PDA

View Full Version : Latest Updates

Bisonguy
08-24-2006, 04:31 AM
Courtesy WDAY 10:00 Sports-

Walker, Steffes, Dahl, and Frick were named captains

Roehl seems to be healthy and back up to speed

Buckwalter is still out with back issues and may not start for the CSP game

Kicking might be by committee. Wilcox on kickoffs and Bibeau on PAT's and FG's.

kchats
08-25-2006, 01:58 AM
Are you sure you have them in the right place for kicking. I thought Wilcox was the guy that had done it before and Bibeau had the stronger leg. Wouldn't you want the stronger leg kicking off?

coloradobison
08-25-2006, 03:47 AM
according to halstrom's tv clip, that is the correct division wilcox kicking off and bibeau on pat's and fg's

Bisonguy
08-25-2006, 07:50 PM
I can't remember for certain (I don't always pay attention to the kicking game, especially if nothing is going wrong), but I believe that Wilcox was doing a pretty good job at kickoffs in the Spring Game. His FG attempts had a somewhat low trajectory, which may be the cause for Bibeau doing the other kicking duties.

Scooter
08-25-2006, 07:52 PM
And, it doesn't hurt to have a guy that can hit a 50+ yard FG, either.

mikelsch
08-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Nice luxury to have two able kickers

Scooter
08-25-2006, 08:34 PM
especially if one gets drunk and walks into a stranger's home, thus getting himself suspended for a game..... :-[

Bisonguy
08-27-2006, 03:32 AM
From the WDAY 10:00 sports-

White will be returning punts

Blincoe will have his redshirt lifted and will be the #3 TB

Kicking duties will be split as detailed above to start the season

Buckwalter is doubtful to start for the opener

Scooter
08-27-2006, 04:16 AM
Wow, I didn't think that Blincoe was going to have his red-shirt lifted. He must have really impressed the coaching staff.

So, three true freshmen are having their redshirts lifted- Colvin, Bibeau, and Blincoe.

MinotBison
08-27-2006, 04:35 AM
Wow, I didn't think that Blincoe was going to have his red-shirt lifted. *He must have really impressed the coaching staff. *

So, three true freshmen are having their redshirts lifted- Colvin, Bibeau, and Blincoe.

They must be doing a bang-up job for that to happen. Does anyone remember back in 1983 when 3 true freshmen, Bentrim, Molstre and Lloyd, started in the offensive backfield?

DIBISON
08-27-2006, 05:22 AM

Hopefully they won't have to lift his redshirt and play Blincoe. I thought with Roehl added to the mix there are allready 3 TBs.

coloradobison
08-27-2006, 06:21 AM
I was hoping his redshirt would only be lifted if he was needed, apparently he will see some action, otherwise i fail to see the value in removing his redshirt to not see any playing time this year.

Bisongold
08-27-2006, 01:05 PM
I am concerned about using White as the returner. With his value as a receiver it seems like too much risk.

Mr._Bill
08-27-2006, 03:03 PM
I am concerned about using White as the returner. *With his *value as a receiver it seems like too much risk.

Sometimes you just have to let go . . . they grow up so fast. *Seriously, it's his senior year, let's cut him loose. *He could be what the dr. ordered as a returner. Just my opinion.

Bisonguy
08-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Most important assett for a punt returner: good hands. Travis has very good hands, so I won't have to hold my breath as often this year. :)

Scooter
08-27-2006, 04:24 PM
Most important assett for a punt returner: good hands. Travis has very good hands, so I won't have to hold my breath as often this year. *:)

Good hands...... and fantastic concentration. You can bet this is exactly what coach Bohl is thinking by making this move. We lost a few games last year because of special teams.

mikelsch
08-27-2006, 08:22 PM

Hopefully they won't have to lift his redshirt and play Blincoe. *I thought with Roehl added to the mix there are allready 3 TBs.

Having Blincoe play this year tells me 3 things... (1) the guy has the skills and the maturity to play now, (2) He is pushing Cabell for the backup job behind Steffes and may be the starter in 2007, (3) Tyler Roehl's injury may be a problem all season

ktcdet
08-27-2006, 11:39 PM
I am not sure how you have figured out that Blincoe is pushing Cabell. Most teams have a great need for 3 rb's and it would be foolish to use only your top two when the Bison blow out some of their opponents. If there is any type of injury, that third back needs to have some experience. Roehl is also a fullback and may have to play there a lot more than anticipated at some point.
Blincoe also missed a lot of practice time because of the NCAA slowness in processing academic administration things so, there would not have been the opportunity to really get a great look at him

Bisongold
08-28-2006, 01:11 AM
I definitely feel you need at least 3 RBs. They take a beating every game and it is very hard to hold up for an entire season at this level. My question is still Roehl. I keep hearing great things, but honestly he has not played a game since high school. He only played half the Mon-Dak game because he cramped up. Weston Dressler tore it up the entire game. But Roehl is either having a string of bad luck or he may prove to be too injury prone to contribute. At this point I am still anxiously waiting. On the other hand Jangula has proven to be extremely talented and durable. I believe that the coaches could and probably will use him in multiple ways. I am sure the coaches are seeing all of this and thus their decision to play Blincoe. I would love to see Roehl healthy and playing along with Jangula!!

Scooter
08-28-2006, 01:19 AM
Who the heck is Weston Dressler? *Is that a DII player from up north?

Apples and Oranges, baby.

If we were DII with the tallent we have now..... Steffes 255 carries for 2200 yards 30 TD
..... Bison offense 49 PPG Defense 7 PPG
..... Joe Mays 100 tackles 4 hospitalizations

Bisongold
08-28-2006, 01:25 AM
Weston Dressler could play at D1-AA anytime and be a phenom. If you don't admit this, then you are not being realistic. Trust me, I was not a believer that anyone that size could be that good, but he is!! And he plays every game in multiple positions. Oh yeah, I am a huge Bison fan. But let us at least recognize athletic talent!!

Gamehunter
08-28-2006, 01:40 AM
I definitely feel you need at least 3 RBs. They take a beating every game and it is very hard to hold up for an entire season at this level. My question is still Roehl. I keep hearing great things, but honestly he has not played a game since high school. He only played half the Mon-Dak game because he cramped up. Weston Dressler tore it up the entire game. But Roehl is either having a string of bad luck or he may prove to be too injury prone to contribute. At this point I am still anxiously waiting. On the other hand Jangula has proven to be extremely talented and durable. I believe that the coaches could and probably will use him in multiple ways. I am sure the coaches are seeing all of this and thus their decision to play Blincoe. I would love to see Roehl healthy and playing along with Jangula!!

I believe he played as a true freshman before breaking his leg early in the season, so he has played on college gameday as far as I know. In fact, I think he even has a couple carries at TB.

Who the heck is Weston Dressler? Is that a DII player from up north?

Apples and Oranges, baby.

If we were DII with the tallent we have now..... Steffes 255 carries for 2200 yards 30 TD
..... Bison offense 49 PPG Defense 7 PPG
..... Joe Mays 100 tackles 4 hospitalizations

++

Heck, Joe Mays will probably have that many this year depending on how good the other defensive starters actually are and for how long the 1st defense stays in the games. There is only so many tackles to account for in a game and you can look at the # of tackles a couple different ways.

Bisongold
08-28-2006, 02:00 AM
X-Factor , You are right! Tyler Roehl played his freshman year as he was not redshirted. He had 2 runs for 14 yards. Trust me, I want Tyler to succeed more than you know as he is from ND. But I am still anxiously waiting. I feel also however, that Jangula does not get the Kudos that he deserves.

Scooter
08-28-2006, 03:23 AM
Weston Dressler could play at D1-AA anytime and be a phenom. *If you don't admit this, then you are not being realistic. *Trust me, I was not a believer that anyone that size could be that good, but he is!! *And he plays every game in multiple positions. *Oh yeah, I am a huge *Bison fan. *But let us at least recognize athletic talent!!

My point is that the tallent level that he plays against is NOT at the IAA level. *And, with his school's schedule NOT EVEN CLOSE! Until he starts playing against IAA speed, he will continue to be what *he is, a very good D2 player. *The IAA game is alot faster than the D2 game. *I think you hand out the IAA Phenom lable a little too quickly.

Weston Dressler although tallented, being a D2 player, is not even on my radar screen. *I think you will see what I mean when the O line handles Power this thursday, He's a D2 all-american, but, at the D2 tallent level.

ps. don't use the Phil Hansen was a D2 all american argument, either. *That is an athlete that comes around once every ten years in D2.

Bisongold
08-28-2006, 06:03 PM
And MY point is...had NDSU won the recruiting war for Weston Dressler and he was playing on a Division I aa team such as NDSU, I believe he would be a 1AA All American. *I don't need to get into a PI--ing contest with you...it's my opinion.

Scooter
08-28-2006, 07:32 PM
At least Weston would get a shot at returning punts this year since our IAA All-American (Shamen Washington) at that position is out for the year.

(Kind of hard to be an All-American when you'd be the back-up returner for punting and kickoffs.)

Nothing against Weston, it's just that Shammen is that good.

Bison_Dan
08-28-2006, 07:48 PM
And MY point is...had NDSU won the recruiting war for Weston Dressler and he was playing on a Division I aa team such as NDSU, I believe he would be a 1AA All American. *I don't need to get into a PI--ing contest with you...it's my opinion.

Dressler decided that he would rather be in dii and show his talents there. *For anyone to say he'd be all world and a All American in DI-AA is foolish. *He obviously doesn't like to compete at a higher level.
In talking to some coaches after the season last year, they said that their best 2 players were hurt. *(Roehl and White)

BisonBacker
08-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Weston Dressler could play at D1-AA anytime and be a phenom. *If you don't admit this, then you are not being realistic. *Trust me, I was not a believer that anyone that size could be that good, but he is!! *And he plays every game in multiple positions. *Oh yeah, I am a huge *Bison fan. *But let us at least recognize athletic talent!!

My point is that the tallent level that he plays against is NOT at the IAA level. *And, with his school's schedule NOT EVEN CLOSE! Until he starts playing against IAA speed, he will continue to be what *he is, a very good D2 player. *The IAA game is alot faster than the D2 game. *I think you hand out the IAA Phenom lable a little too quickly.

Weston Dressler although tallented, being a D2 player, is not even on my radar screen. *I think you will see what I mean when the O line handles Power this thursday, He's a D2 all-american, but, at the D2 tallent level.

ps. don't use the Phil Hansen was a D2 all american argument, either. *That is an athlete that comes around once every ten years in D2.

I agree with Scooter on this 100%. You can have your opinion on Dressler but that's all it is. Until he suits up every gameday and produces at the DI level your just whistling dixie. He is good for a DII player but if he was so good why didn't he go DI? Even if it wasn't with NDSU I'm sure a "phenom" as you put it could play for any other school he wanted as a phenom.

mikelsch
08-28-2006, 08:24 PM
This has nothing to do with Bison football, take it somewhere else

BisonBacker
08-28-2006, 08:28 PM
This has nothing to do with Bison football, take it somewhere else
Good point, I somehow got mixed up in it and your point is right on the mark. MY BAD! :-X

cadillac
08-28-2006, 09:14 PM
GET WELL SHAMEN+++++++++++++

Scooter
08-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Coach Bohl's comments about the defensive line in todays paper caught me a little off guard. He sounded pretty pleased with the tallent that we have.

Gamehunter
08-31-2006, 12:08 AM
The Great West is going to have their hands full if this team can stay health through this tough schedule ++++

Bisonguy
08-31-2006, 12:52 AM
Coach Bohl's comments about the defensive line in todays paper caught me a little off guard. *He sounded pretty pleased with the tallent that we have.

The thing that has me a little puzzled was the comment on the running game lagging by Perles last night.