PDA

View Full Version : Things to be thankful for going into the Championship game

tony
12-31-2014, 02:32 PM
Not a complete list:

The BisonMedia crew: Dom Izzo and Jeff Kolpack. I only rarely get to listen to their radio shows but what I've heard has been outstanding. I'm pretty sure that when Dom was hired and ForumComm made a big deal about his hockey background, I posted something negative about it. Couldn't have been more wrong.
Scottie Miller. My oh my.
ESPN and Lee Fitting for bringing College Game Day to Fargo for a second straight year.
Downfield blocks.
Gene Taylor's work.
Coach Klieman and his staff. They've done an outstanding job.
Coach Kramer... yeah, he was here last year, but every year he stays here is a reason to be thankful.
Carson Wentz - he was the follow-up act Brock Jensen and has done a great job in an almost impossibly difficult position.
GoBison.com upping it's game with pages like this: http://www.gobison.com/custompages/fb/HISTGAME.HTM?path=football That's really good stuff. And it also means that I no longer feel the need to update that part of the Bisonville fan guide (I'm just going to link to the gobison pages.)
The Future Crop of Bison (or whatever that segment is called.) If you are not familiar with it, that segment of the radio broadcast consists of an interview with a freshman on the team.
The chance for our seniors to go out as champions. Think of the guys that NDSU had move on: Billy Turner, Marcus Williams, Grant Olson, Brock Jensen, Ryan Drevlow, Leevon Perry, Ryan Smith, Cole Jirik, Tyler Gimmestad, Bryan Shepherd, Sam Ojuri, Andrew Grothmann, Taylor Nelson, Antonio Rodgers, A.J. "I'll draw a PF on every other kickoff" Van Voorhis, Michael Murphy (longsnapper extraordinaire), Danny Luecke, Jeremy Gordon, Andrew Nack, Derrick Lang, Cooper Wahlo. I can remember big plays from almost everyone of those guys (sorry, Andrew Nack, but OL is not a glamor spot.) Then NDSU lost Nick Jacobsen and Josh Colville to recurring injuries. And then Zack Johnson suffered a knee injury. Suddenly NDSU was starting the year with one guy back on the OL and a seriously revamped DL (especially with the injury to Mike Hardie.) I'm pretty sure that I saw BisonNeil dressed in sackcloth carrying a sign saying "The End Is Nigh" before the Iowa State game. And yet, somehow, the Bison are back in Frisco. Un-freaking-believable.
Bison Illustrated for their awesome work.
Andy Fales for his classic "What's bugging Andy" bit before the Iowa State game.

SDbison
12-31-2014, 02:41 PM
Not a complete list:

The BisonMedia crew: Dom Izzo and Jeff Kolpack. I only rarely get to listen to their radio shows but what I've heard has been outstanding. I'm pretty sure that when Dom was hired and ForumComm made a big deal about his hockey background, I posted something negative about it. Couldn't have been more wrong.
GoBison.com upping it's game with pages like this: http://www.gobison.com/custompages/fb/HISTGAME.HTM?path=football That's really good stuff. And it also means that I no longer feel the need to update that part of the Bisonville fan guide (I'm just going to link to the gobison pages.)
The Future Crop of Bison (or whatever that segment is called.) If you are not familiar with it, that segment of the radio broadcast consists of an interview with a freshman on the team.
The chance for our seniors to go out as champions. Think of the guys that NDSU had move on: Billy Turner, Marcus Williams, Grant Olson, Brock Jensen, Ryan Drevlow, Leevon Perry, Ryan Smith, Cole Jirik, Tyler Gimmestad, Bryan Shepherd, Sam Ojuri, Andrew Grothmann, Taylor Nelson, Antonio Rodgers, A.J. "I'll draw a PF on every other kickoff" Van Voorhis, Michael Murphy (longsnapper extraordinaire), Danny Luecke, Jeremy Gordon, Andrew Nack, Derrick Lang, Cooper Wahlo. I can remember big plays from almost everyone of those guys (sorry, Andrew Nack, but OL is not a glamor spot.) Then NDSU lost Nick Jacobsen and Josh Colville to recurring injuries. And then Zack Johnson suffered a knee injury. Suddenly NDSU was starting the year with one guy back on the OL and a seriously revamped DL (especially with the injury to Mike Hardie.) I'm pretty sure that I saw BisonNeil dressed in sackcloth carrying a sign saying "The End Is Nigh" before the Iowa State game. And yet, somehow, the Bison are back in Frisco. Un-freaking-believable.

Awesome list, but you need to add Bisonville. So thankful we all have this outlet to express our thoughts regarding Bison sports, especially during these 2 or 3 weeks before the natty.

BisonNation11
12-31-2014, 02:46 PM
Coach K. He gets it. He understands what Bison Football was/is/should be. Considering the process and timing of his hire, he has basically worked a miracle to bring in the staff he has and bring them together as a collective unit to keep NDSU moving forward. So far he recruits what appear to be outstanding young men that happen to be really good at football and teaches the game in a way that the players really enjoy. I was very worried NDSU wasn't going to hire him and was imagining the worst of who they would bring in. Thank you Coach for continuing Bison Football on this awesome run that we are all enjoying to the max!

THEsocalledfan
12-31-2014, 02:48 PM
Need to be thankful for Chris Klieman. In particular, I am very thankful for how quickly, and smartly he rebuilt his coaching staff. I think that may be one of single biggest reasons NDSU is still rolling this year. Time will tell if he can recruit like Bohl, but for now, and am very, very pleased and thankful for him.

BisonTeacher
12-31-2014, 02:49 PM
Awesome list, but you need to add Bisonville. So thankful we all have this outlet to express our thoughts regarding Bison sports, especially during these 2 or 3 weeks before the natty.

This....But in his defense Im guessing Tony isnt going to thank himself for Bisonville. Good addition SD.

Ferd
12-31-2014, 02:55 PM
And let us not forget Coach Kramer. I feel very comfortable going into the fourth quarter because I know we won't tire out!

tony
12-31-2014, 03:01 PM
This....But in his defense Im guessing Tony isnt going to thank himself for Bisonville. Good addition SD.

And nothing (much) changed to make it better this year. Not even a new emoticon. It's the posters who make or break Bisonville.

Going to update the original list with the new suggestions.

BisonTeacher
12-31-2014, 03:03 PM
And nothing (much) changed to make it better this year. Not even a new emoticon.

I beg to differ. The committee for Bisonville Tshirt design came to the conclusion they needed to form another committee. So there's that.

tony
12-31-2014, 03:05 PM
I beg to differ. The committee for Bisonville Tshirt design came to the conclusion they needed to form another committee. So there's that.

Haha. OK, I've got to get in contact with my uncle-in-law down in Wahp-Breck and get him on these. Can you PM the committee's decision and I can get a quote for the job.

BisonTeacher
12-31-2014, 03:07 PM
Haha. OK, I've got to get in contact with my uncle-in-law down in Wahp-Breck and get him on these. Can you PM the committee's decision and I can get a quote for the job.

I honestly dont remember if there was a decision. I thought you had come up with something around gameday this year....something about how much Bisonvillers THINK they know or something like that.

StL Bison Fan
12-31-2014, 03:10 PM
And nothing (much) changed to make it better this year. Not even a new emoticon. It's the posters who make or break Bisonville.

Going to update the original list with the new suggestions.

Emojis!!! .

SoCalBison
12-31-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm thankful for the way Carson Wentz has developed this year. He started big against Iowa State, then there were a few shaky quarters...but he has shown poise and a skill level that got better each game. Before the season started, I said that it would come down to how well Carson could play this year. Very thankful for his studly-ness.

pucknut9
12-31-2014, 05:43 PM
Thankful of watching my nephew develop into a young man while playing quarterback for the Thundering Herd. As most of you know I'm a pretty damn proud uncle. Thankful he chose the Bison over the other teams that wanted him and that includes the school up north. Hail to the Bison!!!!!!

KilldeerBison
12-31-2014, 05:47 PM
All of the above, and thankful for NDSU's "next man up" philosophy. The Bison depth has been pretty impressive this season. Also, the selfless players that make big impacts even though not racking up huge stats, on any big run from scrimmage, you can often see players staying on blocks far downfield. Guys like Gebhart, Cyr and Bonnet come to mind.

THEsocalledfan
12-31-2014, 06:00 PM
All of the above, and thankful for NDSU's "next man up" philosophy. The Bison depth has been pretty impressive this season. Also, the selfless players that make big impacts even though not racking up huge stats, on any big run from scrimmage, you can often see players staying on blocks far downfield. Guys like Gebhart, Cyr and Bonnet come to mind.

Great post. For those three:

1. I am thankful for the numerous time Gebhart has thrown the key down field block to get Crockett in the EZ.
2. I am thankful for the salt of the Earth players like Cyr are are products of an amazing development program and a strong work ethic.
3. I am thankful for Bonnet's athleticism when he has the ball. I hold my breath every time he is running in the open field.

Civil06
12-31-2014, 06:20 PM
Scott "MY OH MY" Miller

BisonHorns
12-31-2014, 06:26 PM
The senior class for teaching the new coaching staff Bison football.

Hammerhead
12-31-2014, 06:39 PM
I'm thankful for the movers and shakers that got NDSU into the FCS in the first place.

SomeBeach
12-31-2014, 06:44 PM
I appreciate all the people who take time to comment on Bisonville, even those I disagree with!

I learn a lot from y'all, and I appreciate the intense passion shown for the one thing (at least) that we all have in common: a love of Bison Football.

southcliffbison
12-31-2014, 07:03 PM
I am thankful for Coach Tim Polasek for doing his job well enough that caused no one to start a "fire Polasek ..... Save season" thread.

Herd12
12-31-2014, 07:21 PM
I'm thankful for the tenure of Gene Taylor. Everything that he built here has made it absolutely awesome to be a Bison fan. North Dakota State University is has, in my opinion, the finest mid-major men's basketball/football combination. I'm thankful for the pillars of these programs that he brought in that have now moved on (like he has), Tim Miles, Saul, and Coach Bohl. I'm glad that he had a chance to hire the 3 most important coaches in the department before he left, and as far as I can tell made 3 very good selections. The 3 peat, the NCAA basketball appearance, the NCAA basketball victory, the NCAA appearance by baseball and the win over another Big XII appearance made 2014 the finest calendar year in NDSU Athletic History. I'm thankful Gene got to go out on top.

BisonTeacher
12-31-2014, 07:25 PM
Im thankful about how good our defense looked the last game.

Professor Chaos
12-31-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm thankful for the Frisconians (if that's a word) who are such gracious hosts and so welcoming during the Bison invasions year after year. Sure it's good for their local economy but they also have to deal with a lot of drunken (or otherwise) debauchery from all of us Bison fans having a good time down there. In turn it allows us to have an even better time. I have no personal experience but I don't think the city of Chattanooga embraced this game nearly as much as Frisco has done and those of us who make the annual pilgrimage to Frisco every January are the main benefactors.

OrygunBison
12-31-2014, 09:11 PM
I am thankful for Coach Tim Polasek for doing his job well enough that caused no one to start a "fire Polasek ..... Save season" thread.

There is still some time.

southcliffbison
12-31-2014, 09:37 PM
Also, I'm thankful to the Good Lord for giving me the foresight to purchase my Frisco tickets Sept. 13th.

Bison 4 Life
12-31-2014, 09:40 PM
That 344Johnson isn't here to crap all over our excitement.

Wally
12-31-2014, 09:50 PM
Thankful for the work that JJ does with getting games on TV and online avenues(EPSN3). It isn't perfect, but it's pretty damn good.
Go to the 2011 schedule and see how much harder it was to see games.

http://www.gobison.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=48&path=football

IzzyFlexion
12-31-2014, 10:21 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/fw1jy.jpg

runtheoption
12-31-2014, 10:27 PM
I am thankful for power football, a great punter, crotchless panties, Mickey sized bottles, cheap fuel for the upcoming roadtrip, humble Bison fans, Funyons, Colorado, and seasonal beer/liquor.

pucknut9
12-31-2014, 10:36 PM

I second that. He is to busy sucking up at ss.com.

17>1
12-31-2014, 10:43 PM
Thankful for how things are done within the program. From top to bottom, there is nothing else out there in the FCS ranks like what we have here in North Dakota. I love how we line up and run the ball and beat teams with pure physicality. I love how we are stronger in the 4th than the 1st.

I'm also sooooo happy to have Coach K. What a great person he is, and I love how he represents our Bison football team.

Wow, I said "love" a lot in this post. But I'm gonna leave it just how it is.

A1pigskin
12-31-2014, 10:45 PM
Thankful that Carey Woods injury was not serious.

Bison4peat
12-31-2014, 10:49 PM
Thankful that Carey Woods injury was not serious.

^^^^^^This

Bison Loaf
12-31-2014, 11:15 PM
I'm thankful for all the great experiences this program has allowed me over the years (and I don't necessarily mean just the last four years).

But voluntarily limiting it to the most recent, we're talking about 2 GameDay appearances that were amazing, a record 33 game FCS winning streak that will likely not ever be duplicated, regular FBS OOC wins (even beat downs), a home venue atmosphere that just rocks, 3 home playoff games a year for the last 4 years (which rocks even louder), a tailgating atmosphere to die for, and now……………..

………...a chance at an unprecedented 4th straight National Championship, in which 15,000+ raucous Bison Fans will travel across the country to make it into OUR home field away from home.

There are many, many, many (did I mention "many") fans and programs across the country that would give anything to have what I get to experience right here in little ole Fargo, ND. I'm thankful that I get to "do" it, and not just be wishing that I could "do" it!

56BISON73
12-31-2014, 11:19 PM
I second that. He is to busy sucking up at ss.com.

And AGS.....

bisonhp330
12-31-2014, 11:59 PM
I honestly dont remember if there was a decision. I thought you had come up with something around gameday this year....something about how much Bisonvillers THINK they know or something like that.

Cas signature: Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!

BisonTeacher
01-01-2015, 12:31 AM
I am thankful for power football, a great punter, crotchless panties, Mickey sized bottles, cheap fuel for the upcoming roadtrip, humble Bison fans, Funyons, Colorado, and seasonal beer/liquor.

Isnt that what kevin costner said in bull durham? Your such a copy cat. Pffft.

BlueBisonRock
01-01-2015, 05:06 AM
I am thankful that every day is a GREAT day to be a Bison!

BisonTeacher
01-01-2015, 05:13 AM
Is Vraa gonna play? Id be thankful for that! :biggrin:

#BZVFC

MAKBison
01-01-2015, 05:17 AM
IT4---ball control football.....its becoming a lost art.

MAKBison
01-01-2015, 05:18 AM
Is Vraa gonna play? Id be thankful for that! :biggrin:

#BZVFC

CK said he is better everyday..... so he is day to day....that was yesterday.

Hail bison
01-01-2015, 05:25 AM
Thankful for Fanette who will keep me out of trouble when I'm in Frisco without my wife.

BattleBorn
01-01-2015, 05:29 AM
Thankful for the poise shown by Carson, the fun BVers who make Bison football a daily, rather than weekly experience. But mostly thankful for my dad for bringing me to every Bison game he could when I was just a little tyke, and thankful for the games we continue to go to today. Happy New Years everyone.

bisonfanette
01-01-2015, 05:42 AM
Thankful for Fanette who will keep me out of trouble when I'm in Frisco without my wife.

You've got that right!!!
(You have no idea how many responses I had to delete, because they would be taken the wrong way! Only on BV!)

bisonfanette
01-01-2015, 05:44 AM
I'm thankful for this thread... it's really nice! Just read all the posts... heartwarming!

MAKBison
01-01-2015, 05:57 AM

I got your back if need it! Hangdie

MAKBison
01-01-2015, 06:01 AM
IT4 2014---The year of the Bison. What year to be a Bison, just wow!

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2015, 01:18 PM

Oh is that the secret? I should keep that in mind.

T-Funk
01-01-2015, 02:19 PM
Thankful for the game day experience that the Fargodome has become on a week-in and week-out basis. It's now the place to be on Saturdays in the fall. Like Craig Bohl used to say, the early years were like a church service in there some games.

SDbison
01-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Thankful to know Hail bison is in Frisco without his wife and needs to have some fun. Will be sure to have Izzy let him know of all his entertainment plans.

bisonfanette
01-01-2015, 02:40 PM
Thankful to know Hail bison is in Frisco without his wife and needs to have some fun. Will be sure to have Izzy let him know of all his entertainment plans.

We are going to have to have a little chat ~ SD!!!

FFBison
01-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Thankful for Lee Fitting and company. If we weren't on the football map in some parts of the country, we sure are now.

ZHerd
01-01-2015, 03:04 PM
I am thankful for each FBS school AD that has been willing to offer their institutions football team up as NDSU's punching bag. I'm dealing with a lot of internal bitterness over not having such a game for 2015 and I think that 2015 non-con schedule is just plain pathetic and worthless but I'm thankful that the following year is looking up.

westnodak93bison
01-01-2015, 03:13 PM
I am thankful for each FBS school AD that has been willing to offer their institutions football team up as NDSU's punching bag. I'm dealing with a lot of internal bitterness over not having such a game for 2015 and I think that 2015 non-con schedule is just plain pathetic and worthless but I'm thankful that the following year is looking up.
Its OK. We can take our frustrations out on the Griz and their new Oregon like offensive minded coach.

ZHerd
01-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Its OK. We can take our frustrations out on the Griz and their new Oregon like offensive minded coach.

Ha, the Griz game is solid...just not having an FBS game completely deflated my fan sails. Three Big Fluffy teams....really???

unbison
01-01-2015, 03:23 PM
I'm thankful for my dear friend lakes .... Everyday his antics reassure me that I'm of sane mind and actually have morals ... Everyone needs a friend like him

ZHerd
01-01-2015, 03:31 PM
I'm thankful for my dear friend lakes .... Everyday his antics reassure me that I'm of sane mind and actually have morals ... Everyone needs a friend like him

He is coach Bohl's friend, not yours

unbison
01-01-2015, 03:33 PM
He is coach Bohl's friend, not yours

Hmm ok
He has been to the ranch I have the text
Or wait is that a pic with OJ

westnodak93bison
01-01-2015, 03:58 PM
Ha, the Griz game is solid...just not having an FBS game completely deflated my fan sails. Three Big Fluffy teams....really???
So we have a chance to win two conference titles next year. I agree. No FBS game sucks. Too bad so many of them are scared to play NDSU.

BisonTeacher
01-01-2015, 04:10 PM
Everyday his antics reassure me that I'm of sane mind and actually have morals ... Everyone needs a friend like him

Hmmm i always felt that way about watching the Jerry Springer show.

SDbison
01-01-2015, 06:03 PM
We are going to have to have a little chat ~ SD!!! Sure, I will let you know all the places Izzy is going. Personally, the Wild Pitch and the Block Party will be enough for me.

Hail bison
01-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Sure, I will let you know all the places Izzy is going. Personally, the Wild Pitch and the Block Party will be enough for me.

We can't have Izzy running all over Dallas/Ft. Worth by himself. Someone has to look out for him, it's dangerous. I guess I'll volunteer since I won't have anything better to do. Fanette will understand.

56BISON73
01-01-2015, 07:38 PM

:rofl::rofl:

StL Bison Fan
01-01-2015, 08:25 PM

He does have a way of making a person feel good about themselves.
Lakes is special.

Really though, good luck with the birth of his first. Hope everything goes well.

ZHerd
01-01-2015, 08:29 PM
He does have a way of making a person feel good about themselves.
Lakes is special.

Really though, good luck with the birth of his first. Hope everything goes well.

I predict a future Hawkeye fan ;)

IzzyFlexion
01-01-2015, 09:38 PM
We can't have Izzy running all over Dallas/Ft. Worth by himself. Someone has to look out for him, it's dangerous. I guess I'll volunteer since I won't have anything better to do. Fanette will understand.

Actually, I would like to request at least one chaperone (this is where you would "insert" your ESCORT jokes) to accompany me on my visit to Baby Dolls. Not so much a chaperone I suppose. Rather, someone to hold my cash and punt me in the nuts if I begin weakening when approached by that broad that took me to the cleaners last year.

56BISON73
01-01-2015, 09:43 PM
I predict a future Hawkeye fan ;)

Why not----Its FBS:biggrin: Plus---The conversation I had with him he said he loved the game he attended in IC.

bri-dog
01-01-2015, 09:47 PM
Actually, I would like to request at least one chaperone (this is where you would "insert" your ESCORT jokes) to accompany me on my visit to Baby Dolls. Not so much a chaperone I suppose. Rather, someone to hold my cash and punt me in the nuts if I begin weakening when approached by that broad that took me to the cleaners last year.

Pretty much my only goal this year is to NOT go to one of these establishments. Went to Jaguars last year on Thursday night after Third Base closed; stayed 'til 4 or 5 am.

The dancers weren't that great; they had trouble arousing me.*

*and by "arousing", I mean "waking me from naps".**
**At 54 years old, I was getting a little old for staying awake for about 46 hours straight.

westnodak93bison
01-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Speaking of Iowa City. Curious to know how hard tickets will be to get in 2016? Wouldn't mind going back there. Nice campus.

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2015, 10:01 PM
Huh, got to 70 posts until someone mentioned it should be:

"Things for which we should be thankful"

bisonfanette
01-01-2015, 10:32 PM
Oh is that the secret? I should keep that in mind.

That was in the small print when you & I made the deal for the tickets!

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2015, 10:50 PM
That was in the small print when you & I made the deal for the tickets!

My wife will be thankful. That said, I don't think I could hang with Izzy. I'm getting too old for that stuff.

td577
01-02-2015, 01:22 AM
Speaking of Iowa City. Curious to know how hard tickets will be to get in 2016? Wouldn't mind going back there. Nice campus.

I had to have a couple of major surgeries there a few years ago at the university and my hospital room overlooked the stadium. With a lot of trips to Iowa City, my only regret in life is not visiting it in high school. I think it would have been a fun town and campus to attend college. Nothing against NDSU, but Iowa City is insane when it comes to supporting their university. By the way, they do have a world class medical center.

td577
01-02-2015, 01:24 AM
I am thankful another class of Bison student athletes are taking advantage of some great opportunities in front of them.

BisonHorns
01-02-2015, 02:09 AM
I am thankful that the playoffs changing graduation was not a problem, that everyone enjoys the loud music before games, and for gold pom poms.
P.s. I secretly am thankful for the Jacks and Panthers. Just a little.

Hail bison
01-02-2015, 02:37 AM
I'm your guy. I have the ability to be responsible when I have to.

BisonTeacher
01-02-2015, 02:39 AM

Izzy? Dr Gonzo. Dr Gonzo? Izzy.

westnodak93bison
01-02-2015, 02:42 AM
A real playoff system that leaves no doubt and awards home field to the teams that earned it. Genius!

Hail bison
01-02-2015, 02:52 AM
Izzy? Dr Gonzo. Dr Gonzo? Izzy.

Was that in a movie teach?

BisonTeacher
01-02-2015, 02:55 AM

Youve never seen fear and loathing in las vegas? Its based on hunter s thompsons novel.

Hail bison
01-02-2015, 03:03 AM
Youve never seen fear and loathing in las vegas? Its based on hunter s thompsons novel.

No, but I have a friend who is almost cult like about that author. Good movie?

BisonTeacher
01-02-2015, 03:06 AM
No, but I have a friend who is almost cult like about that author. Good movie?

Classic. Im just teasing btw. I doubt you and Izzy would reach that level of debauchery,... But somewhere...Izzy is thinking...challenge accepted. Good luck. Have fun. :biggrin:

bisonfanette
01-02-2015, 03:07 AM

Ahhh I'm not so sure about that!
(Btw, your reservation has been cancelled!)

Hail bison
01-02-2015, 03:11 AM
Classic. Im just teasing btw. I doubt you and Izzy would reach that level of debauchery,... But somewhere...Izzy is thinking...challenge accepted. Good luck. Have fun. :biggrin:

I need to watch that one apparently. Thanks for the good wishes

Hail bison
01-02-2015, 03:12 AM
Ahhh I'm not so sure about that!
(Btw, your reservation has been cancelled!)

I need to look out for my fellow man Fanette. It's a sacrifice

IzzyFlexion
01-02-2015, 03:34 AM

I believe that it's something akin to this:

http://i.imgur.com/tHzGh.gifhttp://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/259/205/1205259.jpg

BisonFan02
01-02-2015, 05:09 AM

:rofl: sure.........

GOBISON123
01-02-2015, 05:24 AM
2015 ...New Year hopeful we can come up with some new plays

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/12/31/in-fcs-huddle-similar-yet-different-finalists/

Marc Farley interview here sounds like ISU will have no problem stopping our "ground and pound" strategy.

bisonfanette
01-02-2015, 05:27 AM
What's the name of this thread? Oh... Things to be THANKFUL for going into the Championship ~

I'm thankful for this little gem, that I found at the local petstore 5323
( I know of some goldendoodles who will raise havoc with this little fella tomorrow!!!)

StL Bison Fan
01-02-2015, 10:43 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/12/31/in-fcs-huddle-similar-yet-different-finalists/

Marc Farley interview here sounds like ISU will have no problem stopping our "ground and pound" strategy.
I'm thankful our opponent had a nice long break and one decided to get married. I like their focus.

westnodak93bison
01-02-2015, 08:45 PM

Farley. Pffftt...I don't think we need his input on how to win. He has under achieved for many years.

StL Bison Fan
01-02-2015, 08:54 PM

Good. I like our odds coming from the king of playoff chokes

Bison"FANatic"
01-02-2015, 09:31 PM
Farley hates us so much if we were to lose or be losing SD would have to change the ad campaign to Don't jerk and watch the championship game.

DM05
01-04-2015, 09:40 PM
Thankful for the single most important person in the entire athletic department....Jim Kramer. The guy who prepares our team to play hard for 4 full quarters 15 or more times a year. The guy that takes players most/all FBS schools didn't want and puts them to work for a few years, and gets to see those players go beat the hell out those same FBS schools. He is the reason for our big, athletic O-line, our linebackers with DB speed, our incredible TE's/FB's (for any level, much less FCS), and our ridiculous conditioning. He is the best in business...

Bison'01
01-05-2015, 04:12 AM
I agree- very thankful for Kramer and the strength/conditioning staff.

Came across this article about the changes Stanford made to their strength program and wonder if this is some of what Kramer uses with our guys.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1739903-how-to-build-a-bully-inside-the-stanford-football-strength-program

tony
01-05-2015, 03:18 PM
Adding Bison Illustrated and Andy Fales of "What's bugging Andy."

BisonTeacher
01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Adding Bison Illustrated

Ok. well then Im thankful for the USPS.

BTW...my last few issues have actually arrived on time. :)

KC Bison
01-05-2015, 05:21 PM
Farley. Pffftt...I don't think we need his input on how to win. He has under achieved for many years.
Talk about a reach....a team with 5 losses that thinks they should be ranked 3-5.

cbline
01-05-2015, 06:08 PM

It will be interesting to see how "ground and pound" works if the Frisco forecast holds true for Saturday: high of 36 with 20% chance of rain.

Mr Meaty
01-05-2015, 06:13 PM
It will be interesting to see how "ground and pound" works if the Frisco forecast holds true for Saturday: high of 36 with 20% chance of rain.

Hope it is a muddy track that day. Johnny C will do just fine on a muddy track. King will love it also. Make it so muddy we can not see the uniform numbers because of the players getting so muddy. Reminds me of a Pittsburg State game back in the day.

Mr Meaty
01-05-2015, 06:13 PM

Hope it is a muddy track that day. Johnny C will do just fine on a muddy track. King will love it also. Make it so muddy we can not see the uniform numbers because of the players getting so muddy. Reminds me of a Pittsburg State game back in the day. :fight:

17>1
01-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Hope it is a muddy track that day. Johnny C will do just fine on a muddy track. King will love it also. Make it so muddy we can not see the uniform numbers because of the players getting so muddy. Reminds me of a Pittsburg State game back in the day. :fight:

As a fan in the stands on Saturday, I hope for clear skies and a great turf.

gumby013
01-05-2015, 11:33 PM
I'm glad our athletic department isn't this blatant with ad placement.

http://goredbirds.com/news/2015/1/5/GEN_0105150039.aspx