PDA

View Full Version : GF Herald coverage .

lakesbison
09-01-2006, 06:06 PM
I have a friend who unfortunately has to goto UND Law school since NDSU doesn't have one and is living in crookston at least. ha ha

he said there was NOTHING on the NDSU football game today...

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/ <<< or the homepage.

Futhermore, there was barely a blip about the mid con.

So, tell me this, why the HELL does the Forum have UND coverage like crazy??

I think this is pathetic...... my poor buddy.. I feel for him.

Scooter
09-01-2006, 06:12 PM
I don't think there is anything preveiwing the UND-Central Washington game in the Forum today. At least you can hang your hat on that....

IowaBisonToo
09-01-2006, 06:14 PM
Because that would be admitting that what they wrote in the past was all BS. *Wasn't it columnists from the Herald that said NDSU was going to fail. *They weren't going to find a conference. *And the list could go on. *I don't think they like the taste of black feathers. ;)

This is also the reason that the Fargo Forum is an excellent paper. *For those of us that have moved away from Fargo, you really tend to notice this. *I can read both the Sioux City Journal and the Sioux Falls Argus Leader and neither of them can hold a candle to the Forum. *The Herald is a homer rag and will always be that way. *The Forum is a more regional paper.

lakesbison
09-01-2006, 06:14 PM
i didnt see forum today, my birdcage doesnt need lining until sunday again.

But I guess, thats some consolation, I guess my point was my NDSU buddy in crookston says there was way more info on UND in fargo.. then there is NDSU in Grand Forks area, and I say IGNORE UND altogether...

dam I DO NOT want those A ho.es in my Great West Football Conference!!!!

I won't give to teammakers if that happens!

tcbison
09-01-2006, 06:15 PM
They had an article yesterday morning about how NDSU was nervous they wouldn't be invited to the Mid-Con like IPFW was.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/15402665.htm

Looks like it was written by Jeff Kolpack

Scooter
09-01-2006, 06:26 PM

But I guess, thats some consolation, I guess my point was my NDSU buddy in crookston says there was way more info on UND in fargo.. then there is NDSU in Grand Forks area, and I say IGNORE UND altogether...

dam I DO NOT want those A ho.es *in my Great West Football Conference!!!!

lakesbison: "I won't give to teammakers if that happens!"
Ralph: "Change the nickname, and I pull my money!"

don't be a ralph.

IowaBisonToo
09-01-2006, 06:30 PM

lakesbison: "I won't give to teammakers if that happens!"
Ralph: *"Change the nickname, and I pull my money!"

don't be a ralph.
Exactly! What kind of pull does Teammakers have in who does or does not get into a conference? Why punish your school in spite of another?

lakesbison
09-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Well Im sorry.. I wear my emotions on my sleeve.

My hatred runs too deep... I dont even want then SNIFFING the GWFC!!

Sorry!!

Obviously ill still be an alum and fan of NDSU!

mikelsch
09-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Who gives a rat's ass what the GF paper covers?

IowaBisonToo
09-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Well Im sorry.. I wear my emotions on my sleeve.

My hatred runs too deep... *I dont even want then SNIFFING the GWFC!!

Sorry!!

Obviously ill still be an alum and fan of NDSU!
No need to apologize. It's good to have fans like this. But that doesn't mean you need to make your alma mater suffer because of it. :)

Bisonguy
09-01-2006, 06:48 PM
I saw a print copy of The Herald today (in a vending machine-still lots of copies available), and the Bison logo was on top of the front page, in the "What's inside" section or whatever it's called, with a story about the Mid-Con.

WYOBISONMAN
09-01-2006, 07:41 PM

Good god Lakes, that is silly............ :-?

Hambone
09-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Hey boys, I looked at the online herald this morning around 8, and on the main page in the North Dakota AP headlines it did have the Bison game, as well as USD and Augustana. *I guess it's been replaced since then but i'd like you to know that I saw it on there. *:)

EDIT: *or you can go to news, state and it's listed on there as well right now....

DORMIE
09-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Lakes- Sometimes you have to take a deep breath before you write. Not giving to Teammakers has nothing to do with your feelings for the Pink and Green. Teammaker funds are solely for athletic scholarships for student athletes. I don't think that with your passion for Bison athletics, you would want to deprive a deserving student athlete a scholarship. Sioux Suck, Always Have, Always Will!!!

sambini
09-02-2006, 02:38 AM

Lakes what does that have to do with TeamMakers? TeamMakers helps student athletes.

TheDoctor
09-02-2006, 02:46 AM
Lakes- Sometimes you have to take a deep breath before you write.

WOW! If he takes the advice could you imagine what a great world this would be??? ;) But if history repeats itself, he'll do it again........tomorrow! ;D