PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Attendance

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2015, 03:30 PM
Yeah maybe they should ask their BB coach to pay for it. They have no issue over paying him!

Yep, they love the competitive advantage in basketball, they hate not having it in football.

EC8CH
09-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Could other FCS schools offering FCOA make it more difficult for NDSU to convince recruits to accept pwo with the Bison over these schools that will now be able to add this to their full or partial offers?

Mr Meaty
09-04-2015, 04:19 PM
Could other FCS schools offering FCOA make it more difficult for NDSU to convince recruits to accept pwo with the Bison over these schools that will now be able to add this to their full or partial offers?

Works both ways.....

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2015, 04:29 PM

The intangibles that make a kid reject a scholarship for a PWO role will still exist, a few hundred bucks isn't going to change that calculus.

BisonJD
09-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Interesting figures...

Stipends for athletes beginning in 2016, NDSU $3400, UND $3400,
USD $4145. Only 4 FCS schools so far to pay stipends for all athletes.

MAKBison
09-04-2015, 04:44 PM
Is there a limit to what schools can give for COA? What prevents a school increasing the amount to get a recruit? Will this end up in a bidding war, like an auction sale?

No not really! If a university were to raise its cost of living it would making the institution noncompetitive from an academic standpoint. It would mess with federal aid/student loans, student debt ratios and lot of other issues.

MAKBison
09-04-2015, 04:52 PM
So I am listening to the "It takes two" radio program...I know first mistake, the show it still sucks! Anyway, The dipshit guy "Jack" on the show is talking about UND and COA and goes on to suggest this might not be legal and he is shocked the NCAA has not come down on schools forl offering COA. Gives some dumb ass example about a local boxer in the 60s. What a freaking idiot!!!! New flash Jack...The NCAA is all over this...who the hell do you think approved it. The ignorance on that show is just...well it is what it is! MYM Jack and Amy just wow!!!

ByeSonBusiness
09-04-2015, 04:54 PM
Yeah maybe they should ask their BB coach to pay for it. They have no issue over paying him!

Overpaying? You know they were ranked like #10 in the country right?

cbline
09-04-2015, 05:35 PM

I think that he meant "They have no issue WITH paying him." Just a guess

ByeSonBusiness
09-04-2015, 05:47 PM
I think that he meant "They have no issue WITH paying him." Just a guess

I certainly hope so

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2015, 05:52 PM

Then be a basketball school. They are overpaying him if they are as cash strapped as they claim to be and can't afford to compete with their conference mates in football.

Bisonator98
09-04-2015, 06:10 PM
Then be a basketball school. They are overpaying him if they are as cash strapped as they claim to be and can't afford to compete with their conference mates in football.

This ^^^^^^.

If you can pay your BB coach a cool mill you should be able to afford FCOA for your student athletes!

HerdBot
09-04-2015, 09:05 PM
So I am listening to the "It takes two" radio program...I know first mistake, the show it still sucks! Anyway, The dipshit guy "Jack" on the show is talking about UND and COA and goes on to suggest this might not be legal and he is shocked the NCAA has not come down on schools forl offering COA. Gives some dumb ass example about a local boxer in the 60s. What a freaking idiot!!!! New flash Jack...The NCAA is all over this...who the hell do you think approved it. The ignorance on that show is just...well it is what it is! MYM Jack and Amy just wow!!!

Wow, that's the epitome of talking out of your ass! Way to get the facts straight Jack Sunday!

BTW If you want to email them it's studio@kfgo.com

MAKBison
09-04-2015, 10:18 PM
Wow, that's the epitome of talking out of your ass! Way to get the facts straight Jack Sunday!

BTW If you want to email them it's studio@kfgo.com

I was going to text/call/email them during the program. I even went to their website to get the number and it was about that that time when I thought to myself..."Self, your the dumb ass that decided to listening to Jack and Jill. wtf did you expect" After that, I just changed the channel. Same thing I did about this time last year. maybe Ill check back in again next year....I doubt it! That show is just Poor poor poor!

unbison
09-04-2015, 10:21 PM

They are a basketball school..... Is why they play fcs football

ByeSonBusiness
09-04-2015, 10:34 PM
They are a basketball school..... Is why they play fcs football

I don't think a lot of people are understanding that.

NDSUstudent
09-04-2015, 10:47 PM
People need to realize that the conference UNI plays basketball in, the top coach is paid $3.3 million a year. It isn't exactly the Big Sky conference, you want to compete you need to step up to the plate.

Bison 4 Life
09-05-2015, 12:40 AM
People need to realize that the conference UNI plays basketball in, the top coach is paid $3.3 million a year. It isn't exactly the Big Sky conference, you want to compete you need to step up to the plate.

Yes, nobody here gives a single fuck about what they pay their coach. They are crying that we are paying FCOA. They can drop football like the school that aforementioned coach works for.

NDSUstudent
09-05-2015, 12:55 AM
Yes, nobody here gives a single fuck about what they pay their coach. They are crying that we are paying FCOA. They can drop football like the school that aforementioned coach works for.

Now they are are whining about how the FCS should be about cost containment and thus FCOA should be banned.

Odd argument coming from a school with one of the highest paid coaches in the MVFC and FCS.

ByeSonBusiness
09-05-2015, 01:13 AM
Now they are are whining about how the FCS should be about cost containment and thus FCOA should be banned.

Odd argument coming from a school with one of the highest paid coaches in the MVFC and FCS.

FCS is about cost containment isn't it? It's basketball schools who play some football and football schools who don't take it too serious.

NDSUstudent
09-05-2015, 01:18 AM
FCS is about cost containment.

Kind of is and kind of isn't.

Only one conference is truly about cost containment.

td577
09-05-2015, 02:20 AM
FCS is about cost containment isn't it? It's basketball schools who play some football and football schools who don't take it too serious.

Kind of is and kind of isn't.

Only one conference is truly about cost containment.

I think it is about cost containment or there never would have been an FCS to begin with. There are only a handful of "football" schools. It isn't a secret nor should it every be forgotten it was a level about basketball schools having a football program. It probably would have been better if they allowed schools to be D1 in everything and let football stay D2 rather than creating the FCS. It could be argued that 1/2 of the football schools in FCS became football school because of FCS so it has been positive to some degree. Take ISUr for example. They have always been a BB school and now they are getting more involved in their football program. They wouldn't have otherwise gained the support in the sport. The Big Fluffy and MVFC is more about football than the MAC.

I think what will happen is FCS will have a large amount of schools who don't want to act like FBS programs. They will pull up anchor and float towards the Pioneer model rather than push towards a better FCS model. The ones in FCS who want to act more like FBS programs will have to find a way to FBS. A lot of these changes are happening, and it isn't a coincidence, with the P5 push towards more autonomy and this speeds up the clock. As more division happens within FCS, a couple of things might happen. The MVFC and Big Sky will restructure adding some more football serious schools. The end of season will end with a conference championship and a Big Sky/MVFC bowl game which will be viewed as the de facto championship. The rest of the FCS will have their partnerships between like minded conferences and everyone will be on their own. The second scenario is nothing changes but some schools adopt COA and others don't creating further divide among the top 10 and everyone else. This is just a slower death. The last two scenarios have two outcomes. The football serious schools in FCS create their own conference and move up. They become the 6th conference at the G5 level. The last scenario is every FCS program that wants to move up waits for an invite and moves up individually. This one is another slow death for the subdivision.

I like the idea of a new conference where the NCAA allows them to move up as a conference. With the right people leading the conference towards TV contracts in all sports that put them at par or better than the MW. In football, the conference would be the best G5 conference out of the blocks. With the extra money, influence, and experience in playoff football, this conference could push for a G5 level playoffs generating even more revenue for its member institutions. Have TV deals lined up to end at the same time and then sit down as a G5 level and look at geographical realignment throughout the entire country.

Bison 4 Life
09-05-2015, 02:41 AM
I think it is about cost containment or there never would have been an FCS to begin with. There are only a handful of "football" schools. It isn't a secret nor should it every be forgotten it was a level about basketball schools having a football program. It probably would have been better if they allowed schools to be D1 in everything and let football stay D2 rather than creating the FCS. It could be argued that 1/2 of the football schools in FCS became football school because of FCS so it has been positive to some degree. Take ISUr for example. They have always been a BB school and now they are getting more involved in their football program. They wouldn't have otherwise gained the support in the sport. The Big Fluffy and MVFC is more about football than the MAC.

I think what will happen is FCS will have a large amount of schools who don't want to act like FBS programs. They will pull up anchor and float towards the Pioneer model rather than push towards a better FCS model. The ones in FCS who want to act more like FBS programs will have to find a way to FBS. A lot of these changes are happening, and it isn't a coincidence, with the P5 push towards more autonomy and this speeds up the clock. As more division happens within FCS, a couple of things might happen. The MVFC and Big Sky will restructure adding some more football serious schools. The end of season will end with a conference championship and a Big Sky/MVFC bowl game which will be viewed as the de facto championship. The rest of the FCS will have their partnerships between like minded conferences and everyone will be on their own. The second scenario is nothing changes but some schools adopt COA and others don't creating further divide among the top 10 and everyone else. This is just a slower death. The last two scenarios have two outcomes. The football serious schools in FCS create their own conference and move up. They become the 6th conference at the G5 level. The last scenario is every FCS program that wants to move up waits for an invite and moves up individually. This one is another slow death for the subdivision.

I like the idea of a new conference where the NCAA allows them to move up as a conference. With the right people leading the conference towards TV contracts in all sports that put them at par or better than the MW. In football, the conference would be the best G5 conference out of the blocks. With the extra money, influence, and experience in playoff football, this conference could push for a G5 level playoffs generating even more revenue for its member institutions. Have TV deals lined up to end at the same time and then sit down as a G5 level and look at geographical realignment throughout the entire country.

The P5 will grow, taking many of the high profile G5 schools with them. This is what will cause the major shift in the classifications. The lower G5 and the upper FCS will combine to create the second division. This will all shake out in the very near future.

The lower tier bowls will dry up when the money programs are all gone from the G5 conferences they have agreements with. There will no longer be a "FBS". It will be the P5 getting all the playoff bids and bowls and the Akrons and Colorado States of the world will have to just face reality and go with the second division.

Bisonwinagn
09-05-2015, 02:56 AM
Why don't these basketball schools simply drop football? They have to be losing money and nobody goes to the games anyway. Does Valpo need football for any reason at all? I think it's time for schools to start dropping sports and only keep the most important ones that they are good at. Then put all the money into those.

td577
09-05-2015, 03:34 AM
Why don't these basketball schools simply drop football? They have to be losing money and nobody goes to the games anyway. Does Valpo need football for any reason at all? I think it's time for schools to start dropping sports and only keep the most important ones that they are good at. Then put all the money into those.

I think there probably a lot of them that want to go this route of dropping football. They also don't want to go without looking like they are fighting it. The COA will accomplish both. It gives them their issue that seems too daunting for them to continue and no one is a scapegoat internally. It will be external forces who didn't protect their football program. There are probably a handful of schools who are legitimately complaining about feeling forced to participate in COA because their costs will not be controlled and having to keep football and there are some who are probably looking at this and thanking god something has come along they can finally dump football and blame someone else.

Gully
09-05-2015, 12:31 PM
The P5 will grow, taking many of the high profile G5 schools with them. This is what will cause the major shift in the classifications. The lower G5 and the upper FCS will combine to create the second division. This will all shake out in the very near future.

The lower tier bowls will dry up when the money programs are all gone from the G5 conferences they have agreements with. There will no longer be a "FBS". It will be the P5 getting all the playoff bids and bowls and the Akrons and Colorado States of the world will have to just face reality and go with the second division.

I really hope this happens. I'm not in the "move up blindly camp" but this does have the feeling of what happened do the old DII.

SDbison
09-05-2015, 02:52 PM

The lower tier bowls will dry up when the money programs are all gone from the G5 conferences they have agreements with. There will no longer be a "FBS". It will be the P5 getting all the playoff bids and bowls and the Akrons and Colorado States of the world will have to just face reality and go with the second division. I agree with the second half of your post, but the first half only partially. There will only be a few high profile G5 schools that will get to join the P5 conferences (think Boise State and a couple others). Just not much room for expansion. I agree with another poster that several of the basketball schools in the G5 conferences will drop football due to COA, but they likely suck at football so no big loss. This will make room for some FCS teams in those G5 conferences. The most interesting fallout will be how many FCS conferences will decide to entirely move into the new second level (MVFC, Big Sky, other?).

tjbison
09-27-2015, 01:25 AM
http://www.sycamorepride.com/showthread.php?35197-Nine-FCS-schools-sign-letter-against-full-cost-of-attendance

Sycamore fans..........

Bison 4 Life
09-27-2015, 01:30 AM
http://www.sycamorepride.com/showthread.php?35197-Nine-FCS-schools-sign-letter-against-full-cost-of-attendance

Sycamore fans..........

Time to get out of the basketball conference. I get that the MVFC is great and all but it's great largely because of us and SDSU. There are a lot of schools who aren't serious about football and they can go to the Pioneer. Tell the schools that are serious about football to pay up or leave.

BisoninNWMN
09-27-2015, 01:32 AM

Sycamore fans..........

Haves and have nots!

td577
09-27-2015, 01:45 AM
While I don't necessarily disagree with most of the posts, ISUb should pretty much just go D3.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Vet70
09-27-2015, 01:51 AM
I particularly liked the poster who said that FCOA was never intended for the FCS because he says so---and I am sure that they would be happy if we left the conference.

No_Skill
09-27-2015, 02:00 AM
I particularly liked the poster who said that FCOA was never intended for the FCS because he says so---and I am sure that they would be happy if we left the conference.

I love it.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/37789708.jpg

HerdBot
09-27-2015, 02:04 AM
Small time D2 mindset for some.

No_Skill
09-27-2015, 02:11 AM
Small time D2 mindset for some.

And yet you know the bball team will get fcoa. It's a shame that offering it in other sports might jeopardize their chance to lose in a sweet 16 game. They should just drop football so they can have a chance to lose in a final four game like Wichita St. Smh

ByeSonBusiness
09-27-2015, 02:15 AM
Time to get out of the basketball conference. I get that the MVFC is great and all but it's great largely because of us and SDSU. There are a lot of schools who aren't serious about football and they can go to the Pioneer. Tell the schools that are serious about football to pay up or leave.

Schools that are serious about football are paying up. It's called FBS. If only a select few schools are doing FCOA it's time to go to FBS.

Bison 4 Life
09-27-2015, 02:15 AM
And yet you know the bball team will get fcoa. It's a shame that offering it in other sports might jeopardize their chance to lose in a sweet 16 game. They should just drop football so they can have a chance to lose in a final four game like Wichita St. Smh

Honestly, how competitive have they ever been in football anyway?

BadlandsBison
09-27-2015, 02:16 AM
While I don't necessarily disagree with most of the posts, ISUb should pretty much just go D3.

Basketball is their precious. Wouldn't shock me to see them drop football

Bison 4 Life
09-27-2015, 02:17 AM
Basketball is their precious. Wouldn't shock me to see them drop football

More schools should do just that. They have a shitty team and a shitty stadium. Just bulldoze them both and be the basketball school you've always wanted to be.

unbison
09-27-2015, 02:27 AM
I believe fcs football was created for these basketball schools just sayin

Bison 4 Life
09-27-2015, 02:38 AM

Who cares? There's the Pioneer model. Let them do that.

FCS is perfect for mid sized land grant and teachers colleges now that they neutered DII. The genie is out of the bottle.

NDSUstudent
09-27-2015, 02:38 AM
ISUB doesn't have a ton of cash, their board had to crowd fund to get their MBB team new uniforms.

IzzyFlexion
09-27-2015, 03:00 AM
More schools should do just that. They have a shitty team and a shitty stadium. Just bulldoze them both and be the basketball school you've always wanted to be.

ahhhh......but a beautiful city!

unbison
09-27-2015, 03:28 PM
Yes its whatever you think bison4life

HerdBot
09-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Schools that are serious about football are paying up. It's called FBS. If only a select few schools are doing FCOA it's time to go to FBS.

To go FBS isnt the big financial deal everyone makes it out to be. Were talking 22 more scholarships and maybe an extra woman's sport. Gene Taylor once said we could do it for an extra million per year. Its not like it's some 50 million dollar project. Of course it all comes down to a conference and we just need to wait it out for thr power 5 to break off. Of course thats when all the weak FCS teams in our conference will be shitting the bed not wanting to join forces. That's when Indiana State can join the Pioneer league which they would LOVE!

Bison 4 Life
09-27-2015, 03:47 PM
Yes its whatever you think bison4life

When has Montana had a basketball program worth talking about? Youngstown State? App State? Georgia Southern? The Ivies?

Dayton decided to do DIII at first, now they have the Pioneer.

Sure, the Gateway was created for MVC schools that were doing IAA football but that's not necessarily the entire story of the division. Of course, that's just what I think.

2011BisonAlumni
09-27-2015, 04:27 PM
When has Montana had a basketball program worth talking about? Youngstown State? App State? Georgia Southern? The Ivies?

Sure, the Gateway was created for MVC schools that were doing IAA football but that's not necessarily the entire story of the division. Of course, that's just what I think.

You must not follow college basketball very close. Montana is consistently right there with Weber State when it comes to the best basketball school in the Big Sky and has made the tournament a few times in recent years. They probably should have made it last year had they not pissed the EWU game down their leg. They beat NDSU last year as well. They have made 10 NCAA tournaments in their history, including a sweet 16 run in 1975 where they narrowly lost to UCLA by two points, who went on to win it all. They also play in Dahlberg Arena, which is an extremely nice basketball facility .

The ivy schools have had some really good basketball teams in recent years. Harvard has won the conference championship game the past 4 years, and won games in both 2013 and 2014. They also recently produced a player named Jeremy Lin. Pretty sure you have heard of him.

td577
09-27-2015, 04:30 PM
Before anyone gets real stupid here, lets back up for a moment. The FCS schools who are complaining about the COA actually do have a point. The FCS level was created for schools who did not have the resources to compete in football with FBS but wanted to compete in other sports at the D1 level. That is indisputable. Just because NDSU is a football school and a few other schools, like Montana fit more of the baby FBS model, doesn't change what the reason for FCS was for in the first place. Just because NDSU has the resources to offer COA and should, in my opinion, doesn't mean the bottom half of FCS is wrong. It means the landscape of college football has changed and it needs to adapt. We are seeing that change with the P5 conferences and the G5 conferences fighting for their share of the pie. The answer isn't really that ISUb doesn't belong in FCS, it is that NDSU doesn't belong in FCS nor does the schools wanting to make a substantial financial commitment to football and play D1 in other sports. I get what NDSU fans don't want to see, we don't want to see a format where there isn't a championship like there is in FCS. That is a major downturn to this issue. NDSU needs a major breakdown to happen. Then everyone reorganizes into the level they should be at congruent to their commitment ability. It kind of is in poor taste to continue to belittle the FCS programs who want to keep the FCS where it was intended to be, and I have been part of that, just because schools like NDSU, SHSU, Montana, and others have changed the landscape. I have said it before, I would like football to be disconnected to the D1 requirement and let Georgetown, the Pioneer, and the Ivys play D3. Let ISUb play D2 where they can still offer scholarships but no COA. Or let FCS be a none COA level and let the COA committed schools form a new conference and move up as a unit and create a new G6 model where they either decide on 85 scholarships and COA or something less and COA but a distinct difference to FCS. Or make the G5 conferences move down to FCS with COA and push the schools not willing to make that financial commitment to move down without penalty to D1 participation in other sports. The bottom line is creating animosity between the existing FCS schools does nothing. We just have a different agenda. Someone just needs to find a solution for everyone.

2011BisonAlumni
09-27-2015, 04:46 PM
Before anyone gets real stupid here, lets back up for a moment. The FCS schools who are complaining about the COA actually do have a point. The FCS level was created for schools who did not have the resources to compete in football with FBS but wanted to compete in other sports at the D1 level. That is indisputable. Just because NDSU is a football school and a few other schools, like Montana fit more of the baby FBS model, doesn't change what the reason for FCS was for in the first place. Just because NDSU has the resources to offer COA and should, in my opinion, doesn't mean the bottom half of FCS is wrong. It means the landscape of college football has changed and it needs to adapt. We are seeing that change with the P5 conferences and the G5 conferences fighting for their share of the pie. The answer isn't really that ISUb doesn't belong in FCS, it is that NDSU doesn't belong in FCS nor does the schools wanting to make a substantial financial commitment to football and play D1 in other sports. I get what NDSU fans don't want to see, we don't want to see a format where there isn't a championship like there is in FCS. That is a major downturn to this issue. NDSU needs a major breakdown to happen. Then everyone reorganizes into the level they should be at congruent to their commitment ability. It kind of is in poor taste to continue to belittle the FCS programs who want to keep the FCS where it was intended to be, and I have been part of that, just because schools like NDSU, SHSU, Montana, and others have changed the landscape. I have said it before, I would like football to be disconnected to the D1 requirement and let Georgetown, the Pioneer, and the Ivys play D3. Let ISUb play D2 where they can still offer scholarships but no COA. Or let FCS be a none COA level and let the COA committed schools form a new conference and move up as a unit and create a new G6 model where they either decide on 85 scholarships and COA or something less and COA but a distinct difference to FCS. Or make the G5 conferences move down to FCS with COA and push the schools not willing to make that financial commitment to move down without penalty to D1 participation in other sports. The bottom line is creating animosity between the existing FCS schools does nothing. We just have a different agenda. Someone just needs to find a solution for everyone.

Completely agree with this. NDSU athletically and academically belongs in a conference with similar sized state flagship/landgrant etc type institutions . FBS schools like New Mexico, New Mexico State, Wyoming, Nevada, Idaho, Hawaii, belong in the same division as FCS schools like Montana, Montana State, NDSU, SDSU, and Illinois State.

GOBISON123
09-27-2015, 04:53 PM
Ko and Sean Engle verbal has Bunnies in a big time meltdown. They are blaming the loss of recruiting battle to us enticing these kids with COA. They don't like acknowledging our championship program or our coaching staff.

HerdBot
09-27-2015, 04:55 PM

The FCS level only has 22 less scholarships so I don't even buy the whole reason they did it was for basketball. Maybe for some of the conferences but not all.

And for all the whining teams... none of them compete with us for players. Maybe a handful of MVFC teams do and those teams are implementing the FCOA or are taking a series look at it.

How often do we compete against Indiana State for players?

And UNI? Don't they pay their BB coach the same as we pay to fund the total FCOA? That's THEIR decision to put a coach ahead of every student athlete on campus. He's eating lobster while the students are eating Taco Bell and working shitty part time jobs. And it's not only about football or basketball. It's about all the student athletes. NDSU treats programs equally. Others put all the money towards a coach.

2011BisonAlumni
09-27-2015, 05:06 PM
The FCS level only has 22 less scholarships so I don't even buy the whole reason they did it was for basketball. Maybe for some of the conferences but not all.

And for all the whining teams... none of them compete with us for players. Maybe a handful of MVFC teams do and those teams are implementing the FCOA or are taking a series look at it.

And UNI? Don't they pay their BB coach the same as we pay to fund the total FCOA? That's THEIR decision to put a coach ahead of every student athlete on campus. He's eating lobster while the students are eating Taco Bell and working shitty part time jobs. And it's not only about football or basketball. It's about all the student athletes.

Plus we have hit a point where we are recruiting more often than not with lower tier FBS schools like Wyoming and Northern Illinois. IMHO, NDSU offering FCOA isn't as much about us having a leg up on our FCS competition, but more about us maintaining an ability to recruit against the lower tier FBS schools.

tjbison
09-27-2015, 05:25 PM
I think all fcs schools that offer COA should be in the same conference

:hide::hide:

:biggrin:

HerdBot
09-27-2015, 06:01 PM
I think all fcs schools that offer COA should be in the same conference

:hide::hide:

:biggrin:

Ultimately that's what will happen anyways when the power 5 separate and we join forces with the good FBS programs and the weak and meak FCS teams drop down or drop football completely. I wish the ncaa would allow these teams to go D2 in football kind of like the way they let St Cloud/Duluth stay D2 but keep D1 hockey. Because ultimately if paying a million bucks to fund FCOA is such a big deal, your obviously not a D1 quality football program and have no desire to be. If they want to compete against dogshit programs and act lIke a D2 progran..go D2 or non scholarship. But don't bitch about programs that want to be the best use their resources. I want teams that build stadiums and pay their coaches big salaries. Not Indiana State and their high school stadium

td577
09-27-2015, 06:08 PM

And UNI? Don't they pay their BB coach the same as we pay to fund the total FCOA? That's THEIR decision to put a coach ahead of every student athlete on campus. He's eating lobster while the students are eating Taco Bell and working shitty part time jobs. And it's not only about football or basketball. It's about all the student athletes. NDSU treats programs equally. Others put all the money towards a coach.

It is not 22 less scholarships, it is 44+ less scholarships.

td577
09-27-2015, 06:14 PM
Ultimately that's what will happen anyways when the power 5 separate and we join forces with the good FBS programs and the weak and meak FCS teams drop down or drop football completely. I wish the ncaa would allow these teams to go D2 in football kind of like the way they let St Cloud/Duluth stay D2 but keep D1 hockey. Because ultimately if paying a million bucks to fund FCOA is such a big deal, your obviously not a D1 quality football program and have no desire to be. If they want to compete against dogshit programs and act lIke a D2 progran..go D2 or non scholarship. But don't bitch about programs that want to be the best use their resources

The NCAA had always let schools play d1 in a single sport. Just not basketball. I agree they should flip it and let schools do it the other way around with football. Georgetown was going to drop to d2. I don't know what happened to that.

HerdBot
09-27-2015, 06:16 PM
Ko and Sean Engle verbal has Bunnies in a big time meltdown. They are blaming the loss of recruiting battle to us enticing these kids with COA. They don't like acknowledging our championship program or our coaching staff.

Engel had a full cost of attendance offer from Wyoming and was actually considering paying for a really really expensive tuition to an Ivy League school so i doubt a whopping 3800 meant jack. (No pun intended) And sdsu wasn't on the top 4 list. They weren't even on thr radar with or without FCOA.

Grizzled
09-27-2015, 06:17 PM

They pay their basketball coach because he is very talented and if they didn't pay him, someone else would. Some of these schools basketball programs are on a different level so trying to do an apples to apples comparison of athletic depts is ridiculous.

tjbison
09-27-2015, 06:19 PM
They pay their basketball coach because he is very talented and if they didn't pay him, someone else would. Some of these schools basketball programs are on a different level so trying to do an apples to apples comparison of athletic depts is ridiculous.

Yep...I wish we payed our ball coaches more

HerdBot
09-27-2015, 06:26 PM

Kind of like, oh, football? Why is is it ok when its basketball for them but football for us? The MVFC is the SEC of our level. What if we decided to pay Kish a million bucks for wrestling because we're in thr Big 12? Would other schools freak out? Or what if the shac takes us to a higher level and we pay our coach a million bucks? Would Summit teams freak out?

We could some day pay a basketball coach a million bucks if we really wanted to. That's our choice and we do play in the same D1 as UNI does.

bisonaudit
09-27-2015, 06:31 PM
Engel had a full cost of attendance offer from Wyoming and was actually considering paying for a really really expensive tuition to an Ivy League school so i doubt a whopping 3800 meant jack. (No pun intended) And sdsu wasn't on the top 4 list. They weren't even on thr radar with or without FCOA.

Unless the kid's family is quite well off he/they wouldn't be paying Ivy League tuition. Just because there aren't athletic scholarships doesn't mean athletes don't receive financial aid.

BisoninNWMN
09-27-2015, 06:39 PM
Unless the kid's family is quite well off he/they wouldn't be paying Ivy League tuition. Just because there aren't athletic scholarships doesn't mean athletes don't receive financial aid.

My daughter applied to Cornell. Any financial aid given to students was based on what your parents made. Academic scholarships were separate.

bisonaudit
09-27-2015, 06:49 PM
According to Harvard. 90 percent of American families can send their child there for the same or less than a state school.

HerdBot
09-27-2015, 07:01 PM
According to Harvard. 90 percent of American families can send their child there for the same or less than a state school.

If your family makes less than 60k a year that may be true but if you make more than that, expect to pay $60,659 or nearly a a quarter million over 4 years.

Please use the calculator to estimate the net cost of attendance. The total 2015-2016 cost of attending Harvard College without financial aid is $45,278 for tuition and $60,659 for tuition, room, board and fees combined.

Pays to come from a poor family I guess?

jacksfan29
09-27-2015, 07:12 PM

Actually, he posted his final 4 on twitter. It was

NDSU
SDSU
Wyoming
Cornell

Guess you missed that one. That being said, I don't think FCOA was the issue. What was the issue? He was at the UND game, NDSU has won 4 straight national titles, they get a lot of support, it is close to home.

Grizzled
09-27-2015, 07:14 PM
Kind of like, oh, football? Why is is it ok when its basketball for them but football for us? The MVFC is the SEC of our level. What if we decided to pay Kish a million bucks for wrestling because we're in thr Big 12? Would other schools freak out? Or what if the shac takes us to a higher level and we pay our coach a million bucks? Would Summit teams freak out?

We could some day pay a basketball coach a million bucks if we really wanted to. That's our choice and we do play in the same D1 as UNI does.

If we had to pay our coaches some of the salaries other schools do just to remain competitive in their conference, we would have a hard affording FCOA. Not hard to understand.

HerdBot
09-27-2015, 07:50 PM
If we had to pay our coaches some of the salaries other schools do just to remain competitive in their conference, we would have a hard affording FCOA. Not hard to understand.

When the shac is sold out every game in a few years and full of teammakers dues, we will be able to afford a much higher salary for our coaches.

And when wrestling moves into the shac and we play Big 12 teams, it will become a revenue sport.

What next? Forbid teams like Illinois State and Youngstown from paying their coaches big bucks? Maybe we could forbid new stadiums and IPFs. I mean it gives an unfair advantage, right?

bisonaudit
09-27-2015, 08:39 PM
If your family makes less than 60k a year that may be true but if you make more than that, expect to pay $60,659 or nearly a a quarter million over 4 years.

Please use the calculator to estimate the net cost of attendance. The total 2015-2016 cost of attending Harvard College without financial aid is $45,278 for tuition and $60,659 for tuition, room, board and fees combined.

Pays to come from a poor family I guess?

I checked the calculator. It said a family of 4 from SD making 100,000 a year with a net worth (excluding equity in their primary residence) of 250,000 sending their first kid to school would pay 12,100 a year; 3,600 of which is work study income.

HerdBot
09-27-2015, 08:47 PM
I checked the calculator. It said a family of 4 from SD making 100,000 a year with a net worth (excluding equity in their primary residence) of 250,000 sending their first kid to school would pay 12,100 a year; 3,600 of which is work study income.

Sounds like it's a good option for people who are upper middle class or are really poor. Most people have a negative net worth with a mortgage and car payment.

bisonaudit
09-27-2015, 08:55 PM
Sounds like it's a good option for people who are upper middle class or are really poor. Most people have a negative net worth with a mortgage and car payment.

The less you make and the less you have the less you pay, all the way up into the upper middle class. Their isn't some doughnut where Harvard is screwing the kids of regular people. At least it doesn't look that way to me.

ByeSonBusiness
09-27-2015, 09:00 PM

I think so too.

Montana and the Ivies(particularly the Ivies I believe) have had success in basketball.

When the shac is sold out every game in a few years and full of teammakers dues, we will be able to afford a much higher salary for our coaches.

And when wrestling moves into the shac and we play Big 12 teams, it will become a revenue sport.

What next? Forbid teams like Illinois State and Youngstown from paying their coaches big bucks? Maybe we could forbid new stadiums and IPFs. I mean it gives an unfair advantage, right?

You have some very very very optimistic plans in mind.

HerdBot
09-27-2015, 09:07 PM
I think so too.

Montana and the Ivies(particularly the Ivies I believe) have had success in basketball.

You have some very very very optimistic plans in mind.

Honest question. With the success of the basketball team and the excitement around the shac, do you see a scenerio in which we don't sell out every game and increase revenue and teammakers revenue?

Heck wrestling may actually be a revenue sport. New arena. Big 12 competition. 3 All Americans. Nationally ranked recruiting class. All the stars are alligned for something big.

MAKBison
09-27-2015, 09:09 PM
Honest question. With the success of the basketball team and the excitement around the shac, do you see a scenerio in which we don't sell out every game and increase revenue and teammakers revenue?

Heck wrestling may actually be a revenue sport. New arena. Big 12 competition. 3 All Americans. Nationally ranked recruiting class. All the stars are alligned for something big.

I think if they could upgrade the softball field, you could get a decent crowed there

HerdBot
09-27-2015, 09:18 PM
I think if they could upgrade the softball field, you could get a decent crowed there

I dont think softball or baseball will ever be a revenue sport just based on weather and the limited number of hone gamed, but heck we would be giddy if we would just not lose as much.

MAKBison
09-27-2015, 09:20 PM
I dont think softball or baseball will ever be a revenue sport just based on weather and the limited number of hone gamed, but heck we would be giddy if we would just not lose as much.

Was not saying that...as I agree on weather. However, enough people like SB that if we had a decent field it would fill up.

ByeSonBusiness
09-27-2015, 10:04 PM

Maybe it will. I don't want to assume it will suddenly sell out all the time. Hopefully it does.

I don't think wrestling will be bringing money in but we will see.

1998braves64
09-27-2015, 10:09 PM
Maybe it will. I don't want to assume it will suddenly sell out all the time. Hopefully it does.

I think with big 12 and a little marketing wrestling could bring in a bit of coin. Might depend on how much they pay for keeping upper echelon coaches.

HerdBot
09-27-2015, 10:38 PM

I posted that in response to someone who said if we had to pay a huge coaching salary, we would be screwed.

I say if (when) basketball takes off and sells out with thr shac and Teammaker revenue explodes, is it conceivable we could afford to pay a coaching staff dramatically more, kind of like UNI. (Maybe not as much but ballpark) It's not like UNI has some arena twice the size as the shac. They keep it small, sell it out, and charge a lot for tickets.

So much potential for basketball and thr shac revenue it's crazy. We haven't even done a thing with TV yet. With Oral Roberts coming back in makes everything more attractive. (Which gets back to my other point thst quality conference games and success helps everyone)

And wrestling. .. that would be gravy

56BISON73
09-27-2015, 10:53 PM
I posted that in response to someone who said if we had to pay a huge coaching salary, we would be screwed.

I say if (when) basketball takes off and sells out with thr shac and Teammaker revenue explodes, is it conceivable we could afford to pay a coaching staff dramatically more, kind of like UNI. (Maybe not as much but ballpark) It's not like UNI has some arena twice the size as the shac. They keep it small, sell it out, and charge a lot for tickets.

So much potential for basketball and thr shac revenue it's crazy. We haven't even done a thing with TV yet. With Oral Roberts coming back in makes everything more attractive. (Which gets back to my other point thst quality conference games and success helps everyone)

And wrestling. .. that would be gravy

I dont think betting on the come is a valid business plan.

HerdBot
09-27-2015, 11:04 PM

I never said it was. I said the stadium will sell out and if we have so much success that everyone wants to steal our coach, we will likely have way more money than we do now and could afford to pay him. The only way this place doesn't go crazy is if we suck and if we suck, we won't have anyone trying to steal our coach like Saul. If Nobody wants to steal our coach, we won't need to pay a big salary. So we're already in a great spot before we do anything.

jack power
09-27-2015, 11:12 PM

You have a link to this "big time meltdown"? TIA I must of missed it.

tjbison
09-27-2015, 11:13 PM

Yeah, I didn't see that either.......

HerdBot
09-27-2015, 11:23 PM

GOBISON123 posts bullshit pretty much every day so I apologize on behalf of his douchbaggery. He's a troll which is why his rep is red, unlike most bunny fans.

unbison
09-27-2015, 11:44 PM
The if or when the buson basketball has success is right now herdbot

td577
09-28-2015, 12:02 AM

The rub here is we are the ones changing the landscape of FCS. There is a legitimate argument some FCS programs have that if NDSU wants to be a football school, do what Marshall and Boise State did. We know from our point of view it isn't that easy. From their point of view, FCS was a subdivision allowing schools to commit less financially to football while meeting a D1 football requirement to compete in other D1 sports. That has always been the model. Some schools, like those in the Pioneer and Ivys have taken it even a step further by making it even less of a financial commitment. So I am not sure how it is easy for anyone to say how someone else should spend their money or suggest it is only x amount so they need to make a change. We are actually the ones forcing the change to a system in place long before we got here. I am not saying that is a bad thing, it is simply a legitimate argument for a lot of those schools. I can understand they want a cap to how much is spent to insure some equity at the level. Otherwise, the subdivision is split up into a bunch of FBS wannabes and those who want to play football as a hobby. Granted, it is already like that, but this does make it worse and adds a third level to a fairly convoluted division which I am sure many thought was pretty simple in the beginning. No one would let them play D2 football and D1 everything else but let them have this lower scholarship level subdivision as D1-AA to make up for not wanting almost 50 more scholarships. While I think COA is a no brainer and not from a competitive standpoint but rather a common sense standpoint, there are a lot of FCS schools that want to keep football at the hobby level and the NCAA isn't helping them much. Like I have already stated, the answer isn't to mess up the purpose of FCS but to find the FCS schools who want to make a further commitment to football and make a move towards a new model. Create the new Great 12 Athletic Conference, or whatever you want to call it, and go FBS. It can be a football only conference to start and not mess up any other conference affiliations and the new GTAC becomes a G5 powerhouse conference overnight with 11 other likeminded institutions. The commitment being COA and 85 scholarships. As it gains traction and influence, it leads the way into a G5 break off into a playoff structure. 12 of the top 20 FCS programs committed to a new conference would immediately be on par with the MWC.

The other solution is to keep rocking the boat until the P5 has completely severed ties with everyone. This isn't a bad way to go because I feel NDSU has a home in the next second tier either way. The only difference is we have to put up with the whining and do have to acknowledge it is legitimate. I do think this is probably the path NDSU is going to take, so we have to put up with it. It just isn't so cut and dry that everyone else is wrong. Just because we have contributed to making the FCS a 10 team subdivision, it doesn't make the other 90 schools who have been doing this a lot longer completely irrelevant. It is more like we all have to put up with the way it is for now until everything gets put in the blender and comes out right.

td577
09-28-2015, 12:05 AM

I completely agree but you have to admit, NDSU has made a lot of great decisions based on fairly dreamy projections. Betting on the come seems more like you don't know what you want but if you win something good will happen. I have a little more faith there is an actual goal in mind by our administration.

Vet70
09-28-2015, 12:13 AM
The rub here is we are the ones changing the landscape of FCS. There is a legitimate argument some FCS programs have that if NDSU wants to be a football school, do what Marshall and Boise State did. We know from our point of view it isn't that easy. From their point of view, FCS was a subdivision allowing schools to commit less financially to football while meeting a D1 football requirement to compete in other D1 sports. That has always been the model. Some schools, like those in the Pioneer and Ivys have taken it even a step further by making it even less of a financial commitment. So I am not sure how it is easy for anyone to say how someone else should spend their money or suggest it is only x amount so they need to make a change. We are actually the ones forcing the change to a system in place long before we got here. I am not saying that is a bad thing, it is simply a legitimate argument for a lot of those schools. I can understand they want a cap to how much is spent to insure some equity at the level. Otherwise, the subdivision is split up into a bunch of FBS wannabes and those who want to play football as a hobby. Granted, it is already like that, but this does make it worse and adds a third level to a fairly convoluted division which I am sure many thought was pretty simple in the beginning. No one would let them play D2 football and D1 everything else but let them have this lower scholarship level subdivision as D1-AA to make up for not wanting almost 50 more scholarships. While I think COA is a no brainer and not from a competitive standpoint but rather a common sense standpoint, there are a lot of FCS schools that want to keep football at the hobby level and the NCAA isn't helping them much. Like I have already stated, the answer isn't to mess up the purpose of FCS but to find the FCS schools who want to make a further commitment to football and make a move towards a new model. Create the new Great 12 Athletic Conference, or whatever you want to call it, and go FBS. It can be a football only conference to start and not mess up any other conference affiliations and the new GTAC becomes a G5 powerhouse conference overnight with 11 other likeminded institutions. The commitment being COA and 85 scholarships. As it gains traction and influence, it leads the way into a G5 break off into a playoff structure. 12 of the top 20 FCS programs committed to a new conference would immediately be on par with the MWC.

The other solution is to keep rocking the boat until the P5 has completely severed ties with everyone. This isn't a bad way to go because I feel NDSU has a home in the next second tier either way. The only difference is we have to put up with the whining and do have to acknowledge it is legitimate. I do think this is probably the path NDSU is going to take, so we have to put up with it. It just isn't so cut and dry that everyone else is wrong. Just because we have contributed to making the FCS a 10 team subdivision, it doesn't make the other 90 schools who have been doing this a lot longer completely irrelevant. It is more like we all have to put up with the way it is for now until everything gets put in the blender and comes out right.

A good deal of the whining comes at least with the implication than NDSU is cheating or doing something unfair outside of the rules. You hit on a key point in your first paragraph---the NCAA is not helping them much.

56BISON73
09-28-2015, 12:33 AM
I completely agree but you have to admit, NDSU has made a lot of great decisions based on fairly dreamy projections. Betting on the come seems more like you don't know what you want but if you win something good will happen. I have a little more faith there is an actual goal in mind by our administration.

NDSU knows that they well get better attendance by virtue of a more comfortable venue. Now if you throw in a winning team with some good marketing to let the public know that a winning tradition is in the making they could hopefully pack the place.

Ive heard that our new AD has great vision.

StL Bison Fan
09-28-2015, 01:42 AM
T
NDSU knows that they well get better attendance by virtue of a more comfortable venue. Now if you throw in a winning team with some good marketing to let the public know that a winning tradition is in the making they could hopefully pack the place.

Ive heard that our new AD has great vision.

Yes, he is a vision. Oh wait, you didnt mean that, you meant something else :biggrin:

Grizzled
09-28-2015, 02:56 AM

Do you actually believe what you post? Wrestling will never be a revenue sport. Money grows on trees in your world.

HerdBot
09-28-2015, 04:38 AM
Do you actually believe what you post? Wrestling will never be a revenue sport. Money grows on trees in your world.

Apparently you didn't get the memo about the Big 12.

56BISON73
09-28-2015, 04:46 AM

The one where is said we are only an affiliate member for their tournament?

SamsRams
09-28-2015, 07:26 AM

not versed in the subject so hopefully you can help. What schools are making money on wrestling?

HerdBot
09-28-2015, 07:49 AM
The one where is said we are only an affiliate member for their tournament?

I know it's affiliate but we will get some home matches. Sdsu released their schedule and get home matches with Oklahoma State and West Virginia. If the Gophers draw sellouts at home I would imagine the matches vs the big name Big 12 teams would

BisoninNWMN
09-28-2015, 11:52 AM
not versed in the subject so hopefully you can help. What schools are making money on wrestling?

Probably only the perennial powers like: OK State, Iowa, Minny and Penn State. But I think the Bison could be a very successful D1 wrestling program. IMO, it is on the right track with Kish.

Grizzled
09-28-2015, 01:59 PM
I know it's affiliate but we will get some home matches. Sdsu released their schedule and get home matches with Oklahoma State and West Virginia. If the Gophers draw sellouts at home I would imagine the matches vs the big name Big 12 teams would

The amount of tickets we would have to give away to get sellouts for wrestling would be cost neutral. Wrestling will never be a revenue sport with only 7 home matches/duels. Not a bad thing, just reality.

HerdBot
09-28-2015, 02:41 PM
The amount of tickets we would have to give away to get sellouts for wrestling would be cost neutral. Wrestling will never be a revenue sport with only 7 home matches/duels. Not a bad thing, just reality.

Definitely not a ton of matches. Anyone know what the attendance records are? They dont seem to publish them. Obviously the Gophers sold out but that was in the dinky sized Benson Bunker. What would it have drawn had it been in the Shac. Would annual Big 12 teams draw as well? Even if it's not a revenue sport, at the very least we would lose less money which is a good thing

ByeSonBusiness
09-30-2015, 04:03 AM
Probably only the perennial powers like: OK State, Iowa, Minny and Penn State. But I think the Bison could be a very successful D1 wrestling program. IMO, it is on the right track with Kish.

Definitely not a ton of matches. Anyone know what the attendance records are? They dont seem to publish them. Obviously the Gophers sold out but that was in the dinky sized Benson Bunker. What would it have drawn had it been in the Shac. Would annual Big 12 teams draw as well? Even if it's not a revenue sport, at the very least we would lose less money which is a good thing

Iowa State averaged about 2,300. Oklahoma State is at 3,000. West Virginia was not in the top 20.. Old Dominion was 20 at around 800.

Minnesota had a high of 13,000. An average around 5,000. From what I can see, Iowa is a major catalyst for teams to get a big attendance boost.

I really look at wrestling (sport I really enjoyed talking part in) and see an opportunity for NDSU to be pretty good. I doubt attendance will ever get that good. If Iowa St... Oklahoma St, etc. don't draw big crowds (no idea what kind of venues are in use, but I can't imagine they are in poor facilities), I just don't see NDSU drawing that well.

HerdBot
09-30-2015, 04:25 AM
Iowa State averaged about 2,300. Oklahoma State is at 3,000. West Virginia was not in the top 20.. Old Dominion was 20 at around 800.

Minnesota had a high of 13,000. An average around 5,000. From what I can see, Iowa is a major catalyst for teams to get a big attendance boost.

I really look at wrestling (sport I really enjoyed talking part in) and see an opportunity for NDSU to be pretty good. I doubt attendance will ever get that good. If Iowa St... Oklahoma St, etc. don't draw big crowds (no idea what kind of venues are in use, but I can't imagine they are in poor facilities), I just don't see NDSU drawing that well.

For a Big 12 team, they are used to being in the Big 12. Prolly not a big deal for fans who see Big 12 stuff all the time. For NDSU to be in the Big 12 is a huge deal. I think the fans will eat it up. Especially when it's coupled with the SHAC. Maybe a bit wishful but damn, it's the legit Big 12. If we can't market that, we really suck at marketing.

56BISON73
09-30-2015, 04:28 AM
For a Big 12 team, they are used to being in the Big 12. Prolly not a big deal for fans who see Big 12 stuff all the time. For NDSU to be in the Big 12 is a huge deal. I think the fans will eat it up. Especially when it's coupled with the SHAC. Maybe a bit wishful but damn, it's the legit Big 12. If we can't market that, we really suck at marketing.

You have to get them to schedule a dual first.

ByeSonBusiness
09-30-2015, 04:33 AM

And keep the excitement up. I could see a big crowd the first time they come.. But do they keep coming back after that?

Big crowds are rare in wrestling. Wish it wasn't the case.

HerdBot
09-30-2015, 04:42 AM

They will come. Sdsu already has Oklahoma State and Virginia on next year's schedule.

56BISON73
09-30-2015, 06:16 AM
They will come. Sdsu already has Oklahoma State and Virginia on next year's schedule.

That has nothing to do with us. Trying to extrapolate SDSUs schedule to ours in the future is BS.

MontBison
09-30-2015, 07:02 AM
That has nothing to do with us. Trying to extrapolate SDSUs schedule to ours in the future is BS.

If gabe said the sky was blue would you argue with him that it wasn't?

Grizzled
09-30-2015, 07:27 AM
If gabe said the sky was blue would you argue with him that it wasn't?

Gabe would also say that money would be falling from that blue sky.

SamsRams
09-30-2015, 11:22 AM

Wait a second. So big 12 wrestling teams are under no obligation to wrestle other conference teams until the big 12 championships?

Grizzled
09-30-2015, 11:53 AM
Wait a second. So big 12 wrestling teams are under no obligation to wrestle other conference teams until the big 12 championships?

That is correct. The 6 WWC schools were added to maintain auto bid status and the original Big12 schools do not have to schedule regular season duals.

Mr Meaty
09-30-2015, 01:37 PM
So we are like their dirty little secret. We need you but we don't need you type of deal. BS

CAS4127
09-30-2015, 01:45 PM

????? Won't their be conference duals?

Edit: just saw last couple posts.

Sent from my iPhone.

HerdBot
09-30-2015, 01:46 PM
That is correct. The 6 WWC schools were added to maintain auto bid status and the original Big12 schools do not have to schedule regular season duals.

True, but they are scheduling them. Oklahoma State and West Virginia going to Brookings. Well get our matches. Probably waiting for thr SHAC to be completed. The BBF isn't how we want to welcome B12 teams.

Grizzled
09-30-2015, 02:19 PM
True, but they are scheduling them. Oklahoma State and West Virginia going to Brookings. Well get our matches. Probably waiting for thr SHAC to be completed. The BBF isn't how we want to welcome B12 teams.

Here is a quote from the Big 12 conference commish when everything was announced-

"“The additional institutions will improve and strengthen what are already strong postseason events for the Big 12. We are looking forward to welcoming coaches, student-athletes and fans from each of the affiliate institutions to future Big 12 Wrestling Championships.”

True these duals will/may get scheduled but to bank on it and than say they will sell out when it happens is a huge stretch at this time. To claim wrestling will become a revenue sport is even a bigger stretch outside of reality. Its great we are in the Big 12, but they didn't exactly roll out the red carpet when it was announced.

HerdBot
09-30-2015, 02:34 PM
Here is a quote from the Big 12 conference commish when everything was announced-

"“The additional institutions will improve and strengthen what are already strong postseason events for the Big 12. We are looking forward to welcoming coaches, student-athletes and fans from each of the affiliate institutions to future Big 12 Wrestling Championships.”

True these duals will/may get scheduled but to bank on it and than say they will sell out when it happens is a huge stretch at this time. To claim wrestling will become a revenue sport is even a bigger stretch outside of reality. Its great we are in the Big 12, but they didn't exactly roll out the red carpet when it was announced.

If we're not going to get home matches well duh. We won't draw dick. I guess we're the red headed step children of the Big 12. But if we get Iowa State and Oklahoma State to come here regularly, in additon to the occasional Gophers or other solid non conference... I could easily see us drawing huge huge numbers. And that's not a stretch at all. And if huge numbers can't be profitable, I really don't know what to say about that other than find a new accountant or business manager.

Grizzled
09-30-2015, 03:01 PM
If we're not going to get home matches well duh. We won't draw dick. I guess we're the red headed step children of the Big 12. But if we get Iowa State and Oklahoma State to come here regularly, in additon to the occasional Gophers or other solid non conference... I could easily see us drawing huge huge numbers. And that's not a stretch at all. And if huge numbers can't be profitable, I really don't know what to say about that other than find a new accountant or business manager.

Define huge numbers.

ByeSonBusiness
09-30-2015, 03:05 PM
Define huge numbers.

And explain why other schools are not getting huge numbers.

Bison"FANatic"
09-30-2015, 03:12 PM
And explain why other schools are not getting huge numbers.

Niche sport.

Will it even be a NCAA sport in 15 years. With FCOA I can see more G5 and FCS schools dropping programs and Wrestling may be in the cross hairs at many schools.

bisonaudit
09-30-2015, 03:17 PM
I don't think college wrestling is a "revenue sport" anywhere outside of Carver-Hawkeye Arena.

Grizzled
09-30-2015, 03:23 PM
I don't think college wrestling is a "revenue sport" anywhere outside of Carver-Hawkeye Arena.

Everyone seems to understand that but Gabe.

HerdBot
09-30-2015, 04:16 PM
Everyone seems to understand that but Gabe.

Well let's see how we draw when we finally get some Big 12 teams in thr new SHAC for a few years, then we'll revisit. A large majority of the schools never thought FCS football would be a revenue sport either. Fargo is just in a different spot when it comes to support.

1998braves64
09-30-2015, 05:24 PM
Well let's see how we draw when we finally get some Big 12 teams in thr new SHAC for a few years, then we'll revisit. A large majority of the schools never thought FCS football would be a revenue sport either. Fargo is just in a different spot when it comes to support.

For it to happen though is going to take consistent year in year out of Big 12 teams showing up in SHAC, and then trying to lure in other nationally known programs.

Mostly self sustaining I can see; but making a good chunk of money generating is going to take some hard work.

ByeSonBusiness
09-30-2015, 06:24 PM
For it to happen though is going to take consistent year in year out of Big 12 teams showing up in SHAC, and then trying to lure in other nationally known programs.

Mostly self sustaining I can see; but making a good chunk of money generating is going to take some hard work.

And people would have to show up. The SHAC will be cool but I don't see wrestling duals suddenly becoming the place to be.

Mr Meaty
09-30-2015, 06:31 PM
And people would have to show up. The SHAC will be cool but I don't see wrestling duals suddenly becoming the place to be.

I would tend to agree with your statement. But if better teams and better venue to have matches will help with attendance. You just have to market it. Wrestling fans are like soccer and teh hockie fans. They will come if you build it (market it) and also have a good product to watch. Kish is got this going in the right direction.
PS I am not a wrestling fan but I think things will improve once the SHAC is done.

Grizzled
09-30-2015, 06:37 PM

With only 7 or 8 home duals, it will be extremely difficult to make money. Most sports nationally lose money, Fargo won't be unique to that.

tjbison
09-30-2015, 06:44 PM
what's wrestling making money and getting b12 teams on the schedule have to do with FCOA?

maybe I missed it

roadwarrior
09-30-2015, 07:17 PM
what's wrestling making money and getting b12 teams on the schedule have to do with FCOA?

maybe I missed it

It's called "thread drift"

Hammersmith
09-30-2015, 11:22 PM

The following is opinion and deduction, not fact. But I think it's pretty close.

The reason why conference duals didn't happen is two-fold, I think. It sounds like there are significant personality conflicts between at least one WWC and one B12 coach. A personality conflict so strong that at least one of the two didn't want duals between the programs. I wonder if that was one of the reasons for the long delay between us hearing that the merger was a sure thing and the final announcement. Something had to be holding up the process, and I wonder if the major reason was the question of duals scheduling.

In any case, the late final decision made the scheduling of conference duals yet this year almost impossible. I guess what I'm saying is that, while we aren't seeing WWC/B12 conference duals now, that doesn't mean things won't change in a year or three. Coaches change and positions change. What's true now might not be true in a year.

But wrestling isn't going to be a revenue sport at NDSU. Don't need a crystal ball for that one. It might be a low-cost non-revenue sport between scholarship endowments and good attendance at the few home duals, but it ain't going to break even.

NDSU1980
10-01-2015, 02:35 AM
Heard this on the news today, I'm no lawyer so I couldn't follow it, but NCAA got a major court decision on paying athletes. I can't figure out if stipends stay or go? Calling CAS. http://news.yahoo.com/appeals-court-rules-ncaa-violation-153315261.html;_ylt=AwrC1C1dmwxWpTgA3C7QtDMD;_ylu= X3oDMTByOHZyb21tBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYw Nzcg--

Another http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2015/09/30/ed-obannon-ncaa-lawsuit-appeals-court-ruling?xid=si_ncaab

56BISON73
10-01-2015, 02:40 AM
Heard this on the news today, I'm no lawyer so I couldn't follow it, but NCAA got a major court decision on paying athletes. I can't figure out if stipends stay or go? Calling CAS. http://news.yahoo.com/appeals-court-rules-ncaa-violation-153315261.html;_ylt=AwrC1C1dmwxWpTgA3C7QtDMD;_ylu= X3oDMTByOHZyb21tBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYw Nzcg--

It has nothing to do with stipends or FCOA. It was about using their likeness and or images in NCAA licensed video games and other merchandise. The NCAA lost the law suit and the judge ruled 5k to the athletes. The 5k was just struck down.

ByeSonBusiness
10-01-2015, 01:57 PM
I'm still pretty butthurt about the games. NCAA football is love. NCAA football is life.

Yote 53
10-01-2015, 03:56 PM

I have a question for those FCS schools that don't want FCOA for football but do for basketball. How do you look those student-athlete football players in the eyes and tell them they are not as valuable as the other student-athletes in the athletic department who play basketball, women's basketball, track, swimming, etc? I just think it is wrong that basketball athletes are valued more than football athletes. That's why non-scholarship FCS programs like Drake kind of tick me off. I also think it is wrong for football athletes to be valued more than a women's softball athlete. Full FCOA for all athletes is the only morally right way this should happen.

Bison 4 Life
10-01-2015, 04:00 PM
I have a question for those FCS schools that don't want FCOA for football but do for basketball. How do you look those student-athlete football players in the eyes and tell them they are not as valuable as the other student-athletes in the athletic department who play basketball, women's basketball, track, swimming, etc? I just think it is wrong that basketball athletes are valued more than football athletes. That's why non-scholarship FCS programs like Drake kind of tick me off. I also think it is wrong for football athletes to be valued more than a women's softball athlete. Full FCOA for all athletes is the only morally right way this should happen.

They don't care. they only want competitive balance when it suits them.

tjbison
10-01-2015, 04:00 PM

they don't care.....that's why they hate us...we won't do that, now their fans are mKing arguments that paying the FCOA is the only way to get kids to come here....lol whatever turns their crank

Grizzled
10-01-2015, 04:03 PM

For a lot of FCS schools their basketball programs are what pays the bills for the other sports on campus. They have to remain competitive so sports like track, swimming, tennis, etc have the opportunity to compete. I agree, if it can be afforded pay all athletes. If schools have to choose though they are going to choose the sports that pay the bills.

Its no different than any business out there. Some departments have to be run lean and mean while others seem to have employees sitting on their thumbs. Its all about the return on investment and if athletes of other sports don't like it, perhaps they will have opportunities to compete at schools that can pay them FCOA above and beyond the scholarship they may already be getting.

wow
10-01-2015, 04:17 PM

NDSU doesn't have to worry about swimming student-athletes at all! USD doesn't have to worry about baseball student-athletes either!

Yote 53
10-01-2015, 04:33 PM
BTW, reading your thread drift about wrestling, I think NDSU wrestling could become big enough to break even/slight profit. Fargo loves winners. You guys love the Big Time. Put a winner on the mat and when a Big 12 program comes to town people will show up in droves if it is marketed and hyped in the news. Wrestling people are like hockey people. Niche sports on a national level but popular in the upper midwest and people will come out to support it. Nothing like a big time wrestling event between two ranked teams in a packed house. The electricity of the event will hook people into coming back. Of course I am originally from Iowa where wrestling is revered, so I am biased.

I'll bet you that if you have an event like a ranked Bison wrestling dual with Okie State the building will be full. I can guarantee you that there will be wrestling families making the trek from as far away as Vermillion to see that. They already make regular trips over to Iowa City to see the Hawkeyes. Fargo would be easier access to the product, and probably more local boys competing, people they know.

Wrestling people are different folks. They're kind of like hockey people in that they are very protective of their sport and go out of their way to promote it. Wrestling people also do things for the good of and to grow the sport, like hockey people do. College wrestling coaches know the crisis they have on their hands, the sport may not exist collegiately in 20 years if something isn't done. I can see big time programs coming to Fargo in order to grow the sport in a new area if they see NDSU making a commitment to it.

To put it in perspective, I coach youth hockey down in Sioux City, IA. There are at least 3-4 families a year that make the trip to Grand Forks to take in a UND hockey game. These same families will also make one or two trips a year to Omaha (much, much closer) to take in a UNO game, all the while regularly attending the USHL Musketeer games and taking in road trips to Sioux Falls for Muskie games. This is all done while navigating a travel schedule for the youth team of about 40-50 games a year (which includes two trips to Fargo-Moorhead a season). That's alot of hockey, but that's the type of people you're dealing with. That's how wrestling people act towards their sport too. Build NDSU wrestling and the people will come.

jacksfan29
10-01-2015, 05:22 PM
I'll bet you that if you have an event like a ranked Bison wrestling dual with Okie State the building will be full. I can guarantee you that there will be wrestling families making the trek from as far away as Vermillion to see that. They already make regular trips over to Iowa City to see the Hawkeyes. Fargo would be easier access to the product, and probably more local boys competing, people they know.

So will those same wrestling families show up in Brookings? Oklahoma State are at Frost at the end of November for a dual. I just don't see wrestling ever being a big money maker. Love the sport, but it isn't what it used to be when every HS across the country offered the sport.

Yote 53
10-01-2015, 05:33 PM
So will those same wrestling families show up in Brookings? Oklahoma State are at Frost at the end of November for a dual. I just don't see wrestling ever being a big money maker. Love the sport, but it isn't what it used to be when every HS across the country offered the sport.\

Yes they will seeing as the Jacks have one of Vermillion's own wrestling for them this year. Brett Bye of Vermillion is a Freshman 165 lber for SDSU.

ETA: I meant Vermillion area wrestling fans will be in Brookings this year.

Also, Brookings is not Fargo. Sorry, Fargo has a lot more people to sell to than Brookings or Vermillion.

BisoninNWMN
10-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Wrestling could carve out a nice following in the new arena. Make money? Don't know but generate more dollars compared to past years.

Didn't Iowa almost fill the BSA in the D2 days, when they came here?

bisonaudit
10-01-2015, 07:03 PM

Collegiate athletic departments are very good at telling athletes that they're worth less than someone else. They've been doing it, more or less since they started putting college sports on TV.

Vet70
01-13-2016, 09:34 PM
Other MVFC news---over on AGS they are discussing that UNI is offering COA in 2015 for football. Haven't gone to their board and I won't, but I am assuming that there will now be a great outcry to kick their school out of the Valley.

Bison 4 Life
01-13-2016, 09:46 PM
Other MVFC news---over on AGS they are discussing that UNI is offering COA in 2015 for football. Haven't gone to their board and I won't, but I am assuming that there will now be a great outcry to kick their school out of the Valley.

They're all still crying about it. Blah blah, FCS shouldn't have FCOA.

tjbison
01-13-2016, 10:24 PM
if anyone thought the Pansies were not going to follow NDSU they were high

it was only a matter of time, now has there been an official release though? is it all or just full Scholly kids as I could see them doing that

Vet70
01-13-2016, 11:25 PM
if anyone thought the Pansies were not going to follow NDSU they were high
it was only a matter of time, now has there been an official release though? is it all or just full Scholly kids as I could see them doing that

This the only thing that is on the google and it is from a UNI fan on AGS (plus as of now 40 comments):

Clenz
I knew it was coming, and this is a year earlier than I thought

No big announcement like USD but UNI football recruits are saying UNI offered scholarship plus FCOA

BisonTru
01-13-2016, 11:34 PM
This the only thing that is on the google and it is from a UNI fan on AGS (plus as of now 40 comments):

Clenz
I knew it was coming, and this is a year earlier than I thought

No big announcement like USD but UNI football recruits are saying UNI offered scholarship plus FCOA

Sonny Onken ‏@Sondog 15 Dec 2015
Even more excited about my four year full ride plus cost of living I was offered from the University of Northern Iowa last night!!

https://twitter.com/Sondog/status/676824810203291648

BattleBorn
01-14-2016, 12:50 AM
Good on them. A strong UNI makes us stronger come playoff time.

BisonHorns
01-14-2016, 02:15 AM
This is good news for the conference. Nice job panthers.

bruinbison
01-15-2016, 05:00 PM
Sonny Onken ‏@Sondog 15 Dec 2015
Even more excited about my four year full ride plus cost of living I was offered from the University of Northern Iowa last night!!

https://twitter.com/Sondog/status/676824810203291648

Here is a long article from Oct 3rd about a Hawkeye TE commit. It includes
a segment on Sonny Onken and their match-up (Onken - 6' 4" 240 DE).
Onken is already listed as a UNI offer as of Oct 3rd, so perhaps UNI's COA
decision to go with COS is from around this date - Dec 15th.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/high-school/recruiting/2015/10/03/college-football-recruiting-chariton-tight-end-tj-hockenson-iowa-hawkeyes/73294278/

Also of note, when you actually go on Onken's Twitter feed, it looks like
Coach Roehl is on his Twitter list. Interesting. The article states he wants to
play FBS, hoping for an offer. Here is an interesting quote from the article:

He said Iowa State coaches told him his pass rushing skills were “all they wanted and more” for the FBS level, but they wanted to see to see more from him in defending the run.

4 FCS offers at the time of this article
(also from SDSU & Western Illinois & South Dakota)

jackrabbit1979
01-26-2016, 01:50 PM
I didn't see any discussion on this anywhere else on Bisonville?

http://ndsuspectrum.com/athletics-re...-student-fees/

http://ndsuspectrum.com/athletics-re...-fee-increase/

This is similar to what has caused some hand-wringing at USD as they are increasing student fees to pay for athletic's operational expenses at the same time they are using athletic monies to cover COA for student athletes.

bisonaudit
01-26-2016, 01:57 PM
Forum today on student fee proposed increase.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3932543-ndsu-athletic-department-wants-more-student-funding-through-activity-fees

HerdBot
01-26-2016, 02:21 PM

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3932543-ndsu-athletic-department-wants-more-student-funding-through-activity-fees

I was hoping we would keep that in our back pocket for a stadium funding revenue stream someday

imabison
01-26-2016, 02:44 PM

Key statement in this article "leave earlier or come back later,” ...... road trips"

Which to me means more bus trips and less flights.

1998braves64
01-26-2016, 02:46 PM
Note the forum indicates that alumni would get priority points due to the increased fees.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

IBleedYellow
01-26-2016, 03:14 PM
That's BS. I want my priority points retroactively, please.

Hammerhead
01-27-2016, 01:51 AM
Me too -- only make it by # of quarters/semesters enrolled. It only took me 17 quarters (if you include 2 summer quarter classes one year) to earn a degree.

That's BS. I want my priority points retroactively, please.

MAKBison
01-28-2016, 03:26 AM
Me too -- only make it by # of quarters/semesters enrolled. It only took me 17 quarters (if you include 2 summer quarter classes one year) to earn a degree.

Nay by degree(s) earned

tony
01-29-2016, 12:53 PM

Hahaha! Well, the deal on the table is that students are getting priority points in exchange for an increase in activity fees... are we going to retroactively pay the difference between the per-credit fees when we went to school and the fees now?

A1pigskin
01-31-2016, 02:56 PM
Hahaha! Well, the deal on the table is that students are getting priority points in exchange for an increase in activity fees... are we going to retroactively pay the difference between the per-credit fees when we went to school and the fees now?

Is it an option or mandate?

NDSU1980
01-31-2016, 04:36 PM
Do the students vote on this, or is the decision made by the Finance Commission and Student Senate? I really hope the whole student body doesn't vote because you never know how that will go. Seems there's always a few in the crowd that think everyone else should pay and not them. (cough cough)

Vet70
01-31-2016, 05:03 PM
Do the students vote on this, or is the decision made by the Finance Commission and Student Senate? I really hope the whole student body doesn't vote because you never know how that will go. Seems there's always a few in the crowd that think everyone else should pay and not them. (cough cough)

The fee increase would have to be approved by the NDSU Student Finance Advisory Board and require the approval of President Dean Bresciani.

56BISON73
02-01-2016, 05:25 AM
Note the forum indicates that alumni would get priority points due to the increased fees.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Thats a terrible come on.

stevdock
02-01-2016, 12:03 PM
Did Phelps seriously say the reason for wanting to do this is basically "because everyone else is doing it"?? That's a terrible reason to increase fees.

PattyBison
02-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Did Phelps seriously say the reason for wanting to do this is basically "because everyone else is doing it"?? That's a terrible reason to increase fees.

No. He did not.

imabison
02-01-2016, 07:35 PM
No. He did not.
He said because NDSU rates were less than comparable colleges in the region.

Mayville Bison
02-01-2016, 07:59 PM

That's more their justification for asking. The reason? Well, more money is always better, right?

stevdock
02-01-2016, 11:42 PM
No. He did not.

Please tell me how he didn't. Because that's sure how it sounded to me. And especially when the Governor says NDSU needs to cut millions out of their budget, because that is probably going to mean partially funded with increased tuition.

NDSU and all colleges need to figure out really quick that their product is not as essential as it used to be to get a nice paying career. I started at NDSU 20 years ago now and kids are paying the same amount for one year of school as I did for all five.

bisonaudit
02-02-2016, 12:01 AM
And here comes the pain that just about everyone else experienced 6 or 7 years ago...

NDSU1980
02-02-2016, 12:31 AM
And here comes the pain that just about everyone else experienced 6 or 7 years ago...

Why think of it as pain for Heavens sake? We all need to step up and write a bigger check (and for the two that give nothing, they can start). The program is pushing higher all the time and that costs money. And YES, I'm including myself in this.

roadwarrior
02-12-2016, 05:37 PM
OK - now comes the hard part. In order for NDSU to pay FCOA, they need to raise the money from Bison Nation. I was contacted yesterday and asked to pledge support for this cause for the next three years.

The donations are to be payable to "NDSU Athletic Fund" and the donations are 100% tax deductible if you do it this way. If you simply increase your Teammaker donation, the amount will only be 80% deductible when you itemize deductions.

StL Bison Fan
02-12-2016, 06:11 PM
OK - now comes the hard part. In order for NDSU to pay FCOA, they need to raise the money from Bison Nation. I was contacted yesterday and asked to pledge support for this cause for the next three years.

The donations are to be payable to "NDSU Athletic Fund" and the donations are 100% tax deductible if you do it this way. If you simply increase your Teammaker donation, the amount will only be 80% deductible when you itemize deductions.

Is this the same as the Bison Pride Fund?

roadwarrior
02-12-2016, 06:58 PM
The Bison Pride Fund feeds into the NDSU Athletic Fund, which is at the top of the chart I was given. The Bison Pride Fund is meant for annual giving outside of Teammakers.

Vet70
02-12-2016, 07:03 PM
The Bison Pride Fund feeds into the NDSU Athletic Fund, which is at the top of the chart I was given. The Bison Pride Fund is meant for annual giving outside of Teammakers.

The happily accept one time donations to that fund.

MAKBison
02-12-2016, 07:28 PM
Please tell me how he didn't. Because that's sure how it sounded to me. And especially when the Governor says NDSU needs to cut millions out of their budget, because that is probably going to mean partially funded with increased tuition.

NDSU and all colleges need to figure out really quick that their product is not as essential as it used to be to get a nice paying career. I started at NDSU 20 years ago now and kids are paying the same amount for one year of school as I did for all five.

This issue irritates me in a big way. Do people understand that a large majority of kids chose a school based on the amenities they have verses the actual quality of the programs they offer???? Kids a re looking for a 5 year county club will full amenities. Also, you wanns talk about why it takes a kid 5 to 6 years to complete a 4 year program look no further than......

1) High school did not prepare them for the rigors of college
2) Kid has no idea what they really want to do in life (program changes)
3) Financial aid makes living the college dream to easy (why leave the county club when I can stay another year and defer the cost)

In a lot of ways Higher ed is in a new win situation. BTW and yes some colleges and universities do take advantage of this. However, the reasonable ones try and live with it the best they can.

NDSU1980
02-12-2016, 10:21 PM

The donations are to be payable to "NDSU Athletic Fund" and the donations are 100% tax deductible if you do it this way. If you simply increase your Teammaker donation, the amount will only be 80% deductible when you itemize deductions.Wonderful cause and I'm proud to up my donation. I'm not sure you are quite right on the deduction amount. I was under the impression going through Team Makers was still 100% deductable if you aren't getting tickets as part of the deal. I got my printout from TM the other day and it said something like Donation, no services received.

If we do pay to the Athletic Fund, do we still build Priority Points at the same rate?

roadwarrior
02-13-2016, 02:17 AM
I assumed those with Teammaker memberships got tickets. If not, then the donations are 100% deductible.

Annual Points
 Annual Contributions
1 point for each $50 contribution to the Team Makers Club, Bison Pride Fund and Bison Excellence

56BISON73
02-13-2016, 03:03 AM

So which one do we donate to for the money to go to the FCOA and get 100% tax deduction and full TM points?

roadwarrior
02-13-2016, 03:22 AM
So which one do we donate to for the money to go to the FCOA and get 100% tax deduction and full TM points?

Bison Pride Fund.

http://ndsuathleticfund.com/annual-giving/bison-pride-fund/

DORMIE
02-13-2016, 03:08 PM
There are 192 full rides @ $3,400 which comes to $652,800. The Teammakers fund raising goal next year is up from $3,900,000 to $5,200,000. The Athletic Fund plus the addition of the cost of a seat in the SHAC will help to reach this goal. We've come a long way baby!!

56BISON73
02-13-2016, 08:29 PM
There are 192 full rides @ $3,400 which comes to $652,800. The Teammakers fund raising goal next year is up from $3,900,000 to $5,200,000. The Athletic Fund plus the addition of the cost of a seat in the SHAC will help to reach this goal. We've come a long way baby!!

300,000 a year for the next 3 years has already been pledged. So we need to raise 352,000 for FCOA this year. Correct?

DORMIE
02-13-2016, 08:38 PM
Probably pretty close as the story was that half the amount had been pledged for the first three years.

A1pigskin
02-13-2016, 09:11 PM
With the State budget cuts I could see goals being increased and more aggressive fund raising.

DORMIE
02-14-2016, 02:41 AM
We are fortunate at NDSU that there are many fans that truly care about the future of our athletes and are willing to contribute to help them to be successful. It's amazing what has happened in the past few years to make all this happen. You should feel good about the present fund raising process.

BAT67
02-14-2016, 03:15 AM
I would be willing to bet that my teammaker dues will go up and that amount will be a large factor in getting cost of attendance paid for not complaining just stating a fact

56BISON73
02-14-2016, 03:58 AM
All they have to do is raise ticket prices 5.00 a game. Thats 450,000.00. Done

BisoninNWMN
02-14-2016, 12:19 PM

Yep.

Plus, raise TMer dues. Need to support the athletics teams more now with cuts looming.

HerdBot
02-16-2016, 02:16 AM

Yep. Heck they could probably get away with a $5 rate increase annually in teammakers dues. $50 over a decade is quite a bargain and with inflation, just saying