PDA

View Full Version : Intentionally lose at ORU?

El_Chapo
02-22-2015, 02:46 AM
I DIDNT REALIZE NDSU PLAYED THURSDAY....MAKING THIS NULL & VOID THREAD)

(It's a message board so this scenario is for entertainment only so don't get all snippy and hear me out)

This option is NULL & VOID if USD beats SDSU then NDSU obviously wants to win the title & nit bid.

HOWEVER. ...If SDSU wins, I propose we throw the game (rest LA KORY at least) therefore ensuring that NDSU gets the #2 and ORU gets #3 and IPFW gets #4 and we AVOID IPFW & let SDSU deal with them & watch Forbes eat up Cody larson!

I do not want to play IPFW again sorry.

NDSU92
02-22-2015, 05:57 PM
(It's a message board so this scenario is for entertainment only so don't get all snippy and hear me out)

This option is NULL & VOID if USD beats SDSU then NDSU obviously wants to win the title & nit bid.

HOWEVER. ...If SDSU wins, I propose we throw the game (rest LA KORY at least) therefore ensuring that NDSU gets the #2 and ORU gets #3 and IPFW gets #4 and we AVOID IPFW & let SDSU deal with them & watch Forbes eat up Cody larson!

Interesting scenario, although I believe we play on thursday and SDSU/USD play on saturday so we'd have no way of knowing.

tjbison
02-22-2015, 06:01 PM
Interesting scenario, although I believe we play on thursday and SDSU/USD play on saturday so we'd have no way of knowing.

your questioning lakes ability to see the future?

KSBisonFan
02-22-2015, 06:03 PM
You lost me at Intentionally lose. Wow. :facepalm:

roadwarrior
02-22-2015, 06:11 PM
I think someone had too much beer yesterday! :facepalm:

StL Bison Fan
02-22-2015, 06:12 PM
I know you said entertainment. And it is indeed interesting.
But, no.

Hail bison
02-22-2015, 06:24 PM

Take your meds. Who thinks about this shit?

HandoEX
02-22-2015, 06:26 PM
"Hey guys, I'm scared to play IPFW in the tournament so go ahead and intentionally lose this game and throw away the regular season title."

Great way to build confidence for the tournament. Jesus, you can be stupid :facepalm:

NDSUstudent
02-22-2015, 06:45 PM
Lakes you do realize that SDSU plays on Saturday and we play on Thursday. Can you predict the future now?

Also you play to win, always. Don't mess with the team's mojo. It seems to not matter who we play, basically every game is a grind anyway. That is just this team's MO.

Elvis was a Bison
02-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Must have slept through Ethics 101? Never saw a Bison slither on his belly like a reptile!

Vet70
02-22-2015, 06:56 PM
I can just imagine Coach in the pre-game meeting---"Okay guys were scared to play IFPW again so we are going to throw the game." :pan:

KSBisonFan
02-22-2015, 07:05 PM
I'm pretty sure we intentionally lost the USD, first IPFW and SDSU games so we could avoid WIU in the tournament. How many games can we throw before the League or NCAA tell us to stop? I think 3 games per season is the maximum.....pretty sure I read that in a rulebook somewhere.

Tatanka
02-22-2015, 07:16 PM
I'm pretty sure we intentionally lost the USD, first IPFW and SDSU games so we could avoid WIU in the tournament. How many games can we throw before the League or NCAA tell us to stop? I think 3 games per season is the maximum.....pretty sure I read that in a rulebook somewhere.

That's at the FCS level, you d2 small timey mouth breather. Another reason to go fbs... Can lose as many games as you want there.

Herd80
02-22-2015, 07:19 PM
I say we all thank Mr Elf for allowing this thread to slither thru, thus being reminded of the ignorance out there. Thank you, I had nearly forgotten

El_Chapo
02-22-2015, 07:40 PM
I screwed up haha

If sdsu already has it locked up, I'd rather let ORU win and get the #3 seed and NOT play IPFW and they will beat SDSU and we can the beat them on Tuesday after they are tires for 3 straight games.

El_Chapo
02-22-2015, 07:43 PM
Ah shoot. I didn't know ndsu game was Thursday.

Well I still want ipfw to be the 3 if we are 1 and the 4 if we are 2

MNLonghorn10
02-22-2015, 07:47 PM

great thread as always, chap. Thinking outside the box to prolong the teams season, I like. I actually think it'll probably play out anyways(without the tanking) that ORU beats NDSU and SDSU beats USD.

RowdyRabbit
02-22-2015, 07:58 PM
I remember a few years ago, TV suggested in jest that SDSU lost a game towards the end of the year to accomplish a similar goal as el chapo mentions here.

Glad to see the reaction here is the (mostly) the same in this case as it was then. Facepalms and wtf's.

BadlandsBison
02-22-2015, 07:58 PM
I'd like to hear the opinion of the "Aw Shucks" crowd

Elvis was a Bison
02-22-2015, 08:33 PM
great thread as always, chap. Thinking outside the box to prolong the teams season, I like. I actually think it'll probably play out anyways(without the tanking) that ORU beats NDSU and SDSU beats USD.

SS-DD. Still a troll with knee pads.......

El_Chapo
02-22-2015, 09:14 PM
Elvis. I can't post live to defend myself but I assure you this wasn't trolling I honestly thought we played sat 7pm so then we would've been in control

So as usual elvis. You are wrong

NDSU1980
02-22-2015, 09:24 PM
Hey bozos are you really this dense?

Sdsu plays at 4pm. Ndsu At 7pm

If sdsu already has it locked up, I'd rather let ORU win and get the #3 seed and NOT play IPFW and they will beat SDSU and we can the beat them on Tuesday after they are tires for 3 straight games.
I think "the elf" needs to tighten up the standards a little bit here. I see you and your suck up buddy are teh only ones who are in favor of this hair brained idea.

Bisonator98
02-22-2015, 09:33 PM
Dumbest thread ever and that's saying something!

BlueBisonRock
02-22-2015, 10:01 PM
Nomination for next year's preposterous statement / thread. Should be a number one seed.

Chapo, did you master time travel and advise the 1919 Black Socks?

Bisonwinagn
02-22-2015, 10:07 PM
Theory is null and void because of the Thursday game. Also the playoffs don't start until Saturday so that's way too much time off to rest anyone and not try their hardest to win.

56BISON73
02-22-2015, 10:11 PM
Just think we found one for the 2015 most preposterous statements contest.

Professor Chaos
02-22-2015, 10:55 PM
I wonder what Herm would have to say...

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/Q1a63LX7_Vw/hqdefault.jpg

I think regardless it's likely to be NDSU/IPFW in the semis. If USD beats SDSU they'd likely end up tied with IPFW for 3rd place and could win the tie breaker depending on how the rest of the games this week shape up leaving SDSU and USD as the 2/3 and NDSU and IPFW as the 1/4. In any case, I'm all for trying to get the top seed in the regular season to guarantee an NIT bid if they can't pull it out in Sioux Falls. With as weak as the RPI is this year there's no way the Bison get selected to the NIT as an at large so it would be another year in the CBI/CIT.

Elvis was a Bison
02-23-2015, 12:07 AM
Elvis. I can't post live to defend myself but I assure you this wasn't trolling I honestly thought we played sat 7pm so then we would've been in control

So as usual elvis. You are wrong

Not even talking about you, fool! You're not a troll with knee pads (that's your lap dog).... just a plain ol' troll!!

HerdBot
02-23-2015, 12:22 AM
This is a high quality thread.

Tatanka
02-23-2015, 12:46 AM
This is a high quality thread.

And Herdbot knows a quality thread when he sees one.

unbison
02-23-2015, 12:55 AM
When there is a thread talking about losing to UND in football I don't know why this is so absurd

coldspot
02-23-2015, 01:03 AM
Just think we found one for the 2015 most preposterous statements contest.

at the rate this month is going, we're going to need an NIT-type preposterous statement tournament this year.

StL Bison Fan
02-23-2015, 01:13 AM
at the rate this month is going, we're going to need an NIT-type preposterous statement tournament this year.

My goal is to never, ever be a contestant in this...

NDSU1980
02-23-2015, 01:19 AM
Dumbest thread ever and that's saying something!
Look who started it and look who chimed in to support it. Those two should be paying royalties to Dumb and Dumber because obviously fit.

ndsubison1
02-23-2015, 01:21 AM
id rather face Oru and have Sdsu deal with Ipfw. Lets beat Oru cuz I have a feeling USD beats the Bunnies.

HerdBot
And Herdbot knows a quality thread when he sees one.

This is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out post.

NDSU1980
I stand corrected, I see Lap Dog number 2 chimed in as well at 7:55. I guess we have Dumb, Dumber, and Dumbest.

Tatanka
02-23-2015, 01:33 AM
Agree 100%.

BYZEN
02-23-2015, 01:34 AM
Seriously:facepalm2:

How about NO:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

MNLonghorn10
02-23-2015, 01:37 AM
When there is a thread talking about losing to UND in football I don't know why this is so absurd

always the same 3 stooges who add no insight to this board too, other than coming out with "troll spray" whenenver Chapo posts, that bitch about his threads and posts.

HerdBot
02-23-2015, 01:38 AM
Agree 100%.

You were supposed to say OVERULED!

Tatanka
02-23-2015, 01:39 AM
you were supposed to say overuled!

overruled.

unbison
02-23-2015, 01:40 AM
always the same 3 stooges who add no insight to this board too, other than coming out with "troll spray" whenenver Chapo posts, that bitch about his threads and posts.

Must be someone I have on ignore

Sent from your moms using Tapatalk

NDSU1980
02-24-2015, 02:32 AM
Here's what happens when you try to intentionally lose a game. Only a complete loser would even think about trying it.

http://news.yahoo.com/2-prep-girls-teams-caught-tanking-banned-postseason-013855332--spt.html

missingnumber7
02-24-2015, 02:50 AM

So Chapo, you and who's the third?

StL Bison Fan
02-24-2015, 02:52 AM

I'm more interested in where to purchase "troll spray". Tell me more.
Does it rid one of trolls or attract them?

Vet70
02-24-2015, 11:01 AM
You might not like where it comes from. :)

MNLonghorn10
02-24-2015, 01:07 PM
Your mom. ..

BYZEN
02-24-2015, 02:05 PM
5489:duel:

I'm more interested in where to purchase "troll spray". Tell me more.
Does it rid one of trolls or attract them?

runtheoption
02-24-2015, 02:16 PM
Your mom. ..I'll take The Rapists for $200, Alex.

MNLonghorn10
02-24-2015, 03:10 PM
I'll take The Rapists for $200, Alex.
That's therapists. ..

ndsubison1
02-24-2015, 06:01 PM
:facepalm: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/02/riverdale-smyrna-tanking-high-school

silkamilkamonico
02-24-2015, 07:19 PM

High school game - terrible - both those coaches should be fired.

bisonfan08
02-24-2015, 08:11 PM

That's ridiculous, all so that they could make it one step closer? Obviously you're going to have to play the best team anyway what's the difference if it's in the semi-finals or championship, unbelievable and yes I agree both coaches should be fired. That's no way to be teaching the game to any level of student athletes.

AKBison
02-25-2015, 02:15 AM
So we're supposed to throw a chance at hanging another Summit league champ banner in the new SHAC so that our players are better rested? The guys have played all year to get to this point, win and your at the minimum co-champs! This is insane.

HoopsBison
02-25-2015, 02:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Sorry Chapo but I read this thread and title and the only thing that comes to mind is a great scene from Billy Madison, you really did yourself on this one...

MNLonghorn10
02-25-2015, 02:46 AM
"Hey guys, I'm scared to play IPFW in the tournament so go ahead and intentionally lose this game and throw away the regular season title."

Great way to build confidence for the tournament. Jesus, you can be stupid :facepalm:
Look at me..Im hando. i shave my head to try and look tough.

derpity derpity derp.

wtf's your suggestion? Chapo is like a father to you and this is how you treat him? I hope he smacks the shit out of you with a tamale in Puerto Vallartas in Sioux Falls in two weeks

aces1180
02-25-2015, 01:27 PM

derpity derpity derp.

wtf's your suggestion? Chapo is like a father to you and this is how you treat him? I hope he smacks the shit out of you with a tamale in Puerto Vallartas in Sioux Falls in two weeks

http://www.troll.me/images/the-trolling-is-strong/the-trolling-is-strong-in-this-one-thumb.jpg

Bison Loaf
02-25-2015, 01:39 PM

derpity derpity derp.

5491 Oh man! A Swedish Chef impression AND............. 5492...... "Hando.....I am your Fatha"! All on one post. Gotta love THAT!

scottietohottie
02-25-2015, 01:45 PM

derpity derpity derp.

wtf's your suggestion? Chapo is like a father to you and this is how you treat him? hope he smacks the shit out of you with a tamale in Puerto Vallartas in Sioux Falls in two weeks

Hey bison loaf you forgot the homosexuality that longhorn always adds. :hide:

MNLonghorn10
02-25-2015, 02:40 PM
Hey bison loaf you forgot the homosexuality that longhorn always adds. :hide:
What the hell are you saying, Melvin?

Tatanka
02-25-2015, 02:54 PM
It would be really, really, really, really, really swell to have a discussion here, even a discussion on what many might call a preposterous topic, without everything devolving into personal attacks involving supposed sexual preference. Especially attacking posters who can't post back, regardless if you feel they deserve it or not. It's kind of sad. Just sayin'.

BisonNation11
02-25-2015, 03:00 PM
It would be really, really, really, really, really swell to have a discussion here, even a discussion on what many might call a preposterous topic, without everything devolving into personal attacks involving supposed sexual preference. Especially attacking posters who can't post back, regardless if you feel they deserve it or not. It's kind of sad. Just sayin'.

Thank you for contributing to the downhill, runaway train derail this thread is heading towards. Your input is appreciated. :biggrin: :offtopic: :biggrin:

Vet70
02-25-2015, 03:29 PM
Thank you for contributing to the downhill, runaway train derail this thread is heading towards. Your input is appreciated. :biggrin: :offtopic: :biggrin:

Heading towards? The train has already derailed. :facepalm2:

Bisonator98
02-25-2015, 03:33 PM
So much for "To be the best you got to beat the best", now it's "To be the best we hope someone else takes out the best for us".:facepalm::facepalm2:

AKBison
02-25-2015, 03:43 PM
Can we Hall of Shame this SOB?

scottietohottie
02-25-2015, 03:46 PM
What the hell are you saying, Melvin?

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/tennessee-girls-basketball-teams-caught-trying-to-fail/.

Answer Guy
02-25-2015, 05:58 PM
without everything devolving into personal attacks involving supposed sexual preference.

Striking a nerve?

scottietohottie
02-25-2015, 06:16 PM
Sorry I was just poking fun at poking fun at mnlonghrn and chapo. Thought someone always said the offensive thing then mnlonghrn replys no you are for typing it. My bad. I should have used purple but didn't because I can't so I used a hide under chair. Going to have to change signature. I am going to throw a big party when I pass elchapo in reputation points but that's not because I don't like him it's because he never once sent me a green chiclet and I sent him plenty how rude.

NDSUstudent
02-25-2015, 06:52 PM
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc313/ciggle/Hall-of-Shame_zpsbbb7109e.jpg

Bisonwinagn
02-27-2015, 02:30 AM
Lakes called it and it may work out exactly as he predicted. Amazing!!

MNLonghorn10
02-27-2015, 02:38 AM
Lakes called it and it may work out exactly as he predicted. Amazing!!

possibly work out better for the long haul, but NDSU needs to do something about it themselves or the seeding wont matter