PDA

View Full Version : Things to do while in Frisco- College Football Playoff "Fan Central"

CF_Playoff
12-29-2014, 03:41 PM
Congrats on making it to Frisco for the FCS National Championship!
If you are looking for something to do that weekend surrounding the game, check out the College Football Playoff- Playoff Fan Central at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center. Discounted tickets available now!

Take advantage of this discount offer to the official fan fest of the College Football Playoff- "Playoff Fan Central". Offer codes also valid in person at Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Box Office.

* FREE Child ticket with purchase of paid adult ticket
Use code: ENDZONE
ticketmaster.com/fancentral_endzone

* $5 off adult or child ticket
Use code: TOUCHDOWN
ticketmaster.com/fancentral_touchdown

More Details below

DATES
Friday, January 9, 2015
5 p.m. – 10 p.m. *Discounts not valid this night

Saturday, January 10, 2015
8 a.m. – 8 p.m.

Sunday, January 11, 2015
Noon – 8 p.m.

**Ticket is good any ONE day. No re-entry.

GENERAL OVERVIEW
- Family friendly entertainment
- Media day
- Interactive activities
- Food and beverage
- Youth sports clinics
- Mom’s football clinic

Bison 4 Life
12-29-2014, 03:52 PM
Wow! A college football playoff? Is this new? Who came up with this great idea?

IzzyFlexion
12-29-2014, 03:53 PM
Attention Bot...............

Do you not realize that Bisonville Frisco discussions must include banter about hot chicks?

CF_Playoff
12-29-2014, 03:56 PM
Im not a bot. We are helping with the Fan Fest for the CFP in Dallas. Just wanted to share a discount offer for Bison Fans since y'all will be in town
Enjoy!!

CF_Playoff
12-29-2014, 03:57 PM
Yes, first year. You can check out all the info/details at collegefootballplayoff.com

tjbison
12-29-2014, 04:04 PM
Yes, first year. You can check out all the info/details at collegefootballplayoff.com

First year for what?

CF_Playoff
12-29-2014, 04:08 PM
first year for college football playoff system. Its no longer the BCS national championship

tjbison
12-29-2014, 04:11 PM
first year for college football playoff system. Its no longer the BCS national championship

Really, I'm trying to figure out what we played in the 11 times we won the championship, I think it was playoffs, and I do believe we are a college

I think we played 3 games this year in a DI playoff to get to the championship game. Not sure but.....

THEsocalledfan

Quite a novel concept to decide a National Title. Mind completely blown......

tjamz

Weird.... what were all these games I've been attending in November & December the past few years then? They said playoffs on the tickets. Damnit I want my money back, I was fooled into thinking there was a College Football playoff and here it isn't true.

Bison 4 Life
12-29-2014, 04:13 PM

Gosh, just the other day I saw the DIII championship while waiting for the FCS semi final then last week I attended the DII championship.

Aren't those playoffs?

IzzyFlexion
12-29-2014, 04:15 PM
Im not a bot. We are helping with the Fan Fest for the CFP in Dallas. Just wanted to share a discount offer for Bison Fans since y'all will be in town
Enjoy!!

Sorry dude. (non-bot).
However............................I stand by may "hot chick" requirement.* :biggrin:

*btw, there's a stripper in North Dallas that owes me $1,200.00 :mad:

tjbison
12-29-2014, 04:16 PM
Sorry dude. (non-bot).
However............................I stand by may "hot chick" requirement.* :biggrin:

*btw, there's a stripper in North Dallas that owes me $1,200.00 :mad:

She bet it all in Vegas on this "new" concept nobody has ever heard of before....you know playoffs...she's going to triple up the 1200

StL Bison Fan
12-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Enjoy!!

I know you are just doing your job and thanks for the effort and info.
That said, why not invite the people that will be attending the "new" albeit fake playoff to our activities?
We have been doing it for quite some time now.
Some are planning on staying and going so you will probably see some with Bison gear in attendance.

CF_Playoff
12-29-2014, 04:20 PM
Yea its kind of confusing. This new system is said to give teams from all conferences more of a chance to possibly make it to the championship (rather than just bowl game)

Bison"FANatic"
12-29-2014, 04:20 PM
Why is it that every new person that comes here with information has to be given a hard time????

Did any of you know about this event before it was posted here?????

Did any of you have a discount code for the tickets before it was posted??????

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

CF_Playoff
12-29-2014, 04:23 PM
Awesome. I tried to see if we could set up a booth at y'alls game to promote and pass out coupons for the event but they didn't go for it.

tjamz
12-29-2014, 04:24 PM
Why is it that every new person that comes here with information has to be given a hard time????

Appeared to be a spammer

Did any of you know about this event before it was posted here?????

Yes

Did any of you have a discount code for the tickets before it was posted??????

No, but I had no intention on going either way

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

:):):):)

CF_Playoff
12-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Haha. its all good. Its just a cool opportunity to go attend a event that is going on the same weekend y'all will be in town.

CF_Playoff
12-29-2014, 04:29 PM
There is also a concert series going on. Lenny Kravitz and Sting at the American Airlines Center.

Plus free CMT televised concert at Fan Fest on that Friday

Hammerhead
12-29-2014, 06:28 PM
Quite a novel concept to decide a National Title. Mind completely blown......

From http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com

"College football has entered a new four-team playoff era. The format is simple: the best four teams, two semifinals played in bowl games and a championship game played in a different city each year. It’s the biggest innovation in the sport in decades." (Emphasis added)

SDbison
12-29-2014, 07:01 PM
There is also a concert series going on. Lenny Kravitz and Sting at the American Airlines Center.

Plus free CMT televised concert at Fan Fest on that Friday Tell me more about the concert series......times and shows?

SDbison
12-29-2014, 07:04 PM
Tell me more about the concert series......times and shows? What the heck, I found some info: http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/press-releases/college-football-playoff-concert-event-att-playoff-playlist-live-to-feature-performances-by-lenny-kravitz-and-sting

CF_Playoff
12-29-2014, 07:10 PM
Playoff playlist live
Saturday, January 10, 2015
5 p.m. – Doors Open
9:30 p.m. – Lenny Kravitz

Sunday, January 11, 2015
6 p.m. – Doors Open
8:45 p.m. – Sting

Hilson, Vintage Trouble and Lenny Kravitz will perform Saturday night; Echosmith and Sting will perform Sunday night.

Best available seats at TicketEstore.com and also available on ticketmaster.

CMT Concert at Fan Central- First come first serve

The “CMT Ultimate Kickoff Party Live from the College Football Playoff National Championship” will premiere on CMT Friday, January 9, at 8 p.m. CT and will feature country superstars Toby Keith, Lady Antebellum, Big & Rich and Brett Eldredge. More artists will soon be added to the star-studded performance lineup.

Patrons of Playoff Fan Central will have first-come, first-serve access to the concert which will be held in Hall B of the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center.

Thats all that has been announced for CMT concert. Not sure of timeline

CF_Playoff
12-29-2014, 07:11 PM
yup you found it. Great prices for concerts. can't beat $60 for 2 days of concerts

IzzyFlexion
12-29-2014, 08:07 PM
This CF_ dude should come out to the bar with us.
Good info and good effort in getting us tuned in to some things that some may not have known about.
Wild Pitch Friday night young fella. First one's on me.

SDbison
12-29-2014, 08:10 PM
Good info and good effort in getting us tuned in to some things that some may not have known about.
Wild Pitch Friday night young fella. First one's on me. When does Wild Pitch open on Friday?

IzzyFlexion
12-29-2014, 08:19 PM
When does Wild Pitch open on Friday?

some chick via phone told me 11:00.
But, didn't someone on BV say 10:00 because of special Bison circumstances?

Mr Meaty
12-29-2014, 08:22 PM
some chick via phone told me 11:00.
But, didn't someone on BV say 10:00 because of special Bison circumstances?

10:00!!!!!!!!

td577
12-29-2014, 08:29 PM
Tell me more about this new playoff system.

17>1
12-29-2014, 08:35 PM

Google it!

CF_Playoff
12-29-2014, 08:58 PM

Check this out. http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/overview

You can also access info for all the other events here too.

td577
12-29-2014, 09:06 PM
Check this out. http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/overview

You can also access info for all the other events here too.

What a novel idea. You put teams in brackets and let them play each other for the chance to eventually play in a championship. This is awesome. Why didn't anyone think of this before?

CF_Playoff
12-29-2014, 09:09 PM
What a novel idea. You put teams in brackets and let them play each other for the chance to eventually play in a championship. This is awesome. Why didn't anyone think of this before?

Who knows. Plus bowl games still exist so I'm not sure..

CF_Playoff
12-29-2014, 09:10 PM
Wild Pitch Friday night young fella. First one's on me.

Haha. I will probably be pretty busy but sounds cool

Green1
12-29-2014, 09:39 PM
This thread has all the makings to be the next "How to use your Pom Poms" -type of topic!

SamsRams
12-29-2014, 10:34 PM
I am confused this is the forum for NDSU football. This party is for the ISU NDSU game?

Bisonwinagn
12-30-2014, 04:07 AM

I think it's the BCS playoff or the FBS playoff not really sure. Oh now I get it. It's FBS teams from the BCS playing in a playoff system called a "college playoff" cause that's never been used before.

CF_Playoff
12-30-2014, 02:15 PM
I am confused this is the forum for NDSU football. This party is for the ISU NDSU game?

Im not sure what Wild pitch Friday is but I have posted this CFP Fan Central info since it is going on the whole weekend while y'all are here. Seemed like a good opportunity to make more of your stay while your already in town. Plus its College Football related

StL Bison Fan
12-30-2014, 02:22 PM
Im not sure what Wild pitch Friday is but I have posted this CFP Fan Central info since it is going on the whole weekend while y'all are here. Seemed like a good opportunity to make more of your stay while your already in town. Plus its College Football related

No offense, but this is like listening to the commentators go on and on about bowl games as we are watching FCS football.
Your info is good and some will take you up on the events, but we do have our pep rally Friday and other events like a championship game to attend.

CF_Playoff
12-30-2014, 02:30 PM
No offense, but this is like listening to the commentators go on and on about bowl games as we are watching FCS football.
Your info is good and some will take you up on the events, but we do have our pep rally Friday and other events like a championship game to attend.

Haha yea I hear ya. Looks like we will now have some of the CFP Fan Central coupons at the info stations at Toyota stadium for the game

IzzyFlexion
12-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Haha yea I hear ya. Looks like we will now have some of the CFP Fan Central lap dance ( :praying: )coupons at the info stations at Toyota stadium for the game

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/257/f/1/top_10_fav_cartoon_characters_by_btm05-d2yr0c9.jpgcharacters.

CF_Playoff
12-30-2014, 02:39 PM
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/257/f/1/top_10_fav_cartoon_characters_by_btm05-d2yr0c9.jpgcharacters.

Haha. sadly not

MrSnuffleupagus
12-30-2014, 03:59 PM
Do I have to be a mom to attend the Mom's Clinic?

StL Bison Fan
12-30-2014, 04:00 PM
Do I have to be a mom to attend the Mom's Clinic?

If you take your mom they'll let you in...

BisonTeacher
12-30-2014, 04:01 PM

You've always struck me as a calvin and hobbs sort of guy.

tojo70
12-30-2014, 05:21 PM
If you take your mom they'll let you in...

Don't let Izzy take your mom

tojo70
12-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Apparently there was a theory that a playoff system only worked for games using a round ball. I believe Newton came up with it around the time he came up with his gravitational theory. So, being that gravitiation was more important to the world than his ball theory, it kinda got lost in the shuffle. For hundreds of years no one has challenged Newton's ball theory, until now. Some are saying that this new playoff system could challenge the universe as a whole and may change the rotation and/or tilt of the earth causing catastrophic consequences.

Bison 4 Life
12-30-2014, 11:09 PM
Oh, it's on.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6JHWd6CYAAdG01.jpg:large

StL Bison Fan
12-30-2014, 11:13 PM
Oh, it's on.

We will be there. One of our favorite spots

Bison4peat
12-30-2014, 11:29 PM
I will be crushing this.

Bison4peat
12-30-2014, 11:31 PM
Oh, it's on.

Crew and I will be crushing this.

Bison 4 Life
12-30-2014, 11:46 PM
Sorry CF Playoff. We not only already had a playoff, we already have a party.

onbison09
12-30-2014, 11:57 PM
Give the dude a break. He's (she's) just doing their job. :facepalm:

Bison 4 Life
12-31-2014, 12:07 AM
Give the dude a break. He's (she's) just doing their job. :facepalm:

So their job is using a free message board for advertising? Is her company donating money to Bisonville?

That's not a real job.

THEsocalledfan
12-31-2014, 12:14 AM
Oh, it's on.

I am so glad I am old and have kids with me, or I am quite certain I would hurt myself two nights in a row at something like this.....

onbison09
12-31-2014, 04:10 AM
So their job is using a free message board for advertising? Is her company donating money to Bisonville?

That's not a real job.
Well, they might be able to say they posted so many things to different sites. I just don't see why people jumped all over the person. But that seems to be what happens with new people.

perthbison
12-31-2014, 05:06 AM
I am so glad I am old and have kids with me, or I am quite certain I would hurt myself two nights in a row at something like this.....My sentiments exactly.

BisonTeacher
12-31-2014, 02:59 PM
or I am quite certain I would hurt myself two nights in a row at something like this.....

Nonsense. A real man would just not sleep and keep right on going. Right Bridog?

Sorry bud...I couldnt resist.

P.S. Do you still have that picture of you passed out? This would be a good time to post it. :)

CF_Playoff
01-02-2015, 12:11 PM
Sorry CF Playoff. We not only already had a playoff, we already have a party.

Playoff Fan Central will be on Sunday too. There are no parties Sunday. Plus your parties are not all day, so there is still plenty of time for people to come check it out if they like

CF_Playoff
01-02-2015, 12:13 PM

That's not a real job.

This is a free board. If anything was going to be donated or paid for it would be to the FCS so we could reach both teams

BisonHorns
01-02-2015, 12:58 PM
I really like that you posted your info here. It would be fun to check out if our family wasn't spending 32 hours on the great American highways (Iowa Sucks). I did notice that you reached both teams because you also posted on the deadbird forum too.

NDSUSR
01-03-2015, 03:37 AM
Thread has potential....

tjbison
01-03-2015, 06:58 AM
Thread has potential....

yes..yes it does

im still confused how this playoff system works

Vitojr130
01-03-2015, 06:27 PM

That's some fine 10 char right there

CF_Playoff
01-05-2015, 07:45 PM
I really like that you posted your info here. It would be fun to check out if our family wasn't spending 32 hours on the great American highways (Iowa Sucks). I did notice that you reached both teams because you also posted on the deadbird forum too.

No problem. If you have time check it out. It should be pretty cool. Yea i posted on the Redbird forum but there admin keeps banning me haha

CF_Playoff
01-05-2015, 07:56 PM
yes..yes it does

im still confused how this playoff system works

Each week, teams would be ranked overall. The CFP committee would vote each week based on a number of factors like record, strength of teams played, schedule difficulty, etc. So in the final ranking, only the top 4 teams end up with a shot at the Championship game. The winner of the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl will play for Title in championship game

bisonmike2
01-05-2015, 08:01 PM
CF_Playoff, you seemed to be informed on this. How long is this current setup going to be in place? 4 years? More? Given how successful the first 2 games were for ESPN (I believe I saw they were the 2 highest rated shows in cable television history) do you see them expanding to 8 teams once this current setup expires? I have to imagine that ESPN is going to throw dump trucks of money at the idea of being able to host additional BCS playoff games.

missingnumber7
01-05-2015, 08:07 PM
Each week, teams would be ranked overall. The CFP committee would vote each week based on a number of factors like record, strength of teams played, schedule difficulty, etc. So in the final ranking, only the top 4 teams end up with a shot at the Championship game. The winner of the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl will play for Title in championship game

They still are not NCAA champions as they still play in the Football BOWL Subdivison.

Bison 4 Life
01-05-2015, 08:15 PM
They still are not NCAA champions as they still play in the Football BOWL Subdivison.

They aren't NCAA champions at all. The NCAA doesn't award this championship, the CFP Administration, LLC does.

CF_Playoff
01-05-2015, 08:17 PM
CF_Playoff, you seemed to be informed on this. How long is this current setup going to be in place? 4 years? More? Given how successful the first 2 games were for ESPN (I believe I saw they were the 2 highest rated shows in cable television history) do you see them expanding to 8 teams once this current setup expires? I have to imagine that ESPN is going to throw dump trucks of money at the idea of being able to host additional BCS playoff games.

The College Football Playoff has replaced the BCS Championship. So this is the new system and i would think it would be in place for a while (like the BCS) until a better system is agreed upon. Im not sure but I would think that a 8 team setup could be possible, but who knows if it would ever be implemented. There are still bowl games being played left and right and the big ones like the Orange Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Peach Bowl and Cotton Bowl Classic were televised locally ( i think ESPN too).
But I think you are right

marenlee
01-05-2015, 08:18 PM

The deal is supposed to be 10 or so years? If they really want to go eight they'll nix that and renegotiate.

CF_Playoff
01-06-2015, 02:12 PM
The deal is supposed to be 10 or so years? If they really want to go eight they'll nix that and renegotiate.

Im not sure of the details but I'm sure its something like that

SafeTeeJ
01-06-2015, 02:25 PM
Im not sure of the details but I'm sure its something like that

Are you a natural blond or do you use L'OREAL?

CF_Playoff
01-06-2015, 02:31 PM
Are you a natural blond or do you use L'OREAL?

Haha just noticed how dumb that sounded

Tatanka
01-06-2015, 02:32 PM
Haha just noticed how dumb that sounded

Not the dumbest thing in this thread. :)

Bison 4 Life
01-06-2015, 02:52 PM
Not the dumbest thing in this thread. :)

This appears to be a 19 year old marketing intern. He/She was asked over on the ISU board what the "Mom's Football Clinic" was and he/she had no idea.

CF_Playoff
01-06-2015, 03:29 PM
This appears to be a 19 year old marketing intern. He/She was asked over on the ISU board what the "Mom's Football Clinic" was and he/she had no idea.

Not a intern but its true. I do not know what the mom clinic is.

CF_Playoff
01-08-2015, 04:36 PM
Guest appearances announced for this weekends College Football Playoff- Playoff Fan Central event.
Also check out this other thread regarding concert series!
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?34880-Things-to-do-while-in-Frisco-pt-2-College-Football-Playoff-Concert-Series

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/events--1#playoff-fan-central

Clink yellow link in middle of page that says "Click here to view a full schedule of Playoff Fan Central events" to open up appearances/dates/times.

Strongman
01-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Really, I'm trying to figure out what we played in the 11 times we won the championship, I think it was playoffs, and I do believe we are a college

I think we played 3 games this year in a DI playoff to get to the championship game. Not sure but.....

3/11 of the NDSU National Championships were via polls not playoffs.