PDA

View Full Version : 2/7 vs South Dakota

HoopsBison
02-06-2015, 02:32 AM
Figured start a clean new thread for the upcoming South Dakota game on Saturday at 2pm! Would be awesome to get a nice size crowd there this weekend. Tonight's game the crowd was pretty bad, figured more would come out. Anyways the Bison took sole possession of first place with the SDSU loss. USD defeated WIU tonight at the Dakota Dump and is sitting in 5th place in the league right at .500.

I really think were going to come out and thump the Yotes, hope my gut feeling is correct. Have to keep protecting home court because we have three very tough road games left on the schedule.

Go Bison! Get to Scheels Arena on Saturday!

NDSU1980
02-06-2015, 02:54 AM
Figured start a clean new thread for the upcoming South Dakota game on Saturday at 2pm! Would be awesome to get a nice size crowd there this weekend. Tonight's game the crowd was pretty bad, figured more would come out. Anyways the Bison took sole possession of first place with the SDSU loss. USD defeated WIU tonight and the Dakota Dump and is sitting in 5th place in the league right at .500.

I really think were going to come out and thump the Yotes, hope my gut feeling is correct. Have to keep protecting home court because we have three very tough roads left on the schedule.

Go Bison! Get to Scheels Arena on Saturday!
I thought we'd blow the yotes away last time we played and didn't. Sure hope we do this time, need to win at home and the team seems to find a way to get it done.

HoopsBison
02-06-2015, 02:59 AM
I thought we'd blow the yotes away last time we played and didn't. Sure hope we do this time, need to win at home and the team seems to find a way to get it done.

Road games are tough and LA was no where near 100% that night. I have a feeling the boys want to get back at the Yotes for that loss.

Mr Meaty
02-06-2015, 12:59 PM
6 conference games remain with 3 at home and 3 on the road. Go 4-2 in this stretch with 2 of those win @ SDSU and @ Oral Roberts we are the #1 seed. SDSU would need to go 5-0 and Oral Roberts would need to go 6-1 ( they cant if we beat them) to tie us in the standing. Unless the conference schedule is unbalance SDSU has only 5 games and Oral Roberts has 7 games remaining. Protect home floor vs USD first this weekend.

Herd12
02-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Game starts slow. SD Bison reminds us sky is falling. Game is close at half. NDSU win appears clear with about 3 minutes to go. SD Bison stops posting. NDSU hangs on. Everyone talks about how impressive this is from this young of a team. Great win.

There. Now you don't even have to watch it.

Bison03
02-06-2015, 02:57 PM
Payback for losing in the Dakota Dump will motivate the team. But I think that the mentality that Richman always says about this being a big game because it's the next game it important. I also think that these guys take pride in the home winning streak. It would be pretty sweet to match the football team and both have 23 game home winning streaks. Saturday afternoon game, team is playing well; I hope there is a big crowd.

bisonfan08
02-06-2015, 06:55 PM
Game starts slow. SD Bison reminds us sky is falling. Game is close at half. NDSU win appears clear with about 3 minutes to go. SD Bison stops posting. NDSU hangs on. Everyone talks about how impressive this is from this young of a team. Great win.

There. Now you don't even have to watch it.

Unfortunately that is incredibly accurate. I however will be in +3 for this Saturday afternoon game and am very excited about it.

ndsubison1
02-06-2015, 07:48 PM
In plus 2...

Herd12
02-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Yeah all that said, in+1 and hoping to make it +3 before game time.

1998braves64
02-07-2015, 01:33 AM
In +2
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

thundarsdaddy
02-07-2015, 01:46 AM
in +3

See you on the rail

17>1
02-07-2015, 01:41 PM
In +1....you guessed it, Dad and I.

My first basketball game of the season. Please provide any information or suggestions on when the appropriate time is for me to stand, sit down, cheer, boo, start the wave, shake my Pom Pon, yell "That's another Bison FIELD GOAL whooooooooooaaaaaa CHANGE THAT SCORE!!" Thanks in advance.

Also, can I make any noise when the Bison have the ball, or does LA bring it up court waving his arms down telling the crowd to be quiet?

Green1
02-07-2015, 02:05 PM
Wait, wait, wait....

There is going to be Pom pons there??!!

I am SO IN!

^^^^+ 2

Loud and Proud Bison fan
02-07-2015, 02:48 PM
I feel honored, my first basketball game (since I was a little tike... many moons agao) and there are pom poms today! Tis the luckiest day of my life!

Dad and I will be there! Is the bar open up top during these games?

SDbison
02-07-2015, 02:55 PM

There. Now you don't even have to watch it. No I just try to keep the delusional homer basketball fans here in check. My expectations for this year was a .500 team and results to date as far as record goes are surprising. I still think this team has a long way to go and some of the success has to do with lack of standout teams in Summit. The last 6 games will show where this team really stands.

ndsubison1
02-07-2015, 03:25 PM
I feel honored, my first basketball game (since I was a little tike... many moons agao) and there are pom poms today! Tis the luckiest day of my life!

Dad and I will be there! Is the bar open up top during these games?

yes. Ten char

HoopsBison
02-07-2015, 04:54 PM
Ill be there! Time to beat those Yotes!

Bison"FANatic"
02-07-2015, 05:02 PM
No I just try to keep the delusional homer basketball fans here in check. My expectations for this year was a .500 team and results to date as far as record goes are surprising. I still think this team has a long way to go and some of the success has to do with lack of standout teams in Summit. The last 6 games will show where this team really stands.

Why would you discount the other 10 conference games????? Did they not count towards standings or do just the toughest road trips of the year count?

NDSU92
02-07-2015, 06:02 PM
Anyone know of any free streams on the game? I see IUPUI SDSU game is on firstrow, any chance our game gets a link posted before tip?

SDbison
02-07-2015, 06:10 PM
Why would you discount the other 10 conference games????? Did they not count towards standings or do just the toughest road trips of the year count? Way too may late game wins at home. Roll that dice too many times and you know some losses are coming.

unbison
02-07-2015, 06:12 PM
Way too may late game wins at home. Roll that dice too many times and you know some losses are coming.

Or it could be this team just knows how to win???

MNLonghorn10
02-07-2015, 06:43 PM
what channel is metv on midco? Is it 166 but that says omaha @ denver

BisonFan02
02-07-2015, 07:03 PM
what channel is metv on midco? Is it 166 but that says omaha @ denver

I think I get it on 595 via midco.

MNLonghorn10
02-07-2015, 07:04 PM
eh its 166. your channel line up is different than mine. 595 doesnt even exist

coldspot
02-07-2015, 07:14 PM
Way too may late game wins at home. Roll that dice too many times and you know some losses are coming.
Let me know when they add a "barely won" or "late win" column to the standings.

Bison03
02-07-2015, 07:23 PM
LA with all 12 points. Need to get it going though. 12-7. 10:22 left

SDbison
02-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Let me know when they add a "barely won" or "late win" column to the standings. Chill out and quit reading into everything. This team is not as good as you think and can't keep winning ugly. That won't help them in the Summit championship.

SDbison
02-07-2015, 07:26 PM
LA with all 12 points. Need to get it going though. 12-7. 10:22 left Where is the rest of the TEAM?

Gully
02-07-2015, 07:35 PM
SD, you were pretty negative on the team last year and I'm pretty sure they won a game in the NCAA tournament and were competitive in the next game.

This team will likely not win the summit tourney this year, but they've already surpassed expectations. I'm enjoying watching this team develop. This is supposed to be fun right?

HoopsBison
02-07-2015, 07:35 PM
Playing solid defense, miller starting to heat up.

NDSU92
02-07-2015, 07:36 PM
Where is the rest of the TEAM?

They've been reading everybody's positive comments on BV and have gotten complacent.

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2015, 07:42 PM
SD, you were pretty negative on the team last year and I'm pretty sure they won a game in the NCAA tournament and were competitive in the next game.

This team will likely not win the summit tourney this year, but they've already surpassed expectations. I'm enjoying watching this team develop. This is supposed to be fun right?

He was one poster who assured the basketball know it alls that when ndsu lost in the conference tournament early the team would finally be exposed for the frauds they were.

HoopsBison
02-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Awesome first half!

BisonHorns
02-07-2015, 07:43 PM
How many 3's were made?

SDbison
02-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Now, that was a great half of basketball by the Bison.

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2015, 07:47 PM
Chill out and quit reading into everything. This team is not as good as you think and can't keep winning ugly. That won't help them in the Summit championship.

This is kind of the ironic thing about this post - nobody this this team is even close to being good, there happy with a young team that has found ways to win games.

SDbison
02-07-2015, 07:47 PM
He was one poster who assured the basketball know it alls that when ndsu lost in the conference tournament early the team would finally be exposed for the frauds they were. Hey silkafuckmedo, when you post that kind of shit back it up with the actual quotes.

SDbison
02-07-2015, 07:49 PM
This is kind of the ironic thing about this post - nobody this this team is even close to being good, there happy with a young team that has found ways to win games. Wow you are a master with the English language!

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Hey silkafuckmedo, when you post that kind of shit back it up with the actual quotes.

That's gross SDBison, and can you please remind us all again how this team just won't even finish .500 again...

SDbison
02-07-2015, 07:50 PM
They've been reading everybody's positive comments on BV and have gotten complacent. Good one......but really.........

SDbison
02-07-2015, 07:52 PM
That's gross SDBison, and can you please remind us all again how this team just won't even finish .500 again... Are you a little girl or what........go cry to daddy.

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2015, 07:54 PM
Wow you are a master with the English language!

At least we both agree that you don't understand the difference between fans being happy with winning close games and others thinking the team is going to go to the sweet 16.

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2015, 07:54 PM
Are you a little girl or what........go cry to daddy.

lol Great one. Let's get away from the subject because your theories on college basketball are all wrong.

SDbison
02-07-2015, 07:57 PM
I thought this was a game thread.......8 bisonville basketball know it alls......you should focus on the good and bad in the game instead of attacking me.

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2015, 07:59 PM
I thought this was a game thread.......8 bisonville basketball know it alls......you should focus on the good and bad in the game instead of attacking me.

"Everyone please quit attacking me as I throw out personal insults that have nothing to do with college basketball directed at other posters" - SDBison

Bison03
02-07-2015, 08:00 PM
3's are raining!! Bison up 41-24

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2015, 08:02 PM
Jacobson is just outstanding all around game. There isn't one thing he doesn't do well. The thought of having him for another 3+ years is amazing.

HoopsBison
02-07-2015, 08:05 PM
LA is just too good, such a joy to watch him play.

MNLonghorn10
02-07-2015, 08:05 PM
Not sure why SDs getting attacked after he complimented them? he has a fair theory in that he believes unless NDSU starts playing like a first place team in the conference, the record is misleading to how good the team actually is.

yea most of us didn't think theyd be in first this far into the season, but now that they are...they need to quit with the close BS and play some complete games now that we know what kind of league the summit is this year.

Or else lose in rd 1 in the summit then be let down because you thought NDSU was so great because of their record. I find nothing wrong with what he's saying.

Bison look good today.

Please dont attack me.

Gully
02-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Not sure why SDs getting attacked after he complimented them? he has a fair theory in that he believes unless NDSU starts playing like a first place team in the conference, the record is misleading to how good the team actually is.

yea most of us didn't think theyd be in first this far into the season, but now that they are...they need to quit with the close BS and play some complete games now that we know what kind of league the summit is this year.

Or else lose in rd 1 in the summit then be let down because you thought NDSU was so great because of their record. I find nothing wrong with what he's saying.

Bison look good today.

Please dont attack me.

I hate you, you worthless ahole <purple>

SDbison
02-07-2015, 08:12 PM
There is reason Bison Men's Basketball thread never goes over 50 viewing..........thanks to the intolerance of 8 posters here (you know who you are) that resort immediately to personal attacks. By the way.......you dish it out first you get it back. Great game by Bison today......finally!

Gully
02-07-2015, 08:13 PM
They are playing out of their minds today. I hope Dave plays some of those bench players that don't usually get in. There is a tough stretch of road games ahead so any minutes they can save for LA, etc. will help.

1998braves64
02-07-2015, 08:16 PM
53-31 10 mins

NDSU
02-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Score update?

*nevermind :)

Gully
02-07-2015, 08:18 PM
55-31 under 10 mins left

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2015, 08:23 PM
About to win 23 in a row at home. Program is in a great place right now. To think that this is a skeleton team as well. If there's ever been a shoe in for coach of the year it's this year with Richman.

Bison03
02-07-2015, 08:25 PM
LA is player of the year. Has to be. Has 25 so far. We have made 13 threes!!

Gully
02-07-2015, 08:27 PM
8 threes for LA, NDSU record!

NDSUstudent
02-07-2015, 08:29 PM
Throw it down big fella!

Sent from my A0001

SDbison
02-07-2015, 08:30 PM
8 threes for LA, NDSU record! Congrats to LA........excellent overall game too.......31 total points so far!

HoopsBison
02-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Okay this is fun. Excellent game!

Gully
02-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Boy was I wrong about Dexter Werner. He has become quite the player at the mid-major level. Fan favorite on top of that.

NDSU92
02-07-2015, 08:32 PM
Holy Werner's dunk sounded like a gunshot on the radio. Must've been a big one?

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2015, 08:32 PM
Boy was I wrong about Dexter Werner. He has become quite the player at the mid-major level. Fan favorite on top of that.

Yea I have never been more wrong about an individual player ever. That kid can play on my team anyday.

NDSUBowler
02-07-2015, 08:33 PM
Dex and Dupree with b2b huge jams. So much fun

HoopsBison
02-07-2015, 08:34 PM
The defense has been outstanding today, holding a team to 36 points with under 4 to go is pretty sick.

Bison03
02-07-2015, 08:34 PM
School record 8 threes for LA. He has only missed 2 shots today

Gully
02-07-2015, 08:35 PM
The defense has been outstanding today, holding a team to 36 points with under 4 to go is pretty sick.

Good point, the 3s will get all the press, but the defense will be more important in Sioux Falls.

1998braves64
02-07-2015, 08:35 PM
Holy Werner's dunk sounded like a gunshot on the radio. Must've been a big one?

barely caught the rim so it snapped up pretty hard. Still impressive with pretty hard foul.

1998braves64
02-07-2015, 08:39 PM
LA just about had #9. Bench substitution.

unbison
02-07-2015, 09:10 PM

I'm with you in this!

HandoEX
02-07-2015, 09:14 PM
"Everyone please quit attacking me as I throw out personal insults that have nothing to do with college basketball directed at other posters" - SDBison

LMAO! This is golden!!!

Bison"FANatic"
02-07-2015, 09:16 PM
The thing with Dex is he seemed to play timid and with the ball low at the beginning of the year. Not anymore !!!!!! man is he fun to watch.

NDSUstudent
02-07-2015, 09:25 PM
Great win and it was fun to watch. When LA plays like that this team is tough to beat, defense was fantastic as well.

Back to the grind this week, two very tough road games. Hoping we can carry this momentum into Denver.

roadwarrior
02-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Saturday afternoon. Big crowd. Absolutely a blast to watch. We almost held them to a point per minute.

tjamz
02-07-2015, 10:26 PM
Took my 8 year old son to his first ever Bison basketball game and we had a good time. The whole time he was trying to keep up with how many points we'd need to score to have twice as many as them. It kept him entertained AND gave me the chance to have him figure out math in his head w/o all the Common Core bullshit that they are teaching in schools these days.

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2015, 10:28 PM
Richman has been here, what, 8 years? NDSU's defense uder Saul was stellar. At the beginning of the year I was with SDBison on this one. This team just wasn't very good, or so I thought. Their defense was terrible. They had no inside presence. They had a coach who I thought had no business as a head coach in D1 for his first gig. They got destroyed by an overated Texas team and an average Big 10 team in Iowa. They got blown by Montana and I was already looking forward to next year. Then they go and throttle a UND team that the basketball haters here told me were going to beat us bad and I believed them. Since then they have gone 13-3, lead the Summit over halfway through the season, found a manchild inside in Dexter Werner, have the best defense in the conference, and have an RPI of 161. That's not bad for a team some people keep claiming as "not very good".

Richman continues to impress me with everything from his X's and O's to things he's doing in practice that carry over from game to game. Could not be more happy with the hire, and if he doesn't win COY for the Summit it will be the "single biggest travesty in the history of western civilization" (Bill Walton).

HerdBoy
02-07-2015, 10:42 PM
Great game. LA was lights out. I think after the 3rd or 4th three pointer he smiled and shook his head like he knew he was in the Zone.

Bisonwinagn
02-07-2015, 10:53 PM
Is anyone able to comment on the bench players. I see only 2 players good enough to get playing time even in a 20 point game. It doesn't look like they are redshirting or injured so it seems shocking that none of them are good enough to play even 5 minutes...thoughts?

bruinbison
02-07-2015, 10:54 PM
Great game. LA was lights out. I think after the 3rd or 4th three pointer he smiled and shook his head like he knew he was in the Zone.

Yes, loved that smile, he did it several times during that stretch. The smile I missed was Coach Smith's from South Dakota.
Da Bison pointed out to me that Coach Smith was smiling after LA kept making shots as in
"How can you beat NDSU when they are playing like that". Good thing for me that Mrs DaBison had continuing ed today.....:)
Our one tiny, tiny complaint was the lack of bench time in the 2nd half. With a 20-30 point lead, we could have had fun watching the young'uns earlier. LA was still in with 3 minutes to go (and less).

Bisonator98
02-07-2015, 10:58 PM
Wow great game by LA today. Fun to listen to Scotty on the radio. There were a record number of "my oh my's"! Nice to get the sweep at home.

HoopsBison
02-07-2015, 11:07 PM
Is anyone able to comment on the bench players. I see only 2 players good enough to get playing time even in a 20 point game. It doesn't look like they are redshirting or injured so it seems shocking that none of them are good enough to play even 5 minutes...thoughts?

I think Wesenberg and Showalter will both be good players going forward for the Bison. In a perfect world they would have both benefited from a red-shirt year but with the roster turnover and the depth of the team of the team they were unable to do so. Ishola is a walk on who is capable of giving a few mins when foul trouble occurs. Certainly Dave and the coaching staff has identified a 7 man rotation and are riding that. With how well they were playing today and the big road week coming up I am guessing they wanted to get some momentum going with that unit.

No doubt we are a thin team this year, a lot of guys on the bench are either red-shirting, walk-on's, or true freshman with little to no playing experience.

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2015, 11:08 PM

I have no inside knowledge and am completely speculating, I think I heard that Showalter did not want to redshirt and Wesenberg is on a plan where he is playing this year (depth I would assume) and then will redshirt next year. With the lack of depth I would think some of the players have to be available to play in case of injury or foul trouble or just hopefuly development, but yet I don't think I have ever seen a college team that had as little depth as we do this year. Graduating 5 outstanding players at the same time of losing 2 other younger players who should have experience to injuries have really hurt the depth significantly.

North Side
02-07-2015, 11:50 PM
No one care argue that LA is the best player in the Summit. Biggest road trip of the season next!

HerdBoy
02-07-2015, 11:59 PM
LA is the best player in the Summit. Totally agree.

DIBISON
02-08-2015, 12:23 AM
Maybe they are not good enough to play at this time! After all, the bench is all freshman. Richman won't put them out there if they are not ready, even if not redshirted. I'm pretty sure they will all be plenty "good" enough after a year in the system.

Yes, LA is the best player in the Summit, hands down. And the fact that he is the PG cements that fact.

Bisonator98
02-08-2015, 01:03 AM
Maybe they are not good enough to play at this time! After all, the bench is all freshman. Richman won't put them out there if they are not ready, even if not redshirted. I'm pretty sure they will all be plenty "good" enough after a year in the system.

Yes, LA is the best player in the Summit, hands down. And the fact that he is the PG cements that fact.

I would think a 20 point lead with 5 minutes left would be a perfect time to get the newbies some playing time. I understand why the ones who are redshirting weren't played but there wasnt much sense keeping the others on the bench. Can't get experience riding the pine. But that's why Dave's the coach and I'm just a armchair coach.:)

westnodak93bison
02-08-2015, 01:18 AM
Saturday afternoon. Big crowd. Absolutely a blast to watch. We almost held them to a point per minute.
Yes it was fun to watch. Even on meTV blurry vision

17>1
02-08-2015, 02:15 AM
Had a great time at the game today. Couldn't have watched a better performance by the Bison. LA couldn't miss. That dunk and1 by Dex got me pretty jacked up. AJ is pretty silky and fun to watch. Paul Miller is a great shooter as well. My dad made the comment to me that Kading never shoots the ball, and I just replied that I don't think he has to. We also discussed heading down to Sioux Falls in a couple of weeks, which would be my first Summit League Tourney appearance, and I think it would be a lot of fun. Go Bison!!

westnodak93bison
02-08-2015, 02:29 AM
Kading had several outside shots against Omaha. We could cause trouble if we can get everyone hitting from outside at the same time while still being aggressive going to the hoop.

unbison
02-08-2015, 02:33 AM
Kading had several outside shots against Omaha. We could cause trouble if we can get everyone hitting from outside at the same time while still being aggressive going to the hoop.

Could be a very scary team if get hot in March... That's the four guard Cinderella story

westnodak93bison
02-08-2015, 02:37 AM
Could be a very scary team if get hot in March... That's the four guard Cinderella story
I can't speak for him but I think this is exactly what SD had been hinting at. Need everyone contributing.

unbison
02-08-2015, 02:38 AM
Everyone is contributing
Was a 100% team win in Thursday the day of the implosion

Sent from your moms using Tapatalk

NDSUstudent
02-08-2015, 03:44 AM
I am just happy Kading is dabbling in some mid-range jumpers. Forever it seemed like he would shoot threes or nothing, I remember Lucas Moorman. The guy had a limited low post game on offense but he could knock down some jumpers occasionally. That was enough for that team and really that is all we need from Kading. Just enough to keep the defense honest so they don't pack it in, which Omaha was doing for a lot of that game.

HoopsBison
02-08-2015, 06:25 AM
Had a great time at the game today. Couldn't have watched a better performance by the Bison. LA couldn't miss. That dunk and1 by Dex got me pretty jacked up. AJ is pretty silky and fun to watch. Paul Miller is a great shooter as well. My dad made the comment to me that Kading never shoots the ball, and I just replied that I don't think he has to. We also discussed heading down to Sioux Falls in a couple of weeks, which would be my first Summit League Tourney appearance, and I think it would be a lot of fun. Go Bison!!

Highly recommend going, the tournament is super fun!

NDSU92
02-08-2015, 01:56 PM
Highly recommend going, the tournament is super fun!

Seriously, went to the Summit tournament last year for the first time. Can't have more fun on a Tuesday night than that. Wish more people would go, it's a blast.

unbison
02-08-2015, 02:39 PM
I've been to the summit tourney quite a few years and love it

marenlee
02-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Can't forget about the palace the tournament will be playing in starting this year. People won't have the excuse of bunny fans buying up all the tickets. Just go!

ndsubison1
02-08-2015, 05:47 PM
the defense gives other teams fits. hands everywhere and we do a great job keeping ppl in front. everybody seems to do a good job rebounding and not giving other teams second chances. LA is player of the year as of right now and has been the most consistent player in the conference this season.

StL Bison Fan
02-08-2015, 05:47 PM
Can't forget about the palace the tournament will be playing in starting this year. People won't have the excuse of bunny fans buying up all the tickets. Just go!

Will there be the traditional blizzard? Seems like there is always bad weather that week.

Tatanka
02-08-2015, 06:24 PM
Will there be the traditional blizzard? Seems like there is always bad weather that week.
Followed by the traditional zero shits given by the state of South Dakota on the condition of their highways.

17>1
02-08-2015, 07:54 PM

Had every intention of going the year Woody and the boys went dancing, but that blizzard hit that day and we bailed on the plan at the last minute. Going to put in for vacation time Monday for this tourney and also the Montana football game.

17>1
02-08-2015, 08:00 PM
Double post

17>1
02-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Just wanted to mention that I didn't mean to call out Kading for his lack of shooting. I just thought it was some funny dialogue between Dad and I that here is a guy that isn't shooting much but doesn't need to because everyone else is shooting lights out. I understand his role, and I'm okay with it. You gotta have bigs that can bang around down low and grab rebounds.

I'm not an active poster in this side of the forum because honestly I don't pay a ton of attention to many other programs outside of football, is what it is. But I have read a few threads recently and have noticed a little back and forth between a few posters about this team, expectations, reality, know it alls, etc. I'll add a few of my own thoughts, take it as you like, I don't know much at all. I don't think there is anything wrong with being or having a positive, happy go lucky, my team is the best, a win is a win is a win, person/attitude. I don't understand why anyone feels they have to change that about a certain fan or fans. Let them cheer and be as unrealistic as they want. It's a fan forum, it's not the attitude of the team. The Bison men are not as good as they need to be, they haven't played their best basketball yet, they have shot poorly and squeaked out some wins against teams they should beat by more, they will need to improve in a lot of areas if they want to hold first and win the Summit.....but that is exactly what we want from them. You don't want them to peak at the midway point of the season, you want them to be playing their absolute best and hit their peak at tournament time, when it really really matters. Right? Obviously, we can see things they can better at, but they are in first place, they are winning a bunch of games, they are overachieving (according to preseason voters) and it's with a great group of players that are Bison. Enjoy the ride!!!

ndsubison1
02-08-2015, 09:29 PM

Bison look good today.

Please dont attack me.

the bball forum is really weird here. doesnt matter how they do, they always get shit on. some posters barely post on here because of it. team is in first place right now and is exceeding expectations, not much else to say.

HerdBot
02-08-2015, 09:50 PM

How much bigger is the new stadium?

marenlee
02-08-2015, 09:55 PM
How much bigger is the new stadium?

Sioux Falls Arena - Basketball capacity 6,113

http://visitsiouxfalls.com/images/sized/up/Testimonials22-640x350.jpg

Denny Sanford PREMIER Center - Basketball capacity 12,000

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/mix97-3.com/files/2014/09/premier2.jpg

Not a bad upgrade.

roadwarrior
02-08-2015, 09:59 PM
Much larger if they use it all. I have heard they are not selling tickets in upper level for the tournament.

17>1
02-08-2015, 10:07 PM
I kind of like the old building from what I can see. Never been in either, but willing to bet the atmosphere in that old place was better. One looks like a basketball arena, the other is obviously for teh hockies.

HerdBoy
02-08-2015, 10:22 PM
Played in 2 games at the Sioux Falls arena. That place has been there forever.

HerdBot
02-08-2015, 10:49 PM
I kind of like the old building from what I can see. Never been in either, but willing to bet the atmosphere in that old place was better. One looks like a basketball arena, the other is obviously for teh hockies.

It will be better because there will actually be fans outside of Sioux Falls.

unbison
02-08-2015, 11:33 PM
Unsure what your getting at not.... It will be a nicer venue just because it is nicer.... I have bought tickets for years to this and had no troubles far easier then finding football tickets ... But you have to throw your absurd viewpoint in wtf I mean where r u from Uranus or iran

Tatanka
02-08-2015, 11:39 PM
Much larger if they use it all. I have heard they are not selling tickets in upper level for the tournament.

You can't be serious

SDSUAlum08
02-09-2015, 04:39 AM
You can't be serious

He's serious. With NDSU and SDSU #1 & #2 on the men's side and USD and SDSU #1 & #2 on the women's (most likely for both), they might regret that decision.

jacks1
02-09-2015, 04:50 AM
He's serious. With NDSU and SDSU #1 & #2 on the men's side and USD and SDSU #1 & #2 on the women's (most likely for both), they might regret that decision.

I was under the impression that they would start selling upper level tickets if the lower level sells out, which I believe is approx 7,700 seats.

Herd12
02-09-2015, 12:43 PM
I hope they do a better conversion than Scheel's arena does. Some conversion arenas are very well done and you can hardly notice teh hockies.

1998braves64
02-09-2015, 01:31 PM
I hope they do a better conversion than Scheel's arena does. Some conversion arenas are very well done and you can hardly notice teh hockies.

Scheels arena probably needs a quick turn around? Reason why they didn't optimize to basketball? Or just don't have experience like Sioux Falls have been doing it for years.

thundarsdaddy
02-09-2015, 01:48 PM
Thank you Bison Nation for showing up at this game that I was able to be at also. This team is coming together nicely, and I personally have always loved the way they play. In the USD game the passing got even crisper, movement away from the ball got a lot better, anyone open in the offense will shoot, and that allows for better offensive rebounding, and of course the defense that just gets better each game. LA is the Summit Player of the Year, Coach R is the Coach of the Year and Dex is my fav...lol...Go Bison!!

Herd12
02-09-2015, 02:02 PM
Scheels arena probably needs a quick turn around? Reason why they didn't optimize to basketball? Or just don't have experience like Sioux Falls have been doing it for years.

This is exactly right. tough thing is the Scheel's arena could be just fine. The baseline seats are elevated enough that you could do portable bleachers or risers for the student sections without screwing up the sight-lines for those behind them (even though no one sits in those seats). It was actually built to have a decent conversion (really it was built to have get-drunk-areas behind teh hockie goals) but we haven't quite gotten it right this season. I'm not sure if we will.

Professor Chaos
02-09-2015, 02:11 PM
I'll confess that I'm a first time basketball season ticket holder this year and really the only reason I bought them is because I enjoyed going to a game or 3 at the BSA in past years, I live in south Fargo so it's a short drive to the arena, and I wanted to get priority on season tickets when the renovated BSA opens. Having said that, I've been to about 10 games this year and I don't think I've ever had more fun in the regular season cheering on a Bison basketball team (maybe in 2008-2009 but it's close). These guys have been young, shorthanded, and undersized the whole year but keep on grinding out wins and playing with great effort. It's a team that's easy to root for and makes me excited about the future.

Bison03
02-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Sioux Falls Arena sucks. The seats way up high are like sitting in the top row of the Fargodome. The arena will be far superior. I think sort of like the BSA, some people didn't go because the venue was bad. I would assume that once the lower level is sold out they will sell upper level seats; it has to look good on TV, especially when the championship game is on ESPN2. I'm tempted to get tickets and go this year. This team could make some noise this year. I truely believe that LA will be the player of the year; and that wil what Richman has done with a young team, he is a strong canidate for coach of the year.

THEsocalledfan
02-09-2015, 03:06 PM
Guys, it is super nice and was built to accommodate bball. If ndsu and SDSU made the finals, it will be rocking. One of the best times I've ever had at a bball game was the final we lost to wolters.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Tatanka
02-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Guys, it is super nice and was built to accommodate bball. If ndsu and SDSU made the finals, it will be rocking. One of the best times I've ever had at a bball game was the final we lost to wolters.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Who were you cheering for? ;)

Herd12
02-09-2015, 03:52 PM
No I just try to keep the delusional homer basketball fans here in check. My expectations for this year was a .500 team and results to date as far as record goes are surprising. I still think this team has a long way to go and some of the success has to do with lack of standout teams in Summit. The last 6 games will show where this team really stands.

OK well here's my $.02. You didn't ask for them and I'm even more sure than that that you don't care.

Most rational Bison fans had hoped for a 15-14 record, beat UN_, beat SDSU, achieve a .500 record in the summit and to win a game in the summit league tournament. The same rational Bison fans had the realization that things could go much worse than that. After the 09 run to the NCAA tournament the team went 11-18. They went 6-8 at home and the crowds were brutal. The highlight of that season was the Nate Zastrow game at Frost Arena.

This team is blowing away both expectations and the last Bison team that succeeded a tournament representative. There's a lot to be excited about here! This team is very young and not only are they winning now but they project to win and win big in the future. There are signs here that this isn't just a team that can build up and make two runs every 5 years when a certain group of kids are juniors and seniors (first time, Woody, Winks Nelson, then Braun, Tray, Marshall). This is starting to look like a program. Honestly when you compare NDSU and Fargo to the other athletic programs and cities in the Summit that's exactly what it should be.

I hope I'm not counted among these "8 delusional posters" on the basketball board, but I don't understand the negativity. For me, and for a lot of us on the basketball board, what's going on right now is very, very impressive. The sad thing is even if they go into the Summit tournament as the #1 seed, they probably only have a 25-35% chance of winning the thing, the league is just that even. So there's a 65-75% chance that you're going to be right, and ultimately this team is going to fall short.

I would hope that you don't stand up and wag your finger at all of us when/if it does.

Professor Chaos
02-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Sioux Falls Arena sucks. The seats way up high are like sitting in the top row of the Fargodome. The arena will be far superior. I think sort of like the BSA, some people didn't go because the venue was bad. I would assume that once the lower level is sold out they will sell upper level seats; it has to look good on TV, especially when the championship game is on ESPN2. I'm tempted to get tickets and go this year. This team could make some noise this year. I truely believe that LA will be the player of the year; and that wil what Richman has done with a young team, he is a strong canidate for coach of the year.
IMO, Richman is the overwhelming favorite for Summit League Coach of the Year at this point. There's still a 3rd of the conference season left for most teams but right now I'd say the only other coach that would deserve consideration would be Nagy at SDSU but I think the expectations for them coming into the year was that they would be where they're currently at challenging for the regular season league title. I think pretty much everyone, including realists in our own fan base, expected this Bison team to be a middle of the pack Summit League team.

SDbison
02-09-2015, 06:07 PM
OK well here's my $.02. You didn't ask for them and I'm even more sure than that that you don't care.

Most rational Bison fans had hoped for a 15-14 record, beat UN_, beat SDSU, achieve a .500 record in the summit and to win a game in the summit league tournament. The same rational Bison fans had the realization that things could go much worse than that. After the 09 run to the NCAA tournament the team went 11-18. They went 6-8 at home and the crowds were brutal. The highlight of that season was the Nate Zastrow game at Frost Arena.

This team is blowing away both expectations and the last Bison team that succeeded a tournament representative. There's a lot to be excited about here! This team is very young and not only are they winning now but they project to win and win big in the future. There are signs here that this isn't just a team that can build up and make two runs every 5 years when a certain group of kids are juniors and seniors (first time, Woody, Winks Nelson, then Braun, Tray, Marshall). This is starting to look like a program. Honestly when you compare NDSU and Fargo to the other athletic programs and cities in the Summit that's exactly what it should be.

I hope I'm not counted among these "8 delusional posters" on the basketball board, but I don't understand the negativity. For me, and for a lot of us on the basketball board, what's going on right now is very, very impressive. The sad thing is even if they go into the Summit tournament as the #1 seed, they probably only have a 25-35% chance of winning the thing, the league is just that even. So there's a 65-75% chance that you're going to be right, and ultimately this team is going to fall short.

I would hope that you don't stand up and wag your finger at all of us when/if it does.
No wagging going to happen........and you are not one of the delusional. Just tired of the harassment for having an opinion. This crap doesn't happen in the football thread nearly as bad. Great the team has managed the current record. Best comment you made is about realistic chances of winning Summit tourney even if Bison at top. USD and SDSU have an undeserved advantage with a near home game. Flame away USD and SDSU fans.

BisonJD
02-09-2015, 06:50 PM
You can't be serious

Not entirely true. Once brackets are announced, Sioux Falls Sports Authority must determine at that time which sessions they will open the upper bowl. The lower bowl (suites and loge boxes included) seats about 7,000. If they project a matchup (USD/ SDSU/NDSU) that will exceed 7,000, they will open up the top level. Obviously, they want the lower bowl full for TV. They've already sold more sessions passes than any other year.

Herd12
02-09-2015, 08:31 PM
No wagging going to happen........and you are not one of the delusional. Just tired of the harassment for having an opinion. This crap doesn't happen in the football thread nearly as bad. Great the team has managed the current record. Best comment you made is about realistic chances of winning Summit tourney even if Bison at top. USD and SDSU have an undeserved advantage with a near home game. Flame away USD and SDSU fans.

Just to be clear I mean that with the Bison having 35% chance to win as the FAVORITES. Splitting up the other 65% amongst all other Summit League teams. I'm not saying that if we win the league we still shouldn't be considered the favorite in the SL tournament. March basketball usually comes down to guard play and I'll take LA, Kory and Dupree over anything anyone else is offering.

SDbison
02-09-2015, 09:46 PM
Just to be clear I mean that with the Bison having 35% chance to win as the FAVORITES. Splitting up the other 65% amongst all other Summit League teams. I'm not saying that if we win the league we still shouldn't be considered the favorite in the SL tournament. March basketball usually comes down to guard play and I'll take LA, Kory and Dupree over anything anyone else is offering. Good points. To clarify, I intended to say USD and SDSU essentially have a home court for the tourney, not saying either have an overall advantage considering talent and team play. For example, if a game is close thoughout how do the refs calls go, especially if there are twice as many fans cheering on one of the teams from South Dakota? Also the local teams don't really have much distance to travel and are likely more familiar with the surroundings so adjustment is minimal. Not a big deal, but still could be one more factor.

NDSUstudent
02-09-2015, 10:16 PM
Only SDSU has an advantage and it is a massive one, at least in the old arena it was.

That said it is hard to comment on USD since their team is never in the tournament long enough for me to even see their fans.

CAS4127
02-09-2015, 10:45 PM
I don't understand/get all this talk about COY/POY. Win, and don't worry bout post-season effing awards. Means nothing relative to whether season is a success. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unbison
02-09-2015, 11:10 PM
I don't understand/get all this talk about COY/POY. Win, and don't worry bout post-season effing awards. Means nothing relative to whether season is a success. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cmon cas we as fans can talk about it can't we if the coach or the players are thinking about it we in trouble but you and I can have a huge long drama discussion about it and it'll be ok.... Won't it be????

Bisonator98
02-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Cmon cas we as fans can talk about it can't we if the coach or the players are thinking about it we in trouble but you and I can have a huge long drama discussion about it and it'll be ok.... Won't it be????

Exactly.

Doubt Coach Richman or LA are concerned with those awards.