PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Coaches

Herd12
01-13-2015, 01:32 PM
I know it might be unrealistic and even a little arrogant to think that something I write on this board would read by the coaching staff but I want to take just a quick moment to thank the coaching staff. What they accomplished between the night that Coach Bohl announced he was going to Wyoming and right now is remarkable and one of the key turning points in program history. Holding together last year's recruiting class, winning the 2013 title and taking this team to the 2014 title with one loss is, to me, more impressive than anything Bohl ever did.

I specifically want to thank Coaches Klieman, Goeser, Polasek, Kramer, Riley and Roehl. These men are the coaches that knew and understood what Gene Taylor and Craig Bohl built here. These are the coaches that maintained the status quo. These are the coaches that maintained the standard of excellence that is North Dakota State football. I mean absoutely no disrespect to the other coaches on the staff that came from other programs, but these men define "Those Who Stay.....".

Thank you Coach Klieman and staff!

Professor Chaos
01-13-2015, 03:09 PM
I believe it was Bohl himself that said sustaining success is more difficult than building it so what you're saying probably does hold some merit. Bohl and company still deserve credit for building the D1 foundation but it truly is an amazing accomplishment by this coaching staff to have kept things going at such a high level. After hearing Entz's comments on the Klieman Show I think it's more evident than ever that the thing that drives these coaches and players is the past success. No one, coaches included, wants to be "that guy" that allowed the run to end and it's what motivates them year after year and keeps the complacency away. It's a remarkable thing we're all witness to right now.

Kermit
01-13-2015, 04:36 PM
We want Klieman! We want Klieman!

Bison03
01-13-2015, 04:38 PM
I remember Bohl saying when he left that the next coach will have success and be better then him. It's obviously early on in coach K's career but to do what he did in year 1 is pretty amazing. Like Klieman said this weekend, the coaches and players may change but the culture never will. NDSU football has now won 12 national championships with 7 different head coaches. It has been, and never will be 1 sole person responsible for all the success. It is a culture that had been built over decades.

1bizon1
01-13-2015, 05:03 PM
LOL....I was going to start a the same thread only with a "little twist" added to it. I want to thank the wives/families as well for all that they have to put up with also. Missed time with families is very hard!

Grizzled
01-14-2015, 02:36 AM
Thanks to Brian Gordon for the last 8 or 9 years here. Does a lot besides equipment related items. Handles logistics, etc. Best if luck in Florida Brian.

56BISON73
01-14-2015, 02:41 AM
Thanks to Brian Gordon for the last 8 or 9 years here. Does a lot besides equipment related items. Handles logistics, etc. Best if luck in Florida Brian.

Hes leaving?

BadlandsBison
01-14-2015, 01:56 PM
We want Klieman! We want Klieman!
We want Klieman!

Btw, let's get the individual senior thank you threads rolling. Gabe?

Bisonator98
01-14-2015, 03:33 PM
Yes thanks to all of the coaches on great season!

SDbison
01-14-2015, 04:31 PM
What are the chances none of NDSU's current football coaches get lured away by FBS teams during the off season?

Herd12
01-14-2015, 05:31 PM
Honestly, slim to none. Klieman isn't going anywhere and neither are Polasek (be hard to explain to his family) or Entz (not sure he's done enough). Position coaches are mostly young(ish) guys that Klieman was able to throw together. If they have another successful season next year you might see it (especially with Coach Riley), but I think the current group is safe. NDSU is now at the point where their coaches aren't going to make lateral moves to other FCS schools.

BisonNeil
01-14-2015, 05:45 PM

News to me. What's he doing? Where is he going?

IBleedYellow
01-14-2015, 07:03 PM
We need to keep paying Kramer more money!