PDA

View Full Version : East-West Shrine Game

Pages : [1] 2

ndsubison1
01-12-2015, 06:40 AM
Saturday at 3:00 on NFL Network.

Crockett and Emanuel on the West Roster.

Other Notable names:
West:
Xavier Williams, DT UNI
Zach Zenner, SDSU
BJ Finney, C KSU
Blake Bell, TE Oklahoma
MyCole Pruitt, TE SIU
Taylor Kelly, QB Arizona St
AJ Tarpley, LB Stanford
Tevin McDonald, S EWU

East Roster:
Devin Gardner, WR Michigan
Kenny Hilliard, RB LSU
Taylor Heincke, QB ODU
Hutson Mason, QB Georgia

ZHerd
01-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Kinda fun getting to see Crockett, Pruitt and Zenner play on the same offense. Actually, with Williams and KE the west roster looks a bit like an MVC pro bowl squad. I want to watch this game

Bisonator98
01-12-2015, 01:18 PM
Good luck to Crockett and Emanuel. Hope both those guys impress!

THEsocalledfan
01-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Good luck to Crockett and Emanuel. Hope both those guys impress!

I will also be cheering for Zenner; solid young man from everything I've heard.

SDbison
01-12-2015, 06:49 PM
I will also be cheering for Zenner; solid young man from everything I've heard. That's OK........we all know you have become an SDSU fan too.

THEsocalledfan
01-12-2015, 06:53 PM
That's OK........we all know you have become an SDSU fan too.

More that he can no longer hurt NDSU; no reason not to cheer for him.

MAKBison
01-12-2015, 07:16 PM
I find myself pulling for all the FCS guys

ZHerd
01-12-2015, 07:24 PM
I find myself pulling for all the FCS guys

Me too, it's good for FCS for guys to land in the pros. I also think it is neat that the West team is all the MVC guys. I hope team West dishes out a beat down

SDbison
01-12-2015, 07:31 PM
More that he can no longer hurt NDSU; no reason not to cheer for him. Just want to keep reminding everyone about your bunny love.

THEsocalledfan
01-12-2015, 07:46 PM
Just want to keep reminding everyone about your bunny love.

LOL perhaps that is true. (For the record, I am a bit amazed by what they've done since moving to D1 with nowhere near NDSU resources.) With that said, I am pretty intrigued to see him against top level talent. I never thought he had a chance in the pros, but I started changing my mind this year. I think he may have the very "slippery" 3rd down type of back ability. Guys usually don't get really solid shots at him; that is something you can't teach. If he could become a good pass blocker, just maybe he can make it.

Wally
01-12-2015, 09:16 PM
At least Zenner can't lose to another team with NDSU players on it. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em:)

MN_Moose
01-12-2015, 10:33 PM
A big NDSU fan Ryan Slick L will be on the sidelines. And the CEO of Shrine International is from up the road / down river.

HoopsBison
01-13-2015, 02:40 AM
Saw some positive comments on Twitter from scouts regarding both Kyle and John, keep it up boys!

tjbison
01-13-2015, 02:46 AM
Couple guys said Crockett is very vocal leader and performed the best on the west of the RB ' S

I'm thinking playing a game Saturday might help him

EightyfourBison
01-13-2015, 04:13 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-01-12/2015-shrine-game-nfl-prospects-mock-draft-tyeler-davison-kasen-williams-malcolm-brown

Comments about JC.

13. Jonathan Crockett, RB, North Dakota State

A respected small school runner at one of the country’s best FCS schools, Crocket has carried the load for the Bison the past two seasons. Able to gain speed quickly initially, Crockett is a fluid athlete in space and adjusts against tacklers to elude defenders at the second level. He keeps his hips tight through an initial hole, but does play a bit sporadic laterally when the initial hole isn’t apparent, and could stand to be more patient as he works on the edge more.

SanDakotaState
01-13-2015, 07:58 PM
Justin Higdon ‏@afc2nfc
John Crockett is the length of the field away from him and I heard him yelling "FCS in the house" and "FCS baby" cheering on Zach Zenner

citdog
01-13-2015, 08:08 PM
Ozamataz Buckshank from Stanford is a standout.

bisonpride4ever
01-13-2015, 08:10 PM
Quatro Quatro looks good. Sounds like a good Bison player.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

StL Bison Fan
01-14-2015, 03:41 AM
Some of Day2 for the west.
@FBallGameplan: Here's a look at the footage from the West Team practice today at the #ShrineGame --> https://t.co/pq5F2GvIDA

DjKyRo
01-14-2015, 03:59 AM
Quatro Quatro looks good. Sounds like a good Bison player.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

I've always liked the swagger brought to the field by Wisconsin product D'Glester Hardunkachud.

ZHerd
01-14-2015, 04:15 AM
According to this, as of day two Crockett is looking like the best RB on West squad
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2015/01/2015-east-west-shrine-game-notes-day-2-west-practice/

BisonFan02
01-14-2015, 04:30 AM
According to this, as of day two Crockett is looking like the best RB on West squad
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2015/01/2015-east-west-shrine-game-notes-day-2-west-practice/

I guess Xavier Williams played for Northern Illinois now?

ZHerd
01-14-2015, 12:57 PM
I guess Xavier Williams played for Northern Illinois now?

Ha, I wish he had

marenlee
01-14-2015, 01:19 PM
So the best defensive player in the FCS wasn't good enough for an invite to the Senior Bowl? I wouldn't be surprised if he's an alternate. But come on.

DePereBisonFan
01-14-2015, 01:58 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-01-12/2015-shrine-game-nfl-prospects-mock-draft-tyeler-davison-kasen-williams-malcolm-brown

Comments about JC.

13. Jonathan Crockett, RB, North Dakota State

A respected small school runner at one of the country’s best FCS schools, Crocket has carried the load for the Bison the past two seasons. Able to gain speed quickly initially, Crockett is a fluid athlete in space and adjusts against tacklers to elude defenders at the second level. He keeps his hips tight through an initial hole, but does play a bit sporadic laterally when the initial hole isn’t apparent, and could stand to be more patient as he works on the edge more.

Really? lol...

Bisonator98
01-14-2015, 03:30 PM
Wow the field conditions look like crap.. hope nobody gets hurt down there.

EightyfourBison
01-14-2015, 03:50 PM
More on Crockett.

5. North Dakota State RB John Crockett likes to talk. Crockett (6-0, 215) helped North Dakota State win its fourth consecutive FCS championship Saturday afternoon in Frisco, Texas, a Dallas suburb. He flew to Tampa after the game, arriving at around 3 a.m. Sunday, he said. But he certainly didn't appear tired during Monday's afternoon practice, when he could be heard chattering good-naturedly after -- and sometimes during -- plays. He said other players told him they enjoyed his talkative ways, and he admitted that he had some fun talking with (and about) players from big-name schools. "It's fun to bang around and run around with them big boys," said Crockett, who vowed to continue his garrulous ways all week. Besides being talkative, Crockett is talented. He ran for 1,974 yards and 21 TDs this season, and finished his career with 4,309 rushing yards. Crockett also is a solid receiver and looks to be a third-day selection.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000457376/article/mayock-5-linemen-impressive-in-first-shrine-game-practices

BisonFan02
01-14-2015, 07:24 PM
http://optimumscouting.com/draft/2015-shrine-game-day-two-west-practice-notes.html

Running Backs
-West tailbacks had a very good day of practice Tuesday. The day was led by John Crockett of North Dakota State who continued to flash a combination of build, physicality and speed. He may be faster than some people believe. His enthusiasm was also a source of entertainment.

-At various points of Monday’s practice, South Dakota State tailback Zach Zenner did not look as if he belonged. He successfully flipped the script on Tuesday. Zenner maintained his quiet, serious demeanor, but coaches had to appreciate the consistency of his receiving and running work, as well as his competitiveness. He did his job, and even showed some interesting athleticism. Crockett’s competitiveness (and constant yammering) may have rubbed off on Zenner. On one particular run, after a little bit of contact, instead of pulling up and going back to the huddle Zenner decided to challenge Stanford safety Jordan Richards to a speed duel. Richards looked as if he were expecting Zenner to pull up, and when he realized Zenner had no intention of doing so until he had run 80 yards to the end zone he also reached down and tried to flash his speed. The FCS player won the speed duel, and John Crockett (beaming with FCS pride) let everyone on the field know it.

StL Bison Fan
01-14-2015, 07:28 PM
And after the nfl, John goes straight to the broadcast booth...

Bisonator98
01-14-2015, 07:43 PM

He and Polasek go on a motivational speaking tour.:biggrin:

thebootfitter
01-14-2015, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I could see that. Not surprising at all at what is being written about him. He's got such great character and has shown great resiliency to get where he is today. I can only imagine where that will take him in life -- NFL or not.

StL Bison Fan
01-14-2015, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I could see that. Not surprising at all at what is being written about him. He's got such great character and has shown great resiliency to get where he is today. I can only imagine where that will take him in life -- NFL or not.
His mom thought it was pretty funny when I told her broadcasting was in his future. But she agreed.

Bisonator98
01-14-2015, 08:12 PM
Are any of these workouts or practices televised on the NFL network?

Bison Gal
01-14-2015, 08:20 PM
His mom thought it was pretty funny when I told her broadcasting was in his future. But she agreed.

Omg.....JC would kill it in broadcasting.......he'd be fun to watch.

bisonsupporter
01-14-2015, 08:24 PM
http://walterfootball.com/eastwest2015.php

Mentions JC and ZZ are doing well. KE had a couple good plays. This also mentions what teams want to setup meetings with these guys.

Bison 4 Life
01-14-2015, 08:32 PM
Weirdest thing I learned today - there's another Taiwan Jones out there.

tolnabison
01-14-2015, 08:52 PM
A combine invite would go a long ways for Johnny to get drafted. I just don't see him getting one. David Johnson and Zack Zenner will probably be the only FCS running backs to get one. I doubt they will offer three FCS running backs.

StL Bison Fan
01-14-2015, 09:03 PM
A combine invite would go a long ways for Johnny to get drafted. I just don't see him getting one. David Johnson and Zack Zenner will probably be the only FCS running backs to get one. I doubt they will offer three FCS running backs.

From the write ups posted, it almost sounds like zz didn't want to be there. Sounded dull.

NDSUSR
01-14-2015, 09:23 PM
Is Zenner serious about going pro? I thought he was accepted to med school and planned on going.

Dakotaboy
01-15-2015, 01:04 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2330231-2015-east-west-shrine-game-day-3-scouting-notebook

"I'm not sure fans have ever asked me about a specific prospect as much as North Dakota State running back John Crockett. Dude is fast. We're talking gears on top of gears. Numerous NFL teams would surround him after every practice, and he's almost assured of a spot on a roster in a few months. He's a bit of a straight-up-and-down runner, but he's got enough lateral athleticism to make guys miss even if he's providing a bigger target."

CAS4127
01-15-2015, 01:34 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2330231-2015-east-west-shrine-game-day-3-scouting-notebook

"I'm not sure fans have ever asked me about a specific prospect as much as North Dakota State running back John Crockett. Dude is fast. We're talking gears on top of gears. Numerous NFL teams would surround him after every practice, and he's almost assured of a spot on a roster in a few months. He's a bit of a straight-up-and-down runner, but he's got enough lateral athleticism to make guys miss even if he's providing a bigger target."

Makes you wonder if we used him correctly by running him up the middle so much with our blocking/running scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westnodak93bison
01-15-2015, 02:01 AM
Makes you wonder if we used him correctly by running him up the middle so much with our blocking/running scheme.

CC did a nice job of being patient then bouncing outside for big gains. I kind of wish we had a 3rd scat back like Sigers for our arsenal. Wouldn't that be deadly in our 3 back set?

ZHerd
01-15-2015, 02:16 AM
This guy has some interesting day 3 notes. No mention of KE good or bad. Sounds like Crockett and Zenner have become buds out there.
http://football.realgm.com/analysis/2585/Shrine-Game-Practice-Wednesday-West-Notes

ndsubison1
01-15-2015, 03:54 AM
Malcolm Brown, RB, Texas--he got upstaged by the FCS running backs in the pass protection and receiving drills. Seems like a one-speed guy, which is a tough NFL sell--think Donald Brown without the passing game ability.

Bisonator98
01-15-2015, 01:39 PM
Lots of teams talking to Crockett. He should nail the interviews. Who wouldn't want a guy like that in the locker room!

scottietohottie
01-15-2015, 01:49 PM

So your saying those 3 losses could have been avoided! If anything the way Crockett was used his first 3 years should have saved his body for a NFL career. Not saying Beck, Dudzik, or Heagle aren't good enough they just sacrificed their bodies for the sake of Bison football.

Bisonville GasMan
01-15-2015, 01:49 PM
Is Zenner serious about going pro? I thought he was accepted to med school and planned on going.
He has plenty of time to go back to med school...the med school will hold his spot for him.

scottietohottie
01-15-2015, 01:56 PM
He has plenty of time to go back to med school...the med school will hold his spot for him.

If he becomes a doctor or goes to the NFL he will become a pro either way!

Bisonville GasMan
01-15-2015, 02:02 PM
If he becomes a doctor or goes to the NFL he will become a pro either way!
Never wanted to see him get one damn yard against us...but you can tell he's a hardworking, smart kid. He has a great future ahead of him.

Bison"FANatic"
01-15-2015, 02:20 PM
Never wanted to see him get one damn yard against us...but you can tell he's a hardworking, smart kid. He has a great future ahead of him.

I hope he proves me wrong but I see his future with a scalpel in his hands and not with a football in them.

unbison
01-15-2015, 03:00 PM
I'm the odd duck here along with so called but I cheer for all local kids getting a shot at the next level
Mainly I think it's awesome for the kids and secondly it's good for our conference no matter the sport

ZHerd
01-15-2015, 03:20 PM
I'm the odd duck here along with so called but I cheer for all local kids getting a shot at the next level
Mainly I think it's awesome for the kids and secondly it's good for our conference no matter the sport

I'm with you guys too. I hope Crockett, Zenner and the rest of team MVC tear it up Saturday. I would love to see ALL of the West squads points scored by JC, Zenner, and Pruitt...with a KE fumble return ;) I like seeing FCS kids succeed period.

Dakotaboy
01-15-2015, 04:16 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/2015_shrine_game_day_three_west_practice_notes/18090707

More postive comments about John Crockett

Hammerhead
01-15-2015, 04:46 PM
It seems like most NFL teams have at least one player on their roster from the FCS or DII and I always hope they do well -- just not too well if they are playing the Vikings.

KyleK
01-15-2015, 05:47 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2330231-2015-east-west-shrine-game-day-3-scouting-notebook?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web-des-art-bot-5

•I'm not sure fans have ever asked me about a specific prospect as much as North Dakota State running back John Crockett. Dude is fast. We're talking gears on top of gears. Numerous NFL teams would surround him after every practice, and he's almost assured of a spot on a roster in a few months. He's a bit of a straight-up-and-down runner, but he's got enough lateral athleticism to make guys miss even if he's providing a bigger target.

marenlee
01-15-2015, 06:03 PM
It seems like most NFL teams have at least one player on their roster from the FCS or DII and I always hope they do well -- just not too well if they are playing the Vikings.

If I remember correctly, Miami drafted 3 or 4 FCS guys last year.

bisonsupporter
01-15-2015, 06:55 PM
If I remember correctly, Miami drafted 3 or 4 FCS guys last year.

Yes they did and most of them contributed this past season.

bisonsupporter
01-15-2015, 06:57 PM
http://www.walterfootball.com/eastwest2015practice6.php

Crockett doing good things.

bisonhp330
01-16-2015, 01:59 AM
More that he can no longer hurt NDSU; no reason not to cheer for him.

Umm...'no longer'. Would imply at one point he did........I must have missed that

unbison
01-16-2015, 02:49 AM
Umm...'no longer'. Would imply at one point he did........I must have missed that

You missed the playoff game?

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 03:42 AM
Found this on Kyle Emanuel:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Shrine-Game-Paulines-Day-2-Risers/f460fc35-d99b-42fb-a03c-a72c639d5cc5

"Kyle Emanuel/DE/North Dakota State – On paper, Emanuel, who is listed as just 6-3, 250, looks overmatched when compared to many of the big-school blockers against whom he lines up this week. But the story changes once the ball is snapped as the Buck Buchanan Award winner defeated many of his challengers today. Emanuel combines quickness and intensity to get the job done. His first step off the ball is a tough one to stop and Emanuel plays through the whistle, even when it seems opponents have beat him."

CaBisonFan
01-17-2015, 03:52 AM

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Shrine-Game-Paulines-Day-2-Risers/f460fc35-d99b-42fb-a03c-a72c639d5cc5

"Kyle Emanuel/DE/North Dakota State – On paper, Emanuel, who is listed as just 6-3, 250, looks overmatched when compared to many of the big-school blockers against whom he lines up this week. But the story changes once the ball is snapped as the Buck Buchanan Award winner defeated many of his challengers today. Emanuel combines quickness and intensity to get the job done. His first step off the ball is a tough one to stop and Emanuel plays through the whistle, even when it seems opponents have beat him.".....thanks.....

tjbison
01-17-2015, 07:32 AM

"Kyle Emanuel/DE/North Dakota State – On paper, Emanuel, who is listed as just 6-3, 250, looks overmatched when compared to many of the big-school blockers against whom he lines up this week. But the story changes once the ball is snapped as the Buck Buchanan Award winner defeated many of his challengers today. Emanuel combines quickness and intensity to get the job done. His first step off the ball is a tough one to stop and Emanuel plays through the whistle, even when it seems opponents have beat him."

Ndsu work ethic.....love it

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 09:46 AM
JC had a very good week:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2015-01-16/nfl-draft-90th-east-west-shrine-game-practice-john-crockett-justin-coleman-damian-swann

Kind of ironic how four championships can be overshadowed by a good practice week.

A1pigskin
01-17-2015, 01:42 PM
I wish I had the NFL network....

BYZEN
01-17-2015, 01:54 PM
John Crockett ‏@KingJCrock_23 · 58m58 minutes ago
Blessed✌️put the BISON helmet on 1 more time and to be name the starting RB for the west team. #shrinegame 3pm it's on @NFLnetwork Today.

Thought I'd share. JC is starting, is anyone surprised with this development, not me.

A1pigskin
01-17-2015, 02:00 PM
Blessed✌️put the BISON helmet on 1 more time and to be name the starting RB for the west team. #shrinegame 3pm it's on @NFLnetwork Today.

Thought I'd share. JC is starting, is anyone surprised with this development, not me.

It makes me more proud of the guy. He has worked so hard to get where he is on and off the field. I hope the stars continue to align for him.

SDbison
01-17-2015, 02:19 PM

Thought I'd share. JC is starting, is anyone surprised with this development, not me. Go Crockett!

marenlee
01-17-2015, 02:41 PM
JC had a very good week:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2015-01-16/nfl-draft-90th-east-west-shrine-game-practice-john-crockett-justin-coleman-damian-swann

Kind of ironic how four championships can be overshadowed by a good practice week.

Crockett looked like one of the most draftable players on either roster during the week.

I love this guy. Didn't realize how much I'd miss him until after the end of the game last week.

bisoningrandforks
01-17-2015, 02:55 PM
I dont get NFL network either....can someone help me find streaming of the game on line if available?.....thanks!

BYZEN
01-17-2015, 03:18 PM
Now JC has been named a Captain for the West. I sure hope he goes out there and tears the East Defense up.

"John Crockett ‏@KingJCrock_23 · 27m27 minutes ago
Wow blessed�� just named one of the team Captains."

westnodak93bison
01-17-2015, 03:45 PM
I think JC can improve. He even mentioned that in his interview. Gotta get his pad level down. I think he improved over last year in that dept.

A1pigskin
01-17-2015, 03:55 PM
Now JC has been named a Captain for the West. I sure hope he goes out there and tears the East Defense up.

"John Crockett ‏@KingJCrock_23 · 27m27 minutes ago
Wow blessed�� just named one of the team Captains."

Super cool........

SDbison
01-17-2015, 04:20 PM
I dont get NFL network either....can someone help me find streaming of the game on line if available?.....thanks! You can stream it at: http://www.nfl.com/live

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/1/17/7560019/east-west-shrine-game-game-time-tv-schedule-online-streaming-draft-prospects (http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/1/17/7560019/east-west-shrine-game-game-time-tv-schedule-online-streaming-draft-prospects)

tjbison
01-17-2015, 04:32 PM
Crockett beat out Zenner of SDSU and Brown from Texas

Pretty cool for him and I imagine he will be super pumped, hopefully he gets some decent touches

bri-dog
01-17-2015, 04:33 PM
hopefully he gets some decent blocking

Also this...

tjbison
01-17-2015, 04:51 PM
And now NFL network has chosen him to be mic 'd up for the game

NovaBison
01-17-2015, 04:51 PM
It continues... now now this from his twitter:

"John Crockett @KingJCrock_23 · 12m 12 minutes ago
The #NFLnetwork choose me to be mic'ed up for the #shrinegame today. Tune in 3pm on #NFLNetwork #blessed this should be interesting FCS✌️NFL"

StL Bison Fan
01-17-2015, 04:52 PM

Don't have to pay color commentators now. Send them home...

Bison03
01-17-2015, 05:20 PM
This could be a big day for JC's future

HerdBoy
01-17-2015, 05:23 PM

This should be pretty good.

stevdock
01-17-2015, 05:27 PM

Thanks for finding this on KE. JC is taking a lot of the news and rightfully so with what he is showing. It has been tough finding anything on KE and I hope that the NFL sees what type of player he really is, because we got to enjoy a dominant player for the last 4 years.

CAS4127
01-17-2015, 05:57 PM
And keep in mind KE and JC do not have fresh legs/bodies like most of the others given Natty prep and game just one week ago.

tjbison
01-17-2015, 06:01 PM
And keep in mind KE and JC do not have fresh legs/bodies like most of the others given Natty prep and game just one week ago.

I think it gives them a slight advantage, they were part of organized practice and workouts for 4 weeks, I bet everyone else took time off

marenlee
01-17-2015, 06:56 PM
Em's analysis on the West team. JC starts around the 3:35 mark. KE at 4:55.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7jWiMepAkk

marenlee
01-17-2015, 07:54 PM
Just tuned in to NFL Network and for half an hour they were doing a pre-game show for the game. Missed the first 20 minutes. Did they do anything on JC or KE?

yopaulie
01-17-2015, 08:06 PM
Listening to radio live stream. Just talked about John Crockett from South Dakota State. :facepalm:

SoCalBison
Just tuned in to NFL Network and for half an hour they were doing a pre-game show for the game. Missed the first 20 minutes. Did they do anything on JC or KE?

Not since I turned it on...

scottietohottie
http://www.shrinegame.com/en/GameWeek. There is a link to listen to game if you don't get it on TV.

CalBison97
01-17-2015, 08:09 PM
Rocket on kickoff team.

CalBison97
01-17-2015, 08:10 PM
KE not starting on D

StL Bison Fan
01-17-2015, 08:10 PM
Think they will explain the Zenner?

tjbison
01-17-2015, 08:15 PM
Kyle is in on D

mtoutfitter
KE in the game now

SDbison
Just saw KE on the field.

CalBison97
01-17-2015, 08:16 PM
KE in and getting penetration. He'll get a sack

MNLonghorn10
01-17-2015, 08:16 PM
hes gotten close a couple times

BisonNation11
01-17-2015, 08:18 PM
KE in and getting penetration. He'll get a sack

Totally agree. He's beating his man every play. Almost had a sack there

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 08:18 PM
Really close to the sack on that last pass play

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 08:20 PM
Now we get to see JC do his thing. Let's go Crockett!

BattleBorn
01-17-2015, 08:20 PM
Drive died when KE hit the field. Coincidence?

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 08:22 PM
East QB heard footsteps on the last play.

Civil06
01-17-2015, 08:24 PM
Radio broadcast gushing over John Crockett.

MNLonghorn10
01-17-2015, 08:25 PM
this QB blows

TAILG8R
01-17-2015, 08:25 PM
This QB sucks!

Bison03
01-17-2015, 08:27 PM
Are they going to run the ball??

westnodak93bison
01-17-2015, 08:28 PM
Run the damn ball!

SoCalBison
This QB sucks!

Scouting reports all week were bagging on both west QBs. Now I see why.

SDbison
Just have Crocket running to sideline for pass every play.......wtf

scottietohottie
01-17-2015, 08:29 PM
Run the dam ball

SDbison
01-17-2015, 08:30 PM
Just have Crocket running to sideline for pass every play.......wtf Except for that first crappy pass nothing to Crockett.

CalBison97
Holy run and shoot offense! Rocket's first rush (finally): 3 yard gain

TbonZach
Are they going to run the ball??

They tried once but the QB muffed the handoff.

bisonfanette
01-17-2015, 08:31 PM
the only other program to win 4 Nat Championships... giving some love to Ndsu on radio

westnodak93bison
01-17-2015, 08:32 PM
This qb throws like a girl.

Bison03
Crockett has been open every time when he goes out. Wish they would throw to him and let Taz do his thing.

SoCalBison
TV guys comment: Crockett's a big talker. Sheesh.

tjbison
01-17-2015, 08:33 PM
well, that series sucked for him, that QB looks lost

CaBisonFan
01-17-2015, 08:34 PM
Give the ball to Crockett...give the ball to Crockett.

Drblankstare
My god the West QB is garbage. East is absolutely stacking the box, daring him to throw.

BisonNation11
How did this qb get a look and Jenson didn't? I've seen hockey players throw better

Bison03
01-17-2015, 08:35 PM
Kyle in now.

ndsubison1
01-17-2015, 08:36 PM
Kelly cant play in a pro style. His pass to Crockett was bad.

tjbison
01-17-2015, 08:38 PM

like most of the college QB's now?

SoCalBison

No timing or pocket sense.

ndsubison1
What do Bunny fans think of Crockett starting over Zenner? :)

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 08:39 PM
I'm thinking we'll get to hear JC soon.

bisonmike2
01-17-2015, 08:40 PM
West QB sucks and the offensive play calling has been horrible.

tjbison
01-17-2015, 08:41 PM
let me guess, Texas asshole will get 10 carries

ndsubison1
01-17-2015, 08:41 PM
Is that the OU logo upside down on Browns helmet? lol

tjbison
01-17-2015, 08:42 PM

apparently he is 3rd string

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 08:42 PM
I know one QB who isn't getting a call from the NFL.

Bison03
01-17-2015, 08:43 PM
Seriously...just direct snap it to JC, probably the best chance of actually running a successful play.

scottietohottie
01-17-2015, 08:44 PM
Seriously...just direct snap it to JC, probably the best chance of actually running a successful play.

That would really piss of the wabbit fans a wildcat with Crockett

Hammersmith
01-17-2015, 08:46 PM

Absolutely nothing apparently. I'm the only one posting anything on their thread.

Also, holy crap does that turf suck.

ndsubison1
01-17-2015, 08:48 PM
Absolutely nothing apparently. I'm the only one posting anything on their thread.

Also, holy crap does that turf suck.

Game will start in 4 hours in Brookings.

Wally
01-17-2015, 08:49 PM
Is that the OU logo upside down on Browns helmet? lol

https://twitter.com/aaronripkowski/status/555130209578393601

https://twitter.com/mallycat_28/status/556549451503108097

Sounds like Brown and Ripkowski from OU are roommates for the game. Lol.

StL Bison Fan
01-17-2015, 08:50 PM
Terry V tweeted that ZZ just got engaged and accepted into med school. This game is just frosting

CalBison97
01-17-2015, 08:51 PM
ZZ drops screen

marenlee
01-17-2015, 08:52 PM
Doesn't help Jim Zorn is the West coach. He's an awesome head coach.

bisonfanette
01-17-2015, 08:52 PM
zenner fumbles the pass & drops it...

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 08:53 PM
And QB 2 is just as pathetic. Carson is looking better all the time.

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 08:55 PM

Sorry, should have said "looking even better."

marenlee
Good job on running out the interception from the back of the endzone. :facepalm:

TAILG8R
Way to show the scouts you're not smart enough to kneel down in the end zone after that int.

Tatanka
01-17-2015, 08:56 PM
While lotta derpin goin on....
Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs

StL Bison Fan
01-17-2015, 08:57 PM
This be bad football.

Wally
01-17-2015, 08:57 PM
Way to show the scouts you're not smart enough to kneel down in the end zone after that int.

He can't stick a landing jumping off a balcony either

westnodak93bison
01-17-2015, 08:58 PM
#13 according to CBS 2016 draft prospects. Joe Haeg #11 OT, Andrew Bonnet #21 FB, Ben Lacompte #30 punter. Did I miss anyone?

marenlee
01-17-2015, 08:58 PM
This be bad football.

Well in their defense I wouldn't expect polished ball after only 3 practices together. Most of these guys haven't played since December also.

Wally
01-17-2015, 09:00 PM
Nice job by JC holding on to that handoff. Lineman almost took the damn thing

tjbison
JESUS this west team is terrible

marenlee
Crockett didn't stand a chance there. He knew it was going to happen also.

Drblankstare
01-17-2015, 09:01 PM
It's a miracle Crockett held onto the ball.

BisonNation11
01-17-2015, 09:02 PM
West oline is absolutely terrible

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 09:03 PM
Is it just me or do these announcers seem overly attentive to the players' "beautiful bodies"?

StL Bison Fan
01-17-2015, 09:03 PM
Is it just me or do these announcers seem overly attentive to the players' "beautiful bodies"?

Uncomfortable and perhaps creepy?

No_Skill
01-17-2015, 09:08 PM
Kyle looks slow getting off on the snap.

SDbison
01-17-2015, 09:09 PM
Watching paint dry is more interesting than this West offense.........seriously!

SDbison
01-17-2015, 09:09 PM
Kyle looks slow getting off on the snap. I agree.......last guy to move every play......not good.

bisonfanette
01-17-2015, 09:10 PM
Zz on radio... talking about Mission trips... Christian impact of this trip on him... I can see why Crockett & he get along well. He's being very humble on radio.

Bison03
01-17-2015, 09:10 PM
The Bison would beat both of these teams.

No_Skill
01-17-2015, 09:11 PM
Yeah. Typically sloppy conglomeration game. Luckily the week of practice is just as important to the scouts.

CalBison97
01-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Thank God for a Breaking Bad reference to liven this thing up! Hail Heisenberg

BisonNation11
01-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Kyle isn't watching the ball being snapped which is what he did in college. He's reacting to the guy in front of him. Wonder if that's some coaching he's received this week.

Wally
01-17-2015, 09:13 PM
Watching paint dry is more interesting than this West offense.........seriously!

Fire Jim Zorn....Save Shrine Game

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 09:16 PM
The west QBs are so bad, they're lowering the draft/free agent prospects for their entire offensive squads.

Drblankstare
01-17-2015, 09:19 PM
Thank God for a Breaking Bad reference to liven this thing up! Hail Heisenberg

John Crockett is the danger! That is, if they would give him the goddamn ball.

Green1
01-17-2015, 09:20 PM
Kyle isn't watching the ball being snapped which is what he did in college. He's reacting to the guy in front of him. Wonder if that's some coaching he's received this week.

+1. I was wondering the same thing.

marenlee
01-17-2015, 09:20 PM
Surprised it took that long for X Williams to jump offsides. Didn't he have 3/4 of those against NDSU?

Drblankstare
01-17-2015, 09:22 PM
Dear god, Heineke looks terribad

ndsubison1
01-17-2015, 09:23 PM
I know they didnt practice much together but this is turrible. Not to mention blitzing isnt allowed.

56BISON73
01-17-2015, 09:25 PM
Ive seen better execution in play ground ball. :facepalm:

westnodak93bison
01-17-2015, 09:27 PM
Mayock is annoying

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 09:28 PM
This is like watching pee wee football...with very large pee wees.

yopaulie
Maybe I'm glad I don't have NFL network.

A1pigskin
Zz on radio... talking about Mission trips... Christian impact of this trip on him... I can see why Crockett & he get along well. He's being very humble on radio.

what station?

A1pigskin
01-17-2015, 09:29 PM
Maybe I'm glad I don't have NFL network.

I don't have it.

Hammersmith
Mayock is annoying

I switched to the radio and used my DVR to synch the two up. Couldn't stand the NFL Network announcers.

IzzyFlexion
what station?

Radio stream.............

http://www.shrinegame.com/#

Hammersmith
01-17-2015, 09:30 PM
what station?

Internet radio: http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/listen/

Drblankstare
Well that was a waste of an hour and a half. West line is horrid and QB play for both sides has been hideous.

A1pigskin
John Crockett is the danger! That is, if they would give him the goddamn ball.

That sucks......

bisonfanette
what station?

The link that was posted here, on this thread, maybe pg 8 or so...

Tatanka
01-17-2015, 09:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vUtmh.gif

A1pigskin
01-17-2015, 09:31 PM

Yikes!!!!!

CaBisonFan
01-17-2015, 09:32 PM
The West team should run the ball on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th down.

marenlee
01-17-2015, 09:34 PM
The West team should run the ball on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th down.

They're probably going to keep airing it out. It's Jim Zorn. And he sucks.

BisonNation11
01-17-2015, 09:34 PM
I'm sure they would run it if their line allowed them any time to do so

A1pigskin
01-17-2015, 09:35 PM
Found this on the list of Radio stations to listen to for the game.

KNDK-AM GRAND FORKS, SD

scottietohottie
01-17-2015, 09:38 PM

KNDK-AM GRAND FORKS, SD

If you can get on bv you can go to the shrine website and push the red listen button and listen to the game! It's been posted 3 times dude!

scottietohottie
01-17-2015, 09:38 PM
http://www.shrinegame.com/en/GameWeek. There is a link to listen to game if you don't get it on TV.

Try this pigskin

Bison 4 Life
01-17-2015, 09:39 PM
I'm glad he had a good week of practice because he's getting no chance in this game.

A1pigskin
01-17-2015, 09:39 PM
If you can get on bv you can go to the shrine website and push the red listen button and listen to the game! It's been posted 3 times dude!

Got it.... Thanks.

A1pigskin
01-17-2015, 09:41 PM
I just started listen and so far the announcers are boring to listen to. Maybe this was already said.

Tatanka
01-17-2015, 09:41 PM

KNDK-AM GRAND FORKS, SD

I'm glad to see my bill finally made it through the house and senate this year. I'd like to think we raised the IQs in both states.

IzzyFlexion
01-17-2015, 09:42 PM
West with 26 yards of offense..............................dafuque?

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 09:42 PM
Yes, let me reassure those of you without NFL Network: you're not missing the video (or audio)...trust me.

marenlee
01-17-2015, 09:44 PM
Great football wisdom from Jim Zorn to his players, "Receivers, go get the ball"

SoCalBison
Mayock's choice for a highlight was the little kids playing on the field at half time. And the sad thing is, the kids were really playing better than the west squad.

bisonfanette
There saying it's the all time best crowd. How many ppl are there? Nice comments about what the Shriners do etc... and comments about the players with the kids.

marenlee
01-17-2015, 09:47 PM
Great playcalling. Running a playaction bootleg when they have run the ball 3 total times.

IzzyFlexion
01-17-2015, 09:48 PM
West with 26 yards of offense..............................dafuque?

Oh.......sorry...........23.
4th and 13!!!!!

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 09:50 PM
Lower stands on the far side appear pretty full. Don't think there are many in the end zones or the temp grandstand on the near side. Upper deck appears empty. Maybe 5,000?

Green1
01-17-2015, 09:51 PM
Love the West team's halftime adjustments on offense.

StL Bison Fan
01-17-2015, 09:52 PM
Great football wisdom from Jim Zorn to his players, "Receivers, go get the ball"

You forgot the classic advice of 'score points'
Anyone see the clown on the sideline? I hate clowns.

StL Bison Fan
01-17-2015, 09:52 PM
There saying it's the all time best crowd. How many ppl are there? Nice comments about what the Shriners do etc... and comments about the players with the kids.

Johns mom flew in to watch him.

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 09:53 PM
KE needs to play his game. Tbe coaches aren't doing anyone any good.

BisonNation11
Great penetration by Emanuel and they give him no credit. He caused the back to try and change direction which caused him to slip.

Green1
KE will get credit for tackle for loss on the running back.

bisonfanette

That's cool... very nice!

Wally
01-17-2015, 09:55 PM

http://youtu.be/esJl7MZoVww

A1pigskin
01-17-2015, 09:55 PM

This is awesome. Go Johnny Go!!!!

TAILG8R
01-17-2015, 09:58 PM
Crocket getting the ball and running well now.

SoCalBison
Finally! Nice run

No_Skill
Crocket has a texas longhorn sticker on his helmet...what's up with that?

NDSUstudent
Run the damn ball!

Now this feels like a real game thread.

StL Bison Fan
Crockett has a texas longhorn sticker on his helmet...what's up with that?

Makin' friends

56BISON73
01-17-2015, 09:59 PM
Crocket has a texas longhorn sticker on his helmet...what's up with that?

They trADE STICKERS.

westnodak93bison
Crockett has a texas longhorn sticker on his helmet...what's up with that?
It stuck to his helmet when he ran someone over in practice.

SoCalBison
Now give to JC for 1st down

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 10:00 PM
Now give to JC for 1st down

I liked my call better.

IzzyFlexion
01-17-2015, 10:00 PM

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1636944/thumbs/o-KRAMER-570.jpg?2

SDbison
01-17-2015, 10:01 PM
Crap call.......

TAILG8R
01-17-2015, 10:01 PM
Why are they even bothering to send the rb out for a pass. Qb never even looks his way.

Green1
01-17-2015, 10:02 PM
Did Jim Zorn, a.k.a. "Chuck the Pigskin", ever apply for the head coach position to our favorite school up north? :facepalm:

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 10:03 PM
Nice that when John got his first down, the damn announcers spent more time talking about blocking and barely remembered to mention John.

SDbison
KE needs to start watching the hike........o-lineman in front of him is slow as heck and so is KE if he is going on movement.

CaBisonFan
Give the ball to JC. Throw the ball to JC. There's your offense. Terrible, terrible quarterback play. Awful pass blocking.

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 10:04 PM
Give the ball to JC. Throw the ball to JC. There's your offense. Terrible, terrible quarterback play. Awful pass blocking.

And the run blocking is no better.

Dakotaboy
01-17-2015, 10:05 PM
Observations so far: 1) West offensive line and quarterbacks are worse than awful. 2) Crockett and Zenner don't have a chance. 3) Nfl announcers are a bunch of turds. 4) Jim Zorn is an idiot.

CalBison97
01-17-2015, 10:06 PM
Finally get a first down while running, and of course get away from Rocket and pass

CaBisonFan
01-17-2015, 10:11 PM
Finally get a first down while running, and of course get away from Rocket and pass

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThey found something that worked, and then gave up on it. Yup

IzzyFlexion
01-17-2015, 10:11 PM
Observations so far: 1) West offensive line and quarterbacks are worse than awful. 2) Crockett and Zenner don't have a chance. 3) Nfl announcers are a bunch of turds. 4) Jim Zorn is an idiot.

Maybe they should have asked Harbaugh to coach......I mean, he's gotta be a great coach, right? Hell, at $48,000,000,000,000,000.00 per week he's gotta sumpin special.

A1pigskin
01-17-2015, 10:12 PM

I am listening and what you are saying seems to sum it up.

Bison 4 Life
01-17-2015, 10:12 PM
Holy cow Tommie Frazier got fat.

Prime Power
01-17-2015, 10:14 PM
Why are they even bothering to send the rb out for a pass. Qb never even looks his way.

Why are they even putting a RB out there period? No running game.

SoCalBison

Holy Tommie Frazier...the cow got fat.

westnodak93bison
He played QB but is now eating like an OL

SDbison
01-17-2015, 10:15 PM
With play on the field this is looking more like the Shrine Circus.

HerdBot
01-17-2015, 10:15 PM

In all fairness, the rules dictate for a passing game. No blitzing. No 3-4. No unbalanced formations. No motion.

SDbison
01-17-2015, 10:16 PM
Will Crockett even get another series?

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 10:16 PM

Guy is still freaked out from being under center for the first time in his life.

BisonNation11
01-17-2015, 10:18 PM
This game makes me appreciate our style of offense even more.

A1pigskin
01-17-2015, 10:20 PM
West better get something going.

No_Skill
01-17-2015, 10:21 PM
Will Crockett even get another series?

With the rotation, zenner should be the next possession and Crockett after that. He could be in on the last drive.

bisonforever
01-17-2015, 10:22 PM
They trADE STICKERS.

I noticed the Texas RB has an OU sticker on the back of hishelmet with Black "X" though it. Kind of funny.

bisonforever
01-17-2015, 10:22 PM
They trADE STICKERS.

I noticed the Texas RB has an OU sticker on the back of his. helmet wi th Black "X" though it. Kind of funny.

SoCalBison
01-17-2015, 10:24 PM
West o-line is throwing a lot of look out blocks...you know, as the rusher goes by, the blocker turns to the QB and yells, "Look out!" (Credit to Jerry Kramer)

SDbison
01-17-2015, 10:28 PM
With the rotation, zenner should be the next possession and Crockett after that. He could be in on the last drive. May not work out..........don't understand why zenner got to start second half.......he got a short series to end first half.