PDA

View Full Version : Zach vraa is not playing and nobody seems concerned

GOBISON123
12-13-2014, 07:14 AM
Our main WR is hurt and I find it appalling that nobody is concerned about it.

Everybody believes in this cliche "next man up" thing and I don't see any man
I just see bunch of kids, you wanna talk about men, talk about Billy Turner, Leevon Perry, Travis Beck, Cole Jirik, Tyler Gimmestad and them guys....what we have are some new kids falling down left right and center, I don't know tomorrow, just concerned that Zach Vraa is not playin tomorrow

SomeBeach
12-13-2014, 07:58 AM
I'm too busy trying to figure out how to work my pom pon to be concerned with this trivial stuff.

But now that you mention it, yeah, it worries me too.

I still think we win the game, but we'll just have to go about it differently than we would with a fully-healthy Vraa.

56BISON73
12-13-2014, 08:45 AM

I just see bunch of kids, you wanna talk about men, talk about Billy Turner, Leevon Perry, Travis Beck, Cole Jirik, Tyler Gimmestad and them guys....what we have are some new kids falling down left right and center, I don't know tomorrow, just concerned that Zach Vraa is not playin tomorrow

Your appalled? Your post is appalling.

BisonNation11
12-13-2014, 10:35 AM
Whether you're comfortable or not, it's next man up. The opportunity is there, they just have to grasp it. We'll find out shortly who that next man up is.

BisoninNWMN
12-13-2014, 11:11 AM

Other WRs need to step. It is not like the cupboard is totally bare there bud....:facepalm:

If you like to worry so much maybe the team you should "root" for is 70 miles north on I-29!!:bleh:

JMB
12-13-2014, 11:13 AM
You are right... Where is my teal t-shirt....

I do think this, it will be a lot closer game than many expect.

SoCalBison
12-13-2014, 11:20 AM
...I just see bunch of kids....

REALLY? How do you think "kids" become man enough to "man up"? This is how they do it. They get a chance and they either take it and grow, or they don't. I've been concerned about things on this team from time to time, and I understand about being concerned about Zack being out of the line up...but "kids"? Zach was a kid, so was Urzendowski, so was everybody.

Next man up.

Go Bison! Let's pound CCU!

scottietohottie
12-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Well after they give the ball to Crockett ten times in a row the receivers will be so wide open that all wentz will have to do is throw the ball so dam hard it sticks in the wr face mask for a catch problem solved.

BisoninNWMN
12-13-2014, 11:43 AM
You are right... Where is my teal t-shirt....

I do think this, it will be a lot closer game than many expect.

Compared to last year's score?

CC's D-line better be able to run 4.4s because they are going to get pushed all over the field by a O-line that outweighs them by 30+ pounds and 70 lbs in the DEs case.

GRAFTONBISON
12-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Other WRs need to step. It is not like the cupboard is totally bare there bud....:facepalm:

If you like to worry so much maybe the team you should "root" for is 70 miles north on I-29!!:bleh:

Nothing to worry about up north. Remember, the worm has turned!!

HerdBot
12-13-2014, 11:56 AM
Your appalled? Your post is appalling.

This ^^
:rofl:

A1pigskin
12-13-2014, 12:03 PM

Lot's of people concerned, but in this game it is next man up.

BYZEN
12-13-2014, 12:05 PM
Nothing to worry about up north. Remember, the worm has turned!!

Nothing to worry about up north because it is December and they don't play football up there in December.:facepalm2:

NDSUBowler
12-13-2014, 12:11 PM

Pathetic post. The norm from you.

BisonTeacher
12-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Nobodys concerned? Check the thread in my signature....then correct your statement.

westnodak93bison
12-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Bison are favored by 17 1/2

gizmo
12-13-2014, 12:15 PM
Of course there is cause for concern when a great player like Vraa gets hurt but let us not forget last week's performance by our receivers. Those guys performed admirably in as tight and pressure filled game as can be. IMO, our receiving corps contributed greatly to that hard-fought victory snd I expect those efforts will continue on in Vraa's absence.

Next men up! Go Bison!!!!!

westnodak93bison
12-13-2014, 12:40 PM
Make that 18 1/2

BisoninNWMN
12-13-2014, 12:41 PM
Make that 18 1/2

Bison cover this!!

Strategery
12-13-2014, 12:49 PM

:confused:
Because Urzendowski.
Because Taz.
Because Bison Defense.

bisonhp330
12-13-2014, 01:03 PM

Sent on the day of the Pom

bisonpride4ever
12-13-2014, 01:51 PM

Yeah it does suck about his injury but it's not like they can postpone the game until he's better. Nope the next guy in line has to step in and play. It may seem like a cliche but it's true. This is why they practice. This is why recruit players. This is part of why coaches are hired. It's to develop and get everybody ready to play and play at a high level. Because of this is why when Heagle blew his knee out, they didn't miss a beat. This is why when Leevon when down, they kept on dominating. This is why they were still untouchable when GO when down. Beck, Johnson, etc etc. it's why it's a team game.

Next.Man.Up

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

A1pigskin
12-13-2014, 01:56 PM
We will miss Vraa's speed.

Jude3
12-13-2014, 01:57 PM
I am not concerned about missing Vraa because of the matchup we have this week. We should be able to run the ball today almost at will with our size advantage. I'm wondering if we will see more off tackle runs with how small the DE's are, or if we will have more success running straight up the middle? As far as our passing game without Vraa? Just mix in Uzzie, Vad, and Bonnett. We'll be fine. Just go get it done Bison!

ZHerd
12-13-2014, 02:06 PM

Maybe us fans crying about it will help him heal in time for kickoff

yopaulie
12-13-2014, 02:56 PM
I was assuming Vraa will be back for the Natty game? That's why I haven't been too worried. I think we will handle CCU without him, and get by SHU or Nova, but will absolutely need him for a game against EWU or ISU (my predicted opponents).

What is his prognosis for being back for the Natty?

BisonTeacher
12-13-2014, 08:01 PM
And the OP was worried about offense. Lol.

NDSUstudent
12-13-2014, 08:04 PM
And the OP was worried about offense. Lol.
He clearly wasn't paying attention to the SDSU game, Vraa was out and guys stepped up. Same thing today.

Sent from my A0001

BisonTeacher
12-13-2014, 08:08 PM
He clearly wasn't paying attention to the SDSU game, Vraa was out and guys stepped up. Same thing today.

Sent from my A0001

I meant that we should be more worried about the defense.

A1pigskin
12-14-2014, 12:11 PM
What is the status of Vraa. I'm not hearing much..

thebootfitter
12-16-2014, 08:52 PM
What is the status of Vraa. I'm not hearing much..

Same here. Anyone have any updates?

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Same here. Anyone have any updates?

coach K said he'd be surprised if he was ok for this week. They aren't game planning for him.

Bison03
12-16-2014, 08:55 PM
coach K said he'd be surprised if he was ok for this week. They aren't game planning for him.

Maybe it's "coach speak" and Vraa will be out there. I doubt it, but this time of year...you never know. Caoches won't give away anything.

Mr Meaty
12-16-2014, 08:58 PM
Less than a 50/50 shot that Vraa will be ready to go this week.

NDSUSR
12-16-2014, 09:07 PM
We will be okay without him this week. Heal up good for Frisco.

CaBisonFan
12-16-2014, 09:19 PM
I'm plenty concerned that he won't be playing against Sam Houston. Think we have a tough game coming Friday night.

gizmo
12-17-2014, 12:57 PM
Sure, it would be great to have Vraa on the field against SHSU but it also appears that our passing game has actually improved in some ways with him out. This is not a slam on Vraa in any way as he is a great player. IMO, other receivers have stepped up and they are now making plays which makes our passing game at least as dangerous as before Vraa's injury. Bring Vraa back when he is 100%.

MrSnuffleupagus
12-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Don't be too concerned about Vraa. Great player, but there are also many other great players.

What I am more concerned about is where the heck has Jensen been all season?! He needs to get in there and make some big plays. Right?!

/purple

tjbison
12-17-2014, 01:32 PM
just had the joy of reading this thread......good lord is all I have to say