PDA

View Full Version : Players walk from the bus to the stadium

TateMosersneighbor
12-22-2014, 08:57 PM
I think one of the coolest things to witness down in Frisco is when the players walk from the bus to the stadium Saturday morning. If you haven't witnessed this, you should. It's intense. It'd be neat to see 10,000+ fans line up to welcome them. In past years, we have had 3 or 4 thousand? What do you folks think on those numbers? My point is that regardless of the numbers that have been to this in the past, it'd be cool to see more this year!

We are some of the best fans in "Merica" and it's ironic that the NC game is maybe the best chance to have a walk-up like this.

I'd be interested in others view of the walk-up.

BisonTeacher
12-22-2014, 09:02 PM
Witness is the key term. With that many people i couldnt see anything when i went in 2012.

Edit...
I bet it means a lot to the players though

Bison03
12-22-2014, 09:11 PM
What is amazing is the looks on the players and coaches faces, and the mode they are in. Pure business and it has fired mr up every time I see it.

17>1
12-22-2014, 09:34 PM
Very cool moment to participate in for sure. My best time was the first year, and it's not quite as big of a deal to me at this point. However, if you're going to Frisco for the first time, definitely a can't miss experience.

Bison"FANatic"
12-22-2014, 10:14 PM
Very cool moment to participate in for sure. My best time was the first year, and it's not quite as big of a deal to me at this point. However, if you're going to Frisco for the first time, definitely a can't miss experience.

Stumbled upon it the first year just as the busses were pulling up. That was crazy watching the players coaches and administrators faces looking out the bus and then beaming when they got off the busses. Even they were surprised at Bisonation that day.

Bison"FANatic"
12-22-2014, 10:16 PM

Stumbled upon it the first year just as the busses were pulling up. That was crazy watching the players coaches and administrators faces looking out the bus and then beaming when they got off the busses. Even they were surprised at Bisonation that day.

PlainsBison
12-22-2014, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I think everyone should go watch that (while I go and make myself home via ample and unguarded tailgating food).

Hammerhead
12-22-2014, 10:53 PM
I think one of the coolest things to witness down in Frisco is when the players walk from the bus to the stadium Saturday morning. If you haven't witnessed this, you should. It's intense. It'd be neat to see 10,000+ fans line up to welcome them. In past years, we have had 3 or 4 thousand? What do you folks think on those numbers? My point is that regardless of the numbers that have been to this in the past, it'd be cool to see more this year!

We are some of the best fans in "Merica" and it's ironic that the NC game is maybe the best chance to have a walk-up like this.

That is cool. Just get there early if you want to be in front.

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww75/gjhammer/FCS%20Champs/100_9917.jpg (http://s707.photobucket.com/user/gjhammer/media/FCS%20Champs/100_9917.jpg.html)

bisonridge
12-22-2014, 11:52 PM
Just fyi, it helps if you're tall:D but definitely something to checkout if you have not been there before, amazing to me that the players are so focused!!

KSBisonFan
12-23-2014, 12:03 AM
Well, the first year was awesome....front row next to Joe Lund's family. 2nd year there was a guy in a big, girly, yellow fur coat next to me. He looked like Big Bird and kept saying TWSS. Still have nightmares about that. Last year, I just remember Jager shots being served up about that time. Best part is the "Let's go Bison!" chant when the opposing team walks in.

BYZEN
12-23-2014, 12:34 AM
Well, the first year was awesome....front row next to Joe Lund's family. 2nd year there was a guy in a big, girly, yellow fur coat next to me. He looked like Big Bird and kept saying TWSS. Still have nightmares about that. Last year, I just remember Jager shots being served up about that time. Best part is the "Let's go Bison!" chant when the opposing team walks in.
Worst part about last year, when our own band comes down the middle and lines up, shoulder to shoulder, blocking out most people's view.:facepalm2:

UncleBuck
12-23-2014, 03:12 AM
The first year, I remember two things about the walk.

First, the look on the Sam Houston players wondering where there fans were. Someone said they thought they heard a player ask, 'Where are our fans?'

Second, one of the few Sam Houston fans near me watching the Bison come in, and she said to her husband in awe, 'Their players are big.'

StL Bison Fan
12-23-2014, 03:13 AM
The first year, I remember two things about the walk.

First, the look on the Sam Houston players wondering where there fans were. Someone said they thought they heard a player ask, 'Where are our fans?'

Second, one of the few Sam Houston fans near me watching the Bison come in, and she said to her husband in awe, 'Their players are big.'
Probably the Bells.

BisonTeacher
12-23-2014, 03:18 AM

Come to think of it...it was pretty cool. Maybe this year you will wake up on time and actually get to see it.

:biggrin:

#herdingcats

onbison09
12-23-2014, 03:26 AM
Worst part about last year, when our own band comes down the middle and lines up, shoulder to shoulder, blocking out most people's view.:facepalm2:
They've done that every year

ACECON
12-23-2014, 04:05 AM
What time does this happen? Game is at Noon, this must happen before 10:00am? Am I close?

1998braves64
12-23-2014, 04:05 AM
Last year sucked because for both teams they had the band line up inside the ropes, players had to walk in a little 3 foot aisle between band members belting out the fight song. I thought what they did in (Jan 2012) for the first one was perfect.

You Tube video from Dudzik:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt8fxqWluW0 Proof that I was there here is picture of Dudzik taking that video! :biggrin: 5280

Here is picture from Towson this last year this shows the Towson band but NDSU did same thing5279
I had to take that picture standing on my tippy toes holding the camera way above my head and I'm not exactly vertically challenged.

I liked how they had the band the first year off to the side at the beginning, where they had it last year was impossible to get a "good" spot. Probably actually paid off being closer to the stadium likely.

1998braves64
12-23-2014, 04:09 AM
What time does this happen? Game is at Noon, this must happen before 10:00am? Am I close?

9:30 am for NDSU this year they must have moved that time up a bit.

http://www.ncaa.com/championships/football/fcs/fan-events

1998braves64
12-23-2014, 04:12 AM

They didn't the first year see the video in my post. Well in a way I guess but the band was in a group off to one side rather than single file on both sides along the inside of the ropes.

56BISON73
12-23-2014, 04:15 AM

Where you going to put them? After the 4-5 row nobody will be able to see anything except the back of the head of the person sitting in front of them.

BYZEN
12-23-2014, 08:10 AM
Not the first year and the second year our spot near the stadium didn't have the band.

Last year sucked because for both teams they had the band line up inside the ropes, players had to walk in a little 3 foot aisle between band members belting out the fight song. I thought what they did in (Jan 2012) for the first one was perfect.

You Tube video from Dudzik:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt8fxqWluW0 Proof that I was there here is picture of Dudzik taking that video! :biggrin: 5280

Here is picture from Towson this last year this shows the Towson band but NDSU did same thing5279
I had to take that picture standing on my tippy toes holding the camera way above my head and I'm not exactly vertically challenged.

I liked how they had the band the first year off to the side at the beginning, where they had it last year was impossible to get a "good" spot. Probably actually paid off being closer to the stadium likely.

If we are set up tailgating on the grass again, we will skip it. We stood for quite some time to have the perfect spot to video them from the bus towards the stadium and instead the wife saw nothing and I have pictures similar to yours.

gumby013
12-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Not the first year and the second year our spot near the stadium didn't have the band.

If we are set up tailgating on the grass again, we will skip it. We stood for quite some time to have the perfect spot to video them from the bus towards the stadium and instead the wife saw nothing and I have pictures similar to yours.

Nothing stopping you from setting up on the ISU side...they won't be there.

Tatanka
12-23-2014, 01:17 PM

But but but but This is THEIR parking lot! :rofl:

BYZEN
12-23-2014, 01:21 PM

We have talked about this. Especially since other than the 3000 team allotments I believe Bison fans have already done a great job of buying up all the available tickets.
See y'all in Texas!

Thundering Herd
12-23-2014, 02:01 PM
Where you going to put them? After the 4-5 row nobody will be able to see anything except the back of the head of the person sitting in front of them.

Hi, I'm Debbie Downer. Have we met? :facepalm:

TateMosersneighbor
12-23-2014, 04:12 PM
Come to think of it...it was pretty cool. Maybe this year you will wake up on time and actually get to see it.

:biggrin#herdingcats

You are thinking of my neighbor...I don't like sleep similar to you. I hope the fans remember that there's always a player involved in the walk that it's their first time...just because we've done it a few times doesn't make it any less important for the players and coaches.

Always remember watching Grant Olson take a VERY big deep breath as he was walking by us...like the enormity of the situation just hit him. Very cool to have that on video.

runtheoption
12-23-2014, 04:29 PM
You are thinking of my neighbor...I don't like sleep similar to you. I hope the fans remember that there's always a player involved in the walk that it's their first time...just because we've done it a few times doesn't make it any less important for the players and coaches.

Always remember watching Grant Olson take a VERY big deep breath as he was walking by us...like the enormity of the situation just hit him. Very cool to have that on video.I remember that as well. We were standing right by the entrance to the stadium, so the players were pretty much done with the walk. Grant's exhales like the weight of world was on his shoulders...you could tell his heart was racing from all the fans being there.

56BISON73
12-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Hi, I'm Debbie Downer. Have we met? :facepalm:

Hey he asked for peoples thoughts. I would much rather speak of that reality then have people disappointed that they waited in line and could see squat.