PDA

View Full Version : Big Ten discussing not allowing true freshman to play

HerdBot
02-20-2015, 03:59 AM
Saw this on espn. I'll post the link. Don't think it effects us much other than the fact that it's another selling point for the FCS. You can play as a true freshman if you earn it.

Don't think it will pass. The other FBS conferences will exploit this.

HerdBot
02-20-2015, 04:00 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/12349646/big-ten-considering-ineligibility-freshmen

56BISON73
02-20-2015, 04:05 AM
They will come up with a lot of excuses. But none are valid. All they really care about is the BB players who are one and done. Thay had this rule once and it sucked then as it will now.

ndsubison1
02-20-2015, 04:14 AM
why why why why why

unbison
02-20-2015, 04:38 AM
People discuss lots of things

acf2
02-20-2015, 03:02 PM
All the top level basketball talent will head to Europe and get paid for a year before heading to the NBA instead of going to college.

homer
02-20-2015, 09:06 PM
Saw this on espn. I'll post the link. Don't think it effects us much other than the fact that it's another selling point for the FCS. You can play as a true freshman if you earn it.

Don't think it will pass. The other FBS conferences will exploit this.

Its being discussed by other conference commissioners as well. It has an effect on FCS if/when scholorship limits get raised to make up for the lack of depth/elgible numbers it will cause. Same with low to mid majors for basketball.

NorthernBison
02-20-2015, 09:35 PM
Its being discussed by other conference commissioners as well. It has an effect on FCS if/when scholorship limits get raised to make up for the lack of depth/elgible numbers it will cause. Same with low to mid majors for basketball.
No kidding. It definitely would affect FCS because it's basically a mandatory redshirt for football and the perfect excuse for the P5 to raise the scholarship limit to stockpile more talent. The B1G would never do this on their own. The fact that it's even being talked about publicly is interesting. I guess we'll see if it gets any traction.