PDA

View Full Version : NDSU 2015 Schedule (Illinois State)

ACECON
01-18-2015, 08:36 PM
www.gobison.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=52&path=football

I was looking to see when NDSU would have a rematch with Illinois State, just presuming that they would play each other this year. I guess not. How does this work since there is a odd number of teams in the MVC? 9 teams and eight games? when will they play each other during the season?

tjbison
01-18-2015, 08:40 PM

I was looking to see when NDSU would have a rematch with Illinois State, just presuming that they would play each other this year. I guess not. How does this work since there is a odd number of teams in the MVC? 9 teams and eight games? when will they play each other during the season?

Won't play them again till 2016, first team we skipped was Western Ill, believe it's Indiana st or YSU in 2016-17

Teams we will play every year no matter are uni, sdsu, usd, think all the others rotate, maybe msu is all the time also

NDSUstudent
01-18-2015, 08:41 PM

We play ISU next in 2016, SIU will be the team we don't play for two years after that.

Hammersmith
01-18-2015, 08:42 PM

The year after next. With 10 teams and 8 games, you don't play one team each year. For the sake of a balanced home/away schedule between each two teams, the conference uses a two-year rotation. In the first two years of the arrangement, NDSU and WIU didn't play. Last year and next year it's ISUr. The two years after that will be SIU.

SamsRams
01-18-2015, 08:44 PM
Won't play them again till 2016, first team we skipped was Western Ill, believe it's Indiana st or YSU in 2016-17

Teams we will play every year no matter are uni, sdsu, usd, think all the others rotate, maybe msu is all the time also

Wasnt the first skip YSU?

Hammersmith
01-18-2015, 08:45 PM

Nope. Played them every year since joining the MVFC.

tjbison
01-18-2015, 08:47 PM
No we have played YSU every year in the MVFC

2012-13 Western I'll
2014-15 Illinois St

All started when USD entered the conference

StL Bison Fan
01-18-2015, 08:56 PM

If you'll recall we played them at home two years because of this.
Too bad SIU is the next team. No 'stache out unless we do it for ISU-r

SoCalBison
01-18-2015, 09:13 PM
I'm quite ok not facing Illinois State during the regular season next year. Roberson is going to be tough. Playing him once a year is enough.

BisonNeil
01-18-2015, 11:18 PM
I'm quite ok not facing Illinois State during the regular season next year. Roberson is going to be tough. Playing him once a year is enough.

Supposedly he is considering leaving for the draft. It will be interesting to see what he does.

Elvis was a Bison
01-18-2015, 11:21 PM
Supposedly he is considering leaving for the draft. It will be interesting to see what he does.

Hmmmmm. You got a source on that?

scottietohottie
01-18-2015, 11:27 PM
Hmmmmm. You got a source on that?

Maybe he watched the shrine game and now likes his chances.

tolnabison
01-19-2015, 12:00 AM

I haven't seen his name on any of the lists. I am pretty sure the declaration deadline was last Wednesday.

Hammersmith
01-19-2015, 02:00 AM

Are you sure you're not confusing him with that Ohio State player that may or may not be transferring to ISUr next year. There were rumors that he might not play a single down for the Redbirds even if he transferred.

And has anyone heard if that guy decided or not? First everyone said he might, then they all said he was, then it was back to might, then to definitely not, then back to might again, and then I lost all interest. Also heard he enrolled at JMU as well as possibly some other schools to keep options open.

EndZoneQB
01-19-2015, 02:16 AM
I haven't seen his name on any of the lists. I am pretty sure the declaration deadline was last Wednesday.

We will get the full list tomorrow. I think stuff had to be in by Friday BUT you can withdraw until today.

NDSUstudent
01-19-2015, 02:21 AM

Why would he go to the Draft? He has about as good a shot as getting drafted as I do.

ZHerd
01-19-2015, 02:51 AM

Seems odd. His passing game isn't good enough for the NFL. With another full year starting in college who knows

BisonNeil
01-19-2015, 02:02 PM
Friend of mine lives in a Chicago suburb and swears he heard it in a radio sports talk show. That's all I've got. He would be ill-advised to do it but the same could be said last year abou the WY QB and he still did it.

CAS4127
01-19-2015, 02:10 PM
It's too late now. Deadline was midnite last Friday for UC's to declare IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
01-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Roberson was never leaving early. Someone was mistaken.

Hammerhead
01-19-2015, 07:33 PM

There was talk about whether or not the Ohio State QB that played in the FBS championship bowl or whatever it's called would declare himself eligible for the draft.