PDA

View Full Version : A serious question

CoachFSCB
12-27-2014, 01:38 AM
My family of four will finally be heading to Frisco this January. Because of work/school commitments, we were unable to go the past three years but everything worked out just right this time and we will be heading to Texas. We will be taking a coach bus tour so we already have our travel and hotel accomodations set, however game tickets are not included in the package. I have looked on fcsflashseats and StubHub for tickets but the asking price for many of the seats seems really steep. I have heard from different sources that tickets are readily available in Frisco the night before the game or on game day, and in many cases much cheaper than buying now. Understandably, I am a little nervous spending money to travel to Texas without having any game tickets in hand. So, for you veterans of Frisco, here is my question: Are there really a lot of tickets available the day of, or the day before the game? If so, what kind of prices would I be looking at? Would I find tickets around $100? $150? Less than that? Would there be only singles available, or pairs? I am not seeking primo seating; I just want to get my family into the game after spending the money on a bus and hotel. I'm interested to know what to expect, and I'm thinking that the good people of Bison Nation who have made the trek to Frisco in the past will be able to fill me in. Any information about tickets that you can pass along would be greatly appreciated!

Bison bison
12-27-2014, 01:43 AM
If you want four together the going price is about $150 per. This should fall buy next weekend/January 5th, but it might not.

This is not last years market where Towson brought less than a thousand fans.

IndyBison
12-27-2014, 02:05 AM
Be patient. There will be tickets available at much lower prices than what you see online now. Those are people hoping others will be too anxious to wait.

The demand is more than last year but not enough to drive prices high. If there was a market for 30 or 35k then you could justify $100 per ticket. I'm guessing actual demand is more like 25k and day of game it will probably at capacity because many people won't go without tickets.

You may have to go in sets of 2 but you could probably swap tickets with someone so you could sit together. Pick a price you are willing to spend and buy when they reach that number. You should be able to go below face if you are willing to wait until game day.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

westnodak93bison
12-27-2014, 02:07 AM
Look for SRO tickets in the NCAA website. I bought a couple two years ago and my brother in law stood on the 50. Better seats than I had and you stand a lot anyway.

1998braves64
12-27-2014, 02:07 AM
There likely will be tickets keep watching here and nicely and politely ask fanette to keep tabs on any she hears about or is hoarding :biggrin: I've seen a few for sale my 2 years of course 1st year we were a bit like ISUr for a week. I never really went through the tailgate lot asking for any available tickets but if you get there early you probably be able to buy some off groups who had people with change of plans.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

SamsRams
12-27-2014, 02:23 AM
If you are nervous watch flashseats everyday. Ncaa is hoarding some tix and releasing a few each day.
Otherwise wait a week then go on flashseats and bid a price you are comfortable with and bid on numerous tickets. Have bid safe on and sit back and wait. In the mean time warch craigslist for fargo and normal. Find a good price and have them transfer on flashseats if you cant pick up.

There is nothing wrong with SRO and they havent gone on sale yet. I get ticket and spend a lot of time in SRO. Very good view.

SamsRams
12-27-2014, 02:31 AM
Next 3 days are worst time to buy unless you get a good deal. Do not panic it will work out

BisonNeil
12-27-2014, 02:34 AM
The demand is more than last year but not enough to drive prices high. If there was a market for 30 or 35k then you could justify $100 per ticket. I'm guessing actual demand is more like 25k and day of game it will probably at capacity because many people won't go without tickets.

Explain what the heck you just said because it makes no sense to me. Published seating capacity of the stadium is 20,500.

Swaghook
12-27-2014, 02:41 AM
Explain what the heck you just said because it makes no sense to me. Published seating capacity of the stadium is 20,500.

The supply is 20,500 he is saying the real demand is for 25K which would put ticket prices lower then what they are currently being marketed for. If 30-35K people all wanted tickets for the stadium only seating 20,500 then the current after market prices would be justified.

Bison 4 Life
12-27-2014, 02:42 AM

Very simple. If there were a demand exceeding 10-15k of capacity, it would justify the current pricing. There is not.

There is likely a demand exceeding about 5k of capacity. A good portion of that potential demand will not make the trip without a ticket in hand leaving the genuine probability of easily obtained tickets at the venue.

gizmo
12-27-2014, 02:58 AM
Getting four tickets at the last minute is not that difficult but you may have to split your group if you wait to get tickets. Personally, I am not a patient one when it comes to getting game tickets as they are the first thing I purchase followed in order by flights and lodging. The game tickets are the cheapest part of the entire trip so I don't mind paying extra to have them locked in.

DCinOK
12-27-2014, 03:13 AM
Look for SRO tickets in the NCAA website. I bought a couple two years ago and my brother in law stood on the 50. Better seats than I had and you stand a lot anyway.

Good advice. I got a SRO ticket in 2012 for, I think, $30. It got me in the stadium, and there were PLENTY of seats to sit in as there are plenty of no-shows, etc.

Ruffype
12-27-2014, 03:45 AM
I did the same thing. Get the game tickets first, then get there.

IndyBison
12-27-2014, 04:20 AM
Very simple. If there were a demand exceeding 10-15k of capacity, it would justify the current pricing. There is not.

There is likely a demand exceeding about 5k of capacity. A good portion of that potential demand will not make the trip without a ticket in hand leaving the genuine probability of easily obtained tickets at the venue.

Correct. And the extra 5k demand may be a high estimate and only include the casual person who is only mildly considering. This is all speculative so I could be wrong but it's my gut feel. If the excess demand was 15k the process currently posted would eventually sell or spike back to as we get closer as people get desperate.

If you remember supply and demand it will eventually set the price.

Ndsu84
12-27-2014, 06:08 AM
A big part of why there are tickets available on game day is because the business' in the Frisco area have been given tickets to help promote the event. Lots of those tickets get sold that day.

Bison 4 Life
12-27-2014, 01:09 PM
Guys, I'm looking at this all wrong. I've just been over to the Redbird board and now I'm totally freaking out. All the Bison fans stole all the tickets and are now selling them for $500!

http://forums.jetcareers.com/attachments/oh-no-gif.29731/

BisonNation11
12-27-2014, 01:21 PM
The allotted tickets haven't been dished out yet, so there will be more tickets to hit the market next week and the week leading up to the game. If it were me I'd hold out on buying until the week of the game unless you find a great deal.

Gully
12-27-2014, 01:51 PM
Well, it's time to panic. I read somewhere on the internet that very few tickets are available, even on stub hub. If you can get them for less than $200/seat, I'd pull the trigger.

Also, I have four seats available for $450 each.

All very deep purple.

Bison 4 Life
12-27-2014, 01:55 PM
Well, it's time to panic. I read somewhere on the internet that very few tickets are available, even on stub hub. If you can get them for less than $200/seat, I'd pull the trigger.

All very deep purple.

I'm pretty sure year 1 was the only year I had tickets in hand more than 2 weeks before the game.

bri-dog
12-27-2014, 01:59 PM

All very deep purple.

Geez, Gully -- this is a pretty new guy asking. He may not realize that purple font means sarcasm on here. [/admonition] :biggrin:

Gully
12-27-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm pretty sure year 1 was the only year I had tickets in hand more than 2 weeks before the game.

As bri-dog said.......sarcasm. Sorry, I sometimes forget that not everyone is like BisonTeacher and spends 16 hours/day on herer.

17>1
12-27-2014, 02:18 PM
3 + weeks out, and everyone just watched the Bison beat a team in the semi's to earn a trip to Frisco. Most every Bison fan in the dome that night plans on going to Texas. Christmas hasn't come yet, and people still have presents to buy, credit cards to use, and cars to fill with gas for traveling.

2-3 weeks out, and excitement is still high. People are holding out hope of getting a ticket, when none seem to be available....or affordable. Christmas has come and gone, and people realize that buying the "Ultra Nerf Megashooter 5000" for junior cost a bit more than planned. That "Dora American Girl Barbie with 3 hairbrushes and a 4 piece make up kit" for Junioretta just had to be bought for $109.99 to make her Christmas extra special. And of course the wife needed diamonds to offset all the football you've watched this year. So naturally, funds are low.

1-2 weeks out, and those that committed to going regardless of most unforseen circumstances, are still going. Hotels are reserved and car or flight arrangements have been made.The allotment has happened, and those that had bought 3 year plans or tix off StubHub, end up getting their 6 and therefore have extras. I refer to this as the trickle down effect. Those that spent too much money at Christmas, are not going. Those that have those crappy jobs where getting time off is difficult, are not going. Life happens, plans change, people get sick, cars break down, etc...more people not going.

Maybe not 100% accurate but it's the same song and dance every year. Wait it out my man, tickets become available.

17>1
12-27-2014, 02:19 PM
As bri-dog said.......sarcasm. Sorry, I sometimes forget that not everyone is like BisonTeacher and spends 16 hours/day on herer.

Thank God for this ;)

Bison 4 Life
12-27-2014, 02:30 PM

I was basically making a personal observation. Hoping the Redbird trolls actually believe us. Although it's way funnier when they don't.

BisonTeacher
12-27-2014, 04:01 PM
My family of four will finally be heading to Frisco this January. Because of work/school commitments, we were unable to go the past three years but everything worked out just right this time and we will be heading to Texas. We will be taking a coach bus tour so we already have our travel and hotel accomodations set, however game tickets are not included in the package. I have looked on fcsflashseats and StubHub for tickets but the asking price for many of the seats seems really steep. I have heard from different sources that tickets are readily available in Frisco the night before the game or on game day, and in many cases much cheaper than buying now. Understandably, I am a little nervous spending money to travel to Texas without having any game tickets in hand. So, for you veterans of Frisco, here is my question: Are there really a lot of tickets available the day of, or the day before the game? If so, what kind of prices would I be looking at? Would I find tickets around $100? $150? Less than that? Would there be only singles available, or pairs? I am not seeking primo seating; I just want to get my family into the game after spending the money on a bus and hotel. I'm interested to know what to expect, and I'm thinking that the good people of Bison Nation who have made the trek to Frisco in the past will be able to fill me in. Any information about tickets that you can pass along would be greatly appreciated!

If i was a betting man i would guess you have a good chance of getting tickets outside the stadium. Getting them all together may be a different story.

@gully....chyea...ok Mr twitter instagram facebook linked in.

Gully
12-27-2014, 04:52 PM
you forgot pinterest :)

SamsRams
12-27-2014, 09:53 PM
you forgot pinterest :)

You old farts, kids do snapchat now a days. get with the times

I have posted all my tics on tinder for 45 a piece and a handjob

bisonforever
12-28-2014, 04:36 AM
You old farts, kids do snapchat now a days. get with the times

I have posted all my tics on tinder for 45 a piece and a handjob