PDA

View Full Version : In reply to STLRedbird on the ISU board.

NDSUSR
01-20-2015, 03:14 AM
http://www.redbirdfan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7269
"Since they won't reset my password, I'm gonna post the misinformation here. Did ANYONE on this board claim we would win 7 of 10 from the Bison?"

Quit crying, your board wont approve my registration at all.
So SUCK IT Trebek!

StL Bison Fan
01-20-2015, 03:16 AM
Notice the name is StL Redbird. What I said about Redbirds vs Cardinals still stands.

EndZoneQB
01-20-2015, 03:40 AM
Did you seriously just start a similar thread to that abomination?

Ughhhh, dude we won. Let it go.

Mr. Burgundy
01-20-2015, 03:50 AM
Read their thread about the transfers they are getting. It's unreal. Great location. They are aggressive. Different mindset I guess. If love to get into the transfer market!!!! Yes please!!!!

Tatanka
01-20-2015, 03:50 AM
Did you seriously just start a similar thread to that abomination?

Ughhhh, dude we won. Let it go.

This right here. Ffs

EC8CH
01-20-2015, 04:00 AM
Read their thread about the transfers they are getting. It's unreal. Great location. They are aggressive. Different mindset I guess. If love to get into the transfer market!!!! Yes please!!!!

I'm confused, are you saying you like their FBS transfer approach? Thought it was strange their board is completely fixated on transfers and ignores high school recruiting entirely.

DakFan
01-20-2015, 04:19 AM
http://www.redbirdfan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7269
"Since they won't reset my password, I'm gonna post the misinformation here. Did ANYONE on this board claim we would win 7 of 10 from the Bison?"

Quit crying, your board wont approve my registration at all.
So SUCK IT Trebek!

I'm also guessing that it's comments like "SUCK IT" that made him want to respond to what he views as "idiot" comments. When did ND nice go out the window. We currently have the best program in FCS, so as fans, let's not ruin it by actually being idiot's.

NDSUSR
01-20-2015, 04:55 AM
I'm also guessing that it's comments like "SUCK IT" that made him want to respond to what he views as "idiot" comments. When did ND nice go out the window. We currently have the best program in FCS, so as fans, let's not ruin it by actually being idiot's.

I think the comedic genius of "suck it Trebek" may have been lost on you.

DakFan
01-20-2015, 05:22 AM
I get the phrase and its origins on snl. And if it was an attempt at humor I apologize but the contex and delivery was all wrong. As well unfortunately other comments after yours were just as poorly written. Only trying to say that we can be better as a fan base.

HerdBot
01-20-2015, 05:35 AM
I'm confused, are you saying you like their FBS transfer approach? Thought it was strange their board is completely fixated on transfers and ignores high school recruiting entirely.

Here are my thoughts.

I've never been a fan of building a team around transfers or Jucos. You only get 1 to 3 years out of them and the first year is typically used to learn the system. Illinois State is in a tremendous part of the country for transfers with a ton of FBS schools. They are everything we are not just based on Geography and population alone. Heck look at the impact their QB made. Then again look at the impact Wentz made on the game and he's the polar opposite. There's more than one way to skin a cat I guess.

With that being said I think its ok to find the occasional guy who is a perfect fit. Heck King Frazier is a perfect example. Previously recruited by Klieman. Three years of eligibility. Contributed right away and will probably start for the next 2 years. That's what I call a home run. Pat Paschal was similar with 3 years. I've always been a fan of Juco dlineman. Jeremy Gordon was huge for us in 2012 when injuries started to mount up at the DE position. Guys like Chad Willson and Andre Martin played a big part in the success of our team. Andre allowed Dudzik to move to safety which benefitted the team long term. Bryan Shepherd was awesome. And we can't forget Jeremy Kelly. What a crazy deal. Went to one of the armed forces schools. (I think it was Army) Transferred to Bemidji State. Comes to NDSU and becomes an impact starter on the online. These are perfect transfers.

I think since we have a bigger name we could go after a few we maybe wouldn't have had a chance on in the past.

Hail bison
01-20-2015, 05:46 AM
I get the phrase and its origins on snl. And if it was an attempt at humor I apologize but the contex and delivery was all wrong. As well unfortunately other comments after yours were just as poorly written. Only trying to say that we can be better as a fan base.

Any chance you were born in 1952? Just curious

NDSUSR
01-20-2015, 05:52 AM

Maybe fans like you are the problem. You know the type. The ones that always stick their noses in where they dont belong. Then offer up their two cents regarding what everyone else needs to do to better themseves and the entire forum. The kind of Decemberist who only joins a forum after the season is over and proceeds to post his criticisms after 2 posts. You know the type... assholes.

We as a fanbase have done nicely without you.

56BISON73
01-20-2015, 05:53 AM
Here are my thoughts.

I've never been a fan of building a team around transfers or Jucos. You only get 1 to 3 years out of them and the first year is typically used to learn the system. Illinois State is in a tremendous part of the country for transfers with a ton of FBS schools. They are everything we are not just based on Geography and population alone. Heck look at the impact their QB made. Then again look at the impact Wentz made on the game and he's the polar opposite. There's more than one way to skin a cat I guess.

With that being said I think its ok to find the occasional guy who is a perfect fit. Heck King Frazier is a perfect example. Previously recruited by Klieman. Three years of eligibility. Contributed right away and will probably start for the next 2 years. That's what I call a home run. Pat Paschal was similar with 3 years. I've always been a fan of Juco dlineman. Jeremy Gordon was huge for us in 2012 when injuries started to mount up at the DE position. Guys like Chad Willson and Andre Martin played a big part in the success of our team. Andre allowed Dudzik to move to safety which benefitted the team long term. Bryan Shepherd was awesome. And we can't forget Jeremy Kelly. What a crazy deal. Went to one of the armed forces schools. (I think it was Army) Transferred to Bemidji State. Comes to NDSU and becomes an impact starter on the online. These are perfect transfers.

I think since we have a bigger name we could go after a few we maybe wouldn't have had a chance on in the past.

If you build a team on transfers you lose your culture and tradition and your identity changes. All you are doing is filling holes and you arent building for the future.

NDSUSR
01-20-2015, 05:54 AM
Any chance you were born in 1952? Just curious

That could be. Its pretty fishy for sure.

BlueBisonRock
01-20-2015, 06:25 AM
Maybe fans like you are the problem. You know the type. The ones that always stick their noses in where they dont belong. Then offer up their two cents regarding what everyone else needs to do to better themseves and the entire forum. The kind of Decemberist who only joins a forum after the season is over and proceeds to post his criticisms after 2 posts. You know the type... assholes.

Pucker up Buttercup. You are not exactly providing a stellar example with your flame of a response.

Looks like its going to be a long off season.

56BISON73
01-20-2015, 06:57 AM

The guy has posted twice under this moniker. Since you say you know who this poster is why dont you let everyone in on your secret?

ndsubison1
01-20-2015, 08:32 AM

Its the only way teams can "try" to keep up with us

ndsubison1
01-20-2015, 08:33 AM

Burgundy loves transfers

Mr. Burgundy
01-20-2015, 12:09 PM
I do love transfers. I push for a couple every year. Half of the studs we go against are transfers. The studs for ISI....transfers. UNI just signed 3 in a week. Studs. Don't put words in my mouth and say I want a bunch...I don't. I'd take a couple. They can buy into a culture just like anyone else. People want a Juco kid all the time....but don't want a impact player that is stuck on a FBS chart? Makes NO sense at all. 3rd stringers s high majors may want to play someday. It's different than taking a problem child. It makes sense in football as they don't sit out a season. All coaches are connected. They make calls. They do their homework.

Herd12
01-20-2015, 12:51 PM
I'm with Burgundy on this. 19 FBS transfers? No thanks. But 1, 2 or 3 transfers every offseason? Hells yes. Forget not what Andre Martin, Jeremy Kelly, Bryan Shepherd and King Frazier have done for the program.

BlueKeyAlum
01-20-2015, 02:16 PM
I don't know why Bison fans go to other boards to pick fights. There's more than enough opportunity to get in fights on B'Ville.

TransAmBison
01-20-2015, 02:18 PM
I don't know why Bison fans go to other boards to pick fights. There's more than enough opportunity to get in fights on B'Ville.What do you mean by that?!

unbison
01-20-2015, 02:18 PM
So now we have 2 recent threads complaining about other people.... Wow we fricking national champs who gives a shit

HerdBot
01-20-2015, 02:29 PM
I do love transfers. I push for a couple every year. Half of the studs we go against are transfers. The studs for ISI....transfers. UNI just signed 3 in a week. Studs. Don't put words in my mouth and say I want a bunch...I don't. I'd take a couple. They can buy into a culture just like anyone else. People want a Juco kid all the time....but don't want a impact player that is stuck on a FBS chart? Makes NO sense at all. 3rd stringers s high majors may want to play someday. It's different than taking a problem child. It makes sense in football as they don't sit out a season. All coaches are connected. They make calls. They do their homework.

this ^^
Supplement. Don't build around. Once in a while you strike gold like Illinois State did and it turned their program into a contender instantly.

BYZEN
01-20-2015, 02:34 PM
I don't know why Bison fans go to other boards to pick fights. There's more than enough opportunity to get in fights on B'Ville.

What do you mean by that?!

HEY!!! Take it out back you two!:duel:

TransAmBison
01-20-2015, 02:40 PM
HEY!!! Take it out back you two!:duel:Did somebody ask your opinion?!

BisonFan02
01-20-2015, 02:44 PM
did somebody ask your opinion?!

fhritp!!!!!!!!!!!!

EC8CH
01-20-2015, 02:45 PM

Thanks. Makes sense to me. Need a strong recruiting base for the foundation of a program and a few well vetted transfers as opportunities arise.

Still seems odd to me ISU's board pays so much attention to transfers in relation to recruiting of which I don't see any posts.

BYZEN
01-20-2015, 02:46 PM
Did somebody ask your opinion?!

:ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::rant ing::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting:: ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranti ng::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::r anting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::rantin g::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ra nting::ranting::ranting:

runtheoption
01-20-2015, 02:49 PM
All coaches are connected. They make calls. They do their homework.[B]Generally speaking, does the "losing" staff reach out to the potential "gaining" staffs, kind of as a favor to the kid that is interested in transferring?

StL Bison Fan
01-20-2015, 02:53 PM
Here is a link to Bison Media Blog and Coach K is asked if he is getting a bunch of calls from FBS kids. He mentions ISU-r and SHSU.
@DomIzzoWDAY: ICYMI; our season wrap-up with Chris Klieman | BISON Media Blog http://t.co/LydMkeQYpF #NDSU @NDSUfootball http://t.co/9KUCLsPTdt

semobison
01-20-2015, 02:58 PM

Who is this we you are talking about, mister join date jan 2013? You lost all your cred with me when you wondered why everyone was worried about UNI this year, and predicted a Bison blowout! I have read your posts and kept quiet till now. When were you born, 2004? Reading your post, that would be my take!

BYZEN
01-20-2015, 03:06 PM
Thanks. Makes sense to me. Need a strong recruiting base for the foundation of a program and a few well vetted transfers as opportunities arise.

Still seems odd to me ISU's board pays so much attention to transfers in relation to recruiting of which I don't see any posts.

My $.02 FWIW.

ISUr has a goal to beat the Bison.
They want to do this within this two year window with Tre.
The fan's I talked to generally seemed surprised that they made it this far this year.
They are trying to get ringers in the lineup now to get the win at the cost of the future.
I asked about that and they didn't seem to care. They seem to think they can continue to fill the roster with FBS 3rd stringers because they will be relevant once they beat us. (Something here sounds familiar.)
Is this really the coach's model? I doubt it but a handful of their fans were expressing similar views to me both before and after the game.

tjbison
01-20-2015, 03:37 PM
I will give Credit to UNI, at least they still actually recruit and sign talented kids, yes they maybe bring a transfer or 2 but for the most part they are targeting good players and seem to have a low attrition rate, although I dont follow close but thats the image I get, and look how that turns out....pretty much a threat every year

teams that rely heavy on transfers never get the "family" feel to the program, IMO

I bash Farley and love to do it because I think hes a Dickhead but he does recruit and get good talent, that can't be denied

Herd80
01-20-2015, 04:24 PM
Generally speaking, does the "losing" staff reach out to the potential "gaining" staffs, kind of as a favor to the kid that is interested in transferring?

WTF...all this wailing and gnashing of teeth, bitching and moaning, cats and dogs living together/mass hysteria, and; RTO comes up with a honest question without the usual drivel? Is it April 1st?

Green1
01-20-2015, 04:31 PM
WTF...all this wailing and gnashing of teeth, bitching and moaning, cats and dogs living together/mass hysteria, and; RTO comes up with a honest question without the usual drivel? Is it April 1st?

Troubling times my friend, troubling times.....

Mr. Burgundy
01-20-2015, 05:25 PM
Generally speaking, does the "losing" staff reach out to the potential "gaining" staffs, kind of as a favor to the kid that is interested in transferring?

YES AND NO. that make sense? haha. YES....if the kid is stuck on a depth chart, has been a great kid, has a great work ethic/motor....YES, the losing staff (especially if they recruited the young man) will want to help him out and find him a great landing spot. This is where connections come into play. See King Frazier. Done nothing but great things at Nebraska, but was stuck on a depth chart of 5 star kids and wanted to PLAY. Staff discuss and help out to help the student/athlete.

NO.....when the kid is leaving on bad terms, the losing staff isn't helping anyone. Typically in this situation the potentially gaining staff will reach out to the losing staff and ask what the deal is. "Was he a good kid? Tell me about the incident. What does his work ethic look like?" Stuff like that.

You look at the Husker staff working with Youngstown today to find a place for Avery Moss. Great kid, great upside, not playing much at Nebraska. Obviously Bo recruited him. He will end up there. We have done ALOT of research on alot of potential transfers, alot of things don't check out. Which is why we aren't taking a bunch of them. We also don't have as many holes as other schools do. My guess...when you bad, you take the quick fix alot easier.

DakFan
01-20-2015, 05:54 PM

You're correct I am a new poster, but have been following this forum and others for years and finally decided to join and what a welcome! My post wasn't meant to start an argument. I simply said: we are champions and should act like champions. Didn't expect to be labeled a fuddy-duddy, asshole or Decemberist?. I've been bleeding Green and Gold for close to 20yrs now, so I do believe I've earned the right to be part of the fanbase. Anyway sorry for getting off on the wrong foot and I look forward to plenty of back and forth banter in the future.

TransAmBison
01-20-2015, 05:56 PM
You're correct I am a new poster, but have been following this forum and others for years and finally decided to join and what a welcome! My post wasn't meant to start an argument. I simply said: we are champions and should act like champions. Didn't expect to be labeled a fuddy-duddy, asshole or Decemberist?. I've been bleeding Green and Gold for close to 20yrs now, so I do believe I've earned the right to be part of the fanbase. Anyway sorry for getting off on the wrong foot and I look forward to plenty of back and forth banter in the future.Welcome to the board! Jerk!! :D

MrSnuffleupagus
01-20-2015, 06:25 PM
Everyone knows that the REAL Bison fans (the ones donating all the monies) spend all their time on Bisonville. This is fact. All those old NDSU alumni that have been going to games for 20 something years? Decemberists.

New users suck. wait.

StL Bison Fan
01-20-2015, 06:26 PM
Everyone knows that the REAL Bison fans (the ones donating all the monies) spend all their time on Bisonville. This is fact. All those old NDSU alumni that have been going to games for 20 something years? Decemberists.

New users suck. wait.

And you??????

56BISON73
01-20-2015, 09:57 PM

I agree. A couple her and there certainly wont hurt us. There is a lot of talent out there lost on the depth charts.

westnodak93bison
01-20-2015, 10:18 PM
Last time ISU-red played at Fargo I spoke with a couple redbird parents passing through the tailgate and they commented that the FBS transfers they had at the time were causing rifts amongst the players. FBS superiority kind of stuff. Didn't sit well with them.

DakFan
01-20-2015, 10:39 PM
I think that's one of the reasons we've been so successful for the duration of this run. For the most part there have been very little transfers, especially from FBS and the kids come in to the program together, grow with each other and want to play for the guy next to them. A team that plays together like the Bison do will almost always win in the end, even over a roster filled with more talent.

BisonHorns
01-20-2015, 10:53 PM
Last time ISU-red played at Fargo I spoke with a couple redbird parents passing through the tailgate and they commented that the FBS transfers they had at the time were causing rifts amongst the players. FBS superiority kind of stuff. Didn't sit well with them.
Had that exact conversation with a redbird fan in Frisco at our hotel. I tried to compliment the quarterback but he followed up with he didn't like the fact that the prior one paid his dues but is now on the bench. This was prior to the game.

tjbison
01-20-2015, 10:58 PM
Had that exact conversation with a redbird fan in Frisco at our hotel. I tried to compliment the quarterback but he followed up with he didn't like the fact that the prior one paid his dues but is now on the bench. This was prior to the game.

Which QB paid his dues?

Brown Graduated and the with Tre the other 2 QB'S on their roster have not seen the field, with one being a sophomore and the other a transfer from Wyoming

ZHerd
01-20-2015, 11:11 PM

Play the best players if you want to win

perthbison
01-20-2015, 11:52 PM
I think that's one of the reasons we've been so successful for the duration of this run. For the most part there have been very little transfers, especially from FBS and the kids come in to the program together, grow with each other and want to play for the guy next to them. A team that plays together like the Bison do will almost always win in the end, even over a roster filled with more talent. you are correct. I think an FBS transfer or two each year is allright. Our coaches will do a good job of figuring out whose worth getting but I doubt we'll ever become a team with a lot of them.

Bisonville GasMan
01-20-2015, 11:58 PM

Ahhh yes...sounds like a recipe for success.

ndsubison1
01-21-2015, 12:53 AM
Which QB paid his dues?

Brown Graduated and the with Tre the other 2 QB'S on their roster have not seen the field, with one being a sophomore and the other a transfer from Wyoming

last years starter was beat out by roberson

BisonNation11
01-21-2015, 12:58 AM
I will beg and plead for every team in the country to take FBS transfers. NDSU's record against those teams with multiple transfers is unmatched and undefeated in the playoffs.

tjbison
01-21-2015, 01:18 AM
last years starter was beat out by roberson

Wow...I'm stuck in a time warp I thought Brown was there last year

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-21-2015, 01:31 AM
Here is a link to Bison Media Blog and Coach K is asked if he is getting a bunch of calls from FBS kids. He mentions ISU-r and SHSU.
@DomIzzoWDAY: ICYMI; our season wrap-up with Chris Klieman | BISON Media Blog http://t.co/LydMkeQYpF #NDSU @NDSUfootball http://t.co/9KUCLsPTdt

The comments that coach K had about scheduling raised my eyebrows a bit.

I'll finish it on the FBS discussion thread.

tjbison
01-21-2015, 02:07 AM
The comments that coach K had about scheduling raised my eyebrows a bit.

I'll finish it on the FBS discussion thread.

Love judge smails

CyPanth
01-21-2015, 01:28 PM
Which QB paid his dues?

Interesting piece of trivia. Jared Barnett, the quarterback for Iowa State's historic win over #2 Oklahoma State in 2011, transferred to Illinois State when he lost his starting position. He left the Illinois State program this year after a number of concussions. I haven't followed Illinois State enough to know how much he was in QB mix there before he left the program. It would have been typical Iowa State luck for him to transfer and then play in the FCS national championship.

VanClubPres
01-21-2015, 02:41 PM
I would hate to see what the board would have been if we lost.....

Bison 4 Life
01-21-2015, 03:19 PM
I would hate to see what the board would have been if we lost.....

we didn't? You wouldn't know it by reading that board.

td577
01-21-2015, 10:12 PM
we didn't? You wouldn't know it by reading that board.

If they had a moral victory, that means someone had to be a moral loser. So in a way, we must have lost.

MPE773
01-22-2015, 07:48 PM

Redbirdfan.net has a separate forum for Recruiting that launched this summer so all of the high school recruit posts reside here:

http://www.redbirdfan.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=16

I will say as a Redbird, we definitely fill in the gaps with transfers and our core has always been HS recruits. I believe we had the #1 rated recruiting class last year. We just got 3 BCS transfers so of course we are going to discuss them. I will suggest that all the talk about transfers is due to one major factor. They are expected to have an immediate impact next season whereas the vast majority of incoming freshman will red shirt. I think we have a record of bringing in 3-4 transfers per year, some work out and some can't beat the guy that was already here (see Lewis, Pittser and Barnett).

Congrats on the win in Frisco, I plan to come to Fargo once our regular season match up comes around again.

KC Bison
01-22-2015, 09:19 PM
From the perspective of a player stuck in the depth chart, he wants to play ball. So, are you going to transfer to NDSU and risk not getting to play there either. We're willing to only take a few FBS transfers and there also may be only a few brave enough to try to get playing time here. So, IMO, you transfer to a weaker school to get a better shot at being able to play.

1st&TennBison
01-22-2015, 09:57 PM

Do you mean like the same thing you are doing right now, seems like you should take your own advice.

1st&TennBison
01-22-2015, 10:05 PM
I myself would not mind seeing 2-3 kids transfer to NDSU each year on average, any more than that then I believe you would risk the bond that players form when each class comes in. But they would have to be high character kids who are doing it for the right reasons. Not some 5 star recruit with an attitude.

Blair
01-24-2015, 08:37 PM
They asked Coach K about FBS transfers on the Bison Football show this year (as I recall). He said they prefer a kid be in the program for 4-5 years. Let Coach Kramer develop their body and let the coaches teach them the system.

Lest we forget, we've beaten FBS teams 5 of the last 5. We've ranked consistently in the top 35 in Sagarin ratings, and the MVFC ranked above all but the power 5 this year end. What would the outcome have been if the FBS schools we'd played had started their 3rd stringers? Because that's what we're talking about here. A great athlete doesn't always equal a great player. I like the system we have. Don't mess with success. Ill St appears desperate IMO.

Bison bison
01-25-2015, 02:35 PM
This. Redbirds suck. Wait. What?

tjbison
01-25-2015, 03:44 PM
Spack is trying to get out of normal, seen what Bohl did but knows he needs these transfers To get it done as he don't want to spend 5 yrs on a ckass, He wins a title he's gone, might even be gone with another deep playoff run

td577
01-25-2015, 03:46 PM
This. Redbirds suck. Wait. What?

I needed a laugh so I went to see what they were saying. Basically they think along the lines they would win 7 out of 10. They sound a lot like UN_ fans. They forget they lost the one that was played, the one that counted, but live with the dream of 7 out of 10. They say if they would of done this better or if that happened, they would have won. Well, they didn't do this better and that didn't happen, so they didn't. They had the exact same opportunity to make the most out of 60 minutes and didn't. Add another school to the long line of those mastering loser speak. 7 out of 10. LOL. Maybe they would, but they didn't win the one that mattered. Of course, if they just had a little more time.

td577
01-25-2015, 03:48 PM
Spack is trying to get out of normal, seen what Bohl did but knows he needs these transfers To get it done as he don't want to spend 5 yrs on a ckass, He wins a title he's gone, might even be gone with another deep playoff run

He just signed an extension. I know it doesn't matter in the big picture, but it does probably have a buyout clause which makes it where he has to be a lot more attractive than his competition.

tjbison
01-25-2015, 03:50 PM
He just signed an extension. I know it doesn't matter in the big picture, but it does probably have a buyout clause which makes it where he has to be a lot more attractive than his competition.
Bohl had signed a 8yr extension in jan 2013 also, those don't mean crap. He left in Dec of the same year

StL Bison Fan
01-25-2015, 03:55 PM

If he leaves, it will be attractive, for both sides.
Don't even need to say anything about the extension. Might as well write it on a napkin

MAKBison
01-25-2015, 04:23 PM
If he leaves, it will be attractive, for both sides.
Don't even need to say anything about the extension. Might as well write it on a napkin

I wonder if it has a you cant recruit against us clause ...lolollol

StL Bison Fan
01-25-2015, 04:40 PM
I wonder if it has a you cant recruit against us clause ...lolollol
Yes, lolololol
Probably. What are those worth?

td577
01-26-2015, 12:44 AM
My son has been bugging me to go to b-dubs for a long time so I took him there even though I hate it. I look up on the TV and see the redturds are playing uni in basketball on ESPNU. Realized I never really cared much about a game like before but a couple of things caught my eye in the game. It is a home game for the deadbirds and there are empty seats in the 1st tier of their 2 tiered arena. I get the upper deck being a little light, but the lower deck against not only a conference rival but the 20th ranked team in the country and on top of all this, they call themselves a basketball school. The deadturds jump out to a 12 point lead midway through the second half but by the end of the game, they piss all that away and lose the game on a three pointer by uni with 5 seconds left. Isu got the ball down the court in the paint to clank one off the bottom of the rim. Game over. For a school I never gave two shits about in my entire life, I giggled a bit inside at the two-thirds filled arena with their Spack big heads (do we do football bigheads at BB games?) in the crowd and their collective moan. I felt no pity for their loss. In fact, I am still kind of giggling inside over the yelling and screaming a few seconds earlier to nothing. Silence. And then the moan. I don't even care that uni won, it was just funny that isu lost. Of course, they didn't really lose, they ran out of time.

Vet70
01-26-2015, 02:34 AM
"In fact, I am still kind of giggling inside over the yelling and screaming a few seconds earlier to nothing. Silence. And then the moan."

They had plenty of practice from two weeks ago.

SDbison
01-26-2015, 02:38 AM
My son has been bugging me to go to b-dubs for a long time so I took him there even though I hate it. I look up on the TV and see the redturds are playing uni in basketball on ESPNU. Realized I never really cared much about a game like before but a couple of things caught my eye in the game. It is a home game for the deadbirds and there are empty seats in the 1st tier of their 2 tiered arena. I get the upper deck being a little light, but the lower deck against not only a conference rival but the 20th ranked team in the country and on top of all this, they call themselves a basketball school. The deadturds jump out to a 12 point lead midway through the second half but by the end of the game, they piss all that away and lose the game on a three pointer by uni with 5 seconds left. Isu got the ball down the court in the paint to clank one off the bottom of the rim. Game over. For a school I never gave two shits about in my entire life, I giggled a bit inside at the two-thirds filled arena with their Spack big heads (do we do football bigheads at BB games?) in the crowd and their collective moan. I felt no pity for their loss. In fact, I am still kind of giggling inside over the yelling and screaming a few seconds earlier to nothing. Silence. And then the moan. I don't even care that uni won, it was just funny that isu lost. Of course, they didn't really lose, they ran out of time. lol at the red turds...........I disagree with most here........I met a few of their decent fans, but the majority of them were arrogant pricks. Considering their lack of winning history I was amazed at their over confidence. Good luck to Spack bringing in all those individual big head FBS players. Lucky if they make the playoffs next year.

Bison 4 Life
01-26-2015, 12:58 PM
lol at the red turds...........I disagree with most here........I met a few of their decent fans, but the majority of them were arrogant pricks. Considering their lack of winning history I was amazed at their over confidence. Good luck to Spack bringing in all those individual big head FBS players. Lucky if they make the playoffs next year.

Nobody said a word to me. My buddy came out of the bathroom afterwards and said someone came up to him and said "You sure have a lot of white guys on your team".

Weird.

Bison bison
01-26-2015, 01:34 PM
Had two meetings with ISUr fans.

The ones who sat behind as the game we're very good sports.

Saturday morning there was a cantankerous old bitch at the Fairfield Inn in Lewisville cackling on about how it was 'going to be a good game'.

TransAmBison
01-26-2015, 01:36 PM
Every Redbird fan I met was great...and we met a lot of them. My wife and I made two walks though their tailgate area and we were treated very well.

unbison
01-26-2015, 02:11 PM
All of those that I met were fun.... As for sd Calling them arrogant....what fan makes the trip expecting their team to lose???? Cmon grow a smile you grouch;)

td577
01-26-2015, 02:46 PM
I can't say I met any in Frisco that were too out of hand. The guys sitting behind us were annoying for a little while, but they ran out of energy to keep up being too incredibly stupid the whole game, but they tried. I felt most of them acted like they don't go to football games much which is too bad for their program. One came up and gave me a cigar and said he was saving it for a victory but had to give it to a Bison fan now. I will never have any clue as to the quality of his cigar buying ability as I don't smoke cigars, but it was a funny gesture nonetheless. Right after the game, most of them were in shock. I don't know how much they expected to win, but it had to especially hurt knowing they were pretty close. Most of the negative fan reaction I have been exposed to has been their fan board, which isn't probably that unexpected. I don't think they will ever appreciate it but the Bison will win ugly if they have to and have a knack for figuring out how to put up more points than the other team no matter how. There is a little more than luck involved when in 4 years, your team wins the ball games that counts the most. They can think they are more talented all day long but they didn't put more points on the scoreboard and that is the only stat that counts at the end of the day. The game wasn't stolen from them. Even having the refs leaving their flags in their hotel rooms effected both teams equally all day. They straight up lost the game.

Bison 4 Life
01-26-2015, 02:51 PM
I can't say I met any in Frisco that were too out of hand. The guys sitting behind us were annoying for a little while, but they ran out of energy to keep up being too incredibly stupid the whole game, but they tried. I felt most of them acted like they don't go to football games much which is too bad for their program. One came up and gave me a cigar and said he was saving it for a victory but had to give it to a Bison fan now. I will never have any clue as to the quality of his cigar buying ability as I don't smoke cigars, but it was a funny gesture nonetheless. Right after the game, most of them were in shock. I don't know how much they expected to win, but it had to especially hurt knowing they were pretty close. Most of the negative fan reaction I have been exposed to has been their fan board, which isn't probably that unexpected. I don't think they will ever appreciate it but the Bison will win ugly if they have to and have a knack for figuring out how to put up more points than the other team no matter how. There is a little more than luck involved when in 4 years, your team wins the ball games that counts the most. They can think they are more talented all day long but they didn't put more points on the scoreboard and that is the only stat that counts at the end of the day. The game wasn't stolen from them. Even having the refs leaving their flags in their hotel rooms effected both teams equally all day. They straight up lost the game.

I think the "more talented" idea comes from thinking FBS transfers are somehow better than their FCS equivalents.

Bison bison
01-26-2015, 02:56 PM
The most annoying fans were some dumbass Bison fans who kept chanting "Red Turds".

Binford30
01-26-2015, 02:57 PM

Get it right! They ran out of time!

semobison
01-26-2015, 03:18 PM
The most annoying fans were some dumbass Bison fans who kept chanting "Red Turds".

Red turds! Wow, that's so 6th grade. Do these turds come from the planet nearest to you, Uranus!

Mr. Burgundy
01-26-2015, 03:57 PM
Red Turds....Goophers.....yeah, it is impressive isn't it. Shocking why other fan bases think we are arrogant.

td577
01-26-2015, 04:08 PM
Red Turds....Goophers.....yeah, it is impressive isn't it. Shocking why other fan bases think we are arrogant.

I have no problem chiding goofer and other fans on this message board. I do have issues with those that go to their boards and do the same.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

SDbison
01-26-2015, 06:17 PM
I have no problem chiding goofer and other fans on this message board. I do have issues with those that go to their boards and do the same.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk This exactly. As for the game the few fans I met in the tailgate area were ok, but the fans all across the aisle from me were Red bird fans and listening to them just got old. I expect them to go nuts for their team but seems many were like their fans on their messageboard. I think they look down on the Dakotas and think they would be better.

MNLonghorn10
01-26-2015, 06:19 PM
Red Turds?

im stealing that one

td577
01-26-2015, 06:21 PM
This exactly. As for the game the few fans I met in the tailgate area were ok, but the fans all across the aisle from me were Red bird fans and listening to them just got old. I expect them to go nuts for their team but seems many were like their fans on their messageboard. I think they look down on the Dakotas and think they would be better.

MAKBison heard me ask the two morons behind us if they intended to actually cheer for their team or talk shit the whole game. They mostly cheered for their team after that.

MAKBison
01-26-2015, 06:35 PM
MAKBison heard me ask the two morons behind us if they intended to actually cheer for their team or talk shit the whole game. They mostly cheered for their team after that.

Yeah they initially wanted to be dicks but ended up not being so bad.

They thought we were sitting in the RED#IRD section. Anyway, After I explained to them how the seats were bought two years ago, that the actual team allotments were spread out across the stadium and that we were actually sitting in general admission, they settled down. The one did have to be a smart ass and made a comment----where I come from you sit on your own side. I just pointed to the red section on the the visitor side side and said what about those assholes. Guy just laughed. TD and the other guy were getting into it pretty good...kinda funny now!

td577
01-26-2015, 07:44 PM
Yeah they initially wanted to be dicks but ended up not being so bad.

They thought we were sitting in the RED#IRD section. Anyway, After I explained to them how the seats were bought two years ago, that the actual team allotments were spread out across the stadium and that we were actually sitting in general admission, they settled down. The one did have to be a smart ass and made a comment----where I come from you sit on your own side. I just pointed to the red section on the the visitor side side and said what about those assholes. Guy just laughed. TD and the other guy were getting into it pretty good...kinda funny now!

Of course when they said it was their first game in 25 years a lot of things made sense. I'm thinking I am at my 70th something game in 9 years and that is pretty weak compared to Bisonville standards.

MAKBison
01-26-2015, 08:10 PM
Of course when they said it was their first game in 25 years a lot of things made sense. I'm thinking I am at my 70th something game in 9 years and that is pretty weak compared to Bisonville standards.

They were past players as well.....makes you wonder. I was talking to another red#ird fan who said they have 0 alumni support and their AD is clueless This guy was also a past player and if you watch the game a huge cheerleader, I see his cure was really trying to get folks into it. Classy guy, He left us a victory cigar under our Windshield wiper after the game...again nice guy!

marenlee
01-28-2015, 12:06 AM
Seems like most of their negative Nancys didn't even go to the game. They'll sit behind their computer screen and shit all over NDSU and our fans nonstop. We were right in the corner of the ISU main section and the fans in front of us were pretty cool. We chatted with a couple for a while but he just wouldn't shut up! In the middle of plays he'd be trying to talk to me and all I wanted to do was watch the damn game! I did feel bad for his friend though. As the game was winding down and we had the ball at the end, he kept turning towards us and kept saying "I can't watch." He kept mentioning how he was feeling sick and boy did he turn white at the end. This same dude kept telling all his buddies to settle down after they scored their last touchdown because it was way too early. Complete silence by the fans in front of us. The one guy finally shut up. Good guys though :)

td577
01-28-2015, 01:32 AM
Seems like most of their negative Nancys didn't even go to the game. They'll sit behind their computer screen and shit all over NDSU and our fans nonstop. We were right in the corner of the ISU main section and the fans in front of us were pretty cool. We chatted with a couple for a while but he just wouldn't shut up! In the middle of plays he'd be trying to talk to me and all I wanted to do was watch the damn game! I did feel bad for his friend though. As the game was winding down and we had the ball at the end, he kept turning towards us and kept saying "I can't watch." He kept mentioning how he was feeling sick and boy did he turn white at the end. This same dude kept telling all his buddies to settle down after they scored their last touchdown because it was way too early. Complete silence by the fans in front of us. The one guy finally shut up. Good guys though :)

Isu fans kind of made the same comments that the fans that went to the game in Frisco are not the ones that go to the game in Normal. The ones that went to Frisco were ones that mostly lived closer to TX and typically aren't regular season ticket holders. Their fanboard seems mostly made up of regular season ticket holders that didn't go to Frisco. It makes for a strange combination. There are certainly a lot of Bison fans that go to Frisco that aren't your regular season attendees, but they have now gone to more football games in the past four years than 97% of the Isu fans that were in Frisco have for the past 25 years.

IzzyFlexion
01-28-2015, 11:16 AM
The Bloomington-Normal culture as it relates to ISU is so very different than the Fargo/Bison connection. Northern Iowa competing with Iowa State and Iowa for fans and attendance is very much like the Illinois State situation. Champaign is a mere 53 miles to the east of B/N on I-74. Each city is about 135 miles from Chicago via two different interstates. Naturally, being a Big 10 school, U of I gets the lions share of those fans too.

marenlee
01-28-2015, 01:15 PM
The Bloomington-Normal culture as it relates to ISU is so very different than the Fargo/Bison connection. Northern Iowa competing with Iowa State and Iowa for fans and attendance is very much like the Illinois State situation. Champaign is a mere 53 miles to the east of B/N on I-74. Each city is about 135 miles from Chicago via two different interstates. Naturally, being a Big 10 school, U of I gets the lions share of those fans too.

Hah! And the Illini football team doesn't get much support either.

BadlandsBison
01-28-2015, 01:19 PM
Hah! And the Illini football team doesn't get much support either.
Not until basketball season

Bison"FANatic"
01-28-2015, 01:43 PM
They say a picture is worth a thousand words...................................

http://instagram.com/p/yKdF5fKfu5/

BisonNation11
01-28-2015, 01:47 PM
They seriously give away a runner-up trophy??? Talk about a slap to the face participation award. Best part is their team either gets runner up champ rings or conference champ rings knowing full well NDSU beat them out for both, in the same game.

HerdBot
01-28-2015, 01:49 PM

At least they act like they dont want it. I doubt the 1984 team wanted to remember the National Championship loss.

Herd12
01-28-2015, 01:53 PM
From what I can tell they are still recognizing their "conference championship". I guess why wouldn't they?

Bison Loaf
01-28-2015, 01:55 PM

Anyone know if they gave out runner-up trophies in 1981 and 1984? And if so, what did NDSU do with them?

EC8CH
01-28-2015, 01:59 PM
From what I can tell they are still recognizing their "conference championship". I guess why wouldn't they?

"One True Champion"

Back to you Anish.

BisonFan02
01-28-2015, 03:17 PM
Glass house everyone....watch last year's "Those who stay will be champions" DVD when Gene Taylor is interviewed and you can see NDSU's 2000 DII Semifinalist trophy.

StL Bison Fan
01-28-2015, 03:32 PM
I'm ok with a runner up trophy (aka: First looser). As long as you don't print up runner up tee shirts. That's sad.

Bison"FANatic"
01-28-2015, 03:45 PM
I have no problem with the trophy. I just thought people here would get a smile from seeing it. I actually like how they are supposedly "using it for motivation". If it is me that thing gets put in the weight room for the next 6 months.

StL Bison Fan
01-28-2015, 04:00 PM
I have no problem with the trophy. I just thought people here would get a smile from seeing it. I actually like how they are supposedly "using it for motivation". If it is me that thing gets put in the weight room for the next 6 months.

Just like when Flanders had a picture of the Bison ring on his cell phone. Motivation.

BisonNation11
01-28-2015, 04:04 PM
Just like when Flanders had a picture of the Bison ring on his cell phone. Motivation.

I would take a repeat of what happened the following year... :biggrin: