PDA

View Full Version : NDSU v Leathernecks 1/16

El_Chapo
01-16-2015, 12:26 PM
Need this win and WIU is struggling with new coach.

Who's meeting the gang at scheels bar at 530?

Let's get 4000+ please

StL Bison Fan
01-16-2015, 02:28 PM
Looking forward to a good game tonight. What better thing to do on a Friday night?
And the football team gets honored.

roadwarrior
01-16-2015, 02:31 PM
I don't think the arena/bar opens until 6.....

coldspot
01-16-2015, 02:35 PM
Need this win and WIU is struggling with new coach.

Who's meeting the gang at scheels bar at 530?

Let's get 4000+ please

Scheels has a bar? this is news to me.

roadwarrior
01-16-2015, 02:49 PM

Scheels Arena does.

Tatanka
01-16-2015, 02:49 PM
In + 3. Bison FTW.

Bison"FANatic"
01-16-2015, 02:50 PM

Yep Gelato bar, even a fudge bar if you are so inclined. Definitely not getting 4000 in there though, that would be a little to cozy.

El_Chapo
01-16-2015, 02:58 PM
I don't think the arena/bar opens until 6.....

Dam Roadwarrior is right again!

doors dont open until 6pm so they cant open that technically they tell me. why not just move the ticket takers to right outside that bar area and allow people to come at 5pm.

WASTED opportunity for them I guess we'll just go give blarneystone the $200 we were gonna drop there. congrats!

Bison03
01-16-2015, 03:00 PM
Friday night, team is playing above expectations, Football team being recognized, chance to see the 4 trophies. NO reason not to go to this game. Let's fill it up.

ndsubison1
01-16-2015, 04:05 PM

THey have a speak easy. Just gotta find it

MNLonghorn10
01-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Chapo has invited yours truly and ez to his cabana tonight at the arena. Possibly a hando appearance.

Blarney or bulldog pregame

StL Bison Fan
01-16-2015, 04:26 PM
Chapo has invited yours truly and ez to his cabana tonight at the arena. Possibly a hando appearance.

Blarney or bulldog pregame

Hando buying?

ndsubison1
01-16-2015, 04:34 PM
In for the flatbreads at the bar

El_Chapo
01-16-2015, 04:37 PM
El_chapo is spending some peso's and BisoNation LLC is buying a suite tonight . Slick Vic is invited. will he show up?

Blarneystone sounds like a good stop from 445-545 then scheels bar at 6!

since Bulldog Tap informed me "we dont do the shuttle for NDSU games, only force games" so i laughed at him and said that's stupid of you.
and GastroPub was so slow last bison game we missed the tip off.
lets have a great night Bisonville!

coldspot
01-16-2015, 05:40 PM
El_chapo is spending some peso's and BisoNation LLC is buying a suite tonight . Slick Vic is invited. will he show up?

Blarneystone sounds like a good stop from 445-545 then scheels bar at 6!

since Bulldog Tap informed me "we dont do the shuttle for NDSU games, only force games" so i laughed at him and said that's stupid of you.
and GastroPub was so slow last bison game we missed the tip off.
lets have a great night Bisonville!

suite open to everyone? and is it just bisonation.llc or bisonation.llc.com?

MNLonghorn10
01-16-2015, 05:41 PM
suite open to everyone? and is it just bisonation.llc or bisonation.llc.com?

looks llike you dont have a .gov badge. you arent allowed

StL Bison Fan
01-16-2015, 05:59 PM
looks llike you dont have a .gov badge. you arent allowed

Will .edu work?

MNLonghorn10
01-16-2015, 06:18 PM
Will .edu work?

out. :hide:

Herd12
01-16-2015, 07:29 PM
In +3 tonight. Gotta keep it going at home. Conference still wide open and we let one slip on Wednesday night. Hopefully LA feels better.

El_Chapo
01-16-2015, 07:31 PM
mnlonghorn is a Bisonation.com LLC contracted employee tonight, all credentials will be approved by him.
Seems like Blarneystone is the pregame, then Bar at scheels opens at 6pm

HoopsBison
01-16-2015, 07:43 PM
Excited for the game tonight, also will be nice to be able to recognize the football teams great season at halftime. As for the game WIU has some great guard play, in particular Covington. Cannot let him get going early and need to make him earn everything. Need a win here tonight after dropping one on Wed because next week we are on the road for two games!

Lets go Bison!

MNLonghorn10
01-16-2015, 10:35 PM
The worm has turned! Chaps got us tequila cornitas and a little margaritas action!

Ole ole ole ole

westnodak93bison
01-16-2015, 11:27 PM
Bison favored by 12 1/2

silkamilkamonico
01-17-2015, 12:08 AM
Anyone watching on all access - getting any volume?

BisonTeacher
01-17-2015, 12:09 AM

Any other streams out there? nothing on first row

pwbnd
01-17-2015, 12:11 AM

No sound for me either on all access.

NDSUstudent
01-17-2015, 12:11 AM
7-0 Bison lead early.

marenlee
01-17-2015, 12:16 AM
I never had any issues with the streaming last year. Doing my best to sync the audio and the video...

NDSU1980
01-17-2015, 12:33 AM
Any score updates???

HoopsBison
01-17-2015, 12:35 AM
26-13 ndsu 5:36 left in first half.

Bison bison
01-17-2015, 12:35 AM
26-13 good guys

NDSUstudent
01-17-2015, 12:39 AM
28-18 Bison

NDSU getting open shots, this isn't Coach Mo's Leathernecks.

SDbison
01-17-2015, 12:46 AM
Crap for attendance..........way to show your support for the Bison Fargo. WTF.......going to recognize 4 peat Bison football at half too.

NDSU1980
01-17-2015, 12:57 AM
Thanks everyone. No night time radio reception here for BB games.

HoopsBison
01-17-2015, 12:57 AM
Was nice actually be able to hear the ceremony this year.

HoopsBison
01-17-2015, 01:02 AM
Gotta love coach K getting the bball squad and crowd pumped for the 2nd half!

Da Bison
01-17-2015, 01:17 AM
43-34 with 12:34 left.

marenlee
01-17-2015, 01:24 AM
Kory is a defensive beast like usual. 52-34 with 10 minutes left!

NDSUstudent
01-17-2015, 01:25 AM
Bison rolling now....up 52-36.

HoopsBison
01-17-2015, 01:28 AM
KB just brings the energy, sometimes it gets him dumb fouls but love the way he competes non stop.

Bison up 20.

Bison03
01-17-2015, 01:29 AM
Our offense is painful to watch sometimes. Only guy hustling and going to the basket it Brown. Still, our D is just plain crazy good. This team is fun to watch.

HerdBot
01-17-2015, 01:30 AM
Crap for attendance..........way to show your support for the Bison Fargo. WTF.......going to recognize 4 peat Bison football at half too.

Off campus. This is the norm

marenlee
01-17-2015, 01:30 AM
Kading needs to stop taking 3s. I know he can make them at times, but damn.

thundarsdaddy
01-17-2015, 01:45 AM
Dupree with a HUGE dunk, but called for the offensive foul..oh ell it was worth it!!! Bison win 61 to 48

marenlee
01-17-2015, 01:45 AM
Holy crap. I did not realize Dupree could dunk like that. However, waved off for a charge.

thundarsdaddy
01-17-2015, 01:46 AM
I ddnt realize this till they said it on the TV broadcast...the Bison men seldom get to practice in Scheels Arena, thats a tough thing!

westnodak93bison
01-17-2015, 01:48 AM
I personally like the down and dirty defensive attitude. Love it!

Bisonator98
01-17-2015, 01:49 AM
Nice game boys way to bounce back after a tough loss.

westnodak93bison
01-17-2015, 01:58 AM
20 game home winning streak. How does that rank currently?

Tatanka
01-17-2015, 02:18 AM
Off campus. This is the norm

Were you there?

CAS4127
01-17-2015, 02:25 AM
Did we win?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DIBISON
01-17-2015, 02:32 AM
Did we win?

Yes, can't remember the final for sure, I think 61-48. Bison played great D tonight. Must of been because the football coaches and players were all in the arena.

NDSUstudent
01-17-2015, 03:34 AM
20 game home winning streak. How does that rank currently?

Tied with UVA for the 7th longest active home winning streak

El_Chapo
01-17-2015, 11:52 AM
Thanks to everyone who stopped by. Getting a suite is the way to go!! Roadwarrior even honored us by stopping.... and fanette & stlbison really were working the room. (No not that IZZY!) I think they drank all the corona's...

Ndsu84
01-17-2015, 04:57 PM
I haven't been to enough games to know much, but why run the clock down on every possession? Made for pretty boring game for what it could have been. 90 points should gave been easy last night and then you'd fill the place.

NDSUstudent
01-17-2015, 05:05 PM
I haven't been to enough games to know much, but why run the clock down on every possession? Made for pretty boring game for what it could have been. 90 points should gave been easy last night and then you'd fill the place.

I think I'll stick with what got us an NCAA tournament win and has won us 12 games this year and has us #1 in the conference.

silkamilkamonico
01-17-2015, 06:05 PM

I better not see scores in the 90+ at NDSU. I love that this program can contineously dictate the flow of the game with their defense. They might not win all of them but if you ever want to hope to compete with the big boys you better have a main focus on defense first, because talent will never outscore significantly better talent.

HoopsBison
01-17-2015, 07:13 PM
It was really nice to see Paul Miller get going again last night. Lately most games it seems hes just been out there, not really hurting us but also not contributing a ton outside of the Omaha game. Dave was talking about how earlier in the week he challenged Paul to be more of a contributor, cant be a freshman anymore and responded very well. When Paul is scoring it really opens the floor up for us.

Kory Brown is one of my favorite players but he needs to stop getting in early foul trouble. He is just way to valuable to us to be sitting on the bench for long stretches. Easier said then done because he always draws the opponents best player and just the nature of the way he plays and competes leads to some hustle fouls. Just would like to see him pick his spots a little better when he has early fouls.

Really like what Dave and the coaches are doing with this squad, its not always pretty but boy do they compete and play defense.

Go Bison!

unbison
01-17-2015, 07:21 PM
Because they are lacking depth

unbison
01-17-2015, 07:22 PM
It was really nice to see Paul Miller get going again last night. Lately most games it seems hes just been out there, not really hurting us but also not contributing a ton outside of the Omaha game. Dave was talking about how earlier in the week he challenged Paul to be more of a contributor, cant be a freshman anymore and responded very well. When Paul is scoring it really opens the floor up for us.

Kory Brown is one of my favorite players but he needs to stop getting in early foul trouble. He is just way to valuable to us to be sitting on the bench for long stretches. Easier said then done because he always draws the opponents best player and just the nature of the way he plays and competes leads to some hustle fouls. Just would like to see him pick his spots a little better when he has early fouls.

Really like what Dave and the coaches are doing with this squad, its not always pretty but boy do they compete and play defense.

Go Bison!
I love Saul .... But it almost seems as we got a coaching upgrade its early but I see big things in Dave richmans future

BisonNation11
01-17-2015, 07:57 PM
Paul Miller is the future. The kid is silky smooth. Unbelievable at creating his own space to shoot jumpers. Will be a lot of fun to watch him grow.

EndZoneQB
01-17-2015, 08:01 PM
I love Saul .... But it almost seems as we got a coaching upgrade its early but I see big things in Dave richmans future

Agreed. Sav, el chapo, longhorn and I were all talking about that last night at the game.

Snowgoose
01-17-2015, 09:10 PM
Sorry guys but I think coaches need to make some offensive adjustments even though the team is playing pretty good. I just think this team has really good potential this year, way more than we anticipated to start the year. But if we are going to average 5 assists a game and play one on one basketball we will not go as far as we can. The talent on this team is better than we thought initially even though the depth is not there. LA is not distributing at all right now and needless to say this cost us the USD game. We have to figure out an offense besides the weave for 30 seconds and than go one on one and LA has to find a way to average 4 assists a game. Currently he is average 1.8 assists a game and his shooting percentage is dropping this year.

ndsubison1
01-17-2015, 09:19 PM

Cuz were not throwing up bad shots early in the shot clock

unbison
01-17-2015, 10:21 PM
Sorry guys but I think coaches need to make some offensive adjustments even though the team is playing pretty good. I just think this team has really good potential this year, way more than we anticipated to start the year. But if we are going to average 5 assists a game and play one on one basketball we will not go as far as we can. The talent on this team is better than we thought initially even though the depth is not there. LA is not distributing at all right now and needless to say this cost us the USD game. We have to figure out an offense besides the weave for 30 seconds and than go one on one and LA has to find a way to average 4 assists a game. Currently he is average 1.8 assists a game and his shooting percentage is dropping this year.
Are you watching games or simply looking at stats .... As this team moves the ball well in the half court set... Idk what your seeing?

Snowgoose
01-17-2015, 10:25 PM
Did you watch the USD game? We practiced the weave for 30 seconds and then LA went one on one. AJ appeared very annoyed as he would force the drive and AJ would stand there wide open.

Snowgoose
01-17-2015, 10:28 PM
Are you watching games or simply looking at stats .... As this team moves the ball well in the half court set... Idk what your seeing?

If we are moving the ball so well why the last two games did we have 5 assists and 6 assists a game? We have a senior point guard that needs to be able to distribute as well. He is shooting below 40% the last couple of games.

unbison
01-17-2015, 10:28 PM
If we are moving the ball so well why the last two games did we have 5 assists and 6 assists a game? We have a senior point guard that needs to be able to distribute as well. He is shooting below 40% the last couple of games.

Are you watching the games?

HoopsBison
01-17-2015, 10:38 PM
LA has been a beast all season and is the main reason we are at where we are. Without LA we dont even have half the wins we do. Also LA was battling the flu earlier this week, missed both practices leading to the USD game along with the shoot-around. It showed during the USD game, he didn't have his legs under him but he battled his tail off. I dont think anyone on the team is irritated with the way he is playing, he is our captain and is leading this young squad.

Snowgoose
01-17-2015, 10:46 PM
Yes I am watching the games and that is why I think this team has some serious potential and LA is part of why we are doing so well. I am just saying our assists are abnormally low. By the way LA has gone from 4 assists a game his freshman year to 1.8 his senior year and part of that is honestly he is asked to score more this year than in the past, but I feel like he needs to find a balance between scoring and creating for others and the coaches need to help him with that.

You never answered if you watched the USD game and yes I know he had the flu so there is definitely a pass there.

unbison
01-17-2015, 10:49 PM
You better believe I watched .... This team battles hard on both ends....I'd say the biggest thing lowering LA's assist numbers is no post player to feed.... Assist numbers will always be lowered when playing 4 gaurds

Snowgoose
01-17-2015, 10:54 PM
I agree this team battles and that is why I think this team can be really good. Assists don't necessarily go down with no post otherwise the Phoenix suns would have none. You can drive and dish to good outside shooters just as easily especially when the other teams know you are a primary scorer. I will give just one example from the USD game we were down 2 with like 20 seconds left and LA drove into 3 guys with AJ on the wing wide open and no one within ten feet. It was a simple pass and would have possibly giving us the lead. This is a play that needs to be made as it was an easy play. Again I am just pointing this out as I believe we can make the dance with the seven guys that are playing as they are playing pretty well and most importantly a senior point guard.

unbison
01-17-2015, 10:57 PM
I won't say a discouraging word about LA NOT ONE
WE LOVE LA!!

Snowgoose
01-17-2015, 11:15 PM
It is a very hard thing for a point guard to find a balance between being and scorer when needed and a distributor. Kyrie Irving has not found that balance and until he does they won't go anywhere. Now, I am not comparing LA to Kyrie, but our coaches can help him find that balance which will take us to the next level because I believe he is that good. I just meant that the weave at the top of the circle for 30 seconds doesn't necessarily always help his cause either and let's just throw away the USD game as I think that was an anomaly. I believe we beat them by 20 in Fargo with a healthy LA and some minor adjustments.

Ndsu84
01-18-2015, 02:14 AM
We ran the weave for the first 30 seconds and then put up a difficult shot.

I know defense wins but the Bison with a little bit if depth were 40 better than the leathernecks.

Someone complained the place wasn't full...we have 8 season tickets but I'm not driving 2 hours to watch the weave.

ndsubison1
01-18-2015, 07:43 AM
Did you watch the USD game? We practiced the weave for 30 seconds and then LA went one on one. AJ appeared very annoyed as he would force the drive and AJ would stand there wide open.

Yeah theyve been running those dribble hand offs all season for the most part. I didnt watch USD game so cant comment on that. Were running a lot of 4 out, at times we do a lot of one on one. Those hand offs happen to make the defense react quick. We seem to do that until we find a seam. If not we kick it out to an open shooter. I do think weve been moving the ball better than at the beginning. I think weve found an identity. I do think things gets stalled at times though.

Herd12
01-19-2015, 01:54 PM
Yeah theyve been running those dribble hand offs all season for the most part. I didnt watch USD game so cant comment on that. Were running a lot of 4 out, at times we do a lot of one on one. Those hand offs happen to make the defense react quick. We seem to do that until we find a seam. If not we kick it out to an open shooter. I do think weve been moving the ball better than at the beginning. I think weve found an identity. I do think things gets stalled at times though.

Honestly, it's a fantastic job of Richman of coaching to our strengths. With Kory Brown's development, we have 3 guys that get to the rim, and a 4th (Jacobson) that's getting very close to being able to do that too. The 4 out motion stuff drags the opposing bigs out of the lane, makes them move more than they normally would and creates mismatches on switches for our ball handlers. The team is undersized, and Richman's found a way to use that to our advantage. The offense may not be pretty and it might not be as much of a "team" offense as I and others would prefer, but it's a very smart use of our current personnel.

Next season with Eliason, Miller, Wesenberg, Kading and Dex you might see more of the traditional Bison offense that you saw with Tray and Marshall, but for this season Richman's guarding like crazy and dancing with the one's that brung him on offense. I appreciate it.

bisonfan08
01-20-2015, 03:53 PM
If all your seeing is the weave than obviously your not watching the game. This team is fun to watch, they compete, they play fantastic defense and they don't take nearly as many bad shots as we used to. The reason why it looks like the weave now is because it is still new, if you would watch all of the games you'd notice there are many more wrinkles to it now than there were at the beginning of the season and there is only more to build on. This offense is based on catching opponents in the middle of a switch or getting caught in a screen. As the team develops the offense more you will see our post guys getting good position in the block coming off a screen on the baseline, you'll start to see back cuts and fake handoffs and other little nuances that catch the defense trying to predict what's coming at them. We have a lot of young players running a brand new offense and it's been a great job by Richman and the staff to not give them too much right away but to work them into it throughout the season so everything is fine tuned by March. Go ahead and ask anyone if they thought this team would be in 1st place at any point this season and I bet you'll have a tough time finding any takers, I enjoy everything about this team.

I also agree with the statement about Richman, I really think he's gonna do big things at NDSU, I think he is a better coach now than Saul was when he took over and is only going to get better.

Oh and there is nothing wrong with LA's game, if you want a reason to know why his assist numbers are down how about looking how he rarely is the player running the point in this offense anymore. A lot of teams have full court pressed LA and to make sure he can handle playing 35 mpg we just go with Dupree bringing the ball up. It also has to do a lot with the offense we run, I bet if you look at the stats you'll see that our assist to 3 pointers made ratio is pretty damn close. When guys get the ball coming off a screen in this offense they usually are taking one or two dribbles to get into the lane to finish the play, therefore no assist credited. It doesn't mean we aren't passing the ball just that the shot doesn't go up immediately after the pass is received.

Okay I think I'm done now.

ndsubison1
01-20-2015, 07:35 PM
I think Richman is better with Xs and Os than Saul. Saul was a great recruiter but struggled with game plans and adjusting throughout games. Refusing to go small against San Diego St for example.

BisonNation11
01-21-2015, 01:30 AM
Here's a pic of the football team at halftime. Sorry it took so long.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/20/f6f1f1bbb18c114457c975f87c72dee3.jpg