players. Maybe it shouldn't but that scared me both times I heard it.

Bison Loaf
05-13-2015, 04:31 PM
As for our defense, people better just brace themselves and get ready. As much as we struggled in the playoffs with some stud players we could flat suck this next year. I hope our guys prove this fear wrong. Also, twice this past year, both at the beginning of the season and afterwards, our D coordinator mentioned how much he learned from the players. Maybe it shouldn't but that scared me both times I heard it.

Meh........I think I heard the same thing about the offense, and the overall loss of 24 seniors, last year. So, I'm not skurrred. But one of these years, all the "glass half-empty" fans are going to be right. :) And then their "I-told-you-so's" are going to be so very sweet!

What I'm scared of is.............uh, what's his name again?.............oh ya................. Will Ratelle! In 4 years of championships and a 58-3 record............we have not come close to seeing a player of his caliber.

ZHerd
05-13-2015, 04:38 PM
Meh........I think I heard the same thing about the offense, and the overall loss of 24 seniors, last year. So, I'm not skurrred. But one of these years, all the "glass half-empty" fans are going to be right. :) And then their "I-told-you-so's" are going to so very sweet!

What I'm scared of is.............uh, what's his name again?.............oh ya................. Will Ratelle! In 4 years of championships and a 58-3 record............we have not come close to seeing a player of his caliber.

The only playoff game my hyper cautious antennae were wrong on was Sam Houston (which I expected a nail biter) All the others I expected close wins or a loss. I'll be glad if my hunch regarding our 2015 defense is wrong but Im approaching with very low expectations

BadlandsBison
05-13-2015, 04:44 PM
I think instilling pessimism or provoking rage might be the goal here

southcliffbison
05-13-2015, 04:46 PM
I would advise you to stand down private, this is out of your league. Sit back and LAUGh.

FYP. Can't wait for the sequel. Are you doing special teams, too ? How about comparing bus service, laundry detergent ...........

EC8CH
05-13-2015, 04:55 PM
FYP. Can't wait for the sequel. Are you doing special teams, too ? How about comparing bus service, laundry detergent ...........

or the merits of the two teams nicknames?

GRAFTONBISON
05-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Fan support?

StL Bison Fan
05-13-2015, 05:02 PM
Also, BWW capacity, tailgate attendance, decibels inside during game, whining decibels when they find out that seats aren't 50.00, or even available...

Vet70
05-13-2015, 05:03 PM

National Championships? Is 12>1?

THEsocalledfan
05-13-2015, 05:09 PM
Have to agree with TAB; UNDies is one of the best posters on this board. Don't believe me? Let me remind you he started the official shit on UN_ thread....

Tony Almeida
05-13-2015, 05:17 PM
I think their defense may surprise some on here that think it's going to be a blow out...

TransAmBison
05-13-2015, 05:44 PM
Have to agree with TAB; UNDies is one of the best posters on this board. Don't believe me? Let me remind you he started the official shit on UN_ thread....By creating that thread and generating the volume of posts he successfully undermined everything that El Chapo stands for as related to teh hockey team's home base that must not be named.

Bison Loaf
05-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Have to agree with TAB; UNDies is one of the best posters on this board. Don't believe me? Let me remind you he started the official shit on UN_ thread....

What is funny to me is that if a Bisonviller would have wrote this analysis, 95% of us would be ripping him a new asshole. Yet when a Whiouxviller writes it, he's a great poster. :facepalm:

Talk about a twilight zone!

Tony Almeida
05-13-2015, 05:56 PM
What is funny to me is that if a Bisonviller would have wrote this analysis, 95% of us would be ripping him a new asshole. Yet when a Whiouxviller writes it, he's a great poster. :facepalm:

Never thought of it but I think you may be...right. Check positive rep.

Vet70
05-13-2015, 06:01 PM

Reading his posts can be great entertainment, not necessarily to be taken all that seriously---besides, sometimes all of BV is a twilight zone.

TransAmBison
05-13-2015, 06:04 PM

Talk about a twilight zone!It is funny because it is a schtick...he is intelligent...and there is a clever mix of truth, hyperbole, humor, and wishful thinking. Some of the lines are even blurred so we don't know for sure if he is serious or joking. He has had many good posts on Bisonville, he takes a beating here and smiles the whole time, and plenty of his shots go over the heads of some people here. I respect that. ]

And as for your statement...undies is a Bisonviller... :hide: And there is a difference if somebody was completely serious...then they would get ripped. To teh undies, getting ripped for his analysis would be a badge of honor.

Bison Loaf
05-13-2015, 06:20 PM
And as for your statement...undies is a Bisonviller... :hide:

..............as is bigdaddykane............no? With his own 'schtick' too, yes?

BisonNation11
05-13-2015, 06:28 PM
If you haven't figured out the bigun_ies objective on this board yet, you MIGHT be taking life just a little too seriously. That or you're sitting on a "schtick"

KilldeerBison
05-13-2015, 06:31 PM
Considering, how much credence to give the big undies for his whioux vs Bison comparisons, I only need to look back at his opinions and projections from previous years. IMO a monkey could have been as accurate. This guy is a pioux homer trying to "attach at the hip" his mediocre program to the Bison. However, I do appreciate some of his humor. Also, I'm wondering if he is planning on attending the game/tailgating this year at the Dome?

southcliffbison
05-13-2015, 06:41 PM

Undies knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of both teams is quite good ( he must have watched a lot of film of both teams) which leads me to the conclusion that ..............UNDIES IS ACTUALLY BUBBA !!!!!

Bisonator98
05-13-2015, 06:42 PM
There is no doubt that UND (yes they have a defense now:)) is not the complete and utter disaster they were just a couple years ago but I'm still not ready to pencil them into the middle of the big fluffy. Look at their game against Missery State last season and compare that with our game, it's not even close. Will it be closer then some think? Maybe but I have my doubts.

TransAmBison
05-13-2015, 06:46 PM
..............as is bigdaddykane............no? With his own 'schtick' too, yes?bigdaddykane had no humor about him...he was merely a pompous teenage troll. He got what was coming to him.

Bison Loaf
05-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Undies knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of both teams is quite good ( he must have watched a lot of film of both teams) which leads me to the conclusion that ..............UNDIES IS ACTUALLY BUBBA !!!!!

Except at tight end, linebacker and safety, of course. :biggrin: Other than those, he's pretty much spot on!

And, as I've said, I really like the FargoLoaf reference for some reason, but this 'schtick' up my ass is causing me not to enjoy it fully! :)

Bison Loaf
05-13-2015, 06:53 PM
bigdaddykane had no humor about him...he was merely a pompous teenage troll. He got what was coming to him.

Agreed. And what about Chapo?

Snowgoose
05-13-2015, 07:01 PM
I really enjoy BigUndies schtick. It has lots of knowledge and entertainment and I actually enjoy it.

I am actually one that after watching the spring scrimmage I am really worried about our safeties and our overall pass coverage. Yes, I know defensive people were out for that scrimmage, but so were people on offense.

I don't believe this game will be a blowout. See Weber State for an example last year. You also never know what can happen in a rivalry game.

tony
05-13-2015, 07:15 PM
Great couple of posts from thebigund​.

THEsocalledfan
05-13-2015, 07:19 PM
And as for your statement...undies is a Bisonviller... :hide: And there is a difference if somebody was completely serious...then they would get ripped. To teh undies, getting ripped for his analysis would be a badge of honor.

Yep, you nailed it TAB which is a big reason I am a fan of his. I think part of the reason he posts here is he can be honest on where he feels UN_ is at, even if he is mixing in some of his humor. He posts half the stuff he did here on the Hitler Youth Board, he would have his ass cleaned better than the best proctologist. You should see what they did to FightingWhiouxforlife when he suggested that either UND get serious about non-hockey sports, or return to d2.......

thebigund
05-13-2015, 07:31 PM
There is no doubt that UND (yes they have a defense now:)) is not the complete and utter disaster they were just a couple years ago but I'm still not ready to pencil them into the middle of the big fluffy. Look at their game against Missery State last season and compare that with our game, it's not even close. Will it be closer then some think? Maybe but I have my doubts.
In all seriousness I've never seen a team improve so much in one season as UND did last year. And that was with 2 QBs going out for the year in the same game and losing the top two rbs. We're about 3 players away from having a scary defense. Our offense has a guy here and a guy there but is still basically in shambles.

Bison03
05-13-2015, 07:34 PM
"You replace a ton of proven tough smart winners with a lot of unproven but athletic players."

When have I heard that before.....oh yeah, last freakin' year!!!!! But all last year's team did was beat another Big 12 team, win the conference, go 15-1, and win another national championship.

Also, how can anyone talk up a defense and say they were one of most improved defense in the FCS when they gave up 26 ppg including giving up 34 ppg in games they lost. I guess they did improve from giving up 33 ppg in 2013. (FYI:NDSU gave up 14 ppg last year). If that's is a measure of a good defense...wow.

Trumpster
05-13-2015, 07:37 PM
In all seriousness I've never seen a team regress to the mean so much in one season as UND did last year. And that was with 2 QBs going out for the year in the same game and losing the top two rbs. We're about 3 players away from having a scary defense. Our offense has a guy here and a guy there but is still basically in shambles.

fify

hail hydra

Bison Loaf
05-13-2015, 07:48 PM
In all seriousness I've never seen a team improve so much in one season as UND did last year. And that was with 2 QBs going out for the year in the same game and losing the top two rbs. We're about 3 players away from having a scary defense. Our offense has a guy here and a guy there but is still basically in shambles.

Is this still part of the shtick?

TransAmBison
05-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Is this still part of the shtick?This is the hope part of the equation. But, I would tend to expect their defense to be better than last year. There was improvement last year and I can see why he would expect it to be better this year as well. Scary good? I have my doubts.

Bison Loaf
05-13-2015, 08:12 PM
This is the hope part of the equation. But, I would tend to expect their defense to be better than last year. There was improvement last year and I can see why he would expect it to be better this year as well. Scary good? I have my doubts.

I agree their "D" appears to have improved and should be better this year, but of course, that's comparing to themselves...............and the big fluffy rushing offenses.......... so we have to allow for that. :nod: The most important comparison is this 'improved" UND defense vs. the NDSU offense. As you said earlier in this thread, that's where we believe the real humor will come into play. I guess we'll know on Sept. 19th and I'm hoping to be laughing my ass off that day! :biggrin:

THEsocalledfan
05-13-2015, 08:18 PM

Serious question, UNDies. Let's say UND does great, and they progress. Hell, say they even managed to win the Big Fluffy within the next 3 years. Would UN_ step up to the plate and actually pay the Bubba a CK level salary?

Not in all trying to be insulting, but I must say when I've read about how little UN_ puts into sports not called hockey, I've found it a little shocking to say the least.

TransAmBison
05-13-2015, 08:27 PM
Serious question, UNDies. Let's say UND finds a magical unicorn that craps rainbows that have pots of gold at the end of them. Would UN_ step up to the plate and actually pay the Bubba a CK level salary?

Not in all trying to be insulting, but I must say when I've read about how little UN_ puts into sports not called hockey, I've found it a little shocking to say the least.To bring this post back closer to reality I took it upon myself to alter your post. I hope this makes sense because the original thought process was just too far from reality.

Bison Dan
05-13-2015, 08:30 PM
EWU. 53-3. Missouri State. 38-0 Lost to Weber A
State who was winless. No all conference players on 1 or second team. BSC didn't think much of them.

thebigund
05-13-2015, 08:31 PM
Serious question, UNDies. Let's say UND does great, and they progress. Hell, say they even managed to win the Big Fluffy within the next 3 years. Would UN_ step up to the plate and actually pay the Bubba a CK level salary?

Not in all trying to be insulting, but I must say when I've read about how little UN_ puts into sports not called hockey, I've found it a little shocking to say the least.
My brain says no. But Bubba does have huge support from the big time boosters and football alums with very deep pockets. These are the same people who hated Mussman and gave him no support. Maybe if we change ADs and University presidents it could happen. Kelley and Faison just don't seem to understand the type of revenue a successful football program can generate.

thebigund
05-13-2015, 08:32 PM
This is the hope part of the equation. But, I would tend to expect their defense to be better than last year. There was improvement last year and I can see why he would expect it to be better this year as well. Scary good? I have my doubts.

That's why I said 3 players away. There are still holes but it's not a sieve like it once was.

Bison Loaf
05-13-2015, 08:36 PM
EWU. 53-3. Missouri State. 38-0 Lost to Weber A
State who was winless. No all conference players on 1 or second team. BSC didn't think much of them.

WHAT!?!! Not even the great Ratelle!?!! Son-of-a bitch, I fell for all the hype again!!!

THEsocalledfan
05-13-2015, 08:49 PM
My brain says no. But Bubba does have huge support from the big time boosters and football alums with very deep pockets. These are the same people who hated Mussman and gave him no support. Maybe if we change ADs and University presidents it could happen. Kelley and Faison just don't seem to understand the type of revenue a successful football program can generate.

That matches my own thoughts and wanted to be sure it was not driven by my hatred of the flagship. I feel like you are in a catch 22, as if the Bubba does well, he will "Lennon" you.

Bison03
05-13-2015, 09:11 PM
WHAT!?!! Not even the great Ratelle!?!! Son-of-a bitch, I fell for all the hype again!!!

Is this what you are referring to? Because it make Queso pretty good!

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=JN.5GR7MiV7YUX1SAghciRcLQ&pid=1.1

Bison"FANatic"
05-13-2015, 09:33 PM

Womens Hockey is where it is at. After mens hockey that is where every extra penny should be put. #highestlevel #possiblechampionship

Don't go dabbling in the sports that use a ball they are just money pits.

In fact you may want to drop basketball and football so you can get the field HOCKEY team

BYZEN
05-13-2015, 09:45 PM
Womens Hockey is where it is at. After mens hockey that is where every extra penny should be put. #highestlevel #possiblechampionship

In fact you may want to drop basketball and football so you can get the field HOCKEY team

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/audience.gif#applause%20gif

BYZEN
05-13-2015, 09:58 PM
That's why I said 3 players away. There are still holes but it's not a sieve like it once was.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=JN.q6GJz9oSZJ/FZBVSNWlnuw&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=JN.cg4wftp6B7s1ILieDcX9qQ&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=JN.LNN77fRrdS7Svze%2bTLOmgQ&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0OOPS, how did that get in the sieve file???:biggrin:

Bison Loaf
05-13-2015, 10:05 PM

^^^^^^^^ :):)

But, I'm being serious here now, and I've said it before....................................D2 was/is the perfect place for them, because they could keep their D1 hockey and underfund the rest. And they knew it was the best place for them, too. They had no interest in moving, what-so-ever, and they admitted as much early on. But their huge "Jan Brady" complex when it comes to anything NDSU, especially athletics.........could not, would not and will not allow that to happen.

NDSU's move up (belated as it was) and UND's subsequent following of the leader, finally exposed their overall weakness to, reliance upon, and allegiance to, a single sport - hockey. The rest of their sports may have a good season here and there, but will consistently suffer over time.

Vet70
05-13-2015, 10:19 PM
^^^^^^^^ :):)

But, I'm being serious here now, and I've said it before....................................D2 was/is the perfect place for them, because they could keep their D1 hockey and underfund the rest. And they knew it was the best place for them, too. They had no interest in moving, what-so-ever, and they admitted as much early on. But their huge "Jan Brady" complex when it comes to anything NDSU, especially athletics.........could not, would not and will not allow that to happen.

NDSU's move up (belated as it was) and UND's subsequent following of the leader, finally exposed their overall weakness to, reliance upon, and allegiance to, a single sport - hockey. The rest of their sports may have a good season here and there, but will consistently suffer over time.

This Jan Brady?

http://www.resizemypicture.com/pictures//3135553cd5a8e02c1431555418.jpg

BYZEN
05-13-2015, 10:22 PM
This Jan Brady?

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=JN.00Q1%2bnJd3FAisFUYhDmAtQ&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0If only it had been this easy!!! NO PURPLE!

Bison Loaf
05-13-2015, 10:23 PM
This Jan Brady?

Exactly, my BV doppelganger!

(I hope Izzy knows what doppelganger means, or we're going have a few NC-17 posts thrown at us in the future :facepalm2:)

17>1
05-13-2015, 10:34 PM
National Championships? Is 12>1?

I heard my name called.

I'm really curious to see how our D plays out this year. Gotta believe Coach K and Entz will have these guys in situations to be successful as a unit.

Vet70
05-13-2015, 10:45 PM
I heard my name called.

I'm really curious to see how our D plays out this year. Gotta believe Coach K and Entz will have these guys in situations to be successful as a unit.

I was wondering where you were.

Tatanka
05-13-2015, 11:36 PM
Is this what you are referring to? Because it make Queso pretty good!

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=JN.5GR7MiV7YUX1SAghciRcLQ&pid=1.1

There's only one person here qualified to evaluate queso.

scottietohottie
05-13-2015, 11:47 PM
This Jan Brady?

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/screen-shot-2015-01-29-at-11-46-09-am.png?w=953

actually this is jan brady

BisoninNWMN
05-13-2015, 11:49 PM

This here.

Mr Meaty
05-13-2015, 11:52 PM
There is truth in what he says and it starts with the title of the thread. It will be a scrimmage. A game it will not be.

BisoninNWMN
05-13-2015, 11:56 PM
The Bison defense will have some early growing pains but will be a good unit.

Maybe not a unit that gives up only 10-12 points/game like the last 2-3 years but one that will still be very effective. Hell most teams would love to have a defense give up only 20-25 points/game. Even if the Bison backtracked to giving up 20 points/game, that is still a good defense.

tjbison
05-14-2015, 12:57 AM
these players NDSU has are top notch, second team would have started on most teams...key is playing together and getting used to the game

I think they will be fine, might stumble a few games but that's expected

BisonHorns
05-14-2015, 02:52 AM
Our coach knows defense. I will go out on a limb and say they still kick ass. I will double down and say multiple opponents leave the field for the day after taking a hit from Deluca. It will be like the Joe Mays days.

BisonFan02
05-14-2015, 02:55 AM

This. Their D's worst enemy is their own offense....its pretty offensive.....and hostile and abusive.

NDSU1980
05-14-2015, 03:05 AM
Beats me why we are getting so worked up over this game, which is exactly what geaux sioux wanted, of course. Over on the SS, no one gives un_ any chance of winning, not even geuax siouxs twin brother darell. Also, considering Massey says we win 100 out of 100 games, as long as we have our heads screwed on straight, we win big.

ndsubison1
05-14-2015, 03:25 AM
I really enjoy BigUndies schtick. It has lots of knowledge and entertainment and I actually enjoy it.

I am actually one that after watching the spring scrimmage I am really worried about our safeties and our overall pass coverage. Yes, I know defensive people were out for that scrimmage, but so were people on offense.

I don't believe this game will be a blowout. See Weber State for an example last year. You also never know what can happen in a rivalry game.

Its their Super Bowl. Their fans and admin have been waiting for this game for awhile. Our defense isnt going to be great. I dont think we are going to beat them 56-3 like everybody expects, 30-17 or something wouldnt shock me.

td577
05-14-2015, 02:42 PM
Even with a slight step back last year, NDSU was still statistically right in there with the past three years and still one of the best teams in the country in multiple categories.

UN_ gave up an average of 354 yards a game last year. NDSU gave up more than 354 yards once and won that game. NDSU was held to less than 354 yards total in one game, and that was to UNI. So basically, for UN_ to have a chance, they have to replicate the defense UNI played. In five of UN_s games last year, against defenses not quite as good as NDSU's, un_ couldn't even match the 14 NDSU gives up on average. NDSU gave up an average of 277 yards a game. UN_ surpassed 277 three times and lost two of them. They did have that impressive win against the ranked powerhouse Northern Arizona with probably their best offensive output of the year. 145 total yards against Stony Brook? Good God. When UN_ did play a MVFC team, they hung a big fat ZERO on them.

The fall NDSU will have to make will have to be in epic proportions combined with a similar rise by the no names for there to be any other consequence than a Bison convincing victory. In the past 4 years, 30-1 against ranked opponents vs 2-13 against ranked opponents and those 2 wins were against the #24 ranked teams in nail biters. There is no experience there in winning mediocre games, let alone games against top quality opponents. I get the original post was mostly tongue in cheek, but these two programs are so far apart right now, it isn't even funny. Well, not to the no namers. Coaching is close, preparation isn't close, expectations aren't even on the same planet, and NDSU has already proven talent is really about 5th on the list of tools needed to beat somebody even though that probably isn't very close either. The guys waiting to start have been playing against defending national champions every day for quite a while now. UN_ was stupid for wanting this game any time before they could consistently compete in their own conference which probably means it should never happen. It is going to be an embarrassment.

TransAmBison
05-14-2015, 02:53 PM
Even with a slight step back last year, NDSU was still statistically right in there with the past three years and still one of the best teams in the country in multiple categories.

UN_ gave up an average of 354 yards a game last year. NDSU gave up more than 354 yards once and won that game. NDSU was held to less than 354 yards total in one game, and that was to UNI. So basically, for UN_ to have a chance, they have to replicate the defense UNI played. In five of UN_s games last year, against defenses not quite as good as NDSU's, un_ couldn't even match the 14 NDSU gives up on average. NDSU gave up an average of 277 yards a game. UN_ surpassed 277 three times and lost two of them. They did have that impressive win against the ranked powerhouse Northern Arizona with probably their best offensive output of the year. 145 total yards against Stony Brook? Good God. When UN_ did play a MVFC team, they hung a big fat ZERO on them.

The fall NDSU will have to make will have to be in epic proportions combined with a similar rise by the no names for there to be any other consequence than a Bison convincing victory. In the past 4 years, 30-1 against ranked opponents vs 2-13 against ranked opponents and those 2 wins were against the #24 ranked teams in nail biters. There is no experience there in winning mediocre games, let alone games against top quality opponents. I get the original post was mostly tongue in cheek, but these two programs are so far apart right now, it isn't even funny. Well, not to the no namers. Coaching is close, preparation isn't close, expectations aren't even on the same planet, and NDSU has already proven talent is really about 5th on the list of tools needed to beat somebody even though that probably isn't very close either. The guys waiting to start have been playing against defending national champions every day for quite a while now. UN_ was stupid for wanting this game any time before they could consistently compete in their own conference which probably means it should never happen. It is going to be an embarrassment.Where's teh purple? :D

El_Chapo
05-14-2015, 03:32 PM
There's only one person here qualified to evaluate queso.

Its pretty runny , like his shorts. I wouldn't touch it, plus its made in El Paso? that aint Mexico!

Bison Loaf
05-14-2015, 03:57 PM

The fall NDSU will have to make will have to be in epic proportions combined with a similar rise by the no names for there to be any other consequence than a Bison convincing victory. In the past 4 years, 30-1 against ranked opponents vs 2-13 against ranked opponents and those 2 wins were against the #24 ranked teams in nail biters. There is no experience there in winning mediocre games, let alone games against top quality opponents. I get the original post was mostly tongue in cheek, but these two programs are so far apart right now, it isn't even funny. Well, not to the no namers. Coaching is close, preparation isn't close, expectations aren't even on the same planet, and NDSU has already proven talent is really about 5th on the list of tools needed to beat somebody even though that probably isn't very close either. The guys waiting to start have been playing against defending national champions every day for quite a while now. UN_ was stupid for wanting this game any time before they could consistently compete in their own conference which probably means it should never happen. It is going to be an embarrassment.

Um...yeah.......I'm going to have to go ahead and invalidate your post. You obviously put no thought into, nor made any allowance for, their unbelievable stable of Tight Ends (twss) and their All-Big Sky 3rd runner-up to an honorable mention caliber Linebacker corp. ........................And don't even get me started on the Safety's.

MNLonghorn10
05-14-2015, 04:10 PM
Its pretty runny , like his shorts. I wouldn't touch it, plus its made in El Paso? that aint Mexico!
iAy chapo welcome back! Happy belated cinco de mayo to from mi Familia tu yours!

Hope you're enjoying the off season!

Vet70
05-14-2015, 04:46 PM

I take it that you think we will probably win.

KilldeerBison
05-14-2015, 05:21 PM
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/phedger/roasted%20worm_zps0eyoruhq.jpg (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/phedger/media/roasted%20worm_zps0eyoruhq.jpg.html)

In honor of the millions of pioux fans, Bdubs will add; "turned once roasted worm", to their menu. To be served at the pioux tailgate area (back by the dumpsters).

Bison03
05-14-2015, 05:21 PM

http://media.giphy.com/media/13py6c5BSnBkic/giphy.gif

td577
05-14-2015, 06:15 PM
I take it that you think we will probably win.

A strong maybe.

Da Bison
05-15-2015, 12:01 PM
I'm going out on a limb here and making a prediction..............

The Bison defense will score more points than the un_ offense.

You heard it here first folks.

thebigund
05-15-2015, 02:37 PM
I'm going out on a limb here and making a prediction..............

The Bison defense will score more points than the un_ offense.

You heard it here first folks.
And yet they won't score as many points as the...... Vaunted UND Defense.

KilldeerBison
05-15-2015, 02:48 PM

Why must you always bring up the hockies, this is a football thread! Keep up.

Hammersmith
05-16-2015, 03:56 PM

NDSU 58 (8TD + 1Saf)
UND 7 (1 Pick6 or botched snap returned for TD)

I could see it.

BisonNation11
05-26-2015, 09:45 PM
Not sure where to put this so I'm putting it in a few places. Please people, don't order the black one...

http://www.ndsubookstore.com/MerchDetail.aspx?MerchID=1357216&num=0&start=1&end=10&type=1&CategoryName=Tees%20&%20Tops&CatID=1327&Name=Tees%20&%20Tops#.VWTow0oo6TM

And for the record, it disgusts me to see their logo on the same helmet as ours.

Trumpster
05-26-2015, 09:54 PM
Not sure where to put this so I'm putting it in a few places. Please people, don't order the black one...

http://www.ndsubookstore.com/MerchDetail.aspx?MerchID=1357216&num=0&start=1&end=10&type=1&CategoryName=Tees%20&%20Tops&CatID=1327&Name=Tees%20&%20Tops#.VWTow0oo6TM

And for the record, it disgusts me to see their logo on the same helmet as ours.

Is there a word for something that causes you to throw up in your mouth? cause I feel like there should be a word for this causing me to throw up in my mouth.

Hammersmith
05-26-2015, 09:55 PM

Ugg. Do you have to fail an IQ test in order to buy one?

aces1180
05-26-2015, 09:57 PM

Pathetic...

CaBisonFan
05-26-2015, 10:23 PM

And for the record, it disgusts me to see their logo on the same helmet as ours.I hope that their stock of these rots.

CAS4127
05-26-2015, 10:36 PM
What are we looking at? Link just goes to store for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CentennialBison
05-26-2015, 11:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QHXCpAg.png?1

BARF

Da Bison
05-26-2015, 11:20 PM
I think I'll take a pass on this one. Why would I want to, and I refuse to purchase anything with un_ on it?
Also. ........ that is one butt ugly design.

gumby013
05-26-2015, 11:28 PM
It would be like buying an Incarnate Word matchup shirt.

CAS4127
05-26-2015, 11:42 PM

BARF

Thanks (hard to say after seeing).

It may sell with Un_ fans but won't be in my closet.

gumby013
05-26-2015, 11:47 PM
Thanks (hard to say after seeing).

It may sell with Un_ fans but won't be in my closet.

Why would they buy a yellow shirt?

HerdBot
05-26-2015, 11:51 PM

BARF

Looks like teh hockies helmet or lacrosse

tjbison
05-26-2015, 11:54 PM
Why would they buy a yellow shirt?

there is a black one also...you know one of their adopted fake school colors up there in the wolfs lair

Hammersmith
05-27-2015, 12:08 AM
there is a black one also...you know one of their adopted fake school colors up there in the wolfs lair

Another GSMB idea for 9/19: Music from The Producers

NDSU1980
05-27-2015, 01:44 AM

Well if our school colors were green and pink, I'd want to adopt black also.

CAS4127
05-27-2015, 02:07 AM

And because shirt associates Un-(I like the hash mark because it impliedly ex's out the D, and it's easier to type in with iPhone!). Anytime they can do that, they will.

Tatanka
05-27-2015, 02:10 AM

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-31458-Jim-Carrey-disgust-puke-gif-Du-5Lr8.gif

http://i.imgur.com/kAlRu.gif

Tatanka
05-27-2015, 02:10 AM
I think I'll take a piss on this one. Why would I want to, and I refuse to purchase anything with un_ on it?
Also. ........ that is one butt ugly design.

Also acceptable.

Bisonator98
05-27-2015, 02:42 AM
Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired!

thebigund
05-27-2015, 03:16 AM
That shirt is gross. Also UND uses black facemasks, cmon man.

thebigund
05-27-2015, 04:46 AM
What's the Dakota Marker game shirt gonna look like this year?

Tatanka
05-27-2015, 12:20 PM

Um... Victory?

gumby013
05-27-2015, 12:41 PM

Like a half-completed stadium.

MNLonghorn10
05-27-2015, 12:43 PM
Let's call it a shirt out game. We all wear that shirt but color coordinate by sections. It'll be a fresh idea that nobody has ever done. And if it's successful we can do it for 6 other games this season alone!

Tatanka
05-27-2015, 01:00 PM
Let's call it a shirt out game. We all wear that shirt but color coordinate by sections. It'll be a fresh idea that nobody has ever done. And if it's successful we can do it for 6 other games this season alone!

I think you have a superfluous "r" in your first sentence.

BadlandsBison
05-27-2015, 01:06 PM
Haha. Careful who sees this, they might just roll with the idea

tony
05-27-2015, 01:37 PM
Another GSMB idea for 9/19: Music from The Producers

Didn't you have a .gif of the character getting pummeled for clapping for SPRINGTIME FOR HITLER? That's the internal reaction I have to that shirt.

That kind of bad taste is its own punishment.

Bison Loaf
05-27-2015, 01:39 PM
Assuming this is the brainchild of the NDSU Athletic and/or Marketing Departments, it's pretty scary to me that at least SOMEONE with decision making authority thinks that this game is a "big deal". :facepalm:

C'mon people, this is the 4-time defending champ against a Big Sky also-ran. ............................It's our powder puff game!
It would be just as effin' stupid and meaningless to put out a Weber State game shirt...............and they're the BETTER TEAM! :facepalm2:

Matt Larson, you need to nip this kind of thinking in your department, right now!! (OMG, they are even making me sound like Chapo now!)

td577
05-27-2015, 01:54 PM
Assuming this is the brainchild of the NDSU Athletic and/or Marketing Departments, it's pretty scary to me that at least SOMEONE with decision making authority thinks that this game is a "big deal". :facepalm:

C'mon people, this is the 4-time defending champ against a Big Sky also-ran. ............................It's our powder puff game!
It would be just as effin' stupid and meaningless to put out a Weber State game shirt...............and they're the BETTER TEAM! :facepalm2:

Matt Larson, you need to nip this kind of thinking in your department, right now!! (OMG, they are even making me sound like Chapo now!)

While there are a lot of new faces all over campus since the last time we played that school, someone should have had the balls to step out and say you can't do that.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Bison03
05-27-2015, 03:07 PM
Obviously they worked with und to make this shirt; they would have to in order so sell items with their name and logo. So who's to say it wasn't their idea. Either way, some people will buy it. But I agree that most won't. They hate us, we hate them. Why would I want anything with und or their logo on any of my clothing?! Maybe some will for nostalgic purpases but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that.

Bison4peat
05-27-2015, 05:27 PM
This is pretty high on the list of bad ideas.

Mr Meaty
05-27-2015, 05:31 PM
This is pretty high on the list of bad ideas.

Rank this idea right along with Scream Yellow campaign from a past.

Bison Loaf
05-27-2015, 05:52 PM
Obviously they worked with und to make this shirt; they would have to in order so sell items with their name and logo. So who's to say it wasn't their idea. Either way, some people will buy it. But I agree that most won't. They hate us, we hate them. Why would I want anything with und or their logo on any of my clothing?! Maybe some will for nostalgic purpases but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that.

Even if it was a Whioux idea, the top program in FCS football could have (and should have) simply responded with a firm, but respectful "No Thanks."

The whole reason behind getting down on your knees and taking this game (and the next one in 2019) from a UND perspective, is to create the perception (and perception only) that the two schools are peers on the football field. And now it appears someone at NDSU took the bait........................ hook, line and sinker. :sigpalm:

StL Bison Fan
05-27-2015, 05:52 PM
I have never purchased the ndsu/FBS game shirts. The only frisco shirt I bought was the throw another Bearkats on the grill shirt cause that one was too funny.
So I'm not going to start buying this kind stuff now. That said, I think whoever dreamed this up isn't located in Fargo.

Vet70
05-27-2015, 06:52 PM
Nothing like this shirt on the UN_ bookstore this morning---PS---tech experts---how do I delouse my computer?

IzzyFlexion
05-27-2015, 06:55 PM
I'll give Lakes 8 trillion dollars to wear that shirt............................................. ...........................................yeah... .................................................8 trillion.

Tatanka
05-27-2015, 06:59 PM
Nothing like this shirt on the UN_ bookstore this morning---PS---tech experts---how do I delouse my computer?

Better make sure you didn't pick up an inadvertent diploma.

Tatanka
05-27-2015, 07:01 PM
I'll give Lakes 8 trillion dollars to wear that shirt............................................. ...........................................yeah... .................................................8 trillion.

Hey now, that's Ed Belfour money (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/belfour-offered-cops-money/).

Bison Loaf
05-27-2015, 07:14 PM
And another thing, dammit!!!! ......................... :mad:........................ (I'm all fired up this morning over this!:blush:)!

Nobody and I mean, NOBODY.................so listen up, fanette and Vet :).............................gets into my tailgate this fall with one of these pieces of crap on their person!!

You'd have better luck just wearing straight UND gear (or gay UND gear, if you will), than you would wearing anything Bison mixed together with anything UND.

Bison03
05-27-2015, 07:28 PM
Another poster thinking that und fans will have some sort of presence in the tailgate lots.

"Was thinking of going as well. It would be nice if UND could setup a big tent for UND fans in the tailgate lot, and maybe even have some TVs in there. If I can't get a ticket to the game I would go and tailgate in the UND tent and watch the game from the parking lot. Guessing they would fill up a tent pretty quickly. Maybe they could even ask BWW across the street if they could be the official UND hangout."

So with only 500, maybe a few more, und fans at the game..how many of them will actually tailgate anyway? No way NDSU lets und have a tent reserved in the tailgate lot when we don't do that for any other team's fans. Im guessing there will be at most 2 groups that get in the lot. The rest will roll in right when the lots open like they do at the Alerus and will be out of luck. As far as hanging out and watching the game from the lot, they better check out the tailgating policy which doesn't allow that. And finally; thinking that BWW could be "official und hangout"...dream on. It's been discussed before. On NDSU gamedays, every bar and restaurant is taken over by Bison fans. I thought that the gap was huge between the two football teams, now I know the gap is just as huge as far as tailgating is concerned.

Vet70
05-27-2015, 07:48 PM
And another thing, dammit!!!! ......................... :mad:........................ (I'm all fired up this morning over this!:blush:)!

Nobody and I mean, NOBODY.................so listen up, fanette and Vet :).............................gets into my tailgate this fall with one of these pieces of crap on their person!!

You'd have better luck just wearing straight UND gear (or gay UND gear, if you will), than you would wearing anything Bison mixed together with anything UND.

Now I know that we don't know each other very well, but you should at least know that I wouldn't be caught dead in UND gear, let alone that piece of shit. Consider our friendship over. :mad:

Tatanka
05-27-2015, 07:52 PM
"Was thinking of going as well. It would be nice if UND could setup a big tent for UND fans in the tailgate lot, and maybe even have some TVs in there. If I can't get a ticket to the game I would go and tailgate in the UND tent and watch the game from the parking lot. Guessing they would fill up a tent pretty quickly. Maybe they could even ask BWW across the street if they could be the official UND hangout."

Oh, that's precious. Bless their dear little hearts.

tjbison
05-27-2015, 07:59 PM
Another poster thinking that und fans will have some sort of presence in the tailgate lots.

So with only 500, maybe a few more, und fans at the game..how many of them will actually tailgate anyway? No way NDSU lets und have a tent reserved in the tailgate lot when we don't do that for any other team's fans. Im guessing there will be at most 2 groups that get in the lot. The rest will roll in right when the lots open like they do at the Alerus and will be out of luck. As far as hanging out and watching the game from the lot, they better check out the tailgating policy which doesn't allow that. And finally; thinking that BWW could be "official und hangout"...dream on. It's been discussed before. On NDSU gamedays, every bar and restaurant is taken over by Bison fans. I thought that the gap was huge between the two football teams, now I know the gap is just as huge as far as tailgating is concerned.
Wish our tailgate lots were open during the game, one thing I still don't like is the closed door policy at halftime

Would be nice to get outside and liven up

But no they won't be allowed to stay, und fans will find places to watch, guessing those places should have extra security on hand as I guarantee there will be problems

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bison Loaf
05-27-2015, 08:00 PM
Now I know that we don't know each other very well, but you should at least know that I wouldn't be caught dead in UND gear, let alone that piece of shit. Consider our friendship over. :mad:

Just testing you. You passed, so far.

But...................there are a lot of temptations being placed out there. :) Izzy could target you next.

ndsubison1
05-27-2015, 08:14 PM

The game is a big deal and will be. Maybe wont have the same feeling of the past, but most of my Bison friends who live elsewhere have talked about this being the game they most want to go to. Not to mention we will want to stomp them.

StL Bison Fan
05-27-2015, 08:27 PM

You're welcome at ours, turn it inside out before you show up.

bisonmike2
05-27-2015, 08:39 PM
That shirt is horrible and who ever thought of it should feel bad.

bisonaudit
05-27-2015, 08:42 PM
Wish our tailgate lots were open during the game, one thing I still don't like is the closed door policy at halftime

Would be nice to get outside and liven up

But no they won't be allowed to stay, und fans will find places to watch, guessing those places should have extra security on hand as I guarantee there will be problems

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Does anyplace allow reentry? Can't remember the last time I was at a sporting event that did.

Tatanka
05-27-2015, 09:00 PM
Does anyplace allow reentry? Can't remember the last time I was at a sporting event that did.

Montana does. Montana State does. Pretty sure K-State did.

bri-dog
05-27-2015, 09:05 PM

Missouri State did. Of course, when caught with an open beer inside the stadium, they let you finish it on the way to throw the empty away. And told you not to be so obvious next time...

bisonaudit
05-27-2015, 09:06 PM
Montana does. Montana State does. Pretty sure K-State did.

I guess I'm just frequenting the wrong venues.

Christopher Moen
05-27-2015, 09:16 PM

Obviously this was a bad idea. Time to turn lemons into pom-poms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A03InRgFzs

StL Bison Fan
05-27-2015, 09:21 PM
Missouri State did. Of course, when caught with an open beer inside the stadium, they let you finish it on the way to throw the empty away. And told you not to be so obvious next time...
Watching that was the mind boggling

CAS4127
05-27-2015, 09:45 PM

SDSU, Iowa State as well.

Tatanka
05-27-2015, 09:56 PM
SDSU, Iowa State as well.

Well, shit. SDSU had to let you piss somewhere, amiright?

bisonfanette
05-28-2015, 07:04 AM
so listen up, fanette and Vet :).............................gets into my tailgate this fall with one of these pieces of crap on their person!!

In my world, crap (can't believe I just typed that) means... cow pie (or cow pile)... 5821 and THAT, may actually be better if "ON THEIR PERSON" ... than that AWFUL tee shirt!

(I'll see you on the 19th! :)

ZHerd
05-28-2015, 11:30 AM
In my world, crap (can't believe I just typed that) means... cow pie (or cow pile)... 5821 and THAT, may actually be better if "ON THEIR PERSON" ... than that AWFUL tee shirt!

(I'll see you on the 19th! :)

Cow pie has better qualities than that shirt. I'd rather sit in a section with cow pies than people deranged enough to wear the shirt

StL Bison Fan
05-29-2015, 05:48 PM
@NCAA_FCS: With 92 days until #FCSKickoff here are a few games sure to make this season interesting. http://t.co/bgwztfhwXy http://t.co/mEvqDKTFkd

Rivalry: North Dakota at North Dakota State (Sept. 19). OK, UND isn't part of the Valley, but here's an exception as these two will meet for the first time since 2003 as well as the first time as Division I programs. The series dates to 1894 and UND holds a 62-45-3 advantage (with three straight wins) over the preeminent power in the FCS. The Nickel Trophy goes to the winner.

Really?

Bison03
05-29-2015, 05:51 PM
@NCAA_FCS: With 92 days until #FCSKickoff here are a few games sure to make this season interesting. http://t.co/bgwztfhwXy http://t.co/mEvqDKTFkd

Rivalry: North Dakota at North Dakota State (Sept. 19). OK, UND isn't part of the Valley, but here's an exception as these two will meet for the first time since 2003 as well as the first time as Division I programs. The series dates to 1894 and UND holds a 62-45-3 advantage (with three straight wins) over the preeminent power in the FCS. The Nickel Trophy goes to the winner.

Really?

Nope. It won't be up for grabs.

StL Bison Fan
05-29-2015, 05:54 PM
You'd think this was sent in by the forum. Do people not factcheck or ask anymore????

Bison Loaf
05-29-2015, 05:59 PM

Really?

You'd think this was sent in by the forum. Do people not factcheck or ask anymore????

Maybe they are talking about the Nickel Trophy that Izzo & Kolpack play for each year (with their game picks), since they will be (already are) the ones hyping this game to the max for their employer. :)

StL Bison Fan
05-29-2015, 06:09 PM
Maybe they are talking about the Nickel Trophy that Izzo & Kolpack play for each year (with their game picks), since they will be (already are) the ones hyping this game to the max for their employer. :)

You are probably right:)

Vet70
05-29-2015, 06:15 PM
The Nickel Trophy goes to the winner.[/B]
Really?

Somewhere deep in the SS Bunker:

http://www.resizemypicture.com/pictures//1155568ab30861511432922928.jpg

Hammersmith
05-29-2015, 06:36 PM
A completely, completely hypothetical question: If someone were to, I don't know, acquire the Nickel Trophy after a Bison win, would NDSU be under any obligation to return it? Say it was delivered to NDSU Blue Key? Don't they have just as much ownership as anyone else?

BlueBisonRock
05-29-2015, 08:04 PM
A completely, completely hypothetical question: If someone were to, I don't know, acquire the Nickel Trophy after a Bison win, would NDSU be under any obligation to return it? Say it was delivered to NDSU Blue Key? Don't they have just as much ownership as anyone else?

Are you planning a quick trip with SD and PL?

BYZEN
05-29-2015, 08:29 PM

Actually, I think that NDSU's Blue Key rightfully has sole legal ownership after UN_'s BKC dissolved. As I think you're implying teh trophy has always been the property of the Blue Key Club's, not the schools.

Bison03
05-29-2015, 09:11 PM
Actually, I think that NDSU's Blue Key rightfully has sole legal ownership after UN_'s BKC dissolved. As I think you're implying teh trophy has always been the property of the Blue Key Club's, not the schools.

Everything you have said here is true. But good luck trying to get it from Bubba or Faison.

http://troll.me/images2/cfrom/from-my-cold-dead-hands-thumb.jpg

KilldeerBison
05-29-2015, 09:30 PM

This would make a funny "letter to the editor ". The melt down in the land of pioux would be epic. Return their property, it belongs to the Blue Key Club. First the mascot then the nickel, hostile, abusive thieves!

cbline
05-30-2015, 02:06 PM
Where did I miss this news? Is it true that the Nickel is not coming to Fargo when the Bison win this fall???

Vet70
05-30-2015, 02:12 PM
Where did I miss this news? Is it true that the Nickel is not coming to Fargo when the Bison win this fall???

As Lily Von Shtupp would say, "It's twue, it's twue, it's twue": http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/und-ndsu-wont-play-nickel-trophy-renewed-rivalry

td577
05-30-2015, 02:38 PM
As Lily Von Shtupp would say, "It's twue, it's twue, it's twue": http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/und-ndsu-wont-play-nickel-trophy-renewed-rivalry

They are not letting go of that, no matter what. It is all they have.

Mr. Burgundy
05-30-2015, 09:45 PM

We have moved on. The trophy case is currently too small to handle what we have won. Nobody would trade the titles we have for a trophy. I laugh at people if they say "we have the nickle." Perfect. Enjoy that! We wouldn't trade out success. It's ine game not a dynasty.

StL Bison Fan
05-30-2015, 09:50 PM
We have moved on. The trophy case is currently too small to handle what we have won. Nobody would trade the titles we have for a trophy. I laugh at people if they say "we have the nickle." Perfect. Enjoy that! We wouldn't trade out success. It's ine game not a dynasty.

Here! Here! I wouldn't giv two cents for that nickel!
So basically we are playing for nothing

CaBisonFan
05-30-2015, 10:00 PM
The Nickel should be in Bismarck in the historical society facility...whatever it's called. It matters to some people...not me...but some.

StL Bison Fan
05-30-2015, 10:01 PM
The Nickel should be in Bismarck in the historical society facility...whatever it's called.

Heritage Center. Agree!

td577
05-30-2015, 11:02 PM
The Nickel should be in Bismarck in the historical society facility...whatever it's called. It matters to some people...not me...but some.

Actually, it probably is in the hands of the only people that care. I would only want it in the heritage center so it wasn't.

BlueHawkAlumni
05-31-2015, 12:32 AM
why can't the nickel be up for grabs?

Vet70
05-31-2015, 12:42 AM

Because it is the only thing UND has to demonstrate that they are "superior" to NDSU. I think that Mr. Burgundy in post #208 does a good job of summarizing things.

td577
05-31-2015, 01:14 AM

They have nothing else to hold on to. They couldn't even hold on the Blue Key Chapter who awarded the Nickel Trophy at un_. They have basically said they retain ownership by default since they last won it and it isn't up for a challenge anymore because if everyone is going to have issues with the nickname, then they can hide behind it has a Sioux head on it. They basically locked it up and said it is theirs to do what they want to with it. It is their funny way of thinking they are sticking it to us.

I could care less where it is. This game is a pre-conference warm-up for us and is not worthy of any trophy. In fact, un_ should be shining that thing up and putting it out there to increase meaning to the game. It is the only way to force feed a rivalry by saying the trophy is on the line. They know they aren't in the same league, they would not see it back for maybe ever, and will not let go of one of only two things they have ever valued on the football field. If NDSU had it, it would probably turn into a 75 pound wedge to prop up the corner of the visiting team's athletic table that is a bit wobbly. There might be some old timers where it has some value, but even they have moved on with the glare off the 4 peat trophies. It isn't much if an issue anymore.

56BISON73
05-31-2015, 01:25 AM

Because the Sioux imagery on the one side is now inappropriate.

Hammersmith
05-31-2015, 01:37 AM

Not a valid excuse, but it's one they're going with.

Tatanka
05-31-2015, 01:53 AM

Hmmm. Convenient that they can pick and choose when to act on that. Then again, double standards are the standard not the exception in el forko.

56BISON73
05-31-2015, 02:43 AM
Hmmm. Convenient that they can pick and choose when to act on that. Then again, double standards are the standard not the exception in el forko.

I wondered who was going to pick up on that.:biggrin:

Its a tie between you and Hammer.

BlueHawkAlumni
06-01-2015, 04:15 AM
So there is no good reason, besides personal pride? What a shame..

Hammersmith
06-01-2015, 04:17 AM
So there is no good reason, besides spite? What a shame..

FIFY

and agree

ndsubison1
06-01-2015, 04:56 AM
They are not letting go of that, no matter what. It is all they have.

the nickel? is that darrels delivery tips for the evening?

StL Bison Fan
06-01-2015, 01:17 PM
They can keep it. Although Id take it if it were made of chocolate...

thundarsdaddy
06-01-2015, 01:31 PM
they can keep it. Although id take it if it were made of chocolate...

yes.......

KilldeerBison
06-01-2015, 02:48 PM
They can keep it. Although Id take it if it were made of chocolate...

Pretty sure they don't even have it anymore, it was spent buying the helmet car.

Vet70
06-01-2015, 03:03 PM
Pretty sure they don't even have it anymore, it was spent buying the helmet car.

I thought I read somewhere that it was spent on the nickname consultants.

Tatanka
06-01-2015, 03:15 PM

Best Excel skills chocolate can rent.

KilldeerBison
06-01-2015, 04:39 PM

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/phedger/38c8a68a-bca9-4631-b288-f7538c06b069_zpsnw9t2xeg.jpg (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/phedger/media/38c8a68a-bca9-4631-b288-f7538c06b069_zpsnw9t2xeg.jpg.html)

I assume you meant this guy. Word is, Zoltar is being counted as an online student for his recent contributions.

tjamz
06-06-2015, 12:21 AM
Here! Here! I wouldn't giv two cents for that nickel!
So basically we are playing for nothing
I think UN_ should have a travelling cupcake trophy. Whoever loses to them should have to shamefully display it until they redeem themselves.

Tatanka
06-06-2015, 12:45 AM
I think UN_ should have a travelling cupcake trophy. Whoever loses to them should have to shamefully display it until they redeem themselves.

I would have also accepted "tomato can". Diced or crushed, depending on the severity of the loss.

thebigund
09-13-2015, 11:28 PM
Bump bump bump

aces1180
09-13-2015, 11:40 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?35811-UND-vs-NDSU

td577
09-14-2015, 12:03 AM

I have never quoted my own post before, but since the thread was resurrected, my opinion doesn't change one bit from when I wrote it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

thebigund
11-17-2015, 10:16 PM
Bump? Just sayin, it could happen.

BisonNation11
11-17-2015, 10:24 PM

You'll have to beat UNI @ UNI. Then if you survived that, you'd have to beat SDSU at Howard Dump Wood Field. Only after that would you be lucky enough to have a chance to meet us at our place in the quarters if the committee put us on the same side (I don't see it happening either way). But first, you'll have to take care of Saturday and still will be a bubble team. But hey, your team has done better than I expected. It's too bad everyone up there thinks Bubba is the answer.

Honeybooboo
11-17-2015, 10:30 PM
You'll have to beat UNI @ UNI. Then if you survived that, you'd have to beat SDSU at Howard Dump Wood Field. Only after that would you be lucky enough to have a chance to meet us at our place in the quarters if the committee put us on the same side (I don't see it happening either way). But first, you'll have to take care of Saturday and still will be a bubble team. But hey, your team has done better than I expected. It's too bad everyone up there thinks Bubba is the answer.

so what your saying is exactly what he said...it COULD happen??

Vet70
11-17-2015, 10:48 PM

And it is possible that the sun will not come up tomorrow---about the same odds.

td577
11-17-2015, 10:52 PM
I would like to say un_ has gotten better and is competitive in their own conference but the real story is the conference came down to them. Even if un_ wins this weekend, I still think the committee will have to ignore the SRS, which they only made two exceptions for last year and they weren't the kind of stretch putting un_ in would be. If they do somehow make it in, the road stops in round one. I am getting the feeling this un_'s signature season. Enjoy.

BisonNation11
11-17-2015, 11:59 PM
That's not even close to what I said. What I said will never happen.

Bison4ever56
11-18-2015, 01:09 AM
I would like to say un_ has gotten better and is competitive in their own conference but the real story is the conference came down to them. Even if un_ wins this weekend, I still think the committee will have to ignore the SRS, which they only made two exceptions for last year and they weren't the kind of stretch putting un_ in would be. If they do somehow make it in, the road stops in round one. I am getting the feeling this un_'s signature season. Enjoy.

I agree that the top of the conference is not as strong this year. I think their success has more to do with the conference schedule they lucked into. Out of the 12 other Big Sky teams, they play 8. 3 of the 4 teams they don't play are in the top 4 in the conference.

Milkman
11-18-2015, 01:12 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Hqyny0xRr-c/U_IWFhcCZvI/AAAAAAAAA2A/KEmOft-A8_4/s1600/image.png

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

wagsabison
11-18-2015, 01:23 PM
Judging from how pathetic that game is we played back in September I'm not too worried about them. That game was a complete letdown. Their vaunted rushing attack was a joke. The only points they scored were because of a couple bonehead plays on our part.

thebigund
11-18-2015, 01:41 PM
I agree that the top of the conference is not as strong this year. I think their success has more to do with the conference schedule they lucked into. Out of the 12 other Big Sky teams, they play 8. 3 of the 4 teams they don't play are in the top 4 in the conference.

You should see our conference schedule next year. It's a cakewalk.

thebigund
11-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Judging from how pathetic that game is we played back in September I'm not too worried about them. That game was a complete letdown. Their vaunted rushing attack was a joke. The only points they scored were because of a couple bonehead plays on our part.

Our team of mostly sophomores and freshman may have improved since then. Maybe.

DePereBisonFan
11-18-2015, 01:58 PM
UND beat Portland State and Wyoming and has definitely upped their game this year. Bubba is a better coach than I expected. Did they give us a game in Fargo? No. But they're better than they played that game and if they get to 7 wins they deserve a playoff spot. If the Big Sky has come down to UND's level, then what does that say about us losing at Montana?

Also, I went back and read the original post of this thread and it's actually pretty funny.

MinotBison
11-18-2015, 02:02 PM
UND beat Portland State and Wyoming and has definitely upped their game this year. Bubba is a better coach than I expected. Did they give us a game in Fargo? No. But they're better than they played that game and if they get to 7 wins they deserve a playoff spot. If the Big Sky has come down to UND's level, then what does that say about us losing at Montana?

Also, I went back and read the original post of this thread and it's actually pretty funny.

I don't think I'd brag too much about beating Wyoming, FBS or not.

BadlandsBison
11-18-2015, 02:05 PM
Would LOVE to see sundogs take on UNI or SDSU. Talk about scorched earth. Is it possible for an offense to score negative points? They had the flying monkey factor in Fargo which tends to bog down the better team. Not the case with UNI or SDSU

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

thebootfitter
11-18-2015, 09:24 PM
I don't think I'd brag too much about beating Wyoming, FBS or not.
Funny. I'm not a UND apologist by any stretch. But still have to point out that this same argument applied to our wins against a hapless Minnesota team and a terrible Kansas team. With the resources that Wyoming has, they should be able to beat a middle of the road FCS team 9 or more games out of 10 -- even if they're having a down year. Maybe not much to brag about, but still a solid win.

Mr. Burgundy
11-18-2015, 09:47 PM
Funny. I'm not a UND apologist by any stretch. But still have to point out that this same argument applied to our wins against a hapless Minnesota team and a terrible Kansas team. With the resources that Wyoming has, they should be able to beat a middle of the road FCS team 9 or more games out of 10 -- even if they're having a down year. Maybe not much to brag about, but still a solid win.

While I agree, we stunk and Kansas stunk the year we beat them, the following week they went on the road and beat ranked Georgia Tech. Wyoming hasn't done anything since that game. They are absolutely the worst in America. But, they beat them and it will help them come Sunday. I hope they play a Valley Team. Big Sky simply doesn't compete.

ndsubison1
11-18-2015, 09:52 PM
UND has to win and theyre still not guaranteed to get in. Then if they get paired with us they would have to win again. Unlikely. If they do get in I hope they face UNI and get stomped (unless that matchup winner plays us, then Ill hope UND wins).