PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Verbal: Aaron Mercadel III

tony
12-18-2014, 06:26 PM
Aaron Mercadel, 6-0, 180, LB/FB, St. Mary's HS (Albany), CA

Bisonation.info: http://bisonation.info/lb-aaron-mercadel-oakland-ca-2015-offer/

Welcome, aboard.

goalpost
12-18-2014, 06:32 PM
Aaron Mercadel, 6-0, 180, LB/FB, St. Mary's HS (Albany), CA

Bisonation.info: http://bisonation.info/lb-aaron-mercadel-oakland-ca-2015-offer/

Welcome, aboard.

welcome to Bison Nation!

Hammerhead
12-18-2014, 06:35 PM
Other Offers: FBS: Wyoming, Air Force FCS: Montana

LOLZ

jarhead
12-18-2014, 07:02 PM
Glad to have you on board, Aaron, can't wait to see you on the field!

westnodak93bison
12-18-2014, 07:18 PM
Welcome to Bison Nation.

GOBISON123
12-18-2014, 07:18 PM
Fired up, welcome aboard Aaron, the next Grant Olson.

THEsocalledfan
12-18-2014, 07:24 PM
Glad we Bohl'd over the competition.

KC Bison
12-18-2014, 07:36 PM
Was wondering about safety but 4.8 40 time might not work out for safet. Although he sure looks really fast.

Mr. Burgundy
12-18-2014, 07:49 PM
I haven't seen his time, or looked at it...because I could care less what sites say about height/weight/times. I do know that the staff says he is "FAST." That is good enough for me. Watch his hudl film. That kid can really fly around. He is the Travis Beck type size. nobody realizes how good and how small Travis really is. Travis is one of the best in the country. Our defense depends on speed. This kid can move. Welcome to NDSU!!!

tony
12-18-2014, 08:27 PM
I haven't seen his time, or looked at it...because I could care less what sites say about height/weight/times. I do know that the staff says he is "FAST." That is good enough for me. Watch his hudl film. That kid can really fly around. He is the Travis Beck type size. nobody realizes how good and how small Travis really is. Travis is one of the best in the country. Our defense depends on speed. This kid can move. Welcome to NDSU!!!

Yeah, looking at his highlight film, he's first down on kickoffs by a good margin.

Bison-Knuckle
12-18-2014, 08:34 PM
This kid looks to be legit!
Our defensive recruits are STACKED right now!
Welcome to Code Green Aaron!

HoopsBison
12-18-2014, 08:52 PM
Welome Aaron! Good day to be a Bison!

Sorry not sorry Craig!

BisonHorns
12-18-2014, 08:59 PM
Welcome to the Herd. Practice hard, play hard, and you will be a champion.

17>1
12-18-2014, 09:44 PM
Welome Aaron! Good day to be a Bison!

Sorry not sorry Craig!

Every day is a good day to be Bison!!

HerdBot
12-18-2014, 09:57 PM
Damn! Kid can fly and hit. What's not to like? Nice job Coach Cain and welcome aboard!

KilldeerBison
12-18-2014, 10:06 PM
Welcome Aaron!
Looks like he was recruited by Coach Cain. I'm thinking the Bison have a new California pipeline? Coach Cain seems to have some California pedigree, his bio from gobison : Jamar Cain, previously the defensive line coach and defensive coordinator at Wyoming, was named defensive ends coach at North Dakota State in January 2014. Cain was promoted from defensive line coach to defensive coordinator at Wyoming in November after spending the previous four seasons as the defensive line coach at Cal Poly from 2009 to 2012. He spent three seasons in the Missouri Valley Football Conference as the defensive ends coach at Missouri State from 2006-08. Cain was a defensive graduate assistant on Frank Solich's staff at Ohio in 2005, and was the defensive line coach and recruiting coordinator at Sacramento City College in 2004.

ZHerd
12-18-2014, 10:07 PM

Yep, I've learned a lot the last few years as a Bison fan. I use to care about size at LB but I don't so much anymore. If we have disruptive, physical D-linemen everything else falls into place. The past years is the first time I've ever cheered for a defense that didn't really need a nickel package because of our LB's (the 3 safety Shepherd package an exception).

SamsRams
12-18-2014, 11:10 PM
Why do I get a weird feeling when a young man who loves social media goes quite the day he verbals?

El_Chapo
12-19-2014, 02:07 PM
I still have yet to see where he verballed at, to be honest.

Bison-Knuckle
12-19-2014, 02:40 PM
Why do I get a weird feeling when a young man who loves social media goes quite the day he verbals?

He must have been waiting for his graphic to be complete. :)

https://twitter.com/YoungMerk33/status/545756248658808832

Herd12
12-19-2014, 03:17 PM
Yep, I've learned a lot the last few years as a Bison fan. I use to care about size at LB but I don't so much anymore. If we have disruptive, physical D-linemen everything else falls into place. The past years is the first time I've ever cheered for a defense that didn't really need a nickel package because of our LB's (the 3 safety Shepherd package an exception).

The number 1 thing I look at when the Bison sign a LB as far as size is concerned is height. Mercadel is listed at 6'1". This leads be to believe that coach Kramer can get him to play above 215 lbs without losing any of his speed. With DeLuca, Stumpf, PGT, Jordheim, Plank, Marlette, Liekhus and Gates all fighting for snaps next year I can't imagine Mercadel passing up a redshirt season. Give the strength staff and the nutritionists time to pack on the pounds and he'll be fine.

steelbison
12-19-2014, 04:45 PM
Congrats Aaron!!! Kid is quick!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaBisonFan
12-19-2014, 07:20 PM
Welcome Aaron.

SamsRams
12-19-2014, 07:46 PM
I still have yet to see where he verballed at, to be honest.

be sure to check @bisonation everyday. Had it posted last night

SamsRams
02-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Sending off a Q&A for Mercadel tonight. Any questions you want asked?

17>1
02-06-2015, 10:12 PM
Sending off a Q&A for Mercadel tonight. Any questions you want asked?

Deciding factors to come all the way to ND and not stay closer to home. Chance at early playing time, playing for championships, tradition, education, coaching staff, facilities, teammates?

MAKBison
02-06-2015, 10:24 PM
Deciding factors to come all the way to ND and not stay closer to home. Chance at early playing time, playing for championships, tradition, education, coaching staff, facilities, teammates?

Concerning our string of 1 loss and perfect seasons....In his mind, whats it take to turn a perfect season.
Has there been an chatter between the new recruits about how this class will rank when its all said and done......how they are going top the last 2 graduating classes. Do they even think/talk about this etc.

CaBisonFan
02-06-2015, 10:25 PM
Sending off a Q&A for Mercadel tonight. Any questions you want asked?What was the biggest factor in your decision to attend NDSU?

SamsRams
02-06-2015, 10:38 PM
What was the biggest factor in your decision to attend NDSU?

Not to be a dick, but duh. Yeah I got the obvious questions, just wondering if there was anything specific about him or any other players you wanted to know about

SamsRams
02-06-2015, 10:44 PM
Here is what I sent Aaron

Tell me about your high school team. What division do you guys play in, how successful have you guys been the past few years and what is the competition level like?

I see St Mary's had a big signing day party, what other players signed and where are they going to play?

What other schools were recruiting you and did you take any other official visits?

When was the first time you heard of NDSU and when did Coach Cain start recruiting you?

Tell NDSU fans what Coach Cain is like and what was his pitch to get you to commit to NDSU?

When you tell your friends you signed with NDSU, do they have any clue where it is or the success they have had the past few years?

Talk about your official visit. How was the game, what was it you wanted to see when you came and was there anything that surprised you about the school or city?

You took your official the same time as RB Bruce Anderson from Florida. Tell us about Bruce, which players were your hosts and did you enjoy your trip?

If a player from California was was being recruited by NDSU what would your pitch be to him to consider the Bison?

You are the first reported player from the state of California to pick NDSU over a FBS offer. What was it about NDSU that made you feel comfortable to travel so far away for school?

Did you get to see NDSU on TV at all for the playoffs or College Gameday and how excited were you when NDSU scored late in the 4th to beat Illinois State?

Do you see yourself playing Mike, Sam or Will linebacker and do you expect to redshirt next year? Or what have the coaches told you about redshirting and where they see you playing?

Do you know what you would like to major in?

17>1
02-06-2015, 11:06 PM

Tell me about your high school team. What division do you guys play in, how successful have you guys been the past few years and what is the competition level like?

I see St Mary's had a big signing day party, what other players signed and where are they going to play?

What other schools were recruiting you and did you take any other official visits?

When was the first time you heard of NDSU and when did Coach Cain start recruiting you?

Tell NDSU fans what Coach Cain is like and what was his pitch to get you to commit to NDSU?

When you tell your friends you signed with NDSU, do they have any clue where it is or the success they have had the past few years?

Talk about your official visit. How was the game, what was it you wanted to see when you came and was there anything that surprised you about the school or city?

You took your official the same time as RB Bruce Anderson from Florida. Tell us about Bruce, which players were your hosts and did you enjoy your trip?

If a player from California was was being recruited by NDSU what would your pitch be to him to consider the Bison?

You are the first reported player from the state of California to pick NDSU over a FBS offer. What was it about NDSU that made you feel comfortable to travel so far away for school?

Did you get to see NDSU on TV at all for the playoffs or College Gameday and how excited were you when NDSU scored late in the 4th to beat Illinois State?

Do you see yourself playing Mike, Sam or Will linebacker and do you expect to redshirt next year? Or what have the coaches told you about redshirting and where they see you playing?

Haha, not to be a dick either, but I don't see the question that CaBisonFan wanted you to ask.

SamsRams
02-06-2015, 11:45 PM
Haha, not to be a dick either, but I don't see the question that CaBisonFan wanted you to ask.

Lol valid point but I think all 3 of these get to the same answer

17>1
02-06-2015, 11:50 PM
Lol valid point but I think all 3 of these get to the same answer

Agreed. Great list of questions. Looking forward to what these guys say.

SamsRams
02-07-2015, 12:03 AM
Agreed. Great list of questions. Looking forward to what these guys say.

I will put CAs question in purifoys for sure and probably anderson and mooney if they agree

MAKBison
02-07-2015, 01:13 AM

I can see the rational behind your questions....good info to build on.

SamsRams
02-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Is it football season yet!!!!!!!!!!

http://bisonation.info/aaron-mercadel-qa/

17>1
02-08-2015, 09:20 PM

Good stuff!!

My favorite part "I rather be cold and win with a family than be warm and lose with a bunch of individuals."

Bookem
02-08-2015, 09:23 PM
I liked the comment "*When we beat Illinois state the way we did", sounds like bison family for life.

HerdBot
02-08-2015, 09:29 PM

I like this kid. Well spoken for a young guy.

I rather be cold and win with a family than be warm and lose with a bunch of individuals

ndsubison1
02-08-2015, 09:39 PM
I like how he had never heard of us until this past summer and now he's signed. Thats awesome.

StL Bison Fan
02-08-2015, 09:39 PM
Tell me you didn't smile when you read this.
Love it! Thanks, John!

EndZoneQB
02-08-2015, 10:26 PM
I have a feeling us & Bohl see him in the mold of Travis Beck, no?

SamsRams
02-08-2015, 10:34 PM
I have a feeling us & Bohl see him in the mold of Travis Beck, no?

I would agree. But it begs the question, who was the Mike LB in the last few classes.

Wolter? Marlette?

EndZoneQB
02-08-2015, 10:52 PM
I would agree. But it begs the question, who was the Mike LB in the last few classes.

Wolter? Marlette?

I thought Marlette was a Mike when he came here? Maybe we have enough athletes they are going to run a hybrid safety/LB out there(Board?)? Littlejohn played well at MLB and he wasn't overly large. Are there any TE's on the roster that are athletic enough to be that Tampa 2 tall, rangy MLB? What about Chase Morlock? You would know far more about that than me, though.

Kermit
02-08-2015, 11:49 PM

Wolter? Marlette?

Marlette is seen as an inside linebacker and I understand that he is doing very well. Look for a "big" linebacker to be a recruiting priority in the next class.

Jay
02-08-2015, 11:56 PM
Marlette is seen as an inside linebacker and I understand that he is doing very well. Look for a "big" linebacker to be a recruiting priority in the next class.

Kristian Welch... 6'3" 215 inside backer from Wisco. Back to Aaron.

Kermit
02-08-2015, 11:58 PM
I thought Marlette was a Mike when he came here? Maybe we have enough athletes they are going to run a hybrid safety/LB out there(Board?)? Littlejohn played well at MLB and he wasn't overly large. Are there any TE's on the roster that are athletic enough to be that Tampa 2 tall, rangy MLB? What about Chase Morlock? You would know far more about that than me, though.

We are seeing more spread offenses and 3-4 WR sets in the Valley. This will only increase the emphasis on speed in our defense. I think you are on the mark with the possibility of Board being used in a hybrid role. Klieman has said that Morlock will stay on offense, but I have a hunch that we may have seen a glimpse of the future in the last two playoff games when Morlock had a few snaps at fullback.

Herd12
02-09-2015, 01:03 PM

Wolter? Marlette?

I think it's Matt Plank. We'll get two starting seasons out of DeLuca before he's gone so we have a little bit of time to figure it out. I agree, though. Another Deluca-type-MLB has to be a priority for the 2016 class.