12-28-2014, 01:21 AM
Sunday Dec 28th - 2:00pm against Northland College at Scheels Arena

StL Bison Fan
12-28-2014, 01:34 AM
Sunday Dec 28th - 2:00pm against Northland College at Scheels Arena

We will be there!

HoopsBison
12-28-2014, 04:47 AM
Cant make it to this one, will be driving back from the cities. Should be an easy win, hope to see Dave able to extend the bench play and get some of those guys some more minutes. Would also be great to see AJ out there.

Last tune up and then we got a big weekend with two at home against two of the better SL teams. Should be a fun week!

Go Bison!

ndsubison1
12-28-2014, 05:22 AM
Northland does not have much size. One 6'9, one 6'7, and one 6'6. They are currently 2-6 with a 82-43 loss to MSU-Mankato. Leading scorer is 6'1 G Gerald Bates avg 15 pg. I think we should be able to hold them down and win convincingly with the way we've been playing on defense.

HoopsBison
12-28-2014, 07:43 PM
Bison lead 46-31 at half.

AJ is back and has 13. LA has 14. Brown (out with nose injury) and Kading (shoulder) are sitting out this afternoon.

Mr Meaty
12-28-2014, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the update

Civil06
12-28-2014, 08:06 PM
Pretty electric atmosphere!

Anybody know why Kaeding isn't playing? He looks fine in warmups.

Tatanka
12-28-2014, 08:14 PM

Rest him as much as possible. Gonna need him big next weekend.

Mr Meaty
12-28-2014, 08:35 PM

He has been nursing a sore shoulder.

HoopsBison
12-28-2014, 08:38 PM
Bison win 83-59.

Lots of balanced scoring for the Herd.

Mr Meaty
12-28-2014, 08:40 PM
Hope starters found their rhythm and bench got some good minutes as well. The season starts next week. Let's to this thing. Go herd.

BFKasper14
12-28-2014, 08:44 PM
Is Northland DII?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadwarrior
12-28-2014, 09:01 PM
Is Northland DII?

D3............

HerdBot
12-28-2014, 11:15 PM
Attendance 918. I knew we would see some drops due to the way off campus temporary site but these numbers are hideous . I guess we need to take a step back to take a step forward.

56BISON73
12-28-2014, 11:23 PM
Attendance 918. I knew we would see some drops due to the way off campus temporary site but these numbers are hideous . I guess we need to take a step back to take a step forward.

School is out. People traveling with the Christmas holidays and they are playing a D3 team. And you blame it on an off campus site????:facepalm:

HerdBot
12-28-2014, 11:26 PM
School is out. People traveling with the Christmas holidays and they are playing a D3 team. And you blame it on an off campus site????:facepalm:

Have you seen the other games minus UND and compared them to last year?

80ALUM
12-28-2014, 11:29 PM
Let's not overreact here. Wait for conference play and see how it goes. I am betting next weekend's games will be well attended.

56BISON73
12-28-2014, 11:34 PM
Have you seen the other games minus UND and compared them to last year?

So you are now talking about the other games? Were you at the game?

HerdBot
12-28-2014, 11:36 PM
Let's not overreact here. Wait for conference play and see how it goes. I am betting next weekend's games will be well attended.

Nobody is overreacting. Just pointing out the low numbers. Our last 2 home games have to be close to a record low crowd in modern era for back to back regular season home games. We had a poor showing vs a really good Akron team too (1100) while last year we drew 3k for a midweek game vs Delaware. Hopefully it picks up but the shac cant be done soon enough. There hasn't really been a student section lately

Tatanka
12-28-2014, 11:53 PM
Did the 918 include you? or do bots not count?

roadwarrior
12-29-2014, 12:06 AM

Looks like fans don't like comfortable seats. Maybe we should save a few bucks and put the planks back in the SHAC.

StL Bison Fan
12-29-2014, 12:17 AM
But, they serve beer in the bar! Shouldn't that draw them in off the streets?

56BISON73
12-29-2014, 12:18 AM
Looks like fans don't like comfortable seats. Maybe we should save a few bucks and put the planks back in the SHAC.

Dont forget the big draw of having a bar?:confused:

TbonZach
12-29-2014, 12:20 AM
Did the 918 include you? or do bots not count?

Bots only count at UN_.

unbison
12-29-2014, 12:34 AM
Bots only count at UN_.

Non conference attendance during football season is always awful

Honeybooboo
12-29-2014, 12:36 AM
Well sorry but Northland isn't going to be a big draw, it will increase

1998braves64
12-29-2014, 12:42 AM
And isn't capacity at scheels arena smaller than BSA?? So even sellout will be less...
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

HerdBot
12-29-2014, 12:48 AM
Well sorry but Northland isn't going to be a big draw, it will increase

True but Akron drew 1100 and that's absolutely embarrassing draw for our best non conference home game of the year . Seems like an excuse every week.

Weekday game. Bad competition. Hangover from football. Blah blah blah. I guess the reality is an off campus stadium kind of blows and the numbers reflect that but that's OK given situation . If Conference games are bad then we should be concerned.

HoopsBison
12-29-2014, 12:58 AM
There is no doubt we lose out on the majority of the students being this far off campus.

Having said that there was no doubt this was going to be weakly attended game. No students, lots of holiday traveling, D3 opponent, and last week of nfl games will hurt for the casual sport fan.

Our home situation is far from ideal but its what we got for two years. Scheels arena isnt a bad venue, its simply just not on campus.

NorthernBison
12-29-2014, 01:00 AM
True but Akron drew 1100 and that's absolutely embarrassing draw for our best non conference home game of the year . Seems like an excuse every week.

Weekday game. Bad competition. Hangover from football. Blah blah blah. I guess the reality is an off campus stadium kind of blows and the numbers reflect that but that's OK given situation . If Conference games are bad then we should be concerned.

No question an off-campus site has disadvantages when it come to drawing students. This one also has perceived issues with parking.

However, don't forget expectations of fans. This isn't last year's squad. They are starting from a lower level and will need to create their own buzz.

The hard truth is that it will probably have to wait until after Frisco.

56BISON73
12-29-2014, 01:08 AM

Why werent you at the game???

coldspot
12-29-2014, 01:18 AM
we're missing the most important thing that happened today...coldspot dropped the t-shirt thrown directly to him during the t-shirt toss

StL Bison Fan
12-29-2014, 01:22 AM
we're missing the most important thing that happened today...coldspot dropped the t-shirt thrown directly to him during the t-shirt toss

That was you?

coldspot
12-29-2014, 01:28 AM
That was you?

unfortunately yes. not quite "djkyro missing free throws" level of bad, but still bad.

BYZEN
12-29-2014, 02:00 AM
unfortunately yes. not quite "djkyro missing free throws" level of bad, but still bad.

Hey, hey, hey now, give dk a break, at least he made the free throw........barely.:rofl:

Bison bison
12-29-2014, 02:31 AM
After you were done I told my three year old son -"Don't ever be that guy!"

HerdBot
12-29-2014, 03:57 AM
Why werent you at the game???

I was at Akron

NDSUstudent
12-29-2014, 04:15 AM

NFL games, people traveling, students on break, terrible opponent means a poor attendance perfect storm.

Tatanka
12-29-2014, 12:41 PM
I was at Akron

And if your aunt had a penis she'd be your uncle.

Point is, don't bitch about poor attendance if you're part of the problem. For the record I was there +2 but I'm not bitching.

Bison Bridge Guy
12-29-2014, 01:23 PM
NFL games, people traveling, students on break, terrible opponent means a poor attendance perfect storm.

Exactly. Location not relevant.

Herd12
12-29-2014, 01:36 PM

Yes it is. The upgrade from the BSA to the Scheel's arena should entice more people to come but I do know some front-running Bison Basketball fans that don't go to the games any more that just don't believe this team has a chance in conference. The interest level is lower with this team than it was with last year's team. Is the University doing a shuttle for students from campus to the SA? If they're not it needs to start happening for conference play. Even if it's one bus that goes down 15 minutes prior to game time and leaves 10 minutes after the final horn. It needs to get done.

Tatanka
12-29-2014, 01:40 PM
Yes it is. The upgrade from the BSA to the Scheel's arena should entice more people to come but I do know some front-running Bison Basketball fans that don't go to the games any more that just don't believe this team has a chance in conference. The interest level is lower with this team than it was with last year's team. Is the University doing a shuttle for students from campus to the SA? If they're not it needs to start happening for conference play. Even if it's one bus that goes down 15 minutes prior to game time and leaves 10 minutes after the final horn. It needs to get done.

Yes, the school is providing transportation. and :facepalm: for these "front-running Bison Basketball fans".

AO54
12-29-2014, 01:51 PM
coming from the UMAC perspective, that was a huge crowd for a Northland game. I'm glad the Lumberjacks were able to give the Bison a little bit of a challenge.

bisonfan08
12-29-2014, 02:32 PM
Attendance has been down but yesterdays game doesn't worry me, as huge of a Bison hoops fan as I am I didn't make the 5 minute trip to the game because I was watching my Ravens try to win as well as cheering on the Chiefs to beat the Chargers so they could get into the playoffs. If it would've been a more important game I would've been there but I wasn't missing important football for a game vs a DIII school. A lot of football teams were playing at noon with large local fan bases (Vikings, Bears, Cowboys, etc.) and plenty of people still traveling from the holidays. That being said I will be at both games this weekend and hoping for a good crowd for both.

Herd12
12-29-2014, 03:08 PM
Attendance has been down but yesterdays game doesn't worry me, as huge of a Bison hoops fan as I am I didn't make the 5 minute trip to the game because I was watching my Ravens try to win as well as cheering on the Chiefs to beat the Chargers so they could get into the playoffs. If it would've been a more important game I would've been there but I wasn't missing important football for a game vs a DIII school. A lot of football teams were playing at noon with large local fan bases (Vikings, Bears, Cowboys, etc.) and plenty of people still traveling from the holidays. That being said I will be at both games this weekend and hoping for a good crowd for both.

I"ll cop to this as well. I was watching the Packers win the North and clinch the first round bye. A non-con game against a division III school just doesn't take precedence over that for me personally. Scheduling events opposite the NFL is dangerous stuff. Football is king.

Mr Meaty
12-29-2014, 03:17 PM
This has probably been answered before but here it goes anyways. For conference play why do we not have mens and womens double headers all the time. I would think overall attendance would improve for all schools. Plus on a selfish note, driving for two games in one night is more worth my time than driving for just one. Is there a great reason it is done the way it is?

Herd12
12-29-2014, 03:21 PM
This has probably been answered before but here it goes anyways. For conference play why do we not have mens and womens double headers all the time. I would think overall attendance would improve for all schools. Plus on a selfish note, driving for two games in one night is more worth my time than driving for just one. Is there a great reason it is done the way it is?

It's done this way because the women's program doesn't draw any more. I would guess it has a lot to do with quality of play on our end but it's a fact. The women's team was moved to the BBF because it doesn't look good to have a crowd of 600 people in the Scheel's Arena and why carry that cost of those extra rentals when you know you're losing money. Doubleheaders would be great but the women's program doesn't bring enough to the table in terms of interest or attendance right now.

Tatanka
12-29-2014, 03:21 PM
Just for clarity, my opinion is not that everyone should drop what they're doing and go to a basketball game if that's not what they want to do. I am simply pointing out that it is disingenuous for a person to complain about the lack of attendance at a game that they chose not to attend.

NorthernBison
12-29-2014, 03:22 PM

The location has relevance because it is "different" and has perceived issues with parking.

There are also other things that may affect attendance this season.

A conference winning streak will solve all of them.

Bison Bridge Guy
12-29-2014, 03:46 PM
The location has relevance because it is "different" and has perceived issues with parking.

There are also other things that may affect attendance this season.

A conference winning streak will solve all of them.

For clarity - I meant that the location was not relevant for the attendance at this particular game. Others have listed the factors that were relevant. And the parking issues are not perceived - it sucks to park there for a well attended game or event.

Also - curious if anyone knows how many students typically attended conference games at the BSA in the last couple years. The student section in the bleachers was not very big. I guess what I'm asking is, how much of a factor have the students been in the overall attendance numbers?

Bison03
12-29-2014, 04:04 PM

The reason for not many double headers has to do with scheduling. Back in the NCC days it was always Friday/Saturday games with mens/womens double headers. DII and DIII conferences may still do this but is is pretty non existant in DI basketball; even smaller mid major ones like the Summit. The only double headers scheduled this year are this coming weekend on Friday vs Oral Roberts and Sunday vs SDSU. Not sure why they don't do more. They probably don't want to only have one gate for two games. It would greatly improve adttendance for women's games though.

HoopsBison
12-29-2014, 05:12 PM
For clarity - I meant that the location was not relevant for the attendance at this particular game. Others have listed the factors that were relevant. And the parking issues are not perceived - it sucks to park there for a well attended game or event.

Also - curious if anyone knows how many students typically attended conference games at the BSA in the last couple years. The student section in the bleachers was not very big. I guess what I'm asking is, how much of a factor have the students been in the overall attendance numbers?
I would say were missing out on 400-500 students a game. Thats if the students dont show for conference games. Outside of the UND game were prolly averaging 50 students a game.

roadwarrior
12-29-2014, 05:37 PM
Conference games are scheduled by the conference office. If there happens to be a men's game and women's game the same day in the same city, it is up to the school to decide whether to do a double header or have them separate.

We are definitely missing out on student attendance at Scheels. Not that it was too large of a component at the BSA except for a couple of big name conference opponents. There have been more students at games at Scheels than most people think. They just grab open seats wherever they see them rather than sitting on the floor in the end zone.

I have found that parking isn't that big of a deal at Scheels. I now know where you can always park for free. Parking wasn't that great at the BSA for a late arrival either, especially if the dome had an event the same night.