PDA

View Full Version : Ugh! I just realized the BCS Championship is same weekend in Arlington Texas!

Pards Rule
01-04-2015, 04:09 PM
Damn - cannot get away from BCS stuff! I hope next year its somewhere different or did Jones sign a multiyear deal for BCS NC game?

Swaghook
01-04-2015, 04:19 PM
Damn - cannot get away from BCS stuff! I hope next year its somewhere different or did Jones sign a multiyear deal for BCS NC game?
nope Phoenix and Tampa are the next 2 sites for the BCS game.

Pards Rule
01-04-2015, 04:28 PM
nope Phoenix and Tampa are the next 2 sites for the BCS game.

Great! They should rotate it! But keep Frisco!

MLSND
01-04-2015, 04:57 PM
BCS is in Arlington TX, Jan 12

OrygunBison
01-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Personally, I could not be happier. Actually, not true. If the Cowboys somehow end up hosting a playoff game next weekend, and if it does not conflict with the timing of the Bison game, I will be completed ready to cash in my chips.

Anyone else here going to the game on the 12th?

natstar1
01-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Personally, I could not be happier. Actually, not true. If the Cowboys somehow end up hosting a playoff game next weekend, and if it does not conflict with the timing of the Bison game, I will be completed ready to cash in my chips.

This is impossible. If they win they go to GB next weekend.

bisonmike2
01-04-2015, 06:56 PM
It will always be something in Dallas. Last year the cotton bowl was on the Friday before the championship. No escaping the BCS shadow unfortunately.

SDbison
01-04-2015, 07:30 PM
It will always be something in Dallas. Last year the cotton bowl was on the Friday before the championship. No escaping the BCS shadow unfortunately. Shadow.........more like complete blackout. Have not seen one comment or advertisement for the FCS championship game. Yeah, I know FBS football is the shit and FCS doesn't count, but come on ESPN. You came to Fargo twice for Gameday and the Bison are working on the first DI football 4 peat in modern times. How about a little table scrap? A mention on the side? Maybe throw a bone our way? Almighty P5 gets 98% of all football coverage, rest of FBS 1.999% and FCS a whopping .001%.

Hammerhead
01-04-2015, 07:44 PM
And people in the airports will think we are Oregon Ducks fans again when they see the green and yellow. :(

17>1
01-04-2015, 08:37 PM
And people in the airports will think we are Oregon Ducks fans again when they see the green and yellow. :(

Better than thinking we're Packer fans.

Bisonwinagn
01-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Shadow.........more like complete blackout. Have not seen one comment or advertisement for the FCS championship game. Yeah, I know FBS football is the shit and FCS doesn't count, but come on ESPN. You came to Fargo twice for Gameday and the Bison are working on the first DI football 4 peat in modern times. How about a little table scrap? A mention on the side? Maybe throw a bone our way? Almighty P5 gets 98% of all football coverage, rest of FBS 1.999% and FCS a whopping .001%.

There will never be any advertising for the FCS championship now that the FBS has a playoff. ESPN doesn't even call it Div 1 and will only call it FCS to avoid confusion.

CyPanth
01-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Since so much of the national media is there all week, I hope your game gets a ton of attention that it might not get if the media were hanging out in some other city.

marenlee
01-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Since so much of the national media is there all week, I hope your game gets a ton of attention that it might not get if the media were hanging out in some other city.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe... Just maybe... Some media might notice the big Bison crowds.

Hammerhead
01-06-2015, 02:18 AM
The only way the media will notice Bison crowds is if we leave Frisco looking like this and that is something we definitely should not do.

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/imagecache/2014_revamp_615x346/20140630/AL-little-india-13006e.jpg

NDogg44
01-06-2015, 02:47 AM

I'll be there - I plan on going out there pretty early to experience everything. I went out there yesterday for the Cowboys game and they have already started setting things up for the game next Monday.

westnodak93bison
01-06-2015, 02:51 AM
Yeah, not sure how that happens without a chrome helmet

MNLonghorn10
01-06-2015, 02:54 AM

nothing wrong with going to a national championship for FBS. Went to the Texas/Bama game in the rose bowl and it was surreal.

plus jerry world is pretty sweet. I suggest, if going, to get a 4th level cheap seat and just watch on the big screen. we did it for the cotton bowl last year and it was bad ass. and the place was easy to get to and easy to leave, surprisingly since its basically in a neighborhood.

Vitojr130
01-06-2015, 03:01 AM
The only way the media will notice Bison crowds is if we leave Frisco looking like this and that is something we definitely should not do.

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/imagecache/2014_revamp_615x346/20140630/AL-little-india-13006e.jpg

FIFY :biggrin:

BisonNeil
01-06-2015, 03:23 PM

BCS is dead. It died last year. No worries :D

Pards Rule
01-06-2015, 03:30 PM
Thanks Neil..I cant stand that segment of college football...Well, where it is impacting for folks like me - the rental car which when I attended my only other I-AA championship game (NDSU #1) in Jan. 2012 via Advantage Rent-a-Car was $10 a day. A two day rental now is $48 a day > $140 total. And the plane fares are somewhat pinched too! Thats why I wanted the BC$ game to be elsewhere!

thundarsdaddy
01-06-2015, 03:31 PM
I just hope those NDSU flags/banners that will be put up at the OK border will stay up long enough for Oregon and Ohio St fans to see!

NDogg44
01-07-2015, 01:10 AM
nothing wrong with going to a national championship for FBS. Went to the Texas/Bama game in the rose bowl and it was surreal.

plus jerry world is pretty sweet. I suggest, if going, to get a 4th level cheap seat and just watch on the big screen. we did it for the cotton bowl last year and it was bad ass. and the place was easy to get to and easy to leave, surprisingly since its basically in a neighborhood.

The face value for the 400 level tickets for the National Championship are $400 face value - I was fortunate enough to get club level tickets on the OSU side and I think the face on those was $650. The "cheap" tickets are going for $600+ on Stubhub. Unless you have a dog in the fight, it's not worth it IMO.

Pards Rule
01-07-2015, 11:57 AM
The face value for the 400 level tickets for the National Championship are $400 face value - I was fortunate enough to get club level tickets on the OSU side and I think the face on those was $650. The "cheap" tickets are going for $600+ on Stubhub. Unless you have a dog in the fight, it's not worth it IMO.

Agreed! Why would I care to pay these prices if I weren't an O$U (God forbid) or Oregon fan?!?!?

MNLonghorn10
01-07-2015, 01:22 PM
Scalp then. They'll be available after kick off and save a few hundred dollars

bisonaudit
01-07-2015, 01:28 PM
Agreed! Why would I care to pay these prices if I weren't an O$U (God forbid) or Oregon fan?!?!?

Bucket List.

NDogg44
01-07-2015, 09:09 PM
Scalp then. They'll be available after kick off and save a few hundred dollars

I bartered for my tickets - spent about $100 for 200 level club tickets. I'd still rather go and see a national championship in my own backyard as opposed to making the profit.

Pards Rule
01-09-2015, 08:05 PM
Bucket List.

Perhaps BUT I definitely wouldnt want to give Jerry the money..Another year out of his JerryJoint....Go Green & Gold x 2 this weekend - Bison & Pack!