PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's 2015 FCS Championship Game Preview - NDSU vs Illinois St.

EmDiggy
01-05-2015, 09:01 PM
FBGP's FCS Championship Game Preview - Bison vs Redbirds (http://footballgameplan.com/football-gameplans-2015-fcs-championship-game-preview-north-dakota-st-vs-illinois-state/)

Good afternoon Bison fans! Good luck this week! I'll be in Frisco Thursday-Sunday providing coverage

Enjoy!

Em

Nel360
01-05-2015, 09:12 PM
Discounting our Defense again. Not enough playmakers on defense to stop the high powered offense, really, haven't you learned in the last 3 years?

bisonmike2
01-05-2015, 09:14 PM
Booo this man!

Nice breakdown, I just don't like your prediction.

bisonboone11
01-05-2015, 09:14 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/dean-what-gif.gif

marenlee
01-05-2015, 09:16 PM
He can't ALWAYS pick the Bison... Right???

westnodak93bison
01-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Boooo!!!!!
What is Em's record when picking against the Bison?

Tatanka
01-05-2015, 09:21 PM
FBGP's FCS Championship Game Preview - Bison vs Redbirds (http://footballgameplan.com/football-gameplans-2015-fcs-championship-game-preview-north-dakota-st-vs-illinois-state/)

Good afternoon Bison fans! Good luck this week! I'll be in Frisco Thursday-Sunday providing coverage

Enjoy!

Em

Excellent as always Em!

Wait, WHAT? LOL

BisonNation11
01-05-2015, 09:25 PM
We bring him in, welcome him to our house, and this is how we're repaid??? Some people never learn. Which is why I still love playing FBS games. You can win 100 in a row and 7 straight championships and people still doubt you. Experience, being there before, tradition and a history of a great program go a long way in a game like this. I told my boss this today. It will either be the closest game all year or we blow them out. Thanks for your insights Em!

bisonboone11
01-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Boooo!!!!!
What is Em's record when picking against the Bison?

I don't remember the last time he picked against NDSU... I know he picked K-State, but I'm not sure if there were any others since then. Going back to the previous year, he picked Colorado State.

coloradobison
01-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Fire EmDiggy, save 4-peat

Bison 4 Life
01-05-2015, 09:34 PM
Even if he is picking ISU, he's picking them for the wrong reasons.

BisonHorns
01-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Based on previous comments I refuse to watch.

Tatanka
01-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Come on now, even if we disagree with his assessment, he still deserves the web traffic and our appreciation.

BisonFan02
01-05-2015, 10:04 PM
Come on now, even if we disagree with his assessment, he still deserves the web traffic and our appreciation.

This.

and he will have to correct me if I'm wrong, but below is the last time I think he picked against the Bison? Gonna have to dig.

http://youtu.be/yu_tMg5Zwoc?list=PLA399B9E871D392F6

EDIT: Check that....he picked Colorado St. to beat the Bison....he's 0-2 with that pick. :D

MNLonghorn10
01-05-2015, 10:46 PM
I think Em is 0-fer when he picks against NDSU.

marenlee
01-05-2015, 11:02 PM
Pretty sure he picked the Kats in the first title game.

ZHerd
01-05-2015, 11:08 PM
This.

and he will have to correct me if I'm wrong, but below is the last time I think he picked against the Bison? Gonna have to dig.

http://youtu.be/yu_tMg5Zwoc?list=PLA399B9E871D392F6

EDIT: Check that....he picked Colorado St. to beat the Bison....he's 0-2 with that pick. :D

So this is actually excellent luck? Thanks Em, you da man

Bison 4 Life
01-05-2015, 11:19 PM
Pretty sure he picked the Kats in the first title game.

Nope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI6MivCd8tE

HazenBizon
01-05-2015, 11:29 PM
If I remember correctly, he also picked Colorado State. No matter, still great work.

EmDiggy
01-05-2015, 11:38 PM
Lol..Sorry gang! I think I picked against you guys 2 or 3 times since 2007…I want to say I'm 0-3

EmDiggy
01-05-2015, 11:40 PM
On a side note…WOW look at the progression in the videos!

ZHerd
01-05-2015, 11:57 PM
Lol..Sorry gang! I think I picked against you guys 2 or 3 times since 2007…I want to say I'm 0-3

Gotta pick someone and the birds are good. I just hope you maintain a perfectly consistent record picking against us ;)

HerdBot
01-06-2015, 01:28 AM

Hey we probably need someone to say we're going to lose anyway. We're getting too cocky as a fan base. It's not like you predicted an ass whooping. It will be a close game no matter what. Keep up the great work.

bisonboone11
01-06-2015, 03:27 AM
No hard feelings. It is a very good analysis and should be a tough game. Great stuff, as always.

ndsubison1
01-06-2015, 05:10 AM
Discounting our Defense again. Not enough playmakers on defense to stop the high powered offense, really, haven't you learned in the last 3 years?

Chill. Wouldnt shock me if we lost.

Blair
01-06-2015, 05:19 AM
I thought the production quality of the video was pretty weak. Sound quality was horrible. His predictions were pretty weak too. But he's media, and nothing drives page view online more than controversy. Also, who has more viewers? ND or IL? Smart business.

Regarding his analysis, he says alley play is a key to the Bison, and that means safety play. But then he bets against Heagle and Dudzik? He says Illinois can play power or spread offense and the Bison can't adapt. Um, what? Look at the offenses we've faced in the playoffs the last few years. From triple option, to spread, and power.

"They've never seen an offense like ours. They've never seen a quarterback like ours." Heard it all before. We're way overdue for knocking a quarterback out of a game. If Roberson wants to run it, I hope he has his chinstrap tight. But it'll probably be an Emanuel sack that knocks him out. Crockett is running like a possessed Tasmanian devil the past couple of games. Wentz is healthy. Too bad Vraa sounds like he won't contribute much, but next man up. As usual, our offense is underrated.

It'll be a tough fought MVCF game, and I'm looking forward to seeing it. Win or lose, I never thought the Bison would get this far, this year. But I'll be in Frisco to enjoy it (even though the weather looks weaker than Illinois St defense).

Bison 34 - Birds 23

SamsRams
01-06-2015, 05:50 AM
Em you gotta explain your reasoning for Jesse Hinz being NDSUs 2nd rated NFL prospect. You are the only person thinking he has a chance. I dont see any way a team gives him a tryout.

Scooter1
01-06-2015, 06:07 AM
Why the hate on Jesse? He was a first team all conference pick. Other coaches must have seen something in the kid.

SamsRams
01-06-2015, 11:02 AM
Why the hate on Jesse? He was a first team all conference pick. Other coaches must have seen something in the kid.

No hate, I just dont see him as the 2nd best NFL prospect of this senior class. NDSU has had many 1st team all conference lineman never get a sniff from Richard to Lund to Gimmestad. Personally I wouldnt have Hinz in my top 6 as I think Vaadeland is a better NFL prospect

tony
01-06-2015, 12:04 PM

You gotta call them the way you see them.

westnodak93bison
01-06-2015, 12:05 PM
You gotta call them the way you see them.
through green and gold colored glasses!

StL Bison Fan
01-06-2015, 01:02 PM
Illinois State may have a great offense but it is the poorest tackling team I have ever watched.
8 days off takes the shine off their game and they sure aren't going to learn fundamentals in a week.
Am I concerned? Yes.
But. We have too many seniors wanting this and they know how to win.

BisonNation11
01-06-2015, 01:33 PM
Illinois State may have a great offense but it is the poorest tackling team I have ever watched.
8 days off takes the shine off their game and they sure aren't going to learn fundamentals in a week.
Am I concerned? Yes.
But. We have too many seniors wanting this and they know how to win.

Do we know when Ill St. is getting to Frisco? For some reason Wed. night sounds familiar which would be another large mistake on their part. They have no idea the distractions that are incorporated with this game. If they get in late Wed, that means no practice for that day (unless done before they leave), then Thursday they get sent out to visit local schools (or whatever they do), practice, then that night is the party for the teams. Friday practice and I'm sure some media stuff and before you know it it's game day. I'm not saying it's the wrong way to do things, but given NDSU's success, it's hard to see doing it any other way.

steelbison
01-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Do we know when Ill St. is getting to Frisco? For some reason Wed. night sounds familiar which would be another large mistake on their part. They have no idea the distractions that are incorporated with this game. If they get in late Wed, that means no practice for that day (unless done before they leave), then Thursday they get sent out to visit local schools (or whatever they do), practice, then that night is the party for the teams. Friday practice and I'm sure some media stuff and before you know it it's game day. I'm not saying it's the wrong way to do things, but given NDSU's success, it's hard to see doing it any other way.

Their coach has been in Bowl games so I am sure he is confident in the way he has prepared his team. Obviously we have had success doing it our way. I will say this. The first championship was won because we had a successful fake punt and a very timely INT. Both teams were pretty even. The last two we have had the more talented team.

This year will be like the first in my opinion in that it's anybody's game and it could come down to a turnover or trick play/big play to make the difference.

Hopefully our experience in having a long lay-off helps us and hurts them.

StL Bison Fan
01-06-2015, 03:07 PM
I heard they were going wed night. Coach K said we get early practices so they will practice there wednesday Morning. The BBQ bowl is Thursday and some banquet Friday. Then there is the school/hospital/ community thing. Doesn't leave much time for that surprise bachelor party/ shower the IL boys have planned :)

BisonTeacher
01-06-2015, 04:01 PM
Boooooo!!!!!

Thanks for picking against us Em. Your record in that department is Impeccable. CSU, KSU, Did he do one for Iowa state too?

MNLonghorn10
01-06-2015, 04:19 PM
I thought the production quality of the video was pretty weak. Sound quality was horrible. His predictions were pretty weak too. But he's media, and nothing drives page view online more than controversy. Also, who has more viewers? ND or IL? Smart business.

Regarding his analysis, he says alley play is a key to the Bison, and that means safety play. But then he bets against Heagle and Dudzik? He says Illinois can play power or spread offense and the Bison can't adapt. Um, what? Look at the offenses we've faced in the playoffs the last few years. From triple option, to spread, and power.

"They've never seen an offense like ours. They've never seen a quarterback like ours." Heard it all before. We're way overdue for knocking a quarterback out of a game. If Roberson wants to run it, I hope he has his chinstrap tight. But it'll probably be an Emanuel sack that knocks him out. Crockett is running like a possessed Tasmanian devil the past couple of games. Wentz is healthy. Too bad Vraa sounds like he won't contribute much, but next man up. As usual, our offense is underrated.

It'll be a tough fought MVCF game, and I'm looking forward to seeing it. Win or lose, I never thought the Bison would get this far, this year. But I'll be in Frisco to enjoy it (even though the weather looks weaker than Illinois St defense).

Bison 34 - Birds 23
Lol. This guy must be new. Em is top notch and better than you

Tatanka
01-06-2015, 04:53 PM

Bison 34 - Birds 23

http://i.imgur.com/aFPDY.gif

MrSnuffleupagus
01-06-2015, 05:17 PM

Bison 34 - Birds 23

Shun the Nonbeliever.

NDSUBowler
01-06-2015, 05:19 PM
Shun the Nonbeliever.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/b404a7e78aa1113e2c59e4e3102c2b24/tumblr_mrep6jvVk61sn5lgbo1_500.jpg

StL Bison Fan
01-06-2015, 08:01 PM
Perhaps this should go in the Carson thread or somewhere else. But it think I will put this here...

@MikeMcFeelyKFGO: A hastily written blog about @NDSUfootball QB Carson Wentz. http://t.co/1MbfF0wGLP

Well, what say you??

Bison 4 Life
01-06-2015, 08:11 PM
Perhaps this should go in the Carson thread or somewhere else. But it think I will put this here...

@MikeMcFeelyKFGO: A hastily written blog about @NDSUfootball QB Carson Wentz. http://t.co/1MbfF0wGLP

Well, what say you??

I've been saying that for weeks. I don't know why people aren't worried about OUR QB.

NDSUSR
01-06-2015, 08:19 PM

Well, what say you??

For most people outside Bisonville, and even a few here, its accurate. The kid knows how to play.
Jensen had a way of getting the team fired up, Im not sure if Wentz has that spark like Brock did.
I had doubts, but CW has done a fantastic job this year.

KilldeerBison
01-06-2015, 08:22 PM

Well, what say you??

Wentz or Roberson?
I'll take Carson, at the very least, he is more of capable giving/receiving the physical shots. Also, I think Carson will have a better season next year, he will continue to improve.

BisonTeacher
01-11-2015, 03:08 PM
Please DON'T stop picking against us Em.

Thank you.

:)

NDSUSR
01-11-2015, 06:44 PM
Served up fresh....

http://www.thehulltruth.com/attachments/northeast/300802d1360010756-surveyor-tim-pitts-not-recommended-eat-crow.jpg

BisonHorns
01-12-2015, 02:16 AM
I love your show normally and we may lose someday, but can you post comment on what happened that you didnt take into account?

ZHerd
01-12-2015, 02:37 AM
Please DON'T stop picking against us Em.

Thank you.

:)

^^^this!!!

td577
01-12-2015, 04:46 AM
Wentz or Roberson?
I'll take Carson, at the very least, he is more of capable giving/receiving the physical shots. Also, I think Carson will have a better season next year, he will continue to improve.

I wouldn't trade Wentz for any other QB out there. He went from leading the team in the beginning of the year, going through some growing pains, to carrying the team at times throughout the playoffs. I don't think we have seen his full potential yet either. He has simply done everything he has been asked to do. I think if you asked more from him, he would find a way to give more.

That being said, I thought Roberson was a pretty damn good QB. He fits their program very nicely. They went from 5-6 to a National Championship game with pretty much one addition to the roster. The QB.

NDSUSR
01-12-2015, 04:48 AM
I wouldn't trade Wentz for any other QB out there. He went from leading the team in the beginning of the year, going through some growing pains, to carrying the team at times throughout the playoffs. I don't think we have seen his full potential yet either. He has simply done everything he has been asked to do. I think if you asked more from him, he would find a way to give more.

That being said, I thought Roberson was a pretty damn good QB. He fits their program very nicely. They went from 5-6 to a National Championship game with pretty much one addition to the roster. The QB.

Roberson can run, thats a fact. Other than that I saw little.
After Frisco I have faith in Ginger Jesus. He proved himself to me.