PDA

View Full Version : Whatsa Zag?

gizmo
03-20-2015, 03:24 PM
And here I thought they were the Bulldogs, which is a pretty good nickname. You could even urbanize the name and call them Da Dawgz, I suppose. IMO, "The Zag Pound" just doesn't have a good vibe to it. Maybe they don't like the idea of being short-legged ugly pugs with no personality.
:biggrin:

Go Bison!!!

Bison03
03-20-2015, 03:36 PM
I've never understood that. I think someone just all of a sudden decided to call them Zags one time and it stuck. Pretty sad when you would rather be that then your actual nickname. Maybe we should call ourselves the N-Daks.

aces1180
03-20-2015, 03:37 PM
I've never understood that. I think someone just all of a sudden decided to call them Zags one time and it stuck. Pretty sad when you would rather be that then your actual nickname. Maybe we should call ourselves the N-Daks.

UN_ will be the Nodaks...Or, as they will always be known by their opponents, the Nodiks.

bisonp
03-20-2015, 03:52 PM
According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zig_and_Zag_(puppets)), this is a Zag:

http://www.kidsera.com/images/0898a.jpg

aces1180
03-20-2015, 04:05 PM
http://zigzag.com/images/index-image.jpg

HerdBot
03-20-2015, 04:22 PM
http://zigzag.com/images/index-image.jpg

Hey Washington is actually ahead of the curve. In our medieval state it's a friggin misdemeanor for a dime bag of weed... your "zags" would then qualify as drug paraphernalia and you now have 2 misdemeanors. Might as well outlaw dancing too.

aces1180
03-20-2015, 04:26 PM
Hey Washington is actually ahead of the curve. In our medieval state it's a friggin misdemeanor for a dime bag of weed... your "zags" would then qualify as drug paraphernalia and you now have 2 misdemeanors. Might as well outlaw dancing too.

On the Jack Michaels Show yesterday, he was talking about how weird it was seeing people lighting up bowls in the open without any worry.

HerdBot
03-20-2015, 04:29 PM
On the Jack Michaels Show yesterday, he was talking about how weird it was seeing people lighting up bowls in the open without any worry.

Probably a bit of a culture shock but that's the way it should be... free country.

TheZagPhish
03-20-2015, 05:06 PM
This thread is hilarious!

Somewhere around '97 Gonzaga's AD Mike Roth initiated a number of changes to the brand and its marketing. One of these changes was the introduction of "Zags" as an unofficial but broadly used moniker. It was a differentiating effort, I think, given the number of Bulldog teams out there.

And the nickname certainly has its detractors in the fanbase. Many purists just don't like it. Myself, I kind of like the uniqueness. Shrug.

As for legalization, it's been a nice step forward for our state (not to mention a money-maker). If you think seeing someone light up without worry is unusual, try shopping in a retail store with a menu board, friendly staff and chill customers. I'm still not used to it. :)

Bison03
03-20-2015, 05:44 PM

Somewhere around '97 Gonzaga's AD Mike Roth initiated a number of changes to the brand and its marketing. One of these changes was the introduction of "Zags" as an unofficial but broadly used moniker. It was a differentiating effort, I think, given the number of Bulldog teams out there.

And the nickname certainly has its detractors in the fanbase. Many purists just don't like it. Myself, I kind of like the uniqueness. Shrug.

As for legalization, it's been a nice step forward for our state (not to mention a money-maker). If you think seeing someone light up without worry is unusual, try shopping in a retail store with a menu board, friendly staff and chill customers. I'm still not used to it. :)

If you hang around here enough, or read some previous threads; it does get pretty rediculious around here. But we like to be right on the border of relivence and absurd.

Vet70
03-20-2015, 05:50 PM
In Arabic it means "S***."

Bison Loaf
03-20-2015, 06:29 PM
One of these changes was the introduction of "Zags" as an unofficial but broadly used moniker.

I think I've heard of something like this before. Except I think it was a "banned but broadly used moniker". Just can't seem to place it, though. Hmmm, let me think.........where was that?

Oh well, whoever it was, I'm sure you've given them some great food for thought.

ndsubison1
03-20-2015, 06:43 PM

went to the 4th of july fair in spokane last year. that was interesting...

StL Bison Fan
03-20-2015, 06:51 PM
If you hang around here enough, or read some previous threads; it does get pretty rediculious around here. But we like to be right on the border of relivence and absurd.

We could also say we are one leap from crazy to bat Sh:) crazy...

Hammersmith
03-20-2015, 08:28 PM
It's the opposite of a Zig.

HerdBot
03-20-2015, 08:59 PM

Yes I would like some Lebanese Blonde Hash and a couple of brownies. I should move to Washington!

scottietohottie
03-20-2015, 09:28 PM
I prefer a blunt rolled with a philly vs a zag

Hammerhead
03-20-2015, 11:17 PM

Surprised me when a fellow Bisonviller did that outside the Alumni Association festivities last year in Spokane.

Hammerhead
03-20-2015, 11:19 PM
I guess Zag is better than Gonzo.

http://fan4racing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Gonzo_714.jpg

norm4life
03-20-2015, 11:35 PM
Would a Zag ever Zip to Zap?

IzzyFlexion
03-22-2015, 09:38 PM

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner"

aces1180
03-23-2015, 01:12 AM
Surprised me when a fellow Bisonviller did that outside the Alumni Association festivities last year in Spokane.

Hahaha...I was with a Colorado resident in Frisco for the 3rd natty...He had no problem lighting up a J in the tailgating lot after the W.