PDA

View Full Version : Wolters

BisonJD
01-08-2015, 03:49 PM
@WojYahooNBA Milwaukee plans to waive guard Nate Wolters today to clear a spot for a Kenyon Martin 10-day contract, per league sources.

discuss.

mango
01-08-2015, 04:06 PM
@WojYahooNBA Milwaukee plans to waive guard Nate Wolters today to clear a spot for a Kenyon Martin 10-day contract, per league sources.

discuss.

Not really that surprising considering Kidd never played him. I think some team will pick him up though.

ndsubison1
01-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Wow. BTW cant wait to hear from him. lol.

wow
01-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Wow. BTW cant wait to hear from him. lol.

You called? I think odds are good Nate gets picked up by somebody else.

Wolters obviously doesn't fit in with Kidd's plans, and the fact that Kidd is dumping a second round pick that was productive last year for one of his good buds who is washed up to a 10 day deal is kind of funny. Or telling. Or smart. Or dumb.

Time will tell. My guess Wolters gets picked up by somebody, if not D-League. Who knows, this could be the best thing to happen to his career since choosing SDSU over NDSU... :)

JSUBison
01-08-2015, 06:12 PM
Kenyon Martin? Was Antoine Walker not available?

ndsubison1
01-08-2015, 06:12 PM
You called? I think odds are good Nate gets picked up by somebody else.

Wolters obviously doesn't fit in with Kidd's plans, and the fact that Kidd is dumping a second round pick that was productive last year for one of his good buds who is washed up to a 10 day deal is kind of funny. Or telling. Or smart. Or dumb.

Time will tell. My guess Wolters gets picked up by somebody, if not D-League. Who knows, this could be the best thing to happen to his career since choosing SDSU over NDSU... :)

Theres gotta be somebody whos short at PG

MNLonghorn10
01-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Who knows, this could be the best thing to happen to his career since choosing SDSU over NDSU... :)

his career record against NDSU shows it.

Great decision, Nathan.

RowdyRabbit
01-08-2015, 09:44 PM
his career record against NDSU shows it.

Great decision, Nathan.

This (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfWdjn4X2k4) is what I personally choose to remember of his career vs NDSU.

Or This (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLfIBIkDMw4).

Or This (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkar7tyQJvM). (volume warning)

All the rest is I think a figment of everyone's imagination.

BYZEN
01-08-2015, 09:50 PM
I wonder if he could make it in Europe?

EndZoneQB
01-08-2015, 09:54 PM
This (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfWdjn4X2k4) is what I personally choose to remember of his career vs NDSU.

Or This (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLfIBIkDMw4).

Or This (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkar7tyQJvM). (volume warning)

All the rest is I think a figment of everyone's imagination.

It really paid off for him in the NCAA tournament...he helped SDSU to their first ever wi...well first two appearances anyway.

MNLonghorn10
01-08-2015, 10:02 PM
It really paid off for him in the NCAA tournament...he helped SDSU to their first ever wi...well first two appearances anyway.

I shortchanged the jacks. they actually had a beat on NDSU for the first time since the 50s

EndZoneQB
01-08-2015, 10:15 PM
Also, Rowdy, see my sig. I'm sure Wolters was tired of the same thing by the time he left :)

RowdyRabbit
01-09-2015, 06:44 AM
Also, Rowdy, see my sig. I'm sure Wolters was tired of the same thing by the time he left :)

Most likely. Just like every other one of our athletes in dang near every other sport.

Lawd it seems like it's been forever since we've beaten you in anything, and it pisses me right off.

ndsubison1
01-09-2015, 06:46 AM
They are allegedly waving him for a Kenyon Martin 10 day contract :rofl:

Tatanka
01-09-2015, 09:56 AM
Most likely. Just like every other one of our athletes in dang near every other sport.

Lawd it seems like it's been forever since we've beaten you in anything, and it pisses me right off.

I think you guys beat NDSU in soccer, so there's that. Oh, and pillow fighting. :D

EndZoneQB
01-09-2015, 09:04 PM

Right, you know it's bad when WBB can't even beat us. haha

SanDakotaState
01-14-2015, 03:46 AM
Nate Wolters has signed a 10-day contract with the Pelicans. He could see court time as early as tomorrow night with Jrue Holiday being listed as questionable.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/south-dakota-state-university/2015/01/13/wolters-signs-with-pelicans/21723401/

Tatanka
01-14-2015, 03:53 AM
You know what I really miss? The SDSU sports block.
Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs

BisonFan02
01-14-2015, 04:38 AM

THIS!........hey....wait a sec! :rofl:

HoopsBison
01-14-2015, 04:43 AM

Haha said no one ever.

MNLonghorn10
01-14-2015, 10:48 AM
same. Travis was awesome.

tjbison
01-14-2015, 01:59 PM
Nate Wolters has signed a 10-day contract with the Pelicans. He could see court time as early as tomorrow night with Jrue Holiday being listed as questionable.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/south-dakota-state-university/2015/01/13/wolters-signs-with-pelicans/21723401/

Awesome....who are the Pelicans???

Bisonguy
01-14-2015, 03:38 PM

The arch rivals of the Albatrosses?

ndsubison1
01-14-2015, 08:11 PM

New Orleans.

td577
01-14-2015, 08:43 PM
New Orleans.

They really should petition the league to get the Jazz name back.

IzzyFlexion
01-17-2015, 02:55 AM
They really should petition the league to get the Jazz name back.

I'd go with....."Our City Is Really Fun But It Smells Like Vomit And Urine"

tjbison
01-17-2015, 07:20 AM
New Orleans.

Wow, I just now realized that's an NBA team.....I haven't followed the NBA since the Bulls glory days of the Jordan era, it's terrible to watch imo..

I can't believe how the team's have changed, NJ nets are now in Brooklyn?? And Oklahoma City has a team

Wow I m really out of the loop

ndsubison1
01-19-2015, 07:01 AM
Wow, I just now realized that's an NBA team.....I haven't followed the NBA since the Bulls glory days of the Jordan era, it's terrible to watch imo..

I can't believe how the team's have changed, NJ nets are now in Brooklyn?? And Oklahoma City has a team

Wow I m really out of the loop

Kobe was traded to the Lakers. David Robinson retired. Ron Artest is now Metta World Peace. Lebron is out of high school.

TbonZach
01-19-2015, 10:20 AM
The arch rivals of the Albatrosses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_u7VGiMO0U&app=desktop

bruinbison
07-05-2015, 08:05 PM
Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN Jul 4
Nate Wolters will play with the San Antonio Spurs summer league team in Las Vegas.
South Dakota Native Becky Hammon will be the coach

Good choice by Wolters. Now that San Antonio has signed LaMarcus Aldridge to his max contract,
here is what the ESPN insider guy (Kevin Pelton) thinks will happen:

The Spurs will have to renounce the rights to their remaining free agents, most notably promising young point guard Cory Joseph, and if Duncan and Ginobili return, San Antonio will be able to fill out its roster only with players making the minimum salary.

Yet adding Aldridge was unquestionably worth it. His addition to Leonard and Duncan gives the Spurs the NBA's best frontcourt.

Maybe Wolters will get lucky, earn his way onto San Antonio's 15 man roster, and get himself a ring..... :hide:

bruinbison
07-06-2015, 06:47 PM
So that young point guard referenced above, Cory Joseph, came out alright, with an assist from LaMarcus Aldridge,
getting 30Mil over 4 years to return to Canada (Toronto, Joseph is originally from Canada).
Toronto had previously lost 6th man of the year, G Lou Williams, to the Lakers.

bruinbison
07-08-2015, 10:22 PM
‏@DanWoikeSports
Bummer - Nate Wolters suffered a middle finger fracture on his left hand and will be out for the rest of summer league. Has played well

A bummer indeed.
Would this be considered a Hakstol Fracture? :)

kinda like a Lisfranc Fracture :biggrin:

BYZEN
07-09-2015, 01:43 AM
A bummer indeed.
Would this be considered a Hakstol Fracture? :)

kinda like a Lisfranc Fracture :biggrin:

:judges::judges:

bruinbison
07-24-2015, 03:55 PM
Wolters to Europe? (Turkey)

Beşiktaş JK BasketVerified account
‏@BJK_Basketbol
Erkek Basketbol Takımımız, Birleşik Amerikalı point guard Nate Wolters
ile 1 yıllık sözleşme imzaladı. #NateWolters

Nate Wolters Besiktas
Men's Basketball Team, United 1-year contract with the American point guard Nate Wolters.

2015-16 Men continued transfer work ahead of the season's Basketball Team, born in 1991, it has strengthened the squad by signing a one-year contract with the point guard Nate Wolters 193 cm tall.

tjbison
07-24-2015, 03:57 PM

Please translate....:biggrin:

Tatanka
07-24-2015, 04:04 PM
Please translate....:biggrin:

ConstantiNOPE

bruinbison
07-24-2015, 04:07 PM

If Wolters signing in Turkey is true, I get the funny feeling he is in the same Turkish League as Ben Woodside.
Could be some future Bison-Jackrabbit match-ups then.

Wolters - Besiktas
Woodside - Turk Telecom

DePereBisonFan
07-24-2015, 04:22 PM
If Wolters signing in Turkey is true, I get the funny feeling he is in the same Turkish League as Ben Woodside.
Could be some future Bison-Jackrabbit match-ups then.

Wolters - Besiktas
Woodside - Turk Telecom

This would be great. We could finally compare the two. on the court. at the same time.

ndsubison1
07-24-2015, 09:20 PM
#buttwoltersnba

bruinbison
07-30-2015, 03:11 PM
Nate Wolters article from his hometown (hope the Forum does more of these for Bison players in Europe).
He is on a 1 year contract and still has hopes for the NBA.....

The Besiktas JK roster includes former St. John’s University standout Lamont Hamilton, former Cal State Fullerton guard D.J. Seeley and former Florida center Erik Murphy. The rest of the roster is filled out by eight players from Turkey and one from Australia.

Wolters will be living in Istanbul, a city of almost 15 million people, the fifth-largest city in the world. That’s going to be a big adjustment for a guy from St. Cloud.

Besiktas JK has had plenty of famous American players on its roster in the past. Deron Williams, Allen Iverson, Adam Morrison and Khalid El-Amin have all worn the Besiktas JK jersey.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/2015/07/28/wolters-ready-new-beginning-turkey/30796607/

Tatanka
07-30-2015, 03:54 PM
Nate Wolters article from his hometown (hope the Forum does more of these for Bison players in Europe).
He is on a 1 year contract and still has hopes for the NBA.....

http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/2015/07/28/wolters-ready-new-beginning-turkey/30796607/

The Forum has a hard enough time finding time to talk about the current team much less former team members in the pros. Not enough room in the print version after the all the copies are pasted from Corked Forks.