PDA

View Full Version : If Taz isnt drafted...

NDSUSR
01-14-2015, 07:58 PM
He can always have his own tv show. :)

Running Backs
-West tailbacks had a very good day of practice Tuesday. The day was led by John Crockett of North Dakota State who continued to flash a combination of build, physicality and speed. He may be faster than some people believe. His enthusiasm was also a source of entertainment.

-At various points of Monday’s practice, South Dakota State tailback Zach Zenner did not look as if he belonged. He successfully flipped the script on Tuesday. Zenner maintained his quiet, serious demeanor, but coaches had to appreciate the consistency of his receiving and running work, as well as his competitiveness. He did his job, and even showed some interesting athleticism. Crockett’s competitiveness (and constant yammering) may have rubbed off on Zenner. On one particular run, after a little bit of contact, instead of pulling up and going back to the huddle Zenner decided to challenge Stanford safety Jordan Richards to a speed duel. Richards looked as if he were expecting Zenner to pull up, and when he realized Zenner had no intention of doing so until he had run 80 yards to the end zone he also reached down and tried to flash his speed. The FCS player won the speed duel, and John Crockett (beaming with FCS pride) let everyone on the field know it.

RB is a bundle of energy. Can't say how many times he's run 50 yards downfield to congratulate a teammate on a play.

Most intriguing RB at West #shrinegame (https://twitter.com/hashtag/shrinegame?src=hash) practice running routes is clearly John Crockett. Just too fast. LBs are at a total loss.

John Crockett is this year's motivation team leader for the West Squad.”

Lions just met with NDSU RB John Crockett. He does not lack confidence.

ndsubison1
01-14-2015, 08:01 PM
Crockett used to play bball at the Wellness Center two years ago. It was really entertaining.

ZHerd
01-14-2015, 08:07 PM
This game is shaping up for the West to run a lot because all three QB's are apparently playing atrociously

NDSUSR
01-14-2015, 08:09 PM
This game is shaping up for the West to run a lot because all three QB's are apparently playing atrociously

The scouting reports on the QBs have been brutal.

KSBisonFan
01-14-2015, 08:53 PM
The scouting reports on the QBs have been brutal.

Who are the QB's on the rosters? If they're so bad, we know Crockett can chuck the pigskin.

EC8CH
01-14-2015, 09:03 PM
He can always have his own tv show. :)

Running Backs
-West tailbacks had a very good day of practice Tuesday. The day was led by John Crockett of North Dakota State who continued to flash a combination of build, physicality and speed. He may be faster than some people believe. His enthusiasm was also a source of entertainment.

-At various points of Monday’s practice, South Dakota State tailback Zach Zenner did not look as if he belonged. He successfully flipped the script on Tuesday. Zenner maintained his quiet, serious demeanor, but coaches had to appreciate the consistency of his receiving and running work, as well as his competitiveness. He did his job, and even showed some interesting athleticism. Crockett’s competitiveness (and constant yammering) may have rubbed off on Zenner. On one particular run, after a little bit of contact, instead of pulling up and going back to the huddle Zenner decided to challenge Stanford safety Jordan Richards to a speed duel. Richards looked as if he were expecting Zenner to pull up, and when he realized Zenner had no intention of doing so until he had run 80 yards to the end zone he also reached down and tried to flash his speed. The FCS player won the speed duel, and John Crockett (beaming with FCS pride) let everyone on the field know it.

RB is a bundle of energy. Can't say how many times he's run 50 yards downfield to congratulate a teammate on a play.

Most intriguing RB at West #shrinegame (https://twitter.com/hashtag/shrinegame?src=hash) practice running routes is clearly John Crockett. Just too fast. LBs are at a total loss.

John Crockett is this year's motivation team leader for the West Squad.”

Lions just met with NDSU RB John Crockett. He does not lack confidence.

At the end of the day, I think I'm going to miss John Crockett the most from this year's class. But at the end of the day I think he's gonna do just fine at the next level.

ndsubison1
01-14-2015, 09:12 PM
Who are the QB's on the rosters? If they're so bad, we know Crockett can chuck the pigskin.

Taylor Kelly was pretty good for AZ State this year. I think Dylan Thompson of S. Car is one. Dont remember the 3rd one on the West roster.

Hammerhead
01-14-2015, 09:12 PM

Cody Fajardo 6'2" 215 University of Nevada
Taylor Kelly 6'2" 205 Arizona State University
Dylan Thompson 6'3" 220 University of South Carolina (Since when is S. Carolina in the west?)

http://www.shrinegame.com/en/Teams

MrSnuffleupagus
01-14-2015, 09:36 PM
Zenner, although a good athlete, is boring as *@#$. He would be a great Condo salesman.

17>1
01-14-2015, 09:50 PM
At the end of the day, I think I'm going to miss John Crockett the most from this year's class. But at the end of the day I think he's gonna do just fine at the next level.

I see what you did there ;)

daddy daycare
01-14-2015, 10:12 PM
I'm pulling for crock obviously but (don't shoot me) I'd like to see ZZ do well and get a shot. Once the playing days are over I have no problems rooting for him or any other Mvfc/FCS stud.

That being said keep pounding it Johnny. Can't teach that passion.

MNLonghorn10
01-14-2015, 10:23 PM
I'm pulling for crock obviously but (don't shoot me) I'd like to see ZZ do well and get a shot. Once the playing days are over I have no problems rooting for him or any other Mvfc/FCS stud.

That being said keep pounding it Johnny. Can't teach that passion.

SoCalleds brother?

oldmantutters
01-14-2015, 11:09 PM
I've been saying it for awhile now. Once Crockett's time at the next level is done, whether it be the first round of cuts at training camp or after a 6 year career, he needs to be on NDSUs coaching staff. He would be the ultimate recruiter, he's got so much charisma and so much passion for NDSU, who wouldn't file that guy into battle

A1pigskin
01-15-2015, 12:06 AM
I've been saying it for awhile now. Once Crockett's time at the next level is done, whether it be the first round of cuts at training camp or after a 6 year career, he needs to be on NDSUs coaching staff. He would be the ultimate recruiter, he's got so much charisma and so much passion for NDSU, who wouldn't file that guy into battle

And a great story to tell about success.

bisonridge
01-15-2015, 03:11 AM
Loved watching the "Day with JC" in Frisco. Reminded my how much I am going to miss this kid

Bison_Pride
01-15-2015, 03:32 AM
Interview with JC

http://www.footballinsiders.com/video-john-crockett-at-the-2015-shrine-game/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

IzzyFlexion
01-15-2015, 11:34 AM
SoCalleds adopted brother from Uruguay? *

*EWYP (effed with yer post)

Bisonville GasMan
01-15-2015, 01:43 PM
Loved watching the "Day with JC" in Frisco. Reminded my how much I am going to miss this kid
Can anyone post a link to this? I'm assuming it's somewhere on GoBison....?

17>1
01-15-2015, 01:58 PM

NDSU Athletics on YouTube should have it. Also has Day in Frisco videos of Kyle and Coach Hedberg as well.

Bison-Knuckle
01-15-2015, 02:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8DL8AuQSgWc

Herd
01-15-2015, 02:30 PM
There will never be another John Crockett. Can we get a 6th year for him? Blessings John!

BisonFanAnn
01-15-2015, 02:39 PM
Interview with JC

http://www.footballinsiders.com/video-john-crockett-at-the-2015-shrine-game/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Thanks for posting this - John represents the Bison well on a national stage, on and off the field.

bisonp
01-15-2015, 02:54 PM
Last year I considered Crockett as an long shot for the NFL. I thought Sam was better. But he really came into his own this year and seemed to find another gear. Great to see him succeed, he's earned it.

unbison
01-15-2015, 02:57 PM
Last year I considered Crockett as an long shot for the NFL. I thought Sam was better. But he really came into his own this year and seemed to find another gear. Great to see him succeed, he's earned it.
I think you just opened your eyes.... And running backs often excel when they get the bulk of the carries

bisonp
01-15-2015, 04:38 PM
I think you just opened your eyes.... And running backs often excel when they get the bulk of the carries

Maybe, but it sure seemed like he had better breakaway speed and showed more power and patience between the tackles this year.

marenlee
01-15-2015, 05:48 PM
Maybe, but it sure seemed like he had better breakaway speed and showed more power and patience between the tackles this year.

He was playing hurt last year. That would explain the lack of breakaway speed.

unbison
01-15-2015, 09:26 PM
Crockett to Seattle if for no other reason to do rb interview for the teAm

Bison 4 Life
01-15-2015, 11:49 PM
He was playing hurt last year. That would explain the lack of breakaway speed.

Perhaps a different RB coach as well?

MNLonghorn10
01-15-2015, 11:54 PM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10906041_10153072459994532_3985174282544726519_n.j pg?oh=95f99b1dc71aae260438a432bc9ebc0a&oe=552F1697

2015 Shrine Game- The Bison Belong

John Crockett's locker at the East/West Shrine Game is stationed next to a player from Texas. Pretty awesome to see the Bison helmet hanging next to the Longhorn helmet.

http://replygif.net/i/931.gif

NDSUstudent
01-16-2015, 12:15 AM
Crockett really improved this year, he was already very good but he made the transition to being great this year. It was like Billy Turner last year, guy was already a stud but took his game to another level his senior year. It is that work ethic that will get him drafted.

The thing is with so many great backs in the MVFC Crock kind of slid under the radar but like all great players do he shined when he was under the spotlight in playoff time.

CaBisonFan
01-16-2015, 12:18 AM
Crockett really, really got some tough yards in the title game. It helped us to control the ball.

westnodak93bison
01-16-2015, 12:21 AM
Crockett really improved this year, he was already very good but he made the transition to being great this year. It was like Billy Turner last year, guy was already a stud but took his game to another level his senior year. It is that work ethic that will get him drafted.

The thing is with so many great backs in the MVFC Crock kind of slid under the radar but like all great players do he shined when he was under the spotlight in playoff time.

JC seemed to run with a lower center of gravity or "behind his pads". He didn't get knocked back very often and usually moved forward after contact. He has good hands and really improved at picking up the blitz. All very important at the next level.

MNLonghorn10
01-16-2015, 12:59 AM

I wouldnt compare anyone to Billy Turner. Hes a 4 year LT if it wasnt for another NFL player on the line, and getting drafted high in the 3rd round(probably couldve been 2nd rounder but thats for another day). Turners probably the most dominating player in Bison history. I'd be interested in seeing the list of those whod be ahead of him.

Not getting beat anytime is insane. But you could tell Turner was going to be a once in a lifetime player his freshman year when we were all asking "how the hell did NDSU get him??"

scottietohottie
01-16-2015, 01:08 AM
Crockett really, really got some tough yards in the title game. It helped us to control the ball.

He also knocked that cocky tight end out of the game!

TAILG8R
01-16-2015, 01:18 AM
He also knocked that cocky tight end out of the game!

?????? Refresh my memory.

semobison
01-16-2015, 01:23 AM
I wouldnt compare anyone to Billy Turner. Hes a 4 year LT if it wasnt for another NFL player on the line, and getting drafted high in the 3rd round(probably couldve been 2nd rounder but thats for another day). Turners probably the most dominating player in Bison history. I'd be interested in seeing the list of those whod be ahead of him.

Not getting beat anytime is insane. But you could tell Turner was going to be a once in a lifetime player his freshman year when we were all asking "how the hell did NDSU get him??"

The list starts with Phil Hansen, 2nd round pick of the Bills who made the NFL all rookie team in 91. Phil's senior year as a Bison was still the most dominant performance I have ever seen from a Bison player regardless of the strength of the competition. That being said, Billy was pretty badass last year!

EC8CH
01-16-2015, 01:25 AM

That's OK... Their tight end doesn't remember it either.

TAILG8R
01-16-2015, 01:27 AM
That's OK... Their tight end doesn't remember it either.

Lol. Literally made me laugh sitting at the bar.

NDSUstudent
01-16-2015, 01:37 AM

I was only comparing him to Billy in that he got noticeably better as a senior. Billy was definitely more dominate as a player, his senior season was amazing. Definitely the most dominate I've seen with Lamar Gordon at #2.

Bisonator98
01-16-2015, 01:42 AM
The list starts with Phil Hansen, 2nd round pick of the Bills who made the NFL all rookie team in 91. Phil's senior year as a Bison was still the most dominant performance I have ever seen from a Bison player regardless of the strength of the competition. That being said, Billy was pretty badass last year!

Actually the list starts with Steve Nelson.

bisonridge
01-16-2015, 01:43 AM

It was more of when the tight end knocked himself out trying to tackle JC

scottietohottie
01-16-2015, 01:46 AM
I watched that hit ten times today John new he poped him he turns around and looks at him before heading to sideline dude got jacked up better just stick to offense can't tackle.

Bison 4 Life
01-16-2015, 01:50 AM
I watched that hit ten times today John new he poped him he turns around and looks at him before heading to sideline dude got jacked up better just stick to offense can't tackle.
That's what you get when you lead with your helmet.

HerdBoy
01-16-2015, 03:47 AM
That's what you get when you lead with your helmet.

and your chin.

AKBison
01-16-2015, 01:37 PM
I Kind of felt bad for the guy. They were a minute away from the Natty and the ISU sideline is going nuts. The next thing he remembers is getting on the bus after the game and someone says, "dude we lost." Had to have been a wtf moment for him.

bisonaudit
01-16-2015, 01:40 PM
I Kind of felt bad for the guy. They were a minute away from the Natty and the ISU sideline is going nuts. The next thing he remembers is getting on the bus after the game and someone says, dude we lost. Had to have been a wtf moment for him.

He may not have remembered it the first 6 or 8 times they told him. That's no fun for anyone either.

17>1
01-17-2015, 01:03 AM
Something that my dad has asked me a few times and I haven't been able to give a clear answer on, how many times did John fumble this year? I remember he had a fumble in the playoffs but he recovered it himself I believe. At least I know the PA guy in the dome said there was a fumble on the play.

BisonCountry
01-17-2015, 01:32 AM
Something that my dad has asked me a few times and I haven't been able to give a clear answer on, how many times did John fumble this year? I remember he had a fumble in the playoffs but he recovered it himself I believe. At least I know the PA guy in the dome said there was a fumble on the play.
His only fumble was against Sam Houston and he recovered it. Team fumbled 17 times losing 6.

17>1
01-17-2015, 01:35 AM
His only fumble was against Sam Houston and he recovered it. Team fumbled 17 times losing 6.

Thanks!! That's pretty impressive considering the amount of carries he had this year.

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 09:48 AM
(I also posted this in the Shrine game thread)

John had a very good week:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2015-01-16/nfl-draft-90th-east-west-shrine-game-practice-john-crockett-justin-coleman-damian-swann

He has definitely made an impression.

BYZEN
01-17-2015, 01:38 PM
John will be the starting RB for the West team today. :judges:

A1pigskin
01-17-2015, 01:41 PM
John will be the starting RB for the West team today. :judges:

Awesome!!!

scottietohottie
01-18-2015, 03:07 AM
Just look at his first run as a Bison. I liked this year against coastal when they reviewed one of his td runs he just stood on the field with hands on his hips staring down the defense that was awesome. I got a video on my phone of John after natty win standing next to team looking out at crowd wiping tears out of his eyes but I used Snapchat and just saved it to phone and when I try and post it here it just says invalid file. His football days aren't done. I'm not sure what IT is but he seems to have IT.

StL Bison Fan
01-18-2015, 03:40 AM
Just look at his first run as a Bison. I liked this year against coastal when they reviewed one of his td runs he just stood on the field with hands on his hips staring down the defense that was awesome. I got a video on my phone of John after natty win standing next to team looking out at crowd wiping tears out of his eyes but I used Snapchat and just saved it to phone and when I try and post it here it just says invalid file. His football days aren't done. I'm not sure what IT is but he seems to have IT.

I think the IT is the sheer joy of playing. You can feel it. He loves football. They mentioned that this week in one of the write ups.

EC8CH
01-18-2015, 03:42 AM
I think the IT is the sheer joy of playing. You can feel it. He loves football. They mentioned that this week in one of the write ups.

And we all love watching him play football! Go Taz.

ndsubison1
01-18-2015, 07:01 AM

He looks the part. He has the speed, physicality, he can run routes and catch. He can run effectively side to side and north-south. Pass blocking will have to improve, but he did do better with that this season