PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to the Redbirds

bisonpride4ever
01-10-2015, 08:39 PM
They brought it today. They gave the Bison all they could handle. Great season and the rest of the FCS better continue to take notice.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

Kevin
01-10-2015, 08:40 PM
Agreed. Their QB was the real deal. They're going to be a handful next year. Not to mention Pelini and his cat coming to Youngstown. Valley is going to be nuts again.

HandoEX
01-10-2015, 08:41 PM
They are going to be scary next season. Preseason #1 without question! Congrata to ISUr on an outstanding season and looking forward to seeing what they can do moving forward!

ZHerd
01-10-2015, 08:44 PM
Their running game shredded us. Bison just did enough to win at the end...again. Illinois State and the MVC as a whole, will be amazing next year. Conference play will be awesome next year

1998braves64
01-10-2015, 08:45 PM
I sure hope we only meet them in the Championship game again next year. Don't want to face them before that. They played a great game minus the extracirricular when Bison went to kneel on it, that was a bit classless. Think it was only a couple players though, same time though had to be frustrating for them so understandable and everyone collected their cooler heads.

daddy daycare
01-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Agreed. Win with class. Congrats to them.

Kevin
01-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Their running game shredded us. Bison just did enough to win at the end...again. Illinois State and the MVC as a whole, will be amazing next year. Conference play will be awesome next year

They not only shredded us they made some of our best players look foolish on a couple of plays. They definitely run the read option better than anyone at the FCS level.

BlueKeyAlum
01-10-2015, 08:51 PM
This thread 100x. They were focused to the end.

admin
01-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Good showing by their fans too.

SoCalBison
01-10-2015, 09:00 PM
I asked this in the game thread, and I'm serious: How come Roberson wasn't playing for Indiana? Not exactly a football powerhouse...did he just go looking for a better team?

Illinois State has some real weapons and they're going to be very tough next year. Now I have to add them to the list of MVFC teams I dread playing (UNI, SDSU, Youngstown, Illinois State).

bisonpride4ever
01-10-2015, 09:00 PM
I asked this in the game thread, and I'm serious: How come Roberson wasn't playing for Indiana? Not exactly a football powerhouse...did he just go looking for a better team?

Illinois State has some real weapons and they're going to be very tough next year. Now I have to add them to the list of MVFC teams I dread playing (UNI, SDSU, Youngstown, Illinois State).

I think he got injured during the season and they moved on basically.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

A1pigskin
01-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Redbirds played well except for the cheap shot at the end of the game

Bisonator98
01-10-2015, 09:55 PM
Much respect to Coach Spack and their players. They will be favorites next season no doubt!

Kevin
01-10-2015, 09:56 PM
Much respect to Coach Spack and their players. They will be favorites next season no doubt!

Their defense will have to come a long way for them to make a deep run again.

Their qb/rb duo are special though.

EndZoneQB
01-10-2015, 09:58 PM
F*ck the redbirds. When it f*cking mattered, we whooped their pussy ass.

2011BisonAlumni
01-10-2015, 10:00 PM

I would have never agreed with that until 8 seconds left in the game. Classless bastards.

Bisonator98
01-10-2015, 10:03 PM
I would have never agreed with that until 8 seconds left in the game. Classless bastards.

You play to the whistle our Oline should have been ready for that, lesson learned.

EndZoneQB
01-10-2015, 10:04 PM

I don't care. From the beginning of the game, I saw the trenches belonging to us. Once I saw them score, I KNEW it was too early. Their defense hadn't done shit all day, and I knew our offense showed up when it mattered...they had NO answer to Carson. That last run was a fluke, and I knew our offense was going to plaster their defense all over the field...they hadn't seen anything remotely as physical as us ALL season. Our O-line showed up in a big way today and that was the difference.

North Side
01-10-2015, 10:05 PM
I would be proud to be a red bird

MNLonghorn10
01-10-2015, 10:07 PM
I agree. It's football. Hats off if they would've followed through and beat ndsu but no go.

Just another bitch. Onto 2015

Kevin
I would be proud to be a red bird

Proud enough to print National Runner-Up shirts? Or is that only a Sammy thing?

yopaulie

One play, crazy heat of the moment, a blip no one will or should remember. I don't think it takes anything away from them, or one of the biggest roller coaster games I have ever watched.

Pards Rule
01-10-2015, 10:27 PM
YES - must congrat the Redbirds for almost pulling off the win!!

bisonridge
01-10-2015, 10:38 PM
They played very well today, but imo they have to step there secondary up D to make a deep run.

Kingslayer
01-10-2015, 10:45 PM
They are going to be scary next season. Preseason #1 without question! Congrata to ISUr on an outstanding season and looking forward to seeing what they can do moving forward!
Without question? Roughly 1,100 days of being champs. We should be number 1 preseason until somebody can take the title from us.

SDbison
01-10-2015, 11:06 PM
OK, so where are the Red Bird fans on here congratulating the Bison? Sorry, not impressed by their fans.

Kingslayer
01-10-2015, 11:10 PM
OK, so where are the Red Bird fans on here congratulating the Bison? Sorry, not impressed by their fans.
Me either. One guy thought they would beat us best out of 10..ha!

marenlee
01-10-2015, 11:17 PM

I haven't seen any... Ever maybe???

IndyBison
01-10-2015, 11:44 PM

He had a couple injuries that gave other players a chance. I thought he was their best option, but I believe they were going to make him compete for the starting spot. He was never a character issue, and I think everyone was surprised he transferred. The IU offense was as good as any in the Big Ten, and he's a legit Big Ten talent. Huge get for ISU.

Tre attended the other high school in the district where I live. His senior year I attended their quarterfinal playoff game, and he brought the team back from 3 scores down in the 4th quarter to win it. The team ended up losing in the state final.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

BISONFAN4LIFE
01-10-2015, 11:54 PM

According to the Fargo Forum both teams have 11 returning starters next year. They also lose a ton of defense.

A1pigskin
01-11-2015, 01:27 AM

They are licking their wounds....

2011BisonAlumni
01-11-2015, 01:38 AM
You been to their site? They has like 6 pages of Gameday discussion. I know an ISUr alum really well. By and large, they do not care.

IBleedYellow
01-11-2015, 01:45 AM
They won't be the preseason #1, they have to replace their entire defensive line and a lot of the defensive backs.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

Herd12
01-11-2015, 01:48 AM
They won't be the preseason #1, they have to replace their entire defensive line and a lot of the defensive backs.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

NDSU should be presesason #1. 4 straight titles. QB and OL come back. Defense will be better than people fear.

NDSU1980
01-11-2015, 01:50 AM
NDSU should be presesason #1. 4 straight titles. QB and OL come back. Defense will be better than people fear.

Let them pick someone else. Anyone else for all I care. Keeps the target off of us a little bit and all I care about is where we end, not where they pick us to start. Drive for Five

ndsubison1
01-11-2015, 02:22 AM
They were a good team Hats off to fellow Mvfc member. If we had lost Id rather it be them than another conference. Unless it was Sdsu or UNI :)

Tatanka
01-11-2015, 02:41 AM
They were a good team Hats off to fellow Mvfc member. If we had lost Id rather it be them than another conference. Unless it was Sdsu or UNI :)

This right here

BadlandsBison
01-11-2015, 02:52 AM
Preach, son. I hate loosing to those other two

VirginiaBison
01-11-2015, 02:57 AM
They are licking their wounds.... Is that possible? Do birds had a tongue?

17>1
01-11-2015, 02:58 AM

How many Bird fans were on here before the game? You expect the 3 of them to come back here right away and congratulate us? The ISU fans I met today before the game were great. Very pro MFVC, and respectful. They showed up better than I thought they would, and held their own against a lot of Bison fans.

Half glass full compared to...whatever your glass is.

SDbison
01-11-2015, 03:11 AM
How many Bird fans were on here before the game? You expect the 3 of them to come back here right away and congratulate us? The ISU fans I met today before the game were great. Very pro MFVC, and respectful. They showed up better than I thought they would, and held their own against a lot of Bison fans.

Half glass full compared to...whatever your glass is. What is your problem bud. You are entitled to your opinion regarding red bird fans, but I tell you what, keep your commentary about me to yourself unless you want to say it to my face.
I read their message board and overall they were cocky and rarely gave much credit to the Bison for their accomplishments.

gizmo
01-11-2015, 03:18 AM
It sure was a close game.

17>1
01-11-2015, 03:33 AM
What is your problem bud. You are entitled to your opinion regarding red bird fans, but I tell you what, keep your commentary about me to yourself unless you want to say it to my face.
I read their message board and overall they were cocky and rarely gave much credit to the Bison for their accomplishments.

Well, since you asked, my problem is people that are negative all the time. Second, I'm not your bud. Thirdly, I couldn't care less about what they're saying on THEIR OWN BOARD.

Go Bison!!

Kevin
01-11-2015, 03:39 AM
Well, since you asked, my problem is people that are negative all the time. Second, I'm not your bud. Thirdly, I couldn't care less about what they're saying on THEIR OWN BOARD.

Go Bison!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4jde9cJkg1qgjgm0.jpg