PDA

View Full Version : The student section KICKED ASS TONIGHT!!!

TheBisonator
09-01-2006, 02:51 AM
A vast majority of the 4,000-plus students who attended the game tonight were standing for all the first half and some of the third quarter. At least for the first half, the west grandstand student section was completely chock full, and the south endzone was OVERFLOWING with students!! In my three-plus years at NDSU, I believe I only saw one game with as much student support, and that was Valpo. I even think there might have been more of us at this game than at the Valpo game. We took up at least 3/4ths of the south endzone, and at least 90-95 percent of that endzone was filled!! In the first quarter, the student section did a HUGE part in rattling the Bears' nerves and getting rid of whatever confidence they had after the 7-0 start. On at least a couple plays, down in the first few rows of the 32-20 yard lines (where the REAL hardcores are), we yelled so loud, that we realized we caused a mistake by Concordia.

Now the trick is to keep most of the student section there for the whole game if we're drubbing a team like we did tonight.

Hats off to the students!!!

BisonMav
09-01-2006, 02:56 AM
Hats off to the Students Section 8-)

Tatanka
09-01-2006, 02:57 AM
++

Excellent showing by the student section. Loud, and in charge of the play in the south end. Gene Taylor mentioned 3800 as the number of students in attendance. Kick ass.

NanoBison
09-01-2006, 03:15 AM
Was at the game tonight. The student section was completely full! Hats off to the students once again.

sambini
09-01-2006, 03:48 AM
GREAT JOB STUDENTS+++++++++++++++++

lakesbison
09-01-2006, 04:41 AM
I was watching the student section stretch across the WHOLE south parking lot into the Tennis Courts..

single file into 2 rows into the dome..... I actually saw some kids turn around and just go party somewhere else I presume.

Why cant they make that student line go faster.. or make 4-6 lines?
all they do is look at their ID's.. cant be that slow!

I think this is a Major problem that needs to be solved.. PERIOD.

p,s GREAT TURNOUT regardless!!

chuckles
09-01-2006, 05:23 AM
by far the best student crowd tonight. The three sections on the west side were packed and there with about three and a half packed with the band on the south end. I got there with a bunch of buddys around 6 and had some good seats. Nice to that ALL the students stood the entire first half, the upper-classmen didn't have to shout "Stand Up Freshmen" until the second half of the game.

Its sad to see that a majority of these students won't be around for the rest of the games this season. The students will lose those who go home, or who hunt on the weekends this fall. But when there is a game on a Thursday night and the campus is full of students, what else is there better to be doing!!? Great showing none the less, prove me wrong and keep the student section growing and LOUDER!!!!

TheDoctor
09-01-2006, 05:39 AM
They actually swipe cards at football games unlike say basketball games. *The card swiping process takes too much time and if the card comes up red, they make them come back and swipe again. *They are actually making sure they've paid their bill, similar to using the wellness center. *I swear to god. *One time last year we were one ticket short for the group we had and knew there were open seats in our section, so I volunteered to go through the student section ( last year of the Ph. D.) and thats what I had to deal with. *Way different than showing the Kiwanis guy my ID when walking into a basketball game.