PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for improvements

GOBISON123
02-11-2015, 03:21 AM
I like to see our coaches install some trick plays. During his last two years BV became very good at this and I think will help us during some close games. That jet sweep to Darius Anderson is boring, if you ask me.

Also I like to see Coach K add some muscle on our RBs

Others might have better suggestions.

JSUBison
02-11-2015, 03:32 AM
I like to see our coaches install some trick plays. During his last two years BV became very good at this and I think will help us during some close games. That jet sweep to Darius Anderson is boring, if you ask me.

Also I like to see Coach K add some muscle on our RBs
Others might have better suggestions.

I always thought not having Billy Turner take at least one snap out of shotgun will go down as one of the biggest missed opportunities. I guess since that team went undefeated and practically unchallenged it wasn't needed, but still a Billy Turner 73 yard touchdown pass to Vraa would seriously contend with the Brock sneak as greatest play evah in my eyes.

GOBISON123
02-11-2015, 03:50 AM
I always thought not having Billy Turner take at least one snap out of shotgun will go down as one of the biggest missed opportunities. I guess since that team went undefeated and practically unchallenged it wasn't needed, but still a Billy Turner 73 yard touchdown pass to Vraa would seriously contend with the Brock sneak as greatest play evah in my eyes.

I remember some talk about Billy Turner having the best in the team, I agree it would be awesome if Big 77 threw a big TD pass to Vraa.

gizmo
02-11-2015, 02:10 PM
Run right. Run left. Run up the middle. Beat the hell out of everybody we play. One for the thumb!

Bison03
02-11-2015, 02:18 PM

I thoght there was a play last year that was a hook and ladder from Vraa to Turner. It was inside the 10 yard line and the initial pass was dropped but it looked like Billy was ready to get the lateral and score. I think the roof would have come off the dome if that would have happened. Then again, it may have just been a busted play. As far as trick plays being ran in general. I've always felt that we don't need to resort to trick plays to move the ball. Throw one in once in a while and that's fine; but I think the offense moves the ball just fine.

tolnabison
02-11-2015, 02:42 PM
If it isn't broke, why fix it?

skolbrother
02-11-2015, 02:51 PM
More cowbell

bisonaudit
02-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Less kicking.

NodakBizon
02-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Tell the dome to get better video boards and upgrade the 19in zenith's they have in the concourse. What? We're not talking about Fargodome improvements?

Jay
02-11-2015, 03:39 PM
Thread topics.

EC8CH
02-11-2015, 04:05 PM
More Timmerman

Green1
02-11-2015, 05:04 PM
More Proseed segments.

KSBisonFan
02-11-2015, 05:37 PM
Fewer Vernon Adams threads

More posts in the Demotivational thread.

17>1
02-11-2015, 06:05 PM
Change the over/under for Lakes and his allowed posts to go thru to between -1% and -25%.

I'd like to encourage Road to improve/increase his Bison football game attendance, because not even he's as big a fan as Dad and I.

Improve posters with green glasses on to identify obvious purple...without actually having to see purple.

Bison Loaf
02-11-2015, 06:17 PM
More pom-poms.

And not those little dinky ones, either. The big, luscious, jiggly ones that put a smile on everyone's face when they are shaken for all to see.

gumby013
02-11-2015, 06:19 PM
Better fireworks in the dome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiJhGcylZxc

bisonaudit
02-11-2015, 06:19 PM
More pom-poms.

And not those little dinky ones, either. The big, luscious, jiggly ones that put a smile on everyone's face when they are shaken for all to see.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/Richmond_Cheer_Squad_Rd_21_2006_closeup.jpg

bisonaudit
02-11-2015, 06:21 PM
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/453671994-magpies-fan-drags-out-a-pair-of-floggers-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QV8QGA%2BaQjSpgJm1OPrXb3Sn1v GbWqP%2B1v7wtGF9AkLw

KSBisonFan
02-11-2015, 06:22 PM
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/453671994-magpies-fan-drags-out-a-pair-of-floggers-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QV8QGA%2BaQjSpgJm1OPrXb3Sn1v GbWqP%2B1v7wtGF9AkLw

Fewer fails :biggrin:

gumby013
02-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Midnight Games.

Bison Loaf
02-11-2015, 06:26 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/Richmond_Cheer_Squad_Rd_21_2006_closeup.jpg

Close. But not exactly the kind I was dreaming.......er, thinking about.

THEsocalledfan
02-11-2015, 06:43 PM
Less TV time for Tatanka.....

runtheoption
02-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Full cost of living allowance for Bisonville members.

BlueBisonRock
02-11-2015, 07:13 PM
Full cost of living allowance for Bisonville members.

Better keep that benefit for the top 5 in rep.

tjamz
02-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Better keep that benefit for the top 5 in rep.
First page would be more equitable and more stable.

BlueBisonRock
02-11-2015, 07:22 PM

Depends on how you set your page presentation....

tjamz
02-11-2015, 07:40 PM
I meant by top amounts of rep. I get the first 5 are the top guys, but everyone on the 2 deep roster (first page) should get fcoa. They help too!

KSBisonFan
02-11-2015, 07:53 PM
I meant by top amounts of rep. I get the first 5 are the top guys, but everyone on the 2 deep roster (first page) should get fcoa. They help too!

Answer Guy doesn't contribute anything of value.

runtheoption
02-11-2015, 08:24 PM

I meant by top amounts of rep. I get the first 5 are the top guys, but everyone on the 2 deep roster (first page) should get fcoa. They help too!I believe proportionality would work better. The higher the proportion of a member's posts that make others say "What a moran...looser!", the better it works out for everyone. It's not the lazy way, or the easiest way, but the most fair way (what's a henway?).

I believe I would have the lead here.

BlueBisonRock
02-11-2015, 08:25 PM

Twenty five or forty per page? Or should the cut be set at just before KSBisonfan?

StL Bison Fan
02-11-2015, 08:33 PM
24 hour tailgate

runtheoption
02-11-2015, 08:37 PM
24 hour tailgate
Now this is hope and change we can all believe in!

24 hours in a day, 24 fingers & toes, 17 cases of beer. Coincidence?

gumby013
02-11-2015, 08:41 PM
neverending tailgate

fify......

td577
02-12-2015, 01:11 AM
I am all for the never ending tailgating.

I also think we can way past 6 times calling the exact same play in a row with no huddle. In fact, I say on 9/19 we run the same play the entire game with a no huddle offense. 60 times or so of a HB dive. Not only that, put the play call on the jumbotrons. Tell them we are running the HB Dive, in case they haven't figured out a trend. It would be the single most demoralizing game of all time for our opponent. We should also introduce an all black alternative uniform for that game. A Bison Black Ops uniform with a shadow Bison on the black helmet. The BISON on the jersey and the numbers can be green. The game can be a black out. Scheels will make a killing so they can sponsor the game.

StL Bison Fan
02-12-2015, 01:23 AM
I am all for the never ending tailgating.

I also think we can way past 6 times calling the exact same play in a row with no huddle. In fact, I say on 9/19 we run the same play the entire game with a no huddle offense. 60 times or so of a HB dive. Not only that, put the play call on the jumbotrons. Tell them we are running the HB Dive, in case they haven't figured out a trend. It would be the single most demoralizing game of all time for our opponent. We should also introduce an all black alternative uniform for that game. A Bison Black Ops uniform with a shadow Bison on the black helmet. The BISON on the jersey and the numbers can be green. The game can be a black out. Scheels will make a killing so they can sponsor the game.
I'm in for this.

17>1
02-12-2015, 02:06 AM
I'm in for this.

As am I. Matte finish helmet though would make this 10x better.

tjamz
02-12-2015, 02:51 AM
As am I. Matte finish helmet though would make this 10x better.

Carbon Kevlar helmet in carbon (flat blackish) and yellow and green Kevlar woven in. Ultra lightweight, super strong.... what's not to love?

Mr Meaty
02-12-2015, 02:54 AM
I'm in for this.

td577
02-12-2015, 03:23 AM
Get the helmets for the game and afterwards auction them off. Have marketing or teammakers float the bill until the auction. New helmets are something like 3-400 a piece. I think they could average 500 per in an auction and there is an extra 10-20k. Keep pants for practice and auction off the jerseys, as well. Another 10-20k off jerseys. Make scheels donate an extra dollar for each black out t-shirt. Another 15k on top of logo royalties. Cost of attendance covered for 1/3 the team and no one had to do much other than push black ops. Now add my no huddle HB dive only offense and we have a game that will never be forgotten.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

GOBISON123
02-12-2015, 03:28 AM
If it isn't broke, why fix it?

Throwing three passes in a row to #16 during the last minute of the championship game...I think we were lucky....

bisonridge
02-12-2015, 03:42 AM
I'm in for the "Black Out" Where do I sign?

BisonFan02
02-12-2015, 03:54 AM
Turn the music up to 11 and fix the blown speaker by section 6. I wanna Rawk!

StL Bison Fan
02-12-2015, 04:04 AM
I would like chrome on the face shield portion.
Also, louder music, less cookie

Vet70
02-12-2015, 07:50 AM
I'm in for the "Black Out" Where do I sign?

West parking lot?

tjamz
02-12-2015, 12:38 PM
My only problem with a "Black Out" is that UN_ already has tried this.

Herd12
02-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Black isn't a school color. It's why you don't even see the stuff from Nike that the players and coaches wear in black. Ever. Not even jackets they're always Nike's "Anthracite" color. I know for sure under Gene Taylor's administration black would never be officially used on a team uniform and I don't anticipate it being anything this one would be interested either. The use of black on uniforms is an important distinction between the losers up north and the standard bearers in Fargo.

StL Bison Fan
02-12-2015, 02:03 PM
This thread has been fun, but I'm really serious in this statement:
I do not want to EVER see those Laffy taffy green striped shirts again!
YUK

KSBisonFan
02-12-2015, 04:23 PM
Twenty five or forty per page? Or should the cut be set at just before KSBisonfan?

Yes ^^^. Also, check neg rep....

17>1
02-12-2015, 05:44 PM
Black isn't a school color. It's why you don't even see the stuff from Nike that the players and coaches wear in black. Ever. Not even jackets they're always Nike's "Anthracite" color. I know for sure under Gene Taylor's administration black would never be officially used on a team uniform and I don't anticipate it being anything this one would be interested either. The use of black on uniforms is an important distinction between the losers up north and the standard bearers in Fargo.

Check post #14....and your neg rep.

MrSnuffleupagus
02-12-2015, 06:05 PM
Id like to see improvements to our script for voting.

I have been voting everyday for hours, and BYU is still winning. This is bullshit.

bison94
02-13-2015, 04:05 AM
Those 19 inch Zeniths are the only place I've seen a fuzzy tv image in the last 15 years. how is that even still possible?

Tell the dome to get better video boards and upgrade the 19in zenith's they have in the concourse. What? We're not talking about Fargodome improvements?

bisonhp330
02-14-2015, 08:15 PM
Throwing three passes in a row to #16 during the last minute of the championship game...I think we were lucky....

So if we would have run different plays.....would we would have won TWO natty's out of that game?

Seriously- sounds like strateeegy: throw to him 25 times in a row if he isn't covered or is open. Point of the game is to W-I-N. Not entertain the crowd and look pretty. Plain old Vanilla is the #1 flavor of ice cream...besides. Read your own signature.

Vet70
02-14-2015, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE=GOBISON123;983446]Throwing three passes in a row to #16 during the last minute of the championship game...I think we were lucky....

They say that it is better to be lucky than good. We may have had some luck, but there is no doubt in my mind that Wentz, RJ and company are very good. I'll take it either way, but at the very least Stouffer had it right.

Bison Loaf
02-14-2015, 11:44 PM
Hmmm. How can the Herd improve? Hmmm. Let me see.

Well…..had we not crapped the bed in three games, we could have been a perfect 61-0 instead of the hugely, disappointing 58-3 that we ended up being the last 4 years. Doing THAT would have given the Herd the all-time winning streak record in college football and the first program to have a standing, permanent week of hosting ESPN's GameDay each year (sorry, my source on that is not available at this time).

So, yeah, our guys really screwed the pooch on that one. My damn Teamakers fee better be going down after having to live through that disgraceful showing!

(This post brought to you by the makers of the new "wild-ass purple" Crayola Crayon - "The official color of Bisonville")

Vet70
02-15-2015, 12:29 AM
Hmmm. How can the Herd improve? Hmmm. Let me see.

Well…..had we not crapped the bed in three games, we could have been a perfect 61-0 instead of the hugely, disappointing 58-3 that we ended up being the last 4 years. Doing THAT would have given the Herd the all-time winning streak record in college football and the first program to have a standing, permanent week of hosting ESPN's GameDay each year (sorry, my source on that is not available at this time).

So, yeah, our guys really screwed the pooch on that one. My damn Teamakers fee better be going down after having to live through that disgraceful showing!

(This post brought to you by the makers of the new "wild-ass purple" Crayola Crayon - "The official color of Bisonville")

Good analysis, but I think that you left out a few things. On defense we let our opponents gain yardage both passing and running which led to their scoring 14 points a game. The offense was so-so, but the margin of victory could have been better in every game. There were also teams that we didn't put away until after the first quarter. All phases of our game are responsible. Based on these and other factors I don't see how we can possibly win even one game next year.

Bison Loaf
02-15-2015, 02:54 AM
Good analysis, but I think that you left out a few things. On defense we let our opponents gain yardage both passing and running which led to their scoring 14 points a game. The offense was so-so, but the margin of victory could have been better in every game. There were also teams that we didn't put away until after the first quarter. All phases of our game are responsible. Based on these and other factors I don't see how we can possibly win even one game next year.

Tough love it is! Thanks, man! I can't believe I forgot that stuff. I better take off my green and gold shaded glasses and start being totally honest with myself about how shitty we are.