PDA

View Full Version : Head to Head - New Mexico, Air Force?

GOB1SON
02-04-2015, 03:15 PM
So I am interested in why almost every FBS offer NDSU beat out was from either New Mexico or Air Force (other than Wyoming, which I totally understand)?

1) Those are the only FBS schools SU can beat on a regular basis? (Don't cry PURDUE!, that is a local kid and SU beat them on exactly one recruit)
2) They run similar schemes so are recruiting similar players?
3) Is there some connection between Bohl and the New Mexico and Air Force staffs?
4) Just simple geography (not gonna beat Oklahoma and Nebraska, no recruits in Colorado or New Mexico, so they have to wander into the northern Plains?)

Anyway, when I was perusing Neis' site this morning, it just seemed like when SU beat an FBS, it was against those three schools. Thought it interesting.

SamsRams
02-04-2015, 03:43 PM
So I am interested in why almost every FBS offer NDSU beat out was from either New Mexico or Air Force (other than Wyoming, which I totally understand)?

1) Those are the only FBS schools SU can beat on a regular basis? (Don't cry PURDUE!, that is a local kid and SU beat them on exactly one recruit)
2) They run similar schemes so are recruiting similar players?
3) Is there some connection between Bohl and the New Mexico and Air Force staffs?
4) Just simple geography (not gonna beat Oklahoma and Nebraska, no recruits in Colorado or New Mexico, so they have to wander into the northern Plains?)

Anyway, when I was perusing Neis' site this morning, it just seemed like when SU beat an FBS, it was against those three schools. Thought it interesting.

Air Force is nothing new, they recruit on national level. New Mexico coming in strong lately and not sure why

CAS4127
02-04-2015, 03:48 PM
Air Force is nothing new, they recruit on national level. New Mexico coming in strong lately and not sure why

NM HC (for last 3 years) Davie is a graduate of YSU and was head coach at Notre Dame late 90's early 2000's, so he does have some ties to this area of the country and certainly must be paying attention to our recent run with kids from this region--just a thought.

SamsRams
02-04-2015, 03:59 PM
NM HC (for last 3 years) Davie is a graduate of YSU and was head coach at Notre Dame late 90's early 2000's, so he does have some ties to this area of the country and certainly must be paying attention to our recent run with kids from this region--just a thought.
Didnt they take SHSU's OC and DC a few years ago also?

StL Bison Fan
02-04-2015, 04:02 PM

Yes they did. During that Second playoff they were coaching with bags packed.

CAS4127
02-04-2015, 04:04 PM

Correct on OC. DC was DC at Minny for Brewster. This is starting to make more sense now as to why we are seeing them more up here.

ndsubison1
02-04-2015, 04:14 PM
But were FCS. Fbs schools never lose out to Fcs.

El_Chapo
02-04-2015, 04:43 PM
NDSU beats 3 mountain west teams very handily in recruiting, those are our peers.

KidZer0
02-04-2015, 04:44 PM
The Lobos Football Director of Recruiting is Josh Sternquist, who went there from Minnesota about 3 years ago. He has a lot of contacts in the MN/WI/IA/ND/SD areas from his time there...

EndZoneQB
02-04-2015, 05:23 PM
The Lobos Football Director of Recruiting is Josh Sternquist, who went there from Minnesota about 3 years ago. He has a lot of contacts in the MN/WI/IA/ND/SD areas from his time there...

I get your point, but lulz@Brewsters staff having connections in MN.

td577
02-04-2015, 06:31 PM
I don't know much about New Mexico.

The Air Force makes a lot of sense. Something like 2/3rds of the Bison roster is academic all conference or dean list students. Air Force should be FCS. They are recruiting the same guys. I think the military academies are great option for a lot of kids, but not every kid. You have education and football to worry about at any school, but there is the added stress of the military side of the house at the academies. Then there is the military commitment requirement afterwards. Not for everyone.

MAKBison
02-04-2015, 06:53 PM
I thought E Stick also had an offer from Purdue?

Bison 4 Life
02-04-2015, 07:03 PM
I thought E Stick also had an offer from Purdue?

He had Rutgers, Akron, and Miami (OH)

The freakout was when it was reported that he commited to Rutgers.

source-Bisonation.info

MAKBison
02-04-2015, 07:04 PM

source-Bisonation.info

yep thats right rutgers....TY!

THEsocalledfan
02-04-2015, 11:52 PM
Now, i am not going to pretend we are doing great against B1G, because we are not nor can we. However, am i the only one who thinks it is cool we scored 2 kids now with B1G offers? (Stick and Ellefson)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

ZHerd
02-04-2015, 11:57 PM
Now, i am not going to pretend we are doing great against B1G, because we are not nor can we. However, am i the only one who thinks it is cool we scored 2 kids now with B1G offers? (Stick and Ellefson)

No, it's amazing. It should become a Bison annual tradition

A1pigskin
02-05-2015, 12:51 AM

Seems reasonable.

westnodak93bison
02-05-2015, 04:13 AM

And what does it say about NDSU when only 4 Big10 teams are rated higher than NDSU in the final Sagarin ratings this year and only 2 last year. Tells me we have a kick ass program and a coaching staff and culture that will get kids to their potential.

tjbison
02-05-2015, 03:01 PM

source-Bisonation.info
His twitter account was hacked

SamsRams
02-05-2015, 07:15 PM

source-Bisonation.info

Well this is misleading. To be clear I never reported stick to rutgers

Bison 4 Life
02-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Well this is misleading. To be clear I never reported stick to rutgers

No, that was just anecdotal. I wanted to attribute the recruiting info, that is all.

You do the hard work, your info should be credited.

MAKBison
02-05-2015, 10:05 PM
No, that was just anecdotal. I wanted to attribute the recruiting info, that is all.

You do the hard work, your info should be credited.

I knew what you were saying...its all good. I just messed up the hacked account incident.....Purdue with Rutgers. B4L was just saying I could check Bisonation to see who offered who. It all good!

SamsRams
02-05-2015, 10:44 PM

source-Bisonation.info

I would have listed it this way then

source-Bisonation.info
*or just link the page http://bisonation.info/qb-easton-stick-omaha-ne-2014-offer/

Then post

Posting it after would lead people not up to date on the Stick fiasco to think I reported his hacked Rutgers verbal. To be clear I never believed it and never reported it

Im not upset or mad about it, just pointing out how someone could misread it