PDA

View Full Version : justin buckwalter out 4 season

lakesbison
08-31-2006, 06:01 PM
bohl said this at luncheon!!!!

dam bad news..... back just isnt responding to treatment, it was tough, but he just has to hang it up

Scooter
08-31-2006, 06:11 PM
Crap!!!! But, your health is more important than bison football. *Good luck Justin, "Once a Bison....."

Thanks for the update, Lakes.

FargoBison
08-31-2006, 06:44 PM
Sorry to hear that about Justin, he was a solid anchor for the O-Line this year. It sounds like he had to hang it up due to the same injury Mark Sanders suffered back in 2004. Must be something with right guards! Good luck Justin...Once a Bison, Always a Bison!!

mn-bison
08-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Going to be a big loss, a lot of experiance gone... Maybe something to rally around (in addition to Shamen's injury)

semobison
08-31-2006, 10:51 PM
Im a little confused. Is he out for the year, (medical redshirt) or is he done for good? He will be missed either way, but it would be nice to have him back next year.

Dakota
09-01-2006, 03:07 AM
bohl said this at luncheon!!!!

dam bad news..... back just isnt responding to treatment, it was tough, but he just has to hang it up
THE FOX!!!!!!!!!

Bisonguy
09-01-2006, 03:45 AM
Im a little confused. Is he out for the year, (medical redshirt) or is he done for good? He will be missed either way, but it would be nice to have him back next year.

Done for good.

kchats
09-01-2006, 04:01 AM
I hope for Justin's sake the injury is something that can be dealt with by physical therapy and exercise instead of surgery. I am hopeful that he lives a life that isn't affected by the injury and wish him well in all of his endeavors.

sambini
09-01-2006, 04:20 AM
Crap!!!! But, your health is more important than bison football. *Good luck Justin, "Once a Bison....."

Thanks for the update, Lakes.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

bison73
09-01-2006, 07:05 AM
Hey fella's, I just wanted to thank you for your support of bison football. *I read this board all the time just because I love to read about all you die hard bison fans and how much you can't get enough of Bison Football. *Bison Football is truly special, and it was the hardest deision in my life I have ever had to make, and I appreciate your support! *Once, again, I thank you for all of your support, and Thank You for being such great fans!

Sincerely,

Justin Buckwalter OG #73-2003=2005

GFBisonFan
09-01-2006, 07:59 AM
Thank you for all you did for Bison football. *Good luck to you and everything you do in the future. *You are welcome anytime to add to the board. *It is great to get the unique, player's view of how things are. *Sorry to hear about the injury and the hard decision you had to make. *Hope you get 100% better!!

Once a bison.....

tony
09-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Hope you get back to 100% soon, Justin! It sure was fun watching the offensive line push people around for the last three years.

BisonMav
09-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Thanks for all you gave to Bison football.
Here's to a full recovery.

WYOBISONMAN
09-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Justin......I am damn proud to have you representing my alma mater. *You are in our thoughts and prayers as you recover from your back issue. *Thanks for what you have done for NDSU and Bison Football. *You are a CLASS ACT!

markerman
09-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Great job in your tenure at SU, Bucky. You will be sorely missed on the O-Line. It was a very mature decision to make in regards to looking at your future versus the present. I commend you on that. I know it may be overused, but Once a Bison, Always a Bison.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
09-02-2006, 12:28 AM
[Justin, take it from an old Offensive Lineman (30 yrs ago) ( yes we had facemasks) Your decision while difficult, was correct. Football is a small chapter of your life, I know you will have great memories of your days as a Bison, but the days that lay ahead of you with a wife and children are far more rewarding. Congrats on your accomplishments here at NDSU!!

Take care of that back and best of luck to you in your future endeavours.

quote author=bison73 link=1157047264/0#9 date=1157094314]Hey fella's, I just wanted to thank you for your support of bison football. *I read this board all the time just because I love to read about all you die hard bison fans and how much you can't get enough of Bison Football. *Bison Football is truly special, and it was the hardest deision in my life I have ever had to make, and I appreciate your support! *Once, again, I thank you for all of your support, and Thank You for being such great fans!

Sincerely,

Justin Buckwalter OG #73-2003=2005[/quote]

Bisonguy
09-02-2006, 12:34 AM
Justin,

Thanks for the all you did on the field, and all the hard work that it took to get there. Best wishes for your future!!!

SDbison
09-02-2006, 01:13 AM
Thanks Justin for all your hard work and contributions to the Bison football program. I heard the news at the TeamMaker luncheon yesterday and was immediately saddened to hear things would not get better. I was pulling for you (no pun intended) and hoped somehow your back would heal. As a former right guard myself, I know you will always remember the competition on the line and being part of some great plays. I talked with your mom before yesterday's game and recalled how I first heard about you from your mom and sister during the satellite broadcast of the Montana game at the Sports Page in Tea, SD. You were just a Freshman then and they were so proud of you and wanted for you to see as much action as possible in that game. Now I find myself wishing that I could have seen you play one more season for the Bison. You did an outstanding job and I am sure your success on the field will be duplicated in your career. Hope you return to 100 percent soon.
P.S.: Keep pushing the rest of the team from the sideline and we will do so from the stands. Best of luck to you.

Bisondad
09-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Hi Bucky;

Congrats on a great career. At this point in your life, this was an agonizing decision, but I think you made the right one. I could hardly listen to your Dad when he told me your decision. Tough day for him and your Mom also. But you've got a great family, and lots of living to do, so I'm happy for you. It's been great to get to know you guys and looking forward to the rest of the year. Hope you get that back fixed up soon.

Bisondad and Mrs Bisondad

Bisondad
09-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Ooopps! forgot to add Grandma and Grandpa Q

broke_back_mnt
09-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Hey Justin get well and good luck in the future. We are all pulling for you. :)

SDSUFAN
09-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Bucky:
We would have loved to see you as a Jack. Sorry to hear that your career has ended in the manner it has. Hang in there and get that degree and go from there to a good life. That degree is a union card that will open many doors. *Football is a small part of life, but a part that I never experienced at the college level. So feel fortunate that you had the opportunity.*Good luck

A Jack fan

Less than 20 miles from Lake Preston SD.

Bisonguy
09-07-2006, 11:27 PM
There will be a feature on Justin Buckwalter tonight on the 10:00 WDAY sports.

www.wday.com for those that aren't within TV range.