PDA

View Full Version : Non Believers - Enough Said

NDSUFan_Sav
03-11-2015, 03:53 AM
I remember during the Texas game and during the Iowa game many were bitching about how bad we are and how shitty these season will be. I remember mentioning many times we will be fine, give this season time and let the young boys grow.

4 months later.... WE ARE DANCING!!!!!!!!!!! So to all you people that say yes there are 8 delusional basketball posters, I think you owe us something. I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. It wasn't always pretty but the fight in this team is unreal, they never give up and believe in themselves. They don't look pretty out there but they find a way to win.

March Madness Bound!

DjKyRo
03-11-2015, 03:56 AM
I will step up to the plate and dish up my crow. Thought we'd be totally down this year, figured we had no depth, no height, no leadership. Every aspect of this team has blown away my expectations. I was mistaken and I commend the team for stepping up huge and delivering a huge step forward for the program.

Couldn't be happier. Go Bison!

Bison bison
I don't get this thread. Only a lunatic would have believed that ndsu would back to the ncaas this s year.

Mr Meaty
I always had faith and the boys done it. Give me more green kool-aide. I love this stuff.

westnodak93bison
03-11-2015, 03:58 AM
I have to admit I said the ole family aye yai yai saying during and after the TX and IA games but damn this team has grown on me! Its a TEAM that plays hard, can defend and hustles, never seems to complain and here we are.....doing the hokey pokey or what ever dance

BisonTeacher
03-11-2015, 03:58 AM
I remember during the Texas game and during the Iowa game many were bitching about how bad we are and how shitty these season will be. I remember mentioning many times we will be fine, give this season time and let the young boys grow.

4 months later.... WE ARE DANCING!!!!!!!!!!! So to all you people that say yes there are 8 delusional basketball posters, I think you owe us something. I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. It wasn't always pretty but the fight in this team is unreal, they never give up and believe in themselves. They don't look pretty out there but they find a way to win.

March Madness Bound!

I don't get this thread. Only a lunatic would have believed that ndsu would back to the ncaas this s year.

I actually agree with both of you. I havent posted much this season but if you woulda asked me at the end of last season I would have said no way. So maybe I am a crow eater...but NDB2 is right too.

Who cares. LETS GO BISON!!!

NDSU92
03-11-2015, 03:59 AM
I had better fess up as well. I remember being in the crowd that though it was a joke that Dex got a schollie. Even turned on the UND game at the beginning of the year with the idea that I'd turn it off when we got down a few possessions. I gotta be honest though, following this team each of the last two years has been just as fun as football has been. Damn we're blessed as Bison fans

NDSUFan_Sav
03-11-2015, 04:01 AM
All I'm saying is so many threw in the towel. I never said we would accomplish what we've accomplished, but never gave up on this team.

StL Bison Fan
03-11-2015, 04:01 AM
Finally bought BB season tickets. I'm a genius.
What fun this has been so far. I'm hooked.

tjbison
03-11-2015, 04:02 AM
love it, I never said we would be were we are, never said we couldn't do it

so damn happy.....people will say Saul this Saul that...nope Dave did this LA is going to be damn hard to replace but like football our youngins are getting great PT and making the NCAA 2 yrs in a row having a win and 3 times overall with a new arena is only going to help the program...I'm pumped

Bisonator98
03-11-2015, 04:03 AM
I didn't think this team could do it either but I always liked watching them fight and claw for every win. Never pretty just blue collar hard working never say die attitude from these guys is infectious and its hard not to root for them. True underdogs but that's the way they like it!

Tatanka
03-11-2015, 04:04 AM
I'll freely admit I was expecting far, far less... Keep proving me wrong, men.

North Side
03-11-2015, 04:04 AM
I thought we were a good team, but I never thought we got back to the dance this year. I just thought we didn't have enough of a bench and foul trouble would kill us. I guess not I am so happy for this team LA and Coach Richman!!!

westnodak93bison
03-11-2015, 04:10 AM
Richman > Saul. Never thought I'd say it but the student is damn damn good!

marenlee
03-11-2015, 04:14 AM
The start of the season was expected. I knew we would get better and I was thinking just over .500. I love this feeling. Getting the unexpected. No more building a team for every 4 years. We're here to stay!

Tony Almeida
03-11-2015, 04:16 AM
I was wrong, I was wrong!!! Never felt so good to say that...picking feathers out of my teeth now.

Please prove me wrong again in the tourney.

JSUBison
03-11-2015, 04:18 AM
love it, I never said we would be were we are, never said we couldn't do it

so damn happy.....people will say Saul this Saul that...nope Dave did this LA is going to be damn hard to replace but like football our youngins are getting great PT and making the NCAA 2 yrs in a row having a win and 3 times overall with a new arena is only going to help the program...I'm pumped

I knew next to nothing about Dave around this time last year when Saul left. I love Saul to death, and I don't mean this as a dig on Saul, but we may have traded up when he left. Remains to be seen how Dave does on his own recruiting, but I'd bet my next paycheck that this won't be Richman's only NCAA bid.

And since this is kind of an "I told you so" thread, I remember posting earlier this year that the days of building a team for one shot every 4 years was over. :biggrin: But even then I'd be lying if I said this year of all years we would be back. Credit to LA and DR for this.

Burnt_Secondary
03-11-2015, 04:29 AM
Richman > Saul. Never thought I'd say it but the student is damn damn good!

Well I've hardly posted this year but I think you all know that I agree with the above statement. I haven't posted because I didn't have anything to complain about. This team started playing above my expectations pretty early.

Truth be told however there was a lot of debate on whether I should get season tickets this year, I really thought we were in trouble. (I did get them and enjoyed my half time beers.) I was expecting a 3 point shooting small ball team, which we were but with the drives to the bucket that we do, and that defense. WOW!

When everyone is the same size and we switch on every screen, we it makes it very difficult on the opponent.

I love this team and staff. So yeah, I'll eat crow . . . but I quit doubting this team after the summit opener.

Undefeated at home . . . wow.

Tied for conference title.

Going dancing . . .

This is why we cannot build for every 4 years. We need to be able to take advantage of down years in the league. Bring it every year. We are one of the big boys in this league now!!!

HandoEX
03-11-2015, 04:43 AM
SDbison looks foolish. Sorry bud :(

And his twin was an ESPN cameraman...

http://i60.tinypic.com/10q023b.jpg

tjbison
03-11-2015, 04:46 AM
SDbison looks foolish. Sorry bud :(

And his twin was an ESPN cameraman...

http://i60.tinypic.com/10q023b.jpg

was he running the anti bison bball camera?

AjaxTheMighty
03-11-2015, 04:53 AM
Shame on you Bison fans for thinking after two back to back 30 point losses to start the season NDSU wasn't going to the NC-DOUBLE A tourney! Embarrassing! You guys are idiots! I knew as soon as we closed out the game against Iowa we were a shoe-in! Stick to watching football you'all! I've said all along, most teams that lose three starters, 80% of their production, a POY, and the head coach, will USUALLY win! You didn't see this coming? The writing was on the wall if you ask me! Shame on you Bisonville!

HerdBot
03-11-2015, 05:02 AM
After the first 5 games I was convinced this would be a rebuilding year and I accepted that and adjusted my expectations . Watching the young players develop and the team build an identify was really fun to watch. I saw flashes during the Southern Miss game and it kept building.We are not the same team we were. I will gladly eat a deep fried crow! (not sure for what though)

NDSUstudent
03-11-2015, 05:05 AM
Honestly I thought we would take our lumps early and was just hoping we would get rolling come conference tournament time. What happened greatly exceeded my expectations, there were times this year where I just scratched my head and wondered how in the heck did we win that game? When we beat Denver on the road and IPFW at home is when I really thought this team could do it. Those were gutty championship contender type of wins.

HoopsBison
03-11-2015, 05:06 AM
I just love this school, this program, and Bison athletics. We are all about winning big games, never count out the Bison!

ZHerd
03-11-2015, 05:09 AM
Shame on you Bison fans for thinking after two back to back 30 point losses to start the season NDSU wasn't going to the NC-DOUBLE A tourney! Embarrassing! You guys are idiots! I knew as soon as we closed out the game against Iowa we were a shoe-in! Stick to watching football you'all! I've said all along, most teams that lose three starters, 80% of their production, a POY, and the head coach, will USUALLY win! You didn't see this coming? The writing was on the wall if you ask me! Shame on you Bisonville!

Haha, no kidding

NDSUFan_Sav
03-11-2015, 05:23 AM

Dude, STFU!

I never said we would make the NCAA Tourney, all I said was to not give up on this team/season because of the game vs Texas and Iowa. Many did and there were a select few to say things will be fine, just give them time to grow as a team/group. I never expected them to be Co-Conf Champs and to make the tourney, but to give up on a season because of the first 2 games is ridiculous. As long as this team could get better and grow together and once getting to the Conference Tourney anything could happen.

SamsRams
03-11-2015, 05:59 AM
Dude, STFU!

I never said we would make the NCAA Tourney, all I said was to not give up on this team/season because of the game vs Texas and Iowa. Many did and there were a select few to say things will be fine, just give them time to grow as a team/group. I never expected them to be Co-Conf Champs and to make the tourney, but to give up on a season because of the first 2 games is ridiculous. As long as this team could get better and grow together and once getting to the Conference Tourney anything could happen.

I mailed it in after Southern Miss loss and I was 100% wrong. I love being wrong in situations like this

NDSUFan_Sav
03-11-2015, 06:02 AM
I mailed it in after Southern Miss loss and I was 100% wrong. I love being wrong in situations like this
Nor did I say they win easy or pretty but the fight and determination in this team is unreal. They had many many gutsy but ugly wins but winners find a way to win. DR got this team buy in and believe.

ndsubison1
03-11-2015, 08:38 AM
I will step up to the plate and dish up my crow. Thought we'd be totally down this year, figured we had no depth, no height, no leadership. Every aspect of this team has blown away my expectations. I was mistaken and I commend the team for stepping up huge and delivering a huge step forward for the program.

Couldn't be happier. Go Bison!

I totally knew this team would dance.

tjbison
03-11-2015, 11:52 AM
Nor did I say they win easy or pretty but the fight and determination in this team is unreal. They had many many gutsy but ugly wins but winners find a way to win. DR got this team buy in and believe.

think we had a football team do this very same thing...ugly win is still a win

OnTheFifty
03-11-2015, 01:59 PM
After the first 5 games I was convinced this would be a rebuilding year and I accepted that and adjusted my expectations . Watching the young players develop and the team build an identify was really fun to watch. I saw flashes during the Southern Miss game and it kept building.We are not the same team we were. I will gladly eat a deep fried crow! (not sure for what though)

Gabe\HerdBot- Not sure for what? Well I just pulled up the old Iowa thread and found a sampling of your posts?

“After watchimg this game I feel worse about the team than the last game. I'm already losing interest and we haven't even played a game at home. Seriously after watching this shit, UND is going to kick our ass. Were that bad.”

“Even our worst team in the D1 era would have had some kind of moral victory. We cant compete only a moron drinking Kool aid would think otherwise. Were like a D2 team. This is a horse shit team. We won't even go 500 in the Summit. In fact I'll be shocked if we beat UND.”

“Keep drinking the Kool aid. Look to next year. This is like watching ndsu football vs a pioneer league team. Sadly were the pioneer league team. We need to ditch the small 3 guard lineup and play a young big because we need some resemblance of an inside game. If you can't shoot as a guard no business playing them. It's all about building for next year”

“Dupree and AJ are both major liabilities right now. Dupree should be coming off the bench. He's not starter material yet. Not even close. Miller has shown he can score against big time opponents and can flat out shoot. I would do anything to get another big guy in because we need size and it's quite obvious this season will be nothing more than a learning/development process. I would even pull a redshirt to do it because next year we will suck without a big”

SDbison
03-11-2015, 02:23 PM
What can I say except.....guilty as charged. Serve up a huge plate of steamy rotten crow carcass for me with a side of cold turds. Still can't believe this team did what they did. Just like the football team they must have the heart of a champion.

Tony Almeida
03-11-2015, 02:25 PM

Gabe\HerdBot- Not sure for what? Well I just pulled up the old Iowa thread and found a sampling of your posts?

“After watchimg this game I feel worse about the team than the last game. I'm already losing interest and we haven't even played a game at home. Seriously after watching this shit, UND is going to kick our ass. Were that bad.”

“Even our worst team in the D1 era would have had some kind of moral victory. We cant compete only a moron drinking Kool aid would think otherwise. Were like a D2 team. This is a horse shit team. We won't even go 500 in the Summit. In fact I'll be shocked if we beat UND.”

“Keep drinking the Kool aid. Look to next year. This is like watching ndsu football vs a pioneer league team. Sadly were the pioneer league team. We need to ditch the small 3 guard lineup and play a young big because we need some resemblance of an inside game. If you can't shoot as a guard no business playing them. It's all about building for next year”

“Dupree and AJ are both major liabilities right now. Dupree should be coming off the bench. He's not starter material yet. Not even close. Miller has shown he can score against big time opponents and can flat out shoot. I would do anything to get another big guy in because we need size and it's quite obvious this season will be nothing more than a learning/development process. I would even pull a redshirt to do it because next year we will suck without a big”

Wow you really don't like Herdbot do you? That's a lot of work for 5 words in parentheses...did you read the 4 sentences that came before that?

Are you a lawyer by any chance?

HerdBot
03-11-2015, 04:39 PM

At the time.. all of that was true. We barely beat Crookston and we're a D2 looking team vs Iowa and Texas. AJ and Dupree looked like first time starters.

Fast forward Dupree and AJ developed into good players The team started playing a more physical style of ball with Dex playing a good role Inside. And if we could barely beat Crookston, at the time losing to UND was realistic. All the credit to the team for gelling and ending the year strong. That was a brutally honest assessment ar the time. Won't apologize for that. I was complimentary as we improved. Props for finishing strong and I'm very very proud of these guys.

BisonHorns
03-12-2015, 02:06 AM
First year with season tickets! Loved every game and believed we were winners from the start. Thank you to the team for making the season tickets worth every penny.

admin
03-12-2015, 02:17 AM
First year with season tickets! Loved every game and believed we were winners from the start. Thank you to the team for making the season tickets worth every penny.

Gotta a feeling that season ticket sales are going to explode next year. Good move getting them this year!

stevdock
03-12-2015, 02:56 AM
I'm gonna be honest and go one step further, I didn't think this team was going to win the Summit until SDSU's 3-pointer was a touch off, but I believed they could do it. I mean it sure looked like to me SDSU had more talent and ability, but it goes to show that you can overcome talent by outworking the other team, which I honestly thought we did by a wide margin. I think I'm more impressed by this team than our other 2 champions.

NDSU92
03-12-2015, 04:03 AM

“Even our worst team in the D1 era would have had some kind of moral victory. We cant compete only a moron drinking Kool aid would think otherwise.

I guess we found enough morons drinking kool aid, put them in green and yellow and made one a coach and it all worked out. This team sure believes in itself and if it continues to do so, might just make some noise in the tourney.

ndsubison1
03-12-2015, 04:09 AM
This team sure thrives when theyre not expected to do anything. They will be the underdog, again, next game by far.

AjaxTheMighty
03-13-2015, 08:31 PM
I'm
Dude, STFU!

Lol! Okay, I will after I point out a flaw in your original post because I'm difficult like that. The title of the thread says: "Non Believers (sic) - Enough Said". If that was enough said why did you monologue the 'I was right' speech? I admit I didn't think we'd be this successful. After the first two games I thought 12 wins would be the max. But it wasn't necessarily just because of Texas and Iowa. It was because we lost lots from last year including the coach, AD, most of our production also was gone. I don't blame a soul for losing faith. In fact that was probably the rational and prevailing sentiment. Neither should you have blamed anyone. Whats more repulsive? Losing faith and showing disgust when we are losing or saying 'na na na na boo boo I was right and you were wrong'? I'm going the latter. In fact it's that group of fans that usually keep the pressure on a program to get better. They are the pushers and if they aren't happy it hits the fan! Use the coal and diamond analogy if you want. The group of fans where everything is 'fine' doesn't get it done at a university like NDNSU. It's fun to watch SD get the uptight ones' panties in a bunch. He gets all negative and then he gets insulted. Life's too short to take message board banter so serious. I'll STFU now.

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2015, 09:19 PM
Nothing matters anymore. The demolishing we took in the first 2 games doesn't matter. The countless hits and arguments about this team in the game threads doesn't matter anymore. The intense fighting on AJ Jacobson's wide open 3 late in the SDSU game that didn't fall, and people tore each other apart about that being a good shot or not doesn't matter anymore. The team has really had a mirculous season and I don't think there is 1 person in here, believer or not, that thought we would be dancing this year.

westnodak93bison
03-13-2015, 09:36 PM
Nothing matters anymore. The demolishing we took in the first 2 games doesn't matter. The countless hits and arguments about this team in the game threads doesn't matter anymore. The intense fighting on AJ Jacobson's wide open 3 late in the SDSU game that didn't fall, and people tore each other apart about that being a good shot or not doesn't matter anymore. The team has really had a mirculous season and I don't think there is 1 person in here, believer or not, that thought we would be dancing this year.
It matters cause Coach R implied AJ's 3 was a good look which makes my opinion more valid than longhorn's. Who can argue with the Summit League coach of the year and probable Joe B. Hall award recipient. :p

CaBisonFan
03-13-2015, 11:09 PM
I don't remember writing it here...but I didn't think that the Bison would stand a chance in the conference this year.

I still watched them on espn3 when they were on. I'm not a fair-weather fan when it comes to the Bison.

WFBisonFan
03-14-2015, 07:26 PM
I'll say I didn't think we had a chance....I was hoping the boys would maybe win 1 game in the Summit Tourney. They proved me wrong!

I just can't say enough about what Richman has brought to the program as HC in just one year. He is more team/university oriented than Saully-pants ever could have been. Someone mentioned about us possibly having "trading up" when we got Richman and I couldn't agree more. I just hope we can keep him around long enough to see what he can do with his own recruiting class.

DakotaOkie
03-14-2015, 09:15 PM
Living near Tulsa, the Summit is mentioned only because Oral Roberts U plays in the league. What is interesting is ORU left the Summit to "reduce travel costs and increase strength of schedule". Not winning a conference championship caused them to jump back the Summit where obviously ORU would be the gimme conference leader and get them back to the dance. It is very interesting to read the articles in the Tulsa World newspaper when the teams from up north (obviously unworthy opponents from the Dakotas) wax the Golden Eagles. After watching Texas/NDSU game, I figured a .500 season might be an optimistic thought. Winning conference championship is really remarkable again this year. Folks still give me a hard time when they see my NDSU logo shirts after last year's win over OU. I love it! Even the K-State football win still gets talked about although folks refer to it as division 2...

CalBison97
03-16-2015, 01:29 PM
I'll say I didn't think we had a chance....I was hoping the boys would maybe win 1 game in the Summit Tourney. They proved me wrong!

I just can't say enough about what Richman has brought to the program as HC in just one year. He is more team/university oriented than Saully-pants ever could have been. Someone mentioned about us possibly having "trading up" when we got Richman and I couldn't agree more. I just hope we can keep him around long enough to see what he can do with his own recruiting class.

IMO, Richman is a better Xs and Os coach, especially on offense moving the ball and players around, as well as better at making in-game adjustments. I also like the way Richman appears: extremely calm and collective, which is mirrored by the players.

StL Bison Fan
03-16-2015, 03:45 PM
I am sure someone on this board will agree.
Coach needs to wear his dark suit and buy new dark shoes ( or wear the new bb shoes)
Tartan tie would help. Silly? Maybe not.

Bison55
03-16-2015, 04:26 PM
What's awesome is how young this team is and the potential for NDSU to be in the dance a few years in a row.
To me that exposure.... along with a new stadium could set the stage for some excellent recruiting classes and elevate NDSU basketball to new levels!

BisonNation11
03-16-2015, 04:30 PM
I am sure someone on this board will agree.
Coach needs to wear his dark suit and buy new dark shoes ( or wear the new bb shoes)
Tartan tie would help. Silly? Maybe not.

This is all fine and dandy, but the real question is what Mr. Larson should wear...

StL Bison Fan
03-16-2015, 04:45 PM
This is all fine and dandy, but the real question is what Mr. Larson should wear...

Doesn't matter and you know what I mean...

thundarsdaddy
03-16-2015, 04:50 PM
I just love this school, this program, and Bison athletics. We are all about winning big games, never count out the Bison!

Well said, just go out there players(no matter which sport) and play with Pride, bust your a$$ and leave it all on the floor, thats all we ask.

This team though, caught my attention when we went to that first Scheels Arena game, yes sitting by StlBison and the Fanette's, the boys looked pretty young and in need of games. As the season went on, you saw them hustle their butts off, and stayed competitive...even with the better Summit teams. By seasons ends we find a matured team, having learned a ton from this season, playing very well together as a team, and I'm sure they will take a total "WTF have we got to lose" attitude.

They will leave it on the floor, thats all we can ask!!

wcb_sas
03-16-2015, 06:43 PM
Well said, just go out there players(no matter which sport) and play with Pride, bust your a$$ and leave it all on the floor, thats all we ask.

This team though, caught my attention when we went to that first Scheels Arena game, yes sitting by StlBison and the Fanette's, the boys looked pretty young and in need of games. As the season went on, you saw them hustle their butts off, and stayed competitive...even with the better Summit teams. By seasons ends we find a matured team, having learned a ton from this season, playing very well together as a team, and I'm sure they will take a total "WTF have we got to lose" attitude.

They will leave it on the floor, thats all we can ask!!
This is a team that had 7 players play all but 22 minutes of the season (96.6%).
Of that group of 7 - one senior and 2 juniors.

Mr Meaty
03-16-2015, 09:02 PM
Who is Carlin Dupree for NDSU this year in crunch time? Miller is prime to explode in this tourney. MILLER TIME BABY!!!!!!!!!!

Bison03
03-16-2015, 09:10 PM
Who is Carlin Dupree for NDSU this year in crunch time? Miller is prime to explode in this tourney. MILLER TIME BABY!!!!!!!!!!

I'll drink to that!

http://govball.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/its_miller_time_580e460e6.jpg

BisonNation11
03-16-2015, 09:14 PM
I'll drink to that!

http://govball.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/its_miller_time_580e460e6.jpg

I talked to him this year and told him I'd be making him a sign for next season. It will say exactly this except Miller will be in some combination of green and gold. I will also have flashy lights at his request. My favorite player to watch for the next 3 years. Hoping he can have a huge game that I know he can. If he starts feeling it, look out Zags!

Tatanka
03-16-2015, 10:11 PM
I talked to him this year and told him I'd be making him a sign for next season. It will say exactly this except Miller will be in some combination of green and gold. I will also have flashy lights at his request. My favorite player to watch for the next 3 years. Hoping he can have a huge game that I know he can. If he starts feeling it, look out Zags!

And if not, there's another Miller on the team. ;)

bisonfan08
03-17-2015, 02:11 PM
And if not, there's another Miller on the team. ;)

Who's injured and redshirting...however next year we'll have 3 Millers, half way to a 6-pack!

Bison03
03-17-2015, 07:11 PM
Who's injured and redshirting...however next year we'll have 3 Millers, half way to a 6-pack!

Well, if that's the case...

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.607994565907253288&pid=1.7