PDA

View Full Version : NDSU v Illinois St - Postgame Thoughts

Pages : [1] 2

Buffalo.Rider
01-10-2015, 09:23 PM
Best game I have seen this season.

NDSU is no longer the only team in FCS that finds another gear in the 4th quarter. The Bison walked off the field at the end of the 3rd waving 4 fingers in the air - I think they meant 4th quarter. (If they meant 4th championship was in the bag, that was presumptuous and cocky). then Illinois State came out and outplayed NDSU the 4th period until the last 2 minutes. SDSU did a good job of bringing it in the 4th quarter too - 1st playoff game.

Illinois State is a VERY good team. Next season's game between NDSU and Illiinois St will be a doozy.

headedscorp
01-10-2015, 09:24 PM
The Bison players raise their hands and put up 4 fingers in the fourth quarter of every game they play

A1pigskin
01-10-2015, 09:25 PM
Holding four fingers up means 4th quarter. This has been done for as long as I can remember.

CivilBison96
01-10-2015, 09:29 PM

NDSU is no longer the only team in FCS that finds another gear in the 4th quarter. The Bison walked off the field at the end of the 3rd waving 4 fingers in the air - I think they meant 4th quarter. (If they meant 4th championship was in the bag, that was presumptuous and cocky). then Illinois State came out and outplayed NDSU the 4th period until the last 2 minutes. SDSU did a good job of bringing it in the 4th quarter too - 1st playoff game.

Illinois State is a VERY good team. Next season's game between NDSU and Illiinois St will be a doozy.

Due to MVFC scheduling like this year they do not play ISU-red next year (like NDSU did not play WIU the 2 years previous to this year).

Kevin
01-10-2015, 09:32 PM
1) Legendowski stepped up again. He deserves a much bigger role next year.
2) Roberson is a stud. Our inability to get him in the backfield was terrifying. He did what he wanted even in the face of Emanuel.
3) Carson Wentz just forged his own legacy. Stepped out of Brock's shadow entirely.
4) 4 peat
5) Still too conservative sometimes. I hope that's something that Klieman grows out of. Beyond that no complaints. Amazing year by this coaching staff.
6) I'm going to miss watching these seniors. Especially Crockett, Heagle and Dudzik.

VirginiaBison
01-10-2015, 09:37 PM
This game will be known as "The Final Ninety Seconds" game. Wow!

yopaulie
01-10-2015, 09:40 PM
I'm still exhausted 90 minutes later. You'd think I was actually exercising or something.

VirginiaBison
01-10-2015, 09:43 PM
So who has the right to this script. As the announcers said, no one will believe this script if it was written.

wtffootballfan
01-10-2015, 09:44 PM
1) Legendowski stepped up again. He deserves a much bigger role next year.
2) Roberson is a stud. Our inability to get him in the backfield was terrifying. He did what he wanted even in the face of Emanuel.
3) Carson Wentz just forged his own legacy. Stepped out of Brock's shadow entirely.
4) 4 peat
5) Still too conservative sometimes. I hope that's something that Klieman grows out of. Beyond that no complaints. Amazing year by this coaching staff.
6) I'm going to miss watching these seniors. Especially Crockett, Heagle and Dudzik.

We can watch Crockett's little brother next year. I think he plays WR. Vraa can come back also.

Bisonator98
01-10-2015, 09:45 PM
We are going to have big holes to fill on defense. Especially at LB and both safety's. Confident that the younger guys will step up. Our offense should be great with Wentz and most of our oline back.

Illinois State has to be the early favorite next year with Roberson and Coprich both back. Maybe we have another showdown in the playoffs ahead!

yopaulie
01-10-2015, 09:50 PM
We are going to have big holes to fill on defense. Especially at LB and both safety's. Confident that the younger guys will step up. Our offense should be great with Wentz and most of our oline back.

Illinois State has to be the early favorite next year with Roberson and Coprich both back. Maybe we have another showdown in the playoffs ahead!

Will miss Dudzik and Heagle. That said, I really believe Chris Board will be a special player for us. Other safety spot will be interesting.

Bisonator98
01-10-2015, 09:51 PM
Will miss Dudzik and Heagle. That said, I really believe Chris Board will be a special player for us. Other safety spot will be interesting.

Board was huge today on kickoff coverage!

MNLonghorn10
01-10-2015, 09:51 PM
Post game?

Seniors have more rings than losses.

Unheard of. Should be a damn 5 peat

Kevin
01-10-2015, 09:52 PM

Agreed about Board, he has the unteachables. What Heagle and Dudzik brought was a lot of experience though. That just has to be earned.

Linebacker never worries me too much. It seems like we always reload without issue. Running back may be interesting going forward but again it's a position we always seem to transition well at.

Hammersmith
01-10-2015, 09:56 PM
Bison will have the shortest offseason of any FCS team ever. Going from the latest game of the year to the earliest.

bisonpride4ever
01-10-2015, 09:56 PM
They scored too soon.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

1998braves64
01-10-2015, 09:57 PM
So there is a discussion on AGS about whether Roberson downing it on the 1 would have won them the championship. Bisonville's thoughts?

I think they easily could have punched it in from that distance with 4 plays and took a lot of time off the clock.

Kevin
01-10-2015, 09:58 PM
It seemed to me like both our ends got owned on a few of those long option plays. Emanuel bit hard on the last touchdown which I can understand as it was 3rd & 1.

Not a knock on our guys, just an observation on how well they run that scheme. There were a few times they made our best players (including our secondary) look clueless.

Kevin
01-10-2015, 09:59 PM
So there is a discussion on AGS about whether Roberson downing it on the 1 would have won them the championship. Bisonville's thoughts?

I think they easily could have punched it in from that distance with 4 plays and took a lot of time off the clock.

That's not something you do when you're down. Can you imagine if they got stuffed after a player did that? That's the kind of thing that ruins legacies.

1998braves64
01-10-2015, 09:59 PM
It seemed to me like both our ends got owned on a few of those long option plays. Emanuel bit hard on the last touchdown which I can understand as it was 3rd & 1.

Not a knock on our guys, just an observation on how well they run that scheme. There were a few times they made our best players (including our secondary) look clueless.

Yeah Roberson sold that option very well by time Emmanuel reacted Roberson was by him.

CaBisonFan
01-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Hats off to Adam Keller for his field goals.

Bisonator98
01-10-2015, 10:01 PM

A lot can happen though. False start and your back 5 yards or a hold and now it's 10. Take the points when you can and their D had held us to 3's.

1998braves64
That's not something you do when you're down. Can you imagine if they got stuffed after a player did that? That's the kind of thing that ruins legacies.

We would have had to stuff them 4 straight running plays with Roberson/Caprich I would like their chances of pulling that off. Granted if Bison did come up with a stand somehow would have looked bad.

Kevin
Hats off to Adam Keller for his field goals.

Special teams everywhere had a great game. Keller was clutch, Lecompte flipped the field when needed and our coverage was awesome. That recovery on the 2nd half field goal was huge and probably what set us up for the victory. Too bad we went three and out after.

Kevin
01-10-2015, 10:02 PM
We would have had to stuff them 4 straight running plays with Roberson/Caprich I would like their chances of pulling that off. Granted if Bison did come up with a stand somehow would have looked bad.

It's still not a risk I'd want to take as a player, coach or fan.

1998braves64
01-10-2015, 10:04 PM
A lot can happen though. False start and your back 5 yards or a hold and now it's 10. Take the points when you can and their D had held us to 3's.

Coach your line to not jump off be sure of the snap, hard to do though when the requirement is to get off as fast as possible to push the D back as much as possible. Holding in that situation is highly unlikely, you rarely see it because you're just bulldozing the guy(s) in front of you and they're not usually trying to get away from you.

Their D collapsing at the end of the game on the pass game was a bit of a surprise though so that is a valid point that you trust them to not collapse.

1998braves64
01-10-2015, 10:06 PM
It's still not a risk I'd want to take as a player, coach or fan.

Yeah would be tough call to make if you did. I think it would have been interesting "move" to make though. Because at that point Bison D would have been reeling from the long run anyway... so getting everyone in the position they needed would be tough.

yopaulie
01-10-2015, 10:12 PM
I've seen that done on multiple levels when teams have a lead. I don't think I have ever seen it when a team is behind and needs the score. Can't imagine the coach and QB saying - "Ok, if you happen to get loose on a 50 yard run this series, make sure not to score, if we can stop just short." One of those after the fact things football fans can do to try to back into a different result.

HerdBoy
01-10-2015, 10:19 PM
Great game. I think folks knew it was going to be a close game. Incredible ending.

daddy daycare
01-10-2015, 10:27 PM
not sold on polacek. 2nd to last drive of first hald, pound pound pound pound then deep drop causes a sack and they have to punt. First drive in 2nd half after KO recovery just embarrassing. We won I get it it...however...

Pards Rule
01-10-2015, 10:29 PM
I am undefeated watching Bison games in person or on TV!

Kevin
01-10-2015, 10:31 PM
not sold on polacek. 2nd to last drive of first hald, pound pound pound pound then deep drop causes a sack and they have to punt. First drive in 2nd half after KO recovery just embarrassing. We won I get it it...however...

You're not sold on a first year oc who beat a big 12 opponent, won the valley and a national championship? What's the guy have to do walk on water?

yopaulie
01-10-2015, 10:32 PM
Well at 57-3 the last 4 years, you've had a 95% chance of victory!

Pards Rule
01-10-2015, 10:38 PM
Did I see this right? It looked like the Redbirds filled out 2 sections??

Pards Rule
01-10-2015, 10:39 PM
Well at 57-3 the last 4 years, you've had a 95% chance of victory!

Yes I did think of that! But I was at the first game of the run in Sept 2011 and at the first NC game!! That counts for something!

1998braves64
01-10-2015, 10:59 PM

Hindsight is 20-20 seems previous OC had similar issues and that turned out ok! Biggest thing is you can sell recruits on the system that wins championships if you buy in and fill your role on the team.

1998braves64
01-10-2015, 10:59 PM
Did I see this right? It looked like the Redbirds filled out 2 sections??

3 and then partial one in endzone too.

scottietohottie
01-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Not bad for a rebuilding year

Buffalo.Rider
01-10-2015, 11:10 PM
In trying to find an Illinois State blog - to read their views on the game - I ran across this ... made me laugh:
from: http://stories.illinoisstate.edu/magazine/illinois-state/state-side/know-enemy-inside-look-north-dakota-state/

Who has the better team colors?
Yellow and green may work with traffic signals and may look good together in a vegetable spread, but the two colors that most conjure up the cold and flu season don’t make for a sharp team uniform. Even the Oregon Ducks are ditching those colors for their national title game. Also, I have yet to see a yellow and green bison, that is other than on North Dakota State’s logo. Illinois State keeps it colors a traditional red and white. We keep our Redbird red, as well.

Advantage: Illinois State

bisonpride4ever
01-10-2015, 11:18 PM
Not bad for a rebuilding year

I must spread rep!

wtffootballfan
01-10-2015, 11:19 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10675767_10152612480999103_5596049306285886411_n.j pg?oh=5c34e909063b723c5a215db4fddf2de0&oe=556AE6E1&__gda__=1428942583_f7ff78ce64463c30c92f80324dca1da 1

LongLostAlum
01-10-2015, 11:31 PM
Teams like UNI, Coastal Carolina, Sam Houston State, and Illinois State seem to be getting bigger than NDSU. NDSU is playing smaller and quicker, are better conditioned, but it's getting harder and harder to beat some of these teams. The other teams seem to be doing it by getting a lot of FBS transfers. NDSU, for the most part, is still building their players from the ground up. Just something I've noticed.

Wentz was awesome today, very impressive from the get-go. Great game to watch, an even greater game to watch the Bison win it again.

2011BisonAlumni
01-10-2015, 11:48 PM
Teams like UNI, Coastal Carolina, Sam Houston State, and Illinois State seem to be getting bigger than NDSU. NDSU is playing smaller and quicker, are better conditioned, but it's getting harder and harder to beat some of these teams. The other teams seem to be doing it by getting a lot of FBS transfers. NDSU, for the most part, is still building their players from the ground up. Just something I've noticed.

Wentz was awesome today, very impressive from the get-go. Great game to watch, an even greater game to watch the Bison win it again.

And those four teams you named have a combined 0 national champions whereas NDSU just won their 12th in school history and 4th in the FCS era.

hattonbison
01-10-2015, 11:50 PM
Is there a welcome back party tonite? Might drive down if there is.

MNLonghorn10
01-10-2015, 11:52 PM
lol. Anyone read ISU's board? Butthurt is strong. This is my favorite tho

I was at the game! Here are my thoughts:

First, our football team made me, once again, damn proud to be a Redbird! We will be making return trips to Frisco! Our fans that were there were great! We were in the game the whole game! However, we should not have been outnumbered 4-1 by the stench from North Dakota. I think their whole damn state was there! Next year, when we return to Frisco, we must have a better showing!! It smelled like a pig sty inside of the stadium because of aformentioned stench!

Secondly, about 95% of the ndsu fans are very classless and disrespectful! I am glad to hear that some of you found a few "ok" ndsu fans. Unfortunately, not me! Saying remarks towards me and others around me such as: "warm up the bus, you guys are done", "you guys dont belong on the same field as us","dont cry driving home". Etc..

The last thing i gotta say about the stench from north dakota is this: at the end of my country's National Anthem, the stench ruined it by shouting "home of the bison." That is very disrespectful to me and everyone else who proudly serves our great Country!

But still... Damn proud to be a Redbird!

Yea he's probably a mouth breathing, piece of shit in real life and deserved all he had coming towards him. But to call NDSU fans classless, then make 2 paragraph rant on why NDSU fans suck and smell...is just funny.

These losers deserve no "youll be good next year" posts from NDSU fans. They're pud. This was their one shining moment and they blew it.

Sucks to suck ISURed. Maybe if/when NDSU moves up, you could have a shot at winning it.

56BISON73
01-10-2015, 11:58 PM

have you never been to a Bison game? They do that every game going in to the 4th quarter.

ZHerd
01-11-2015, 12:06 AM

We aren't much smaller but very inexperienced up fromt on the D-line. I think the inexperience on the D line is the major reason for our run defense getting shredded by good backs. If you take KE off this line it isn't exactly special. This year they were just good enough and really our offenses was key this time around this playoff run. We lose KE but I think our D-line will be better as a unit with the experience, and offseason for some guys to get bigger and more explosive.

Hammersmith
01-11-2015, 12:07 AM
Is there a welcome back party tonite? Might drive down if there is.
Nothing official. Plane should be landing 9/9:30ish if no weather/mechanical delays. Any reception will be at the airport.

Hammersmith
01-11-2015, 12:09 AM

Yea he's probably a mouth breathing, piece of shit in real life and deserved all he had coming towards him. But to call NDSU fans classless, then make 2 paragraph rant on why NDSU fans suck and smell...is just funny.

These losers deserve no "youll be good next year" posts from NDSU fans. They're pud. This was their one shining moment and they blew it.

Sucks to suck ISURed. Maybe if/when NDSU moves up, you could have a shot at winning it.

Ehh, one guy. The other fans who were there are saying they had a great time with very few problems if any with Bison fans.

Great experience for our group all the NDSU fans at our hotel and most of them by our section (122) were pretty classy just rooted for their team besides maybe a few who tried to rub it in.

Ugh. I have no voice and my head feels like it got run over by Coprich. What a game. All of us have made comments about how NICE NDSU fans were. We were offered beer, shots, food and candy by NDSU fans as we walked around the tailgate. And hot damn can they tailgate.

My experience with NDSU fans was nothing short of exceptional! They were the classiest fans I can remember ever going up against. Very respectful pre-game in the parking lot, in the concourse before the game and during halftime and especially after the game. I hope we can play them down here next year!

Most of the Bison fans were very gracious. Some were arrogant but not obnoxious.

Buffalo.Rider
01-11-2015, 12:09 AM

can you post a link to it?

HerdBot
01-11-2015, 12:20 AM

We recruit players who fit our system. Smaller? Have you seen our o-line? 6-6, 300 across the board. Our running backs are prototypical NFL sized. Huge TEs, FBs, and a 6-6 QB.

Our Dline rotation averages 6-4, 280. DeLuca is huge. Outside backers are speedy

NDSU1980
01-11-2015, 12:28 AM
can you post a link to it?
http://www.redbirdfan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7207&start=50 Scroll down, I think it's the 4th post

KC Bison
01-11-2015, 12:40 AM

Perhaps Wentz should have downed the ball on the 6 inch line so we could eat up most of the 37 seconds before we scored. I don't think so. I was extremely happy to take the TD when it happened. Too many things can go wrong playing that game.

onbison09
01-11-2015, 12:49 AM
Not exactly anything original here but here goes:
1. I said to my dad, "We always find a way" but I keep waiting for the luck to run out. I know it will eventually, but damn it's amazing how the same movie plays all the time.
2. ISU Red should be the favorite next year. They're a damn good team and pretty young.
3. Their TE getting hurt when he got destroyed by Crockett was huge on the last drive.
4. I thought their fans were great. Nothing but respectful after and during the game. Was also good to see Bison fans congratulating them after the game.
5. My friend who went to the game was stunned at how friendly people are.
6. I think that beat Georgia Southern 2 years ago.
7. My throat hurts.

MNLonghorn10
01-11-2015, 01:06 AM

who knows..NDSU had all 3 timeouts to use still. now had NDSU had no time outs, or 1...the smart thing to do would be to down at the one

A1pigskin
01-11-2015, 01:11 AM
This game will be known as "The Final Ninety Seconds" game. Wow!

Very intense........

1998braves64
01-11-2015, 01:47 AM
Perhaps Wentz should have downed the ball on the 6 inch line so we could eat up most of the 37 seconds before we scored. I don't think so. I was extremely happy to take the TD when it happened. Too many things can go wrong playing that game.

talking ISU and Roberson on their last TD. BISON @ 30 seconds is a lot less time than 1:38... so wouldnt be much benefit there. Although the blocked pat could have been disastrous considering if thorton hadn't had the int.

bisonridge
01-11-2015, 01:52 AM
Great game, great fans except for a few just like our fans. Can't wait to start next year!!!

Scooter1
01-11-2015, 01:57 AM
who knows..NDSU had all 3 timeouts to use still. now had NDSU had no time outs, or 1...the smart thing to do would be to down at the one

No. This is flawed logic. You take the TD and then play defense. The only guaranteed points are points already scored.

Vet70
01-11-2015, 02:10 AM
Over on SS one poster asked "how many back to backs can you put on a shirt?" I wear a large 4x---keep them coming.

1998braves64
01-11-2015, 02:12 AM
No. This is flawed logic. You take the TD and then play defense. The only guaranteed points are points already scored.

They would have 4 plays and 1:37 to punch it in... NDSU would likely have made use of TO though. NDSU nearly left too much time on the clock... True you're not guaranteed points... But 1st and goal on the one is about guaranteed as you can get.

MNLonghorn10
01-11-2015, 02:20 AM

If ndsu doesnt have all 3 time outs...youre talking less than a minute left depending how many TO's left.

It was a perfect storm for NDSU really with the timeout situation. if NDSU had no or 1 timeout left. I would rather have ISU score the touchdown with 90 seconds left than kick the game winning field goal, which is an extra point with no time left.

Yea nothings given. ISUR had to score a TD in that situation, and im sure that it never crossed robersons mind either had NDSU had less t/o's...to take a knee at the one

Christopher Moen
01-11-2015, 02:22 AM
In trying to find an Illinois State blog - to read their views on the game - I ran across this ... made me laugh:
from: http://stories.illinoisstate.edu/magazine/illinois-state/state-side/know-enemy-inside-look-north-dakota-state/

Who has the better team colors?
Yellow and green may work with traffic signals and may look good together in a vegetable spread, but the two colors that most conjure up the cold and flu season don’t make for a sharp team uniform. Even the Oregon Ducks are ditching those colors for their national title game. Also, I have yet to see a yellow and green bison, that is other than on North Dakota State’s logo. Illinois State keeps it colors a traditional red and white. We keep our Redbird red, as well.

Advantage: Illinois State

I guess he/she doesn't' know the colors of the prairie.

Hail the Bison!!!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-11-2015, 02:23 AM
I set my DVR to record the game and forgot to set it to record the program afterwards in case the game went long. My DVR quit recording right before the game winning drive.

Major fail on my part. :facepalm:

yopaulie
01-11-2015, 02:42 AM
The interception will be a discussion point between our teams for a long time. I think the call could have gone either way, but if there wasn't clear control it could transfer until it hits ground (probably why they didn't reverse it). If it were reversed, the crazy part would have been that our penalty for running onto the field would have put them from the 45 to the 30, and into field goal range. That would have been absolutely devastating - what a close play to end the game!

I think we are now their "Eastern Washington".

17>1
01-11-2015, 02:44 AM
I need to change my name...again.

yopaulie
01-11-2015, 02:54 AM

You're not sold on a first year oc who beat a big 12 opponent, won the valley and a national championship? What's the guy have to do walk on water?

I had issues with Polasek early on in the season, especially with the Montana, WIU, and UNI games, but I really think he did a great job overall of play calling thoughout the whole playoffs. I think he improved overall by the end of year. Feeling pretty good about the offense in his hands next year.

17>1
01-11-2015, 03:04 AM
I'm never gonna criticize the ability of a man doing a job that I've never done. Coach K picked this guy, and that's good enough for me.

The only call today that I kind of questioned, was the play call imediately following the recovery of the 2nd half kickoff. Huge momentum grabber right there, why not take a shot in the endzone for an early dagger? Instead, we throw it back to Joe Haag? Hmmm, is what it is, but that one had me scratching my head.

Kevin
01-11-2015, 03:05 AM
I had issues with Polasek early on in the season, especially with the Montana, WIU, and UNI games, but I really think he did a great job overall of play calling thoughout the whole playoffs. I think he improved overall by the end of year. Feeling pretty good about the offense in his hands next year.

There were some growing pains but i think we all expected that.

What gets me is people are always so quick to criticize but slow to praise. The play calling down the stretch of this game and (as you said) in the playoffs in general was awesome.*

*throwback to Haeg aside.

gizmo
01-11-2015, 03:07 AM
In a few years people will look at the historic title winning streak and all they will know is that the Bison won today. They won't know or care about anything but the outcome. The Bison will forever be known as the best team in the history of FCS football!

IzzyFlexion
01-11-2015, 03:28 AM
During my 4 years and now my oldest son's 4years at NDSU.........7 titles.
Proud to be a Bison.

DCinOK
01-11-2015, 03:36 AM
Having been at all 4, for me this was the sweetest one. The 1st was great in its own way....all of the first 3 were. But, the way we won this one...after I thought it was lost, was just absolutely awesome.

bisonp
01-11-2015, 03:48 AM
If ndsu doesnt have all 3 time outs...youre talking less than a minute left depending how many TO's left.

It was a perfect storm for NDSU really with the timeout situation. if NDSU had no or 1 timeout left. I would rather have ISU score the touchdown with 90 seconds left than kick the game winning field goal, which is an extra point with no time left.

Yea nothings given. ISUR had to score a TD in that situation, and im sure that it never crossed robersons mind either had NDSU had less t/o's...to take a knee at the one

ISU was only down by two in that situation so they didn't need the TD. Still, had they only went for the field goal NDSU would have gotten the ball back with only a bit less time left and needing only a FG to win, so a TD was the right call.

CivilBison96
01-11-2015, 03:55 AM
ISU was only down by two in that situation so they didn't need the TD. Still, had they only went for the field goal NDSU would have gotten the ball back with only a bit less time left and needing only a FG to win, so a TD was the right call.

This is the point of the AGS discussion. Yes we would likely have gotten the ball back but they could have forced us to use all our TO's and then have to go the length of the field, I believe they could have kneeled twice then run it in or kick FG if necessary then would have to go 50-60 yards and kick a high pressure FG.

bisonpride4ever
01-11-2015, 05:06 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/10/9f12d60769e44f4a23636978a13d61de.jpg

Neato!!!

BisonFan02
01-11-2015, 05:21 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/10/9f12d60769e44f4a23636978a13d61de.jpg

Neato!!!

https://www.newrockford-sheyenne.k12.nd.us/ms-swedmark/files/2012/10/neature-walk1.jpg

ndsubison1
01-11-2015, 05:25 AM
Yeah would be tough call to make if you did. I think it would have been interesting "move" to make though. Because at that point Bison D would have been reeling from the long run anyway... so getting everyone in the position they needed would be tough.

They wouldve only needed a FG, but still, its not something you risk. It's not natural. You obviously take the score.

1998braves64
01-11-2015, 01:23 PM
They wouldve only needed a FG, but still, its not something you risk. It's not natural. You obviously take the score.

Let me ask this way. What percentage chance did they have of scoring in 4 plays. Keep in mind clock would be running unless NDSU called a TO, likely but maybe not right away?? They could have taken nearly 40 seconds off the clock down to 57 seconds, say they even sluff a play just get back to Los you're now down to less than 30 seconds depending on NDSU calling TO. What percent chance you give ISU scoring a TD from 1 yard out compared to NDSU scoring a TD in less than a minute? Less than 40secs? I think at 1:38 it would be a very borderline call to make with NDSU sitting on 3 TOs. I think the scoring the given TD is safe call to make, but not scoring TD gave them options of squeezing NDSU for as much time and using up TO limiting their play calls on ensuing drive, which makes defense play call much easier. We wouldn't have been able to do a play like we did to get down to 5 yard line or anything to middle of field or if we did have to burn a down or rush something through.

I am being a bit of a devils advocate as I agree take the TD ndsu hasn't passed well all day against us. Defense should have been able to slow us up more than it did because we only used less than a minute.

semobison
01-11-2015, 01:34 PM
All this talk about Roberson taking a knee is nonsense because of the situation on that play. They were 58 yards from the end zone and the red sea opened up for him. Anyone in their right mind would have ran to the end zone. Now, if they had been in the red zone with a minute and a half left down by two I could understand this type of thinking.

A1pigskin
01-11-2015, 02:04 PM
I think when the Redbirds pulled ahead they kind of let themselves down by thinking they had the game.

bisonmike2
01-11-2015, 02:21 PM
Wow did that happen yesterday? Still can't believe it.

bisonridge
01-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Been said but will say it again, thank god for RJ

onbison09
01-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Also, we probably shouldn't chant, "Let's go Bison!" when one of their players is hurt. I know not everyone did it but still :hide:

thebootfitter
01-11-2015, 03:53 PM
Also, we probably shouldn't chant, "Let's go Bison!" when one of their players is hurt. I know not everyone did it but still :hide:
In our section at least, most folks cheered him off the field, then started chanting. That was my impression from around the stadium too, but I could be off.

StL Bison Fan
01-11-2015, 04:09 PM
Im not sure i get his thinking or that this would make me feel better:
“I just told our players after the game that you didn’t lose the game, you just ran out of time,” Illinois State coach Brock Spack said.

onbison09
01-11-2015, 04:09 PM
In our section at least, most folks cheered him off the field, then started chanting. That was my impression from around the stadium too, but I could be off.
I remember people chanting when he first went down. Really a nitpick and certainly not everyone did it, but still a bad look. Definitely got cheers as he got up though.

KilldeerBison
01-11-2015, 04:14 PM

I'm thinking you mean the player #80? It looked to me like, he launched himself, leading with his helmet. Probably one reason you are taught to not do this.

gumby013
01-11-2015, 04:15 PM
All of my muscles are still tense from that fourth quarter. It hurts to move. Probably need to find a chiropractor.

EndZoneQB
01-11-2015, 04:16 PM
“I just told our players after the game that you didn’t lose the game, you just ran out of time,” Illinois State coach Brock Spack said.

Yeah, odd choice of words IMO. Then again, he used his "Bowl Game experience" to prepare for this game...well he was pretty used to "running out of time" in those games too.

I said this in the GDT, but I think this was a good game to be on TV. I think it showcased the brand...it wasn't a blowout and had a bunch of swings/drama.

onbison09
01-11-2015, 04:18 PM
I'm thinking you mean the player #80? It looked to me like, he launched himself, leading with his helmet. Probably one reason you are taught to not do this.
Was that the kick return with Crockett? This was before that because it was down by us and we were by the stage.

StL Bison Fan
01-11-2015, 04:18 PM
I hate the wave

onbison09
01-11-2015, 04:19 PM
I hate the wave
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Stop that BS too. At least it was during a commercial.

KilldeerBison
01-11-2015, 04:23 PM
I was referring to the Crockett return, I was glad John wasn't hurt. Probably could have been a leading with your helmet foul, who knows.

A1pigskin
01-11-2015, 04:24 PM
Wow did that happen yesterday? Still can't believe it.

Ditto............

17>1
01-11-2015, 04:26 PM
As many know, I don't mind the wave usually. It's normally at a point in the game where we have things wrapped up and it's party time. Thought it came out a bit too soon yesterday. Did think it was pretty funny when everyone booed the ISU non participants.

A1pigskin
01-11-2015, 04:28 PM
As many know, I don't mind the wave usually. It's normally at a point in the game where we have things wrapped up and it's party time. Thought it came out a bit too soon yesterday. Did think it was pretty funny when everyone booed the ISU non participants.

They are party poopers.

EndZoneQB
01-11-2015, 04:41 PM

That's because, everywhere else, the wave is still in the 80s-90s.

unbison
01-11-2015, 04:46 PM
That's because, everywhere else, the wave is still in the 80s-90s.

So now it's retro cool?

EndZoneQB
01-11-2015, 05:00 PM
So now it's retro cool?

Touche...it's hipster now.

scottietohottie
01-11-2015, 05:07 PM
Going to be funny when a duck fan or buckeye trys to order a drink tomorrow in Dallas and they get told that it was all drank Saturday!

A1pigskin
01-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Going to be funny when a duck fan or buckeye trys to order a drink tomorrow in Dallas and they get told that it was all drank Saturday!

Head to the hills and get some moonshine..

CivilBison96
01-11-2015, 07:50 PM
Anyone else notice on the sideline shots that ISU Coach Spack was using the old style headphones with the cord and had a guy following him coiling and uncoiling as needed. Is that a superstitious thing for him or Toyota stadium run out of cordless sets?

scottietohottie
01-11-2015, 08:06 PM
Anyone else notice on the sideline shots that ISU Coach Spack was using the old style headphones with the cord and had a guy following him coiling and uncoiling as needed. Is that a superstitious thing for him or Toyota stadium run out of cordless sets?

It's the only headset that works with his mustache. His stache affects the wireless signal!

IndyBison
01-11-2015, 09:15 PM
The helmet rules (especially crown of helmet) are protecting the hitter as much as the hittee.

tony
01-11-2015, 09:35 PM

James O'Shaughnessy, right? He's a hell of a TE, but, as such, he probably doesn't spend any time working on tackling technique.

Hope he's OK.

westnodak93bison
01-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Most of us didn't even know he was down

westnodak93bison
01-11-2015, 09:54 PM
Its called a moral victory. We don't have those at NDSU.

A1pigskin
01-11-2015, 10:06 PM

Maybe ISU needs to upgrade.

Kermit
01-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Most exciting Bison championship game ever. I still haven't come down. Wow.

1998braves64
01-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Most of us didn't even know he was down

I think he was talking about #19.. Earlier in 4th qtr after a punt I think??

1998braves64
01-11-2015, 11:08 PM
What happened to O'Shaughnessy?? He fell to the ground like a bag of rocks and arms were splayed out very awkwardly thought he had a broken arm at first when his teammates tried to drag him up if that had been a spinal injury they could have injured him much worse! He got up and walked but looked like he was having issues with limbs.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

HerdBoy
01-11-2015, 11:10 PM
I thought he might have been knocked unconscious for a moment.

IzzyFlexion
01-11-2015, 11:14 PM

My advice to the Illinois State Athletic Director:
While interviewing any prospective coaches for a sport that ends if a clock is used and said clock is at 00.0 in the final period..............Yeah..........you may want to make sure that they have a firm grasp on the concept that at that point, the team with the fewest amount of points does, indeed, lose the contest........................before hiring them.

MAKBison
01-11-2015, 11:18 PM
I think when the Redbirds pulled ahead they kind of let themselves down by thinking they had the game.

Yeah, after last Birds TD, several of their players got a bit too excited and engaged in some premature taunting of SU fans on that side-----jumping up and down Pointing at the scoreboard, doing the cut your throat sign, bla bla bla

MAKBison
01-11-2015, 11:19 PM

I have seen a few knockouts and Yeah, it sure looked he was knocked out.....He did not return.

1998braves64
01-11-2015, 11:30 PM

must have been very momentarily because almost immediately he moved his leg..

bisoneer
01-12-2015, 12:04 AM
Wife and i watched this game at the Bison game watch party in Las Vegas at the Westgate and it was awesome! A great venue and super hosts! Met some new friends who were all biting their nails as this one went down to the wire. Wentz was great and Urzendowski is unbelievable! Hats off to the coaches, players and trainers. The seniors will be greatly missed. So proud to be an alumni and part of Bison nation.

TNbison
01-12-2015, 12:12 AM
My thoughts: Let's go ahead and make it a baker's dozen.

DCinOK
01-12-2015, 12:25 AM
I have seen a few knockouts and Yeah, he was knocked out.....He did not return.

Watching the game on DVR, they show O'Shaugnessy after the final gun walking off the field holding his head with both hands in emotional anguish. So...he's alright.

Hammersmith
01-12-2015, 12:30 AM
Question to RJ during the postgame press conference:

Q: "What was going through your mind during that last drive?"

A: "Not a whole lot to be honest." <chuckles from his teammates>

MAKBison
01-12-2015, 12:32 AM
Watching the game on DVR, they show O'Shaugnessy after the final gun walking off the field holding his head with both hands in emotional anguish. So...he's alright.

Yeah, if you watch after he is getting checked out he jumps up and appears to be fine. They sure could have used him on that last drive.

bisonpride4ever
01-12-2015, 12:38 AM
Question to RJ during the postgame press conference:

Q: "What was going through your mind during that last drive?"

A: "Not a whole lot to be honest." <chuckles from his teammates>

He's really well spoken for a freshman. So level headed and understands the moment and just does his job. Can't wait for next season.

onbison09
01-12-2015, 12:43 AM
I think he was talking about #19.. Earlier in 4th qtr after a punt I think??
That's it. I don't think the TE hit was helmet to helmet. Just stuff that happens.

Tatanka
01-12-2015, 01:41 AM
Most exciting Bison championship game ever. I still haven't come down. Wow.

Right there with you.

DCinOK
01-12-2015, 01:46 AM
http://gobison.com/news/2015/1/10/FB_0110154125.aspx

Posted on facebook. Great ground level camera views. Just as exciting as yesterday!

roadwarrior
01-12-2015, 02:13 AM
1965-2014 = 50 seasons
12 National Championships!

Not bad.

NDSUSR
01-12-2015, 02:19 AM
I think this sums it up:

http://instagram.com/p/xvA80pNfgH/

CyPanth
01-12-2015, 03:14 AM
http://gobison.com/news/2015/1/10/FB_0110154125.aspx

Posted on facebook. Great ground level camera views. Just as exciting as yesterday!

Great video.

westnodak93bison
01-12-2015, 03:16 AM
1965-2014 = 50 seasons
12 National Championships!

Not bad.
Yeah but we need to win again next year to get our championship win percentage over 25% for the last 50ish years....:hide

Ndsu84
01-12-2015, 03:37 AM
Great clip! Could have been taken from within 20 feet from where I sat. The crown royal tasted a little too good yesterday morning for breakfast! I just watched the entire game at home and I'm pretty sure that's not how the game actually went! Best tailgate ever! But I will not be drinking prior to the games in the future! Ha! (Well that much anyway). I might owe an apology to Mr. Drevlow for talking him to death.

Brud33
01-12-2015, 05:58 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/11/5fd8686e14b3c5cced6382f112646c9e.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/11/349b70e1e85c935590a8dd7b3ab5fa95.jpg
This^^

Sent using Tapatalk

Green1
01-12-2015, 07:00 AM
Awesome pic's!!

Scooter1
01-12-2015, 11:37 AM

Since NDSU had the ball when time expired it really is a dumb thing to say. I hate excuses. Moral victories are ok but not when trying to avoid reality.
Moral victory...we played toe to toe with the national champ and leave it at that.

Pards Rule
01-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Since NDSU had the ball when time expired it really is a dumb thing to say. I hate excuses. Moral victories are ok but not when trying to avoid reality.
Moral victory...we played toe to toe with the national champ and leave it at that.

I'm wondering if the Redbird QB had to do it over again he would have dropped at the one foot line? Of course now he would.

BISON Thunder
01-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Although the Redbird players seemed to do alot of after-the-play yapping, I must say...I thought their fans were wonderful to visit with. Illinois State is going to be really good next year. Would be great to redo this with those guys next year!

tjbison
01-12-2015, 01:10 PM
Although the Redbird players seemed to do alot of after-the-play yapping, I must say...I thought their fans were wonderful to visit with. Illinois State is going to be really good next year. Would be great to redo this with those guys next year!

go to their message board.....wacko over there

fans at the game, good peeps

Bison Dan
01-12-2015, 01:18 PM
I wonder if they play a FBS game next year?

Bisonator98
01-12-2015, 01:19 PM
I wonder if they play a FBS game next year?

They play Iowa next year.

tony
01-12-2015, 01:22 PM
On watching the replay, their DT #99 (Bradon Prate) chased down Carson Wentz from behind on that 3rd quarter 35-yard run when I thought that Carson had a great chance to take it score on a 69-yard run (NDSU ended up scoring anyway, but still.)

bisonsupporter
01-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Post Game thoughts:

1. Illinois St very good team. Should make a run next season
2. Wentz needs to work on seeing the field. Missed TE or WR open in the middle (and even behind the safeties) on most rollouts. Scrambles were different.
3. Roberson needed help at WR. They had way too many dropped passes.
4. Next season will be a battle, Coastal Carolina and Illinois St shown they are ready for the big time this postseason. Both teams have a lot returning.
5. Polesek needs to work on play calling. Please tell me WTH he was thinking beginning of 3rd qtr when we recovered the kickoff?
6. I think if Vraa wants a shot at the next level, he needs to return. If his body is saying no more, then go out a champion. Kid has given the team everything.

Bisonator98
01-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Post Game thoughts:

1. Illinois St very good team. Should make a run next season
2. Wentz needs to work on seeing the field. Missed TE or WR open in the middle (and even behind the safeties) on most rollouts. Scrambles were different.
3. Roberson needed help at WR. They had way too many dropped passes.
4. Next season will be a battle, Coastal Carolina and Illinois St shown they are ready for the big time this postseason. Both teams have a lot returning.
5. Polesek needs to work on play calling. Please tell me WTH he was thinking beginning of 3rd qtr when we recovered the kickoff?
6. I think if Vraa wants a shot at the next level, he needs to return. If his body is saying no more, then go out a champion. Kid has given the team everything.

I agree the throwback to Haeg was foolish there.

Another thing the coaches need to look at is the end of the first half. We had a chance at more points there. Why not start with a throw or 2 and try to get some yardage rather then run the ball first? You can run the clock out if the first pass doesn't produce anything anyway. I absolutely hate wasting a possession like that.

Bison 4 Life
01-12-2015, 01:50 PM

Another thing the coaches need to look at is the end of the first half. We had a chance at more points there. Why not start with a throw or 2 and try to get some yardage rather then run the ball first? You can run the clock out if the first pass doesn't produce anything anyway. I absolutely hate wasting a possession like that.

They had 1:07 and the GW drive in the 4th was 1:01. I totally agree. Sometimes they act like they're playing with house money. Every point counts.

bisonsupporter
01-12-2015, 02:05 PM

I agree, try a pass on 1st down (why not they did it all game), if that doesnt work, Run a draw or a jet sweep (to see if a big play). both get stuffed, kneel on it. Illinois St was content to go in the locker room.

imperial
01-12-2015, 02:29 PM
Not sure if I saw this anywhere but the most important play of the game in my mind, at least based on where we were sitting at the game, was the blitz pick up by Crockett that allowed Wentz to get the ball to RJ. Crockett did a hell of a job making that block and keeping Wentz from getting destroyed.

Bisonville GasMan
01-12-2015, 02:35 PM
They had 1:07 and the GW drive in the 4th was 1:01. I totally agree. Sometimes they act like they're playing with house money. Every point counts.

I like how you put it that way...that's how it felt to me too. A couple series felt like we were just not doing what got us there in the first place...

Herd12
01-12-2015, 02:40 PM
To be fair, we have done well with a LOT of hokey shit in Frisco that no one complained about because it worked. Voigtlander fake punt, jump pass come to mind.

Bison 4 Life
01-12-2015, 02:45 PM
Not sure if I saw this anywhere but the most important play of the game in my mind, at least based on where we were sitting at the game, was the blitz pick up by Crockett that allowed Wentz to get the ball to RJ. Crockett did a hell of a job making that block and keeping Wentz from getting destroyed.

He knew it was coming and the other kid knew he knew he was coming and tried to jump over him. That was a remarkable exchange.

VirginiaBison
01-12-2015, 03:08 PM
Not sure if I saw this anywhere but the most important play of the game in my mind, at least based on where we were sitting at the game, was the blitz pick up by Crockett that allowed Wentz to get the ball to RJ. Crockett did a hell of a job making that block and keeping Wentz from getting destroyed. Yes, it was mentioned a couple of times about Crockett teacupping the blitzer. JC made an awesome play coming from the right side and just absolutely destroying the guy. Great end to a fabulous career.

cbline
01-12-2015, 03:22 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/11/5fd8686e14b3c5cced6382f112646c9e.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/11/349b70e1e85c935590a8dd7b3ab5fa95.jpg
This^^

Sent using Tapatalk

Funny how the "dust got in my eyes" when I saw these photos! Thanks for sharing!

5NDSU8
01-12-2015, 03:28 PM
I don't know if this has been brought up anywhere, but did anyone see Tre Roberson stay on the field after the game and take in the entire post game ceremony? He stood on the sideline and shook hands with players and all Bison fans that came his way. Might be just my take, but that is extremely classy compared to how other teams, players have reacted to losing a championship game. Shows a lot of character and I'm sure he will be hungry come this fall.

The_Sicatoka
01-12-2015, 03:41 PM
One must acknowledge continued, consistent performance as NDSU has shown over the past four seasons. Congratulations.

PattyBison
01-12-2015, 03:50 PM
There is a new panoramic photo out....

http://www.panoramas.com/ndsu-bison-fcs-championship-panoramic-fcs15.html

ndsubison1
01-12-2015, 03:55 PM
I don't know if this has been brought up anywhere, but did anyone see Tre Roberson stay on the field after the game and take in the entire post game ceremony? He stood on the sideline and shook hands with players and all Bison fans that came his way. Might be just my take, but that is extremely classy compared to how other teams, players have reacted to losing a championship game. Shows a lot of character and I'm sure he will be hungry come this fall.

interesting. He didn't seem cocky or anything. I respect him as a player.

TransAmBison
01-12-2015, 03:56 PM
I don't know if this has been brought up anywhere, but did anyone see Tre Roberson stay on the field after the game and take in the entire post game ceremony? He stood on the sideline and shook hands with players and all Bison fans that came his way. Might be just my take, but that is extremely classy compared to how other teams, players have reacted to losing a championship game. Shows a lot of character and I'm sure he will be hungry come this fall.As we were leaving we ran into Tre Roberson's parents. They watched the whole thing as well. We talked to them for quite a while. They were extremely classy people...which really wasn't a surprise after meeting all the great Ill St fans out in the tailgating lot.

td577
01-12-2015, 04:00 PM
Here is my take after finally catching up on some sleep after a fun weekend in Frisco:

1. I had made comments before the game about ISU not being patient enough to grind it out. Coprich was effective and I would have let him pound it out on a few drives. Some of the big plays they had were from openings created by Roberson taking off, but they were throwing the ball deep a lot. They were putting themselves in a lot of 3rd and longs where I thought Coprich was misused for a lot of the game. If they were more patient and willing to grind, maybe a different outcome. Obviously a redbird can't change its strips.
2. If we never see that lineman pass play again it will be too soon.
3. They played defense very much like UNI did. When they pressured CW, the d-backs fronted our receivers. You see what happens when instead of going by the book and coming back when CW starts scrambling when Vraa turned and slipped behind the defenders. Since more teams are going to try to emulate that defense, we need to see more of that. While Vraa looked like he was running in mud, his hands are still great.
4. We sat around some ISU fans. While they tried to get into the smack talking game, we put an end to it very quickly. They need to go to more football games. Clearly uneducated.
5. CW looked a lot different when instead of waiting for someone to get open, like he has done a lot of the year, he simply just took off. It was a nice change and punished the defense when they failed to contain. I thought their d-backs were pretty good, but small.
6. I would like to see them work with Darius Anderson's receiving this off season. I think he could do a lot of damage with crossing routes and slants. He is slippery and when he gets some space, he can eat up some yards very quickly. His senior season could look a bit like Ryan Smith out there getting him into some open space and seeing what he can do.
7. I really like Perkins in the return game. He knows to turn it on, eat up some yards, and makes the coverage team work to bring him down.
8. The first SHSU game was special because it was the first. So that is 1a but this game became 1b. A lot of schools out there are specifically targeting NDSU as the program to catch up to and are doing a decent job of doing so. They are getting closer. It still takes 60 minutes of football to beat the Bison, we keep reloading, and Bison football is still the king. A couple of times I thought we were going to pull away, they kept countering. We still had them with their hands on their hips in the fourth quarter, but they wouldn't go away.

runtheoption
01-12-2015, 04:01 PM
I don't know if this has been brought up anywhere, but did anyone see Tre Roberson stay on the field after the game and take in the entire post game ceremony? He stood on the sideline and shook hands with players and all Bison fans that came his way. Might be just my take, but that is extremely classy compared to how other teams, players have reacted to losing a championship game. Shows a lot of character and I'm sure he will be hungry come this fall.Talk about feeding the fire for next year. He will remember what he saw, and want that for his program. I am pretty sure he will be putting up video game-like numbers next fall.

ndsubison1
01-12-2015, 04:04 PM
We could do some quick throws and screens with Darius. He could potentially be a slot guy.

illinois State could be a force as long as Spack stays. Build that defense up a bit and they could do more damage. Could see a rematch in Frisco just like SHSU.

bri-dog
01-12-2015, 04:17 PM
Damn -- tough catching up after 4 days of very little Bisonville.

One thing I wanted to post a few games ago, but I didn't want to jinx the Bison -- I was a little concerned coming into this year about LS with the loss of Michael Murphy. James Fisher stepped in as a Redshirt Freshman and did an incredible job. I didn't see EVERY play this season, but almost. Did he have a bad snap all year?

coloradobison
01-12-2015, 04:19 PM
Damn -- tough catching up after 4 days of very little Bisonville.

One thing I wanted to post a few games ago, but I didn't want to jinx the Bison -- I was a little concerned coming into this year about LS with the loss of Michael Murphy. James Fisher stepped in as a Redshirt Freshman and did an incredible job. I didn't see EVERY play this season, but almost. Did he have a bad snap all year?

I remember LeCompte being a little upset with a couple of punt snaps I believe, but everything seemed to go very well.

5NDSU8
01-12-2015, 04:38 PM

Here is one more thing I found after the game - You would assume somebody transferring "down" would say the exact opposite, but there is something to be said about team speed in the MVFC....

cbline
01-12-2015, 05:38 PM
McFooley never ceases to amaze. Here's a quote about the Wentz to RJ pass from his KFGO blog: "The 33-yarder was a wobbly, under thrown toss the quarterback himself described as "terrible," but he was saved when Urzendowski battled with (pushed off?) ISU's DraShane Glass and came down with the catch."

My God, there was NEVER any discussion of whether there was a push by RJ on that play!!! Look back at ESPN, and you'll see minor contact from both players as they ran downfield. The difference was RJ having the sense to look for the ball and adjust, not to keep running straight downfield like the defender.

IndyBison
01-12-2015, 05:48 PM
McFooley never ceases to amaze. Here's a quote about the Wentz to RJ pass from his KFGO blog: "The 33-yarder was a wobbly, under thrown toss the quarterback himself described as "terrible," but he was saved when Urzendowski battled with (pushed off?) ISU's DraShane Glass and came down with the catch."

My God, there was NEVER any discussion of whether there was a push by RJ on that play!!! Look back at ESPN, and you'll see minor contact from both players as they ran downfield. The difference was RJ having the sense to look for the ball and adjust, not to keep running straight downfield like the defender.

When I first saw it I thought it looked like a push-off. On replay it just appears the defender kept running and the receiver stopped and caught the ball. Good no call.

Bisonator98
01-12-2015, 06:34 PM
Yeah I can't figure out how people are seeing a push on that play. They never even made contact, RJ adjusted to the ball and the DB fell down. Somebody is either seeing what they want to or hasn't really seen a good slow mo replay of it.

bri-dog
01-12-2015, 06:40 PM
The refs COULD have called a 15-yarder on Carson Wentz on the last TD for excessive celebration as he threw the football a little too high in the air for their liking. They didn't call it because they didn't feel right getting a little ticky-tack in that situation.* Not sure what Indy thinks, but that would've pissed me off...

*the refs stayed in our hotel, so we talked to them quite a bit at breakfast both Saturday morning and Sunday morning.

THEsocalledfan
01-12-2015, 06:41 PM
When I first saw it I thought it looked like a push-off. On replay it just appears the defender kept running and the receiver stopped and caught the ball. Good no call.

I agree with this. Live, in person, I thought the same thing, but I quickly realized there was nothing to it when I saw the replay in the stadium. I agree it was a dumb thing for McFeeley to say. All he had to do was look at the replay.

THEsocalledfan
01-12-2015, 06:47 PM
In reading all the post game stuff, one thing really struck me; it was the discussion about Friday practice and how crazy awesome it is that some many former players show up, including current NFL guys. PL has told me how great it is in the past, but the really cool thing is it is almost like it is growing at this point, not peaking and declining.

I think that is pretty much much all, anyone needs to know about Bison football to understand the success. No one takes it for granted and the foundation of the success was paved long ago. Further, those who did that paving have never quit caring about their winning legacy they have entrusted that legacy to the current set of young men.

Ain't it great being a Bison fan?

PattyBison
01-12-2015, 07:22 PM

In all fairness, he responded to a tweet last night and said he was watching the replay and felt there was minimal contact. He said it looked like a push off from the press box, but upon replay review he changed his mind.

THEsocalledfan
01-12-2015, 07:24 PM
In all fairness, he responded to a tweet last night and said he was watching the replay and felt there was minimal contact. He said it looked like a push off from the press box, but upon replay review he changed his mind.

Could he not see the video board in the stadium? That was what was weird about it to me.....

MAKBison
01-12-2015, 07:26 PM
INDY, can you please clarify the PI call with regard to the DB looking back for the ball. I have always been under the impression there is no requirement for the DB to look back for the FB. Yes you hear how the flag was thrown because the DB was no looking for the ball.

CyPanth
01-12-2015, 07:29 PM
*the refs stayed in our hotel, so we talked to them quite a bit at breakfast both Saturday morning and Sunday morning.

If I were a ref, the last thing I would want is for people at my hotel to know I was there, especially after the game.

MAKBison
01-12-2015, 07:32 PM

Pass happened right in front of me..... Ill rewatch tonight maybe.

My thought as I seen it at the game from the stands. RJ seen the ball was under thrown and sold the DB that is what not once the DB was beside him RJ kinda did an O'lay type move and came back for the ball. Clean play, but depending your angle it could have looked like RJ pushed the guy past him. I really think RJ sold the DB on the ball being out in front of him....would love to find out from RJ if he baited that guy or it just happened how it happened Anyway my .02

56BISON73
01-12-2015, 07:35 PM

There was some hand fighting and the defender tripped up on his own two feet. From where I sat it did look like a push off to me also. But on replay(at home) it wasnt even close to a push off.

westnodak93bison
01-12-2015, 07:38 PM
How about the first long pass to RJ on the final drive. Looked like a possible horse collar or am I splitting hairs?

56BISON73
01-12-2015, 07:38 PM
INDY, can you please clarify the PI call with regard to the DB looking back for the ball. I have always been under the impression there is no requirement for the DB to look back for the FB. Yes you hear how the flag was thrown because the DB was no looking for the ball.

You dont have to look for the ball. But you cant put your hands up in the air to shield the receivers chance of catching the ball without looking for the ball.

THEsocalledfan
01-12-2015, 07:42 PM
You dont have to look for the ball. But you cant put your hands up in the air to shield the receivers chance of catching the ball without looking for the ball.

Not to mention that if you a playing the ball, you'd not get called for contact as it is incidental at that point.

56BISON73
01-12-2015, 07:44 PM
Not to mention that if you a playing the ball, you'd not get called for contact as it is incidental at that point.

Very good. :biggrin:

MAKBison
01-12-2015, 07:44 PM
How about the first long pass to RJ on the final drive. Looked like a possible horse collar or am I splitting hairs?

I was thinking the exact same thing, we were even hollering for the flag

THEsocalledfan
01-12-2015, 07:47 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing, we were even hollering for the flag

One thing I'll give these refs credit for; they seemed to be determined they were going to let the players decide the game. Yes, I know Emanuel literally got raped over and over and over, but I was glad they did not call ticky tack stuff.

MAKBison
01-12-2015, 07:49 PM

Ok here is how I was taught......when the receivers hands go up, your hands go up. it does not matter if your back is still to the LOS or not. What you cant do is put your hands in front of the face mask. But I admit I could be all wrong.

Bison bison
01-12-2015, 07:49 PM
One thing I'll give these refs credit for; they seemed to be determined they were going to let the players decide the game. Yes, I know Emanuel literally got raped over and over and over, but I was glad they did not call ticky tack stuff.

.................................:facepalm:

NorthernBison
01-12-2015, 07:58 PM
The refs COULD have called a 15-yarder on Carson Wentz on the last TD for excessive celebration as he threw the football a little too high in the air for their liking. They didn't call it because they didn't feel right getting a little ticky-tack in that situation.* Not sure what Indy thinks, but that would've pissed me off...

I was expecting a flag there. Unless they changed the rule, throwing the ball in the air was specifically listed as a violation. At full speed, I thought RJ pushed off. The replay showed it as incidental with no real advantage gained.

MAKBison
01-12-2015, 08:01 PM
.................................:facepalm:

Not sure why the facepalm, they guys hands were all over KE helmet

Bison 4 Life
01-12-2015, 08:02 PM

But did they pull KE's pants down and grab his dick? Did they penetrate him? No. Then he didn't literally get raped.

bisonaudit
01-12-2015, 08:03 PM
Three playoff games were one possession contests effectively ended on interceptions by the Bison defense.

NorthernBison
01-12-2015, 08:05 PM
INDY, can you please clarify the PI call with regard to the DB looking back for the ball. I have always been under the impression there is no requirement for the DB to look back for the FB. Yes you hear how the flag was thrown because the DB was no looking for the ball.If you're not looking for the ball and making a play on the ball, you better not make any contact with the receiver. I think you get more leeway to have some physical contact if you and the receiver are both making a play on the ball. Too often, our CB's are trying to get back in the play and simply haven't had a chance to turn and look for the ball.

Bison 4 Life
01-12-2015, 08:08 PM
If you're not looking for the ball and making a play on the ball, you better not make any contact with the receiver. I think you get more leeway to have some physical contact if you and the receiver are both making a play on the ball. Too often, our CB's are trying to get back in the play and simply haven't had a chance to turn and look for the ball.

I think this is where the 2 pointer discussion comes in. The receiver never looked back for the ball.

MAKBison
01-12-2015, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=Bison 4 Life;972325]But did they pull KE's pants down and grab his dick? Did they penetrate him? No. Then he didn't literally get raped.[/QUOTE

You knew what they guy meant: its called Hyperbole

Hyperbole is a figure of speech that uses an exaggerated or extravagant statement to create a strong emotional response. As a figure of speech it is not intended to be taken literally. Hyperbole is frequently used for humour

Bison 4 Life
01-12-2015, 08:17 PM
You knew what they guy meant: its called Hyperbole

Hyperbole is a figure of speech that uses an exaggerated or extravagant statement to create a strong emotional response. As a figure of speech it is not intended to be taken literally. Hyperbole is frequently used for humour

The misuse of literally can never be excused.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
01-12-2015, 08:22 PM
Post Game:

Our secondary looked like they were playing in lead shoes. 21 points gifted to ISU by way of big errors. Smith doesn't bother to look around to see where the friggen ball is, hits him in the back...7 points ISU. Thornton watches ball come right at him then knocks it down instead of catching it for possible pick 6...7 points ISU. Two or three bison DBs play catch and release on sideline with their tight end....7 points ISU.

I agree with the awful play calling after the kickoff turnover/recovery. Squandered a big chance there. I also thought the 3rd down play with Crockett, second to last possession, when we needed at least one more 1st down to eat clock and possibly put the game out of reach was an awful call.

The 3 week delay seemed to hurt the Bison more than ISU. But they played just good enough to win the 4th title. Congrats!!

NorthernBison
01-12-2015, 08:25 PM
Look up the definition of "Literally".

Bison bison
01-12-2015, 08:30 PM

Unless you're the AP.

JMB
01-12-2015, 08:34 PM

Speaking of KE. I thought he struggled a bit with footing on the grass. Everytime he tried to turn the corner on the pass rush, he seemed to go down. Granted the OT probably had some to do with that, but wrong cleats maybe?

MAKBison
01-12-2015, 08:41 PM

You do realize that what your saying is that they guy either does not know the meaning of the word literally or he thinks the a real rape occurred. Its obvious both are untrue. Thus, essentially what is being said is the poster is an idiot. However, in reality the poster is using Hyperbole. Thus, its not a misuse of the word (literally).

My pointy it that there is no need to be a grammar snob. If our going to be a grammar snob, at least be correct.

56BISON73
01-12-2015, 08:43 PM
If you're not looking for the ball and making a play on the ball, you better not make any contact with the receiver. I think you get more leeway to have some physical contact if you and the receiver are both making a play on the ball. Too often, our CB's are trying to get back in the play and simply haven't had a chance to turn and look for the ball.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This.

MAKBison
01-12-2015, 08:45 PM
Speaking of KE. I thought he struggled a bit with footing on the grass. Everytime he tried to turn the corner on the pass rush, he seemed to go down. Granted the OT probably had some to do with that, but wrong cleats maybe?

I agree with the grass issue. I think you also have to understand that by design SU wanted the ends to get deep penetration so as to force the QB to stay in the pocket or flush up the middle. From that standpoint KE did a superb job ( he did get burned on the one long run when he did bit on an inside fake hand off).

Bison 4 Life
01-12-2015, 08:47 PM
You do realize that what your saying is that they guy either does not know the meaning of the word literally or he thinks the a real rape occurred. Its obvious both are untrue. Thus, essentially what is being said is the poster is an idiot. However, in reality the poster is using Hyperbole. Thus, its not a misuse of the word (literally).

My pointy it that there is no need to be a grammar snob. If our going to be a grammar snob, at least be correct.

I am correct, but that is immaterial.

I actually did let it go but someone else didn't and you responded to that post. You either couldn't figure out why or actually did want to get into a grammar slapfight with someone. I gave you credit for the former and explained why. You clearly wanted the latter and continued with this conversation.

Now, do you want to continue this mental masturbation or talk football?

runtheoption
01-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Speaking of KE. I thought he struggled a bit with footing on the grass. Everytime he tried to turn the corner on the pass rush, he seemed to go down. Granted the OT probably had some to do with that, but wrong cleats maybe?My head literally exploded every time KE was figuratively raped by the ISU-r offensive line.

I just hyperbole'd the shit out of that motherfucker. Literally.

MAKBison
01-12-2015, 08:48 PM
Look up the definition of "Literally".

Look up the definition of Hyperbole

MAKBison
01-12-2015, 08:49 PM
My head literally exploded every time KE was figuratively raped by the ISU-r offensive line.

And rep sent!

Bison 4 Life
01-12-2015, 08:52 PM
My head literally exploded every time KE was figuratively raped by the ISU-r offensive line.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/54131821.jpg

TransAmBison
01-12-2015, 08:55 PM
my head literally exploded every time ke was figuratively raped by the isu-r offensive line.

I just hyperbole'd the shit out of that motherfucker. Literally.ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BisonNeil
01-12-2015, 08:56 PM
They would have 4 plays and 1:37 to punch it in... NDSU would likely have made use of TO though. NDSU nearly left too much time on the clock... True you're not guaranteed points... But 1st and goal on the one is about guaranteed as you can get.

I don't get what your saying. NDSU had first and goal from the five, there was never going to be a first and goal from the one. Never.

You take the points when you can get them. NDSU had first and goal from the five last year against Towson and never scored. Any other logic from you guys that you burn clock to give them less time is, well, just plain dumb.

perthbison
01-12-2015, 08:56 PM

I just hyperbole'd the shit out of that motherfucker. Literally.The entirety of the playoffs involved our opponents offensive line doing more raping than a jail full of perverts. This was the cause of much hyperbole, and I mean that literally, or maybe figuratively.

NorthernBison
01-12-2015, 08:58 PM
Look up the definition of Hyperbole
I got it. I just happened to take a newswriting class from Lou Richardson. Your hyperbole BS, while technically correct, would not have saved you from an F in her lab. Same thing with "alot". Literally and Figuratively were absolutes for her. We had a couple guys who had to transfer to Sue Morton's section to avoid retaking the lab.

THEsocalledfan
01-12-2015, 09:00 PM
I don't get what your saying. NDSU had first and goal from the five, there was never going to be a first and goal from the one. Never.

You take the points when you can get them. NDSU had first and goal from the five last year against Towson and never scored. Any other logic from you guys that you burn clock to give them less time is, well, just plain dumb.

I think the only possible criticism, and this is a big stretch, is maybe Klieman should have taken the clock down to about 30 seconds after the the big catch. Enough time to basically do what you want for 3-4 plays an one time out, and leave the opposition with nothing. Again, big stretch for criticism, and I can't fault how it was handled at all.

MAKBison
01-12-2015, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=Bison 4 Life;972363]I am correct, but that is immaterial.

I actually did let it go but someone else didn't and you responded to that post. You either couldn't figure out why or actually did want to get into a grammar slapfight with someone. I gave you credit for the former and explained why. You clearly wanted the latter and continued with this conversation.

Now, do you want to continue this mental masturbation or talk football?[/QUOTE

Sure thing, but you are wrong.

The poster was simply exaggerating the statement to make a point that KE was being held. "literally rapped" As a figure of speech it is not intended to be taken ummmmm gulp...literally! YOu are hating on the guy for your literal interpretation, which is not the intention of the statement. again its called Hyperbole

Bison bison
01-12-2015, 09:01 PM
Hyperbole is a figure of speech that uses an exaggerated or extravagant statement to create a strong emotional response. As a figure of speech it is not intended to be taken literally.

I'm confused.

BisonAccountant44
01-12-2015, 09:01 PM
I'm just glad nobody tried to use "irregardless"

Bison bison
01-12-2015, 09:02 PM
The poster was simply exaggerating the statement to make a point that KE was being held. "l

But it's obvious without the addition of 'literally', otherwise NDSU would have literally made it on Sportscenter.

NDSUSR
01-12-2015, 09:02 PM
Less than 48 hours after a 4peat and Bisonville posters are arguing with each other like 5 year old kids.
I am shocked

Bison bison
01-12-2015, 09:05 PM
Milk drinker.

perthbison
01-12-2015, 09:05 PM
Less than 48 hours after a 4peat and Bisonville posters are arguing with each other like 5 year old kids.
I am shockedBe that as it may, it is the off season

perthbison
01-12-2015, 09:07 PM
I am shockedBe that as it may, it is the off season:confused:

NDSUSR
Be that as it may, it is the off season

I like to think of it as day 2 of the new season. :)

StL Bison Fan
I am shocked

May be, but doesn't it feel good when all is normal ( or what passes for normal here) ?

perthbison
01-12-2015, 09:08 PM
I like to think of it as day 2 of the new season. :)Yeah, figuratively speaking it is.

NDSUSR
01-12-2015, 09:13 PM
Yeah, figuratively speaking it is.

Literally? heh.

MAKBison
01-12-2015, 09:14 PM
I got it. I just happened to take a newswriting class from Lou Richardson. Your hyperbole BS, while technically correct, would not have saved you from an F in her lab. Same thing with "alot". Literally and Figuratively were absolutes for her. We had a couple guys who had to transfer to Sue Morton's section to avoid retaking the lab.

1. I did not write it, someone else did. I just pointed out those hating on the guy are in the wrong.

2. I am glad you took a class and I am happy you understand that I am "technically correct" but here is the deal.... this is not a class being graded by LR, This is certainly not the AP etc. This is sports forum were people come to share their thoughts and emotions through written conversation. Thus, there is no need to hate on a guy for contributing, especially when he is "technically correct" in what he did.

MAKBison
01-12-2015, 09:18 PM
But it's obvious without the addition of 'literally', otherwise NDSU would have literally made it on Sportscenter.

I know it is/was....Shoot I just responded to you so I could make a helmet joke. Then the other two had to chime in. I am literally sitting here wasting time before I have to run to a dissertation defense. :biggrin:

Bison 4 Life
01-12-2015, 09:23 PM
I know it is/was....Shoot I just responded to you so I could make a helmet joke. Then the other two had to chime in. I am literally sitting here wasting time before I have to run to a dissertation defense. :biggrin:

Actually, you're mostly covering for the fact that you didn't understand what the facepalm was for. No biggie.

TransAmBison
01-12-2015, 09:26 PM
Morans...............................

wildh
01-12-2015, 09:26 PM

The whole talk about either team downing it at the one to allow less time for the other to score when you already behind is simply monday morning coaching....all of which are a bit crazy really. If you have the lead and your trying to eat up time that's one thing, but when you are behind and have gauranteed points in hand, you take them. False start, 12 men in the huddle, fumbled snap, fumbled exchange, etc, etc, etc. Think of all the things that you risk by not just scoring.

So now that is put to bed....GO BISON.

Crazy good game! I thought it was well ref'd and well played by both sides. Either team deserved to win, but I'm dang glad NDSU came out on top.

Really it could be a ESPN 30 for 30 on how there were some many reasons why they shouldn't have been able to pull off the fourth. It's been an amazing run and incredible as a fan to watch. Can't imagine being on the field.

Congrats to those involved. Enjoy a little rest and best of luck in your future, on or off the field.

REALBird
01-12-2015, 09:28 PM
Bison fans,

Geez hadn't posted in so long I had to reset my password. THAT being said, "wasn't that fun?" My team lost, and damn it still stings, but it was a hellava football game. It's not like getting your doors blown off and having to sit through the outcome, knowing you lost. This game went down to the wire, and WOW! One minute I'm feeling the euphoria of watching Tre Roberson run to paydirt, the next I'm watching Wentz counter.

I saw it too many times this year, so I thought we still had a chance until the INT sealed the deal. Oh well. THAT WAS FOOTBALL.

Like many Bird fans, I found your fans to be knowledgeable, gracious and very personable. I enjoyed every interaction this weekend, and you guys seem to be pretty down to earth and likeable people. Every fan base has "a few" and I met too many GOOD Bison fans to let the one I encountered put a damper on my weekend in Frisco.

To the group who I encountered prior to the game, I'm serious I still want to know if you left anyone back in North Dakota. Seems you brought the whole state with you. Nothing left but the family dog, and I think he was watching the game too!

To the guy I met on the concourse waiting for my wife. You need that new jacket with the 4 time National Champion patch now. But just like we chatted about, it's a nice problem to have. LOL.

The the gentleman and his son seated behind me in Section 108 on the concourse. Enjoyed every bit of the game, I know you probably wished you had stayed after the Roberson TD, but I understand having to make a 14 hour drive home too. Thanks for the compliment about our team, and for wishing us a safe trip home. Hope you made it home safe as well.

To the group of Bison co-eds I chatted up in "In-N-Out" burger who stopped off in Wichita. Hope you made it home, and THANK YOU for personally stopping by our table to wish us well and "safe travels".

The the gents who I chatted with in the "In-N-Out".........we said it all "hellava game".

To the couple we chatted up in Oklahoma at Starbucks. Thanks for the well wishes on our safe travels. We made it home, but barely. Lots of snow and sleet. But that's what it was all about, everyone making it home safely. Football and the braggin rights was just part of the spirit of sportsmanship.

To the young lad who walked past our table at "In-N-Out" and just felt the need to yell "Go Bison". Youthful exhuberance is a wonderful thing. I don't fault you for it, but honestly you couldn't steal my joy if I lived three more lifetimes. I sat at that game with my 8 year old son, and he told me he was so happy we made the 13 1/2 hour drive to Frisco. He was sad we lost, but said hopefully we can beat the Bison next year when we play in Frisco. I told him "that would be a wonderful thing". When you get older and get some perspective, you'll realize that being a part of something as special as "Bison Nation" means you win with class and dignity. You are the anomoly on the otherwise GREAT hospitality shown by Bison fans. But I was once young and did foolish things too in my lifetime. No worries.

Guys, thanks for letting me raid your board again. Good luck in the off season. Same time next January???? Maybe this time the NCAA will get it right and give us the rightful #1 and #2 seeds to match our seasons.

Congrats on a great season, and another championship!

MAKBison
01-12-2015, 09:35 PM
Actually, you're mostly covering for the fact that you didn't understand what the facepalm was for. No biggie.

CMON your not really mad about this...so you were wrong. its no big deal. Anyway, if you wanna go back and forth fine take it to my pm Ill be back in an hour.

Bison 4 Life
01-12-2015, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I had zero problems with any ISU fans before, during, or after the game. Most of your older fans were great. There was a problem near W4/W5. If any of you saw the group that rented the mechanical bull it appears that a tour company had bought 28 spots and was attempting to set up an event for the people that traveled with them. While they were setting up, a car full of younger ISU fans drives right into the middle of their thing and parks. When asked to find another spot so they could set up freely they said "tough shit, tow it". Starting the morning with a chip on your shoulder is pretty bad. I really wanted to see their dejected faces afterwards but they must have run to their car and gotten out of there before we could.

TransAmBison
01-12-2015, 09:39 PM
Bison fans,

Geez hadn't posted in so long I had to reset my password. THAT being said, "wasn't that fun?" My team lost, and damn it still stings, but it was a hellava football game. It's not like getting your doors blown off and having to sit through the outcome, knowing you lost. This game went down to the wire, and WOW! One minute I'm feeling the euphoria of watching Tre Roberson run to paydirt, the next I'm watching Wentz counter.

I saw it too many times this year, so I thought we still had a chance until the INT sealed the deal. Oh well. THAT WAS FOOTBALL.

Like many Bird fans, I found your fans to be knowledgeable, gracious and very personable. I enjoyed every interaction this weekend, and you guys seem to be pretty down to earth and likeable people. Every fan base has "a few" and I met too many GOOD Bison fans to let the one I encountered put a damper on my weekend in Frisco.

To the group who I encountered prior to the game, I'm serious I still want to know if you left anyone back in North Dakota. Seems you brought the whole state with you. Nothing left but the family dog, and I think he was watching the game too!

To the guy I met on the concourse waiting for my wife. You need that new jacket with the 4 time National Champion patch now. But just like we chatted about, it's a nice problem to have. LOL.

The the gentleman and his son seated behind me in Section 108 on the concourse. Enjoyed every bit of the game, I know you probably wished you had stayed after the Roberson TD, but I understand having to make a 14 hour drive home too. Thanks for the compliment about our team, and for wishing us a safe trip home. Hope you made it home safe as well.

To the group of Bison co-eds I chatted up in "In-N-Out" burger who stopped off in Wichita. Hope you made it home, and THANK YOU for personally stopping by our table to wish us well and "safe travels".

The the gents who I chatted with in the "In-N-Out".........we said it all "hellava game".

To the couple we chatted up in Oklahoma at Starbucks. Thanks for the well wishes on our safe travels. We made it home, but barely. Lots of snow and sleet. But that's what it was all about, everyone making it home safely. Football and the braggin rights was just part of the spirit of sportsmanship.

To the young lad who walked past our table at "In-N-Out" and just felt the need to yell "Go Bison". Youthful exhuberance is a wonderful thing. I don't fault you for it, but honestly you couldn't steal my joy if I lived three more lifetimes. I sat at that game with my 8 year old son, and he told me he was so happy we made the 13 1/2 hour drive to Frisco. He was sad we lost, but said hopefully we can beat the Bison next year when we play in Frisco. I told him "that would be a wonderful thing". When you get older and get some perspective, you'll realize that being a part of something as special as "Bison Nation" means you win with class and dignity. You are the anomoly on the otherwise GREAT hospitality shown by Bison fans. But I was once young and did foolish things too in my lifetime. No worries.

Guys, thanks for letting me raid your board again. Good luck in the off season. Same time next January???? Maybe this time the NCAA will get it right and give us the rightful #1 and #2 seeds to match our seasons.

Congrats on a great season, and another championship!Very classy...as I've come to expect. Good luck next season.

REALBird
01-12-2015, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I had zero problems with any ISU fans before, during, or after the game. Most of your older fans were great. There was a problem near W4/W5. If any of you saw the group that rented the mechanical bull it appears that a tour company had bought 28 spots and was attempting to set up an event for the people that traveled with them. While they were setting up, a car full of younger ISU fans drives right into the middle of their thing and parks. When asked to find another spot so they could set up freely they said "tough shit, tow it". Starting the morning with a chip on your shoulder is pretty bad. I really wanted to see their dejected faces afterwards but they must have run to their car and gotten out of there before we could.

Seems that sentiment was echoed on both sides. Older fans NICE, kids...Jerks. How does the saying go "the older I get the better I was". I'm sure they'll find perspective later in life when they have some real responsibilities. LOL.

NorthernBison
01-12-2015, 09:40 PM
1. I did not write it, someone else did. I just pointed out those hating on the guy are in the wrong.

2. I am glad you took a class and I am happy you understand that I am "technically correct" but here is the deal.... this is not a class being graded by LR, This is certainly not the AP etc. This is sports forum were people come to share their thoughts and emotions through written conversation. Thus, there is no need to hate on a guy for contributing, especially when he is "technically correct" in what he did.Thanks for the "explanation". I didn't realize this was a message board. My mistake.

IndyBison
01-12-2015, 09:58 PM
A couple rule/officiating questions asked and answered:

The first PI flag on the Bison. That was a correct call. Contrary to what all the NFL people were saying last week, face guarding is NOT a foul in NCAA. It is in HS so if your HS coach told you that he was telling you the truth. When a defender is beat and not playing the ball, he gets very little leeway with contact. One of the categories we use for PI is "early contact not playing the ball". The defender is entitled to his position, so if he turns to play the ball he's usually OK because he has position. If he doesn't turn, then he's very susceptible. Neither is automatic though. On the first PI call, he was beat by a couple yards and when he closed he grabbed the receiver's arm. Even if he had turned to play the ball he's probably guilty because of the arm grab. He did a much better job the rest of the game turning and playing the ball. I do think there should have been PI on the 2-point try by ISU late in the game. It appears the receiver is trying to turn back to the ball, but the defender is restricting him.

The reason the RJ tackle wasn't a horse collar is because the defender had his other arm wrapped around the body and that contributed to the tackle. Just because the hand was in the shoulder pad doesn't make it a foul. What they are trying to prevent is that guy who reaches out and grabs the collar and uses all his weight to pull the runner down from behind. You could possibly support a foul on that play, but I think no call is the correct call.

I had not noticed the toss by Carson after the TD. That probably should have been a foul, but nobody noticed it. They want us to allow some amount of spontaneous celebration, but tossing the ball high into the air is specifically listed as something not allowed. The TD would have still applied, but ISU could have enforced the 15 yards on the try or kickoff.

Bison bison
01-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Seems that sentiment was echoed on both sides. Older fans NICE, kids...Jerks. How does the saying go "the older I get the better I was". I'm sure they'll find perspective later in life when they have some real responsibilities. LOL.

There was a group of young Redbird fans behind me, they were good sports. Only talked to them a bit.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
01-13-2015, 12:19 AM
@REALBird

"To the guy I met on the concourse waiting for my wife."

Why was he waiting for your wife??

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
01-13-2015, 12:24 AM
I'm just glad nobody tried to use "irregardless"

Irregardless = notwithstanding

REALBird
01-13-2015, 01:06 AM
@REALBird

"To the guy I met on the concourse waiting for my wife."

Why was he waiting for your wife??

Ha...ha....ha. Good catch. She was in there long enough, he probably was to keep me company.

NDSUSR
01-13-2015, 01:16 AM
http://nc2anerd.com/2015/01/12/13-overlooked-stories-from-the-college-football-bowl-season/

Overlooked Stories from CF Bowl Season:

No. 5 Missouri Valley Monopoly
The Missouri Valley Football Conference had its way in the FCS playoffs, as MVFC schools North Dakota State and Illinois State met in the FCS Championship game.
Now that is a conference that should be boasting more than SEC fans.

North Dakota State would win a close game 29-27 to earn its 4th straight national championship.
Check out the trophy presentation. Where else do the fans gather on the field and the players gather in the stands for the celebration.

https://nc2anerd.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/fcs-bison-celebration.jpg?w=584&h=321 (https://nc2anerd.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/fcs-bison-celebration.jpg)

When you win four straight, a football game turns into a rock concert.

NDSUSR
01-13-2015, 01:19 AM
Cramer Congratulates NDSU Bison on U.S. House Floor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y4XiN88jg8

bisonridge
01-13-2015, 01:40 AM
Very nice of Cramer to say, have to wonder though if anybody in that room cared

NDSU1980
01-13-2015, 01:50 AM

So, you remember the story in Lou Richardson's class about the guy who got docked big time for writing that a sports team "literally annihilated" their opponent. I always think of that whenever someone misuses the word "literally".

Brud33
01-13-2015, 01:50 AM
https://vimeo.com/116617544
https://vimeo.com/116617595
Just in case you weren't there for this^^ enjoy😀

Sent using Tapatalk

Hammersmith
01-13-2015, 01:55 AM

Was there anyone in the room? Most of those type of speeches are to empty chairs.

bisonmike2
01-13-2015, 01:56 AM
What the hell was that song they would play every time we were facing a third down? Man that son was annoying. I think it was "no flex, no flex,no flex," but for the first half I thought it sounded like "butt sex, butt sex,butt sex".

bisonaudit
01-13-2015, 01:57 AM

the only other congresman in the room may have been the presiding officer.

NDSUSR
01-13-2015, 01:57 AM
What the hell was that song they would play every time we were facing a third down? Man that son was annoying. I think it was "no flex, no flex,no flex," but for the first half I thought it sounded like "butt sex, butt sex,butt sex".

Update yer sig.

scottietohottie
01-13-2015, 02:07 AM
Update yer sig.

That was a couple of peats ago!

bisonridge
01-13-2015, 02:17 AM
Ah.......well never mind then

StL Bison Fan
01-13-2015, 02:25 AM
Once again, Plano and Frisco were great. Had my oysters and talked to some local residents. They knew who we are- they should, we built them a school!
Block party was fun. Wonder how many 5.00 cans of beer they sold?
Tailgate was a thing of beauty.
Ate at Rudy's and Kenny's. No comment.
Met some great Redbirds. An older couple was behind us. They stood. The. Whole. Time.
Got on tv.

MAKBison
01-13-2015, 04:48 AM
other than those overseeing the process, he was probably the only one there, but it is now on the record to be kept forever and ever and literally ever

56BISON73
01-13-2015, 05:44 AM
What the hell was going on with our kicker? He was all over the place. And what happened to our regular kicker?

MAKBison
01-13-2015, 07:42 AM
What the hell was going on with our kicker? He was all over the place. And what happened to our regular kicker?

injury-----Kicking off was harder on it

Pards Rule
01-13-2015, 11:15 AM

Probably...for years (not sure if it permitted anymore) Congressman were allowed to put their "speeches" in the Congressional Record (CR) until it was revealed these were crafted in offices and then sent over to the CR to insert as if they were actually given on the floor. This was finally exposed and I think it was halted. Now they give speeches on generally empty floors in between votes.

tjamz
01-13-2015, 11:25 AM

http://youtu.be/8Gv0H-vPoDc

I agree

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk