02-04-2015, 07:36 PM
4/5 Stars

Fast shipment. Would read again.

CaBisonFan
02-04-2015, 07:36 PM
The Five-Feat

Bison03
02-04-2015, 07:39 PM
But what about all the seniors leaving.............

17>1
02-04-2015, 07:52 PM
Fab-5! Fabulous would be an understatement :)

BisonFanAnn
02-04-2015, 07:53 PM
QUINTessential!

Bison Loaf
02-04-2015, 08:09 PM
Oh, C'mon now, people! This is akin to talking about a no-hitter in the 9th inning - of your fifth no-hitter in a row. :biggrin:

56BISON73
02-04-2015, 08:11 PM
:facepalm:

yopaulie
02-04-2015, 08:16 PM
Five gold rings...
Four nattys done, three for Bohl, two soon RJ, and a trophy next for freshmen.

tony
02-04-2015, 08:32 PM
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7459/16419392376_9e88a2c9b0_n.jpg

THEsocalledfan
02-04-2015, 08:35 PM
I tweeted today, and note #drivefor5 is regularly being used already!

just don't look what for....

CaBisonFan
02-04-2015, 08:40 PM
We need to win a game in Montana.

Tatanka
02-04-2015, 08:41 PM

This will be a sign. Book it.

BlueBisonRock
02-04-2015, 08:44 PM
Has "back, back, back, back, back" been copy righted?

17>1
02-04-2015, 08:45 PM
We need to win a game in Montana.

The team does, yes. And then they need to win 3 games in the FFD in December, and another game in Frisco. We know how this works by now.

CaBisonFan
02-04-2015, 08:50 PM
The team does, yes. And then they need to win 3 games in the FFD in December, and another game in Frisco. We know how this works by now.I wasn't sure...so I thought I'd direct this at you.

pucknut9
02-05-2015, 12:49 AM
The Drive for Five is Alive

StL Bison Fan
02-05-2015, 04:49 AM
This will be a sign. Book it.

Saved for future reference.

bisonfanette
02-05-2015, 05:21 AM
Five gold rings...
Four nattys done, three rings on Brock, two soon RJ, and a trophy next for freshmen.

I sang it, & sang it, & didn't like the previously used B word... so may we change this? Or please add Klieman :)

walknroehl
02-05-2015, 05:35 AM
Please people next January I'm going to a Cinco de Frisco party.

Christopher Moen
02-05-2015, 05:39 AM
Since our team pulled of the "Zenner" of repetitive Championships, we need a new description for five-straight.

Right now, I have "Five Golden Rings," "Olympic Rings" and "Limerick." Not strong or good, but a start. The obvious phrases would be five-peat or penta-peat.

BlueBisonRock
02-05-2015, 06:29 AM
Since our team pulled of the "Zenner" of repetitive Championships, we need a new description for five-straight.

Right now, I have "Five Golden Rings," "Olympic Rings" and "Limerick." Not strong or good, but a start. The obvious phrases would be five-peat or penta-peat.

The Berman... Back, back, back, back, back!

Vet70
02-05-2015, 08:06 AM

Not my original idea, but hey, it's the middle of the night: "It's a handful".

SamsRams
02-05-2015, 09:47 AM
God damn red field otherwise 5 peat jokes would be so last year

gumby013
02-05-2015, 11:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhmokVRdom8

IzzyFlexion
02-05-2015, 11:51 AM
Ahh, the peat.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/o-ii_Io0hLw/0.jpg

BYZEN
02-05-2015, 12:37 PM
#OneForTheThumb
Sent from my Windows phone using Tapatalk

BISONBRI
02-05-2015, 02:56 PM
The FISTER!!!!

runtheoption
02-05-2015, 03:00 PM
"Roses are red, we are going for 5 straight. Fuck off."

Herd12
02-05-2015, 03:02 PM
"Roses are red, we are going for 5 straight. Fuck off."

That's the winner, right there.

KSBisonFan
02-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Someone alter this to say "Excuse me...stewardess. I speak FIVE"

http://media.tumblr.com/32921c5e23da38bf9b8085eba58803a2/tumblr_inline_n61jsnI3iP1rlkg4z.jpg

Christopher Moen
02-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Someone alter this to say "Excuse me...stewardess. I speak FIVE"

http://media.tumblr.com/32921c5e23da38bf9b8085eba58803a2/tumblr_inline_n61jsnI3iP1rlkg4z.jpg

Love to see that as a sign if jive gets replaced with five.

IzzyFlexion
02-06-2015, 07:36 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/hbfcd.jpg

I thought a pic WITH the stewardess made more sense.

Bison Bridge Guy
02-06-2015, 08:32 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/hb7is.jpg

I thought a pic WITH the stewardess made more sense.

Provided you spell stewardess correctly :)

LikeMothers
02-06-2015, 08:36 PM

Izzy's hoping to give her the "d" later.

KSBisonFan
02-06-2015, 08:37 PM

Izzy just slipped and spelled it the UN_ way.

westnodak93bison
02-07-2015, 12:30 AM
Please people next January I'm going to a Cinco de Frisco party.
Clever. May need to be edited. My Spanish is rusty and my Spanish to English app says it means five of frisco

IzzyFlexion
02-07-2015, 12:43 AM
Clever. May need to be edited. My Spanish is rusty and my Spanish to English app says it means five of frisco

I would probably go with..................

partido en Frisco celebrando un quinto campeonato consecutivo rodeada de strippers juguetones.

bisonmike2
02-09-2015, 06:48 PM
I can't wait for next season and I honestly think we have a very good shot at a 5-peat.

1.) Our offense will be lethal. Carson is going to take this offense to a whole other level. He is an elite talent and it will be showcased next year. Losing Crockett hurts but if there is one position we reload at here, it's RB. And when you have a QB like Wentz, he will make everyone on his side of the ball better.

2) Our coaches can coach. Sounds stupid but this really was an unknown last year. Sure Klieman was a great DC but could he handle being the man? I think he more than answered that. Polasek was a great recruiter but we didn't know how he would call a game. I feel he got better every with every game last year. And that drive in the SHSU game where he called power after power after power that told me right there that he understands what Bison football is about. And Entz, what can I say about him. He managed to take an elite unit and they didn't miss a beat. Sure you can look at their performance in the playoffs and say it didn't match past years but I truly feel we played a higher level of competition in this years playoff than in past. That SDSU team was a beast and if they would have beaten us, they would have made some serious noise. Coastal Carolina was much better then they were last year and Illinois State was probably the most complete team we have faced in the past 2 years.

3) A 5 peat? Why the hell not. I'm beyond trying to explain the success that our teams have been enjoying at the division 1 level because each time I do, something more absurd happens. From basketball wins at Wisconsin to playing in Minneapolis for our first NCAA tourney game to beating Oklahoma last year. From the baseball team making the NCAA tournament, to wrestling being nationally ranked and finally to football. What can't I say about this football program. I was shocked when they beat an FBS Ball State, thrilled when they kept it close against Minnesota in the first game and speechless when they rightfully took them down the next year. It's gotten to the point now where I would be seriously shocked if we played an FBS team and didn't have a chance to win the game at the end. We can be competitive against any team in the country, regardless of division, on any given Saturday, I truly believe that. So when it comes to doing the improbable and making it 5 straight national championships I say why not. I've witnessed nothing but the improbable for the past 10 years and I see no reason why it's going to stop now.

NDSUSR
02-09-2015, 06:51 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/52774898.jpg

Da Bison
02-17-2015, 08:40 PM
On vacation and was in line waiting to order breakfast when a conversation between the two people in front of me began.
The first guy notices an ISU tshirt and says " Illinois State? How's the basketball team doing?"
Second guy says "not bad, but we're really proud of our football team these days. He goes on to say he is the retired President of ISU.
Then he sees my Bison hat and I give him the horns. We had a nice discussion about the game and recruiting. He told me they landed a bunch more fbs transfers. He asked how many fbs transfers NDSU got. I told him we have a couple on the team, but haven't had very good luck with them in the past. This seemed to surprise him. I told him that the baggage some of them bring can be pretty disruptive in the locker room.
Looks like ISU is trying to build for right now and not looking to the future.

EC8CH
02-17-2015, 08:46 PM
On vacation and was in line waiting to order breakfast when a conversation between the two people in front of me began.
The first guy notices an ISU tshirt and says " Illinois State? How's the basketball team doing?"
Second guy says "not bad, but we're really proud of our football team these days. He goes on to say he is the retired President of ISU.
Then he sees my Bison hat and I give him the horns. We had a nice discussion about the game and recruiting. He told me they landed a bunch more fbs transfers. He asked how many fbs transfers NDSU got. I told him we have a couple on the team, but haven't had very good luck with them in the past. This seemed to surprise him. I told him that the baggage some of them bring can be pretty disruptive in the locker room.

Should have told him how pumped we get about walkons and really blown his mind!

IzzyFlexion
02-18-2015, 02:29 AM

I trust you went all Marcus Williams on his ass and jumped his route to the ordering counter.

Da Bison
02-18-2015, 04:23 AM
I trust you went all Marcus Williams on his ass and jumped his route to the ordering counter.
He never saw it coming;)

cbline
02-18-2015, 12:33 PM

I picture more like Kyle Emanuel knocking over the Towson lineman, leaving the ISU guy flat on his back as you rushed to counter.

Green1
02-18-2015, 12:39 PM
I picture more like Kyle Emanuel knocking over the Towson lineman, leaving the ISU guy flat on his back as you rushed to counter.

I was thinking he went "King Kong Bundy off the top rope" on his take-out.

BlueHawkAlumni
02-18-2015, 02:40 PM

:cool::cool:

cbline
02-18-2015, 03:35 PM
I was thinking he went "King Kong Bundy off the top rope" on his take-out.

"Back when I was a kid," jumping off the top rope was against the rules. Man, would we yell at the TV during "All Star Wrestling" with the likes of Red Bass Dean, Hercules Cortez, Doctor X, and Scrap Iron Kodasky!

thundarsdaddy
02-18-2015, 03:49 PM

Thats sooo good to hear, that ISU has more FBS transfers. I assume they all now have health insurance on their parents policy or their own policy because of Obamacare. This is really good, since so many get taken off the field with injuries after playing NDSU. Nice to know they got coverage!

cbline
02-18-2015, 04:00 PM

IMHO, teams are doing this even more because of NDSU's success. They want to break the streak ASAP and don't have the patience for the long-term.

gizmo
02-18-2015, 05:18 PM
IMHO, teams are doing this even more because of NDSU's success. They want to break the streak ASAP and don't have the patience for the long-term.

Agreed. A lot of nervous coaches, AD's and fan bases out there.

MAKBison
02-18-2015, 06:14 PM

HAHA That is ISU in a nutshell.....no patience! Play calling and recruitment...it must be coach thing!

Bison Loaf
02-19-2015, 01:21 AM

Absolutely! You can just feel the panic. NDSU is re-writing the history books in FCS and it's got everybody highly constipated. Let's be a fly on the wall, shall we?

Before 2014: "Damn, their three-peat WAS impressive, but it's been done before recently, and they're kind of a lucky newcomer anyway. We'll see if those hicks can sustain it. And besides - they lost 24 seniors from an unbeaten team. They'll be decent and maybe make the playoffs, but NOBODY truly reloads after that. No way they get close to a 4th. Nobody's won 4 straight and nobody ever will!"

After 2014: Holy Effin' Shit! We better get some players in here FAST! I don't care where they come from, or how long they're here, or what little problems they might bring with them. Just get 'em here, dammit! We're already half a decade behind them bastards!"

:)

(and no purple….none)

North Side
02-19-2015, 02:06 AM
Have we lost a major player for the season since this run. I am talking loss of starting running back or QB since this run? Only way I don't like our chances of winning number 5.

Tatanka
02-19-2015, 02:26 AM
Have we lost a major player for the season since this run. I am talking loss of starting running back or QB since this run? Only way I don't like our chances of winning number 5.

1) Knock on wood. KNOCK ON IT, DAMMIT
2) For the season? other than Heagle? perhaps not. Have we lost players during the year prior to the playoffs? Damn right we have.

HerdBot
02-19-2015, 03:20 AM
I don't know why but I have this annoying vision of replacing badger, badger, badger, badger with...

Back to back to back to back
Three peay
four peat

to back to back to back to back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL6CDFn2i3I

NFH Schlüssel
02-19-2015, 07:05 AM
Red Bass Dean, Hercules Cortez, Doctor X, and Scrap Iron Kodasky!

I've never heard of these guys... were they before or after Bruno Samartino, Gorilla Monsoon, George "the Animal" Steele, Taru Tanaka, and I can't remember the name of the guy who wore the Native American headress?

Vet70
02-19-2015, 07:49 AM
I've never heard of these guys... were they before or after Bruno Samartino, Gorilla Monsoon, George "the Animal" Steele, Taru Tanaka, and I can't remember the name of the guy who wore the Native American headress?

The guy who wore the Native American headdress? There have been about a dozen and a half of them, including Chris Chavis, ("The Native American" Tatanka) and Wahoo McDaniel who also played professional football. I know, off topic but it is the middle of the night.

cbline
02-19-2015, 01:59 PM

Red Bass Dean, Hercules Cortez, Doctor X, and Scrap Iron Kodasky were on TV in the late 1960's, early 70's. It was quite a while ago.

IzzyFlexion
02-19-2015, 03:23 PM
Mad Dog Vachon baby.
The Crusher, the high flyers of Greg Gagne (sp?) and Jumpin' Jim Brunzell...... Bobby Heenan......
Man that brings back some good memories.

TransAmBison
02-19-2015, 03:25 PM
My favorite was Jake the snake Roberts.

Bison Loaf
02-19-2015, 03:28 PM
Red Bass Dean, Hercules Cortez, Doctor X, and Scrap Iron Kodasky were on TV in the late 1960's, early 70's. It was quite a while ago.

It's George "Scrap Iron" Gadaski, with a G, and it is Red Bastien.

Unless, of course, you were purposely playing on the words "Red Bass", then I apologize - but dammit man, I take my wrestling seriously!

IzzyFlexion
02-19-2015, 03:34 PM
It's George "Scrap Iron" Gadaski, with a G, and it is Red Bastien.

Unless, of course, you were purposely playing on the words "Red Bass", then I apologize - but dammit man, I take my wrestling seriously!

https://i.imgflip.com/hugg2.jpg

can y'all tell......I've got wayyyyyy to much free time today?

LikeMothers
02-19-2015, 04:39 PM
I've always thought it was cool how many wrestlers are from Robbinsdale.

wtffootballfan
02-19-2015, 04:44 PM
Baron von Raschke with his move the Brainclaw.

bri-dog
02-19-2015, 05:12 PM
Handsome Harley Race and Larry Pretty Boy Hennig
The Wild Bull of the Pampas
The Crusher
Kenny Jay and Kenny Yates (both were "very capable")

to add a few more...

Bison Loaf
02-19-2015, 05:38 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/hugg2.jpg

Thanks, man! I'm going to hang this right next to my posters of the Tooth Fairy (excuse me... the Molarnator!), the Easter bunny and, of course, UND Football!

ndsubison1
02-19-2015, 05:46 PM

Heagle, Beck, Olson...

56BISON73
02-19-2015, 08:40 PM
The guy who wore the Native American headdress? There have been about a dozen and a half of them, including Chris Chavis, ("The Native American" Tatanka) and Wahoo McDaniel who also played professional football. I know, off topic but it is the middle of the night.

There was also Frank Hill (AWA) who later became Chief Jay Strong Bow. Plus there was Chief Billy Red Cloud.

56BISON73
02-19-2015, 08:52 PM
Handsome Harley Race and Larry Pretty Boy Hennig
The Wild Bull of the Pampas--- Pampero Firpo
The Crusher
Kenny Jay and Kenny Yates (both were "very capable")

to add a few more...

The Bruiser, Big Moose Cholack, Dirty Dusty Rhoads, Vern Gagne, Jumpin Jim Brunzel, Buck Rockin Roll Zumhoff, Paul Perchman who became Buddy Love, BULLinski, Wilber Snyder, Pat Patterson, Pepper Gomez, Sweet Daddy Sickey, Argentina Rocco, Billy Robinson, Hard Boiled Haggerty, Ernie Ladd,
Brad Rheingans (NDSU), Bob Backland (NDSU), Ivan Koloff, Killer Kowalski. Just to name a few. Oh forgot Bobo Brazil, Ivan Putski and Dino Bravo.:biggrin:

KilldeerBison
02-19-2015, 09:52 PM
The Bruiser, Big Moose Cholack, Dirty Dusty Rhoads, Vern Gagne, Jumpin Jim Brunzel, Buck Rockin Roll Zumhoff, Paul Perchman who became Buddy Love, BULLinski, Wilber Snyder, Pat Patterson, Pepper Gomez, Sweet Daddy Sickey, Argentina Rocco, Billy Robinson, Hard Boiled Haggerty, Ernie Ladd,
Brad Rheingans (NDSU), Bob Backland (NDSU), Ivan Koloff, Killer Kowalski. Just to name a few.

How about PL, what name did he wrestle under? I'd assume his signature move was the "sausage press".:cool:

56BISON73
02-20-2015, 01:01 AM
How about PL, what name did he wrestle under? I'd assume his signature move was the "sausage press".:cool:

That was almost a reality.

NFH Schlüssel
02-20-2015, 07:22 AM
There was also Frank Hill (AWA) who later became Chief Jay Strong Bow. Plus there was Chief Billy Red Cloud.

Cheif Jay Strongbow was who I was thinking about!

NFH Schlüssel
02-20-2015, 07:23 AM
Brad Rheingans (NDSU), Bob Backland (NDSU), Ivan Koloff, Killer Kowalski. Just to name a few. Oh forgot Bobo Brazil, Ivan Putski and Dino Bravo.:biggrin:

Wasn't it Antonino Rocco?

Vet70
02-20-2015, 08:24 AM
Man, there are a lot of people on this thread who are really dating themselves when they are talking about wrestling!

56BISON73
02-20-2015, 12:50 PM
Wasn't it Antonino Rocco?

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=argentino+rocco+wrestler&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Antonio " Argentina" Rocca

Bison Loaf
02-20-2015, 01:28 PM
Man, there are a lot of people on this thread who are really dating themselves when they are talking about wrestling!

Nick Bockwinkel and Ray "the Crippler" Stevens. And (as The Baron would so beautifully say after an interview with Marty O'Neill) "that is all the people of Fargo need to know."

IzzyFlexion
02-20-2015, 03:24 PM

Looky here, Vet.............

I will argue to the death that "roughing up the suspect" 3 times per week IS NOT the same as dating one's self.......................................what?.. ................really?......................oh... ....................never mind.

Vet70
02-20-2015, 04:36 PM
[
QUOTE=IzzyFlexion;985896]Looky here, Vet.............

I will argue to the death that "roughing up the suspect" 3 times per week IS NOT the same as dating one's self.......................................what?.. ................really?......................oh... ....................never mind.[/QUOTE]

Okaaay----I'll take your word for it.

scottietohottie
02-20-2015, 04:41 PM
^^^^this looks awesome with izzys quote and vets signature. Izzy roughing the suspect up showing us all the heart of a champion. (Just expected more then 3 times a week from a champ but some people get tummy aches if they over do it)

Vet70
02-20-2015, 04:44 PM
^^^^this looks awesome with izzys quote and vets signature. Izzy roughing the suspect up showing us all the heart of a champion. (Just expected more then 3 times a week from a champ but some people get tummy aches if they over do it)

I'm changing my signature line.

IzzyFlexion
02-21-2015, 02:59 PM

It's more about "depleted resources".

56BISON73
03-21-2015, 02:14 AM
Down here in TX on a fishing trip. A guy who is fishing a tournament is stay where we are was wearing a Sam Houston State hat. Found out his kid was the nose guard when we played them in our two games for the Natty. He was really impressed with us and had a great conversation. His kid just came through the common area and noticed Emily was wearing a Bison tackle football shirt. He got a big smile on his face and said---man that is an ugly shirt. LOL

Christopher Moen
03-21-2015, 05:23 AM

Now there's a list of names of "pro wrestlers" who had long careers and made it past 50 years old.

Performing as a pro wrestler is a lot of fun. However, for the type of lifestyle that is associated with the business, not so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sb1j-0lSjI&feature=youtu.be

Also, anyone else think that Ed Schultz and Jim Cornette sound too much alike? Must be an overexcited Southern thing.

onbison09
03-21-2015, 06:25 AM
How in the F has Bob Backlund not come up in this thread? WWE Hall of Famer 2 time WWF champ and WWF Tag Team Champ. And oh yeah, NDSU alum and former All American football and wrestler!

Christopher Moen
03-21-2015, 07:03 AM
How in the F has Bob Backlund not come up in this thread? WWE Hall of Famer 2 time WWF champ and WWF Tag Team Champ. And oh yeah, NDSU alum and former All American football and wrestler!

Check 56BISON73's quote. He's listed along with Brad Rheingans in the second paragraph. Speaking of Brad, the late Jeff Blatnick told me he was the one who convinced him to wrestle Greco-Roman. This led Jeff to becoming an assistant coach to Bucky prior to winning the Gold in 1984.

onbison09
03-21-2015, 03:40 PM
Check 56BISON73's quote. He's listed along with Brad Rheingans in the second paragraph. Speaking of Brad, the late Jeff Blatnick told me he was the one who convinced him to wrestle Greco-Roman. This led Jeff to becoming an assistant coach to Bucky prior to winning the Gold in 1984.
Ah. Figured he had to come up. Has the second longest championship reign in history. I know it's pre-determined, but that means he brought in the money.

Christopher Moen
03-21-2015, 04:25 PM
Ah. Figured he had to come up. Has the second longest championship reign in history. I know it's pre-determined, but that means he brought in the money.

Matches were still determined by a booker during Backlund's reign as he was too young to be part of the industry were results were determined by a real wrestling match in the back between the performers.

Hammerhead
03-23-2015, 03:20 AM
The Drive for Five is Alive

Number Five is alive! No dissasemble!

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/ShortCircuitMovie1.JPG

westnodak93bison
03-23-2015, 08:26 PM
Is our fan base demanding too much by expecting a 5 peat?

roadwarrior
03-23-2015, 08:41 PM

We were expecting a lot hoping for a repeat.

CaBisonFan
03-23-2015, 08:43 PM
Is our fan base demanding too much by expecting a 5 peat?It will be different having the new faces on defense.

Hard to tell how that's all going to work out. Running back is another area of question.

5 peat too much to expect? Probably

EC8CH
03-23-2015, 08:58 PM

Every year is a new season. If they're not playing for another championship next year, it would seem they've set their goals too low.

CaBisonFan
03-23-2015, 09:02 PM
Every year is a new season. If they're not playing for another championship next year, it would seem they've set their goals too low....agreed...

Bison Loaf
03-23-2015, 09:10 PM

Not in the least!

1. We will have a head coach and his coaching staff in their 2nd year together, brimming with confidence.
2. We will have a 2nd year starting QB who is coming off a tremendous year and still has an unbelievable upside.
3. We will have a big, athletic, physical and deep offensive line.
4. We will have at least 2 big time, clutch wide receivers.
5. We will have a big, athletic, physical and deep defensive line.
6. We will have at least 2 returning shutdown corners.
7. We will return one of the best punters (if we need to punt :)) in the nation.
8. We will have an embarrassment of riches at the TE and FB position.
9. Our 2 closest competitors lost a ton of talent, and a third isn't even on the schedule again.

Need I go on? Frankly, if we get anything at all from RB, LB, SS, and FS (and we most certainly will), I honestly can't see how we would NOT expect a 5-peat. Of course, winning a championship at any time is tough and anything can happen, but the expectations for this team are not going away.

westnodak93bison
03-23-2015, 09:18 PM
I got scolded by a local coach this past weekend. His argument was basically that us Bison fans have ridiculous expectations and can't expect a natty every year. I told him pffft. If the coaches can't take the heat they are at the wrong school and most coaches would give their left nut to coach at a program with the tradition, culture and expectations of NDSU. Just as this program is not for every player/student athlete the same goes for coaches and admin.

scottietohottie
03-23-2015, 09:20 PM
If your not first your last.

StL Bison Fan
03-23-2015, 09:22 PM
How disheartening it would be to have a fan base that thinks you are a looser and can't win a championship.
Can you hear the speal? Hey, come to our school. It'll be easy the fans don't expect much...

Know any schools like that?

Bison Loaf
03-23-2015, 09:53 PM
I got scolded by a local coach this past weekend. His argument was basically that us Bison fans have ridiculous expectations and can't expect a natty every year. I told him pffft. If the coaches can't take the heat they are at the wrong school and most coaches would give their left nut to coach at a program with the tradition, culture and expectations of NDSU. Just as this program is not for every player/student athlete the same goes for coaches and admin.

Unless you are a Bison fan and follow this program intimately, I can see why someone (even a coach) would find it hard to believe (in fact, "ridiculous") that the Bison have just won a 4th straight natty and now they theoretically return enough talent that there are high expectations for a 5th. It's hard to wrap your brain around such a thing because, Mr. Scolding Coach Guy, "IT'S NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE".

There is no doubt that John Wooden had also had "ridiculous" expectations when UCLA was putting up 7 MBB titles in a row. Such excellence is "illogical" to expect, isn't it? :biggrin:

BisoninNWMN
03-23-2015, 09:55 PM

Not at all. NDSU has a ton of talent coming back, especially on offense. Until the Bison are knocked down consistently, I'm picking them to make another run at a NC.

BisoninNWMN
03-23-2015, 10:05 PM
Another thought. Looking at the schedule, there is no team that will be favored over the Bison. New coaching staff at Montana, UND is not good enough to beat the Bison. UNI is implementing a total new offense, Jacks lose a lot of production on offense and return a lot of starters on a mediocre defense. WIU is getting better. I don't think USD, MSU, SIU and IND State will be a serious threat. YSU will be tough on the road but overall, I expect a very good year in 15.

BisonNeil
03-24-2015, 12:06 AM
Another thought. Looking at the schedule, there is no team that will be favored over the Bison. New coaching staff at Montana, UND is not good enough to beat the Bison. UNI is implementing a total new offense, Jacks lose a lot of production on offense and return a lot of starters on a mediocre defense. WIU is getting better. I don't think USD, MSU, SIU and IND State will be a serious threat. YSU will be tough on the road but overall, I expect a very good year in 15.

Two of the teams you mentioned were discussed recently by Craig Haley of TSN.

It will be interesting to see how Bubba's 3-4 stacks up against a Bison offense that I think will be loaded.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=811679

Christopher Moen
03-24-2015, 12:31 AM
After what this team did last year in what should have been considered a "down year," it would be a disservice in my opinion to the players and coaches to not expect them to win. It's who they are, and what they do.

It won't be as easy as 2013 team made it look, but they should be just as good as the other three National Championship teams as long as they stay focused.

CaBisonFan
03-24-2015, 12:50 AM
If we are strong and deep at running back I believe that we'll win another one. That's my area of concern.

Vet70
03-24-2015, 12:55 AM
Although I don't discount the importance of a passionate fan base, ultimately I think that it's not as important as the expectations of the players themselves. As I recall a few years ago after a couple of disappointing seasons there were a group of young players who decided that losing was no longer an option and they won four championships. You can also tell from the comments of the players that have been recruited recently that they came to NDSU expecting to become champions and leave with rings. That is the one of the benefits of developing a winning culture.

gumby013
03-24-2015, 01:07 AM
I'm more concerned what comes after the Drive for Five. There aren't a lot of solid options to rhyme with six.

oldmantutters
03-24-2015, 01:30 AM
I'm more concerned what comes after the Drive for Five. There aren't a lot of solid options to rhyme with six.
Suck our dicks, we're going for six!

Mr Meaty
03-24-2015, 01:42 AM

Catchy slogan

BisonNation11
03-24-2015, 01:45 AM
Six for our dicks! (I apologize to all the female fans out there but this saying does work) Six for the chicks! (I knew I could redeem myself)

IzzyFlexion
03-24-2015, 02:18 AM

Catchy slogan

Exactly what I would be afraid of.
http://www.nursebarb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Herpes-and-Cold-Sores.jpg

Vet70
03-24-2015, 02:24 AM

Six just for kicks.

scottietohottie
03-24-2015, 02:30 AM
Exactly what I would be afraid of.
http://www.nursebarb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Herpes-and-Cold-Sores.jpg

5567 here to help

EC8CH
03-24-2015, 02:31 AM
Easton Stick's good for six!

Hammerhead
03-24-2015, 02:51 AM
It's hard to throttle back the expectations after last year when there were so many questions leading up to the season about replacing all of the seniors with 3 rings. Then again, I drink the Vikings kool-aid every year and have visions of another Superbowl during training camp.

westnodak93bison
03-24-2015, 04:03 AM
If we are strong and deep at running back I believe that we'll win another one. That's my area of concern.
Rb is the least of my concern. Our O-line will be dominant, plenty of experience at WR, TE & FB plus a QB with the highest ceiling of any Bison QB in history. Plug and play!

westnodak93bison
03-24-2015, 04:08 AM
Although I don't discount the importance of a passionate fan base, ultimately I think that it's not as important as the expectations of the players themselves. As I recall a few years ago after a couple of disappointing seasons there were a group of young players who decided that losing was no longer an option and they won four championships. You can also tell from the comments of the players that have been recruited recently that they came to NDSU expecting to become champions and leave with rings. That is the one of the benefits of developing a winning culture.
Don't discount the power of the pressure exerted by the fan base. When you are at NDSU you must win and do it right. Period. A big shot Team Maker told me so. No other FCS base has our expectations for excellence and few people or outsiders can understand it.

cbline
03-24-2015, 10:54 AM
Don't discount the power of the pressure exerted by the fan base. When you are at NDSU you must win and do it right. Period. A big shot Team Maker told me so. No other FCS base has our expectations for excellence and few people or outsiders can understand it.

^^^ This. ^^^ "I wake up in the morning, and I piss excellence!"

Vet70
03-24-2015, 02:26 PM

I don't disagree at all---it is one of the first things that I noticed about NDSU when I moved here in 1981. That is why at the very beginning of my post I tried to make it plain that I don't discount it. I was just trying to say that the majority of kids who come here seem to be internally motivated as well to be winners.

westnodak93bison
03-24-2015, 03:17 PM
I wish I would have asked that coach what his goals would be if he were coaching at NDSU.

BisonNeil
03-28-2015, 03:31 AM
Rb is the least of my concern. Our O-line will be dominant, plenty of experience at WR, TE & FB plus a QB with the highest ceiling of any Bison QB in history. Plug and play!

I don't understand how either of you could be concerned or even discuss the offense in the context of how, or whether, any aspects of the unit will be good. The O will rock.

The concern should be with the experience on defense. For example, other than DeLuca there isn't one LB with any appreciable game day experience. We saw how the D could struggle without Beck but with two starters to replace? Well...

Why would you question the RB or any other position on O with their collective game day experience? Perspective gentlemen. Perspective. The shit you are discussing isn't worth it.

westnodak93bison
03-28-2015, 03:53 AM
Isn't that what I said Neil?

BisonNeil
03-28-2015, 01:03 PM
Isn't that what I said Neil?

Yeah, I should have responded to CA. My bad.

Rock
03-28-2015, 01:27 PM
Anyone know how kicker(s) look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
03-30-2015, 11:36 PM

We won't need any. Our O will be so good we won't have to settle for field goals, we will always go for 2, and we can just free kick on kick offs.

CaBisonFan
03-31-2015, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I should have responded to CA. My bad....because your shit is better...huh Neil? (Purple font)

Bisonator98
03-31-2015, 12:01 AM

Barneson will be fine. Not sure who the backup is, probably Lecompte. We need to get a kicker in the next class.

tolnabison
03-31-2015, 01:51 AM
Barneson will be fine. Not sure who the backup is, probably Lecompte. We need to get a kicker in the next class.

We signed Cam Pederson in this year's class.

westnodak93bison
03-31-2015, 02:34 AM
How good is this kid? Could he start from the get go?

Bison bison
03-31-2015, 02:37 AM
How good is this kid? Could he start from the get go?

Cam Newton. Aaron Pederson.

Nuf said.

Bisonator98
03-31-2015, 11:47 AM

Yeah forgot about Cam. Thanks

LikeMothers
04-28-2015, 03:17 PM

Vern Gagne dead at 89

http://www.startribune.com/local/301510931.html

Bison Loaf
04-28-2015, 03:22 PM
Vern Gagne dead at 89

http://www.startribune.com/local/301510931.html

Sorry to hear that. His "All-Star Wrestling" TV program was a big part of my life growing up! RIP, Verne.

Mr Meaty
04-28-2015, 03:24 PM
Sorry to hear that. His "All-Star Wrestling" TV program was a big part of my life growing up! RIP, Vern.

I remember watching that with my dad when I was a kid. Then I would try some of the moves on dad but I always was pinned.

Bison Loaf
04-28-2015, 03:32 PM
I remember watching that with my dad when I was a kid. Then I would try some of the moves on dad but I always was pinned.

Me and my brother always put the moves and holds on each other - the pile driver, the figure-four leg lock, and Verne's signature move - the sleeper. Believe me..................they work AND HURT, and are quite dangerous when not in the hands of professionals! :)

LikeMothers
04-28-2015, 03:41 PM
Me and my brother always put the moves and holds on each other - the pile driver, the figure-four leg lock, and Verne's signature move - the sleeper. Believe me..................they work AND HURT, and are quite dangerous when not in the hands of professionals! :)

Your brother performing the sleeper hold unprofessionally explains a lot...

Bison Loaf
04-28-2015, 03:50 PM
Your brother performing the sleeper hold unprofessionally explains a lot...

...................the multiple pile drivers didn't help me any, either!!

tony
04-28-2015, 04:26 PM
I'm worried that they don't make a wolf shirt epic enough to guarantee NDSU's back to back to back to back to back.

Any word on how the search for the proper wolf shirt is going?

LikeMothers
04-28-2015, 04:44 PM
I'm worried that they don't make a wolf shirt epic enough to guarantee NDSU's back to back to back to back to back.

Any word on how the search for the proper wolf shirt is going?

You don't search for it. It finds you.

tony
04-28-2015, 04:54 PM
You don't search for it. It finds you.

Well, yeah, but you still have to go on a vision quest, don't you? BTW, for those of you who don't remember, MNLonghorn10 is the wolf shirt guy.

2011: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?24173-i-just-assured-the-ndsu-bison-will-win-the-championship-this-upcoming-year
2012: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?27862-i-guarantee-the-NDSU-bison-football-team-will-win-the-national-championship-again
2013: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?30655-3-Wolves-3-Peat
2014: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?33279-I-guarantee-the-2014-2015-NDSU-Bison-will-win-an-unprecedented-4th-straight-natty

For those of you who are getting in flame wars with MNLonghorn10 should bear in mind that he brought the gift of Wolf Shirt.

Tatanka
04-28-2015, 04:59 PM
Well, yeah, but you still have to go on a vision quest, don't you? BTW, for those of you who don't remember, MNLonghorn10 is the wolf shirt guy.

2011: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?24173-i-just-assured-the-ndsu-bison-will-win-the-championship-this-upcoming-year
2012: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?27862-i-guarantee-the-NDSU-bison-football-team-will-win-the-national-championship-again
2014: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?33279-I-guarantee-the-2014-2015-NDSU-Bison-will-win-an-unprecedented-4th-straight-natty

For those of you who are getting in flame wars with MNLonghorn10 should bear in mind that he brought the gift of Wolf Shirt.

I don't think he has a bear in mind, it would probably anger the wolf.

admin
04-28-2015, 05:02 PM
Just occurred to me that we really need a definition in the Bisonville Dictionary for Wolf Shirt.

StL Bison Fan
04-28-2015, 05:08 PM
I like 2014 of all the past ones.
We don't want him transitioning into bears or anything/anyone else.

TransAmBison
04-28-2015, 05:09 PM
Just occurred to me that we really need a definition in the Bisonville Dictionary for Wolf Shirt.You want to define the wolf shirt? Okay, I guess we know who to blame come January.

IzzyFlexion
04-29-2015, 02:46 PM
You want to define the wolf shirt? Okay, I guess we know who to blame come January.

I'm with you dude...............
You don't see Merriam Webster effin up our sh!t.

tony
04-29-2015, 03:00 PM
I'm with you dude...............
You don't see Merriam Webster effin up our sh!t.

Bah, you're a bunch of fragile flowers. UrbanDictionary wasn't scared, why should Bisonville be?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wolf+shirt

ZHerd
04-29-2015, 03:31 PM
Bah, you're a bunch of fragile flowers. UrbanDictionary wasn't scared, why should Bisonville be?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wolf+shirt

Urbandictionary personnel lives are likely crumbling to pieces as we type

tjamz
05-02-2015, 11:43 PM

That's why I never neg rep him. Can't risk it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Vet70
05-02-2015, 11:47 PM
That's why I never neg rep him. Can't risk it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

New found respect for him----can't mess with karma.

Schwarz04
05-12-2015, 01:16 PM
For some unknown reason, the thread I just posted got deleted, and it seems like a pertinent post in this one, so I'll give it a try here:

http://m.pantagraph.com/sports/college/football/isu-all-american-running-back-coprich-suspended-indefinitely/article_fcfab709-60ce-5081-a3fe-a4c74906ff1d.html?mode=comments&mobile_touch=true

Trumpster
05-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Probably because it should go into one of the 5 Coprich threads that already exist.

scottietohottie
05-12-2015, 01:22 PM
For some unknown reason, the thread I just posted got deleted, and it seems like a pertinent post in this one, so I'll give it a try here:

http://m.pantagraph.com/sports/college/football/isu-all-american-running-back-coprich-suspended-indefinitely/article_fcfab709-60ce-5081-a3fe-a4c74906ff1d.html?mode=comments&mobile_touch=true

I posted your link in the right thread thanks for the info