PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Season Thoughts

kingbison
12-16-2014, 04:26 PM
Last week I had to miss the game due to family Christmas. As I sat and watched the game with my dad we started the conversation on the success of the season. Everyone talks about "next man up" and "tradition" but it's a lot easier to talk about it than it is to actually have the kids and coaching staff actually accomplish it (just ask the other FCS teams) . I couldn't be happier on how this season has turned out. I would like to know another team that has gone through so much change in an off-season and still have the chance to go to the National Championship. I don't think we will never know how lucky we are that the entire coaching staff that was assembled did not change the schemes both Offensively or Defensively. In addition have the ability to possibly sign another class (or 2) that could possibly be NDSU's "best ever". Hopefully this coaching staff will have the ability to continue the success long into the future.

Kujava23
12-16-2014, 04:42 PM
Good Point, was a KEY for the upper class-men especially that the offensive and defensive schemes were not drastically changed. It gave the entire program a chance to proceed as normal. Bison coaches have TARGETED and DEVELOPED quality players and MORE IMPORTANTLY quality people.

Recruiting is the toughest and time consuming part of coaching that most people overlook, but the Bison Coaches have done an EXCELLENT job and their hard work and determination is the start of the success.

Jim Kramer's dedication to pushing players to achieve their max results is another part of the Bison Success. Bison have prepared for long seasons and demanding games settled in 4th quarters by ALL THE WORK they do in winter & summer workouts!

The players have bought in and worked their butts off to be the best they can be. We are fortunate for the wins but also the quality of players/people are guys are.

North Dakota is PROUD of the NDSU FOOTBALL PROGRAM and how they represent the entire state!!

GO BISON!!!

Honeybooboo
12-16-2014, 04:55 PM
predicted us with 2-3 losses, making the playoffs going out in Qtrs

didn't see us 1 loss, and 1 of 4 teams left playing

season has been a success, but now I want more

Bison03
12-16-2014, 05:23 PM
predicted us with 2-3 losses, making the playoffs going out in Qtrs

didn't see us 1 loss, and 1 of 4 teams left playing

season has been a success, but now I want more

I think most fans had close to that prediction as well. There were a lot of unknowns, especially on offense, that most thought would be hard to overcome. I think if you would have told any Bison fan in August that we would beat another FBS school, host Gameday again, be at 13-1 and hosting another semifinal game to get back to Frisco to go for a 4th straight title; they wouldn't have believed you. Rebuilding my ass!!! Let's keep the dynasty rolling and win 2 more!

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2014, 05:36 PM
I think this thread could start to sound like a season ending memorial.

There is only one thing to do:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Xir_ynJWsH8/hqdefault.jpg

Bison Loaf
12-16-2014, 05:49 PM
I predicted (to witnesses :)) before the season that NDSU would be a Top-4 team. I just couldn't see, especially with our defense, how they could be considered anything other.

I did not say, however, that they would be a FINAL 4 team. A lot of things have to go right for a team to make it that far, even one of the best teams in the country.

But thank goodness, things have "gone right" for the Bison, and here we are, back in the semi's. And once again, it's anybody's game to win...or lose. A play here, a play there. That's all it takes now, good or bad. But I also believe that we still have the best, most consistent defense left in the field, and for that reason.......I like our chances.

BTW, I believe one could very easily say that our next opponent, SHSU, is another team that can say they've gone through a lot of changes in the offseason....and are still standing. I don't think we have a monopoly on that mantra. The Herd is not a shoo-in here, even now. Buckle up folks, this is going to be one hell of a ride!!!

BlueBisonRock
12-16-2014, 05:50 PM
I will look for this thread and comment on January 11 or 12.

tony
12-16-2014, 05:53 PM
I will look for this thread and comment on January 11 or 12.

Yeah, I'm with the Gambler. There will be time enough for counting when the dealings done. :)

Professor Chaos
12-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Last week I had to miss the game due to family Christmas. As I sat and watched the game with my dad we started the conversation on the success of the season. Everyone talks about "next man up" and "tradition" but it's a lot easier to talk about it than it is to actually have the kids and coaching staff actually accomplish it (just ask the other FCS teams) . I couldn't be happier on how this season has turned out. I would like to know another team that has gone through so much change in an off-season and still have the chance to go to the National Championship. I don't think we will never know how lucky we are that the entire coaching staff that was assembled did not change the schemes both Offensively or Defensively. In addition have the ability to possibly sign another class (or 2) that could possibly be NDSU's "best ever". Hopefully this coaching staff will have the ability to continue the success long into the future.
Sam Houston St... completely new coaching staff (put in place days before signing day) and something like 4 returning starters :hide:

tjbison
12-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Sam Houston St... completely new coaching staff (put in place days before signing day) and something like 4 returning starters :hide:

don't remember them being in the title game last year....:duel:

Bison Loaf
12-16-2014, 06:23 PM
don't remember them being in the title game last year....:duel:

Hoof prints take at least a year to heal. :)

Dakid3kc
12-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Kujava and I were right on in our assessment of the regular season! We each even had which game NDSU would drop during the regular season. Our scores were pretty close on a few of those games as well. Those schedule predictions are still up on the sportsmeisters.com website if anyone hasn't checked those out. As for anything else? Well, the season is still going. And I prefer to comment on all that after NDSU plays there final "home" game on January 10th.

GO BISON!

kingbison
12-16-2014, 06:27 PM

I don't know why you have to use facts to derail my it's great to be a Bison! :)

56BISON73
12-16-2014, 06:28 PM

I think the Bison did it in the 80s. Solomson took over and won a Natty I think.

NorthernBison
12-16-2014, 06:32 PM
I think the Bison did it in the 80s. Solomson took over and won a Natty I think.

Actually TWO.

El_Chapo
12-30-2014, 04:30 PM
Good season in review story from breckenridge/wahpeton daily news

http://www.wahpetondailynews.com/news/five-wishes-that-came-true-for-bison-fans-this-season/article_495d79a8-8f71-11e4-b988-63ada3df9382.html?mode=jqm