PDA

View Full Version : Most Underrated Play(s)

Professor Chaos
01-11-2015, 11:42 AM
So looking back everyone will look at Wentz's TD run, Thorton's game sealing INT, Wentz's long completion to RJ down to the 5 that set up the game winning score, etc but I think there are a couple plays that really stood out to me thinking back about the game:

1) Two point conversion for ISU after they went ahead 27-23: Jordan Champion made a great play 1 on 1 against one of ISU's big WRs (Neblett I think - #19) to knock the ball away. There was some contact there but like a wise man once said, it's not a penalty/foul if the referees don't call it. Didn't seem like a big deal at the time but if he doesn't make that play we very well would've seen overtime after a blocked XP and I don't know if I would've survived that.

1) 1:38 left in the 4th, 1st and 15 for NDSU from their own 17: Carson threw an absolutely perfect ball into tight coverage to hit RJ for 32 yards to midfield. I was sitting in the end zone behind this play and had a great view of what Carson saw and I can't overstate how beautiful of a throw that was. I was a laser 25 yards downfield that was put into a window that was about a foot wide. Not a bad catch on the back end either but that really got momentum swinging back in NDSU's favor when they needed it in the worst way.

IndyBison
01-11-2015, 12:38 PM
The recovery of the 2nd half kickoff was huge. It only resulted in three points but those the ended up being the difference.

I would also suggest the 4th down pickup in the fourth quarter. The Bison ended up punting but that burned another two minutes off the clock and sent a message.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

NDSUFan_Sav
01-11-2015, 12:45 PM
Perkins was big for us on the return game, he got a few nice returns to the 30+

tony
01-11-2015, 12:58 PM
Vraa sneaking behind the defense when Wentz was scrambling for his life.

Chris Board was a maniac on special teams.

HerdBot
01-11-2015, 01:52 PM
The recovery of the 2nd half kickoff was huge. It only resulted in three points but those the ended up being the difference.

I would also suggest the 4th down pickup in the fourth quarter. The Bison ended up punting but that burned another two minutes off the clock and sent a message.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Board. Kickoff recovery. Wow

A1pigskin
01-11-2015, 01:57 PM
Keller's field goals against the wind x2.

westnodak93bison
01-11-2015, 02:04 PM
Even though they ended up scoring, how about the effort by #35 to run down the ball carrier on two long runs.

BFKasper14
01-11-2015, 02:24 PM
Even though they ended up scoring, his about the effort by #35 to run down the ball carrier on two long runs.

Hell of an effort by a great young man. It was crazy seeing Roberson beat him to the end zone on that 58 yard run. When was the last time we've seen that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisonridge
01-11-2015, 02:29 PM
Hell of an effort by a great young man. It was crazy seeing Roberson beat him to the end zone on that 58 yard run. When was the last time we've seen that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought the same thing, no way he can out run dudz, but I guess I was wrong:rolleyes:

westnodak93bison
01-11-2015, 02:59 PM
I thought the same thing, no way he can out run dudz, but I guess I was wrong:rolleyes:
#35 must have been dinged up for the last few months. Just didn't seem to move the same way?

2011BisonAlumni
01-11-2015, 04:10 PM
1.) Carson converting the long third down pass to Vraa while shedding two tackles.
2.) The multiple dropped third down passes by Illinois State wide receivers.
3.) NDSU special teams play on defense, shutting down one of the best returners in the FCS and pinning them behind the 20's multiple times.

onbison09
01-11-2015, 04:17 PM
Carey Woods with some huge catches after the injury.

A1pigskin
01-11-2015, 04:25 PM

Never.......

17>1
01-11-2015, 04:30 PM
#35 must have been dinged up for the last few months. Just didn't seem to move the same way?

This^

I don't think he ever fully recovered from the quad injury against ISU Clones.