PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Home Game Start Times

aces1180
03-10-2015, 04:34 PM
All regular season home games, except UNI (1:00 pm - Homecoming), will start at 2:30 pm Central.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2015/3/9/FB_0309151131.aspx

marenlee
03-10-2015, 04:37 PM
0630 Guam time. Check.

MNLonghorn10
03-10-2015, 04:42 PM
No surprise. I prefer night games but at least I'll be home to watch the national games

Vet70
03-10-2015, 05:30 PM
I hope that there will be night games in the Dome come December.

Tony Almeida
03-10-2015, 10:31 PM
Why is the homecoming game always at 1:00? Is tradition the only factor? I wouldn't mind this game to be a late afternoon game.

BisonTeacher
03-10-2015, 10:39 PM
Why is the homecoming game always at 1:00? Is tradition the only factor? I wouldn't mind this game to be a late afternoon game.

I think it has to do with the other homecoming events schedule.

bison_by_blood
03-10-2015, 11:05 PM

Because we need to practice early tailgating to be prepared for Frisco.

Bison Loaf
03-10-2015, 11:42 PM
Because we need to practice early tailgating to be prepared for Frisco.

And our annual Game Day appearance. :nod:

aces1180
03-11-2015, 01:13 AM

They don't want the students to get too blasted?

Bisonguy
03-11-2015, 02:14 AM

Or it's easier to stay up all night?

A1pigskin
03-21-2015, 04:03 PM

The difference between a liquid breakfast vs. solid breakfast.

5NDSU8
07-15-2015, 01:47 PM
Question about tailgating and parking lot spots... I've only tailgated a handful of times, but If I want to bring a rig, how does the system work? Are spots purchased? or is it a first come, first serve type of deal? Any information would be great. Thanks!

Tatanka
07-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Question about tailgating and parking lot spots... I've only tailgated a handful of times, but If I want to bring a rig, how does the system work? Are spots purchased? or is it a first come, first serve type of deal? Any information would be great. Thanks!

Most of the west lot is reserved tailgating. I'm guessing that they have sold all available spots, but you can contact the Athletic Department to find out for sure.

About 1/4 of the west lot is General Admission tailgating, which opens 5 hours prior to game time. The line for that lot typically starts forming the night before, first come, first served.

Of course, you can park in the east side of the dome but there's no alcohol consumption permitted on campus other than in the west lot.

Hope this helps.

And here. We. Go.

SDbison
07-15-2015, 02:54 PM
Question about tailgating and parking lot spots... I've only tailgated a handful of times, but If I want to bring a rig, how does the system work? Are spots purchased? or is it a first come, first serve type of deal? Any information would be great. Thanks! Sounds like you have a lot of catching up to do........

Bison bison
07-15-2015, 04:30 PM

Send me a check for $1,000 and I'll let you use my eight spots for a day.

Trumpster
07-15-2015, 04:33 PM
Most of the west lot is reserved tailgating. I'm guessing that they have sold all available spots, but you can contact the Athletic Department to find out for sure.

About 1/4 of the west lot is General Admission tailgating, which opens 5 hours prior to game time. The line for that lot typically starts forming the night before, first come, first served.

Of course, you can park in the east side of the dome but there's no alcohol consumption permitted on campus other than in the west lot.

Hope this helps.

And here. We. Go.

I'll add that 2 years ago arriving 1 hour before the lots open was plenty enough early to get a spot in the lot. Last year arriving only 1 hour early made me nervous about getting a spot.

5NDSU8
07-15-2015, 05:23 PM
Send me a check for $1,000 and I'll let you use my eight spots for a day.

I won't need that much room, but I really want to find a spot for the home opener (I don't make as many games as I would like) but I want to debut the rig that day.. so I'll keep you posted!

BISONBRI53
07-15-2015, 05:26 PM
What's up with the nooner start time for the 10/24 game?

roadwarrior
07-15-2015, 05:38 PM
What's up with the nooner start time for the 10/24 game?

1pm game eastern time in Terre Haute

StL Bison Fan
07-15-2015, 11:38 PM
1pm game eastern time in Terre Haute

You going to that one? :biggrin:

roadwarrior
07-16-2015, 12:18 AM
You going to that one? :biggrin:

I'll be there at noon, maybe earlier. :bong:

5NDSU8
07-29-2015, 02:32 PM
Called NDSU and they just filled spots that were released so sadly I'm out of luck to find a tailgating spot so i PM'ed NDb2 about rental, but hopefully we can find spots for the home opener and the UN_ Fighting GreenRoughriderHawks game. If anybody knows of people that will not be making those contests and have space available please let me know! Our truck is ready to go! Thanks!

FrozenTech
07-29-2015, 03:11 PM
Just have to be like the 'other half' of us that get lined up early to get a spot in the unreserved section. Its generally not too hard, especially the later games in the year. (when it gets colder.) The first games of the year... well get there early. At this point my Dad usually takes the BAVII over the night before. Its an RV so crashing in the RV is no big deal and it basically means tailgating starts (in the line) the night before. NDSU or the Fargo Dome authority - whomever is in charge of that should consider letting the non-reserved and reserved folks set up the night before. The Non-Reserved line is partying 100 feet away as it is.

Mr Meaty
07-29-2015, 04:44 PM
Are you saying Friday night tailgating would be a good idea? I disagree, it would be a great idea.

Tony Almeida
07-30-2015, 01:22 AM
Just have to be like the 'other half' of us that get lined up early to get a spot in the unreserved section. Its generally not too hard, especially the later games in the year. (when it gets colder.) The first games of the year... well get there early. At this point my Dad usually takes the BAVII over the night before. Its an RV so crashing in the RV is no big deal and it basically means tailgating starts (in the line) the night before. NDSU or the Fargo Dome authority - whomever is in charge of that should consider letting the non-reserved and reserved folks set up the night before. The Non-Reserved line is partying 100 feet away as it is.

I didn't know they allowed people in Friday night...can you start tailgating that soon or is it under the radar and it's for setup only? How many are there usually on Friday nights?

roadwarrior
07-30-2015, 02:02 AM
I didn't know they allowed people in Friday night...can you start tailgating that soon or is it under the radar and it's for setup only? How many are there usually on Friday nights?

Nobody "allows" people in, they just start lining up on 17th ave. Just keep in mind that the NDSU police work 24/7. Any open containers are running the risk of some problems....

wtffootballfan
07-30-2015, 02:06 AM
[QUOTE=5NDSU8;1022718]Called NDSU and they just filled spots that were released so sadly I'm out of luck to find a tailgating spot so i PM'ed NDb2 about rental, but hopefully we can find spots for the home opener and the UN_ Fighting GreenRoughriderHawks game. If anybody knows of people that will not be making those contests and have space available please let me know! Our truck is ready to go! Thanks![/QUO

Pinto on KFAN said there is a tailgating spot for sale on Stubhub for $400. This is for the _nd game.

Tony Almeida
07-30-2015, 05:01 AM
Nobody "allows" people in, they just start lining up on 17th ave. Just keep in mind that the NDSU police work 24/7. Any open containers are running the risk of some problems....

Thanks for clearing that up, I should have read FrozenTech's comment a little closer and slower.

5NDSU8
07-31-2015, 01:45 AM
Can you leave vehicles unattended or do you have to stay with it at all times??

roadwarrior
07-31-2015, 02:13 AM

Depends on whether there is a NO PARKING sign.

EndZoneQB
07-31-2015, 02:14 AM

Good question :)

MNLonghorn10
07-31-2015, 02:31 AM
Good luck doing such an act

5NDSU8
08-22-2015, 01:43 AM
If anyone has changed plans or know of anyone with a tailgate spot for rent for the home opener, I'll entertain any offer!!