PDA

View Full Version : 2015/2016 Season

NDSUFan_Sav
03-21-2015, 05:12 PM
I am jacked for the future of Bison Basketball. There were no excuses from this years team and they just fought extremely hard in every game.

Been saying it from early this season and have a few witnesses. I'd love to see Paul Miller at our PG, actually think he has great ball handling and keeps his head up. Jacobson as the 2 guard, Brown as the lock down defender. Now this where I am not sure what we'll see, possible Kading and a true Freshmen as the 4/5 or have Dexter play ton of minutes off the bench (summit just cringes nows after seeing what Werner just did).

Future is very bright and I'll say it now never give up on this team due to some ugly losses early in the year.

ndsubison1
03-21-2015, 06:38 PM
Dupree will be main pg imo

1 Dupree
2 Miller
3 Brown
4 Jacobson
5 Kading

or

1 Dupree
2 Brown
3 Jacobson
4/5 Werner
4/5 Kading

NDSUFan_Sav
03-21-2015, 06:46 PM
Dupree will be main pg imo

1 Dupree
2 Miller
3 Brown
4 Jacobson
5 Kading

or

1 Dupree
2 Brown
3 Jacobson
4/5 Werner
4/5 Kading
I know Dupree will be main pg, but I disagree with it, love how Miller handles the ball and keeps his head up.

BadlandsBison
03-21-2015, 07:04 PM
Remember when Richman was a pud hire

ZHerd
03-21-2015, 07:33 PM
Looking ahead, I would like to see AJ have a breakout scoring performance against a good non-con opponent. He really struggled against good non-summit teams. I would also love to see Dupree vastly improve his ability to finish taking it to the hole. All that quickness is fun to watch but decreases in value of you can't score. For our guys returning here are their combined stats vs Southern Miss, Texas, Iowa, Akron, and Gonzaga (note: AJ and Miller did not play vs Akron). Miller 12-23=31 pts, 6reb, 3assist, Werner 19-38=48pts, 34reb, 2assist, Dupree 17-49=40pts, 20reb, 15assist, Brown 16-37=45pts, 22reb, 8 assist, Kading 5-20=14pts, 24reb, 3assist and AJ 2-32=13pts, 14reb, 2 assist. I can't wait to see these guys play a high major next year. Personally, I think Werner and Miller are poised for great seasons

unbison
03-21-2015, 07:38 PM
Did you miss the the 7 point carlin had that kept us in the game when we were struggling he showed he can do it when we need him I expect us all to see Dupree roaming free next year
I know Dupree will be main pg, but I disagree with it, love how Miller handles the ball and keeps his head up.

unbison
03-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Ok I am sick of people down on AJ FED UP without that kid we don't dance.... He is a freshman

unbison
03-21-2015, 07:41 PM
Remember when Richman was a pud hire

I'll tell you what I ate some crow pie back in December was awful.... But wow.... Idk if I ever hated the hire.... Just thought national search as we were hot well guess what we even hotter now!!!!

NDSUFan_Sav
03-21-2015, 07:50 PM
Ok I am sick of people down on AJ FED UP without that kid we don't dance.... He is a freshman
Agreed, dude was a freshmen and was also hurt and missed games. AJ will be just fine.

I love what Dupree does, I do cringe every time he dribbles as I think he's very loose and looks out of control at time but as ugly as it looks he gets it done and only a sophomore. Miller just seems smooth with the ball.

unbison
03-21-2015, 07:53 PM
You think it's ugly that he has no one in the summit that can stay in front of him

Sent from your moms using Tapatalk

ZHerd
03-21-2015, 07:54 PM

If you are referring to my post, I'm not sure what you are so upset over. I simply stated facts and mentioned I hope he has a breakout game. But hey, if you are down with 2-32...whatever floats your boat

NDSUFan_Sav
03-21-2015, 07:55 PM
If you are referring to my post, I'm not sure what you are so upset over. I simply stated facts and mentioned I hope he has a breakout game. But hey, if you are down with 2-32...whatever floats your boat
I'll put $$$$ down now AJ will be just fine

ZHerd
03-21-2015, 07:58 PM
I'll put $$$$ down now AJ will be just fine

Is your betting historically good or bad luck?

El_Chapo
03-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Get to big dance next year, then open up SHAC in 2016-2017 with another big dance appearance and we are talking mid major dynasty.....would be 4 peat dance trips and 5 of 9. Wow.

We need Dylan Miller to be a force down low with dexter/kading

Malik Clements a Juco guard will be nice as well.

Redshirt Gau & Khy

WFBisonFan
03-21-2015, 08:38 PM
What do we have for big men coming in? Kading is serviceable but is not a threat in the paint. I like his D and what he can bring on the glass, but offensively we need someone to step up.

roadwarrior
03-21-2015, 08:52 PM
What do we have for big men coming in? Kading is serviceable but is not a threat in the paint. I like his D and what he can bring on the glass, but offensively we need someone to step up.

Two players signed in November: http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/11/12/MBB_1112142435.aspx?path=mbball

BadlandsBison
03-21-2015, 10:01 PM
Richman is foiling our plan to return to division 2. My sources say he is open to the idea of using "NDSU" as an official acronym

Tatanka
03-21-2015, 10:22 PM
Richman is foiling our plan to return to division 2. My sources say he is open to the idea of using "NDSU" as an official acronym

Confirmed. I got the text.

Gully
03-21-2015, 10:31 PM
Don't we have a Juco PG either coming in or already here? Izzo mentioned something like that this morning. He felt he could start next year.

roadwarrior
03-21-2015, 10:35 PM
Redshirting this season were:
6-7 Trey Miller
6-9 Spencer Eliason

Recruits signed in November:
6-9 Dylan Miller
6-8 Deng Geu

Verbal commitments:
6-3 Khy Kabellis
6-3 Malik Clements

unbison
03-21-2015, 11:33 PM

Do we make the dance without him? Simple question

NDSUstudent
03-21-2015, 11:40 PM

I think Dylan Miller is the one they are looking for in that area. He was second team All-State in Illinois, not bad. It sounds like the coaches are very high on him.

westnodak93bison
03-22-2015, 12:16 AM
Is the staff looking at Powell from Lake Region? We should have all kinds of depth to run an effective press?

NDSUFan_Sav
03-22-2015, 01:14 AM

I'll answer for him, absolutely not, he was great in that denver game.

AjaxTheMighty
03-22-2015, 02:46 AM
Don't we have a Juco PG either coming in or already here? Izzo mentioned something like that this morning. He felt he could start next year.

Must know more about this...

Mr_Meanor
03-22-2015, 03:45 AM
Must know more about this...

Malik Clements 6'3 SG from Pearl River CC. I believe he only played one season there so I think we'll get 3 years from him. Don't know much more about him other than that.

NDSUstudent
03-22-2015, 03:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVaRNcK6jsA

NDSUstudent
03-22-2015, 03:56 AM
http://www.ny2lasports.com/ImageFilesPlayerProfiles/MalikClements.jpg
Malik Clements (http://bisonation.info/pg-malik-clements-madison-wi-2015-verbal/)
Madison(West)/Pearl River CC(JUCO), WI 6'3 SG
Video Highlights: 1 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVaRNcK6jsA), 2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-4FodvdiCY), 3 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eShE0J7De0), 4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyEQzjxHHww), 5 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0-PfU3Iy2M), 6 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-bQ-T7Ii2U)

Mr_Meanor
03-22-2015, 04:05 AM
Anyone know anything about a current player leaving the team? I read an article that shows we have 14 scholarship and we're only allowed 13.

WRSDBison
03-22-2015, 04:20 AM
Damn. We'll damn near have a six pack of Millers.

ZHerd
03-22-2015, 04:37 AM

Most likely not. Depends on how well others would have played in his absence. Do you hope his game picks up next season vs better opponents? Simple question

ZHerd
03-22-2015, 04:40 AM
http://www.ny2lasports.com/ImageFilesPlayerProfiles/MalikClements.jpg
Malik Clements (http://bisonation.info/pg-malik-clements-madison-wi-2015-verbal/)
Madison(West)/Pearl River CC(JUCO), WI 6'3 SG
Video Highlights: 1 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVaRNcK6jsA), 2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-4FodvdiCY), 3 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eShE0J7De0), 4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyEQzjxHHww), 5 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0-PfU3Iy2M), 6 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-bQ-T7Ii2U)

On film Clements and Khys can both shoot 3's and pass really well. Exciting future ahead

unbison
03-22-2015, 04:50 AM
I don't hope I know he will... Against gonzaga the matchup was bad for him... And the first games of his career early in the season.... I mean really would u like to be judged on your first 2 or 3 assignments or projects at work???

ZHerd
03-22-2015, 04:57 AM
I don't hope I know he will... Against gonzaga the matchup was bad for him... And the first games of his career early in the season.... I mean really would u like to be judged on your first 2 or 3 assignments or projects at work???

Except it really wasn't judgemental. It is a fear I have regarding him but I tell Ya what, I'll completely bury it until tip off next season.

BisonTeacher
03-22-2015, 05:04 AM
I am looking forward to the future.

I hope we keep reloading.

Things are looking up.

North Side
03-22-2015, 05:26 AM
Staring 5:
PG Carlin Dupree
SG Paul Miller
SF Kory Brown
PF AJ Jacobson
C Chris Kading

Bench in order of possible playing time??

C Dexter Werner
SG Malik Clements
PF Trey Miller
PF Evan Wesenberg
F/C Spencer Eliason
SG Jake Showalter
SF Brian Ishola
ect.

(I have never see it but do they ever red shirt sophomores? I really don't see alot of playing time for Jake Showalter and I felt like he just wasted a season on the bench.)
Really hope they all the freshman red shirt... I really felt like we wasted a year for Wesenberg/Showalter by not red shirting them, plus NDSU is so good at development. Always think what if Tray has a red shirt to put on some more muscle and how big a red shirt was for Bruan's development.
6-9 Dylan Miller Red Shirt
6-8 Deng Geu Red Shirt
6-3 Khy Kabellis Red Shirt

ZHerd
03-22-2015, 05:37 AM
^playing Wesenberg made sense considering the lack of size and depth etc.

Mr_Meanor
03-22-2015, 05:43 AM
Staring 5:
PG Carlin Dupree
SG Paul Miller
SF Kory Brown
PF AJ Jacobson
C Chris Kading

C Dexter Werner
SG Malik Clements
PF Trey Miller
PF Evan Wesenberg
F/C Spencer Eliason
SG Jake Showalter
SF Brian Ishola
ect.

(I have never see it but do they ever red shirt sophomores? I really don't see alot of playing time for Jake Showalter and I felt like he just wasted a season on the bench.)
Really hope they all the freshman red shirt... I really felt like we wasted a year for Wesenberg/Showalter by not red shirting them, plus NDSU is so good at development. Always think what if Tray has a red shirt to put on some more muscle and how big a red shirt was for Bruan's development.
6-8 Deng Geu Red Shirt

I read an article that stated someone was leaving the team. The speculation was that it had to be Showalter, Kading or Trey Miller.

RedRiver
03-22-2015, 05:43 AM
Staring 5:
PG Carlin Dupree
SG Paul Miller
SF Kory Brown
PF AJ Jacobson
C Chris Kading

C Dexter Werner
SG Malik Clements
PF Trey Miller
PF Evan Wesenberg
F/C Spencer Eliason
SG Jake Showalter
SF Brian Ishola
ect.

6-8 Deng Geu Red Shirt
Clements and Dylan Miller will be getting a lot of minutes next year, both could be immediate contributors w/o the redshirt year.

ndsubison1
03-22-2015, 05:59 AM
Most likely not. Depends on how well others would have played in his absence. Do you hope his game picks up next season vs better opponents? Simple question

Plus, Aj was playing as a 4 a lot this season when hes more of a 3

ndsubison1
03-22-2015, 06:01 AM
Also, does anybody else think Showalter redshirts next season?

ndsubison1
03-22-2015, 06:03 AM
Staring 5:
PG Carlin Dupree
SG Paul Miller
SF Kory Brown
PF AJ Jacobson
C Chris Kading

C Dexter Werner
SG Malik Clements
PF Trey Miller
PF Evan Wesenberg
F/C Spencer Eliason
SG Jake Showalter
SF Brian Ishola
ect.

6-8 Deng Geu Red Shirt

Ive heard Dylan is ready to play right away

ndsubison1
03-22-2015, 06:04 AM
I read an article that stated someone was leaving the team. The speculation was that it had to be Showalter, Kading or Trey Miller.

Link? ten char

Mr_Meanor
03-22-2015, 06:09 AM
Link? ten char

https://whereisnorthdakota.wordpress.com/tag/malik-clements/

Its near the bottom of the link...states right now we have 14 scholarships and someone must be leaving the team or someones is getting their pulled.

unbison
03-22-2015, 06:10 AM
Except it really wasn't judgemental. It is a fear I have regarding him but I tell Ya what, I'll completely bury it until tip off next season.

No reason to be anything but happy see you at the first game I'll buy you a drink

Kermit
03-22-2015, 11:42 AM
https://whereisnorthdakota.wordpress.com/tag/malik-clements/

Its near the bottom of the link...states right now we have 14 scholarships and someone must be leaving the team or someones is getting their pulled.

They are wrong. As of now, nobody is leaving and nobody is getting their scholarship pulled. We have 10 returning players who were on scholarship this season and 4 new ones coming in. Yet, we will only have 13 on scholarship for next season because Eliason is on a deal that guaranteed 4 years of scholarship money over 5 years. He was on scholarship this year, he will be a walk-on next year, then back on scholarship.

Gully
03-22-2015, 12:45 PM
^playing Wesenberg made sense considering the lack of size and depth etc.

except that they really didn't play him much

Gully
03-22-2015, 12:47 PM
A lot of potenially good players on this list. It will be interesting to see how many they will play. Practices should be very competitive. The biggest challenge will be who will step up and score in LA's absence. I just don't see Brown as a big scorer so it will have to be AJ, Miller, one of teh PGs, etc.

westnodak93bison
03-22-2015, 12:55 PM
A lot of potenially good players on this list. It will be interesting to see how many they will play. Practices should be very competitive. The biggest challenge will be who will step up and score in LA's absence. I just don't see Brown as a big scorer so it will have to be AJ, Miller, one of teh PGs, etc.
It needs to be a collaborative effort to replace LA's scoring. Really not too much to ask IMHO. 4 pts from 5 guys and you got it plus its obvious Dex needs some looks inside.

A1pigskin
03-22-2015, 01:15 PM
It needs to be a collaborative effort to replace LA's scoring. Really not too much to ask IMHO. 4 pts from 5 guys and you got it plus its obvious Dex needs some looks inside.

I think the potential is there for this. Look at Dex's 22 pts at the tourney. He stepped up. Next season should be a fun ride.

ZHerd
03-22-2015, 01:48 PM
except that they really didn't play him much

True but he was still our only depth. You have to have someone available if a guy turns an ankle etc. We did well with playing so few bigs. Our guards really rebound well.

BYZEN
03-22-2015, 02:47 PM
They are wrong. As of now, nobody is leaving and nobody is getting their scholarship pulled. We have 10 returning players who were on scholarship this season and 4 new ones coming in. Yet, we will only have 13 on scholarship for next season because Eliason is on a deal that guaranteed 4 years of scholarship money over 5 years. He was on scholarship this year, he will be a walk-on next year, then back on scholarship.

Thank you for Quashing that so quickly and precisely.:judges:
After all this is Bisonville, where rumors and misinformation generally snowball rampantly off-topic :offtopic: with the Kardashian like qualities.:biggrin::hide:

Tatanka
03-22-2015, 03:09 PM

Thanks Kermit. Don't need irresponsible speculation to pass as fact.

BYZEN
03-22-2015, 03:27 PM
Thanks Kermit. Don't need irresponsible speculation to pass as fact.

We will leave that for the M.McF's, J.H's and R.P's (who may or may not be behind the Dairy Queen toilet seat theft ring:biggrin:), to irresponsibly speculate and try to pass it off as fact...:facepalm2: oops wrong thread for this. :innocent:

phxbison
03-22-2015, 04:51 PM
Used to be a men's and women's basketball fan, but sort of got away from it ! Glad I decided too start watching again. It's been a blast ! So much fun being a Bison fan ! Can hardly wait for next season in all sports. We just keep getting better and better !

Kujava23
03-22-2015, 07:29 PM
Starting Five

PG Dupree-- most athletic player on team needs to improve shooting especially ft line but I expect a HUGE improvement from him for next year
SG Miller--need him to be our gunner at 3's and has great scoring ability
SF Brown--physical defender makes plays with hustle needs to improve shooting and ball handling decision
s
PF Jacobson--greay competitor and scorer; needs to improve explosiveness and have a mid range pull up after shot fake instead of floaters
C Werner-best rebounder and scorer inside-deserves to start. .needs to eliminate mental mistakes thay drive richman nuts

BENCH
C Kading--sr leader defend rim n rebound
SF Miller--needs strength n improve handle n shooting
SG Showalter--shot fake one dribble pull up n ball handling. ..also defensively
PF Elliason--add strength n post scoring..good athleticism
PF Wesenberg--add strength and work on shot
PF Ishola--athletic add strength and improve offensively
SG Clements--improve conditioning...improve defensively
PF MILLER--REDSHIRT unless can score on block
PF GEU--REDSHIRT ADD STRENGTH and develop offensively
PG KHABELIS-REDSHIRT ADD STRENGTH and improve shhooting

Gully
03-22-2015, 07:36 PM
How early is a preliminary schedule announced? I'm probably looking forward to next season more than I have since Woody was about to be a senior.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-22-2015, 07:37 PM
Starting Five

PG Dupree-- most athletic player on team needs to improve shooting especially ft line but I expect a HUGE improvement from him for next year
SG Miller--need him to be our gunner at 3's and has great scoring ability
SF Brown--physical defender makes plays with hustle needs to improve shooting and ball handling decision
s
PF Jacobson--greay competitor and scorer; needs to improve explosiveness and have a mid range pull up after shot fake instead of floaters
C Werner-best rebounder and scorer inside-deserves to start. .needs to eliminate mental mistakes thay drive richman nuts

BENCH
C Kading--sr leader defend rim n rebound
SF Miller--needs strength n improve handle n shooting
SG Showalter--shot fake one dribble pull up n ball handling. ..also defensively
PF Elliason--add strength n post scoring..good athleticism
PF Wesenberg--add strength and work on shot
PF Ishola--athletic add strength and improve offensively
SG Clements--improve conditioning...improve defensively
PF MILLER--REDSHIRT unless can score on block
PF GEU--REDSHIRT ADD STRENGTH and develop offensively
PG KHABELIS-REDSHIRT ADD STRENGTH and improve shhooting
Where you basing this info from?

Geu has pretty good range and very athletic.

I also think Kading will be starting.

westnodak93bison
03-22-2015, 07:39 PM

We are gonna be a very deep team by mid season. We should have enough athletic dudes to press the hell out of teams if we choose. And have flexibility to go big or small.

Kujava23
03-22-2015, 07:39 PM

Just my opinions. ..I know geu athletic. .but raw

NDSUFan_Sav
03-22-2015, 07:41 PM
Just my opinions. ..I know geu athletic. .but raw
He can shoot the ball and can hit that 15 foot jumper. Yes he is thin, but has the body to add weight more so than Wright.

Yes I think he plans on redshirting but excited to see what he can do at NDSU.

westnodak93bison
03-22-2015, 07:46 PM
If Carlin can develop a consistent mid range jump shot watch out. He could score at will.

Tatanka
03-22-2015, 08:16 PM
Hopefully Kading can get healthy and get that outside shot back...
Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Brown needs to shoot shoot and shoot a ton of shots this off season to get confidence in his outside shot

Kujava23
03-22-2015, 09:33 PM
He can shoot the ball and can hit that 15 foot jumper. Yes he is thin, but has the body to add weight more so than Wright.

Yes I think he plans on redshirting but excited to see what he can do at NDSU.

I agree his upside is tremendous

IzzyFlexion
03-22-2015, 09:36 PM
Brown needs to shoot shoot and shoot a ton of shots this off season to get confidence in his outside shot

Perhaps he will attend the Kyro shooting camp. :biggrin:
sorry dj......<Neg rep expected and deserved>

Bisonwinagn
03-22-2015, 11:42 PM
Watching the NCAA teams like Michigan St. Witchita St, Kansas....The Bison need to add about 20 pounds each to truly be competitive. They can't add height but they need to add a lot more strength. Would love to see Kramer get a hold of these guys in the offseason.

HoopsBison
03-23-2015, 12:55 AM
Kading will def be a starter next season imo, dont forget kading and really dex for that matter are def more 4's then they are 5's. I just dont see Dylan Miller redshirting and he will play solid minutes next season, coaches rave about this kid.

ndsubison1
03-23-2015, 03:19 AM

he doesnt need to be a shooter for us. however, he needs to improve finishing around the hoop.

Bison_Pride
03-23-2015, 07:42 AM
I'm pretty sure that Jason Miller is the guy who puts the MBB team through all their workouts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=B7A_bKY1exc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAEXeH7UgAAnrum.jpg:large

bisonfan08
03-23-2015, 02:25 PM
My very early depth chart:

PG - Dupree/Paul Miller
SG - Paul Miller/Clements/Showalter
SF - Brown/Trey Miller
PF - AJ/Big Dex/Wesenberg
C - Kading/Dylan Miller/Eliason

The 4-5 will just be a rotation between the 5 guys and AJ will likely see more time at the 3 spot as well with the added depth of bigs we'll have. I think we go 10 deep next year. I wouldn't mind seeing Wesenberg and Showalter take a redshirt year to develop their games a little as they really won't see the floor any more next year than they did this year. Let the guys who already used their redshirt year eat up those couple of garbage minutes and take another season to get better. I'm pretty sure both Khabellis (90%) and Geu (100%) will redshirt as well.

Miller showed in the 2nd half of the Gonzaga game he's got the ability to score and create his shots and I think he will compete with AJ to be our leading scorer next year. Clements looks like the kind of player that could come in and definitely add some scoring and with Dex being more effective down low I'm not too worried about replacing LA's scoring I think the guys are ready to step up. Clements could be a newcomer of the year candidate next year. Dex has a good chance at defending his 6th man title with how productive he is, he could be a double double machine off the bench next year. The future is very bright with this team, let's also not forget that this team gets a full offseason to further develop Richman's offense & defense. With how good our coaching throughout the season was I look at us to start strong next year, hopefully we can get some good OOC competition and battle early in the year.

Bison03
03-23-2015, 02:27 PM
What a progression this year. Going into the season, I figured this would be a fun season to see some new players and see if we could be a middle of the road team as re rebuild. How awesome is it that not only did we not have to wait another 5 years for a tourney team; but that we are in a prime position to make multiple tourney trips when this young team get older and more experienced. I think there will be better crowds next year at Scheels Arena. How could you not want to come out and see guys like AJ and DEX, along with all the others.

wcb_sas
03-23-2015, 02:49 PM
PRO'S & CON'S ABOUT NEXT SEASON:

CONS:
1) Very short rotation this past season ... literally playing just 6 or 7 guys. Bench behind them is still rather inexperienced.
2) Lose just one senior, but what a player that they lose. Easy to see incremental improvement across the board but enough to replace LA?
3) Current freshman class ... aside from Miller jury is still in doubt. Will not be surprised one or two transfer.

PROS:
1) Team lacks size to battle Gonzaga or Texas but within the Summitt League ... they are just fine!
2) Core rotation is extremely solid .. easy to see major improvement from Miller and Werner.
3) Incoming recruits ... my prediction is at least TWO will immediately step into playing time rotation.

I said it before the start of this season and will say it again ... NDSU should have the expectation of being a top 4 team in the Summitt League each and every year. Next season is a guaranteed top 4 finish. IF they can find scoring to replace the departing LA then a return trip to the NCAA is in the cards!

tcbison
03-23-2015, 03:39 PM
What is Dexter Werner's range? If he can develop a 15 to 18 footer he really could be a tough match up. Love how he can take people off the dribble. How bad was Kading's shoulders this past year? Would love to see Kory Brown on some of his drives settle for a 4 or 5 foot jump shot or floater. I love watching Paul Miller and I believe he can take his game to the next level on offense. AJ to me is very similar to Taylor Braun and will continue to get better IMHO. Dupree is still a bit of a wildcard but if he can turn into a consistent scorer and make his free throws he just could be a go to player. I think Dave Richman has a lot to play with this offseason. Will be fun to see what lineups he comes up with.

grizlandbisonfan
03-23-2015, 07:47 PM
I think one of the major challenges rides on AD Matt Larsen's shoulders. We can win the summit every year, but unless we can put together a resume in the non-conference season that justifies a seed higher than a 14/15 we will be perennially one and done. It's an awesome problem to have, that the expectations on the program are rising as a direct correlation to our success. I for one look at the next 3 years and believe that we shouldn't just make the tourney again, we should be in the position to win a game or two. Beating Oklahoma last year was the coolest thing ever, but I don't think that should be viewed as the ceiling for our program. I hope (and frankly expect) that those young men in the locker room feel the same way.

The other benefit, aside from the RPI/resume building aspect, is that exciting schedules will sell more tickets. Akron was a solid home game, but outside of that there was barely a non-con game that had an identifiable name at home. Is it easy, no. But the guys on the court are doing their part and I'd love to see them rewarded with intriguing matchups that result in a full arena. Scheels Arena is more than adequate for next year and after that, SHAC-ATTACK!

Bisonwinagn
03-23-2015, 08:08 PM
We were a 12 seed last year so it can be done fairly easy.

Tatanka
03-23-2015, 09:37 PM
We were a 12 seed last year so it can be done fairly easy.

Can't tell if serious.

wcb_sas
03-24-2015, 12:25 AM
I think one of the major challenges rides on AD Matt Larsen's shoulders. We can win the summit every year, but unless we can put together a resume in the non-conference season that justifies a seed higher than a 14/15 we will be perennially one and done. It's an awesome problem to have, that the expectations on the program are rising as a direct correlation to our success. I for one look at the next 3 years and believe that we shouldn't just make the tourney again, we should be in the position to win a game or two. Beating Oklahoma last year was the coolest thing ever, but I don't think that should be viewed as the ceiling for our program. I hope (and frankly expect) that those young men in the locker room feel the same way.

The other benefit, aside from the RPI/resume building aspect, is that exciting schedules will sell more tickets. Akron was a solid home game, but outside of that there was barely a non-con game that had an identifiable name at home. Is it easy, no. But the guys on the court are doing their part and I'd love to see them rewarded with intriguing matchups that result in a full arena. Scheels Arena is more than adequate for next year and after that, SHAC-ATTACK!

Agreed. Develop a decent non-con schedules. Offer 2 for 1's. Get moved into the new arena and have success there. Get your conference mates to up their collective schedules.

Strongman
03-24-2015, 02:18 AM
With a better nonconference schedule and the Summit rep improving with SDSU win in NIT, hopefully within next 5 years it would be possible for NDSU to get an at large bid with a great year if they did not win Summit league tournament. SDSU and NDSU could eventually be in Big Dance each year. Both need to improve their out of conference schedules. But there is no reason why eventually the Summit could not be considered a mid major for basketball.

Mr. Burgundy
03-24-2015, 04:35 AM
Agreed. Develop a decent non-con schedules. Offer 2 for 1's. Get moved into the new arena and have success there. Get your conference mates to up their collective schedules.

Offer 2 for 1's? Who wants to come play NDSU in fargo? Here's a clue....nobody!!!! It's next to impossible! Same in football. We don't lose in fargo. U think other coaches want to fight a great mid major on the road? Those days are over. We are starting to have a great track record in hoops.

HerdBot
03-24-2015, 05:07 AM
Offer 2 for 1's? Who wants to come play NDSU in fargo? Here's a clue....nobody!!!! It's next to impossible! Same in football. We don't lose in fargo. U think other coaches want to fight a great mid major on the road? Those days are over. We are starting to have a great track record in hoops.

We did get Kstate, Mississippi State, and Colorado State. I mean look at UNI's non conference schedule. Lots of good games. Do we really think these teams looked at them as am easy win? Obviously not. Did UNI look at them as easy wins? (UND obviously ) They seem to be willing to travel and teams are willing to go there. How the hell did Denver get to host UNI? Stephen F Austin hosted UNI? They got Northwestern? George Mason? Obviously they had some sort of home and home.

Sat 15 North Dakota W 64-52
Tue 18 @Stephen F. Austin W 79-77
Thu 20 Morgan St W 73-53
Sat 22 North Florida W 66-49
Tue 25 @Virginia Tech W 73-54
Wed 26 Northwestern W 61-42
Sun 30 Richmond W 55-50
Sat 6 George Mason W 71-65
Wed 10 @Denver W 65-55
Sat 13 @Virginia Commonwealth L 93-87
Sat 20 Iowa W 56-44
Sun 28 South Dakota St W 74-63

wcb_sas
03-24-2015, 12:19 PM
We did get Kstate, Mississippi State, and Colorado State. I mean look at UNI's non conference schedule. Lots of good games. Do we really think these teams looked at them as am easy win? Obviously not. Did UNI look at them as easy wins? (UND obviously ) They seem to be willing to travel and teams are willing to go there. How the hell did Denver get to host UNI? Stephen F Austin hosted UNI? They got Northwestern? George Mason? Obviously they had some sort of home and home.

Thu 20 Morgan St W 73-53
Sun 30 Richmond W 55-50
Wed 10 @Denver W 65-55
Sat 20 Iowa W 56-44
UNI has the ability to schedule Iowa and Iowa State which helps ... but the biggest difference is the Missouri Valley's consistent insistence that its conference members create tough non-conference schedules. That raises the conferences overall profile and RPI. Which is why the Missouri Valley is a 2 or 3 bid league.

Scheduling someone like VCU, Richmond and George Mason are solid games. SF Austin is fortuitous in that they qualified for the NCAA this year. VTech and Northwestern are power 5 conferences but they are not Duke and Wisconsin either!

bisonfan08
03-24-2015, 02:18 PM
The good news is I believe we still have at least one more year left with the Gazelle group which has given us some great matchups the last two years with Notre Dame & Ohio St two years ago and then Iowa and Texas this year. It was also nice to host the regional for that tournament and play a couple teams in Hampton & Kennesaw St that we wouldn't normally see and get to play them at home. The second small tournament they had us in we only drew Kent St. & Alcorn St whereas the year before we had Santa Clara and Rider, a little bit better known basketball schools. After a solid showing in the tourney this year I'm hoping they give us a little bit better draw for those games as well. I can't remember which one or if both but I do believe there was a home & home deal with either Montana or Montana St. so we should have them at home this year. The schedule has some potential but we will still have to find a few home games against D1 opponents which is going to be tough to do.

Mr. Burgundy
03-24-2015, 03:35 PM

Thu 20 Morgan St W 73-53
Sun 30 Richmond W 55-50
Wed 10 @Denver W 65-55
Sat 20 Iowa W 56-44

Do you guys still have ben woodside? Yes? Phone hangs up. That was a problem. We beat Wisconsin/Marquette....and now we get to the dance back to back years....and 3 in our first handful of seasons being eligible. It isn't easy, but we put together one heck of a schedule every year. It is simply one of the hardest jobs for us to do...fill the non conf schedule. Please don't compare us to UNI, UNI is a TOP mid major in the country. We strive to be UNI. They are able to do things we simply can't yet. THings like getting high major transfers, get amazing home games, etc. I for one have NOTHING to complain about. Remember, we were just rebuilding this year. (as I search for Gabe's posts after the Texas/Iowa games......)

westnodak93bison
03-24-2015, 03:40 PM
How the hell did we ever get that K-State home game?

GRAFTONBISON
03-24-2015, 03:40 PM
Do you guys still have ben woodside? Yes? Phone hangs up. That was a problem. We beat Wisconsin/Marquette....and now we get to the dance back to back years....and 3 in our first handful of seasons being eligible. It isn't easy, but we put together one heck of a schedule every year. It is simply one of the hardest jobs for us to do...fill the non conf schedule. Please don't compare us to UNI, UNI is a TOP mid major in the country. We strive to be UNI. They are able to do things we simply can't yet. THings like getting high major transfers, get amazing home games, etc. I for one have NOTHING to complain about. Remember, we were just rebuilding this year. (as I search for Gabe's posts after the Texas/Iowa games......)

Burgundy, am curious who you would say we most compare to based on current resources, success, facilities, etc. at this time. What is the next step of peers on our way to UNI's level?

tcbison
03-24-2015, 03:46 PM

It was a 2-for-1 and Coach Huggins honored the contract. He did insist on Big 12 refs though(Woodside got hacked on a 3 pointer in the last seconds).

Mr. Burgundy
03-24-2015, 03:47 PM
I think we are trying to be a Missouri Valley team. Which is like small time Big Ten. That is the brand of ball we play. Tough as nails, competitive kids, programs committed to winning. Etc. That is my hunch. There isn't a large gap in between the Missouri Valley and some of the other conferences. They are the top conference that isn't one of the power 5. Mountain West and Missouri Valley are the tops. I think we are positioned nicely in two years with this up and coming staff, a great new AD and this absolutely fantastic new facility that will provide everything under one roof. Recruiting alraedy shows it. Plus, I think our fanbase is lethargic and spoiled and will be alot happier when they can get the new SHAC completed and we can all have a home for Bison hoops. I honestly expect a hostile home environment. I think that place with the entire "bowl" feel will get noise. I continually hear that it is being done right.

I feel our recruiting will only improve. THink about what they are selling now....if we signed a 2016 kid now...they would open the SHAC and they would be signing with a team that just completed 2 straight national tourney bids......and next year we should be right there in the running and that is all you can ask for. I hope the fans support it instead of just talking about it.

Mr. Burgundy
03-24-2015, 03:48 PM
I think we are trying to be a Missouri Valley team. Which is like small time Big Ten. That is the brand of ball we play. Tough as nails, competitive kids, programs committed to winning. Etc. That is my hunch. There isn't a large gap in between the Missouri Valley and some of the other conferences. They are the top conference that isn't one of the power 5. Mountain West and Missouri Valley are the tops. I think we are positioned nicely in two years with this up and coming staff, a great new AD and this absolutely fantastic new facility that will provide everything under one roof. Recruiting alraedy shows it. Plus, I think our fanbase is lethargic and spoiled and will be alot happier when they can get the new SHAC completed and we can all have a home for Bison hoops. I honestly expect a hostile home environment. I think that place with the entire "bowl" feel will get noise. I continually hear that it is being done right.

I feel our recruiting will only improve. THink about what they are selling now....if we signed a 2016 kid now...they would open the SHAC and they would be signing with a team that just completed 2 straight national tourney bids......and next year we should be right there in the running and that is all you can ask for. I hope the fans support it instead of just talking about it.

NDSUBowler
03-24-2015, 04:17 PM
Hopefully, NDSU's level of success can help bring up the other teams in the Summit as well. Create an 'arms race' of sorts.

Something similar to what happened in the MVFC. Teams had no choice but improve their programs or be left in the dust of NDSU. This helped create a super powerful conference all around.

That should hopefully be what the Summit does as well. As schools like NDSU try and raise their level to imitate teams in the MVC (the ELITE mid-major conference right now IMO), we should see a trickle-down effect of sorts as other teams in the Summit try to stay with the improving teams. That'll hopefully result in the conference creeping upward year by year.

Competition is good for ALL!

/ramblingthoughts

Bison03
03-24-2015, 04:20 PM
It's amazing that we have got the caliber of players despite how crappy the BSA was. Just goes to show you that, like Richman says, we recruit kids who fit into the program and into the Bison basketball family. If a kid comes to check out NDSU and thinks he need a better arena, nicer locker rooms, and stuff like that; I don't think we want him here. I think this program is poised to make big steps forward, which says a lot after 2 straight tourneys and a tourney win. A new arena, a growning fan base, a talented tound coach; good things are coming.

roadwarrior
03-24-2015, 05:24 PM

Easy. We were in transition to D-I. Nobody knew how good we might be.

westnodak93bison
03-24-2015, 10:44 PM
So how is the roster gonna look next season? How many players can we have on the roster and redshirting?
Below is the returning players and incoming freshman on the bottom.

0 Brian Ishola G/F 6-5 210 Fr. Woodbury, Minn. East Ridge HS
2 Paul Miller G 6-4 190 Fr. Waukesha, Wis. Kettle Moraine HS
3 Jake Showalter G 6-2 195 Fr. Germantown, Wis. Germantown HS
4 Zach Checkal G 6-3 195 So. Delano, Minn. Delano HS
13 Carlin Dupree G 6-3 190 So. Milwaukee, Wis. Bay View HS
21 A.J. Jacobson G/F 6-6 215 RFr. Fargo, N.D. Shanley HS
22 Kory Brown G 6-4 205 Jr. Hoffman Estates, Ill. Elgin HS
24 Trey Miller G/F 6-7 195 Fr. Woodinville, Wash. Inglemoor HS
30 Spencer Eliason F 6-9 235 Fr. Chadron, Neb. Chadron HS
32 Evan Wesenberg F 6-7 205 Fr. Germantown, Wis. Germantown HS
34 Chris KadingClick F 6-8 240 Jr. De Pere, Wis. De Pere HS
40 Dexter Werner F 6-6 240 So. Bismarck, N.D. Bismarck HS
44 Matt Kourouma G/F 6-5 200 Jr. Columbia Heights, Minn. Columbia Heights HS Bismarck State College

Malik Clements Madison(West)/Pearl River CC(JUCO), WI 6'3 SG
Dylan Miller Hillsboro, IL 6'9 PF/C
Deng Geu Sioux Falls(Washington), SD 6'9 PF
Khy Kabellis Escondido, CA 6'3 PG

That is 17 players. Are some not coming back or not gonna make the cut? When does that get determined?
Also, I was told there may be another guard coming in?

silkamilkamonico
03-24-2015, 11:42 PM
You can have 13 scholarships and I believe up to about 5 walk ons. I know all the sholarships will be accounted for next year with one of the freshman this year moving to walk on status just for 1 year.

bisonfan08
03-25-2015, 02:17 PM
So how is the roster gonna look next season? How many players can we have on the roster and redshirting?
Below is the returning players and incoming freshman on the bottom.

0 Brian Ishola G/F 6-5 210 Fr. Woodbury, Minn. East Ridge HS
2 Paul Miller G 6-4 190 Fr. Waukesha, Wis. Kettle Moraine HS
3 Jake Showalter G 6-2 195 Fr. Germantown, Wis. Germantown HS
4 Zach Checkal G 6-3 195 So. Delano, Minn. Delano HS
13 Carlin Dupree G 6-3 190 So. Milwaukee, Wis. Bay View HS
21 A.J. Jacobson G/F 6-6 215 RFr. Fargo, N.D. Shanley HS
22 Kory Brown G 6-4 205 Jr. Hoffman Estates, Ill. Elgin HS
24 Trey Miller G/F 6-7 195 Fr. Woodinville, Wash. Inglemoor HS
30 Spencer Eliason F 6-9 235 Fr. Chadron, Neb. Chadron HS
32 Evan Wesenberg F 6-7 205 Fr. Germantown, Wis. Germantown HS
34 Chris KadingClick F 6-8 240 Jr. De Pere, Wis. De Pere HS
40 Dexter Werner F 6-6 240 So. Bismarck, N.D. Bismarck HS
44 Matt Kourouma G/F 6-5 200 Jr. Columbia Heights, Minn. Columbia Heights HS Bismarck State College

Malik Clements Madison(West)/Pearl River CC(JUCO), WI 6'3 SG
Dylan Miller Hillsboro, IL 6'9 PF/C
Deng Geu Sioux Falls(Washington), SD 6'9 PF
Khy Kabellis Escondido, CA 6'3 PG

That is 17 players. Are some not coming back or not gonna make the cut? When does that get determined?
Also, I was told there may be another guard coming in?

Ishola, Checkal and Kourouma are walk-ons and Eliason will move to walk-on status next year which will bring us down to 13 scholarship players and 4 walk-ons. I haven't heard anything on another player coming in but they'd have to come in as a walk-on if so, unless of course somebody transfers out but I don't believe that is the case either.

westnodak93bison
03-26-2015, 12:02 AM
What would it cost to bring a Seton Hall or Alabama level team to Fargo for a home game? Wichita State played both at home this season.

ndsubison1
03-26-2015, 02:04 AM
I like the size of our backcourt. If P Miller can add a little muscle he could be real special. Im interested to see what T Miller brings to this team. Could give us necessary depth at the 3 spot.

westnodak93bison
03-27-2015, 08:52 PM
What would it cost to bring a Seton Hall or Alabama level team to Fargo for a home game? Wichita State played both at home this season.
Anyone?.....

ZHerd
03-27-2015, 09:11 PM
Anyone?.....

My guess is we will see occasional games like that once the Shac is finished. By "occasional" I don't really know what I mean

Tony Almeida
03-27-2015, 09:55 PM
I'm sure we will bring in a "big" team for the inaugural season of the SHAC.

bisonfan08
04-01-2015, 07:07 PM
So has anyone seen much for highlights on Dylan Miller from this year? I've heard from a few places around the web that he's most likely going to play right away, my question is whether he's developed enough to start right away. I was thinking about our lineup for next season and how we could literally go from having a complete lack of size to being a very lengthy mid major. What if our depth chart could look like this:

PG - Dupree (6'3")/P. Miller (6'4")
SG - Brown (6'5")/Clements (6'3")
SF - AJ (6'6")/Trey Miller (6'7")
PF - Kading (6'8")/Dex (6'6")
C - Dylan Miller (6'9")/Eliason (6'9)

If he's good enough to come in and give us solid minutes at the 5 spot so Kading and Dex can play more at the 4 where I think they both would be more effective we could really cause some matchup problems in the Summit.

NDSUstudent
04-01-2015, 07:14 PM
I've seen limited video on Miller but from what I saw I like, he could definitely play right away.

Herd
04-16-2015, 02:40 AM
So has anyone seen much for highlights on Dylan Miller from this year? I've heard from a few places around the web that he's most likely going to play right away, my question is whether he's developed enough to start right away. I was thinking about our lineup for next season and how we could literally go from having a complete lack of size to being a very lengthy mid major. What if our depth chart could look like this:

PG - Dupree (6'3")/P. Miller (6'4")
SG - Brown (6'5")/Clements (6'3")
SF - AJ (6'6")/Trey Miller (6'7")
PF - Kading (6'8")/Dex (6'6")
C - Dylan Miller (6'9")/Eliason (6'9)

If he's good enough to come in and give us solid minutes at the 5 spot so Kading and Dex can play more at the 4 where I think they both would be more effective we could really cause some matchup problems in the Summit.

I really like that lineup with Kading and Dex at the 4. That's the best idea I've seen. The only negative is not playing Dupree and P Mill together.

Does anyone have any feedback on Trey Miller? Does he have game, will he see the court next year? I was hoping he'd be the next Taylor Braun. 11 pages and barely a word on Trey.

Mr Meaty
04-16-2015, 02:46 AM
Trey miller will be everything and then some. As said before with Paul. Trey and Dylan miller it will be miller time every night.

bisonfan08
04-16-2015, 02:11 PM
So something I didn't realize was coming up this year is the eligibility of the foreign trip we have this year. I think this will be huge for this young team, just wondering if anybody knows when and where this is happening at?

HoopsBison
04-16-2015, 02:45 PM
So something I didn't realize was coming up this year is the eligibility of the foreign trip we have this year. I think this will be huge for this young team, just wondering if anybody knows when and where this is happening at?
No idea where but thought I heard sometime in August.

Tatanka
04-16-2015, 03:44 PM

Yes, this is the year we have to play in Grand Forks.

StL Bison Fan
04-16-2015, 05:42 PM
Yes, this is the year we have to play in Grand Forks.

I'm getting a hazmat suit and going!

Tatanka
04-16-2015, 06:00 PM
I'm getting a hazmat suit and going!

Just make sure it's at least Level B or higher. Otherwise you'll have to stop at the decontamination rest area near Hillsboro on the way home.

1998braves64
04-16-2015, 09:12 PM
Just make sure it's at least Level B or higher. Otherwise you'll have to stop at the decontamination rest area near Hillsboro on the way home.

No stop north of Hillsboro we're slowly getting rid of contamination here, at worst go to Cenex...

StL Bison Fan
04-16-2015, 11:50 PM
No stop north of Hillsboro we're slowly getting rid of contamination here, at worst go to Cenex...

No. They have hostile and abusive clothing.

1998braves64
04-17-2015, 02:10 AM
No. They have hostile and abusive clothing.

And a good spot to get rid of your contaminated hazmat suit!

Gully
04-19-2015, 12:21 AM
When does next year's schedule typically get announced?

jack power
04-19-2015, 01:55 AM

Last year,your full schedule was released September 4th

Mr Meaty
05-11-2015, 02:46 PM

Is the Men's Basketball team going on some exhibition trip to play some games this year? Or did I just dream that they are? IF so that will give them a few more practices together and how does if affect the non-conference schedule if at all?

roadwarrior
05-11-2015, 03:45 PM
Is the Men's Basketball team going on some exhibition trip to play some games this year? Or did I just dream that they are? IF so that will give them a few more practices together and how does if affect the non-conference schedule if at all?

Yes, sometime this summer. An international trip of some sort, but I haven't heard a destination. No effect on regular season schedule.

NDSUstudent
05-16-2015, 08:01 PM
The team is going to the Bahamas in August for their international trip.

westnodak93bison
05-18-2015, 02:48 AM
Has it been decided who we will play?

Tatanka
06-26-2015, 08:22 PM
FACT: Our squad posted a 3.27 team GPA for the spring semester -- the highest MBB semester GPA in 10 years. Over 3.20 for the '14-15 year!

-- @NDSUmbb

Sent from my online-only virtual dorm room.

BisonTeacher
06-26-2015, 08:50 PM
FACT: Our squad posted a 3.27 team GPA for the spring semester -- the highest MBB semester GPA in 10 years. Over 3.20 for the '14-15 year!

-- @NDSUmbb

Sent from my online-only virtual dorm room.

Thats pretty cool. Glad to see they are doing their job off the court as well as on.

SanDakotaState
07-21-2015, 05:01 PM
CollegeSportsMadness (http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/mens-basketball/top-144-previews) is doing their annual top 144 teams for the 2015-2016 season. NDSU is ranked #116, 1 spot ahead of Minnesota. They have the Bison ranked 2nd in the Summit.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/11703

bisonfan08
07-22-2015, 01:48 PM
This isn't a terrible article but one section tells me this guy didn't watch a whole lot of NDSU basketball:

"Werner’s numbers didn’t blow away anyone last season (8.4 ppg, 5.4 rpg) but it’s his per-40 stats that should really be looked at. He averaged 16.9 points and 10.9 rebounds per 40 minutes, truly stunning numbers. The talent is there, now it’s time for Werner to start staying on the floor. He averaged only 2.3 fouls per game last season, not a horrible number however, it was his iffy motor that held him back. He’s not particularly tall (6-6) but is large (245 pounds). He’ll need to get in a little better shape for next season if he hopes to see a jump in his stats."

Anybody that watched a full game of NDSU basketball last year knows that Big Dex was the hardest working player on the floor for every second he was out there. I've never seen anybody at NDSU hustle that much for rebounds and loose balls and fly all over on defense, it makes me upset to see this and have anyone read that and think that way about him.

Based on the part as well where he said Richman's recruiting is lagging behind his coaching because we don't have any ranked recruits also shows they don't know a whole lot about mid-major basketball. These last 2 recruiting classes have been great gets for Bison basketball.

Bison03
07-22-2015, 03:45 PM
^^^^^^
You would think that if he watched...I don't know...the NCAA tournament he would think otherwise.

Tatanka
07-22-2015, 06:43 PM
^^^^^^
You would think that if he watched...I don't know...the NCAA tournament he would think otherwise.

Pffft. Nobody watches that.

westnodak93bison
07-22-2015, 11:39 PM
I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I'm at least as excited about men's bb season as fb. Gonna be a fun year. Men's bb, fb, wrestling etc.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

HandoEX
07-23-2015, 12:20 AM
I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I'm at least as excited about men's bb season as fb. Gonna be a fun year. Men's bb, fb, wrestling etc.

Same here. I like football way more than basketball, but can't wait for Bison basketball this season to start!!!

westnodak93bison
07-23-2015, 12:25 AM
Which reminds me. I sent in the online request for season tickets and have yet to get a response. Of course living in Bismarck and trying to get to the majority of home bb games pretty much guarantees timely winter storms screwing up the plans with an occasional overnight stay in VC. Pizza Corner!

1998braves64
07-23-2015, 02:46 AM
Which reminds me. I sent in the online request for season tickets and have yet to get a response. Of course living in Bismarck and trying to get to the majority of home bb games pretty much guarantees timely winter storms screwing up the plans with an occasional overnight stay in VC. Pizza Corner!

They likely will not contact you until all season ticket holders have renewed which is sept 1st.

El_Chapo
07-23-2015, 02:59 AM
NDSU basketball competes at a Higher level then football , so I'm a BBALL fan!! Bigger stages too!

westnodak93bison
07-23-2015, 03:21 AM
They likely will not contact you until all season ticket holders have renewed which is sept 1st.
Ah, thanks for the info

ndsubison1
07-23-2015, 03:39 AM
No mention of Dexters performance vs Gonzaga? Deng Geu is redshirting. Also, I think Paul Miller starts.

DePereBisonFan
07-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Same here. ....can't wait for Bison basketball this season to start!!!

Same here as well.

Tatanka
07-23-2015, 01:45 PM
Same here as well.

Count me in.

tcbison
07-23-2015, 01:56 PM
CollegeSportsMadness (http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/mens-basketball/top-144-previews) is doing their annual top 144 teams for the 2015-2016 season. NDSU is ranked #116, 1 spot ahead of Minnesota. They have the Bison ranked 2nd in the Summit.

Nice find. Thanks for posting it. Does it have who is ranked #1 in the Summit? Thanks again!

Tatanka
07-23-2015, 02:11 PM
Nice find. Thanks for posting it. Does it have who is ranked #1 in the Summit? Thanks again!

Oh, I think we know the answer to that one. The clues aren't that difficult to follow.

They're doing one team a day leading up to the start of basketball season.

HotShot
07-27-2015, 01:44 PM

Ha. I will have to let my Gopher fan buddies know. Looking forward to what should be a pretty successful season.

westnodak93bison
07-27-2015, 01:56 PM
Ha. I will have to let my Gopher fan buddies know. Looking forward to what should be a pretty successful season.
I'm sure they will take it well and give the Bison the utmost respect. Purple.

herdmember
09-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Since NDSU never ended up using that last scholarship, will Eliason get a scholarship this year, will they leave it open, or will it go to someone else for a year?

Also, one of the news folks said we have 2 scholarships left for next year, but my count would say we don't have any left as the following would be on scholarship next year:
T. Miller
Eliason
Kabellis
Geu
D. Miller
P. Miller
M. Clements
Jacobson
Wesenberg
Dupree
Werner
Coatta
Hunter

13 scholarships spoken for out of 13. Which also means with 2 juniors this year (Werner and Dupree) and 1 verbal (Sem) we only have 1 scholarship available for 2017. Correct?

wcb_sas
09-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Since NDSU never ended up using that last scholarship, will Eliason get a scholarship this year, will they leave it open, or will it go to someone else for a year?

Also, one of the news folks said we have 2 scholarships left for next year, but my count would say we don't have any left as the following would be on scholarship next year:
T. Miller
Eliason
Kabellis
Geu
D. Miller
P. Miller
M. Clements
Jacobson
Wesenberg
Dupree
Werner
Coatta
Hunter

13 scholarships spoken for out of 13. Which also means with 2 juniors this year (Werner and Dupree) and 1 verbal (Sem) we only have 1 scholarship available for 2017. Correct?

Do you think there might be a player or two that decides to move on before and/or after this season? There are a couple of kids who might not get the PT they were hoping for!

DePereBisonFan
09-11-2015, 03:23 PM
Any update on fall practices, injuries, who is standing out thus far?

I am most curious about how Dexter Werner will perform - I hope that Gonzaga doesn't end up being the best game of his career. And second, I want to know how well Kory Brown can carry the team.

1998braves64
09-11-2015, 05:33 PM

I am most curious about how Dexter Werner will perform - I hope that Gonzaga doesn't end up being the best game of his career. And second, I want to know how well Kory Brown can carry the team.

Don't quote me but don't believe they can start fall practices until sometime in October at least with full team/coaches...

bisonfan08
09-18-2015, 01:52 PM

Also curious to see if Dexter can build on that performance. As far as Kory Brown carrying the team goes that just won't happen, he's going to play his role of being a beast on defense, being an aggressive rebounder and taking the shots he gets on offense. The offense is going to be carried mostly by AJ, Paul Miller and hopefully Malik Clements. If the game is on the line the ball will be in the hands of AJ or Miller, looking for a lot out of those two this year, should be fun to watch!

Herd
09-18-2015, 03:00 PM
Also curious to see if Dexter can build on that performance. As far as Kory Brown carrying the team goes that just won't happen, he's going to play his role of being a beast on defense, being an aggressive rebounder and taking the shots he gets on offense. The offense is going to be carried mostly by AJ, Paul Miller and hopefully Malik Clements. If the game is on the line the ball will be in the hands of AJ or Miller, looking for a lot out of those two this year, should be fun to watch!

I expect that AJ and PMiller with be first two scoring options and score in double figures, but I expect that Dupree, Dex, Kading, Brown and Clem will also get 7-10/game and develop into good options. DMiller, Khy, and Geu should help with the scoring load in 2016.

My concern is on the inside. Other than Dex, who is a threat at the rim? We need some offensive game from Eli, Wes, or DMil (along with Dex and Kading) in 2015 to help the perimeter game. Where have you gone Marshall B. Hopefully some offense is developing inside.

StL Bison Fan
10-13-2015, 11:11 PM
Poster for this year. Sorry its so small

Don't they usually have the team at a football game during half time signing these?

Bison03
10-15-2015, 06:57 PM
For those wanting to get tickets to the NDSU vs UND basketball game, single game tickets don't go on sale until November, 4th but starting today you can get tickets with the "Big Game Plan" where you buy a ticket for 4 games; NDSU, UNI, Montana, and Weber State. You get 1 tickets to all 4 games for $40. Not a bad deal, especially if you can sell the others; or if you want to see UND get thumped 4 times.

DePereBisonFan
10-15-2015, 08:01 PM
For those wanting to get tickets to the NDSU vs UND basketball game, single game tickets don't go on sale until November, 4th but starting today you can get tickets with the "Big Game Plan" where you buy a ticket for 4 games; NDSU, UNI, Montana, and Weber State. You get 1 tickets to all 4 games for $40. Not a bad deal, especially if you can sell the others; or if you want to see UND get thumped 4 times.

Wait...UND is hosting UNI this year? How in the world did they swing that?

unbison
10-16-2015, 11:36 AM
Wait...UND is hosting UNI this year? How in the world did they swing that?

Well their coach grew up in mayville Nd and played at und
Just a guess

Mr Meaty
10-16-2015, 11:40 AM
Just a guess

Plus a guaranteed win for UNI.

DePereBisonFan
10-16-2015, 02:02 PM
Just a guess

Wow, UND has a *really* good OOC schedule. Home games against Bowling Green, Youngstown, UNI, NDSU and Idaho; away games at Wisconsin, Florida Gulf Coast, Bradley and K-State.

ndsubison1
10-16-2015, 06:51 PM
They hosted UNI at home two years ago I believe.

Bison Bridge Guy
10-21-2015, 01:51 PM
I am really excited for the season but irritated by the schedule. 7 of the 14 home games are on Wednesday nights including Montana, Montana State, USD and Western Illinois. Maybe not a concern for a lot of fans, but that's a big night for church/religious education stuff all over town. Hopefully my family and I are in the minority among MBB fans in not being able to attend a lot of those games.

Bison03
10-21-2015, 03:06 PM
That is odd with the Wednesday games. All middle of the week games last year were on Thursday. I'm guessing it has to do with the Fargo Force schedule.

HoopsBison
10-21-2015, 04:05 PM
Not very pleased with the Wednesday games either...

HerdBoy
10-21-2015, 10:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lS-fOJ8EZM

ZHerd
10-21-2015, 11:56 PM
Not very pleased with the Wednesday games either...

I third this. It stinks

bisonfan08
10-22-2015, 03:10 PM
I third this. It stinks

Same, I play city league basketball Wednesday nights...plus one is the night before thanksgiving. Gonna miss out on a lot of my season ticket purchase. Shit happens I guess.

Mr Pep Band
10-22-2015, 03:16 PM
That is odd with the Wednesday games. All middle of the week games last year were on Thursday. I'm guessing it has to do with the Fargo Force schedule.

Regrettably, you're probably right. Wed. nights suck for Basketball. :confused: The only worse day IMO is Sunday. But it is what it is and I'm still going to try to attend as many as possible.

bruinbison
10-28-2015, 01:02 AM
NBC's pre-season take on the Summit.....
1) SDSU 2)NDSU

Oral Roberts' Obi Emegano (6'4") Pre-Season Player of the Year

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2015/10/27/summit-league-preview-sdsu-ndsu-lead-the-way-again/

ZHerd
10-28-2015, 06:19 PM
NBC's pre-season take on the Summit.....
1) SDSU 2)NDSU

Oral Roberts' Obi Emegano (6'4") Pre-Season Player of the Year

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2015/10/27/summit-league-preview-sdsu-ndsu-lead-the-way-again/

The articles blip on Dexter gave me a chuckle..."He’ll be joined on the front line by Dexter Werner, a 6-foot-6, 250 pound bruiser of a power forward that put 22 points on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament. He looks like he should be playing first base for a beer league softball team, but he’s got quick feet, a soft touch and an innate understanding of positioning and leverage. Coaches in the league know how good he is."

StL Bison Fan
10-28-2015, 06:57 PM
The articles blip on Dexter gave me a chuckle..."He’ll be joined on the front line by Dexter Werner, a 6-foot-6, 250 pound bruiser of a power forward that put 22 points on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament. He looks like he should be playing first base for a beer league softball team, but he’s got quick feet, a soft touch and an innate understanding of positioning and leverage. Coaches in the league know how good he is."
He quickly became a fan favorite. Blue collar. No need for a fan club:) kind of guy
Can't wait to see him this year

Kujava23
10-28-2015, 08:23 PM
Yeah, being a guy that travels over 2 hours to watch games ONE WAY----was not happy seeing games on Wednesday nights either

I'm hoping this isn't a trend---Thursday and Saturday games I was hoping for

SanDakotaState
10-29-2015, 01:41 AM
Haven't seen it posted on here so I figured why not put it in this thread.

Sioux Falls will be the home of the Summit League Basketball Championships till at least 2022. An extension was announced today.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/2015/10/28/summit-league-tourney-deal-extended/74736634/?hootPostID=c6dcddb513e34577e310514020b0323e

HandoEX
10-29-2015, 03:53 AM
Haven't seen it posted on here so I figured why not put it in this thread.

Sioux Falls will be the home of the Summit League Basketball Championships till at least 2022. An extension was announced today.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/2015/10/28/summit-league-tourney-deal-extended/74736634/?hootPostID=c6dcddb513e34577e310514020b0323e
This just in...it won't be held anywhere but Sioux Falls ever again as long as SDSU and USD are in the conference. Personally, I love it in SF!

Ferd
10-29-2015, 09:23 PM
This just in...it won't be held anywhere but Sioux Falls ever again as long as SDSU and USD are in the conference. Personally, I love it in SF!

What a great 4 day weekend... 14 college basketball games.

BisonNation11
11-02-2015, 05:14 PM
Here's the TV broadcast schedule for the season. Minimum 18 games will be broadcast.

http://gobison.com/news/2015/11/2/MBB_1102154325.aspx

THEsocalledfan
11-02-2015, 05:42 PM
Here's the TV broadcast schedule for the season. Minimum 18 games will be broadcast.

http://gobison.com/news/2015/11/2/MBB_1102154325.aspx

17 regular season to be broadcast in ND. Let's break it down:

6 available only in ND on MeTV
1 available only in ND on ND NBC
8 available nationally on ESPN3
1 available nationally on fox college sports central
1 available nationally on root sports

Top that off with 6 of the above being on regional Midco. That is pretty awesome. Only national games I can't get at home with my current cord cutter set up are UN_ and Denver.

tjbison
11-03-2015, 10:59 PM
http://www.collegeinsider.com/mens-mid-major-top-25.php

Mid major t25

westnodak93bison
11-03-2015, 11:05 PM
http://www.collegeinsider.com/mens-mid-major-top-25.php

Mid major t25
Bulletin board material

ZHerd
11-03-2015, 11:29 PM
Bulletin board material

No joke. It's almost as though some think we just lost Bjorklund, Wright, and Taylor Braun. After what this team did despite losing so much following 2013-14 there is no way I'm discounting a league champ team that lost one player

HerdBot
11-03-2015, 11:31 PM
17 regular season to be broadcast in ND. Let's break it down:

6 available only in ND on MeTV
1 available only in ND on ND NBC
8 available nationally on ESPN3
1 available nationally on fox college sports central
1 available nationally on root sports

Top that off with 6 of the above being on regional Midco. That is pretty awesome. Only national games I can't get at home with my current cord cutter set up are UN_ and Denver.

I think its a dog shit TV schedule. We can't do better than 1 game on NBC ND? One of these years I'll go hook up some rabbit ears or better yet some high powered ones because I can't get MeTV over the air. (Actually I'll be at most games but thr casual fan won't buy rabbit ears)

THEsocalledfan
11-04-2015, 12:40 PM
I think its a dog shit TV schedule. We can't do better than 1 game on NBC ND? One of these years I'll go hook up some rabbit ears or better yet some high powered ones because I can't get MeTV over the air. (Actually I'll be at most games but thr casual fan won't buy rabbit ears)

Eight games for a middle of the road mid major on ESPN3 with true national coverage sure sounds pretty good to me. That is nearly as many as the football team.

Mr Pep Band
11-04-2015, 03:34 PM
Not sure if this has been posted already, but if not.

Bison Video Blog: Season preview with Dave Richman

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bison-video-blog-season-preview-with-dave-richman/

tcbison
11-04-2015, 03:48 PM
I'm looking forward to the season. I just wish I could get this MeTV in the Twin Cities. Anyway, I am very interested in the lineups that Richman will use this year and how some of the new guys fit in. The Bison will be young, athletic and have good length. Fun times! Go Bison.

El_Chapo
11-04-2015, 04:11 PM

I agree. this is pathetic FSN North with 5-6 games would be better. Heck NBC ND cant get more than 1 game on? (heck it gives the impression that only playing und is the only way we get on statewide which is a freakin joke)

Its an embarassing TV schedule for the casual tv viewer (AND sports bars)

ndsubison1
11-04-2015, 05:10 PM
No video of game?

bisonpride4ever
11-05-2015, 12:34 AM
What's the story on Trey Miller? Any chance he plays this season?

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch

NDSUstudent
11-05-2015, 03:10 PM

The TV schedule isn't entirely complete, some of these games will be added to ESPN College Extra.

Strommer10
11-07-2015, 09:47 PM

We need to have all basketball games on ESPN3 like football has. MeTV/NBC is fine for North Dakota, but for those of us out of state, free online streaming needs to be a point of emphasis for NDSU this next year.

IBleedYellow
11-09-2015, 12:40 AM
Man, Jeremy Jorgenson is a huge asset to this University.

The amount of ESPN3 coverage that we get for our sports is directly related to the relationship he has with ESPN.

Bison03
11-09-2015, 07:45 PM
Per Richman's press conference; Khy Kabellis will not reshirt and play this season. No decision yet on the other true freshman.

TNbison
11-09-2015, 11:12 PM
Per Richman's press conference; Khy Kabellis will not reshirt and play this season. No decision yet on the other true freshman.
Hope he's a big contributor this year. I usually don't really get into bball much until football is over but I'm really excited for the season to start

Kujava23
11-10-2015, 08:40 PM

Well, let's EXAMINE what this means

Carlin Dupree the starting PG for the BISON, but what I read into this is that Khy is the backup PG to Dupree with HOPES of keeping Paul Miller at SG to provide scoring punch and ONLY use at PG in foul trouble to other two.

Thoughts?

wcb_sas
11-11-2015, 11:41 AM

Carlin Dupree the starting PG for the BISON, but what I read into this is that Khy is the backup PG to Dupree with HOPES of keeping Paul Miller at SG to provide scoring punch and ONLY use at PG in foul trouble to other two.

Thoughts?On a Richman team - one that regularly rotates 8 to 9 guys - Khy is destined to play a fair amount. He may not start or BE the starter but is likely to play a lot!

BisonJD
11-11-2015, 02:19 PM

Deng red-shirting this season.

THEsocalledfan
11-11-2015, 02:20 PM

For those who don't know, pay attention to when BisonJD speaks.

HandoEX
11-11-2015, 02:24 PM

Yesssssssss! Great news for the future!

herdmember
11-11-2015, 02:48 PM

Thoughts?

Richman goes into this a bit at this week's press conference. Talks about lineups where all 3 guys could be in the lineup at the same time. How it's more of a ball in hand league so you need more ball handlers, etc. Definitely read in that this means Khy will be backup PG. https://youtu.be/5wIbFepKBBI

RossUglem
11-13-2015, 03:05 PM
http://www.scout.com/college/north-dakota-state/story/1611147-bison-embracing-positionless-basketball

My discussion about "positionless" basketball with Coach Richman for BisonReport

bisonfan08
11-14-2015, 12:19 AM
Just saw on twitter that Deng Geu and Evan Wesenberg will be redshirting this season. Appears Dylan Miller will also be playing as a true freshman.

THEsocalledfan
11-16-2015, 01:26 PM
Just saw on twitter that Deng Geu and Evan Wesenberg will be redshirting this season. Appears Dylan Miller will also be playing as a true freshman.

JD broke that news days ago; see above. I was serious in my post above.

HandoEX
11-16-2015, 02:11 PM
JD broke that news days ago; see above. I was serious in my post above.

That post mentioned nothing about Wesenberg or Miller.

THEsocalledfan
11-16-2015, 02:16 PM
That post mentioned nothing about Wesenberg or Miller.

Good point.

El_Chapo
11-16-2015, 03:26 PM
Ok looking at this upcoming bison schedule:

If you want to be a serious basketball school & step up a level, you don't lose more than 5 in this season:

Illinois - L (ndsu up 14)
Iowa State - L top 10 team

Utah State lost to a D2 last week, we need to beat them
Arkansas St lost to SIU-Edwardsville we should beat them
Idaho St was 7-23 last year we should beat them
Southern Miss was 9-20 last year we should beat them

Montana, Montana st , Und all need to be wins.

Seriously, we lose 2-3 games AT MOST in Non Conference and sure, go ahead and stub your toe 1-2 in Summit Play

if NDSU wants to be a LEGIT Mid Major basketball school and WE ALL WANT THAT! then you go 25-5 at WORST this year.

herdmember
11-16-2015, 03:38 PM
If the road trip is any indication it looks like NDSU will go 7 deep with big minutes (8 when Kading is back) and then Eliason will get 6 to 10 big man minutes to throw his body around, Ishola will get some defensive specialty minutes, and Dylan Miller doesn't have much of a role right now. Hoping this is just one of those scenarios where they expect to get him more and more into the rotation as they play at home, in conference, etc. Any idea what the thinking is there? Surprised at how few minutes he played with Kading out against 2 big teams.

Lastly, what is the story with Trey Miller. Is he injured or just one of those guys that will take a few years to work into a role? I'll hang up and listen.

tcbison
11-16-2015, 04:29 PM
If the road trip is any indication it looks like NDSU will go 7 deep with big minutes (8 when Kading is back) and then Eliason will get 6 to 10 big man minutes to throw his body around, Ishola will get some defensive specialty minutes, and Dylan Miller doesn't have much of a role right now. Hoping this is just one of those scenarios where they expect to get him more and more into the rotation as they play at home, in conference, etc. Any idea what the thinking is there? Surprised at how few minutes he played with Kading out against 2 big teams.

Lastly, what is the story with Trey Miller. Is he injured or just one of those guys that will take a few years to work into a role? I'll hang up and listen.

I thought that Dylan Miller would have a role. I had heard the staff was high on him. Not sure what the deal is.

HoopsBison
11-16-2015, 06:48 PM

I think Dylan will earn more minutes as the season goes on. Hes only played 2 games that count, like most freshman it will just take some time but I do think he can play a role this season for us.

Trey is coming off a pretty nasty injury last season. I think a lot of this season for him will just be getting the strength back and getting used to college ball. Hes kind of behind a little bit with not being able to practice much last season.

Just my thoughts...

wcb_sas
11-17-2015, 11:38 AM

Lastly, what is the story with Trey Miller. Is he injured or just one of those guys that will take a few years to work into a role? I'll hang up and listen.DMiller and SEliason are battling for those 6 to 10 minutes per game with Big Spencer getting the nod at the moment. When Kading returns neither is likely to get huge minutes.

Mr. Burgundy
11-17-2015, 02:32 PM
I thought that Dylan Miller would have a role. I had heard the staff was high on him. Not sure what the deal is.

The deal is he is an 18 year old Freshman who just went on his first road trip. Lets relax on expectations of our 8-10th type kids. Typically...TYPICALLY, kids come in with smaller roles and end up larger roles down the road. He can help us, and will. That is a position where foul trouble exists, where our starter is already coming off multiple surgeries. You cannot have enough eligible big men. He won't be huge in every game, but I would bet there will be a few that are really important to us.