PDA

View Full Version : Ball State Board

WYOBISONMAN
09-07-2006, 05:29 PM
I posted an invite on the Ball State board for the BSU fans to come over and pay us a visit on Bisonville. If you want to visit the Ball State board...here is the link....

http://www.bsufans.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB_14&file=index

BisonBacker
09-07-2006, 05:38 PM
I've already been over there. Mentioned that NDSU was favored in the game with them. Didn't get much of a response. Guess they don't think to much of NDSU, thats good for us, catch em in a lull. I think when its all said and done they will have some respect for us.

Frozenbaugh
09-07-2006, 05:45 PM
You didn't get much of a response because we (the fans) take it one game at a time. Indiana U comes to Muncie this weekend so we are all pretty fixated on that.

As for overlooking the Bison....Ball State, at one time, had the longest losing streak in college FB a few years ago. We don't overlook anyone.

I would anticipate Ball State winning the football game, though. I don't know enough about your team to say anything other than that.

MinotBison
09-07-2006, 06:44 PM
You didn't get much of a response because we (the fans) take it one game at a time. *Indiana U comes to Muncie this weekend so we are all pretty fixated on that.

As for overlooking the Bison....Ball State, at one time, had the longest losing streak in college FB a few years ago. *We don't overlook anyone.

I would anticipate Ball State winning the football game, though. *I don't know enough about your team to say anything other than that.

Welcome to the board. Would IU be considered your top rival? Your game against us should be a good game. This is NDSU's first venture into I-A competition, so it will be interesting.

Frozenbaugh
09-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Thanks. *IU can't be considered a rival until we beat them. *We have played them a couple times in my recent memory (21-9 L) and (33-6 L). *However, the IU team just isn't very good. *Ball State is pretty excited to have a BCS conference team play at our place and we really can beat them but whether we do is a diff story.

Ball State signed a top #30 QB from OH named Nate Davis. *He played as a frosh a week ago today against Eastern Michigan and was 7-8/104 yds and 3 TD. *The guy is really good but right now comes in a plays a few series at a time. *We have not had a playmaker like this in my memory.

It is my understanding that your football team is ranked in I-AA? *Could be very interesting. *

Give up some info on your best players....

Take it for what it's worth but the Sagarin rankings has NDSU #98 and BSU #115...

Mr_Meanor
09-08-2006, 03:45 AM
Thanks. *IU can't be considered a rival until we beat them. *We have played them a couple times in my recent memory (21-9 L) and (33-6 L). *However, the IU team just isn't very good. *Ball State is pretty excited to have a BCS conference team play at our place and we really can beat them but whether we do is a diff story.

Ball State signed a top #30 QB from OH named Nate Davis. *He played as a frosh a week ago today against Eastern Michigan and was 7-8/104 yds and 3 TD. *The guy is really good but right now comes in a plays a few series at a time. *We have not had a playmaker like this in my memory.

It is my understanding that your football team is ranked in I-AA? *Could be very interesting. *

Take it for what it's worth but the Sagarin rankings has NDSU #98 and BSU #115...

Lets just say watch out for Joe Mays...he is a LB who runs all over the field and will take your head off. You better hope your Qb is a good scrambler or Joe will be in his grill all game long.

Scooter
09-08-2006, 12:30 PM

Frozenbaugh, welcome to the board... I'm looking forward to this game with you guys. *You wanted some info on our playmakers... well...
1. Defensive line is young and athletic but we have a senior DT that is seeing alot of national recognition.
2. Linebackers- *tallent is two- sometimes three deep at this position
3. secondary- Two Veterans, two youngsters- but with tallent
4. *Overall defense- people won't score much on these guys. *Held last week's team to -9 yards total offense through three quarters.

5. *O-line... Lost a starter due to injury but backup looked great last week *holes last week were huge but that was against D2 the jury is still out on these guys
6. *QB- back from injury and looked better than last year. *last year was pretty damn good.
7. *WR- young tallented group playing with a senior (White) that missed last year. *Watch out for this guy, *but if you have a fall preview mag... you already know that.
8. *RB- *tallent is two deep at RB and FB - no worries here either.
Steffes is a two time 1000 yard rusher, FB Roehl missed last year with a broken leg, only a sophomore but he's one of the best athletes on the team.

stpaulbison
09-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Nice scouting report by the way. *

Scooter
09-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Stpaulbison, *welcome to the board. *

stpaulbison
09-08-2006, 05:12 PM
hey thanks for the welcome scooter. *that line was actually from the movie benchwarmers when sean salisbury tells david spade and jon heder that they aren't atheletes and david spade comes back at him with the 3 syllable thing and says that's ama-za-zing. * *

cedarpointer
09-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Hey everyone I am from BSUFANS!

I would say that BSU's main 2 rivals are Miami and EMU. NIU is pretty good in football.