PDA

View Full Version : The Drive for Five

2011BisonAlumni
01-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Carson Wentz, RJ and most of the offense coming back! Can not be more excited to watch these guys do it again!

Kevin
01-10-2015, 09:30 PM
Carson Wentz, RJ and most of the offense coming back! Can not be more excited to watch these guys do it again!

Agreed. Question marks at running back and in the secondary. I feel pretty confident in the rest. Next man up!

yopaulie
01-10-2015, 09:35 PM
LOL...could use a little more time to enjoy the victory!

OK...you sucked me in...LB will be the biggest question mark IMO. Littlejohn and Beck were more critical to our repeat title than we can appreciate.

VirginiaBison
01-10-2015, 09:58 PM
"drive for five" has a nice ring to it

Elvis was a Bison
01-10-2015, 10:15 PM
In Steeler speak I say........ONE FOR THE THUMB!!!!!

daddy daycare
01-10-2015, 10:22 PM
Offense is stacked. Worried about defense.

Kingslayer
01-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Easy.... let's just enjoy the 4-peat for now! Reigning defending champs again!

Strongman
01-11-2015, 01:20 AM
A future NFL quarterback leading the offense. I like their chances.

A1pigskin
01-11-2015, 01:40 AM
"drive for five" has a nice ring to it

Has a good ring to it.

CyPanth
01-11-2015, 04:47 AM
Fortunately, you don't have to come to Cedar Falls next year.

HerdBoy
01-11-2015, 04:57 AM

UNI travels to Normal, Brookings and Fargo next year?

EndZoneQB
01-11-2015, 05:01 AM

Ah yes, the postseason moral victory confidence. It's good to know we've gone from "gotta earn it" to "Super Bowl" in such a short time. Makes me wonder what you guys have been doing all these years. :)

ndsubison1
01-11-2015, 05:33 AM
Agreed. Question marks at running back and in the secondary. I feel pretty confident in the rest. Next man up!

No question marks at RB. WR depth yes. Safety and two outside LB spots are. Defensive line will be good, but no dominant player there like Emanuel as of now.

MontBison
01-11-2015, 06:52 AM
No question marks at RB. WR depth yes. Safety and two outside LB spots are. Defensive line will be good, but no dominant player there like Emanuel as of now.

Out of curiosity why do you think our d line will be good? We graduate 3 of the 4 lineman who start. Asides from deluca do we even know what we have at LB? How about db's? Yea cj and champ are back but what about the safety spot. How did board become some legit player because he recovered a few kicks.

ndsubison1
01-11-2015, 06:59 AM
Out of curiosity why do you think our d line will be good? We graduate 3 of the 4 lineman who start. Asides from deluca do we even know what we have at LB? How about db's? Yea cj and champ are back but what about the safety spot. How did board become some legit player because he recovered a few kicks.

I said safety and 2 OLB spots are question marks. I think DLine will be formidable with Schaetz and Tanguay back. Menard, Ambrosious, and Hahn should get better with more experience. Early season will be a work in progress.

A1pigskin
01-11-2015, 02:08 PM

More experienced too.... I hope Vraa comes back.

gumby013
01-11-2015, 02:14 PM
My tickets are acquired. I'll be there.

A1pigskin
01-11-2015, 04:32 PM
I'm not too concerned with RB. I am wondering who will take over for Heagle, Dudszik, and Littlejohn.

IMO five is doable.

gumby013
01-11-2015, 04:34 PM
I'm not too concerned with RB. I am wondering who will take over for Heagle, Dudszik, and Littlejohn.

IMO five is doable.

I'm comfortable with Chris Board taking one of the safety spots.

2011BisonAlumni
01-11-2015, 04:39 PM

IMO five is doable.

I think with how explosive the offense has the potential to be, the defense as it stands right now will be serviceable enough to keep us competitive in games and allow for another deep run.

Going back to 2011, I thought it would be really hard to replace guys like Preston Evans, Chad Wilson, Warren Holloway, John Pike, Coulter Boyer. I do think 2015 will be more of a drop off from prior years, but I think we will find out that we have more that serviceable players waiting.

The thing about 2014 that was unique in my mind, is that we didn't really have any major injuries, other than Beck. Really hard to judge what we have waiting when they didn't play.

bisonpride4ever
01-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Menard played good yesterday. He's going to get better and better and I love that we have him for 3 more years. I'm so excited for the incoming recruits and the redshirt class to get their chances.
Everybody can wait til NDSU falls back to the back or for the worm to turn, but I hope they know that they will be waiting a long long time.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

TateMosersneighbor
01-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Do we win the big sky when we start 3-0 next year?

1998braves64
01-11-2015, 06:58 PM
Defense will be a bit of a question next year but if we get a shot at 5 we will need them to be a top 30-20 defense by end of year to survive the playoffs. We see what happens to the EWU and EIUs of the world without a much defense.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

IzzyFlexion
01-11-2015, 10:58 PM
I'm comfortable with Chris Board taking one of the safety spots.

Indeed. He has been an assassin on special teams: His measurables look good for SS.......6'1 215#, and his HS resume (2nd team all-state) in a monster football state (Florida).
Can't wait to get his Bison career further off of the ground.

MAKBison
01-11-2015, 11:28 PM

Menard has made some crucial tackles in several games....give him more reps and see what happens.

thundarsdaddy
01-11-2015, 11:33 PM
Next season will be a dog-fight each week as this season was. Maybe thats the way it should be though, makes for a tougher team come playoffs. For me, personally, I'll be alive, to see number five...see you folks in Missoula in late August!!

bisonmike2
01-12-2015, 12:56 AM
One more gives us a fist full of rings. So let's call it fisting for frisco.

tjamz
01-12-2015, 01:51 AM
One more gives us a fist full of rings. So let's call it fisting for frisco.

This made me laugh more than it should have... and I'm sure everyone who rode down with us to Frisco will laugh as well...along with CAS, but maybe not his girlfriend

(That ought to get some imaginations going)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Tatanka
01-12-2015, 01:56 AM
This made me laugh more than it should have... and I'm sure everyone who ride down with us to Frisco will laugh as well...along with CAS, but maybe not his girlfriend

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That just happened. :eek:

TransAmBison
01-12-2015, 11:30 AM
This made me laugh more than it should have... and I'm sure everyone who rode down with us to Frisco will laugh as well...along with CAS, but maybe not his girlfriend

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TapatalkThis makes me wonder if bisonmike had places in Plano bugged.*

*Somebody had places in Plano bugged, in a manner of speaking.