PDA

View Full Version : $3M scholarship donation from Doosan/Bobcat

Hammersmith
01-15-2015, 09:27 PM
$4.5 million total with matching state funds for STEM majors. Cons: STEM building gets a Doosan sign and a Bobcat will set outside.

http://www.inforum.com/news/education/3656507-doosan-bobcat-deliver-matching-grant-ndsus-stem-related-fields

BisBison
01-16-2015, 03:41 AM
Sweet deal for NDSU!! This shows what the state's matching challenge grant program can do. (with the help of the fund raising efforts of the development foundation) to provide funds for scholarships for our students. Let's hope the legislatures in this session aren't spooked by the slide in oil prices and reinstates this program for the next bieneium.

Bison"FANatic"
01-16-2015, 03:14 PM
The more donations like this the better!!!!! That is a amount that will have a impact on many students for years to come.

El_Chapo
01-16-2015, 03:27 PM
copyright sdbison.

why does NDSU have to find sponsors/donations for every dam building?

state of ND hasnt funded a building since 1971!!

Of the $136.7 million in state-funded capital projects that NDSU requested and the system approved, Gov. Jack Dalrymple awarded NDSU just $18 million, for a new veterinary diagnostic lab.

my god

bisonaudit
01-16-2015, 05:18 PM
copyright sdbison.

Of the $136.7 million in state-funded capital projects that NDSU requested and the system approved, Gov. Jack Dalrymple awarded NDSU just $18 million, for a new veterinary diagnostic lab.

my god

So much this.

The situation with the chemistry building is ridiculous and I'm glad The Forum called out the Governor and his terribly weak excuse for not including it in his budget.

StL Bison Fan
01-16-2015, 05:32 PM
So much this.

The situation with the chemistry building is ridiculous and I'm glad The Forum called out the Governor and his terribly weak excuse for not including it in his budget.

He just isn't into chemistry. He does however have pets?

roadwarrior
01-16-2015, 05:43 PM

Two recent ones I can think of: Minard Hall, STEM building

But the governor really screwed up with his budget!

IzzyFlexion
01-16-2015, 08:34 PM
Meanwhile..........a bit closer to the 49th parallel.............

http://www.med.und.edu/construction/index.cfm

Herd80
01-16-2015, 08:46 PM
Interesting timing

Mayo departs...Bobcat money arrives

Complain all you want, but donations for brick and mortar are always going to be an important component of new construction. Now Ladd Hall, that's a different story. That's asinine for health and safety reasons.

North Side
01-16-2015, 09:09 PM
Dunbar really needs help I hope some of the senators at least bring up the issue. Also Sudro Hall needs expansion with increase demand for more nursing students.

Hammersmith
01-16-2015, 09:19 PM
Interesting timing

Mayo departs...Bobcat money arrives

Complain all you want, but donations for brick and mortar are always going to be an important component of new construction. Now Ladd Hall, that's a different story. That's asinine for health and safety reasons.

This had to be in the works for awhile. I think the matching money from the state expired on Jan 1, so this must have be finalized before that. Or maybe I'm completely wrong.

Herd80
01-16-2015, 11:58 PM
This had to be in the works for awhile. I think the matching money from the state expired on Jan 1, so this must have be finalized before that. Or maybe I'm completely wrong.

It had been...definitely. On hold during the sh!tstorm at the Foundation.

MAKBison
01-17-2015, 12:53 AM
This $4.5M provides student schollys for like 80 kids a year for as long as the endowment is in place "in perpetuity"...theoretically forever. This is a major major major deal!

perthbison
01-17-2015, 03:37 AM
This $4.5M provides student schollys for like 80 kids a year for as long as the endowment is in place "in perpetuity"...theoretically forever. This is a major major major deal!
Earlier this fall I traded my 13 year old skidsteer in for a new one. I decided on a bobcat (like the old one) and now I'm doubly glad I did the business with them.

BisBison
01-19-2015, 01:15 AM
It had been...definitely. On hold during the sh!tstorm at the Foundation.
The donation was not on hold just the announcement. This at the request of the donor.