PDA

View Full Version : NDSU v. SHSU

Pages : [1] 2

Buffalo.Rider
12-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Sam Houston State defeats Villanova, 34-31.
'Nova had a chance to win it. Missed a 51 FG attempt in the final minute.

So Bison will have SHSU in Fargo next week.

tony
12-13-2014, 08:30 PM
What do we know?

I've heard that half their team is (are?) transfers. They looked awfully fast against Villanova.

ndsubison1
12-13-2014, 08:37 PM
tough matchup. they are good at running the ball and we got gashed up the middle.

ZHerd
12-13-2014, 08:47 PM
Our offense brings their A-game again or we lose this game. Expect another nail biter

tony
12-13-2014, 08:48 PM
They are ranked #83 in the nation for total defense - and that was before the Villanova game... but their stats for conference games are really good (allowing 134 rushing yards per game.)

BisonTeacher
12-13-2014, 08:48 PM
Our DEFENSE brings their A-game again or we lose this game. Expect another nail biter

Fixed it for you.

ZHerd
12-13-2014, 08:49 PM
Fixed it for you.

That would be ideal but.....

Jay
12-13-2014, 08:51 PM
They are ranked #83 in the nation for total defense - and that was before the Villanova game... but their stats for conference games are really good (allowing 134 rushing yards per game.)

8 game win streak. Would be good to see their rankings during this stretch.

TbonZach
12-13-2014, 08:53 PM
While (almost) everyone is talking about the natty games, I'd like to remind everyone of the last time SHSU came to Fargo. What a great ending that was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTx__3AIusw

scottietohottie
12-13-2014, 08:55 PM
While (almost) everyone is talking about the natty games, I'd like to remind everyone of the last time SHSU came to Fargo. What a great ending that was.

That was the first game I took my wife too gf at the time we stayed for the whole game and she's been hooked on bison football ever since.

Kevin
12-13-2014, 08:55 PM
I think this will be easier than the last two weeks. Get a lead and make them play catch up and I think our defense can put this one away early.

GOBISON123
12-13-2014, 08:56 PM
I have an excellent suggestion.....how about giving some crayons and coloring sheet to our DLine, they can sit on the sideline and do coloring with some kindergarten kids.....awwww they look cute.....

Wally
12-13-2014, 08:59 PM
lol @ finalist banner, Flanders and Bell

1:58--Yeah Baby!

http://youtu.be/BWnIQbIddYA

Kevin
12-13-2014, 09:03 PM
I have an excellent suggestion.....how about giving some crayons and coloring sheet to our DLine, they can sit on the sideline and do coloring with some kindergarten kids.....awwww they look cute.....

Wtf?

(Ten characters)

BisonNeil
12-13-2014, 09:12 PM
Every team in quarters has scored 30 pts or more and EWU will likely also and we know they don't play defense. So that means everyone left in the semis have a shit defense, including NDSU, much to my dismay. It never occurred to me that Beck was such a lynchpin to this D.

Bisonwinagn
12-13-2014, 09:27 PM
I think this is a better matchup for NDSU. I thought when the playoffs started the 3rd game would be the easiest and I will stick to it, especially when we don't have to face the QB from Villanova.

BadlandsBison
12-13-2014, 09:28 PM
From what little I've seen, their quarterback is a solid runner. THAT has been NDSU's biggest weakness for a decade so buckle up folks.

westnodak93bison
12-13-2014, 09:34 PM
Every team in quarters has scored 30 pts or more and EWU will likely also and we know they don't play defense. So that means everyone left in the semis have a shit defense, including NDSU, much to my dismay. It never occurred to me that Beck was such a lynchpin to this D.
JC, Neil. Really? We don't play D? Give CC some credit. Nice offense. We did give up 7 on a ko return and poor field position with a bad punt and a couple bad kickoffs.

BisonNeil
12-13-2014, 09:37 PM
JC, Neil. Really? We don't play D? Give CC some credit. Nice offense. We did give up 7 on a ko return and poor field position with a bad punt and a couple bad kickoffs.

They are tackling very poorly and YAC is going through the roof because of that. They are also taking some very poor pursuit angles, so yeah, they are playing like shit.

WYOBISONMAN
12-13-2014, 09:42 PM
Giddy-up folks.... We have a tough one coming at us next weekend.

westnodak93bison
12-13-2014, 09:43 PM
They are tackling very poorly and YAC is going through the roof because of that. They are also taking some very poor pursuit angles, so yeah, they are playing like shit.
All of which can be corrected. I'd be way more concerned if we were getting blown off the ball. CCU has s nice scheme. That delayed run with multiple WR is tough.

AjaxTheMighty
12-13-2014, 09:49 PM
If the defense can play Bison football next weekend, which means D has to step up. Every teams becomes scary now because our D doesn't stand out any more. Someone should do a defensive stat comparison of all the remaining teams. I bet our Bison look pretty average...or maybe slightly below.

bisoningrandforks
12-13-2014, 09:56 PM
sam houston is VERY athletic with a lot of FBS transfers......its going to take everything we got to beat them....yes I know that southern speed but the way we look on d?....may have to out score teams the rest of the way

bisonpride4ever
12-13-2014, 09:56 PM
If the defense can play Bison football next weekend, which means D has to step up. Ever teams becomes scary now because our D doesn't stand out any more. Someone should do a defensive stat comparison of all the remaining teams. I bet our Bison look pretty average...or maybe slightly below.

Just did a quick glance of all the teams that played this round and NDSU gave up the 2nd fewest yards, with Chattanooga giving up the fewest. Villanova had over 500 yds of offense. Of the teams last week, NDSU gave up the 3rd fewest yards..

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

BadlandsBison
12-13-2014, 09:59 PM
Shoot. Doubt is setting in after today, someone reassure me for goodness sake!

I need Brock Jensen to punch me in the face

bisonpride4ever
12-13-2014, 10:00 PM
Sam Houston has given up over 1000yds of offense in the last two games.

MontBison
12-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Do they have a heck of a rb?

Wally
12-13-2014, 10:07 PM
It's not like #31 was a shrinking violet. He was low to the ground and very powerful. Did we miss a few tackles? Yes, but the other guy is on scholarship too. It was only our 2nd game without one of our standout LBs. Obviously more difficult to replace Beck this year than other players that went down in previous years. Don't know how much Coach K was involved with the defensive game plan this week, but it wasn't that good. Going to be another tough one next week to say the least.

Bisonguy
12-13-2014, 10:16 PM
Will KC Keeler wear sunglasses in the Fargodome?

BisonNeil
12-13-2014, 10:17 PM
It's not like #31 was a shrinking violet. He was low to the ground and very powerful. Did we miss a few tackles? Yes, but the other guy is on scholarship too. It was only our 2nd game without one of our standout LBs. Obviously more difficult to replace Beck this year than other players that went down in previous years. Don't know how much Coach K was involved with the defensive game plan this week, but it wasn't that good. Going to be another tough one next week to say the least.

While I won't argue the overall defensive game plan was not that good I though the halftime adjustment to rush three and go with one high safety was brilliant. CC had no answer for that defense and it confused the hell out of Ross each time. So, they did make some incredible adjustments!

td577
12-13-2014, 10:20 PM

I thought they did two things in the running that was very successful. Henderson hid behind his blockers until he had to make a move. Defenders weren't finding him until he ran past. They were running a lot of counters. Our defensive lineman and linebackers were following the zone blocking. This generally makes sense. You only block in the zone and pull blockers into the zone. Our defense read the direction of the zone and quickly over loaded the zone. The problem was Henderson kept countering away from the zone. He is good enough he doesn't need much room to move. Hide behind the zone and cut back into the free areas and gain seven yards a carry. When our backside started staying home, they had more success stopping him as CCU went back to running with the zone blocking. The Bison defense was playing a guessing game and guessed wrong a lot of the time.

Wally
12-13-2014, 10:26 PM
I thought they did two things in the running that was very successful. Henderson hid behind his blockers until he had to make a move. Defenders weren't finding him until he ran past. They were running a lot of counters. Our defensive lineman and linebackers were following the zone blocking. This generally makes sense. You only block in the zone and pull blockers into the zone. Our defense read the direction of the zone and quickly over loaded the zone. The problem was Henderson kept countering away from the zone. He is good enough he doesn't need much room to move. Hide behind the zone and cut back into the free areas and gain seven yards a carry. When our backside started staying home, they had more success stopping him as CCU went back to running with the zone blocking. The Bison defense was playing a guessing game and guessed wrong a lot of the time.

I heard Emanuel talk about their o line and how they just took up space and 31 disappeared behind them and made it difficult on them.

BisonNeil
12-13-2014, 10:34 PM

Saw that also. In this case the defensive coaches were a bit slow to adjust, but hey, halftime adjustments were great!

CAS4127
12-13-2014, 10:38 PM
So, do we know if we play Friday night yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisonpride4ever
12-13-2014, 10:43 PM

Jeremy seemed to think so but nothing official as of yet

Swaghook
12-13-2014, 10:43 PM

If ESPN wants the best venue between our game and UNH's it will be Friday night.

Wally
12-13-2014, 10:47 PM
If our game wasn't on Friday I'd be surprised. ISU would be getting the shaft big time. UNH would have damn near 2 extra days off over ISU. All day today and a travel day for ISU. With that said, this is the ncaa so who knows.

NorthernBison
12-13-2014, 10:50 PM

On Bison Rewind they said the committee meets tonight at 9:00 our time.

BisonNeil
12-13-2014, 10:54 PM
On Bison Rewind they said the committee meets tonight at 9:00 our time.

So what did those dipshits have to say tonight? More regurgitation? I am blowing them off permanently after their bullshit defense of last weeks refs.

FFBison
12-13-2014, 10:55 PM
tough matchup. they are good at running the ball and we got gashed up the middle.

When we're not facing a no huddle team like CCU, we can get DeLuca in there more and I think we'll be better against the run for it.

Ndsu84
12-13-2014, 10:57 PM
I don't know why guys are so sure we are going to lose. There were many times today our offense made Coastal look like a jv team, same with the defense. 100% on the coaching.

Our coaches are learning every game. When they get things clicking, the athletes blow everyone away.

Yes we weren't tackling well etc etc....but look at the final Bison scoring drive and the final defensive series. F---ing Awesome!!!

katstrapper
What do we know?

I've heard that half their team is (are?) transfers. They looked awfully fast against Villanova.

Sam Houston only has 17 transfers out of 90+ players on the roster. It cracks me up when ESPN just bemoans the fact that SHSU has transfers. Practically every FCS program has transfers whether they are Junior College or FBS. This gets old to hear. If they dug a little deeper and did some true reporting, they would find out that "yes" SHSU took about 13 transfers this year because of the loss to graduation and the late arrival of Keeler to Huntsville, which was two weeks before signing day. Not too mention, 13 of the 17 transfers on the roster are all from Texas originally and played high school football in Texas.

This will be a tall task for this young team.

Bisonwinagn
If our game wasn't on Friday I'd be surprised. ISU would be getting the shaft big time. UNH would have damn near 2 extra days off over ISU. All day today and a travel day for ISU. With that said, this is the ncaa so who knows.

I doubt the NCAA has any say in the scheduling.

BisonNeil
12-13-2014, 10:59 PM
Sam Houston only has 17 transfers out of 90+ players on the roster. It cracks me up when ESPN just bemoans the fact that SHSU has transfers. Practically every FCS program has transfers whether they are Junior College or FBS. This gets old to hear. If they dug a little deeper and did some true reporting, they would find out that "yes" SHSU took about 13 transfers this year because of the loss to graduation and the late arrival of Keeler to Huntsville, which was two weeks before signing day. Not too mention, 13 of the 17 transfers on the roster are all from Texas originally and played high school football in Texas.

Only? Holy shit, how many would you have to have before you thought that was a lot of transfers? Ha!

bisonpride4ever
12-13-2014, 11:00 PM

Agreed, whenever King comes into the game, the announcers say immediately that he's a transfer from Nebraska.

Wally
12-13-2014, 11:01 PM
I doubt the NCAA has any say in the scheduling.

NCAA or ESPN, either way the point is still valid, ISU would be getting the shaft.

Tatanka
12-13-2014, 11:02 PM
Wonder if Sam Houston can bring their diaper pant jerseys out of retirement for this game?

BisonNeil
12-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Holy shit is ISUr taking it to EWU or what? New Hampshire sweethearts, get ready to kiss your season good bye and welcome again to the Valley!

katstrapper
12-13-2014, 11:04 PM
Only? Holy shit, how many would you have to have before you thought that was a lot of transfers? Ha!

I was just responding to someone that said half the roster was transfers. It is not. Keeler took more this year because of the graduation of MANY starters. Plus, he didn't get to Huntsville till late. And so what if there is transfers.

FFBison
I don't know why guys are so sure we are going to lose. There were many times today our offense made Coastal look like a jv team, same with the defense. 100% on the coaching.

Our coaches are learning every game. When they get things clicking, the athletes blow everyone away.

Yes we weren't tackling well etc etc....but look at the final Bison scoring drive and the final defensive series. F---ing Awesome!!!

Yep...4th quarter D was awesome. Made 3 consecutive stops when we needed it and got pressure on Ross. SHSU QB isn't as mobile as Ross is.

marenlee
Holy shit is ISUr taking it to EWU or what? New Hampshire sweethearts, get ready to kiss your season good bye and welcome again to the Valley!

http://memecrunch.com/meme/AGHI/hold-on-to-your-butts/image.png

BisoninNWMN
12-13-2014, 11:15 PM
I think this is a better matchup for NDSU. I thought when the playoffs started the 3rd game would be the easiest and I will stick to it, especially when we don't have to face the QB from Villanova.

This here.

SHSU QB is no where near as good as Ross.

BisonKent
12-14-2014, 12:20 AM
Game time announced---Friday at 7:00 on ESPN2.

Putz
12-14-2014, 12:25 AM
Will KC Keeler wear sunglasses in the Fargodome?

Guaranteed if we play the night game.;)

Bison Bridge Guy
12-14-2014, 12:32 AM
I was just responding to someone that said half the roster was transfers. It is not. Keeler took more this year because of the graduation of MANY starters. Plus, he didn't get to Huntsville till late. And so what if there is transfers.

We lost 24 seniors from last year. Not sure how many transfers we have... A few probably but not 17.

TAILG8R
12-14-2014, 12:44 AM

Where do you see this?

bisonpride4ever
12-14-2014, 12:48 AM
Where do you see this?

JJ announced it during the basketball game earlier

BisonAccountant44
12-14-2014, 01:03 AM
We lost 24 seniors from last year. Not sure how many transfers we have... A few probably but not 17.
I believe King is the only FBS transfer. I don't know for sure if we have any JC transfers right now. I can't think of any of the top of my head anyway.

bisonpride4ever
12-14-2014, 01:10 AM
Then you have our transfers that came from DII and NAIA

DCinOK
12-14-2014, 01:11 AM

Great news! Dome should be rockin'.

MNLonghorn10
12-14-2014, 01:24 AM
Revenge game.

Sammy Bearkat 52

ndsu 10

BadlandsBison
12-14-2014, 01:31 AM
Revenge game.

Sammy Bearkat 52

ndsu 10
Wow, great call but I'm going 52-11 bearcats. You're just 1 off

ZHerd
12-14-2014, 01:52 AM

Wow, that is a lot. That is like an entire recruiting class worth of transfers. How many are FBS transfers? The more the merrier because we eat FBS teams for supper :biggrin:

BisonTeacher
12-14-2014, 01:57 AM
If we beat shsu next week will they make semi-final runner up shirts?

:biggrin:

AjaxTheMighty
12-14-2014, 02:42 AM
I don't think we will have a lot of trouble with the Bearcats. They are not anywhere near as good as CCU. Our defense needs a game to get back on track. Hopefully this will be it. It was the worst D performance since the bloody tampon field debacle. Nearly 400 yards of offense, 3 of 4 4th downs converted, 186 yards rushing, a 95 yard drive that looked so flippin' easy, gives me that not so fresh feeling! Maybe with the beat down they took they can have a come to Jesus like the offense did against UNI!

gumby013
12-14-2014, 02:56 AM
Ticket info.

http://gobison.com/news/2014/12/13/FB_1213142501.aspx

Season ticket holders can get theirs online Sunday starting at 2pm.

Buffalo.Rider
12-14-2014, 03:07 AM
All four FCS games this weekend were high scoring (lowest # of points was 30).
NDSU's defense fared better than I originally thought. It played better than the
D's of the other winning teams, if we look at the yards each team allowed.

Here are the total yards that each team had this weekend.

Illinois State - 542
Eastern Washington - 520

U-New Hampshire - 328
Chattanooga - 566

North Dakota State U - 500
Coastal Carolina - 383

Sam Houston State - 454
Villanova - 514

So of the winning teams, here are the yards they allowed:
NDSU - 383
SHSU - 514
New Hampshire - 566
Illinois State - 520

I might add Coastal Carolina scored between 30 and 60 points in every game they played this year, except one - 14 against Liberty. So the Bison did a pretty good job of holding them down, overall. Coach Klieman in the post game mentioned that the Bison stopped CCU on 3 successive possessions in the 4th quarter, so that is stepping up.

Buffalo.Rider
12-14-2014, 03:16 AM
Looking at the remaining teams in the FCS playoff .. ALL of them can score a lot of points. In a quick look - w/o doing the actual math - each of the 4 remaining teams averaged well over 30 points a game during the regular season, some may have averages over 40 pts per game. On that count, NDSU may have the lowest average of the four remaining teams.

Sam Houston State can put up a lot. Next week might be another high scoring game. When they faced the Bison in the 2011 and 2012 championships, however, they also had high scoring averages and the Bison shut them down in the 2nd halves. So .. I remain guardedly optimistic that the Bison will find a way to stop their juggernaut again.

DePereBisonFan
12-14-2014, 03:21 AM
It's embarrassing that one of the last 4 standing teams lost to a DII school. I can't believe that even happened.

Did you see the non-attendance at Villanova? Around 2,300 people according to the ESPN box score, but it looked like even less than that. It looked like the stands at an MSUM game.

Yet for some reason I don't think this is going to be any easier than SDSU or Coastal Carolina.

CaBisonFan
12-14-2014, 03:23 AM
It's embarrassing that one of the last 4 standing teams lost to a DII school. I can't believe that even happened.

Did you see the non-attendance at Villanova? Around 2,300 people according to the ESPN box score, but it looked like even less than that. It looked like the stands at an MSUM game.

Yet for some reason I don't think this is going to be any easier than SDSU or Coastal Carolina.Who lost to a DII school? Serious question.

Jay
12-14-2014, 03:24 AM
Sam Houston did early in the season.

DePereBisonFan
12-14-2014, 03:24 AM
Who lost to a DII school? Serious question.

Sam Houston State lost at home to Colorado State Pueblo, 47-21. And it was 47-7 in the 4th before they got 2 garbage TDs the last 6 minutes. Not joking. Colorado State Pueblo did not punt and it was 27-0 at halftime.

Kevin
12-14-2014, 03:25 AM
Who lost to a DII school? Serious question.

Sam Houston lost to Colorado-Pueblo.

CaBisonFan
12-14-2014, 03:28 AM
...wowza...

Bisonguy
12-14-2014, 03:43 AM
Sam Houston lost to Colorado-Pueblo.

Not to defend losing to a DII, but CSU-Pueblo is in the DII championship game and any team with 17 transfers, especially with a new coach, is going to struggle at the beginning of the season. If they were to play now, I doubt the outcome would be the same.

taper
12-14-2014, 03:51 AM
CSU-Pueblo this year would easily be a top half FCS team and could probably win some of the lower conference's titles and maybe get votes. That loss isn't nearly the black mark people are saying.

X-Factor
12-14-2014, 03:56 AM
47-7 though.....that's like a typical Youngstown implosion. To think, an FCS semifinal team was getting their doors blown off by a D2 on their home field so bad that the opponent had their 2's and 3's playing most of the 4th quarter. That's a story that I would rather ESPN not catch on to.

Nel360
12-14-2014, 04:15 AM
The good news is if God forbid we lose next week I should be able to unload my Frisco tickets

thebootfitter
12-14-2014, 04:15 AM
Have they announced Friday or Saturday yet?

WYOBISONMAN
12-14-2014, 05:09 AM
Friday......

Buffalo.Rider
12-14-2014, 06:28 AM
We may be better prepared defensively for facing SHSU (or any other team for that matter) than any of the other Final 4 teams.

All four FCS games this weekend were high scoring (lowest # of points was 30).
NDSU's defense fared better than I originally thought. It played better than the
D's of the other winning teams, if we look at the yards each team allowed.

Here are the total yards that each team had this weekend.

Illinois State - 542
Eastern Washington - 520

U-New Hampshire - 328
Chattanooga - 566

North Dakota State U - 500
Coastal Carolina - 383

Sam Houston State - 454
Villanova - 514

So of the winning teams, here are the yards they allowed:
NDSU - 383
SHSU - 514
New Hampshire - 566
Illinois State - 520

I might add Coastal Carolina scored between 30 and 60 points in every game they played this year, except one - 14 against Liberty. So the Bison did a pretty good job of holding them down, overall. Coach Klieman in the post game mentioned that the Bison stopped CCU on 3 successive possessions in the 4th quarter, so that is stepping up.

ndsubison1
12-14-2014, 06:31 AM

After the struggle early in the season I had a feeling you guys would turn it around and make the playoffs. Was not expecting semifinals though, but congrats so far. Should be another tough game.

ACECON
12-14-2014, 10:14 AM

What year was this?

870XPRS
12-14-2014, 10:16 AM
sam houston is VERY athletic with a lot of FBS transfers......its going to take everything we got to beat them....yes I know that southern speed but the way we look on d?....may have to out score teams the rest of the way

Since you are such a genius, can you tell me the last time we haven't had to outscore somebody?

NDSUFan_Sav
12-14-2014, 11:20 AM
They also started at the 50 on a bad punt and kick off return. Could of gone the other way and had less points or same points and more yards. That D stepped up bug in 2nd half

A1pigskin
12-14-2014, 11:37 AM

Coach K said they made a defensive tackle adjustment and that made a huge difference. I noticed a difference right away.

roadwarrior
12-14-2014, 11:50 AM
What year was this?

gizmo
12-14-2014, 11:52 AM
If, about 3 months ago, somebody would have said that NDSU gets to play SHSU in the semifinals at home, what Bison fan wouldn't have been ecstatic? We are doing just fine!

CalBison97
12-14-2014, 11:58 AM
Coach K said they made a defensive tackle adjustment and that made a huge difference. I noticed a difference right away.

But why wait until the 4th quarter to make that adjustment?

A1pigskin
12-14-2014, 12:09 PM
But why wait until the 4th quarter to make that adjustment?

I think it just took that long to figure it out or they were waiting for the right moment. Good question..

westnodak93bison
12-14-2014, 12:31 PM
What was the adjustment?

BisoninNWMN
12-14-2014, 12:35 PM
What was the adjustment?

Used a LB as a D-lineman. Probably more speed.

bandit218
12-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Used a LB as a D-lineman. Probably more speed.

I also noticed that the ends started keeping contain and not getting pushed inside or going to far downfield.

BisoninNWMN
12-14-2014, 01:20 PM
I also noticed that the ends started keeping contain and not getting pushed inside or going to far downfield.

Ross was slippery as heck yesterday. There were many times I thought he was sacked and he extended the play. He was pretty quick for a QB.

bisonboone11
12-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Friday......
Is it on ESPN or ESPN2?

BisonNation11
12-14-2014, 01:28 PM
The deuce...

Ross
12-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Gotta throw this in here!
sad Brian Bell :(

http://imgur.com/IQECXlG.jpg

BisoninNWMN
12-14-2014, 03:11 PM
^^^^^^^^^

Looks like BB could have used some more weight room time....:)

gumby013
12-14-2014, 03:19 PM
Tickets are now open to season ticket holders on www.gobison.com

A1pigskin
12-14-2014, 03:47 PM
^^^^^^^^^

Looks like BB could have used some more weight room time....:)

For sure... lol

gumby013
12-14-2014, 03:57 PM

That's clearly skinny-arms Rob Lowe.

Buffalo.Rider
12-14-2014, 04:03 PM
Here are some statistics on how the final four teams compare to one another. Offensively, not much difference, NDSU might be the weakest of the four, but they are all close. On defense, however, the Bison are clearly the best team, and Sam Houston is the weakest. Data came from the ncaa.com website, and includes the games played yesterday. Illinois State is formidable. Sam Houston has the most tackles for loss, so that is a big plus in their favor.

DEFENSE

. Rushing Passing Total Pts
. yds allowed yds allowed defense allowed
NDSU 116 150 266 14
SHSU > 163 > 208 > 376 > 25
UNH 154 205 360 21
ISU 113 223 336 21

> means not in Top 50

OFFENSE

. Rushing Passing Total Pts
. yards yards offense per game
NDSU 238 205 443 33
SHSU 250 204 454 36
UNH 172 273 445 37
ISU 244 223 467 41

For reference, Coastal Carolina
- avg of 37 points per game
- defense allwed 20 points per game

One can't measure heart, determination, and individual matchups matter, but NDSU is in as good a position as anyone. Against SHSU, the Bison may score quite a few points, but SHSU's defense is weak, so the Bison have to be favored in this game, IMHO. My money is on NDSU.

IzzyFlexion
12-14-2014, 04:11 PM

Since you are such a genius, can you tell me the last time we haven't had to outscore somebody?

@ 870XPRS: Completely uncalled for. I believe that there is enough hate on this board without you adding shit like that.

gumby013
12-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Watching some Sam Houston games today, and I'm seeing lots of stuff that bodes well for us. I'll post notes later today.

Bison4peat
12-14-2014, 04:47 PM

That guy was hating life in Frisco.

BamKat
12-14-2014, 06:05 PM
Hi! Congratulations on the last 4 years. Bearkat Nation is super excited to play NDSU in the playoffs! To be the best we HAVE to beat the best.

Bison 4 Life
12-14-2014, 06:05 PM
For this game, I'm going to stay hopeful that whatever they were missing on Saturday can come back this week.

It seemed when they had problems, they were able to adjust in the 4th quarter, a little later than we'd all hoped but timely nonetheless. Our DE's need to keep contain on the quarterback, this Johnson kid seems pretty athletic but isn't as good a passer as Bell. That will work to our advantage if we can keep him from getting his feet set.

This is still a team that has 10 starters that can hold teams to 12 ppg. In the past 3 years we have missed Leevon Perry, Colton Heagle, and Grant Olson. We need to just adjust to our personnel.

I've got my eye on a yellow cowboy hat.

ZHerd
12-14-2014, 06:09 PM
This may be a dumb question but is it finals week at SHSU?

Texas
12-14-2014, 06:12 PM

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/95552c8703d2d3d6331e23bee60504c9cfe1bd0d/c=152-0-2538-1794&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/KHOU/None/2014/10/25/635498622417720108-USATSI-8071313.jpg
New guy is a little bigger, and faster.

Hoping for a good game! Ready for some revenge.

FFBison
12-14-2014, 06:22 PM

Are you sure that's not skinny armed Rob Lowe?

MAKBison
12-14-2014, 06:34 PM
For this game, I'm going to stay hopeful that whatever they were missing on Saturday can come back this week.

It seemed when they had problems, they were able to adjust in the 4th quarter, a little later than we'd all hoped but timely nonetheless. Our DE's need to keep contain on the quarterback, this Johnson kid seems pretty athletic but isn't as good a passer as Bell. That will work to our advantage if we can keep him from getting his feet set.

This is still a team that has 10 starters that can hold teams to 12 ppg. In the past 3 years we have missed Leevon Perry, Colton Heagle, and Grant Olson. We need to just adjust to our personnel.

I've got my eye on a yellow cowboy hat.

They changed the formation..... played 3 down linemen verses 4 added another DB/LB (more speed)

StL Bison Fan
12-14-2014, 06:37 PM
This is in today's forum...

Close Original View
TICKET INFO FOR FCS SEMIFINALS
› Tickets for the Sam Houston State at North Dakota State game on Friday night will go on sale at 2 p.m. today at www.gobison.com/tickets › Season-ticket holders have until 5 p.m. Tuesday to purchase their same seats for the game. › Unclaimed season tickets will go on sale to the general public at 8 p.m. Wednesday. › Student tickets can be purchased at the Bison Ticket Office during regular office hours or at the Memorial Union from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday and Tuesday.

FFBison
12-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Are you sure that's not skinny armed Rob Lowe?

When you have a good joke, but somebody beat you to it.

Bison 4 Life
12-14-2014, 06:44 PM
They changed the formation..... played 3 down linemen verses 4 added another DB/LB (more speed)

and it worked. On a couple of those, they got penetration and finally sacked Ross. I know Coach K would rather not micromanage the defense but he and Entz have to get their heads together and come up with a much better gameplan from the start.

I want to get back to Wild Pitch, I mean the National Championship game!

FFBison
12-14-2014, 06:50 PM
If, about 3 months ago, somebody would have said that NDSU gets to play SHSU in the semifinals at home, what Bison fan wouldn't have been ecstatic? We are doing just fine!

If you would have said that after the loss to Pueblo (and a record of 1-3), we wouldn't have been ecstatic...we'd have been confused!

MrSnuffleupagus
12-14-2014, 07:27 PM
isn't there a picture of a Sam Houston player facedown on the field with NDSU celebrating in the background? thought i have seen this...

StL Bison Fan
12-14-2014, 07:32 PM
isn't there a picture of a Sam Houston player facedown on the field with NDSU celebrating in the background? thought i have seen this...

The one of B Bell curled up in the fetal position after being planted like a petunia?

Tatanka
12-14-2014, 07:58 PM
I really wish NDSU would tell someone what the ticket situation is so I can decide whether or not to be outraged.

56BISON73
12-14-2014, 08:02 PM
I really wish NDSU would tell someone what the ticket situation is so I can decide whether or not to be outraged.

You need a valid reason to be outraged? Your doing it wrong.:biggrin:

HillsboroBison
12-14-2014, 08:03 PM

this is my favorite

Bison"FANatic"
12-14-2014, 08:04 PM

R u not still a Sam Houston "donor" so you can get in their allotment.

loudsilverado
12-14-2014, 08:07 PM

Go ahead "Mike from Sioux Falls", you are on the air....

Tatanka
12-14-2014, 08:10 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/samhouston-Copy_zpsecce4ba5.gif

gumby013
12-14-2014, 08:15 PM
OK, just finished watching the Sam Houston @ Villanova game. Here are my thoughts.

Sam Houston is short. All of their linemen seem to be between 6' and 6'3". They also appear to be lighterer than we see in the Valley.

Their offense still has remnants of the old Willie Fritz option, although they don't run it all the time.

WR LaDarius Brown is very physical and will attack the ball in the air. He appeared to be the best player on the field.

Their main RB, Keyshawn Hill looked slow, almost as if he was injured. He was also missing from their game winning drive.

QB Jared Johnson is fast and can scramble, although his pocket awareness is lacking.

Kick and punt returns were solid, and capable of springing for long gains.

Defensively, they seemed to be running a 4-2-5, but one of the down linemen was much smaller, almost like a rush linebacker. It wasn't a 3-3-5 though, they almost always had 4 down linemen, except in long down and distance situations.

Their tackling was...atrocious. Almost all were high and of the ARM variety. Villanova was able to run through them all day. They also have issues shedding blocks. There was a distinct lack of effort to get to the ball. They are fast, just didn't seem to really want to get there. At the same time, they were susceptible to almost every play fake.

Villanova's special teams were some of the worst I have ever seen. Their kicking game was Georgia Southern bad. This really cost them throughout the game.

Villanova also shot themselves in the foot over and over again with procedure penalties, killing drives that were otherwise gashing the Sam Houston D.

Villanova LB Don Cherry is a complete stud.

They played zone for most of the game with corners playing about 5 yards off.

BisoninNWMN
12-14-2014, 08:25 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Could be a good match up for the Bison

SDbison
12-14-2014, 08:34 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/samhouston-Copy_zpsecce4ba5.gif lol...........diaper pants boys are back in town.

EC8CH
12-14-2014, 08:38 PM
This is in today's forum...

Close Original View
TICKET INFO FOR FCS SEMIFINALS
› Tickets for the Sam Houston State at North Dakota State game on Friday night will go on sale at 2 p.m. today at www.gobison.com/tickets › Season-ticket holders have until 5 p.m. Tuesday to purchase their same seats for the game. › Unclaimed season tickets will go on sale to the general public at 8 p.m. Wednesday. › Student tickets can be purchased at the Bison Ticket Office during regular office hours or at the Memorial Union from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday and Tuesday.

One thing they don't mention is general admission....

Thinking of taking fannette's advice and trying these out next playoff game.

Do these go on sale Wed at 8am? Thought that's when I saw them available on the website last week but am not 100% sure and the press release says nothing about them.

StL Bison Fan
12-14-2014, 09:20 PM
One thing they don't mention is general admission....

Thinking of taking fannette's advice and trying these out next playoff game.

Do these go on sale Wed at 8am? Thought that's when I saw them available on the website last week but am not 100% sure and the press release says nothing about them.
The student tickets turn into GA I believe. I say this because they are sec 10, 11, and 12. I say get in the door and make your own good time!

bisonhp330
12-14-2014, 11:28 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/a314n.jpg

Bison Bridge Guy
12-15-2014, 12:06 AM

So unfortunate that those commercials weren't out back then. The sign potential would have been amazing.

katstrapper
12-15-2014, 12:20 AM
After the struggle early in the season I had a feeling you guys would turn it around and make the playoffs. Was not expecting semifinals though, but congrats so far. Should be another tough game.

Honestly, many fans are/were surprised they turned it around to gain a share of the conference title and make it to the playoffs. There were 18 new starters that began the season that didn't participate in spring practice. Many of them were hurt after 2013 season and were not ready to play until fall camp. It has been major overhaul every since Keeler and staff arrived.
Now, moving forward, I don't think Keeler needs to be getting crazy with transfers which he said he wasn't going to do, just for the simple fact he knows how much football talent there is in the State of Texas. There are plenty of players to fill a roster. I will be interested to see how this next recruiting class turns out, but Sam Houston only graduates 19 players this year.

I am looking forward to this game. Its a totally different offensive scheme from the Fritz years, but Kats will run the ball. Offense has 3 very capable running backs along with QB Johnson. The receiving corp is a lot better and definitely bigger and more physical. The two starting wide outs are both over 6-2 (Brown is 6-4,220 and Edwards is about 6-3,200)

The defense is the part of the game that concerns me . They have played much better in the winning streak, but they will have to play lights out to stop the Bison O. The big playmaker on defense is redshirt freshman DE PJ Hall. He is a Jerry Rice Award finalist and a one man wrecking ball. (86 total tackles, 29 TFL, 11 sacks, 8 PBU, 4 forced fumbles and 5 blocked kicks). If the Kat D Line can be disruptive like they are capable and play like they did vs SE La and McNeese, this could be a very entertaining game.

This is going to be a tall task for this young team.

BYZEN
12-15-2014, 12:27 AM
The student tickets turn into GA I believe. I say this because they are sec 10, 11, and 12. I say get in the door and make your own good time!

Standing Room Only tickets are also General Admission tickets for sections 10, 11 (except where the band sits), and 12. If you go in between door open (90 minutes early) and 1 hour before game time you should get single letter seats if it's only two of you. After that it will be the rafters, I say this because we have friends that sit there and we watch them filling up, while not talking to Cookie because she can't stand the loud music...:facepalm2:

Tatanka
12-15-2014, 01:34 AM
Honestly, many fans are/were surprised they turned it around to gain a share of the conference title and make it to the playoffs. There were 18 new starters that began the season that didn't participate in spring practice. Many of them were hurt after 2013 season and were not ready to play until fall camp. It has been major overhaul every since Keeler and staff arrived.
Now, moving forward, I don't think Keeler needs to be getting crazy with transfers which he said he wasn't going to do, just for the simple fact he knows how much football talent there is in the State of Texas. There are plenty of players to fill a roster. I will be interested to see how this next recruiting class turns out, but Sam Houston only graduates 19 players this year.

I am looking forward to this game. Its a totally different offensive scheme from the Fritz years, but Kats will run the ball. Offense has 3 very capable running backs along with QB Johnson. The receiving corp is a lot better and definitely bigger and more physical. The two starting wide outs are both over 6-2 (Brown is 6-4,220 and Edwards is about 6-3,200)

The defense is the part of the game that concerns me . They have played much better in the winning streak, but they will have to play lights out to stop the Bison O. The big playmaker on defense is redshirt freshman DE PJ Hall. He is a Jerry Rice Award finalist and a one man wrecking ball. (86 total tackles, 29 TFL, 11 sacks, 8 PBU, 4 forced fumbles and 5 blocked kicks). If the Kat D Line can be disruptive like they are capable and play like they did vs SE La and McNeese, this could be a very entertaining game.

This is going to be a tall task for this young team.

Hey Katstrapper, you making it up for the game? If so, please plan on tailgating on Friday afternoon.... lots open at 2pm. Will be a fantastic time!

katstrapper
12-15-2014, 02:10 AM
Hey Katstrapper, you making it up for the game? If so, please plan on tailgating on Friday afternoon.... lots open at 2pm. Will be a fantastic time!

Unfortunately, Game being on Friday night has thrown a wrench in things for me. There is no way i can leave work early this week. I was really looking forward to this trip.

katstrapper
12-15-2014, 02:19 AM
OK, just finished watching the Sam Houston @ Villanova game. Here are my thoughts.

Sam Houston is short. All of their linemen seem to be between 6' and 6'3". They also appear to be lighterer than we see in the Valley.

Their offense still has remnants of the old Willie Fritz option, although they don't run it all the time.

WR LaDarius Brown is very physical and will attack the ball in the air. He appeared to be the best player on the field.

Their main RB, Keyshawn Hill looked slow, almost as if he was injured. He was also missing from their game winning drive.

QB Jared Johnson is fast and can scramble, although his pocket awareness is lacking.

Kick and punt returns were solid, and capable of springing for long gains.

Defensively, they seemed to be running a 4-2-5, but one of the down linemen was much smaller, almost like a rush linebacker. It wasn't a 3-3-5 though, they almost always had 4 down linemen, except in long down and distance situations.

Their tackling was...atrocious. Almost all were high and of the ARM variety. Villanova was able to run through them all day. They also have issues shedding blocks. There was a distinct lack of effort to get to the ball. They are fast, just didn't seem to really want to get there. At the same time, they were susceptible to almost every play fake.

Villanova's special teams were some of the worst I have ever seen. Their kicking game was Georgia Southern bad. This really cost them throughout the game.

Villanova also shot themselves in the foot over and over again with procedure penalties, killing drives that were otherwise gashing the Sam Houston D.

Villanova LB Don Cherry is a complete stud.

They played zone for most of the game with corners playing about 5 yards off.

Why dont you go back and watch JSU and SE LA games as well

Hail bison
12-15-2014, 02:34 AM
This thread is humorous. Apparently our defense now sucks? Give me a fuckin break

bisonridge
12-15-2014, 02:58 AM
this thread is humorous. Apparently our defense now sucks? Give me a fuckin break

fire bison d, save season!!!!

CAS4127
12-15-2014, 03:00 AM
I can tell you from experience that chasing a RB around all day who is difficult to tackle when you do get to him is effing exhausting both physically and mentally, as is the fact that you know before the play that the scheme isn't working. It taxes you big time.

56BISON73
12-15-2014, 03:02 AM
This thread is humorous. Apparently our defense now sucks? Give me a fuckin break

Who said that?

Hail bison
12-15-2014, 03:08 AM
Who said that?

I read this thread tonight from the first post and there are morons who now think we don't have a good defense. Go back and read. It's comical Pat

56BISON73
12-15-2014, 03:20 AM
I read this thread tonight from the first post and there are morons who now think we don't have a good defense. Go back and read. It's comical Pat

One post was from an idiot. Another from a guy who is usually spot on. Thing is when your D-line is getting its ass kicked and not controlling the LOS the LBs are going to have a tough time doing there job. Its not that they suck its just people arent used to seeing where the match up isnt in NDSUs favor. They are still spoiled from last year and cant get it out of their head.

HerdBot
12-15-2014, 03:20 AM

I still laugh at the number of times the announcers said "pump fake." Even John Madden would facepalm that one. Sometimes announcers just need to learn that silence tells the story better.

scottietohottie
12-15-2014, 03:24 AM
I still laugh at the number of times the announcers said "pump fake." Even John Madden would facepalm that one. Sometimes announcers just need to learn that silence tells the story better.

I still laugh about all the fans who went home early thinking the bison lost only to get out to car and hear they won on the radio!

HerdBot
12-15-2014, 03:29 AM
I still laugh about all the fans who went home early thinking the bison lost only to get out to car and hear they won on the radio!

Not sure what they were thinking with a 1 score game and an offense that could score at will

Hail bison
12-15-2014, 03:32 AM
One post was from an idiot. Another from a guy who is usually spot on. Thing is when your D-line is getting its ass kicked and not controlling the LOS the LBs are going to have a tough time doing there job. Its not that they suck its just people arent used to seeing where the match up isnt in NDSUs favor. They are still spoiled from last year and cant get it out of their head.

Your last sentence says it all.

G_Funky
12-15-2014, 11:57 AM
Don't know how well they throw the ball but with 2 bigs on the edge I hope, at least sometimes to mix it up, they give CJ and JC help over the top.

Also - ESP on 3rd on med-long Entz LOVES to dial up the blitz. Love this approach...however - any chance we run a mix of zone and man blitzes? Our blitzes out of nickel are almost exclusively man blitzes and it forces our undersized corners to be manned up on the edge. It also requires the defense to turn their back on the qb. Ccu's qb figured it out finally that on passing downs we were going to man blitz and he could scramble bc we weren't accounting for him to run. Johnson seems pretty athletic so I do hope we mix it up so he has to at least think about scrambling. When we do go with man blitzes there needs to be some serious pass lane integrity or he'll be out of the pocket and cruising with the dbs backs to him. Seemed like quite a bit in Saturday we were brining 6 or 7 and the pocket was being squeezed by the edge rushers but there wasn't an interior pass rush and the guys on the inside were just gettin washed so the qb could tuck it and go.

Although the defense was not lights out last week, they are still a very good crew. We'll need a little more production out of Esley and Dempsey in nickel when shsu runs the ball. Hopefully we save our nickel stuff for legitimate passing situations and not strictly based on personnel packages. We have the athletes to defend 2nd and med-long and even 3rd and med with our normal defense...going nickel just bc shsu is running 3 or 4 wide doesn't necessarily help us when we can only put 5 or 6 in the box...ESP with a duel threat running attack.

tony
12-15-2014, 12:16 PM

All I know is that #92 is a dude.

tony
12-15-2014, 12:17 PM
I think that I'll merge this with the other thread.

Edit: done.

gumby013
12-15-2014, 12:44 PM

I'll get to those.

BisonNeil
12-15-2014, 01:16 PM

Well, I did say they are playing like shit, but I did not say they suck, so get it right. Heagle said in the post-game interviews that the defense isn't playing very well, so I am not so sure my statements are off base. They are, in fact, tackling poorly, not wrapping up, and taking poor angles. Those same problems are plaguing the special teams as well. I stand by my statements and don't give Pollyanna people like you who wear rose-colored glasses shit because you are entitled to your uninformed opinion :)

StL Bison Fan
12-15-2014, 02:00 PM
The SHSU team has not been to the FFD. Do you think noise will be a factor?
It will if we do our job.

Bison Loaf
12-15-2014, 02:12 PM

I think our noise is ALWAYS a factor, even if it seems like the other team is handling it well.

First, you have to spend time and energy planning for it. I've got to believe that coaches could get more done during the week if they DIDN'T have to prepare for the noise.
Second, If they pipe in noise during practices all week long, that has got to wear on a player's nerves, doesn't it?
And Third, the noise pretty much limits any on-the-fly, last second play adjustments on the field.

12-0 at home in the playoffs says it all, and these are not horse crap teams we are playing (even though the Herd has made it seem that way sometimes).

We need to keep bringing it, Bison Nation!!!!

Buffalo.Rider
12-15-2014, 02:32 PM
Sam Houston State is a very good football team, and their overall stats may be misleading since they have gotten stronger as the season went on - perhaps somewhat like the 4-loss NDSU team that took it to the end with Eastern Washington a couple of years ago.

While I predict NDSU will win this game, I also think that the Bison need to respect SHSU and consider them as formidable an opponent as their first two opponents. Otherwise it might be a long afternoon.

Been reading a bit about SHSU - great coach, 1st year coach this year (same as Klieman) so a new system at SHSU, took time to learn it. Best receiver (Brown, whom some people here have said is, in their opinion, their best player) is a transfer from TCU - a team that likely would be in the FBS playoff if they were a big market team like Ohio State (yes I think this swayed the committee). In the game against Villanova, 'Nova scored a TD with about 7 min left to take the lead, then the Bearkats did two things to win it - marched down the field to get their own TD when they had to, then their defense stepped up to stop Villanova enough to force a long field goal that the Wildcats missed. That was a championship attitude, confidence, and determination.

I am confident NDSU will be well prepared for this game, but they will need to keep the pedal to the metal for this whole game - on both offense and defense, especially defense, if they are to win this one.

p.s. love the analysis by some of you ... your understanding of the game, defensive formations, why they matter, etc, is impressive and fun to read.

Tatanka
12-15-2014, 02:32 PM
I think our noise is ALWAYS a factor, even if it seems like the other team is handling it well.

First, you have to spend time and energy planning for it. I've got to believe that coaches could get more done during the week if they DIDN'T have to prepare for the noise.
Second, If they pipe in noise during practices all week long, that has got to wear on a player's nerves, doesn't it?
And Third, the noise pretty much limits any on-the-fly, last second play adjustments on the field.

12-0 at home in the playoffs says it all, and these are not horse crap teams we are playing (even though the Herd has made it seem that way sometimes).

We need to keep bringing it, Bison Nation!!!!

Coastal had a delay of game and two false starts on Saturday. Crowd-induced? Perhaps not but it sure didn't hurt.

ndsubison1
12-15-2014, 03:00 PM

ButtLsu and ButtBaylor?

Hail bison
12-15-2014, 03:04 PM
Well, I did say they are playing like shit, but I did not say they suck, so get it right. Heagle said in the post-game interviews that the defense isn't playing very well, so I am not so sure my statements are off base. They are, in fact, tackling poorly, not wrapping up, and taking poor angles. Those same problems are plaguing the special teams as well. I stand by my statements and don't give Pollyanna people like you who wear rose-colored glasses shit because you are entitled to your uninformed opinion :)

Good morning Neil. I had to look up the definition of Pollyanna. You made the statement all the remaining teams have a shit defense, including NDSU. There is a difference between a shit defense and one that did not play its best game (and give credit to Coastal).They've been solid all year. I'm not delusional in thinking this is last years team, but I'll put my money on this defense Friday.

BattleBorn
12-15-2014, 03:04 PM
Looks like the airlines are picking the Bison, check out the uncharacteristically high fare Jan 8:

tony
12-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Looks like the airlines are picking the Bison, check out the uncharacteristically high fare Jan 8:

I bet that they have some algorithm that jacks up the price by $X for every Y number of people checking a price for a certain flight.

THEsocalledfan
12-15-2014, 03:15 PM

Have to keep in mind the "first ever College Football Playoff Final*" is also taking place in Dallas and since Fargo is a forced connection, you are competing with that, too. I think that is the bigger reason for high fares.....

(*and I am I the only one who finds it very humerus they act like playoff football in college football is something new?)

MrSnuffleupagus
12-15-2014, 03:16 PM
I bet that they have some algorithm that jacks up the price by $X for every Y number of people checking a price for a certain flight.

They do. They know the demand is high for these dates based off of that exactly.

I decided to drive with a group of people to Frisco this year (im sure it will be more fun this way). But sometimes I kick myself for not grabbing those $106 round trip tickets with the $15 cancel insurance.

BisonNeil
12-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Sam Houston State is a very good football team, and their overall stats may be misleading since they have gotten stronger as the season went on - perhaps somewhat like the 4-loss NDSU team that took it to the end with Eastern Washington a couple of years ago.

While I predict NDSU will win this game, I also think that the Bison need to respect SHSU and consider them as formidable an opponent as their first two opponents. Otherwise it might be a long afternoon.

Been reading a bit about SHSU - great coach, 1st year coach this year (same as Klieman) so a new system at SHSU, took time to learn it. Best receiver (Brown, whom some people here have said is, in their opinion, their best player) is a transfer from TCU - a team that likely would be in the FBS playoff if they were a big market team like Ohio State (yes I think this swayed the committee). In the game against Villanova, 'Nova scored a TD with about 7 min left to take the lead, then the Bearkats did two things to win it - marched down the field to get their own TD when they had to, then their defense stepped up to stop Villanova enough to force a long field goal that the Wildcats missed. That was a championship attitude, confidence, and determination.

I am confident NDSU will be well prepared for this game, but they will need to keep the pedal to the metal for this whole game - on both offense and defense, especially defense, if they are to win this one.

p.s. love the analysis by some of you ... your understanding of the game, defensive formations, why they matter, etc, is impressive and fun to read.

While Keeler is in his first year at Sam, he is not a first year coach. He coached at Delaware for about a hundred years and has gotten to the natty so he is a good coach. PJ Hill, their Fr DE finished third in the Jerry Rice voting so one of the Bison OTs will have a challenge.

Tatanka
12-15-2014, 03:30 PM
Have to keep in mind the "first ever College Football Playoff Final*" is also taking place in Dallas and since Fargo is a forced connection, you are competing with that, too. I think that is the bigger reason for high fares.....

(*and I am I the only one who finds it very humerus they act like playoff football in college football is something new?)

American Airlines has a direct flight FAR->DFW. I'm betting that's already close to booked up for that date.

THEsocalledfan
12-15-2014, 03:32 PM
American Airlines has a direct flight FAR->DFW. I'm betting that's already close to booked up for that date.

Did not know they had added that flight......good to know.

TNbison
12-15-2014, 08:30 PM
opening lines for Semis

SHSU +16 1/2-120
NDSU -16 1/2-120

ISUr -4 1/2 -120
UNH +4 1/2-120

bisonaudit
12-15-2014, 09:49 PM
opening lines for Semis

SHSU +16 1/2-120
NDSU -16 1/2-120

ISUr -4 1/2 -120
UNH +4 1/2-120

Sagarin thinks they're pretty sharp.

Bison 4 Life
12-15-2014, 09:52 PM
opening lines for Semis

SHSU +16 1/2-120
NDSU -16 1/2-120

ISUr -4 1/2 -120
UNH +4 1/2-120

I'm beginning to wonder if their machine is stuck. That's been the line for each of the last 2 playoff games for the Bison.
]

bisonfanette
12-15-2014, 10:16 PM
Did not know they had added that flight......good to know.

They've had that flight for awhile... (we took it last yr) but now, the problem is the price. $744 non-stop to dfw, but if you want 1-stop on the return, it's $844. (Non-stop on the return is $1600.)
Flying Non-stop American Airlines out of S.Falls is $421! 2:45pm - 6:55pm. That's nice!

Tatanka
12-15-2014, 10:48 PM
They've had that flight for awhile... (we took it last yr) but now, the problem is the price. $744 non-stop to dfw, but if you want 1-stop on the return, it's $844. (Non-stop on the return is $1600.)
Flying Non-stop American Airlines out of S.Falls is $421! 2:45pm - 6:55pm. That's nice!

Yes, but then you have to fly out of Sioux Falls. Slowest luggage retrieval I've ever encountered.

Bison03
12-15-2014, 11:27 PM
Jeremy Jorgenson just said on Bison feedback that the winner of the NDSU/Sam Houston game will be the road team in Frisco.

Tatanka
12-15-2014, 11:36 PM
Jeremy Jorgenson just said on Bison feedback that the winner of the NDSU/Sam Houston game will be the road team in Frisco.

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news/13686/_1245831590.jpg

"Road" team.

thebootfitter
12-15-2014, 11:50 PM
"Road" team.
Maybe I'm just easily amused today:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tatanka again.

BYZEN
12-15-2014, 11:52 PM

They are just doing that because they don't want ISUr disturbed by the fireworks.....:duel:

roadwarrior
12-15-2014, 11:58 PM

So that means our seats are on the north, south, east and west sides?

Tatanka
12-16-2014, 12:02 AM
So that means our seats are on the north, south, east and west sides?

And in the corners, behind the supports.

scbison91
12-16-2014, 12:07 AM
So that means our seats are on the north, south, east and west sides? It matters more of what side we will be on for tailgating.

StL Bison Fan
12-16-2014, 12:13 AM
It matters more of what side we will be on for tailgating.

East and west.

BadlandsBison
12-16-2014, 12:49 AM
I can't wait to play stephen s. austin

56BISON73
12-16-2014, 01:40 AM
Looks like the tailgate will be on the east side of the stadium.

CAS4127
12-16-2014, 01:43 AM
Looks like the tailgate will be on the east side of the stadium.

Is that entrance side? Not that it matters cuz we haven't made it there yet and the opposite side was just fine IMO.

56BISON73
12-16-2014, 01:45 AM
Is that entrance side? Not that it matters cuz we haven't made it there yet and the opposite side was just fine IMO.

I guess you could call the west side the main entrance. But the east side has entrances as well.

bri-dog
12-16-2014, 01:46 AM

No, it's the other side. Wasn't part of it grass?

CAS4127
12-16-2014, 01:46 AM
I guess you could call the west side the main entrance. But the east side has entrances as well.

You sure about that?

56BISON73
12-16-2014, 01:50 AM
You sure about that?

Two years ago we tailgated on the east side and thats where I entered the stadium for the game.

CAS4127
12-16-2014, 01:52 AM
Two years ago we tailgated on the east side and thats where I entered the stadium for the game.

I walked around to other side where our seats were!

gumby013
12-16-2014, 01:58 AM
This game is speaking volumes to me.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?id=400557963

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-16-2014, 02:01 AM

Yeah, but let us not forget how we played against Western and Weber. Every team has an off day.

NDSU
12-16-2014, 02:13 AM
5233We used the East Gate for convenience last year.

JT64
12-16-2014, 02:33 AM
I walked around to other side where our seats were!

getting ahead of yourself a bit

CAS4127
12-16-2014, 02:33 AM
getting ahead of yourself a bit

Two years ago.

See post 179 Biiiiiotch!!

JT64
12-16-2014, 02:37 AM
there is one more game

CAS4127
12-16-2014, 02:38 AM
there is one more game

And I said in post 179 it didn't matter because we aren't there yet!! C'mon man!!

TbonZach
12-16-2014, 03:16 AM
I'm just glad they aren't the Bearsharks. That shit is scary.

http://cdn1-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2013/02/Bear-Shark.png

katstrapper
12-16-2014, 09:50 AM
All I know is that #92 is a dude.

#92 PJ Hall is a special player and can cause trouble on the edge. They move him around. He can rush inside and out. He is just very quick and always around the ball and can dominate the line. He has 29 tackles for loss and 9 sacks so he is always in the backfield. Best part is he is a redshirt freshman and will be around 3 more years.
But, he is just on player. Its going to take the entire defensive unit to play their best game. This defense has shown the ability of being dominating , but have been inconsistent. will be interesting to see which defense shows up. If the Kats can get a performance like in the SE La game , this will be a good game. If the defense from last week shows up, it could get ugly.

BisonTeacher
12-16-2014, 10:59 AM
I'm just glad they aren't the Bearsharks. That shit is scary.

http://cdn1-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2013/02/Bear-Shark.png

Dont forget Bear Pigs! wait, what?

BisoninNWMN
12-16-2014, 12:34 PM

SHSU gives up a ton of yards on defense....423

Bison should be able to move the ball.

HerdBot
12-16-2014, 01:05 PM
#92 PJ Hall is a special player and can cause trouble on the edge. They move him around. He can rush inside and out. He is just very quick and always around the ball and can dominate the line. He has 29 tackles for loss and 9 sacks so he is always in the backfield. Best part is he is a redshirt freshman and will be around 3 more years.
But, he is just on player. Its going to take the entire defensive unit to play their best game. This defense has shown the ability of being dominating , but have been inconsistent. will be interesting to see which defense shows up. If the Kats can get a performance like in the SE La game , this will be a good game. If the defense from last week shows up, it could get ugly.

Short at 6-1 but packs some punch at 270. Pretty heavy for a DE

TNbison
12-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Anyone have news on Vraa?

56BISON73
12-16-2014, 01:45 PM
Anyone have news on Vraa?

According to coach K hes made good progress but is unlikely for this Friday.

gumby013
12-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Watched a couple more games last night.

Jared Johnson's accuracy and decision making goes to crap with the slightest amount of pressure. Leave him alone in the pocket and he can make throws. When he does miss, he misses high.

tony
12-16-2014, 01:48 PM
I saw a bit of one of their early season games and Jared Johnson looked pretty rough - missed on a lot of passes.

From what I've seen from his last couple games, he's on fire... in fact, I just checked, in the last two games he's 35 of 46 for 6 TDs and no INTs. That's a 200+ QB rating. I'm hoping part of that is because Villanova was playing 8 yards off the WRs or something.

Gotta get into his head early because a QB like that combined with an excellent run game is going to hard to stop for any defense.

kingbison
12-16-2014, 03:32 PM
I saw a bit of one of their early season games and Jared Johnson looked pretty rough - missed on a lot of passes.

From what I've seen from his last couple games, he's on fire... in fact, I just checked, in the last two games he's 35 of 46 for 6 TDs and no INTs. That's a 200+ QB rating. I'm hoping part of that is because Villanova was playing 8 yards off the WRs or something.

Gotta get into his head early because a QB like that combined with an excellent run game is going to hard to stop for any defense.

That means KE has a chance to single handly change the course of the game with his pass rush. I like our chances

Siouxfallsbison
12-16-2014, 03:54 PM
Graduation at 11am and then to the tailgate lots!! Best Graduation party ever!

Tatanka
12-16-2014, 03:56 PM

EXCELLENT! Congrats to your son!

cbline
12-16-2014, 04:03 PM

Wow! I hope that it is an extra memorable day!

NachZ
12-16-2014, 06:41 PM

The lines have all been interesting compared to the results this postseason... thoughts on being 14 point favorites going into this one?

Jay
12-16-2014, 06:50 PM
Winner of this game will be the visitor in Frisco.

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2014, 07:02 PM

The lines have all been interesting compared to the results this postseason... thoughts on being 14 point favorites going into this one?

Completely ignoring it yet again. I can see it being 38-21 but could also be 28-26

NachZ
12-16-2014, 07:08 PM
Completely ignoring it yet again. I can see it being 38-21 but could also be 28-26

And we all know someone can see it being 52-10....

cbline
12-16-2014, 07:33 PM

Is it just me, or does this post have the scent of Lakes? NachZ joined in October 2014, yet has only 5 posts by mid-December. Plus, the question on our thoughts about the spread sounds a bit "trollish."

NachZ
12-16-2014, 07:40 PM
Is it just me, or does this post have the scent of Lakes? NachZ joined in October 2014, yet has only 5 posts by mid-December. Plus, the question on our thoughts about the spread sounds a bit "trollish."

Sorry to dissapoint, long time lurker just finally wanted to get in on the conversations.

NDSUstudent
12-16-2014, 08:11 PM
Time for another Gold Rush!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5AXgAlCEAE-Quk.jpg

Bison Loaf
12-16-2014, 08:21 PM

And another yellow Pom Pom/Pon game and thread???? Please, please, please!! I've got a bunch of double entendres to use up yet.

No? Then how about yellow Thunder Sticks. I could make that work. ;)

scbison91
12-16-2014, 08:21 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5AXgAlCEAE-Quk.jpg but team is wearing green

gumby013
12-16-2014, 08:25 PM
Sam Houston is flying in Wednesday.

56BISON73
12-16-2014, 08:28 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5AXgAlCEAE-Quk.jpg

:facepalm:

After last week I dont have any yellow left. So it looks like I will have to wear green.

BlueBisonRock
12-16-2014, 09:04 PM
:facepalm:

After last week I dont have any yellow left. So it looks like I will have to wear green.

Just reuse your Pom Pons.

THEsocalledfan
12-16-2014, 09:24 PM
So, read Kolpack's blog post on SHSU numbers. Anyone know how their run defense is? (He only put up yards allowed.) Seems to me the best way to beat these guys is going to play keep away so 1-2 defensive stops wins the game.

coloradobison
12-16-2014, 09:34 PM
So, read Kolpack's blog post on SHSU numbers. Anyone know how their run defense is? (He only put up yards allowed.) Seems to me the best way to beat these guys is going to place keep away so 1-2 defensive stops wins the game.

From the portion of the first quarter I have watched thus far, Nova ran all over them. Their line looks to be decently sized but their linebackers, etc are small. Should be a power running game.

BisonNation11
12-16-2014, 09:50 PM
So, read Kolpack's blog post on SHSU numbers. Anyone know how their run defense is? (He only put up yards allowed.) Seems to me the best way to beat these guys is going to play keep away so 1-2 defensive stops wins the game.

They have given up 300+ yds rushing in 2 games (EWU and LSU), 250+ in 3 other games (Stephen F. Austin, Jacksonville St, and Villanova), 200+ in one other game (McNeese). Best part is they also gave up over 225+ yards passing in each of those games except the McNeese game. They lost the games they gave up 300+ and won the others. However, it appears that ranked teams have easily moved the ball against their defense. Stop their offense and NDSU should have more than a decent shot at returning to Frisco. Couldn't find any stats on TOP.

gumby013
From the portion of the first quarter I have watched thus far, Nova ran all over them. Their line looks to be decently sized but their linebackers, etc are small. Should be a power running game.

Their line is actually smaller than they look on tv. None of them top 6'3".

BisonNation11

They have given up 300+ yds rushing in 2 games (EWU and LSU), 250+ in 3 other games (Stephen F. Austin, Jacksonville St, and Villanova), 200+ in one other game (McNeese). Best part is they also gave up over 225+ yards passing in each of those games except the McNeese game. They lost the games they gave up 300+ and won the others. However, it appears that ranked teams have easily moved the ball against their defense. Stop their offense and NDSU should have more than a decent shot at returning to Frisco. Couldn't find any stats on TOP.

JDZ
12-16-2014, 10:13 PM
Couldn't find any stats on TOP.

SHSU ranks 98th in FCS with just over 28 minutes of possession on average.

NDSU ranks 2nd with nearly 34 minutes.

CAS4127
12-16-2014, 10:23 PM
SHSU ranks 98th in FCS with just over 28 minutes of possession on average.

NDSU ranks 2nd with nearly 34 minutes.

Yet they have 11 wins. TOP isn't a great predicter of wins IMO!

Bisonfanatical
12-16-2014, 11:37 PM
I have noticed that the Gridiron Power Index has been 100% on the outcomes of every matchup EXCEPT for these fellows. They were ranked 28th but are playing much better than that. Villanova was a fluke win for them. This will be a good game but it is time for their luck to stop. We have the best defense out there and these close games reflect the power of the opposition, but I believe CC has prepared the Bison for this No-huddle mess-up.....It has been my thoughts thru these playoffs that there is a better than average chance of a Missouri Conference championship game.....we will see what we will see. :offtopic:

tjamz
12-17-2014, 01:17 AM

According to katfans they seem to not be great at tackling and rely heavily on arm-tackles. Their biggest concern appears to be stopping our offense (seems weird typing that)

NDSUSR
12-17-2014, 05:11 AM
This game is a blowout.... ;)
hehehe

NDSUstudent
12-17-2014, 05:32 AM
According to katfans they seem to not be great at tackling and rely heavily on arm-tackles. Their biggest concern appears to be stopping our offense (seems weird typing that)

If they can't tackle...Crockett will have a very large game.

Buffalo.Rider
12-17-2014, 06:10 AM
I have noticed that the Gridiron Power Index has been 100% on the outcomes of every matchup EXCEPT for these fellows. They were ranked 28th but are playing much better than that. ...

Perhaps because of a new coach (was formerly at Delaware, successful program there), and I reckon new offensive and defensive schemes to learn. Took awhile, but now the team is on board, they are playing well.

Another variable I don't recall reading anyone talk of this: conditioning. When Bison played SHSU for Natl Ch, 2nd game (if I recall right) ... close game at half-time, then NDSU came out can trounced the 3rd and 4th quarters. I doubt anyone is conditioned better than NDSU, but teams could be on a par with us. (I think SDSU was, for example). Anyone have any ideas, information on, how well SHSU does late in the game?

BisonNeil
12-17-2014, 11:50 AM
Perhaps because of a new coach (was formerly at Delaware, successful program there), and I reckon new offensive and defensive schemes to learn. Took awhile, but now the team is on board, they are playing well.

Another variable I don't recall reading anyone talk of this: conditioning. When Bison played SHSU for Natl Ch, 2nd game (if I recall right) ... close game at half-time, then NDSU came out can trounced the 3rd and 4th quarters. I doubt anyone is conditioned better than NDSU, but teams could be on a par with us. (I think SDSU was, for example). Anyone have any ideas, information on, how well SHSU does late in the game?
I don't know how well they are conditioned now but in the NC games Sam sent the players home for the holidays because they did not have the financial resources to keep the players on campus. They worked out on their own dating mama's cooking. The Bison only got two days off. They were out of football shape, plain and simple. That won't be the case this time.

BisonNeil
12-17-2014, 11:52 AM

I don't know how well they are conditioned now but in the NC games Sam sent the players home for the holidays because they did not have the financial resources to keep the players on campus. They worked out on their own eating mama's cooking. The Bison only got two days off. They were out of football shape, plain and simple. That won't be the case this time.

Hammerhead
12-17-2014, 01:59 PM
You can nerd out with stats from the NCAA at http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/25.

BisonNation11
12-17-2014, 02:03 PM
You can nerd out with stats from the NCAA at http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/25.

I do use that website when looking at rankings. I used Sam Houston's site to find the numbers I put up. Must say I did not enjoy their setup.

katstrapper
12-17-2014, 02:52 PM
Their line is actually smaller than they look on tv. None of them top 6'3".

If you going by shsu roster online you will be misinformed. They are a little bigger than you but not 6-5 and 6-6. This entire OL has been together and started all year.

Someone asked about conditioning, this team is fine. Defense rotates players all the time and the offense is no huddle, up tempo. You wont hear the QB screaming snap count. Its all hand signals . Everybody, including lineman look to the sidelines for play call.

Hail bison
12-17-2014, 03:32 PM
If you going by shsu roster online you will be misinformed. They are a little bigger than you but not 6-5 and 6-6. This entire OL has been together and started all year.

Someone asked about conditioning, this team is fine. Defense rotates players all the time and the offense is no huddle, up tempo. You wont hear the QB screaming snap count. Its all hand signals . Everybody, including lineman look to the sidelines for play call.

We couldn't hear a cannon in that place, much less a screaming QB

MrSnuffleupagus
12-17-2014, 03:36 PM

Do you measure them?

SDbison
12-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Yep, SHSU is all world all around.......NOT! Maybe their no huddle offense will work now and then, but it sounds like their defense is vulnerable. Bison will have their way running and passing.

gumby013
12-17-2014, 03:50 PM
It's that time again! Everyone get your creep on.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8601/history/20141217/1900Z/KCLL/KFAR

cbline
12-17-2014, 03:52 PM

YES! I love these flight updates! Thanks!!!

scottietohottie
12-17-2014, 03:59 PM

How big are you gumby? I'd like to get an idea of how big these guys are. Or are they just a little bigger then me?

StL Bison Fan
12-17-2014, 04:04 PM

Thanks! Fun but creepy!

gumby013
12-17-2014, 04:04 PM
How big are you gumby? I'd like to get an idea of how big these guys are. Or are they just a little bigger then me?

6' 260lbs...so they are a bit bigger. I'd also say they are probably less round than myself. I like Pizza Corner and tacos a bit too much.

StL Bison Fan
12-17-2014, 04:05 PM
6' 260lbs...so they are a bit bigger. I'd also say they are probably less round than myself. I like Pizza Corner and tacos a bit too much.

Somehow I pictured you tall and thin. Kind of triangle shaped and hanging with a guy named pokey.

gumby013
12-17-2014, 04:09 PM
Somehow I pictured you tall and thin. Kind of triangle shaped and hanging with a guy named pokey.

That was me in high school. I graduated at 135lbs.

Da Bison
12-17-2014, 04:14 PM

I notice his hair never moves either...............................might have the same barber as B. Faison.

tony
12-17-2014, 05:14 PM

#92 certainly looks bigger than 6-1. Should have learned last week that the sizes listed on rosters aren't always accurate. Some of those 280 lb OL for CCU were 300+ lbs.

scottietohottie
12-17-2014, 05:16 PM
#92 certainly looks bigger than 6-1. Should have learned last week that the sizes listed on rosters aren't always accurate. Some of those 280 lb OL for CCU were 300+ lbs.

Got to factor in the freshmen twenty.

THEsocalledfan
12-17-2014, 08:47 PM
Sam St. landed 20 minutes ago. Enjoy the weather, men!

Green1
12-17-2014, 09:14 PM

Shrinkage!!! :biggrin:

BisonNeil
12-17-2014, 09:14 PM

So two days in Fargo? Nice strategy. No wonder KC has won a natty.

56BISON73
12-17-2014, 09:18 PM
Shrinkage!!! :biggrin:

I dont want to talk about Monday.:eek::smh::smh: