PDA

View Full Version : Frisky Frisco Tips

Vitojr130
12-20-2014, 04:03 PM
What's up Bisonville? Long time, no thread.

So, pending the 4 tickets I'm attempting to purchase, this guy will finally make it down to Frisco for the first time.

Any tips on where to stay, eat, drink, black out, purge, rally, etc. etc.?

Our (tentative) hotel is about halfway between Dallas and Frisco.

Go Go Go Go

A1pigskin
12-20-2014, 04:24 PM
No matter where you go there will be Bison fans.

1998braves64
12-20-2014, 05:02 PM
We stayed in Addison has quite a bit of places. I probably should dig out my google map again!!
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

EC8CH
12-20-2014, 05:17 PM
Visit an open pit BBQ joint... Eat brisket.

Bison_Pyro
12-20-2014, 05:19 PM

Hard Eight BBQ, delish.

onbison09
12-20-2014, 05:24 PM
3 stacks BBQ by Hooters. Wild Pitch if the wife's not around (or if she's open minded :D). There's a ton of cool stuff around here. Feel free and PM me if you have any questions (I live around here), but I'm sure people have been down here enough to help you.

bri-dog
12-20-2014, 05:37 PM
http://www.wildpitchsportsbar.com/

That is all. Team Makers; even their home page in in Bison colors...

bisonmike2
12-20-2014, 06:35 PM
Has it been confirmed that you can buy liquor in Frisco mow? I know they passed the law but is there a liquor store in the town now?

onbison09
12-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Has it been confirmed that you can buy liquor in Frisco mow? I know they passed the law but is there a liquor store in the town now?
Yessir. And the bars stay open until 2 AM starting January 1st. You can also buy in Plano now if you're staying there.

SamsRams
12-20-2014, 07:37 PM
Hard Eight BBQ, delish.

where is this?

NDogg44
12-20-2014, 08:08 PM
The Shops at Legacy is probably your best bet for night life. For those of you that have been to Frisco in the past, it's just south of Dr Pepper Ballpark (where the pep rally has been in the past). Ginger Man (over 100 beers on tap), Gringo's and Scruffy Duffie's (Irish Pub) are all great spots. As far as food, Twisted Root has some of the best burgers around and is in the Shops at Legacy. There is also Mi Cocina (Mexican), Jasper's (IMO the best place in there), Nicola's (Italian) and Ra (sushi) are great too.

If any of y'all are big foodies, the best place to go is closer to uptown Dallas or Addison - there are hundreds of places where you can have the meal of your life.

dgoergs
12-20-2014, 08:15 PM
http://www.wildpitchsportsbar.com/

That is all. Team Makers; even their home page in in Bison colors...
The BrEaST place to visit in all of North America, my friend!

NDogg44
12-20-2014, 08:27 PM
The BrEaST place to visit in all of North America, my friend!

This used to be Third Base for those of you that have visited in the past. Not a bad spot at all - right next to Dr Pepper Ballpark.

StL Bison Fan
12-20-2014, 08:46 PM
The Shops at Legacy is probably your best bet for night life. For those of you that have been to Frisco in the past, it's just south of Dr Pepper Ballpark (where the pep rally has been in the past). Ginger Man (over 100 beers on tap), Gringo's and Scruffy Duffie's (Irish Pub) are all great spots. As far as food, Twisted Root has some of the best burgers around and is in the Shops at Legacy. There is also Mi Cocina (Mexican), Jasper's (IMO the best place in there), Nicola's (Italian) and Ra (sushi) are great
If any of y'all are big foodies, the best place to go is closer to uptown Dallas or Addison - there are hundreds of places where you can have the meal of your life.

My favorite place. Upscale. We always go to the Half Shell. I will be having raw oysters again. Thanks to our team

Bison_Pyro
12-20-2014, 08:50 PM
where is this?

688 Freeport Parkway, Coppell, TX, 75019. Website is hardeightbbq.com

56BISON73
12-20-2014, 08:57 PM
The Shops at Legacy is probably your best bet for night life. For those of you that have been to Frisco in the past, it's just south of Dr Pepper Ballpark (where the pep rally has been in the past). Ginger Man (over 100 beers on tap), Gringo's and Scruffy Duffie's (Irish Pub) are all great spots. As far as food, Twisted Root has some of the best burgers around and is in the Shops at Legacy. There is also Mi Cocina (Mexican), Jasper's (IMO the best place in there), Nicola's (Italian) and Ra (sushi) are great

pappadeauxs

NDogg44
12-20-2014, 09:32 PM
pappadeauxs

Not exactly the best place Dallas has to offer, but it's decent.

Rixen
12-22-2014, 01:46 AM
Would there be any expert opinions on whether or not Plano or Allen would be a preferred location? They both look pretty equidistant from the game. Nightlight and commute is unknown though. Other than the infamous Wild Pitch reviews.

Thanks in advance!

onbison09
12-22-2014, 01:51 AM
Would there be any expert opinions on whether or not Plano or Allen would be a preferred location? They both look pretty equidistant from the game. Nightlight and commute is unknown though. Other than the infamous Wild Pitch reviews.

Thanks in advance!
Depends on where you're at but I would say try to get near the tollway if possible. If you are, I would say it doesn't really matter. Allen may have a bit more nightlife than Plano but I would say not a huge difference.

Vitojr130
12-22-2014, 02:17 AM
Oh man so many places.

What would you recommend that is close to the junction of 35E and 635? Our hotel is literally a mile east of here and roughly halfway between Frisco and Dallas. We're only staying Friday and Saturday night, so what can we cram into these nights?

I really, really want to try some authentic bbq while I'm down there.

CAS4127
12-22-2014, 02:27 AM
Depends on where you're at but I would say try to get near the tollway if possible. If you are, I would say it doesn't really matter. Allen may have a bit more nightlife than Plano but I would say not a huge difference.

What to Mexican eatery in north Plano (??) again? They have outstanding food. Looks like a palace from outside. ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonTeacher
12-22-2014, 11:07 AM
Just a friendly tailgating planning tip....

Not sure if theyve changed the laws, but in 2013 you could not buy offsale in the county Frisco was in. Maybe someone else can provide current info, but last year we planned ahead so we didnt have to worry about it.

Having said that...in 2013 we had to drive to the next county over to buy off sale, but they did have a drive thru. So that was cool. There are pictures somewhere.

1998braves64
12-22-2014, 11:23 AM

Not sure if theyve changed the laws, but in 2013 you could not buy offsale in the county Frisco was in. Maybe someone else can provide current info, but last year we planned ahead so we didnt have to worry about it.

Having said that...in 2013 we had to drive to the next county over to buy off sale, but they did have a drive thru. So that was cool. There are pictures somewhere.

Believe onbison said that the law is changing on January 1st. So some off sale stores might get a nice boost to start!

IzzyFlexion
12-22-2014, 02:44 PM
Believe onbison said that the law is changing on January 1st. So some off sale stores might get a nice boost to start!

OB09 is THE authority on all things DFW. I'm counting him to direct me to a bar where I'm not likely to lose twelve hundred bucks over a three hour span!

THEsocalledfan
12-22-2014, 03:09 PM
Airport Lounge tip:

If you have Amex Platinum card, you can access the Centurion Lounge at DFW for free. If you have any other Amex card, you can get in for $50. Considering you get fed premo food, and get premo drinks for free, not that hard to justify, particularly if you are with kids as they then get in for free......

It is by D17.

http://thecenturionlounge.com/location/DFW/about

gumby013
12-22-2014, 03:22 PM
Airport Lounge tip:

If you have Amex Platinum card, you can access the Centurion Lounge at DFW for free. If you have any other Amex card, you can get in for $50. Considering you get fed premo food, and get premo drinks for free, not that hard to justify, particularly if you are with kids as they then get in for free......

It is by D17.

http://thecenturionlounge.com/location/DFW/about

Good to know. I am flying to Australia a couple days after the game from the D terminal.

Bison 4 Life
12-22-2014, 03:27 PM

I seem to remember a little bodega/convenience store right around the corner from the Hampton by Dr. Pepper Ballpark that we bought beer in last year. I also remember that there were some restrictions on days like Sat/Sun or something like that.

THEsocalledfan
12-22-2014, 03:40 PM
Good to know. I am flying to Australia a couple days after the game from the D terminal.

Just so folks realize, DFW has a good tram that keeps you air side so this will work great for your domestic flights.

BisonTeacher
12-22-2014, 03:47 PM
I seem to remember a little bodega/convenience store right around the corner from the Hampton by Dr. Pepper Ballpark that we bought beer in last year. I also remember that there were some restrictions on days like Sat/Sun or something like that.

I think it may have only been on the hard stuff. Beer and wine was ok within the county. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

StL Bison Fan
12-22-2014, 04:03 PM
I think it may have only been on the hard stuff. Beer and wine was ok within the county. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Yes it does. Beer and wine for sale there. We brought our own liquor.

StL Bison Fan
12-22-2014, 04:14 PM
Jack Sunday will have the guy from the former 3rd Base on his kfgo show next.

Bison"FANatic"
12-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Jack Sunday will have the guy from the former 3rd Base on his kfgo show next.

He said they are flying 3 banners but they have room for the 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StL Bison Fan
12-22-2014, 04:35 PM
He said they are flying 3 banners but they have room for the 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:welcome: they are ready...

Tatanka
12-22-2014, 04:38 PM

Did he say how much they hate Bison fans down there? :rolleyes:

BisonNation11
12-22-2014, 04:56 PM
Did he say anything about the ISU-R guy booking the 50 person private room??? ;):rolleyes:

bisonmike2
12-22-2014, 07:16 PM
What to Mexican eatery in north Plano (??) again? They have outstanding food. Looks like a palace from outside. ???

Is it this place? We ate there last year. Pretty good, really busy.

http://www.laharanch.com/lahaciendaranch/home_laha.htm (laharanch.com)

CAS4127
12-22-2014, 07:26 PM
Is it this place? We ate there last year. Pretty good, really busy.

http://www.laharanch.com/lahaciendaranch/home_laha.htm (http://laharanch.com)

Nope, but thanks. I figured it out. It's this place:http://www.abuelos.com/

StL Bison Fan
12-22-2014, 07:26 PM
The mayor of Frisco on kfgo at 2:10pm

Bison 4 Life
12-22-2014, 07:35 PM

That's a chain. I've seen them elsewhere.

gumby013
12-22-2014, 07:39 PM

That's a chain. I've seen them elsewhere.

Yup, they are a chain...but an ok one. I used to eat there when I lived in Arkansas.

TateMosersneighbor
12-22-2014, 07:58 PM
Don't go to the bar on Friday morning and let your friend drive the rental car that's in your name. He might just turn left into oncoming traffic, get into an accident and rip the front bumper completely off of the rental car that you rented in Fargo. Also, don't allow that friend to allow your neighbor (who I won't name due to the utterly hypothetical nature of this tip) to ride in that rental car with a very stiff mixed drink on the way to 3rd Base Sports Bar so when and if they get into a fender bender said drink spills in said rental car.

If you do this, you're insurance rates will go up. The good news is that if something like this happens...duct tape will hold a fender on a minivan from Frisco to Fargo at roughly 85 miles an hour the whole way even in 40 below wind chills.

Other tips? Do not videotape waitresses dancing on the bar at 3rd Base to Def Leppard and then allow the wife to view these videos. WIFEY's DO NOT LIKE THESE THINGS.

CAS4127
12-22-2014, 08:01 PM
Don't go to the bar on Friday morning and let your friend drive the rental car that's in your name. He might just turn left into oncoming traffic, get into an accident and rip the front bumper completely off of the rental car that you rented in Fargo. Also, don't allow that friend to allow your neighbor (who I won't name due to the utterly hypothetical nature of this tip) to ride in that rental car with a very stiff mixed drink on the way to 3rd Base Sports Bar so when and if they get into a fender bender said drink spills in said rental car.

If you do this, you're insurance rates will go up. The good news is that if something like this happens...duct tape will hold a fender on a minivan from Frisco to Fargo at roughly 85 miles an hour the whole way even in 40 below wind chills.

Other tips? Do not videotape waitresses dancing on the bar at 3rd Base to Def Leppard and then allow the wife to view these videos. WIFEY's DO NOT LIKE THESE THINGS.

We know who your neighbor is . . .

BisonTeacher
12-22-2014, 08:06 PM
Do not go to the bar on Friday morning and let your friend drive the rental car that's in your name. He might just turn left into oncoming traffic, get into an accident and rip the front bumper completely off of the rental car that you rented in Fargo. Also, don't allow that friend to allow your neighbor (who I won't name due to the utterly hypothetical nature of this tip) to ride in that rental car with a very stiff mixed drink on the way to 3rd Base Sports Bar so when and if they get into a fender bender said drink spills in said rental car.

Might just be because it was on tv this weekend...but this post reminds me of the dude getting shoved in a limo..."Easy man! Theres a beverage here!!!"

You forgot the ice on the roads in oklahoma

TateMosersneighbor
12-22-2014, 08:17 PM
Might just be because it was on tv this weekend...but this post reminds me of the dude getting shoved in a limo..."Easy man! Theres a beverage here!!!"

You forgot the ice on the roads in oklahoma

Ice is easy to drive on if you do not brake or attempt to turn.

Bison03
12-22-2014, 08:21 PM
Since we are the "vistors" this year I assume we are tailgating on the other side of the stadium, and the side that we were on in 2012. I wasn't there that year. Is that lot better because it is closer? or is the other side better because it is bigger. Or is this all a moot point since Bison fans will be everywhere?

TateMosersneighbor
12-22-2014, 08:23 PM
We know who your neighbor is . . .

Just testing you...concussion protocol. You passed and may go to Frisco.

Bison bison
12-22-2014, 08:25 PM
Since we are the "vistors" this year I assume we are tailgating on the other side of the stadium, and the side that we were on in 2012. I wasn't there that year. Is that lot better because it is closer? or is the other side better because it is bigger. Or is this all a moot point since Bison fans will be everywhere?

?

Don't we always tailgate on the outside of the stadium?

BisonTeacher
12-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Ice is easy to drive on if you do not brake or attempt to turn.

Apparently you werent driving a dodge charger last year.

MNLonghorn10
12-22-2014, 08:26 PM
If you get to the tailgate later than anticipated and can't get into the ndsu lot. Don't panic. Isu will have plenty of space on their side. Towson was good for something last year

runtheoption
12-22-2014, 10:11 PM

Other tips? Do not videotape waitresses dancing on the bar at 3rd Base to Def Leppard and then allow the wife to view these videos. WIFEY's DO NOT LIKE THESE THINGS.This guy right here is the very definition of a "Decemberist." Barely posts anything all year long, then all of sudden is showing some interest in Bison football since we somehow managed to squeak back into Frisco.

IzzyFlexion
12-22-2014, 10:36 PM
Apparently you werent driving a dodge charger last year.

or a $700 POS Ford Windstar with no front heater and a transmission that decides 30 miles north of Wichita is a great place to drop it's transmission on a cold, dark, unfamiliar interstate.

runtheoption
12-22-2014, 10:48 PM
or a $700 POS Ford Windstar with no front heater and a transmission that decides 30 miles north of Wichita is a great place to drop it's transmission on a cold, dark, unfamiliar interstate.Sounds like the start of another great Izzy story where the final chapter opens with "So I woke up in a strange bed..."

56BISON73
12-22-2014, 11:11 PM
Not exactly the best place Dallas has to offer, but it's decent.

What are your suggestions. I have also found that one pappas can be a little different than an other. But I still ike their food. What about their Steak house Pappas? Ive eaten at Bobs Chop and Steak House and Ruth Chris also. Plus Fogo de Choa but they are the same all over.

Will be trying The Franklin BBQ in Plano this year as well.

CAS4127
12-22-2014, 11:16 PM
What are your suggestions. I have also found that one pappas can be a little different than an other. But I still ike their food. What about their Steak house Pappas? Ive eaten at Bobs Chop and Steak House and Ruth Chris also. Plus Fogo de Choa but they are the same all over.

Will be trying The Franklin BBQ in Plano this year as well.

And if memory serves me, you owe me a meal!!

56BISON73
12-22-2014, 11:19 PM
And if memory serves me, you owe me a meal!!

You HAVE been hit on the head one too many times. :biggrin: Paid up last year at Pappadeauxs. But hey if you are low on cash again this year Emily said we can sponsor another meal for you.:hungry:

CAS4127
12-22-2014, 11:20 PM
You HAVE been hit on the head one too many times. :biggrin: Paid up last year at Pappadeauxs. But hey if you are low on cash again this year Emily said we can sponsor another meal for you.:hungry:

FML--forgot about that. :(

56BISON73
12-22-2014, 11:24 PM
FML--forgot about that. :(

You werent feeling very good that night. So you probably didnt enjoy it much as you should have.

CAS4127
12-22-2014, 11:27 PM
You werent feeling very good that night. So you probably didnt enjoy it much as you should have.

Tru dar! I remember the food, just conveniently forgot you paid! :)

onbison09
12-22-2014, 11:57 PM
Bars will be open until 2 starting January 1. Not sure about off sale. Checking with my uncle who lives in Frisco.

onbison09
12-22-2014, 11:58 PM
OB09 is THE authority on all things DFW. I'm counting him to direct me to a bar where I'm not likely to lose twelve hundred bucks over a three hour span!
Damn that's a tall task :D

56BISON73
12-22-2014, 11:59 PM
Bars will be open until 2 starting January 1. Not sure about off sale. Checking with my uncle who lives in Frisco.

You will attend our tailgate?

onbison09
12-23-2014, 12:00 AM
Got confirmation from my uncle: you can buy beer and wine in Frisco but you can buy hard liquor in Plano across Highway 121.

Tatanka
12-23-2014, 12:07 AM
You will attend our tailgate?

Yes, 09, there will be no excuses this year :D

onbison09
12-23-2014, 12:09 AM
Yes, 09, there will be no excuses this year :D
1. Duh. TAB's wife will be there :D
2. Um, pretty sure I was there last year for a long time. Talked to TSCF, you, PL, WYO, Izzy, but apparently you have to wear a yellow coat to get remembered.

Tatanka
12-23-2014, 12:20 AM
1. Duh. TAB's wife will be there :D
2. Um, pretty sure I was there last year for a long time. Talked to TSCF, you, PL, WYO, Izzy, but apparently you have to wear a yellow coat to get remembered.

3) gotcha :D

BisonAccountant44
12-23-2014, 12:37 AM
Did he say how much they hate Bison fans down there? :rolleyes:
That's the 2nd or 3rd time I've noticed this reference. Where did it come from? I don't see it in the preposterous statement thread.

BisonTeacher
12-23-2014, 12:50 AM
You will attend our tailgate

Very Jedi like PL. Did you slowly pass your hand in front of his face while saying it?

BisonTeacher
12-23-2014, 12:52 AM
Sounds like the start of another great Izzy story where the final chapter opens with "So I woke up in a strange bed..."

Or ends with..."and I never saw her again."

56BISON73
12-23-2014, 01:07 AM
Very Jedi like PL. Did you slowly pass your hand in front of his face while saying it?

Its the power of the sausage.

BisonTeacher
12-23-2014, 01:40 AM
Its the force of the sausage.

Fixed it for you

Green1
12-23-2014, 02:25 AM
Its the power of the sausage.

This also sounds like a quote from an Izzy story.

BisonTeacher
12-23-2014, 02:26 AM
And if ksbisonfan shows up just say...

This is not the tailgate you are looking for....

1998braves64
12-23-2014, 04:30 AM
Updated my map. But if anyone wants anything added let me know.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zHkk7fyY-jwo.krWqnWMg7c_s

Bison bison
12-23-2014, 04:36 AM
Please highlight the sections of Pizza Hut Stadium that are allocated to Illinois State.

56BISON73
12-23-2014, 04:46 AM

Ive eaten at the Cantina Laraedo in Branson and the carnitas is great.

1998braves64
12-23-2014, 04:55 AM
Ive eaten at the Cantina Laraedo in Branson and the carnitas is great.

I actually added the one down in Addison as I think a few from here are staying there. Funny thing is I think we'd put that on our list to go eat at and the day we went to go there they were not open until 12 or something and we wanted to eat at 11 as I think it was the day we went to the zoo so wanted to eat a bit earlier than normal and it ended up not being open so had to settle on another mexican joint across the street was so so place.

StL Bison Fan
12-23-2014, 04:57 AM
Please highlight the sections of Pizza Hut Stadium that are allocated to Illinois State.

Apparently they think we 'stole' their tickets. I don't believe they realize that some of these tickets in their section were sold last year and this summer.
Maybe the NCAA could be a little more helpful with explaining things so the schools can pass on info and not look like fools with their tickets.

Bison_Pyro
12-23-2014, 05:05 AM
Apparently they think we 'stole' their tickets. I don't believe they realize that some of these tickets in their section were sold last year and this summer.
Maybe the NCAA could be a little more helpful with explaining things so the schools can pass on info and not look like fools with their tickets.

Wow, there is some major butt hurt going on over on their forum... do they realize that thousands upon THOUSANDS of tickets were bought between late Aug and Dec?!

StL Bison Fan
12-23-2014, 05:40 AM
Wow, there is some major butt hurt going on over on their forum... do they realize that thousands upon THOUSANDS of tickets were bought between late Aug and Dec?!

No, they don't. And I don't think you will convince them otherwise.
We learned. They will learn. Wait until they see the tailgate lots!

Bison bison
12-23-2014, 05:42 AM
They might realize it on the 10th, but probably not.

Instead they'll think it was the fault of the athletic department and be a little upset when they should be focusing on the game.

THEsocalledfan
12-23-2014, 12:21 PM
No, they don't. And I don't think you will convince them otherwise.
We learned. They will learn. Wait until they see the tailgate lots!

Clearly, those complaining have not seen the tape from last year. There we more Bison fans at the game in Frisco than a typical Saturday in the FFD. Pretty simple math, ISUr folks. only 4K in our allotment......

StL Bison Fan
12-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Clearly, those complaining have not seen the tape from last year. There we more Bison fans at the game in Frisco than a typical Saturday in the FFD. Pretty simple math, ISUr folks. only 4K in our allotment......

They have a link to the pep fest on their board. It's limited to 8500. There's your clue birds!

1998braves64
12-23-2014, 03:49 PM
Just reminder we also went through a stage of wtf is up with tickets in Dec 2011. So we're not"better" than ISUr as they are discovering what we did that year.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

bisonmike2
12-23-2014, 07:05 PM
Anyone been to Mash'd?

HazenBizon
12-23-2014, 07:12 PM

Babe's in Frisco. Close to the stadium, great food, reasonable prices, and best of all, it's BYOB.

1998braves64
12-25-2014, 12:44 AM
Babe's in Frisco. Close to the stadium, great food, reasonable prices, and best of all, it's BYOB.

Added
10char

BisonBabe
12-25-2014, 11:15 AM

Perot Museum should be added to you map of attractions.

gumby013
12-25-2014, 12:53 PM
I also highly recommend Saltgrass Steakhouse.

Swaghook
12-25-2014, 03:41 PM
I also highly recommend Saltgrass Steakhouse.

We stopped at a location in Oklahoma City on way down the 2nd year. Good food.

onbison09
12-26-2014, 06:26 AM
Oh yessir. Not complicated (fried chicken and sides) but it doesn't have to be. Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers is also awesome fast food but it doesn't beat Whataburger.

56BISON73
12-26-2014, 06:27 AM
Oh yessir. Not complicated (fried chicken and sides) but it doesn't have to be. Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers is also awesome fast food but it doesn't beat Whataburger.

Hows The Franklin BBQ in Plano?

bisonmike2
12-26-2014, 06:57 PM
Has anyone had any luck with taxi cabs or uber in Frisco?

onbison09
12-26-2014, 09:46 PM
Hows The Franklin BBQ in Plano?
Never been there for some reason. Might have to go before the weekend and let you know what I think.

perthbison
12-26-2014, 09:52 PM
Has anyone had any luck with taxi cabs or uber in Frisco?The first natty, 2011, I hired one from the nairport to hotel at Plano then back to the airport. I really think it would be cheaper to rent a compact car. It worked well, but just expensive.

56BISON73
12-26-2014, 09:59 PM
Never been there for some reason. Might have to go before the weekend and let you know what I think.

Yes would be interested in your opinion.

onbison09
12-26-2014, 10:02 PM
Yes would be interested in your opinion.
Is this what you're talking about? http://www.yelp.com/biz/lockhart-smokehouse-plano Can't find anything about Franklin's. I know about the one in Austin

SCBison629
12-27-2014, 01:26 AM
Anybody staying at the Hilton in Allen? Any idea if there is a shuttle to the game or pep rally? Depending on what time you are flying in, what about from the airport?

56BISON73
12-27-2014, 01:32 AM
Is this what you're talking about? http://www.yelp.com/biz/lockhart-smokehouse-plano Can't find anything about Franklin's. I know about the one in Austin

Yep thats it.

Ruffype
12-27-2014, 03:53 AM
I am going to Hooters Friday night and Twin Peaks Saturday night. Call me crazy!

dokhogg
12-27-2014, 07:28 AM
Making my first trek to the big game...how is the taxi situation? Am staying in Plano, unfortunately flying not driving so will have no tailgating stuff...I usually am the cook for our group. Some of you may have seen me at the games...most people call me The Bison Pope, but my playoff gear I made makes me St Chris Klieman....leading the Bison to the promised land!

BYZEN
12-27-2014, 02:02 PM
Making my first trek to the big game...how is the taxi situation? Am staying in Plano, unfortunately flying not driving so will have no tailgating stuff...I usually am the cook for our group. Some of you may have seen me at the games...most people call me The Bison Pope, but my playoff gear I made makes me St Chris Klieman....leading the Bison to the promised land!

A group says at the same hotel in Plano as us and takes cabs to and from the game.
Just be sure to call well in advance or day before to schedule it. My advice.

bisonridge
12-27-2014, 02:35 PM
Used a taxi last year, worked ok, just make sure you emphasise the town you are staying in as there are multiple hotels of the same name. Also English is not the first language

bisonmike2
12-27-2014, 03:34 PM
The first natty, 2011, I hired one from the nairport to hotel at Plano then back to the airport. I really think it would be cheaper to rent a compact car. It worked well, but just expensive.

We're renting a car from the airport but for Friday and Saturday night we are going to be drinking. With everything so spread out we don't want to risk doing something stupid so we'd rather get a cab.

IzzyFlexion
12-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Mr. Obvious Frisco tips:

1. Go to Wild Pitch (fka 3rd Base) sports bar the moment you arrive on Friday.
2. Prioritize finding a seat at the bar.
3. While staring at her huge cans, ask friendly and flirtatious bartender for an adult beverage.
4. Creep on random scantily clad waitresses walking by. (I call this SAV-ing)
5. Greet random Bison fans surrounding your spot and make sure to discuss the "phenomenal ambiance" of bar.
6. Play.... "Opposing Team Where's Waldo" with the person sitting to your right.
7. If you see Slick....offer to buy him a round ONLY if he promises to share at least 2 stripper date stories.
8. It is extremely likely that at some point, Bri-Dog will tap you on the shoulder. Simply say "HEY YA FUCKER!!!" and clink glasses.
9. You WILL see SDBison. Do not..and I can't stress this enough..do not discuss NDSU's offensive scheme philosophy.
10. Offer your Bison sweatshirt to a cocktail waitress who has to serve the chilly patio area.*
11. Convince the manager on the server's behalf to bend the uniform rule in order to impress the chick.*
12. Completely fail in your fantasy attempt to have above server follow you back to hotel at closing.*
13. Lament losing above sweatshirt but revel in the fact that beautiful bressesses now occupy said product.*
*(last year for me)
14. collapse in total shame back at your room at 3:00 am after emptying the complimentary lotion bottle.
15. Getcher ass outta bed at the crack on dawn Saturday for Bison Gameday.

GRAFTONBISON
12-28-2014, 06:36 PM
Anybody have any experience with E-Z rent a car in Dallas? By far the cheapest rates I have seen but the reviews are all over the board. Wondering also if the the toll roads will be an issue with them? First 2 games we used other companies and didn't have to worry about the tolls.

Thanks!

Tatanka
12-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Experience with similar company in Houston. Once. Cars were filthy and maintenance obviously lacking. For tolls worked same as other rentals. Honestly I'd Priceline a car and save money that way before hooking up with a shady outfit, which this one may or may not be.
Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs

FFBison
12-28-2014, 06:57 PM
Anybody have any experience with E-Z rent a car in Dallas? By far the cheapest rates I have seen but the reviews are all over the board. Wondering also if the the toll roads will be an issue with them? First 2 games we used other companies and didn't have to worry about the tolls.

Thanks!

I saw that company and those cheap prices too but decided to pass. Price between them and some of the others wasn't that much different...something less than $10/day. I used Hotwire and ended up getting Hertz.

marenlee
12-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Used a taxi last year, worked ok, just make sure you emphasise the town you are staying in as there are multiple hotels of the same name. Also English is not the first language

Apparently Dr. Pepper Ballpark wasn't specific enough for our cabbie. He took us to an empty Toyota Stadium :facepalm:

unbison
12-28-2014, 09:11 PM

Thanks!
I have used them with no problems

BisonTru
12-28-2014, 09:57 PM
We used Uber last year. Way better than a cab. Better cars, better drivers, faster, same price.

bri-dog
12-29-2014, 02:26 PM
Someone posted this text on facebook...:)

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n305/bflaagan/wildpitchtext.jpg

BisonTeacher
12-29-2014, 02:28 PM
I fully expect to see some of the pics from that calendar in the...ahem "calendar" thread. Bisonnation11? Don't let me down.

BisonNation11
12-29-2014, 02:49 PM
I fully expect to see some of the pics from that calendar in the...ahem "calendar" thread. Bisonnation11? Don't let me down.

I will do my best! Sorry if they're blurry (or at least appear blurry to me!)

bisonmike2
12-29-2014, 03:04 PM

I heard the calender is going to be of drunk NDSU patrons of the bar.

Mr Meaty
12-29-2014, 03:11 PM
I heard the calender is going to be of drunk NDSU patrons of the bar.

going to need more than 12 months to get them all in there. :biggrin:

bisonfanette
12-30-2014, 07:01 AM

Hmm... you must not remember your comments from last yr.

MNLonghorn10
12-30-2014, 11:39 AM

Thanks!

we used E-Z last year. Only difference I see is they make you pay for a toll thing where previous years they didn't, but it also wasn't as cheap. pretty much a wash

GRAFTONBISON
12-30-2014, 01:13 PM
we used E-Z last year. Only difference I see is they make you pay for a toll thing where previous years they didn't, but it also wasn't as cheap. pretty much a wash

Thanks for everyone's input. Going to take Tatanka's suggestion and try the Priceline route.

unbison
12-31-2014, 02:49 AM
I just did name your price on Priceline got a standard car for 23 dollars a day

Tatanka
12-31-2014, 03:52 AM
I just did name your price on Priceline got a standard car for 23 dollars a day

Boom!

Brings to mind another little known fact... For most rental companies, a "standard" car and a "full size" car are supplied from the same pool of vehicles. So when you're bidding on Priceline, they only let you bid once a day unless you change the location, number of days, or class of vehicle. So you essentially get two cracks at the nut. Underbid the shit out of full size and if rejected, change to a standard and raise your bid a little bit. Win!

Another trick I've used with priceline is to add a phantom day on the end of the rental and return it early. If they don't accept $25/day for four days, try $18/day for 5 days. You end up paying a bit more due to fees and taxes but still less than you'd pay for four days at the bid price they would typically accept.

GRAFTONBISON
12-31-2014, 03:54 AM
Thanks again Tatanka. Got a full size car for $25 a day through Priceline.

Tatanka
12-31-2014, 03:56 AM
Booyah!!!!
Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs

BisonHorns
12-31-2014, 12:15 PM
This morning the news showed a winter storm in Texas. Is there anyone in the region who knows how the field will hold up this year?

Mr Meaty
12-31-2014, 12:51 PM
This morning the news showed a winter storm in Texas. Is there anyone in the region who knows how the field will hold up this year?

They did not re-sod the field this year. So at minimum it will be better than last year. No big chunks of turf should be coming up. Might now be as green as possible until they spray paint it.

BisonNation11
12-31-2014, 01:18 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/31/3eb4f455fc31749ce4d43d87536b57a5.jpg

roadwarrior
12-31-2014, 02:39 PM
Wonder how many gallons of green paint was used?

SDbison
12-31-2014, 02:42 PM
Wonder how many gallons of green paint was used? You mean that is not natural green? / Purple.

NDogg44
01-01-2015, 02:36 AM
If you can make it to downtown Dallas, visit Pecan Lodge. It's the best BBQ in Dallas by a long shot - if you don't get there early, they will run out of meat, but it's worth it if you can get there!

onbison09
01-01-2015, 03:42 AM
They did not re-sod the field this year. So at minimum it will be better than last year. No big chunks of turf should be coming up. Might now be as green as possible until they spray paint it.
Should just get cold rain. Maybe a bit of freezing rain but nothing to worry about unless they get the forecast completely wrong.

onbison09
01-01-2015, 03:55 AM
Was a B Dubs today wearing a Bison cap and a guy goes, "Holy shit! You guys are here already!" :rofl: Had numerous people ask me about our team. Guy said, "You guys are the nicest bunch of drunks I've ever met!" Was at the Allen Event Center for a hockey game and a concession person said, "My friend who worked in Frisco told me you have no idea what it will be like!"

Bison bison
01-01-2015, 02:54 PM
They should start pouring beers now.

BisonHorns
01-02-2015, 02:13 PM
http://fargo.craigslist.org/spo/4828399788.html
This was posted last night by an alumni near frisco. Hog hunting!

17>1
01-03-2015, 12:31 AM
Holy Fogo De Chao $49.50 dinner price Batman!!! I know PL recommended this but that is maybe a little rich for me. I'd probably get there and feel like I need to eat $49.50 worth of meat, and then suffer thru the ensuing food coma.

tke
01-03-2015, 12:39 AM
Fogo is damn good. When I lived in Baltimore, we would go once in a while. Expensive but not something you do often so worth it!

17>1
01-03-2015, 12:41 AM
Fogo is damn good. When I lived in Baltimore, we would go once in a while. Expensive but not something you do often so worth it!

Good point, and defintely something we consider when traveling. Our motto is "If Fargo/Moorhead has such and such restaraunt, we aren't eating there". So a unique spot is what we're looking for.

56BISON73
01-03-2015, 12:41 AM
Holy Fogo De Chao $49.50 dinner price Batman!!! I know PL recommended this but that is maybe a little rich for me. I'd probably get there and feel like I need to eat $49.50 worth of meat, and then suffer thru the ensuing food coma.

32.50 for lunch. Same menu.

17>1
01-03-2015, 12:44 AM
25.00 for lunch. Same menu.

Noted. However, not planning on getting to Lewisville until Friday evening and bailing immediately following the game on to OKC Saturday. Lunch won't work.

Hail bison
01-03-2015, 12:47 AM
Good point, and defintely something we consider when traveling. Our motto is "If Fargo/Moorhead has such and such restaraunt, we aren't eating there". So a unique spot is what we're looking for.

I'd highly recommend a Brazilian steak place. I haven't eaten at this one but if PL likes it, it's good.

17>1
01-03-2015, 12:51 AM
I'd highly recommend a Brazilian steak place. I haven't eaten at this one but if PL likes it, it's good.

Yep, agreed.

If PL recommends food, I listen.
If Tatanka recommends a place to snag a good piece of sod, I listen.
If TSCF recommends a cheaper way of traveling, I listen.
If Izzy recommends.....nevermind.

Hail bison
01-03-2015, 12:53 AM
If anyone is interested, my wife and I ate at a Brazilian place in Frisco last year. Estilo Gaucho Brazil I believe. The meats were excellent. Not cheap though. We had a couple drinks and the bill ran about a buck fifty with tip

BisonBabe
01-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet but Freebird World Burritos is a great place to eat as well. Is on Belt Line in Addison. Just down the road from FoGo. Both places are on our list kids are excited.

BisonBabe
01-03-2015, 01:05 PM
We will be there Friday for lunch.

This should have been a reply regarding FoGo

NDogg44
01-04-2015, 05:40 AM
Not sure if this has been posted yet but Freebird World Burritos is a great place to eat as well. Is on Belt Line in Addison. Just down the road from FoGo. Both places are on our list kids are excited.

There is also a Freebirds right next to the Allen Event Center (where the Pepfest will be Friday night).

BisonBabe
01-04-2015, 01:29 PM
There is also a Freebirds right next to the Allen Event Center (where the Pepfest will be Friday night).

Good to know may tie that all in together.

Vitojr130
01-05-2015, 11:14 PM
Anyone have any tailgating room for myself and 3 others? We don't have a rig

TAILG8R
01-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Anyone have any tailgating room for myself and 3 others? We don't have a rig

As many others will post on here you can wander into almost any tailgating group and be welcomed with open arms. I'm sure I won't be the only one to post this but you are welcome to hang at our tailgating area. We are bringing our trailer down along with a 20x20 tent in case its rainy and crappy.

SCBison629
01-06-2015, 01:09 AM
Anybody know if the NDSU hotels (Hilton in Allen) have shuttles to the game or pep rally? What about from DFW to the Holton in Allen? Flying in at 7:55 pm on Thursday!

Vitojr130
01-06-2015, 02:46 AM
As many others will post on here you can wander into almost any tailgating group and be welcomed with open arms. I'm sure I won't be the only one to post this but you are welcome to hang at our tailgating area. We are bringing our trailer down along with a 20x20 tent in case its rainy and crappy.

Awesome! Just wanted to make sure away games have the same feel as home games haha

Comfortably Numb Bison
01-06-2015, 02:58 AM
We will be there Friday for lunch.

This should have been a reply regarding FoGo

Could someone give more details of this FOGO place. We are taking the kids this year but I thought it might be nice to take the wife out one night while in town. I have watched the videos on youtube it seems like they serve you multiple different cuts of meat. Is it a buffet style where they serve for one price until you explode. Dress code? Bison gold should work huh? Reservations needed? Do they do a Gluten Free option? Anything else I should know?

BisonBabe
01-06-2015, 03:17 AM
Could someone give more details of this FOGO place. We are taking the kids this year but I thought it might be nice to take the wife out one night while in town. I have watched the videos on youtube it seems like they serve you multiple different cuts of meat. Is it a buffet style where they serve for one price until you explode. Dress code? Bison gold should work huh? Reservations needed? Do they do a Gluten Free option? Anything else I should know?

I think all the meats are gluten free. Starts with salad bar. Then when you move on to the meats the gauchos come around with the meat on a spit and serve you table side. Flip to red if you do not want meat or green if you do. All the meats are included with the price. I suggest lunch as you get all the meats for a lower price.

NDSUSR
01-06-2015, 07:05 AM
Go to Fogo in Minniapolis not Frisco. Texas is about texmex and bbq.

Ndsu84
01-06-2015, 08:42 AM

+1. Fogo is awesome but same as Minn.

bisonmike2
01-06-2015, 02:30 PM

Or if you want a similar experience that's a little less expensive and with free parking, there is a Brazilian steakhouse in Maple Grove.

BYZEN
01-06-2015, 08:13 PM
YO Steakhouse on Market street and Ross in West End Dallas has a Buffalo filet mignon that is excellent.

StL Bison Fan
01-06-2015, 08:22 PM
YO Steakhouse on Market street and Ross in West End Dallas has a Buffalo filet mignon that is excellent.

There is something to be said about fans who will eat their own mascot.

Green1
01-06-2015, 08:41 PM
There is something to be said about fans who will eat their own mascot.

Well, Redbird tastes like sh*t!

onbison09
01-08-2015, 11:55 PM
I have CA's book Ed Kolpack wrote, Bison Football: 3 Decades of Dominance if anyone is interested. We could meet at tailgating and I could give you the book.

Green1
01-09-2015, 12:42 AM
That's good to know. I heard Redbird taste like chicken.

Unfortunately that's untrue. It's a bitter bird due to it's constant squawking about tickets and parking spots it is entitled to.